Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Aug 5 - 11

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 14, 2013 5:29 PM

Mar 2011
bippo said:
Free! climbing up over monogatari on amazon with ease again after THAT episode.

Steady on animate.

Also beating monogatari and SnK on HMV.

Free! sales might(?) or will go above chuu2koi levels. Stalker is underestimating for sure.

First 10k+ original anime this year? Love Live doesn't count isn't it?
link?
Aug 14, 2013 5:44 PM

Nov 2011
bippo said:

Steady on animate.

Also beating monogatari and SnK on HMV.

Free! sales might(?) or will go above chuu2koi levels. Stalker is underestimating for sure.

First 10k+ original anime this year? Love Live doesn't count isn't it?

Here we go again....

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Aug 14, 2013 5:46 PM

Sep 2012
As always...

http://www27392u.sakura.ne.jp/index_news.cgi

But as always, look at the points, not just the momentary ranking. Free is still way below Neko Shiro in points.
Aug 14, 2013 8:42 PM

Oct 2007
If we're going to try to disqualify Love Live as an original anime we might as well do the same to Free! since it's based off of a light novel treatment submitted to the Kyoani awards. I have a better idea, lets just check our inner fanboy for a moment and not do any of this.
Aug 14, 2013 9:02 PM

Dec 2007
Exactly, Free is based on the High Speed light novel.
Aug 14, 2013 9:36 PM

Nov 2008
The merch issue with Fantasista Doll is slowly being solved

Still no Madeleine Dakimakura well at least a figure was announced (Griffon better not screw up)

Aug 15, 2013 4:12 AM
Jan 2013
Meddigo said:
Exactly, Free is based on the High Speed light novel.
But entire plot changed from primary schoolers to high schoolers.

It's more like 'spin off' of original light novel.

jmal said:
bippo said:

Hey guys, like how his "40k! Crushing Monogatari!" has suddenly become "Maybe it'll beat a 15k show"? In the span of, like, a week, when it's been roughly steady rankings the whole time? There cannot possibly be anyone left in this thread that takes him seriously, please tell me there isn't.

The worst part of this bullshit is that by outrageously exaggerating Free!'s ranking so far, a serious disservice is being done to the success it actually has/is going to achieve by making it look like anything less than "historic" is a disappointment. Shingeki had the same nonsense happen to it.

I wish I could just ignore the blinding stupidity but I hate the thought of sales newbies coming in and thinking this crap is actually a legitimate analysis. There's too much misinformation on sales as it is.
Yeah. Stupidity and immaturity of bippo's post is almost too much.
Aug 15, 2013 5:32 AM

Sep 2012
bippo said:
Where were you when Monogatari climbed up above Free with ease last week? You said Monogatari would fall like cold stone as it showed only recap, no?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 15, 2013 7:09 PM
Sep 2012
Ugh another TWO monogatari volumes appearing last night. Kabukimonogatari. Crap.

Free! buyers have to do double purchases this time to beat the average. Kyoani needs to give more extras to the discs!

Same with SnK producers and buyers!!

Bad, bad day today.

Hope kabuki doesn't reach #1 on amazon.

Thank god for kpop and johnnies blocking its path!! hahaha!

Bad times ahead.
Aug 15, 2013 7:13 PM
Oct 2012
bippo said:
Ugh another TWO monogatari volumes appearing last night. Kabukimonogatari. Crap.

Free! buyers have to do double purchases this time to beat the average. Kyoani needs to give more extras to the discs!

Same with SnK producers and buyers!!

Bad, bad day today.

Hope kabuki doesn't reach #1 on amazon.

Thank god for kpop and johnnies blocking its path!! hahaha!

Bad times ahead.

Lol. Hey, bippo. What are your predictions for kabuki?? From the spoilers I've read, looks like there will be a lot of shinobu and mayoi. You think there will be a spark happening? Any chance for Attack on Titan be a topseller this year?
Aug 15, 2013 7:17 PM
Sep 2012
_aaa said:

Lol. Hey, bippo. What are your predictions for kabuki?? From the spoilers I've read, looks like there will be a lot of shinobu and mayoi. You think there will be a spark happening? Any chance for Attack on Titan be a topseller this year?

Too early to tell who will be the topseller. SnK volume 2 is doing good as of late. Monogatari is looking quite weak. We still got autumn and utapri last volume boost.

And no, there will be no spark coming just because the lolis are the MCs this time.

Cute half-naked muscular guys, guy-to-guy CPR is a much better choice than lolis. /free bias
Aug 15, 2013 7:19 PM
Oct 2012
bippo said:

Too early to tell who will be the topseller. SnK volume 2 is doing good as of late. Monogatari is looking quite weak. We still got autumn and utapri last volume boost.

What's your current numbers this time?
Aug 15, 2013 7:25 PM
Sep 2012
_aaa said:
bippo said:

What's your current numbers this time?

Hmmmm for averages, so far....

SnK 55k (volumes 2 & 3 strong, volume 1 strong tail)
Free 40k (volume 1,2 3 strong on ALL online stores, especially HMV, animate 4,5,6 volumes doesn't matter as long as 1,2,3 does great)
Utapri 35k (might go up depending on last volume)
LoveLive 25k (It WILL go up due to volume 7)
Monogatari 20k (box purchases not on sale until next year, waning population and interest)

Then we have the autumn shows...

IS
kurobas

My pick for dark horses....
Kill la kill
Kyoukai no kanata

The point is all volumes of SnK must be solid and has long staying power in order to achieve the top. Right now, they're laughing at everyone at the bottom.

BTW, I'm picking Sakura Trick to be the winter topseller next year.
Aug 15, 2013 7:32 PM
Oct 2012
What is the reason for Sakura trick being the winter top next year? Hype? Gossip?
Aug 15, 2013 7:35 PM
Sep 2012
_aaa said:
What is the reason for Sakura trick being the winter top next year? Hype? Gossip?

Well, there have been talks about it on the net. At comiket too, which is surprising.

Don't expect much into it.

Tamako market and kyoani was the hype last winter and LoveLive fans are somewhat quiet and skeptical about sunrise producing it.

Look at what happened haha. This is for japan btw. Not international reactions.
Aug 15, 2013 7:36 PM
Oct 2012
bippo said:
_aaa said:

Well, there have been talks about it on the net. At comiket too, which is surprising.

Don't expect much into it.

Tamako market and kyoani was the hype last winter and LoveLive fans are somewhat quiet and skeptical about sunrise producing it.

Look at what happened haha. This is for japan btw. Not international reactions.

Thanks. Maybe I'll read than manga or light novels perhaps? I admit, I giggled about tamako and love live.
Aug 15, 2013 7:40 PM

Jul 2013
The only way I can see Sakura Trick honestly being a top-seller (ignoring bippo's trolling) is with a really weak season... and even then Gin no Saji S2 will probably be at the top from what's currently scheduled for the Winter...(Other Yutaka Yamamoto's godsend savior anime). But if they actually pull off good animation (or tons of fanservice) it could actually sell well as the Winter (or whatever season) Yuri Anime. (Yuyushiki for Spring and Kinmoza for Summer.)
MoederaAug 15, 2013 7:46 PM
NYANPASU~!
Aug 15, 2013 7:40 PM
Sep 2012
Bippo, how about Wake Up Girls?? It is airing on winter and is being directed by Yamakan.

And Nisekoi??

How can you be so sure that sakura trick will do outsell it??
Aug 15, 2013 7:44 PM
Sep 2012
WuG is being trolled to death by Yamakan antis currently. While I'm a big Yamakan fan, it will probably do well but not to 20k+ levels of sales.

Unless he seriously saves anime next year *winks*

Nisekoi is airing in winter? Source?

All this sakura trick is just speculation. Even I'm not so sure. It is just a wild guess considering the current circumstances.
Aug 15, 2013 7:45 PM

Jul 2013
_liliput said:
Bippo, how about Wake Up Girls?? It is airing on winter and is being directed by Yamakan.

And Nisekoi??

How can you be so sure that sakura trick will do outsell it??

Nisekoi can easily sell well with the popularity of the manga, that is if Shaft does a good job with it which I hope they will, and not kill it by using a strange art style or too much original anime content...Even then Sakura Trick and Nisekoi haven't even been scheduled for any season yet.
NYANPASU~!
Aug 15, 2013 7:46 PM

Nov 2008
bippo said:
WuG is being trolled to death by Yamakan antis currently. While I'm a big Yamakan fan, it will probably do well but not to 20k+ levels of sales.

Unless he seriously saves anime next year *winks*

Nisekoi is airing in winter? Source?

He'll save anime, he's got it in the bag now that he has something that will actually sell.

Aug 15, 2013 7:49 PM
Jan 2013
My lord, if it really is _aaa = _liliput = bippo, I'm going to laugh so hard.

Like seriously. There are STILL people who has credibility in his saying? World is failing.
Aug 15, 2013 7:49 PM

Jul 2013
jmal said:
Moedera said:
Even then Sakura Trick and Nisekoi haven't even been scheduled for any season yet.

Sakura Trick was confirmed for Winter.

Oh hallelujah then, at least my winter break is guaranteed to have at least some entertainment in store for me.
NYANPASU~!
Aug 15, 2013 7:50 PM

Nov 2011
jmal said:
bippo said:
BTW, I'm picking Sakura Trick to be the winter topseller next year.

If there were any lingering doubt that bippo is a joke account...

Seriously, _aaa, assuming you're not just a bippo sockpuppet, you need to start seeking out less delusional sources of information.

Really, as this point I think i'll just go with that _aaa is Bippo's sockpuppet account.

It seems I'm not the only who thought of that possibility.

But really. Claiming Sakura Trick, no matter how much I want it to be, to be the top seller is getting a bit too ridiculous.
You know, unless we get a really weak season. And its way to early to know that. Less than 1/4th of the anime for winter have been announced.
rederoinAug 15, 2013 7:56 PM

Aug 15, 2013 7:50 PM
Sep 2012
Hoppy said:

He'll save anime, he's got it in the bag now that he has something that will actually sell.

If the man said it, we should believe it. Based Yamakan.
Aug 15, 2013 7:53 PM
Sep 2012
Moedera said:

Nisekoi can easily sell well with the popularity of the manga, that is if Shaft does a good job with it which I hope they will, and not kill it by using a strange art style or too much original anime content...Even then Sakura Trick and Nisekoi haven't even been scheduled for any season yet.

They made denpa onna average looking. I'm expecting nisekoi to be like that as well. But the current direction of the manga is getting horrible.
Aug 15, 2013 7:54 PM
Sep 2012
^ Because chitoge is nowhere to be found. ><
Aug 15, 2013 7:55 PM

Mar 2012
Honestly from the announced winter 2014 anime nothing seems to be something that can boom.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 15, 2013 7:56 PM
Sep 2012
bippo said:

I'll take that anyday.
Aug 15, 2013 7:57 PM
Jan 2013
jmal said:
Kitchiri said:
My lord, if it really is _aaa = _liliput = bippo, I'm going to laugh so hard.

Like seriously. There are STILL people who has credibility in his saying? World is failing.
"Shockingly", they only participate in this thread when he does, and only to set him up with questions he wants to give answers to, and are the only people who take him seriously, and never address any of the posts made to them from other people.

These threads have always had issues (glorious MAL community and all) but bippo is trying his hardest to completely run them into the ground and destroy any worth they had left.
Seriously. It's almost non-sense how current _liliput + bippo conversation almost looks like they are talking to themselves. Even if it is all guess work, this is just lol worthy how their posting is just a few minute or second apart even though it is different account. It would be more non-sense if _liliput and bippo is just refreshing this thread infinite times because they are some kind of gay lover and want to just talk more fake infos each other.
Aug 15, 2013 7:58 PM
Sep 2012
_liliput said:
bippo said:

I'll take that anyday.

You chitoge anti are atrocious. Chitoge will win anyways.

At least we somehow agree the current chapters are a mess.
Aug 15, 2013 7:58 PM

Nov 2011
NeoAnkara said:
Honestly from the announced winter 2014 anime nothing seems to be something that can boom.

Only around 8 series have been announced, so who knows what will air during it.

Aug 15, 2013 8:00 PM

Mar 2012
rederoin said:
NeoAnkara said:

I find 11 series announced. You sure it's only 8?
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 15, 2013 8:01 PM
Sep 2012
^ Gj-b 2nd season might air next winter as well. I hope so.

Also what is with me and this fuss having double accounts lol. I guess people here only go to MAL and nothing else?
Aug 15, 2013 8:01 PM

Nov 2011
NeoAnkara said:
rederoin said:
NeoAnkara said:

Around, I wasn't sure on the exact number.

Aug 15, 2013 8:02 PM
May 2012
bippo said:

Also what is with me and this fuss having double accounts lol. I guess people here only go to MAL and nothing else?

Apparently people here like you for some reason. So shut up and go back to moderate the other forum.
Aug 15, 2013 8:04 PM
Jan 2013
bippo said:
and I don't even know what the hack this sentence is talking about. Is this admitting having double account or flaming us for having no life other than mal?
Aug 15, 2013 8:05 PM
Sep 2012
rederoin said:
NeoAnkara said:
rederoin said:
NeoAnkara said:

Around, I wasn't sure on the exact number.

http://anichart.net/winter

Not sure if that is credible or not.
Aug 15, 2013 8:06 PM

Mar 2012
bippo said:
^ Gj-b 2nd season might air next winter as well. I hope so.

It'll be good if Dog Day's air in winter too.
Aug 15, 2013 8:06 PM
Sep 2012
Weren't the five bunko LNs scheduled for winter also?
Aug 15, 2013 8:08 PM

Mar 2012
bippo said:
Haven't set date yet. But I'm looking forward to Blade Dance getting animated.
Aug 15, 2013 8:12 PM
Sep 2012
NeoAnkara said:
bippo said:
Haven't set date yet. But I'm looking forward to Blade Dance getting animated.

Golden Time for me. Since I have no idea what the other four are.

Looking forward for all five of them however.
Aug 15, 2013 8:17 PM

Sep 2012
Being an explicit yuri, I think Sakura Trick will be a success if it even reaches KinMosa's line. As much as a firm yuri fan, I do not think it will ever reach top tier of sales, much less top of the season lol.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 15, 2013 8:18 PM
Sep 2012
Golden Time isn't included...

Vanadis
Seirei Tsukai
Mahou Sensou
No Game No Life
Dragonar
Aug 15, 2013 8:21 PM
Sep 2012
^ Thanks. I feel like an idiot now XD. I haven't read those five so I guess I'll try to find some raws.

symbv said:
Being an explicit yuri, I think Sakura Trick will be a success if it even reaches KinMosa's line. As much as a firm yuri fan, I do not think it will ever reach top tier of sales, much less top of the season lol.

The light in the tunnel is still far from reach orz. I hope it will though. But Yamakan....oh god its so hard to choose XD
Aug 15, 2013 8:21 PM

Jul 2010
bippo said:
_liliput said:
bippo said:

I'll take that anyday.

You chitoge anti are atrocious. Chitoge will win anyways.

I don't have any idea how is this related to the topic, but hell yeah.Chitoge forevar.
Aug 15, 2013 8:46 PM

Sep 2012
bippo said:
But Yamakan....oh god its so hard to choose XD
Even before Wake Up Girls is aired, Yamakan already starts to get bashed by anime fans for trolling that if Sendai city became an anime "pilgrimage destination" because of WUG (the anime is supposed to take place there), the city should build a bronze statute of him in the city. LOL
symbvAug 15, 2013 8:54 PM

Aug 15, 2013 8:51 PM

Nov 2008
symbv said:
bippo said:
But Yamakan....oh god its so hard to choose XD
Even before Wake Up Girls is aired, Yamakan already start to get bashed by anime fans for trolling that if Sendai became an anime "pilgrimage destination" because of WUG, the city should build a bronze statute of him in the city. LOL

You know who Yamakan reminds me of, Kenichirou Takaki, creator of Senran Kagura. Only exception is his trolls ended up also being quite serious at the end.

Aug 17, 2013 3:38 AM
Jan 2013
So, Kabukimonogatari topping the pre-order ranking list. Their marketing is really interesting with all those recap episode plans, since they are treating as if every single volume of second season to be sort of 'separated'.

Maybe, there is possibility that Kabukimonogatari (which is godly) selling more than Nekomonogatari (which is boring). It's all guess work though, lol.
Aug 17, 2013 6:17 AM

Sep 2012
Kitchiri said:
So, Kabukimonogatari topping the pre-order ranking list. Their marketing is really interesting with all those recap episode plans, since they are treating as if every single volume of second season to be sort of 'separated'.

Maybe, there is possibility that Kabukimonogatari (which is godly) selling more than Nekomonogatari (which is boring). It's all guess work though, lol.
You're right, while everyone is calling it a Second Season series, including them in some sense, the episodes of each arc are separately numbered and the discs this time are also separately numbered 1 and 2 so in some sense it is more like Neko Kuro and Neko Shiro are separate series from Kabuki. Nisemonogatari had 5 discs but will Kabuki disc 1 be called Second Season disc 3 or not? I don't think we have any confirmation of this one way or another yet. In Nisemonogatari the arc discs are still called first, middle and last part but the discs are still numbered sequentially. But nothing so far seems to indicate that it will be called disc 3, so far it just says:
傾物語 第一巻 / まよいキョンシー (上)

Kabukimonogatari volume 1 / Mayoi Kyonshi (first volume)

Guess we'll find out when we get a real side angle packaging shot of the clear case...
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Musicians Sayuri, Amaarashi Announce Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Mar 18

6 by kizumi91 »»
24 minutes ago

» Manga 'Gorilla no Kami kara Kago sareta Reijou wa Ouritsu Kishidan de Kawaigarareru' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - Sep 24

5 by malvarez1 »»
30 minutes ago

» 'Akuyaku Reijou Tensei Ojisan' Reveals Supporting Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

2 by malvarez1 »»
31 minutes ago

» Video Game 'Decapolice' Gets TV Anime in 2026

DatRandomDude - Sep 24

6 by malvarez1 »»
31 minutes ago

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Season 2 Announced for Winter 2025

Vindstot - Sep 22

7 by malvarez1 »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.