Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Shiina vs Aoyama
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
Mar 20, 2013 8:58 AM
Jan 2013
But doesn't the first girls who partner with MC always have a high chance of breaking up actually right? I think it's weird when original author of this series pair Sorata and Mashiro so early this time because if their a true couple for this story doesn't their supposed to be pair up when story near the end.Even to make Aoyama not confessed to Sorata that time seems like the writer have a plan for Aoyama in the future.Maybe Sorata will be paired with Aoyama? If this happen i bet this series will get more interesting...hehehe
Mar 20, 2013 9:03 AM
Apr 2009
seveneir said:
But doesn't the first girls who partner with MC always have a high chance of breaking up actually right? I think it's weird when original author of this series pair Sorata and Mashiro so early this time because if their a true couple for this story doesn't their supposed to be pair up when story near the end.Even to make Aoyama not confessed to Sorata that time seems like the writer have a plan for Aoyama in the future.Maybe Sorata will be paired with Aoyama? If this happen i bet this series will get more interesting...hehehe

second to last volume came out recently and no hints of them breaking up and I don't see author suddenly changing his mind in last. It has a lot of Rita and Ryunoske though
Mar 20, 2013 10:44 PM

Jun 2009
Aoyama.

Kansai dialect is delicious.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2013 9:48 AM

May 2010
Wow aoyama gave a good competition but lost:P
Mar 27, 2013 9:55 AM

Sep 2012
I voted Shiina.

Aoyama grew on me a lot. But I'd be happy with either one of them. To be honest, I feel that Aoyama and Sorata have better chemistry together. But Sorata likes Shiina.. so ultimately it's his choice.

Mar 27, 2013 10:02 AM

Dec 2012
ahmed_great2005 said:
Wow aoyama gave a good competition but lost:P

Friendzoning yourself is not giving good competition well i liked her the most out of the other characters excluding dragon but as a love rival she was weak.
The author was probably dumped by a girl with a Kansai dialect it that's why he hate her D;
Mar 27, 2013 7:26 PM
Feb 2011
One word..... CHIIIIII

Lelouch22 said:
Shiina, and it's not even close. I usually love tsunderes, but Aoyama is a thoroughly irritating, pointless character who will likely become even worse as the story progresses, since she'll inevitably try her hardest to interfere with the main relationship. All of which is the reason she's the worst of the introduced characters by far.

Lol That is funny. I normally really dislike tsunderes but I actually like Aoyama.

I would be fine with either or but I sort of like Shiina more.
Mar 27, 2013 10:59 PM
Feb 2013
While I do like Shiinas archtype, she is just way too aloof. And what comes with the aloof package is a certain degree of cuteness but I didn't find her design cute enough to win me over. Also, she can't really do anything herself so no idea how Sorata can put up with it for long.

Aoyama, while not really a fan of tsunderes/kuuderes, was not too extreme. She also understood Sorata and had similar hardships and would fit the girlfriend slot much better than Shiina.
Mar 28, 2013 8:17 AM

Mar 2013
I pick Shiina~
I like both of them of course but the way Aoyama keeps dodging her own confession is making her being paired with Sorata seem all the more "not happening" -.-'

Mar 29, 2013 7:15 PM
Mar 2013
I like Shiina more although I admit Sorata is probably more compatible with Aoyama.
Mar 29, 2013 8:41 PM

May 2009
guntrix said:
I like Shiina more although I admit Sorata is probably more compatible with Aoyama.

What does it even mean? Anime clearly showed that he and Mashiro are main pair.
Mar 29, 2013 9:50 PM
Dec 2012
I want nanami to win damn it! She deserves it more than shiina. She put her all into it. Her feelings are shown so much better. Shiina would be a doll that cant even pull a proper smile. Shes a beauty but shes too much work. Its not fair!
I dont think this battle is over yet. Even jin said it.
THE OPPAI DRAGON SHALL SOON ARISE!
~Zoom Zoom Iyaan!
---------------------
Mar 29, 2013 9:51 PM
Dec 2012
AiCon said:
This poll isn't fair to Aoyama since she hasn't had much development like Shiina and the others. Shiina and the others have had their characters developed since episode one while Aoyama has only really started to develop in episode 5. As we've seen from episodes 5 and 6, there's more to Aoyama than some tsudere bitch who yells at Sorata a lot.
Nanami had less time than shiina but she was the easiest character to understand. She would get my vote because she deserves a win.
THE OPPAI DRAGON SHALL SOON ARISE!
~Zoom Zoom Iyaan!
---------------------
Mar 29, 2013 11:29 PM
Mar 2013
bastek66 said:
guntrix said:

What does it even mean? Anime clearly showed that he and Mashiro are main pair.

That they just get along better I guess? Although I'd really want Sorata to go for Shiina, he seems to 'click' better with Aoyama.

I know the anime shows Shiina and Sorata as the main pair, but this question is asking us to consider both...
Mar 30, 2013 3:48 AM

May 2009
dipz158 said:
I want nanami to win damn it! She deserves it more than shiina. She put her all into it. Her feelings are shown so much better. Shiina would be a doll that cant even pull a proper smile. Shes a beauty but shes too much work. Its not fair!
I dont think this battle is over yet. Even jin said it.

Define deserving. She was coward who couldn't express her feeling, it's her fault that she lost. Sorata confessed to Mashiro in 8th book that was out before anime started.
dipz158 said:
Nanami had less time than shiina but she was the easiest character to understand. She would get my vote because she deserves a win.

You are fucking joking. Series went to shit as episodes after 18 had barely any Mashiro. Define deserving.
guntrix said:
That they just get along better I guess? Although I'd really want Sorata to go for Shiina, he seems to 'click' better with Aoyama.

I haven't seen any click from Sorata's side towards Aoyama.
Mar 30, 2013 3:59 AM

Dec 2012
bastek66 said:
guntrix said:

I haven't seen any click from Sorata's side towards Aoyama.

Aoyoama fits in the girlfriend role more than shiina she share commont things with sorata.
Sorata was blushing like a girl in the bike scene. Meh what does it matter Nanami didn't put any effort to get with him and simply gave up anyway .
Mar 30, 2013 4:21 AM

May 2009
tsudecimo said:
Aoyoama fits in the girlfriend role more than shiina she share commont things with sorata.
Sorata was blushing like a girl in the bike scene. Meh what does it matter Nanami didn't put any effort to get with him and simply gave up anyway .

Even densest metal known to humanity Natsuru would blush in scene like this.
They are so beta together that if they were pair ground would collapsed in that place.
BTW bike scene was anime original stupid shit to stir inexistant love triangle. In LN she rode by taxi.
bastek66Mar 30, 2013 4:40 AM
Mar 30, 2013 9:05 AM

May 2012
Shiina ! :]
Mar 30, 2013 9:33 AM
Mar 2012
Nanamin. <3
Mar 31, 2013 2:07 PM

Jun 2009
I liked em both but i Liked Aoyoama better
Mar 31, 2013 5:27 PM

Jan 2010
Shiina, no contest.
Apr 2, 2013 8:43 AM

Jun 2010
Hardest decision in my life so far~~
I won't vote
Apr 2, 2013 8:56 AM

Apr 2013
Harem option where?
I voted for Aoyama, but the plot is doesn't allow her to win.
Apr 2, 2013 8:58 AM
Nov 2012
Aoyama lost for me when she decided not to confess.
Apr 6, 2013 10:34 PM

Aug 2012
Mashiron~~ for me =)
Apr 8, 2013 10:17 PM

Nov 2011
Shiina all day, aoyama is too whiney.
Apr 9, 2013 5:18 AM

Nov 2009
Nanami is for me... Sorata can just have Mashiron... Btw, I like Jin x Misaki's pair most!
If you just did nothing because you thought it wouldn't help, then you'd end up doing less than nothing; for nothing would change and nothing would end. (Kira Yamato - Gundam Seed Phase 34: Seen & Unseen)
Apr 9, 2013 5:35 AM

Apr 2011
Mashiron~
Apr 17, 2013 10:38 PM
Nov 2012
Lelouch22 said:
Shiina, and it's not even close. I usually love tsunderes, but Aoyama is a thoroughly irritating, pointless character who will likely become even worse as the story progresses, since she'll inevitably try her hardest to interfere with the main relationship. All of which is the reason she's the worst of the introduced characters by far.

I actually like the fact that this anime didn't make the other girl some bitch who does anything to get the guy she liked. She got huge respect points from me when she just let things go when she realized Sorata liked Shinna.
Apr 18, 2013 7:40 AM

Aug 2008
Mumble200 said:
Aoyama lost for me when she decided not to confess.

Exactly what i though myself. She didn't have many point to begin with and do nothing to increase them.

Jonahtang said:
I actually like the fact that this anime didn't make the other girl some bitch who does anything to get the guy she liked. She got huge respect points from me when she just let things go when she realized Sorata liked Shinna.

You're wrong. At least for me it's totally otherwise. Because if she did confess and got rejected it would be game over. But exactly because she didn't do it, she can still go at her love, and act like she is not hurt by rejection. Like all here actions it appear good and altruistic at first glance, but in reality is quite cowardly.
Apr 18, 2013 6:37 PM

Aug 2011
I will always support Aoyama x Sorata till the very end. -w-
Apr 19, 2013 1:04 AM

May 2009
Kaisukex said:

Give up http://pastebin.com/HbNKtEPT
Apr 19, 2013 6:53 PM

Oct 2012
bastek66 said:
Kaisukex said:

Wow... that was awesome... I really want to see that animated... I just pray for a season 2
Apr 19, 2013 9:23 PM

Apr 2013
AnimeHAwk616 said:
bastek66 said:
Kaisukex said:

Wow... that was awesome... I really want to see that animated... I just pray for a season 2

Don't worry the chances for a season 2 are pretty high :)
Apr 20, 2013 4:52 PM

Apr 2013
Well, I like typing up pointless things to support the character I like, so, well, here goes!

I don't mind either of them. They're both okay characters, with interesting development and interesting relations with the main character.

If I had to decide who I liked more, if either was a real person, I would have probably preferred Shiina, since she's learning how to live in society, she's kind, she cares for her friends, she's 'beautiful and cute', she's talented, but still modest, and basically all around 'perfect'.

Which is why I don't prefer her as a character.

Does she have a single flaw?

Everything she says 'touches' one of the characters. They realize their way of thinking was wrong... and Shiina's was right. Shiina is never wrong, because she's pure, innocent and hardworking. Every trait that's negative, such as her dependency, tendency to have no common sense, and... what, exactly? I can't think of any. Anyway, these negative traits are all played up for laughs, cuteness, moeness, and to make her more attractive. There isn't a single trait about her that isn't made to make her more perfect. In her character development, every problem was a problem with a) her lack of common sense, or b) problems caused by people around her, or because of the people around her. When Sakurasou was announced to be demolished, you could say 'it's because of her', but it's not because of the choices she makes; it's the school's fault. She wants to leave because she's being a problem to others. She's worried and sad because she wants to make up with Sorata, but he's jealous of her.

She's so selfless and forgiving that it made me sick, how much of an idealized girl she was. (Also seen in how she can memorize tests ridiculously quickly, how she's good at gaming, and her ability to draw decent manga without a proper foundation in manga art.)

She's not retarded, stupid, or autistic. There's no problem with her at all, which is her problem, really.

(There's also the problem of 'a guy taking care of a dependent pretty girl' which irks me, since it comes off as pretty sexist, but that's another can of worms that I'm not touching.)

As for Aoyama, she's riddled with so many problems that I love her.

She's slightly self-absorbed. Her thoughts center on herself, on what she does, and on her successes, her wants, her dreams. That's who she is - a girl with a drive to improve herself, to further her ability and place in life. She believes that she needs to take responsibility, to be independent, to be strong to carry on - and she tries to do that, except she's just a high school girl; she cries and hates on the world when it's unfair to her, because she isn't actually that strong.

As for the 'taking over Mashiro Duty', are you seriously suggesting that a guy picking out a girl's panties is appropriate? It's not. No matter how cute it is, it is not appropriate. What Aoyama was doing wasn't 'taking care of Shiina' like a pet; she was trying to teach Shiina to be self sufficient. She wanted Shiina to be more independent, and I'm pretty sure that Aoyama was trying to help. Taking on too much responsibility on herself was her feeling that 'she can do more, why can't she do more?' and another mixture of 'why won't anyone trust me to do these things?' I admit, it wasn't a pretty scene for Aoyama, but it was so human - I've seen my friend do the same thing, actually.

I have mixed feelings on her crush on Sorata, I'll admit. It wasn't natural, and it was there for the rule of love triangles. It would've been much better if they were actually just friends, for once, and her feelings developed over the hardships and struggles she went through - and how Sorata tried to save her every time. Speaking of relationships - Shiina isn't very romantically compatible with Sorata. She's too dependent, and Sorata's too jealous of her. (Don't say he's over it; he isn't, not really.) It wouldn't be a healthy relationship, no matter how I see it. If Shiina learns to be self-sufficient, and Sorata more comfortable with his abilities, they could start dating, but until then...

As for Aoyama's redeeming traits, she's actually pretty lacking in those aspects, unfortunately, but, well, one: she's dedicated to her dream. Even though she's afraid, she's willing to try; and she tries to help people. She's independent to a certain extent, and she has a sense of responsibility (unlike a certain dandere who left a party in the middle of winter and worried everyone), and she lets people have their happiness. As long as it follows a certain extent of logic. Her character development comes in the form of letting go, of her to stop being so strict with herself; to let herself have fun,because she hasn't really had friend because of the rules she set herself.

Her kansai-ben is an additional plus since I love dialects. (...I can't get over Arata's dialect from Chihayafuru.) Her tsun-ness had nothing to do with why I liked her. (...her apologizing after she hit Sorata was brilliant, though!)

*Random note: I don't have anything against danderes! I loved Yuki from Haruhi Suzumiya (because of the film, I admit) but there's depth to her character. Her emotionless demeanor is portrayed as more 'creepy' than anything, at the start. Mashiro was just set up to be cute from the very beginning.

**Another random note: Ryuunosuke's romance with Rita was so forced and shallow that it was horrific to watch.

***Another... random note: I did have a good few paragraphs to write about how problems shouldn't be made for the relationship only; and how they should focus on the character as well... but that's off topic.

So. That ends my rambling. I'm not going to bother proofreading this, so I apologize in advance for any mistakes. (...and yes, I joined to post this. I didn't accept the arguments in this thread for who was the better girl - from both sides. In the end, it was the character that was more interesting, rather than the one more attractive for me.)

TL;DR: Shiina is so perfect that I disliked her; Aoyama was a high school girl with problems, because that's how people are, and that's why I preferred her as a character.

(Answers to a certain post in this thread - yes, Aoyama is a coward. Isn't that more interesting than the flawless girl who's only flaw is that she needs someone to be a 'master' as she's a pet?)

EDIT: ...that is one long post. I'm so sorry.
laniessaApr 20, 2013 5:52 PM
Apr 21, 2013 2:49 PM

May 2009
So
laniessa said:
TL;DR: Shiina is so perfect that I disliked her; Aoyama was a high school girl with problems, because that's how people are, and that's why I preferred her as a character

Totally socially retarded person, who could take care of herself at the beginning. How is she perfect, you tell me.
Apr 21, 2013 4:13 PM

Apr 2013
bastek66 said:
So
laniessa said:
TL;DR: Shiina is so perfect that I disliked her; Aoyama was a high school girl with problems, because that's how people are, and that's why I preferred her as a character

Totally socially retarded person, who could take care of herself at the beginning. How is she perfect, you tell me.

laniessa said:
Every trait that's negative, such as her dependency, tendency to have no common sense, and... what, exactly? I can't think of any. Anyway, these negative traits are all played up for laughs, cuteness, moeness, and to make her more attractive. There isn't a single trait about her that isn't made to make her more perfect.

Admittedly, I should have worded that better. "There isn't a single trait about her that isn't made to make her more attractive."

I meant 'perfect' in the sense of personality flaws, rather than just skills or knowledge. Shiina is a perfect little angel, and if she only learns common sense and how to take care of herself, she's pretty perfect.

EDIT: Although, thinking about it again, she does have one more flaw I can think of - she wants her daily needs to be spoon-fed to her, rather than trying to learn. Once again, this makes her dependent, which is to make her 'moe'. (I guess it has a hint of stubbornness and laziness, but since she works so hard on her manga, I can't really call her lazy.)
laniessaApr 21, 2013 5:08 PM
Apr 21, 2013 5:48 PM

Oct 2012
Arararraragi-kun said:
AnimeHAwk616 said:
bastek66 said:
Kaisukex said:

Don't worry the chances for a season 2 are pretty high :)
That was amazingly beautiful. Those big, bold letters... Just a work of art
Apr 21, 2013 7:01 PM

Jan 2011
Aoyama without a doubt. Shiina is not even a complete person, she's just a moe blob. One step above an inflatable balloon with a face drawn on it, that's it.
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
Apr 22, 2013 5:19 AM
Nov 2012
Aoyama for me. Disappointed that she never truly confessed; every time she tries, she changes at the last second which irritated me. Really excited for a season 2 since there's still more chapters that can be used as story material!
Apr 22, 2013 9:43 AM

May 2012
I can't bring myself to like Shiina much. Too much perfection. Like "Jin" said, these kind of people attract people and tear them apart without they realized.

Aoyama have my my support.
Apr 22, 2013 8:38 PM

May 2010
Aoyama (your vote)
đź’•
Apr 28, 2013 11:04 AM

Jan 2013
DeviantMugen said:
I think Aoyama's annoying and I hope she moves out of Sakurasou soon.

Mashiro all the way... <3
May 3, 2013 8:45 AM

Aug 2012
DeviantMugen said:
I think Aoyama's annoying and I hope she moves out of Sakurasou soon.

Mashiro all the way... <3

Damn right :D
May 3, 2013 3:59 PM

May 2009
She did, in latest light novel.
May 4, 2013 10:25 PM

May 2012
I like Aoyama way more.
May 5, 2013 7:31 AM
Feb 2013
Definitely Mashiro :) I rlly hate Aoyama ...
May 12, 2013 12:16 PM

Aug 2012
TheGreat1s said:
I like Aoyama way more.

Damn tsundere lovers -.-
May 12, 2013 12:46 PM

Jan 2011
gino1221 said:
TheGreat1s said:
I like Aoyama way more.

Damn tsundere lovers -.-

Shiina has the personality of a 3 year old child. "I like draw..." "Me use panties? Why?" "Baumkuchen... Good..."
How can anyone short of a pedofile find that type of behaviour attractive?
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
May 13, 2013 9:03 AM

May 2009
Vinter said:
Shiina has the personality of a 3 year old child. "I like draw..." "Me use panties? Why?" "Baumkuchen... Good..."
How can anyone short of a pedofile find that type of behaviour attractive?

Welcome to the anime.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do You Remember This Anime?

Fantom_Slayer - Sep 5

39 by Kagayaku3_0 »»
Sep 23, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

642 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Sep 4, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2013

403 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Sep 4, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2012

245 by Megumin_SatouS2 »»
Aug 18, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2012

266 by Jeelan_oh_man »»
Jul 28, 10:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.