Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2013 4:32 AM
Jun 2013
I cant wait for the next ep
Jul 1, 2013 4:34 AM
Dec 2010
did anyone noticed this ?

oh..i see this photo been posted before

and some part of the episode seems rushed, and also there is slow frame rate issue
aos10Jul 1, 2013 4:37 AM
Jul 1, 2013 4:40 AM

Jan 2012
aos10 said:

and some part of the episode seems rushed, and also there is slow frame rate issue

It has been linked already, awesome CG work guys, they really fit right in LoL
Jul 1, 2013 5:34 AM

Feb 2009
ReasonDesu said:
aos10 said:

It has been linked already, awesome CG work guys, they really fit right in LoL

lol, I also love how they panned out to the sky and some buildings when Annie came to save Jean.
[/url]
Jul 1, 2013 5:47 AM

Nov 2012
it's my first anime I decided to keep up with after 2 months of not watching anime...and I am not disappointed at all. loved it
Jul 1, 2013 6:30 AM

Oct 2012
Levi's save the day xD

and i still confused on how Annie help Jean and particular fact why Marco's dead?? and yeah i agree the fact about low frame rate..

should wait 2 weeks until next episode...'cause of hiks..recap..:'(

Oh well..R.I.P Marco Bott.
Jul 1, 2013 6:36 AM

Dec 2009
I really, really don't understand why there needs to be a recap episode considering there has continuously been a thorough recap at the beginning of each and every episode.

The colossal titan and armored titan appeared out of nowhere, etcetcetc.
Jul 1, 2013 7:09 AM
May 2012
Marco Bodt is dead?! How did exactly he died?! Did those titans ate him alive?
Jul 1, 2013 7:21 AM

Jun 2012
The music could be much better, it was the only thing that kinda threw me off
Jul 1, 2013 7:58 AM

Jan 2013
JeffreyZin said:
Marco Bodt is dead?! How did exactly he died?! Did those titans ate him alive?
Maybe. >.>
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jul 1, 2013 7:59 AM

Jun 2013
GUYS! Guys, guys...while re-watching the episode I noticed that in Jean's scene(when he found out Marco died) theres a shot thats not in the manga

There is no panel like this one. And once you realize what perspective its from...
Jul 1, 2013 8:09 AM
May 2013
Cabron said:
Really great episode.
But imo, I think the manga did it a little bit better.

Anyway, Dem feels man, dem feels.
They've moved/modified the scene of Marco praising Jean for being good leader material.
Jul 1, 2013 8:32 AM

Jun 2009
Is it next week yet? This time it really felt like watching a 5 min show.

Levi's entrance was smooth as hell, he didn't even give a fuck lol.
Need more SnK!!

Jul 1, 2013 9:14 AM

May 2011
Well that was some intense ass shit throughout the whole episode. Eren looked like a beasttt carrying that boulder.

And oh damn Marco =/.
Jul 1, 2013 9:45 AM

Oct 2009
getting draggy...
Jul 1, 2013 9:45 AM

Apr 2008
hzrinv said:
getting draggy...

Seriously?
Jul 1, 2013 9:48 AM

Dec 2008
EREEEEEEN!!!! That roar! That OST!! That EVERYTHING!!!

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 1, 2013 10:02 AM

Jan 2013
hzrinv said:
getting draggy...
Care to enlighten us?
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jul 1, 2013 10:19 AM

Feb 2013
Possibly the best episode yet.
Jul 1, 2013 10:20 AM

Jun 2013
fucking long recap i hate it when they do that shit anway good episode
Jul 1, 2013 10:28 AM

Jun 2013
jnw93 said:
Possibly the best episode yet.

Agreed.

hzrinv said:
getting draggy...

What do you mean??
Jul 1, 2013 11:38 AM
May 2013
OMG!! this episode was freaking EPIC!! Eren had to carry that mahusive rock a long-ass way though!!! And its a pity that sooo many men had to fall in the end :-(
Jul 1, 2013 11:40 AM

Jul 2012
ThangLong said:
Eren is DAH BOSS!!

I really like this scene because it symbolized ancient Greek's ideal of Titans as heroes who carry the Earth on their shoulders. Nowadays, Titans just let loose and eat human left and right :)

The Atlas carry was quite awesome with walk to the hole in the wall.
Jul 1, 2013 11:58 AM

Dec 2012
buttercups7273 said:
GUYS! Guys, guys...while re-watching the episode I noticed that in Jean's scene(when he found out Marco died) theres a shot thats not in the manga

There is no panel like this one. And once you realize what perspective its from...

Aren't you cuuute :)

There's a shot before this one from the POV of Marco's eaten body (you can see Jean in the crescent shaped space).
Jul 1, 2013 12:17 PM
Jul 2013
i loved Levis enterence, so damn cool!
Jul 1, 2013 12:32 PM

May 2013
If Armin is so smart, why did he not tell Eren to roll the giant boulder (aka stone ball) instead of literally crushing his face and arms carrying it lol. It did look alot more badass but always funny when things like this happen in anime.
Jul 1, 2013 12:33 PM
Jan 2011
Humm, I'm guess that them Survey Corps would be the antagonist of this anime.
Jul 1, 2013 12:50 PM
Dec 2010
Am I the only one who didn't like all the changes made in this compared to the manga? They totally ruined Annies character.

Also am I the only one who thinks 207 casualties is very little for an operation like this?

Lastly why is it that nobody would celebrate given the casualties. For the first time in 107 years mankind has scored a victory against titans, who cares about the casualties. we won for the first time ever.

I really didn't like this episode. Great OST, thats the only think going for it right now.

Anime is, downgraded to 8/10. Probably will go back up to 9/10 for the FT arc.
Fasces349Jul 1, 2013 12:57 PM
Jul 1, 2013 1:04 PM

Apr 2010
Fasces349 said:
Am I the only one who didn't like all the changes made in this compared to the manga? They totally ruined Annies character.

wat?
Jul 1, 2013 1:17 PM
Dec 2010
antonn said:
Fasces349 said:

wat?

Spoilers up to chapter 42 of the manga:
Jul 1, 2013 1:18 PM
Sep 2012
Fasces349 said:
antonn said:
Fasces349 said:

wat?

The apology is there in the manga, the corpse is even seen to be Mina's(at least seems most likely to be Mina looking at it). The only thing different from the manga is the filler with Connie, Marco and Annie helping Jean. That and some of the Jean stuff was skipped, but that's probably placed somewhere else, like the scene with Marco that was originally in the flashback.
PipokoJul 1, 2013 1:27 PM
Jul 1, 2013 1:27 PM

Dec 2012
Arete7 said:
If Armin is so smart, why did he not tell Eren to roll the giant boulder (aka stone ball) instead of literally crushing his face and arms carrying it lol. It did look alot more badass but always funny when things like this happen in anime.

The original plan was to divert the attention of the giants as long as possible (meaning to be less noticeable as possible). They desperately bet on Eren's strength in carrying it and even jerking it as far as he can, while the Elite Squad is to protect him from the other titans. Anyway, carrying it seems faster.
Jul 1, 2013 1:28 PM

Apr 2008
Pipoko said:
Fasces349 said:
antonn said:
Fasces349 said:

wat?

The apology is there in the manga, the corpse is even seen to be Mina's(at least seems most likely to be Mina looking at it). The only thing different from the manga is the filler with Connie, Marco and Annie helping Jean. That and some of the Jean stuff was skipped, but that's probably placed somewhere else, like the scene with Marco that was originally in the flashback.

She apologized in the manga too though >_>
Jul 1, 2013 1:31 PM

Nov 2011
zellami said:
Arete7 said:

The original plan was to divert the attention of the giants as long as possible (meaning to be less noticeable as possible). They desperately bet on Eren's strength in carrying it and even jerking it as far as he can, while the Elite Squad is to protect him from the other titans. Anyway, carrying it seems faster.

Carrying it is not only faster, but dude it's a fucking boulder, not a rubber ball. It wouldn't be so simple to just roll a giant boulder around, especially traversing it through the town with so much crap in the way.
RagixJul 1, 2013 1:40 PM
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jul 1, 2013 1:32 PM

Apr 2010
Darklight0303 said:
Pipoko said:
Fasces349 said:
antonn said:
Fasces349 said:

wat?

This.^
Take off the rose tinted manga glasses.
Jul 1, 2013 1:34 PM

Dec 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Pipoko said:
Fasces349 said:
antonn said:
Fasces349 said:

wat?

Jul 1, 2013 1:36 PM

Dec 2012
Ragix said:
zellami said:
Arete7 said:

Carrying it is not only faster, but dude it's as fucking boulder, not a rubber ball. It wouldn't be so simple to just roll a giant boulder around, especially traversing it through the town with so much crap in the way.

Well, at least his starting point was in a narrower space, so it figures.
Jul 1, 2013 1:38 PM

Mar 2010
pretty stupid episode
but atleast they finally used the rock
Jul 1, 2013 2:04 PM
May 2012
Scryper said:
This episode is so awesome and I didn't expect that the ost will be this amazing, i can't get over with it

yeah expect the unexpected this anime is AWESOME
Jul 1, 2013 2:11 PM

Sep 2012
Tengai said:
Scryper said:
This episode is so awesome and I didn't expect that the ost will be this amazing, i can't get over with it

Yeah right.
Jul 1, 2013 2:18 PM

Apr 2008
Scryper said:
Tengai said:
Scryper said:

Yeah right.

I can't wait to watch you eat those words
Jul 1, 2013 2:22 PM
Jun 2013
I'm a little confused about something.
Someone posted a link to a video with a comparison of a shitty episode 5 full of errors and the awesome ep 5 I watched. What happened exactly? Did they air the crappy one and then aired the good one the day after or something? Is the same thing going to happen to this episode?

Lol at purple debris, I wonder how that was even possible. The annie close-up thing was also really distracting. At least the important parts were great, I'd be pissed if it panned to the sky when Eren was plugging the hole. That "old episode 5" was WAAAY worse. 4/5 for me
RazgrizXJul 1, 2013 2:31 PM
Jul 1, 2013 3:02 PM

Sep 2011
RazgrizX said:
I'm a little confused about something.
Someone posted a link to a video with a comparison of a shitty episode 5 full of errors and the awesome ep 5 I watched. What happened exactly? Did they air the crappy one and then aired the good one the day after or something? Is the same thing going to happen to this episode?

Lol at purple debris, I wonder how that was even possible. The annie close-up thing was also really distracting. At least the important parts were great, I'd be pissed if it panned to the sky when Eren was plugging the hole. That "old episode 5" was WAAAY worse. 4/5 for me
Maybe that was the background base color?

Yrah, Annie's close up lasted for like, 3 seconds? And the the 2 Titans collapsed in distant, lame
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jul 1, 2013 3:05 PM
Oct 2012
GodlyKyon said:
Yrah, Annie's close up lasted for like, 3 seconds? And the the 2 Titans collapsed in distant, lame
Jul 1, 2013 4:48 PM

Jun 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Pipoko said:
Fasces349 said:
antonn said:
Fasces349 said:

wat?

Her whole apology was a huge foreshadow to what's going to happen in the future

Jul 1, 2013 4:57 PM

Jan 2012
I am surprised that not a lot of manga readers are mentioning the short appearance of Sonny and Bean.

Nasty001 said:
Humm, I'm guess that them Survey Corps would be the antagonist of this anime.

Why would you think that?
Jul 1, 2013 5:07 PM

Feb 2012
I found it strange that Jean's gear broke and then when he goes to replace it, the latches are extremely hard to undo as well as him making a comment on the firing mechanism being unusually hard to operate.

Anyone else?

Awesome episode
Jul 1, 2013 5:36 PM
Jan 2008
Darklight0303 said:
Pipoko said:
Fasces349 said:
antonn said:
Fasces349 said:

wat?

Dude, why are you quoting him? He says that in the very first line of what you quoted. What he said is pretty much correct, Annie is likely apologizing to Mina as she wasn't there to help her.

People assume she's apologizing to Marco, however there is no foreshadowed bond between her and Marco and why would she apologize to Marco from a completely different area?
Jul 1, 2013 6:22 PM

Feb 2010
Darklight0303 said:
Zeally said:
i'm sensing some homolust between eren and levi i'm just sayin
Take the fujoshi glasses off =_=

Nope, it's definitely there. Take off your own glasses (I'm assuming you wear them because you don't seem to see it),
switch them for a second, and take a good long look. It's a whole new world.
Jul 1, 2013 7:13 PM
May 2013
jon214thab said:
I found it strange that Jean's gear broke and then when he goes to replace it, the latches are extremely hard to undo as well as him making a comment on the firing mechanism being unusually hard to operate.

Anyone else?

Awesome episode
Strange as in what?
My guesses, but maybe:

1. the military has QC issue with the equipments (3DMG ; also refer to Eren during training)
2. the reason why each soldier has their own set of gear (is that the case? )
3. they want to show Jean's 3DMG handling skill by giving only one wire for him to use as anchor? seeing that normally people use two wires for anchoring.
Pages (16) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1668 by daninoxxi »»
Sep 15, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1040 by deionking03 »»
Sep 12, 10:07 PM

» Attack on Titan Manga 15th Anniversary Project

Hickykissy - Sep 8

19 by Azoromesus »»
Sep 11, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MermaidGalaxies - Aug 10, 2013

573 by chris1763 »»
Sep 7, 2:33 PM

» Actors who you think is perfect for the cast of AOT live action

Hickykissy - Sep 3

38 by rocketeu »»
Sep 7, 7:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.