Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Jun 30, 2013 7:40 AM
Aug 2008
Raigrex said:
orangpelupa said:

btw why anime production studio so happy making boring recap episode?
With so much useless and boring scene that can be CUT, why they does not make interresting recap episode? O_o
Recap = Cut and Paste . Not that hard to understand I think... It's just a way to increase views and buy some time.

but why they did not cut so many things?

thats my point.

just CUT lots of things. and fix the pacing by PASTE-ing the relevant thing.
Jun 30, 2013 7:57 AM

Oct 2012
Finally he put that stupid rock into place! And story is moving forward again, yet very slow (I hate this ever-slow pacing).

Climax of this episode came at its half, the rest was battle aftermath. But at least we got no cliffhanger this time.

Next time, Shingeki no Recap. This show should rename itself for sure. Let's hope story after that moves a lot faster.
Mich666Jun 30, 2013 8:00 AM
Jun 30, 2013 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
Jyupita said:
Vokoca said:
is this for real?

Fuck if I know what this is. Maybe magic or something.

There is a rich deposit of crystals right under the town and they didnt know it. Silly people.
The Art of Eight
Jun 30, 2013 8:01 AM

Sep 2011
The vomit of humans shows a character of titans that I disn't know... Apparently the people turn into crystal, not just a blob like in the manga
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 30, 2013 8:20 AM
Dec 2012
orangpelupa said:
Raigrex said:
orangpelupa said:

btw why anime production studio so happy making boring recap episode?
With so much useless and boring scene that can be CUT, why they does not make interresting recap episode? O_o
Recap = Cut and Paste . Not that hard to understand I think... It's just a way to increase views and buy some time.

but why they did not cut so many things?

thats my point.

just CUT lots of things. and fix the pacing by PASTE-ing the relevant thing.
by any chance, are you talking about the constant recap on the start of each ep, or the upcoming recap ep 13.5? (which is what I'm talking about)

Based on your name, I guess you're a Malaysian? I'm having a hard time understanding what you're getting at here, or maybe that's just me :/
Jun 30, 2013 8:20 AM

Nov 2007
Jyupita said:
Vokoca said:
is this for real?

Every anime fan should watch Gintama at least once in their lifetime to absorb the meaning of those purple bits!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 30, 2013 8:25 AM

May 2011
shanimebib said:
Jyupita said:
Vokoca said:
is this for real?

Every anime fan should watch Gintama at least once in their lifetime to absorb the meaning of those purple bits!

Yeah, someone just told me th same thing. Is it true that there was a whole episode completely devoid of characters because the character animators were on vacation, or something? I’ll have to watch it, if just for that. :D
Jun 30, 2013 8:26 AM

Jan 2013
The 3mins of recap at the beginning of this episode feels too much, also a little too much zooming in on Eren's Titan face during his walk.

Otherwise, the episode is pretty good, and I wonder if they will really travel dozens of kilometers to Eren's house, in Titan infested land?
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Jun 30, 2013 8:28 AM

Aug 2012
Three minutes and eight seconds to tell you what happened in the last two episodes. Then next week we'll have a recap episode.

I've done a little bit of math, if they continue to give us about one and a half minute recaps at the beginning of each episode plus this roughly twenty minute long recap, we'll end up with nearly one whole hour of footage we get to see at least twice if not three times during these 25 episodes...

What the hell.
.................................................................................
Jun 30, 2013 8:30 AM

Jan 2013
First half was incredibly intense! The OST alongside it was just perfect.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jun 30, 2013 8:35 AM

Dec 2011
Ooh, they made this episode so epic! Especially Levi's appearance. And we get a recap episode next week. (>.<)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2013 8:39 AM

Aug 2012
A really good episode, I screamed when Levi appeared. Loved the end when Erens voice was a bit different cause of the Titan in him.
I just love this anime.

5/5
Jun 30, 2013 9:10 AM

May 2012
Super nice OST esp the one where they were protecting Eren at all cost while he is bringing the boulder.. Epic episode. Having goosebumps all the time while watching this!
Jun 30, 2013 9:10 AM

Oct 2012
chaanxxxx said:
A really good episode, I screamed when Levi appeared. Loved the end when Erens voice was a bit different cause of the Titan in him.
I just love this anime.
5/5

So far Levi is nothing special in anime. He did nothing worth of remembering and he simply acts like cool badass stereotype. I know his praise is coming from manga but if he is this villainous and snooty on purpose he won't get any of my likes at all.
Jun 30, 2013 9:13 AM
Jun 2013
symbv said:
Budget constraint? Schedule constraint? Staff resource constraint? But the recap is getting worse and worse. Last week the recap lasted 2 minutes; this week it is more than THREE MINUTES!! I never see such long recap episode after episode in an anime series...

lol clearly you don't watch one piece.
Jun 30, 2013 9:16 AM

Aug 2011
Mich666 said:
chaanxxxx said:
I just love this anime.
5/5

So far Levi is nothing special in anime. He did nothing worth of remembering and he simply acts like cool badass stereotype. I know his praise is coming from manga but if he is this villainous and snooty on purpose he won't get any of my likes at all.

Villainous? What? He's not even an enemy. If anything, Levi is cocky but that's about it. Villainous? I don't think so.
Jun 30, 2013 9:17 AM

May 2012
Kronstadt said:
That insert song....holy crap
So much yes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNXtI5p6u9s

Thanks! Been looking for this. Fit the episode perfectly.
Jun 30, 2013 9:22 AM

May 2013
Mich666 said:
chaanxxxx said:
I just love this anime.
5/5

Villainous PFT.
Jun 30, 2013 9:24 AM

Aug 2009
Shingeki no Budget
And this is only beginning.
2/5 for this particular episode
Jun 30, 2013 9:25 AM
Jun 2013
Sukaru said:
Cederz said:
They probably planned to make this show seem like it's low budget while it's airing.
While they fix it alter on and make the BD version look Godly so people feel like they have to buy the BD version because the quality is different in an enormous amount comparing to the aired version.

This is just a theory though

I've heard they just don't have enough animators, even though they pay more than average. That's why they can't finish the episode in time.

I agree that it's a lack of animator issue rather than budget. If it's budget, then the quality of animation would be dropping over all, not great 90% of the time. Ep 13 just felt like someone slept through their part of the job and another animator had to pick it up 3 hours before the deadline with whatever crap he can find to fill.
Jun 30, 2013 9:36 AM

Apr 2013
MinorDespera said:
Shingeki no Budget
And this is only beginning.
2/5 for this particular episode
hopefully there's a difference in bd/dvd.
Jun 30, 2013 9:45 AM
Dec 2012
sogooooooooooooooi................... the best ep yet <3
Jun 30, 2013 9:48 AM

Oct 2012
UtsukushiiYume said:
Mich666 said:

Villainous? What? He's not even an enemy. If anything, Levi is cocky but that's about it. Villainous? I don't think so.

He has this aura like he is going to betray them in some grave situation in future. At least for me. Or run away from situation where he is needed. For reasons of his own. And I haven't read manga so take this just as my guess. But cocky, yes, that's more like it.
Jun 30, 2013 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
Mich666 said:
UtsukushiiYume said:
Mich666 said:

He has this aura like he is going to betray them in some grave situation in future. At least for me. Or run away from situation where he is needed. For reasons of his own. And I haven't read manga so take this just as my guess. But cocky, yes, that's more like it.

You need to read characters better.
The Art of Eight
Jun 30, 2013 9:54 AM

Apr 2008
Mich666 said:
UtsukushiiYume said:
Mich666 said:

You say that after what he did to the dying soldier a couple eps back? Seriously ?
Jun 30, 2013 9:58 AM

Sep 2012
arimpact said:
symbv said:
Budget constraint? Schedule constraint? Staff resource constraint? But the recap is getting worse and worse. Last week the recap lasted 2 minutes; this week it is more than THREE MINUTES!! I never see such long recap episode after episode in an anime series...
LOL you clearly didn't read my reply.

Let me quote it here:

Raito said:
symbv said:
I never see such long recap episode after episode in an anime series...

You should really see the recaps of some episodes of Naruto and Bleach.
One reason why I no longer watch Naruto and Bleach LOL But seriously such long recap is a lot more understandable for long-running anime that lasts 4 cours or more, like Naruto and Bleach....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 30, 2013 9:59 AM

Jan 2013
omg awesome OST!
Jun 30, 2013 10:18 AM

Oct 2012
Darklight0303 said:
You say that after what he did to the dying soldier a couple eps back? Seriously ?

I don't know, I think this is simply the mask he is showing to outside world. Down the inside, he is following his own goals. Remember, he was criminal mastermind before, right? I think he is playing his own game in the background. And for me, his introduction in first part of that episode was done pretty badly. As it stands now, he is just minor character, forgettable - at least in anime (I am not saying that this can't change in future eps). Blame creators for not giving him enough screentime. Right now, there are other characters that are more fleshed out - like Jean, Reiner, Annie or Pixis for example.

Sorry, but I simply don't see where all his praise is coming from.
Jun 30, 2013 10:20 AM

May 2013
Good episode. But there's still some problem with the animation and,above all,with the censorship. Do you think that with the release of the BD the censor will be removed and some scenes reanimated?
Jun 30, 2013 10:22 AM

Apr 2010
nanny96 said:
Good episode. But there's still some problem with the animation and,above all,with the censorship. Do you think that with the release of the BD the censor will be removed and some scenes reanimated?

No. They never do that for BD releases.
Jun 30, 2013 10:27 AM

Jun 2012
ALL I KNOWWW IS MY LIFE IS GOOOOOOOOOONE!!!

I think the impact of people dying is less severe than it was at the start of the anime because now we can tell who the "nameless" characters are...

I knew for example that Jean or that guy with the bald head wouldn't die.

But that part where a "nameless" sacrifices himself to save another person from literally the jaws of death was touching; too bad that guy wasn't a main character, otherwise we'd have another Titan transformation. :(
Haunt-botJun 30, 2013 10:32 AM
Shoot first, think never.
Jun 30, 2013 10:42 AM

Apr 2008
Mich666 said:
Darklight0303 said:

I don't know, I think this is simply the mask he is showing to outside world. Down the inside, he is following his own goals. Remember, he was criminal mastermind before, right? I think he is playing his own game in the background. And for me, his introduction in first part of that episode was done pretty badly. As it stands now, he is just minor character, forgettable - at least in anime (I am not saying that this can't change in future eps). Blame creators for not giving him enough screentime. Right now, there are other characters that are more fleshed out - like Jean, Reiner, Annie or Pixis for example.

Criminal mastermind? What? Who told you that? He was a thug.
Jun 30, 2013 10:55 AM

May 2012
So the main plot point in this episode is that Eren FINALLY moves that fucking boulder. Oh and Eren joins a special military squad so he can KILL ALL TITANS - Again.

Not the most thrilling of episodes but alright. 4/5

Next week is a... Recap episode... Ahh shit -_-
Jun 30, 2013 10:58 AM

May 2009
antonn said:
nanny96 said:

They actually do lol, and judging by the situation of episode 4 and 5, they will probably fix this episode :)
Jun 30, 2013 11:04 AM

May 2009
SteampunkDalek said:
So the main plot point in this episode is that Eren FINALLY moves that fucking boulder.
Why do people say this as if it's been months since they came up with the plan to move the boulder?
Jun 30, 2013 11:18 AM

May 2013
antonn said:

Well,I've seen the BD version of Mirai Nikki and they have removed all the pixel censorship and redrawned a lot of scenes. So I think that is not impossible to see an uncensored version of Shingeki no Kyojin,especially considering that currently it's one of the most famous anime.
Jun 30, 2013 11:39 AM

Mar 2013
Finally some action! This was the best episode yet! Loved it :D
Jun 30, 2013 11:50 AM
Dec 2012
I really will own that OST I just have to heh ^^. Good episode! I might have to wait 2 weeks to see a certain scene though ><
Jun 30, 2013 11:55 AM
Jun 2013
symbv said:
arimpact said:
symbv said:
LOL you clearly didn't read my reply.

Let me quote it here:

Raito said:
symbv said:
I never see such long recap episode after episode in an anime series...

You should really see the recaps of some episodes of Naruto and Bleach.
One reason why I no longer watch Naruto and Bleach LOL But seriously such long recap is a lot more understandable for long-running anime that lasts 4 cours or more, like Naruto and Bleach....

Ya I didn't read your reply message, it wasn't important enough for me to care but since you brought it up.

Why is it more understandable for a long running series? because there's more things to recap? You really don't understand how business work do you? they don't do weekly recap in SnK because they think kids have short term memory. They do it because they have constraints such as manga material, budget or manpower. Your original message makes no sense. It's because they have these constraint that they have to make the recap longer. If you don't understand that or can't stand it you can always drop the show just like you did with Naruto and Bleach. You wouldn't be missed.
arimpactJun 30, 2013 11:59 AM
Jun 30, 2013 11:58 AM

Oct 2011
Rivaille XD

OMG they won but at a cost

Poor Jean, Sasha, and Annie

Eren joins the Survey Corp : 0
Jun 30, 2013 12:08 PM

Jun 2013
Not sure if all the people who like Levi have read the manga or are just following the crowd around. Or both, perhaps.
Jun 30, 2013 12:09 PM

Aug 2008
At first I thought it's a recap episode. Previous episode summary lasted 5 minutes... 5 minutes of nothing. But hey, at least something happened for the first time since first episode. I hope they will manage to do something again before last episode...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 30, 2013 12:19 PM
Oct 2012
This episode was fucking insane.
Jun 30, 2013 12:22 PM

Apr 2009
Jyupita said:
Not sure if all the people who like Levi have read the manga or are just following the crowd around. Or both, perhaps.

I don't like him very much and I have read the manga. He's a polarizing character.

By the end of this next arc you'll at least understand his huge following.
Jun 30, 2013 12:26 PM

Apr 2011
Mich666 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Rivaille...Criminal mastermind?Playing his own game in the backround?Wears a mask and he is following his goals? For what? World domination?

I can understand that you don't even know the character since he only appeared in 2 episodes, but saying all those stuff about him it's kinda ridiculous. I am not saying you should like him or anything but imo it's better to see a character develop through the anime/manga than judge him/her only because you have some thoughts of his ''true'' nature.

And he will get all the screentime from episode 14 and onwards. I don't know if you will start to like him but there are various reasons why fans like him as a character and in the new arc, we see why.
Jun 30, 2013 12:36 PM

May 2013
Mich666 said:
Darklight0303 said:

You deserve to be eaten alive by titans.(FOR HAVING A DIFFERENT OPINION).
AnguishedJun 30, 2013 12:39 PM
Jun 30, 2013 12:41 PM
Jan 2010
There was a LOT of weird animation this week, like that weird close-up on annie and the rooftops. I hope they'll get the budget under control.
Jun 30, 2013 12:44 PM

Dec 2012
Awesome episode. Not sure why it started off with a huge recap though, if next week's episode is an entire recap episode, why not save that stuff for next week? :/

Looks like we'll be seeing more of Levi from now on, sweet.
Jun 30, 2013 12:45 PM

Jun 2013
Mich666 said:

I can't believe I just read this...

It's ok that you don't like the character. Not everyone is going to like the same thing. Whats not ok is how your making things up.
Rivaille wasn't a criminal mastermind, he was a thug (but thats debatable seeing as how we still haven't gotten a proper backstory about him) . Also saying that he's plotting and has his own goals is not accurate seeing as how from the first time we see him we learn that he is extremely devoted to mankind and to "him men".
While it's true that characters like Jean and Reiner have gotten more development that doesn't mean that Rivaille hasn't been developed either. He has gotten more development from the 8 minutes of screen time he has than from the 20 minutes of screen time the silver haired lady has. Screen time does not equal the amount of development a character has. In fact the very simple action of him grabbing his dying comrades hand even though he is a clean freak leaves more of an impact than a five minute speech on how humanity must unite.
buttercups7273Jun 30, 2013 12:51 PM
Jun 30, 2013 1:12 PM

Sep 2011
It would be funny if it turned out that the one who wanted Mikasa's kidnapping was Levi, lol
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Pages (16) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1668 by daninoxxi »»
Sep 15, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1040 by deionking03 »»
Sep 12, 10:07 PM

» Attack on Titan Manga 15th Anniversary Project

Hickykissy - Sep 8

19 by Azoromesus »»
Sep 11, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MermaidGalaxies - Aug 10, 2013

573 by chris1763 »»
Sep 7, 2:33 PM

» Actors who you think is perfect for the cast of AOT live action

Hickykissy - Sep 3

38 by rocketeu »»
Sep 7, 7:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.