Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jun 30, 2013 3:47 AM

Aug 2012
eldest said:
CEMPUNK said:
so next week is ep 13.5...RECAP zzzzzzz

it will also start with a recap of last weeks episode before the actual recap starts.

recapception, and episode 14 will feature a recap of the recap episode that featured a recap.

Shingeki no recap lol
Jun 30, 2013 3:50 AM

Sep 2012
sim0n2170 said:
eldest said:
CEMPUNK said:

it will also start with a recap of last weeks episode before the actual recap starts.

recapception, and episode 14 will feature a recap of the recap episode that featured a recap.

Shingeki no recap lol

shingeki no budget.
Jun 30, 2013 3:51 AM

Nov 2011
Shingeki no sell better than your favorite anime x 10 LMAO
The Art of Eight
Jun 30, 2013 4:03 AM

Apr 2013
Finally the Trost arch ended. Eren was extremely bad ass in this episode :P

And it looks like the next episode is a recap. But i don't mind since this episode made the day for me xD

LMAO Levi and his attitude >.<
Jun 30, 2013 4:06 AM

Jun 2010
*during first 14 mins*
Yeah, Eren, show them who's da BOSSU. =3=/
*after 14 till end*
Kyaaa. Rivaille-heichou!!!!~ *Q*
/fangirl mode on
Jun 30, 2013 4:08 AM

Mar 2012
More of Levi to come in the following episodes but first comes the recap episode >,>
Jun 30, 2013 4:08 AM

Jan 2009
the ep was amazing! but alot of censorship, it was annoying! other than that great ep especially with Levi appearance :D
Jun 30, 2013 4:29 AM

Jan 2012
dankickyou said:

So does Justin Beiber but that doesn't make it good.
Jun 30, 2013 4:48 AM
Dec 2012
ReasonDesu said:
dankickyou said:

So does Justin Beiber but that doesn't make it good.
Justin Bieber sells that much? :O
Jun 30, 2013 4:54 AM

Aug 2011
What I find funny is that during the like 5 minute recap at the start of this episode, they reanimated some of the scenes reasonably well.

And then during all the important action and shit, they went beyond cutting corners to save time. Things coloured wrong, scenes not matching the audio and skipping parts (how Jean got back to the wall). I can't remember the last time I saw a still of nothing but fire.
Jun 30, 2013 4:55 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Not exciting at 100%, you could also avoid the summary first period because the next one is a recap. BGM of a good standard. Finally comes the famous Levi, shame they do not abound animation this episode, the ending seems to presage great things in the future, I hope so! * _ *
Jun 30, 2013 5:06 AM

Jan 2012
At last, it got a little bit better. They are still strying to milk money, that's for sure. Nowhere near good or great, but it's not that bad.
Jun 30, 2013 5:19 AM

Jun 2010
HOLY SHIT. THE SCORE IS NEARING 9. 8.98?! DAMN! This series will probably reach the 5th spot after the show ends.

I was speechless at the first half. OST is godlike as always.

Kyaa* RivailleLevi @@

Badass Levi finally shows up! Best character in the series.

Love how Marco's dead body is creepier than he is in the Manga.

Questions for fellow Manga readers:

Who is Annie apologizing to? And why?
Why did Erwin say that the Armored titan and the Collosal titan is probably like Eren? Does he know something?

Anyways, epic episode 5/5

P.S
Please stop with the fucking 3 minutes recap Production I.G.

sim0n2170 said:
eldest said:
CEMPUNK said:

Shingeki no recap lol

LOOOOL.
Jun 30, 2013 5:27 AM
Dec 2012
-MgZ_ said:

Why did Erwin say that the Armored titan and the Collosal titan is probably like Eren? Does he know something?
Annie is apologizing to Mina (the girl in ep 5), seems like they didn't show it that well cause her heads are chopped off. As for the reasons, I'll leave it to you.

Mostly because of their behaviour I think, aside from Eren, the Colossal Titan and Armored Titan are the abnormals of the abnormals.
RaigrexJun 30, 2013 5:38 AM
Jun 30, 2013 5:29 AM
Dec 2012
SupaNiper said:
Raphow said:
SilkThread said:
Nark0Punk said:
So many casualties, but I dont get why Annie was apologizing for? Did she do something bad i dont know, overall its was a great episode. 5/5

maybe she accidentally did something that caused Marco's death?

well, manga readers will know ^.^

I have read the manga.. and i don't know what you're talking about??!?! She didn't say sorry to anybody in the manga?
Read my post above^ And maybe in the skipping part from Jean escape, they will show some more hint to her character in BD version.

Maybe not many notice this because it was overshadowed by Eren Titan, but while Eren was heading towards the gate, Marco was shown for a bit, he seems shocked while seeing something *blink blink* ;)
RaigrexJun 30, 2013 5:36 AM
Jun 30, 2013 5:41 AM

Feb 2013
Great episode, well animated and included everything.

The 3 minute recaps at the start are pretty bad; it's a shame that the need to cut into each episode like that.
Jun 30, 2013 5:45 AM

Jun 2009
It's over. IG finally blew their budget.

They should really have split this like F/Z if this is whats gonna happen.
Jun 30, 2013 5:52 AM

Jan 2013
-Quasar said:

*Fans* are still happy with those stills, slideshows, unfinished animation and framedrop(I never thought I could use this term in anime). And it's gonna sell godly just like F/Z. Haha.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 30, 2013 5:53 AM

Jan 2013
JaegerTheMan said:
Anyone knows the name of the OST playing when they are cleaning up the bodies? It was also played at the beginning of episode 2.

I would like to know too.What is the name of that ost? It's so sad.
Jun 30, 2013 5:53 AM
Feb 2013
The pace is turtle but god dammit the OST is way too awesome.

Rivaille, you so badass.
Jun 30, 2013 5:55 AM
Sep 2012
DawnJ said:
-Quasar said:

*Fans* are still happy with those stills, slideshows, unfinished animation and framedrop(I never thought I could use this term in anime). And it's gonna sell godly just like F/Z. Haha.

This episode had some off-looking stuff, like the purple animation error and the moment with Annie, but it also had some really awesome-looking stuff. Rico's attack, Mikasa taking out that Titan, Jean's 3D gear scene, Levi's entrence, placing the rock. All looked really nice. I can see why most fans would be happy instead of getting stuck on filler scenes and scenes that ultimately aren't as important.
Jun 30, 2013 5:57 AM

Dec 2012
Wow. Great episode. More action scenes and emotional ones as well.
Love the scene where Levi comes in, it really emphasizes the power of the Recon Corps.

Despite Levi's eyes gleaming (?)... it was very well adapted from the manga:
「この世に偶然なんてない、あるのは必然だけ」
Jun 30, 2013 6:02 AM

Jan 2013
Pipoko said:
DawnJ said:
-Quasar said:

This episode had some off-looking stuff, like the purple animation error and the moment with Annie, but it also had some really awesome-looking stuff. Rico's attack, Mikasa taking out that Titan, Jean's 3D gear scene, Levi's entrence, placing the rock. All looked really nice. I can see why most fans would be happy instead of getting stuck on filler scenes and scenes that ultimately aren't as important.

For those *action* scenes, you get 10-15% less playtime, ventriloquism, dragged-ass-out episodes and every other bullcrap that would not be tolerated in other animes. Why are fans okay? Because of episode 1 and good action scenes they crave.

Oh yeah, This IS action shounen anime, APPARENTLY. We can overlook everything other than action.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 30, 2013 6:04 AM

Dec 2009
The best episode of the second half (of cour 1). But dang, was it just me or was the first scene unfinished? It jumped from place to place and was very fragmented.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jun 30, 2013 6:06 AM
Sep 2012
DawnJ said:
Pipoko said:
DawnJ said:
-Quasar said:

For those *action* scenes, you get 10-15% less playtime, ventriloquism, dragged-ass-out episodes and every other bullcrap that would not be tolerated in other animes. Why are fans okay? Because of episode1 and good action scenes they want.

Oh yeah, This IS action shounen anime, APPARENTLY. Look at what you wrote.

I've seen a lot worse than anything in this series in terms of animation, and again, the company announced that they were having problems with animation since very early on. That's why I don't really care. They animated what matters very well, so I just don't give a crap about the more minor stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FaQT259yyU

Look at this. They were clearly having problems as far back as episode 5. What do you think would happen?
Jun 30, 2013 6:10 AM

Dec 2012
That Levi. Looking forward to seeing him in the next episodes.
Too bad next episode will just be a recap.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jun 30, 2013 6:16 AM

Jan 2013
Pipoko said:

Less playtime and dragged-out plots are minor, that's LOL. And you know, I'm not just ranting about this very episode, but overall series.

I don't really care they gave us excuse or not. And I know BD will fix many issues, I know that. But what kind of mindset is that? Nope. That's capitalism-gone-too-far mindset.

Action in action anime is important, yes. But SnK is sacrificing too much for the sake of good action scenes. And pretty sure it will be getting worse. One week pause is not gonna help shit.
TachiiJun 30, 2013 6:15 PM
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな

Jan 2013
Dat teamwork guys, dat teamwork.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

May 2013
zellami said:
dankickyou said:
mixordia said:
THIS

His face is like "Do you even 3DMG?"

Or "Clean up your own mess, little pricks!" :D
Well, that is one mean look.

^This. Levi is freakin' back and his entrance was freakin' awesome.

Dat OST. I like it.

So, a member of the top ten of the 104th Training Corps finally died. (Not including Eren)
R.I.P. Marco Bott. Without you, Jean would probably be dead too.

We end this episode with Eren finally joining the Recon Corps. Yay!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 30, 2013 6:23 AM

Sep 2011
Gargantia's beautiful budget should have went here, cause that show was amazingly animated

But hey, nothing BD can't fix here
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 30, 2013 6:29 AM

Jun 2013
After a couple of lackluster eps I found myself glued to the screen watching this one. Levi's appearance was pretty awesome, and Mikasa was a winner as always.
Jun 30, 2013 6:30 AM

Sep 2010
Great Episode

Levi is awesome as always, recon corps got a titan as a member now haha
Jun 30, 2013 6:33 AM

Jun 2010
Raigrex said:
-MgZ_ said:

Annie is apologizing to Mina (the girl in ep 5), seems like they didn't show it that well cause her heads are chopped off. As for the reasons, I'll leave it to you.

Mostly because of their behaviour I think, aside from Eren, the Colossal Titan and Armored Titan are the abnormals of the abnormals.

I see. Thanks!
Jun 30, 2013 6:41 AM

Aug 2010
Finally, this episode was much more interesting than the previous 3. Too bad it had no animation in some scenes, animators can't keep up anymore. I hope recap episode will help them to get the quality of animation back.
Jun 30, 2013 6:43 AM

Mar 2013
They probably planned to make this show seem like it's low budget while it's airing.
While they fix it alter on and make the BD version look Godly so people feel like they have to buy the BD version because the quality is different in an enormous amount comparing to the aired version.

This is just a theory though
Izayoi’s personal philosophy is “To suppress and control both the strong and weak.”
Jun 30, 2013 6:45 AM

Aug 2010
Cederz said:
They probably planned to make this show seem like it's low budget while it's airing.
While they fix it alter on and make the BD version look Godly so people feel like they have to buy the BD version because the quality is different in an enormous amount comparing to the aired version.

I've heard they just don't have enough animators, even though they pay more than average. That's why they can't finish the episode in time.
Jun 30, 2013 6:52 AM
Apr 2013
This episode felt like SnK again, I'm happy!

Levi (Or Rivaille, I honestly don't know which one is it) might be boss, but he seems kinda cocky to me. Justified or not, I guess he's just not my type of character.
Jun 30, 2013 6:54 AM

Jun 2013
Levi said he will kill eren when he loses control and he looked like he was serious about it but that must be dangerous for eren as he already did it, will Levi fight an uncontrollable eren? What are your thoughts?
Jun 30, 2013 6:58 AM
Dec 2012
Sukaru said:
Cederz said:

I've heard they just don't have enough animators, even though they pay more than average. That's why they can't finish the episode in time.
I would say badly-planned schedule. If I'm not wrong, SnK was announced in Dec last year? They could've finish animating all the eps first (I heard Gargantia was animated a year prior to the airing?) before airing them. It seems like a rush case here and with all I.G Port series this year (GiTS Arise, Gargantia etc) which consumes lots of budget and animators.

This is just a guess, but I think all eps were already half done before the airing, and unless I see the 2nd arc, I would say that they focus more on finishing 2nd arc since that arc has a lot more action than the first arc.
RaigrexJun 30, 2013 7:03 AM
Jun 30, 2013 7:02 AM

Jul 2012
guyuz said:

Levi (Or Rivaille, I honestly don't know which one is it) might be boss, but he seems kinda cocky to me. Justified or not, I guess he's just not my type of character.

Yeah i feel you, he kinda annoyed me in this episode. Everything would have been for nothing hadn't Eren close the hole. But he still holds himself higher? He can suck it
Jun 30, 2013 7:04 AM
Aug 2008
an awesome episode but destroyed by lobbyist trick

SnK production commitee deliberately destroys this episode with freeze frame, repeat scene, lower frame rate, etc to make a scene last longer and add 3 minutes of recap in the beginning of episode.

with next episode a recap, the comitee can make their move to push the investor to give more money.

"hey, we have not enough budget, see epi 13. We dissapointed our fans!!"
"fans praised our episode but keep complaining about the freeze frame".

if no money poured to us, we will make the next-next episode also a recap!
and the next-next-next episode filled with slideshow of someone talking!

EDIT:
btw why anime production studio so happy making boring recap episode?
With so much useless and boring scene that can be CUT, why they does not make interresting recap episode? O_o
orangpelupaJun 30, 2013 7:08 AM
Jun 30, 2013 7:11 AM

Mar 2013
Nah, Levi is awesome !!
God damn it, this is brilliant, Eren finally took the freaking rock, and it's a bit of hope for humanity, I want to see where it'll turn up.

Dat OST by the way <3
Jun 30, 2013 7:13 AM

Nov 2011
Corona01 said:
guyuz said:

Yeah i feel you, he kinda annoyed me in this episode. Everything would have been for nothing hadn't Eren close the hole. But he still holds himself higher? He can suck it

All the betas are jelly of Levi. Boo hoo he didnt talk nicely. T_T
The Art of Eight
Jun 30, 2013 7:16 AM
Dec 2012
orangpelupa said:

btw why anime production studio so happy making boring recap episode?
With so much useless and boring scene that can be CUT, why they does not make interresting recap episode? O_o
Recap = Cut and Paste . Not that hard to understand I think... It's just a way to increase views and buy some time.
Jun 30, 2013 7:16 AM

Jul 2010
The episode is by far my favorite ep. I love the insert songs used especially the song with english lyrics. Does anyone know what song that was?
Senjougahara: Don't call me "this chick"
Araragi: Then what should I call you?
Senjougahara: Senjougahara-sama.
Araragi: SEN - JOU - GA - HAA - RAA - SAA - MAA
Senjougahara: I don't like the way you say it. Say it properly.
Araragi: Senjougahara-chan~
Jun 30, 2013 7:18 AM
Sep 2012
DawnJ said:
huge quote

Well, I personally don't really need pretty animation for talking scenes. The only big problem I have with the adaption so far has been the pacing in episodes 10-12 (and lets be honest, most people are complaining about these episodes in particular). Other than that I'm fine with it. I can skip the recaps and judge the episode on it's own. I understand that they have issues with animation and while I don't particularly like it either, I can tolerate it more because the stuff that matters has been done well in my eyes and that they are under time pressure/lack animators. I've read the manga, so I know what to expect and that helps, too. I knew these chapters were slow and so I knew the pace of the anime was going to slow down. They clearly have planned to cover a certain amount of material and to add to that if they'd make this faster, they couldn't end it properly because the manga is straight up in the middle of a arc. I like this series, so I go into it to like it, not to complain about it or pick it apart. You clearly don't seem to like the series as much so you are more negative about it, so difference in opinion, I suppose.
PipokoJun 30, 2013 7:24 AM
Jun 30, 2013 7:23 AM

May 2011
Well, this was a quite good ep, for a change! If we don’t count that horrendous recap at the beginning, AGAIN.

And also... is this for real? I can’t stop laughing at how much fail this is:
Jun 30, 2013 7:27 AM

Jun 2013
My love for AoT has been renewed. Feels like they stalled just for this massive epicness to happen. A pity that the next eps will be a recap, but at least they concluded the Trost arc with a bang.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Jun 30, 2013 7:37 AM

Aug 2011
LEEEEEEEVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII AHAHAHasDKLFASDF THE EPISODE FINALLY CAME I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS.

Well that was a great episode, lots of action but still slow paced. I like how Produciton I.G./WiT Studio sticks exactly to the manga. Levi action near the end :DD Now for Petra and the rest (technically we already saw them but their official debut is later on so).

5/5 as usual.
Jun 30, 2013 7:38 AM

Jun 2013
Vokoca said:
is this for real?

Fuck if I know what this is. Maybe magic or something.
Pages (16) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1668 by daninoxxi »»
Sep 15, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1040 by deionking03 »»
Sep 12, 10:07 PM

» Attack on Titan Manga 15th Anniversary Project

Hickykissy - Sep 8

19 by Azoromesus »»
Sep 11, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MermaidGalaxies - Aug 10, 2013

573 by chris1763 »»
Sep 7, 2:33 PM

» Actors who you think is perfect for the cast of AOT live action

Hickykissy - Sep 3

38 by rocketeu »»
Sep 7, 7:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.