May 11, 2013 4:28 AM

Apr 2012
God damn pagination MAL.

I <3 you Niya. That is awesome.
ExinqtMay 11, 2013 5:09 AM
May 11, 2013 5:14 AM

Jan 2011
Yaaaa~

Btw did you use Niyama just to tease me?
May 11, 2013 5:18 AM

Apr 2012
I haven't seen you in a while so I thought, might try something different.

Since you don't talk to me anymore ;_;.
May 11, 2013 5:31 AM

Jan 2011
I'm sorry. ;_;

As you can see, I've been a little busier these weeks (there's like 10 comments in my profile that I didn't reply yet). I'll promise I'll talk with you more when I get ahead of my schedule.

Hurm. hurm. Enough bromance, this is not the thread for that.
May 11, 2013 6:20 AM

Aug 2009
@Tavor

Here's the 1.1 version :) I hope it's OK now.

Changelog: added the banners (except those made per individual users' request) to the first post so they can be found easier and used by anyone who want.

Btw, very nice work, Niyawa.
If you want any of your banners added to the first post list, you are ofc free to edit it.
metamorphiusMay 11, 2013 6:48 AM
May 11, 2013 6:54 AM

Jan 2011
Thanks, and funny because I was about to add all those banners. Man, for a second I could have started a work that was already done. I'd rage.

I'll put my sigs there once I adapt them to 600x112. It's going to be hard with DTB one because the original one isn't that big. I need Photoshop.
May 11, 2013 11:12 AM

Nov 2011
I REALLY like the banner Niyawa, I do, but for future reference- Can we please NOT use Japanese words and suffixes and whatnot on our banners? I feel it gives off the wrong impression of us and makes us sound like what we are supposed to be making fun of, you know?

I may be alone on this though.
May 11, 2013 11:59 AM

Aug 2009
Nah I think that makes sense. Jinrui seems like the only exception, because it's just referencing something from the show. But yeah, I don't think it's a good idea to throw out 'N***A THAT'S KAWAIIs' or 'ONII-CHANs' left and right. Awesome sig, Niyawa, btw.

Also, would it be too much to ask for a Space Brothers sig? That'd be great. :)
May 11, 2013 11:59 AM

Jan 2011
Amberleh said:
I may be alone on this though.

Nah, that sort of reference I made is something that usually only someone who actually watched Jinrui would get (ningen-san everywhere). After I saw the banner of Evangelion I had this idea to implement that wordplay. But in the Eva banner we have a english one so it's different. I'll post a new version later.

dietmango said:
Also, would it be too much to ask for a Space Brothers sig? That'd be great. :)

I'll see what I can do, if you have any picture in mind that would help a lot.
May 11, 2013 12:04 PM

Aug 2009
You know, I've tried finding one but haven't found one in mind, sorry. You can just pick whatever would fit, 'cause I don't think I can.
May 11, 2013 2:01 PM

Oct 2012
metamorphius said:
@Tavor

Here's the 1.1 version :) I hope it's OK now.

YESSSSSSSS!
This is perfect now! As always, thanks!

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
May 12, 2013 9:40 AM

Aug 2012
I just joined the club, having been drawn in by the incredibly awesome club banners..
I don't know if you guys take requests, but it would be amazing if a Texhnolyze banner was made!
May 12, 2013 9:54 AM

Jan 2011
TerminallyChill said:
I don't know if you guys take requests, but it would be amazing if a Texhnolyze banner was made!

I'll see what I can do. But I've never watched that so if you have any picture in mind it would help a lot.

dietmango said:
You know, I've tried finding one but haven't found one in mind, sorry. You can just pick whatever would fit, 'cause I don't think I can.

Same bro. There's just way not too many original works that I can try with. I've found 2 pictures, where in one of them both brothers are looking at the moon but not sure how I'm supposed to crop or resynthesize it. The other I'm just looking for a way to redraw it.
May 12, 2013 10:03 AM

Aug 2012
Niyawa said:
TerminallyChill said:

I'll see what I can do. But I've never watched that so if you have any picture in mind it would help a lot.

Thanks so much! You're really missing out on a fantastic series, you should definitely look into it.. Anyways, I found one possible image - I know nothing about cropping and resizing, but I guess as long as his face is in it the banner will be god-tier.

May 12, 2013 10:59 AM

Aug 2009
Niyawa said:

dietmango said:

Same bro. There's just way not too many original works that I can try with. I've found 2 pictures, where in one of them both brothers are looking at the moon but not sure how I'm supposed to crop or resynthesize it. The other I'm just looking for a way to redraw it.

Whatever works is fine with me. I was going to suggest a screenshot, but even there are some deformations in the art in quite a lot of episodes.
May 12, 2013 11:06 AM

Aug 2009
dietmango said:
Niyawa said:

dietmango said:

Whatever works is fine with me. I was going to suggest a screenshot, but even there are some deformations in the art in quite a lot of episodes.

I suggest this

Seriously though, that screenshot you've got as your profile picture could work as a banner material.
metamorphiusMay 12, 2013 11:13 AM
May 12, 2013 3:12 PM

Jan 2011
metamorphius said:
Seriously though, that screenshot you've got as your profile picture could work as a banner material.

I tried, I couldn't get to a good close up though. You can try later. I seriously searched everywhere.

My own updated:

Enlightenment list:

I wanted to put one of Aria here too, but I didn't find anything that touched my artistic senses.

Request:

TC, if you want I can extend the field of vision, it's just that I used a higher resolution, but unfortunately it was limited by a bunch of kanji (I guess) on the side.

I didn't put any smart text because I'm lazy to do so and I'm also out of ideas.
May 12, 2013 3:18 PM

Oct 2012
I must say, that Texhnolyze banner is quite sexy.

Hm, "Scratch the surface, and see the light" may be quite fitting for it? :>

May 12, 2013 3:35 PM

Jan 2011
Dunno. I haven't watched it so I'm not sure what type of feeling I should put in the image. I'll just trust you with that one.
May 12, 2013 3:45 PM

Apr 2013
metamorphius said:
@Noriko

I didn't have many choices for a Gunbuster banner, since the good pics for this anime are not exactly numerous. So, I had to work with what I could find. In any case, this is the end result.

With text

Without text

That's all, folks!

EDIT:
Btw, save and rehost your banners, just in case.
Love it, thanks!
May 12, 2013 4:02 PM

Dec 2011
Niyawa said:
metamorphius said:

I tried, I couldn't get to a good close up though. You can try later. I seriously searched everywhere.

You might've already seen these, but I found two pretty big pictures of that ss: [1] [2]

Really like your banners, too!
May 12, 2013 4:17 PM

Aug 2012
Niyawa said:

Request:

TC, if you want I can extend the field of vision, it's just that I used a higher resolution, but unfortunately it was limited by a bunch of kanji (I guess) on the side.

I didn't put any smart text because I'm lazy to do so and I'm also out of ideas.

Oh my God.. Yes, thank you so much.

Tavor said:
I must say, that Texhnolyze banner is quite sexy.

Hm, "Scratch the surface, and see the light" may be quite fitting for it? :>

Tavor, Texhnolyze is obviously minimalist.. therefore it should really say nothing and let the image speak for itself. :P
May 12, 2013 4:19 PM

Oct 2012
TerminallyChill said:

Tavor, Texhnolyze is obviously minimalist.. therefore it should really say nothing and let the image speak for itself. :P

I actually agree with you, disregard with what I said ^^

May 12, 2013 5:04 PM

Jan 2011
Emmrys said:
You might've already seen these, but I found two pretty big pictures of that ss: [1] [2]

Really like your banners, too!

Thanks! Actually, the problem is not the size of the picture, but the way it can be cropped. It doesn't matter how I position it, we have Hibito in the dark void and there's just no emotion to it without the moon so we can have the perspective.

I made this one instead:

I'm not sure if people will recognize it's Uchuu Kyoudai though, the original image makes it more clear.

Tavor said:
TerminallyChill said:

How beautiful. Hahaha. Oh yeah TC, don't forget to put our link in the signature so people won't have to wonder where it came from.
May 12, 2013 5:12 PM

Aug 2009
It would probably help if there was a text reference, something like oh I don't know, 'Feel So Moon?' Or something else, idk lol. I like it though, blue is my favorite color as well. :)
May 12, 2013 5:16 PM

Jan 2011
dietmango said:
It would probably help if there was a text reference, something like oh I don't know, 'Feel So Moon?' Or something else, idk lol. I like it though, blue is my favorite color as well. :)

>as well
How did you know blue was my favorite color?

Hm, that makes sense. I remember the Feel So Moon! Nostalgic feels now. Give me some minutes.
May 12, 2013 5:21 PM

Aug 2009
Niyawa said:
dietmango said:

>as well
How did you know blue was my favorite color?

Hm, that makes sense. I remember the Feel So Moon! Nostalgic feels now. Give me some minutes.

I have psychic powers. O_O

Either way, thanks for the sig! I like it :)
May 12, 2013 5:40 PM

Jan 2011
Done. I'll just sleep for today.

May 12, 2013 6:52 PM

Jun 2011
Oh wow, those Darker than Black and Texhnolyze banners are awesome...

If I used signatures, I'd be tempted to hijack one of them.
May 12, 2013 9:18 PM

Aug 2012
Niyawa said:

Tavor said:
TerminallyChill said:

How beautiful. Hahaha. Oh yeah TC, don't forget to put our link in the signature so people won't have to wonder where it came from.

Oops, sorry about that! Fixed now.
May 12, 2013 11:02 PM

Nov 2011
Wait hold on- There's a Darker than Black banner?

If there is I'm afraid you might have to change it out for another one. It's not on the list yet and is currently being polled and might not make it in. =/
May 12, 2013 11:08 PM

Oct 2012
"There's a Darker than Black banner?"

Incentive to get it in! Rally to the polls, Darker than Black supporters!
May 13, 2013 12:48 AM

Aug 2009
Noriko_ said:
Love it, thanks!

You're welcome :)

Ducat_Revel said:

As much as I like the banner, I doubt DTB has enough supporters to get on the list.

Btw, just a random nitpick about the banners, Niyawa. I may be alone on this, but I feel it'd look better if you put "The Anime Uber Elitist" text in a corner. It would fit its rectangular shape better. Just a suggestion, though.
metamorphiusMay 13, 2013 12:57 AM
May 13, 2013 12:57 AM

Oct 2012
metamorphius said:
Ducat_Revel said:

As much as I like the banner, I doubt DTB has enough supporters to get on the list.

I am a well of optimism.
May 13, 2013 1:05 AM

Aug 2009
Ducat_Revel said:
metamorphius said:
Ducat_Revel said:

I am a well of optimism.

But is that enough to overwhelm a horde of cranky uber-elitist critics?

Wait, sry, I easily go in the spam mode under right conditions, but I won't clutter this thread. I personally don't even care much about DTB. I quite like the banner though.
May 13, 2013 1:07 AM

Nov 2011
I have to agree with Meta on the placement of the text. Also PLEASE make sure that when you make/use a banner with our logo it's something already on the list. =)

@Ducat - I'll vote for getting it in, I really enjoyed it and it's a series that can be thoroughly enjoyed by non-anime fans as well (some friends of mine who dislike anime liked it).
May 13, 2013 3:58 AM

Jan 2011
Amberleh said:
If there is I'm afraid you might have to change it out for another one. It's not on the list yet and is currently being polled and might not make it in. =/

Hahaha! I made that banner for myself though. I'm also optimistic that I can get DTB in the enlightenment list, so why not? Even if it doesn't, it's not like it's going to the the club relations so either way nothing's wrong.

ForgoneReality said:
If I used signatures, I'd be tempted to hijack one of them.

Be free to do so! Those are open source.

metamorphius said:
Btw, just a random nitpick about the banners, Niyawa. I may be alone on this, but I feel it'd look better if you put "The Anime Uber Elitist" text in a corner. It would fit its rectangular shape better. Just a suggestion, though.

You are being nitpick indeed. I can easily edit and put it in any corners though, just wanted to make a experiment but meta-dono doesn't like so it's a no-go. I'll do something about it once I find what to put as a text in all of them.

Yes Amber, I've been doing the lists in that criteria. Can I leave the one with DTB while it's still ongoing process? If it doesn't enter then I'll remove it.
May 13, 2013 4:11 AM

Aug 2009
Niyawa said:

You are being nitpick indeed. I can easily edit and put it in any corners though, just wanted to make a experiment but meta-dono doesn't like so it's a no-go. I'll do something about it once I find what to put as a text in all of them.

'Twas but a suggestion. No need to change it because I said so.
May 13, 2013 4:15 AM

Jan 2011
Nah meta-dono, your orders are absolute!

Haha, Amber also said so and from what I've seen since the first post of this thread, it's not like the users of the banners really care that much where the sign is located at. So the most optimal choice would be relocating it to it's original post where everyone liked it the way it was, including you, Amber and anyone else.
May 13, 2013 4:19 AM
Jul 2018
Pardon me, may I ask if it is possible to request another alternative banner that is already made for a series?
May 13, 2013 4:20 AM

Aug 2009
Niyawa said:
Nah meta-dono, your orders are absolute!

Anyway, yes, I liked it best in your first post.

Burningblade04 said:
Pardon me, may I ask if it is possible to request another alternative banner that is already made for a series?

Yes. Go ahead.
metamorphiusMay 13, 2013 4:23 AM
May 13, 2013 4:23 AM
Jul 2018
Alright, I'd be happy to have another one for Madoka, specifically with Homura in it. I'm not providing any pics in particular, just surprise me.
removed-userMay 13, 2013 4:27 AM
May 13, 2013 4:33 AM

Aug 2009
Burningblade04 said:
Alright, I'd be happy to have another one for Madoka, specifically with Homura in it. I'm not providing any pics in particular, just surprise me.

OK. Do you want only Homura in the banner or are other characters allowed to appear alongside her as well? I am asking so I can know what kind of pictures to look for.
May 13, 2013 4:42 AM
Jul 2018
Hm. I'm not sure, it's a tie in between having all the characters but putting the emphasis solely on her or homura only in the banner. Maybe both so I can see?

If I had a choice I'd prefer the latter.
May 13, 2013 4:55 AM

Aug 2009
Ofc, I'd put an emphasis on Homu if I go with a multi-character banner. Well, I haven't started picture hunting so I am not sure what I'll end up with, so I can't say yet what it'll look like.
I will primarily focus on Homura alone, and if I find a good enough material for a banner that includes all the characters I'll make that as well, we'll see. It should be done tonight or tomorrow.
May 13, 2013 5:05 AM
Jul 2018
metamorphius said:
Ofc, I'd put an emphasis on Homu if I go with a multi-character banner. Well, I haven't started picture hunting so I am not sure what I'll end up with, so I can't say yet what it'll look like.
I will primarily focus on Homura alone, and if I find a good enough material for a banner that includes all the characters I'll make that as well, we'll see. It should be done tonight or tomorrow.

Yeah, that sounds about right more or less. I'll eagerly anticipate the results, thanks.
May 13, 2013 5:23 AM

Nov 2011
Niyawa- I'm sorry but if it doesn't make it in you can't keep it with the Elitist icon on there. The reason being that if we allowed that it would technically mean that anyone could slap out name on a banner using any anime series 'as long as it's not on relations'.

It sounds strict and silly but initially we weren't even letting people use Eva banners, even though we had End Of Evangelion on our list.

Sarcastic or not, we are still trying to portray an image.

As for Meta's suggestions- She's a pretty talented graphic artist so I would listen to her. Again we want our banners to reflect our 'image'. These shouldn't be treated like random member cards and such that are in other clubs but as something more. Your banners look nice but everyone can improve every aspect of themselves so don't get upset when someone tries to give you suggestions. =)
AmberlehMay 13, 2013 5:31 AM
May 13, 2013 7:39 AM

Jan 2011
I have no idea why you bothered to write all of that when I made clear I understood all the criterias. Not to mention, when did I get upset?
May 13, 2013 7:54 AM

Aug 2009
I am no graphic artist, I've never studied it in any way, but thank you for the compliment, Amber.

@Burningblade04

Done. Here's the banner.

No, wait, I am kidding, don't get upset. At least, not yet.

OK, now for real.
In the end, I picked the second option - Homura alone, because I didn't think any of the pictures with all the characters would really work as banners. Some were too busy, some couldn't be resized nicely, some had other issues.

Anyway, I made two banners, so you pick which one you like better. I hope they are not too colourful/strenuous for eyes.

With text

Without text

And, while I was at it, I made one more Madoka banner. This one's more of a just-for-fun creation and I made it only because I stumbled upon this picture I quite liked, but I'll post it in this thread anyway.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

32 by Ducat_Revel »»
Jul 17, 5:02 AM

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jan 25, 2013

1162 by LeonhartAugust »»
May 13, 11:17 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.