Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Dec 12, 2012 9:43 PM

Nov 2008
ssjokg said:

Asuna gets a new look in ALO if that counts:

Not enough I guess.

Eh idk if i like that. Im guessing thats from the LN? And the Undine one was pretty cool
Dec 13, 2012 12:03 AM

Sep 2010
ssjokg said:
BloodRequiem said:
animetyphoon88 said:
It seems like most of the Asuna haters just hate her bc they have humongous hard-ons for Sugu...

Fix'd

Asuna:82-60-83
Sugu:82-62-81

Pick what you like.

black hair > orange hair :D.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2012 12:49 AM

Jul 2012
yui #1

Then Asuna ^_^
Dec 13, 2012 12:59 AM
Jan 2010
ever read "The manipulated man"? She is a manipulative bitch, that´s it!
Dec 13, 2012 2:24 AM

Aug 2009
animetyphoon88 said:
ssjokg said:

Not enough I guess.

Eh idk if i like that. Im guessing thats from the LN? And the Undine one was pretty cool

Is the Undine part for my post or Airstyles,but Asuna is an Undine,she is the one with the light blue hair.

And that will happen after she is saved.She also has another avatar but I dont remember how it looks like.
Dec 13, 2012 10:22 AM
Sep 2012
ssjokg said:
animetyphoon88 said:
ssjokg said:

Not enough I guess.

Is the Undine part for my post or Airstyles,but Asuna is an Undine,she is the one with the light blue hair.

And that will happen after she is saved.She also has another avatar but I dont remember how it looks like.

does she? I thought that like Liz and Silica she just transferred over her char from SAO and just used that one, although I could be wrong, she does mention that she is tired of being called "The Berserk Healer"
Dec 13, 2012 10:29 AM

Aug 2009
DarthAbysius said:
ssjokg said:
animetyphoon88 said:
ssjokg said:

Not enough I guess.

does she? I thought that like Liz and Silica she just transferred over her char from SAO and just used that one, although I could be wrong, she does mention that she is tired of being called "The Berserk Healer"

wiki:
"Her Undine avatar is from her main account that was transferred from SAO. She also made a new account and trained a new character from scratch: the Sylph «Erika». The reason she created a new character was extremely simple: Sometimes she wanted to change her appearance too. «Erika» specialized in melee and had most of its ability points devoted to dagger skills, so it was more suited for duels than Asuna which was a half healer."
ssjokgDec 13, 2012 10:35 AM
Dec 13, 2012 10:34 AM
Sep 2012
ssjokg said:
DarthAbysius said:
ssjokg said:
animetyphoon88 said:
ssjokg said:

Not enough I guess.

wiki:
"Her Undine avatar is from her main account that was transferred from SAO. She also made a new account and trained a new character from scratch: the Sylph «Erika». The reason she created a new character was extremely simple: Sometimes she wanted to change her appearance too. «Erika» specialized in melee and had most of its ability points devoted to dagger skills, so it was more suited for duels than Asuna which was a half healer."

OK fair enough, I was just curious, I didn't remember her saying anything about it in the novels, guess I just forgot. Although I would think that Asuna would still be more suited to duels, because she has all the one handed and rapier skills from SAO, not to mention would just be flat out stronger/faster ect than Erika because all the front line players from SAO were such obscenely high levels when it ended and there would not have been near enough time since then (nor would she have spent near as much time in game per day aka: not all of it) for any other character she makes to catch up in the next few years.
Dec 13, 2012 10:35 AM

Aug 2009
I think that the only time we see her using it was in Mother's Rosario,when she asked her mother to log in ALO,with that char,in order to talk.I think that avatar has short hair.I dont know...the only pic we have is this:

:-/
Dec 13, 2012 10:39 AM

Aug 2009
DarthAbysius said:
(nor would she have spent near as much time in game per day aka: not all of it) for any other character she makes to catch up in the next few years.

Kirito with his new avatar is at 80% of what he used to be.(after Mother's Rosario)
Asuna since has more resposibilities I guess she would be around 60% maybe?
Dec 13, 2012 10:43 AM
Sep 2012
ssjokg said:
]

Kirito with his new avatar is at 80% of what he used to be.(after Mother's Rosario)

... I'm just gonna come right out and call bullshit on that. I guess since the strength increase system is different, it makes a bit on sense, but seriously how much easier is it to get strong now.. It took him two years of virtually non-stop grinding to get to where he was, and now less than a year later of playing semi-seriously he is almost at the same spot..... wow. I guess their experience would streamline the process somewhat, but still, it shouldn't be THAT much different.
Dec 13, 2012 10:46 AM

Aug 2009
DarthAbysius said:
ssjokg said:
]

... I'm just gonna come right out and call bullshit on that. I guess since the strength increase system is different, it makes a bit on sense, but seriously how much easier is it to get strong now.. It took him two years of virtually non-stop grinding to get to where he was, and now less than a year later of playing semi-seriously he is almost at the same spot..... wow. I guess their experience would streamline the process somewhat, but still, it shouldn't be THAT much different.

We dont know how the skills are raised so who knows.And Aincard 2.0's monsters are stronger so they may get a lot more exp than before.
Dec 13, 2012 10:50 AM
Sep 2012
ssjokg said:

We dont know how the skills are raised so who knows.And Aincard 2.0's monsters are stronger so they may get a lot more exp than before.

I suppose the SAO players(well some of them) are trying to finish Aincrad, so that is entirely possible. Although.... kirito does know
, so maybe he went in there and *ahem* streamlined the leveling process for him and his friends XD
DarthAbysiusDec 13, 2012 10:53 AM
Dec 13, 2012 10:52 AM

Aug 2009
DarthAbysius said:
ssjokg said:

I suppose the SAO players(well some of them) are trying to finish Aincrad, so that is entirely possible. Although.... kirito does know
, so maybe he went in there and *ahem* streamlined the leveling process for him and his friends XD

While possible, whats the point of making a new avatar in order to "play fair" if he can use that.And put that in spoiler since it's WAYYYY worse than Aincard 2.0
Dec 13, 2012 10:55 AM
Oct 2012
DarthAbysius said:

If I recall properly, AOL's strength system is very much more simple than SAO and it is particularly suited to both Kirito's SAO experience and his natural strength (reflex speed) so he would become stronger much faster in ALO than he did in SAO. This is the reason Lyfa is so powerful in the game. Her Kendou practice had already conditioned her reflexes to respond to a sword fight.

The reason that Kirito is so strong is that he was one of the first hard core VR users and on top of that he was also one of the youngest players when it started. So he has both the experience and his body was able to adapt to it naturally. Think of real games for comparison. They younger you start playing, generally the better you can become because your reflexes are still developing and can adapt to the actions (texting is another example). It is relatively harder for older people to pick up these skills for this reason (though with effort they can).
Dec 13, 2012 10:56 AM
Sep 2012
ssjokg said:

While possible, whats the point of making a new avatar in order to "play fair" if he can use that.And put that in spoiler since it's WAYYYY worse than Aincard 2.0

my bad, fixed.

I was more saying it as a joke, I really doubt he would do something like that. It just kind of annoys me that all the work and danger they went through to get strong and survive... it just seems kinda bullshit that the author would undermine all that. I know he had to do something to make them stay strong, but oh well. As a side note though, I wonder why kirito didn't just keep his old avatar for nostalgia if nothing else.
Dec 13, 2012 10:59 AM
Sep 2012
Takuan_Soho said:

If I recall properly, AOL's strength system is very much more simple than SAO and it is particularly suited to both Kirito's SAO experience and his natural strength (reflex speed) so he would become stronger much faster in ALO than he did in SAO. This is the reason Lyfa is so powerful in the game. Her Kendou practice had already conditioned her reflexes to respond to a sword fight.

The reason that Kirito is so strong is that he was one of the first hard core VR users and on top of that he was also one of the youngest players when it started. So he has both the experience and his body was able to adapt to it naturally. Think of real games for comparison. They younger you start playing, generally the better you can become because your reflexes are still developing and can adapt to the actions (texting is another example). It is relatively harder for older people to pick up these skills for this reason (though with effort they can).

yeah that's fair. I have had conversations in real life on how much real combat experience/training would affect performance in a VR combat enviroment. I think they did talk about in the first novel actually that having combat training in RL made it easier to progress (which makes sense).
Dec 13, 2012 10:59 AM

Aug 2009
DarthAbysius said:
ssjokg said:

my bad, fixed.

I was more saying it as a joke, I really doubt he would do something like that. It just kind of annoys me that all the work and danger they went through to get strong and survive... it just seems kinda bullshit that the author would undermine all that. I know he had to do something to make them stay strong, but oh well. As a side note though, I wonder why kirito didn't just keep his old avatar for nostalgia if nothing else.

Well he is almost the same as before and after the patch that added the OSS he started replicating the Dual Blade skills.And they bought the same house again so I think he and the rest of the company are fine with that.
Dec 13, 2012 11:04 AM
Sep 2012
ssjokg said:

Well he is almost the same as before and after the patch that added the OSS he started replicating the Dual Blade skills.And they bought the same house again so I think he and the rest of the company are fine with that.

I suppose, maybe I'm just weak like that but I don't think I could force myself to actually delete my character from SAO. Move on? sure. Create others? sure. But I could never actually get rid of that original, I would need to use it every so often, if only to remember the original Aincrad.
Dec 13, 2012 11:07 AM

Aug 2009
DarthAbysius said:
ssjokg said:

I suppose, maybe I'm just weak like that but I don't think I could force myself to actually delete my character from SAO. Move on? sure. Create others? sure. But I could never actually get rid of that original, I would need to use it every so often, if only to remember the original Aincrad.
I dont see the reason to delete one char in order to create the same again.Keep the old one make a totally new one.Like what Asuna did.

And being "fair" doesnt apply either since he is always at the top when it comes to experience in games that use the Seed.
ssjokgDec 13, 2012 11:13 AM
Dec 13, 2012 11:12 AM
Sep 2012
ssjokg said:
]I a reason to delete one char in order to create the same again.Keep the old one make a totally new one.Like what Asuna did.

Well, yeah I would do what Asuna did for sure. But I can see how what kirito did would be a coping mechanism, just get a fresh start with "Kirito" and use that to help him move on from SAO. Is it just me though, or did everyone seem to get over SAO a bit too quickly. I mean, the novels were great and all that, and he did showcase a few people who were.... corrupted by SAO (
) but most people just seemed to go "oh well two years of my life and untold emotion trauma while in game. meh."
Dec 13, 2012 11:16 AM
Oct 2012
DarthAbysius said:

Kirito never liked that he got part of his power in SAO because he was a beater, and he definitely felt like he was a cheater in ALO, so when given the opportunity, and being a gamer at heart (which is why he and Kayaba bounded somewhat, they were both gamers to their souls, its the reason Kayaba did not mind as much losing to Kirito he had cheated in the first match and it left a bitter taste in his mouth) he wanted to prove his skills without having to cheat. To leave no question in his or anyone else's mind that he was actually that good.

This is covered several times in the novels, and may pop in 24 (though I doubt it), but definitely should happen in 25 (though with this adaptation probably not).
Dec 13, 2012 11:17 AM

Aug 2009
DarthAbysius said:
ssjokg said:
]I a reason to delete one char in order to create the same again.Keep the old one make a totally new one.Like what Asuna did.

Well, yeah I would do what Asuna did for sure. But I can see how what kirito did would be a coping mechanism, just get a fresh start with "Kirito" and use that to help him move on from SAO. Is it just me though, or did everyone seem to get over SAO a bit too quickly. I mean, the novels were great and all that, and he did showcase a few people who were.... corrupted by SAO (
) but most people just seemed to go "oh well two years of my life and untold emotion trauma while in game. meh."

I know Silica has a side story about that,Whether it's canon or not I dont know.Most of them like that old man and Klein were worried about their jobs and Kirito with Asuna...care only about each other.

If there is one thing that I wanted to see was Kirito visiting Sachi's grave.I am sure he could find it either by asking Kikuoka or using Yui's hacking skills
Dec 13, 2012 11:19 AM
Sep 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
DarthAbysius said:

Kirito never liked that he got part of his power in SAO because he was a beater, and he definitely felt like he was a cheater in ALO, so when given the opportunity, and being a gamer at heart (which is why he and Kayaba bounded somewhat, they were both gamers to their souls, its the reason Kayaba did not mind as much losing to Kirito he had cheated in the first match and it left a bitter taste in his mouth) he wanted to prove his skills without having to cheat. To leave no question in his or anyone else's mind that he was actually that good.

This is covered several times in the novels, and may pop in 24 (though I doubt it), but definitely should happen in 25 (though with this adaptation probably not).

well yeah, I know about him not liking what he did in Aincrad, and as i say I can see moving on and not using that character. However, (although I addressed this in my post above you) I meant that I personally could not do what he did and simply get rid of that character, because I would use it to help me cope with Aincrad. He did it his own way.
Dec 13, 2012 11:23 AM
Sep 2012
ssjokg said:

I know Silica has a side story about that,Whether it's canon or not I dont know.Most of them like that old man and Klein were worried about their jobs and Kirito with Asuna...care only about each other.

If there is one thing that I wanted to see was Kirito visiting Sachi's grave.I am sure he could find it either by asking Kikuoka or using Yui's hacking skills

Yeah, that definatly would have been a great thing to add in the novels, going to visit Sachi's grave after getting out of SAO, it would have really brought home what people sacrificed in the game. And also that's what I mean, they were worried about their jobs, and the people they left behind and stuff, and at one point there was even a mention dropped that a few people developped phobias of games. They were put under observatioin for a while after getting out, but my problem was there was really no indication that any of them needed it. You would think that being trapped in a virtual world where you faced death almost daily (unless you were one of the people who sat around and waited to the front line guilds to win...) would scar you, and even if you did sit around, the fact of being trapped in a game with no way out, for years, not knowing what was happening to your body as your life slipped away would have traumatized the people, and had them go through therapy on escape, at least SOME of them. But everyone seemed to go "meh" and get on with their lives.
Dec 13, 2012 11:36 AM

Aug 2009
DarthAbysius said:
ssjokg said:

Yeah, that definatly would have been a great thing to add in the novels, going to visit Sachi's grave after getting out of SAO, it would have really brought home what people sacrificed in the game. And also that's what I mean, they were worried about their jobs, and the people they left behind and stuff, and at one point there was even a mention dropped that a few people developped phobias of games. They were put under observatioin for a while after getting out, but my problem was there was really no indication that any of them needed it. You would think that being trapped in a virtual world where you faced death almost daily (unless you were one of the people who sat around and waited to the front line guilds to win...) would scar you, and even if you did sit around, the fact of being trapped in a game with no way out, for years, not knowing what was happening to your body as your life slipped away would have traumatized the people, and had them go through therapy on escape, at least SOME of them. But everyone seemed to go "meh" and get on with their lives.

If you mean Liz and the others then probably meeting Kirito and Asuna was what saved them.At least,all those that were in the party at Agil's cafe were friends or people Kirito helped.
And their school is pretty much made for making sure none of them goes crazy.Many may hated Asuna's mother for saying something like this but she was telling the truth.
Dec 13, 2012 12:44 PM

Aug 2011
SchmidytheMini said:
Soooo I'm getting the feeling no one is an Asuna fan really lol

HOW CAN YOU COMPETE WITH THESE!?

Dec 13, 2012 3:36 PM
Sep 2012
ssjokg said:

And their school is pretty much made for making sure none of them goes crazy.Many may hated Asuna's mother for saying something like this but she was telling the truth.

I know, that's why I said they were under observation :P. But the point I was trying to make is that except for a few extreme cases(and that offhand mention to a buch of them starting to hate/have phobias of VR games), no one appeared to have any lingering issues, nothing debilitating anyway. Where was the PTSD? Where were the strange personality traites that being in that enviroment would inevitably give you? You know that stuff. But oh well, it doesn't bother me THAT much, it was just something I was wondering about.
Dec 13, 2012 3:39 PM

Nov 2008
EstelleBright said:
SchmidytheMini said:

I see your boobs, and i raise u one sandwich!
Dec 13, 2012 3:40 PM

Aug 2009
DarthAbysius said:
ssjokg said:

I know, that's why I said they were under observation :P. But the point I was trying to make is that except for a few extreme cases(and that offhand mention to a buch of them starting to hate/have phobias of VR games), no one appeared to have any lingering issues, nothing debilitating anyway. Where was the PTSD? Where were the strange personality traites that being in that enviroment would inevitably give you? You know that stuff. But oh well, it doesn't bother me THAT much, it was just something I was wondering about.

Well the survivors were how many?6000? Someone would have PTSD.Kirito had.It just came up in GGO because of Death Gun.
Dec 13, 2012 3:42 PM

Aug 2009
animetyphoon88 said:
EstelleBright said:
SchmidytheMini said:

I would prefer a"hotdog" with Sugu's Sugus.
Dec 13, 2012 3:58 PM
Sep 2012
animetyphoon88 said:
EstelleBright said:
SchmidytheMini said:

you mean you raise him THREE sandwiches. that is one to counter each of sugu's.... sugus and one to raise the steaks(ba dum bish).
Dec 13, 2012 4:44 PM

May 2011
animetyphoon88 said:

HEAVY APPROVES
Dec 14, 2012 10:38 AM

Sep 2009
I just don't like her. She doesn't interest me. And I don't feel hoity-toity about her though she have a very nice face. I life Suguha/ Leafa more..
Dec 14, 2012 7:56 PM

Jun 2012
hmm i my opinion asuna is better
and if he ends up with sugu that is somewhat how should a put it um incest
Dec 14, 2012 8:56 PM

Sep 2012
EstelleBright said:
SchmidytheMini said:

pls tell me where you got your originality from
Dec 14, 2012 8:56 PM

Sep 2012
EstelleBright said:
SchmidytheMini said:

pls tell me where you got your originality from
Jan 2, 2013 7:33 AM

Jun 2012
Well I can't say myself why people dislike Asuna, but IMO I like Asuna a lot, while I don't care for Suguha.

Jan 2, 2013 7:48 AM
May 2012
It's cuz she was one of the top players in SAO and became so useless in ALO.

Also the fact that if she had just pressed the goddamn button to logout, everything would've been fine. But no, she dawdled. Pissed me off at least.
Jan 2, 2013 8:05 AM

May 2012
I much preferred Asuna tbh. Probably cos I liked SAO better than ALO.
Jan 2, 2013 4:22 PM

Jan 2013
Ehh I like Asuna.
Jan 3, 2013 7:42 AM

Jan 2010
Well I don't find her anything special from the very beginning. Her character, appearance, is not appealing at all. and in ALO, I hate her so much. I had a feeling that she maybe actually a spoiled rich brat, and it turned out to be true. I never got the feeling that she is a brave, independent and strong girl from the beginning. Even when people said she is the "Flash" Asuna, she is really strong and she proved it several time in SAO, I always had this feeling that she is actually not strong at all. The way she act is not a strong, independent girl would act. I hate her. She doesn't deserve Kirito.

Why I like Sugu better is because she is strong. I bet Sugu can kick Asuna's ass easily with her kendo. Even Kirito is no match for her. Maybe for some guys Sugu is better because her boobs but I'm not. I like her because she is stronger, more independent than Asuna. Asuna, the way she act like she is the prettiest girl.... ugh... typical spoiled rich girl >.> when she said "Kirito-kun will come..." ugh damn damsel in distress >_>

I hope my english is understandable.... >_<

Well this all my opinion. I won't judge people who like Asuna. They have their own taste.
Jan 3, 2013 12:03 PM
Jan 2013
Ragix said:
Paul said:
It's usually zero to hero but instead she goes from hero to zero. I don't dislike her or anything though. Not that I favor her either.

Plus, how do you compete with this?

There :)
Jan 3, 2013 6:23 PM

Nov 2009
Kamina- said:
Ragix said:
Paul said:
It's usually zero to hero but instead she goes from hero to zero. I don't dislike her or anything though. Not that I favor her either.

I'd love Suguha for myself, Kirito and Asuna is already a perfect pairing... And I can't live without those 2 melons!!
If you just did nothing because you thought it wouldn't help, then you'd end up doing less than nothing; for nothing would change and nothing would end. (Kira Yamato - Gundam Seed Phase 34: Seen & Unseen)
Jan 3, 2013 8:03 PM

Jun 2009
GuyFreakz said:
Kamina- said:
Ragix said:
Paul said:

I'd love Suguha for myself, Kirito and Asuna is already a perfect pairing... And I can't live without those 2 melons!!

Thighs dammit! Thighs!

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2013 2:00 PM

Apr 2012
Well the show is now over. Anyone change their opinion of Asuna? For better or worse?
Jan 20, 2013 3:41 PM

Jun 2012
I loved Asuna and what was retarded to me was that they metaphorically shoved the fact that Suguha wasn't his sister it was his cousin who cares!? They were raised as brother and sister, TEAM Kirigasuna forever..
Jan 20, 2013 6:51 PM

Jan 2013
hmm i didnt see anything wrong with Asuna but there was nothing about her that made her really stand out either so ehhh. Sugu had tits, and i guess more realistic personality but it is not explained she likes kirito.like at all, it jst seems she likes him for no reason. and its incest but i dont really care about that. so for my opinion kirito x asuna wins
Mar 2, 2013 5:22 PM

Jul 2012
SchmidytheMini said:
Well the show is now over. Anyone change their opinion of Asuna? For better or worse?

I have a better opinion on her, if you care.
Mar 4, 2013 2:58 AM

Jan 2013
I liked Asuna on the begining and i like her now but i like Suguha match more...
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » is it just me, or do you guys also like asuna a lot? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Yesterday

60 by PizzaGOD_74 »»
2 hours ago

» SAO watch order

18s - 7 hours ago

11 by Linx_0 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2012

492 by ItsXolo »»
Sep 15, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Aug 25, 2012

535 by AliQasim22 »»
Sep 13, 12:37 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

951 by Rexnihilo »»
Sep 7, 11:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.