Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Mar 9, 2013 6:43 PM

Apr 2009
Big Sis Maid's time to shine had a bloodier beginning than I expected, but her speech was no less epic than the version I read in the manga. Hero didn't even have to do anything but watch and see that the heart of freedom beats in Winter Nation.

What bothers me this episode is that scene with the blue-skinned characters, and the green spirit talking after the credits. I've never seen them before in other related versions, and they seem like indications for a potential anime-only ending...
Mar 9, 2013 7:26 PM

Dec 2007
Older Sister Maid has officially won my heart.

...Whoa. That epilogue to the episode. Was that...the Light Spirit?
Ich verstehe nicht
Mar 10, 2013 1:07 AM

Jan 2013
That was a Very Powerful Moment

one of the few rare occasions were the adaptation was as good as the Original Material

5/5 this Episode
Mar 10, 2013 1:22 AM
Jul 2011
I want to ask a question, Could I ask whether the Demon Queen is Incarnation of the Ligt Spirit or She is the Servant of Demons ?
SeerHuMar 12, 2013 5:34 AM
Mar 10, 2013 4:52 AM

May 2012
I only watched 3 episodes, and found this anime to be very boring. Too many dialogs with no action, no feeling, and noting interesting.

However, the photo of torture scene here is making me change my mind. For people who already watched this, does this anime get better after ep 3 ?
Mar 10, 2013 8:14 AM

Mar 2008
SayakaMagica said:
and the green spirit talking after the credits.

I think it's Maou true form (spiritual form).

SeerHu said:
I want to ask a question, Could I ask whether the Demon Queen is Incarnation of the Ligt Spirit or She is the Sevant of Demons ?

When I saw that scene I thought, "and what about de good forces of the world? We only seen the demons, where are the angels?".
It might be that, in some superior plane, the two sides coexist blended in one another. What think about this?
PaninaManinaMar 10, 2013 8:18 AM
Mar 10, 2013 9:56 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
thepath said:
I only watched 3 episodes, and found this anime to be very boring. Too many dialogs with no action, no feeling, and noting interesting.

However, the photo of torture scene here is making me change my mind. For people who already watched this, does this anime get better after ep 3 ?
Technically you asked two different questions. For me, the quality and tone of the show hasn't changed since the beginning. Thus, having said that, if you didn't like it before I really doubt you'll like it now.
Mar 10, 2013 11:22 AM

Sep 2012
That was quite the speech, never seen one so good in an anime before.
This was really the only episode I enjoyed in the series so far.
Mar 10, 2013 11:56 AM

Jul 2009
Barion-Zara said:

I wonder who that blue skinned guy is? Never seen him in the manga.

Also wondering who was speaking at the end? And if that was Maou why was her voice different?

BEST EP YET :)

He's probably a higher up in the Blue Skinned Demon Tribe.
They appear in the ISHIDA AKIRA Manga (Chapter 18)
They are a tribe that has produced many demon kings in the past & don't have much respect for the current one (seeing as she is from the External Library)

The entity appearing in the end is probably the personification of the Light Spirit. She is shown to be loving & caring towards all life & shares a special bond with Heroes as they are driven by the dream of a better future, faith in goodness & hope which they have in common with the Spirit. This shows that it was Hero & not the Church of the Spirit that truly understood the Spirit & it's feelings. (P.S. The Spirit probably loves the Heroes)

MalteseSwordsman said:
You know i actually believe the demon queen is the light spirit which would explain her compassion, scientific knowledge and her goal of achieving a set piece, She is like a Representative of god working in mysterious ways to move humanity and in this case also demonity forward towards a better future does anybody else agree with me on this ?

She maybe an incarnation of the Spirit.

wishkas said:
Hum... If demon king ritual is all about light how can it be dangerous ( she asked to head maid to kill her if things go wrong...)

It is a ritual to calm the spirits of the former Maous. She has to confront all their spirits, therby risking possession. Thus, the danger.

ao_no_exo said:

Warning, long picture

Nice picture. Though I'd debate the "USELESS" part.

PaninaManina said:
SayakaMagica said:
and the green spirit talking after the credits.

I think it's Maou true form (spiritual form).

SeerHu said:
I want to ask a question, Could I ask whether the Demon Queen is Incarnation of the Ligt Spirit or She is the Sevant of Demons ?

When I saw that scene I thought, "and what about de good forces of the world? We only seen the demons, where are the angels?".
It might be that, in some superior plane, the two sides coexist blended in one another. What think about this?

I believe "Demons" refers to all "Supernatural Races" & not the "Residents of hell" you seem to be mistaking them for. This is also the case in Kyou Kara Maou.

And now for the Final One:

Monad said:
Definitely from the strongest episodes this series has had. Poor girl had to get those nasty slashes. People who authorize themselves as God's representatives are abominations.

I feel conflicted about seeing this blue guy. It feels kind of late to introduce some character that has grand dreams of conquering all.

symbv said:
Antanaru said:
I didn't say it wasn't dull in the original. I'm not really fond of both versions. It was overly dramatized and too far fetched to believe. I can't agree with use of Maou's image for it.

But you said "Original is really good", right? And coming after you said "this speech was already quite dull in manga", I presume you must have meant "original" as the original novel?

I think the guy just got his religious feelings hurt honestly.

Phaetons_Folly said:
I hated this episode. I have been enjoying the series so far but this was too much. In an effort to gain a strong emotional appeal, the show resorted to a series of ideological BS and used religion as

a blatant scapegoat.

The speech the servant girl gave is great to those who have already inculcated liberal philosophical ideas; we all like to hear about freedom for individuals and the evil of tyrants. However, the speech itself is very problematic. The main problem is that the only tyrant on the stage was the Winter King. He is the man that keeps the institution of serfdom alive. The church could only kill the Crimson Scholar with the King’s permission, and their only real threat against him is that they could possible build a coalition other Kingdoms against the Winter Kingdom, but that isn’t a guarantee. If other countries are willing to follow the church and attack the Winter Kingdom, then they already wanted that kingdom destroyed for other reasons. The entire speech sounded like a cry for a Marxist or Democratic revolution against tyranny, instead of a plea to defend and autocracy against a theocracy. The depiction of the church is both laughable and extremely frightening. It is fair to say that organized religion is an extremely easy target (though the merit of that statement is a completely different discussion). The church messenger was comically evil and amazingly incompetent, especially with letting the scholar have such a grand speech. The entire situation is even more interesting when the story comes from a culture that has little to no contact with Christianity or monotheistic religions. I do understand that the inquisition is historical fact, but at least they tried to get some due process and have the person be questioned before they declare them to die, though they would use torture to gain confessions.

What a lot of crap.
First you are probably religious and get all upset because they weren't shown as nice guys but religion wasn't shown as anything. Those playing representatives of religions are shown as dicks.
Second cut the philosophical bullshit about "liberal", "autocracy" and all that. The speech was clearly personal. She simply talked from her heart. And telling them to decide for themselves whether they wanted to stone her or not is common sense since most people just go with it out of fear of any consequences. Her speech simply helped as a motivation to fight that fear.
And no the kings position isn't that simple. Yeah if she was given to them by him he has a share of responsibility but saying that making the church his enemy was nothing great is ridiculous. Is like you never open a book about such politics. Church was the only thing that can motivate war against you even if other nations weren't keen on attacking you, is not like now that most people aren't that fanatical with religion. Also if some nations had something against you then you give them the perfect excuse while alienating allies. You could have kept your peace by avoiding giving them any chances or excuse to a conflict.

And yeah of course they gave her too much time to speak but well how else can you have a speech moment when you are getting taken like that? Even if it seems kind of strange the scene can only happen if the evil doers give you time to speak.
And yeah he was comical evil etc but hey have you met some evil shitheads? They really can be very comical disgusting especially those "burn the witch" types.
Btw Nazi's can be an easy target too, that doesn't mean they weren't disgusting little fuckers. They ain't easy targets because of nothing, they put themselves there.

Even the attempt to slightly imply that there was some type of due process during the inquisition that was worth any slight of shit makes you seem like a freaking idiot.
As about the authors nationality. That's irrelevant bullshit and you know it and just makes you seem slightly racist by saying that he can't touch a matter simply because of where he was born.

I'd like to ask "Phaetons_Folly": Have you watched the series & read atleast one other adaptation upto date. If you have then you'd notice that this story isn't particularly interested in slandering religion.

The story focusses on the concepts pertaining to War. Such as,
- The belief that my side is right & other is wrong (Which most often is mistaken belief spread & promoted by those who profit from the War) [This is highlighted in the 1st episode]
- How some parties become so dependant on the War that they will be damaged if it ends. [A point that is repeatedly brought up esp. with regards to the Humans]
- How War with a greater enemy brings smaller enemies together. [Brought up with regards to the Demons]
- How certain authorities promote the War as they gain a lot of profit from it & do not look for other avenues of profit making them further dependent on it. [This concers the "Merchant's Alliance", the "Church of the Light Spirit" & the "Central Nations"

The Maou after her extensive research had come to the conclusion that the War was fairly pointless & wished to end it while save both the nations & bringing about a better future.

Now coming to the points raised.

- The "Winter King" - NOT a tyrant. He's shown to be a generous king. You have to realize that on paper the concept of Serfdom isn't all that bad. But, the reality of it is different as the nobles exploit the privileges given to them. As, such the King won't see a fault in it. Had the King had time to focus on the reality, he might have attempted to find a solution. But, they are too occupied with the War & what little breathing room they get is used up in focusing on national level problems such as diseases, food supply etc.

I support Monad's point. The King cannot make a stand without it having repercussions for his country. The southern kingdoms have enough problems even without having made the Church their enemy.

- Ever heard of the Newspaper, Television, Novels & the Internet. You don't have to live under a system to understand about it. Also, Christianity has the 2nd highest follower-ship in the World. It is followed by people even in Japan. Heck, they even have Catholic schools. So, get some facts before judging.

- Also, the Church in the series while based on the Christian Church still differs in 1 critical point. It is the ONLY religion in the Human World. They are too used to their position of power & authority & depend too much on the War as without a defined absolute evil, the people's faith in the Church & dependence on it would weaken. Thus, their evil actions to eliminate the person they view as a threat. It is not unheard of or unimaginable that people who are too used to power, try to use their authority to eliminate those they perceive as threats.

- As far as the people's reaction (Including the King & Lady Knight) is concerned. This speech worked ONLY because it is the Southern Kingdoms, Specifically yhe Winter Nation. The people are torn b/w the Main Church (Which has little or no contact with the people othe than start the Holy Crusades & have made no real positive contributions to their lives) & The "Crimson Scholar" (Who has only ever contributed to make their lives better). The Big Sister Maid having had many experiences both as a Serf & as an attendant of the "Crimson Scholar" sees both the point of view of the Serfs & of a free person. So, she explained to the people that freedom doesn't refer to answering to no one, It means doing thing because you choose to & then bearing the consequences for your actions. She told them that they could no longer hide behind the excuse that they did so because they were told. If they obeyed a command, the responsibility of the consequences is still upon them as they would be responsible for the safety of their families but they would have to carry the burden of killing their "Savior".

This in-turn inspired the King to take a stand against the tyranny of the Church & Central Nations, thus his decisions.
As far as the Lady Knight is concerned, once the King had given his support, she had the freedom to act as she wanted to without sacrificing her position as Prioress & declared the "Crimson Scholar" as a "Saint" reinforcing the peoples faith in the "Crimson Scholar" & the rightness of their decision.
EvilincarnateMar 10, 2013 12:02 PM
Mar 10, 2013 1:03 PM

Jul 2008
This speech was a yes.

Mar 10, 2013 3:19 PM

Jun 2012
What an amazing episode! I was not expecting the older maid to stand up for herself like that, I was expecting the Hero to save her. Fantastically done though! I just adore episodes like these.

I have a pet peeve with this show, though. Why the hell is it only 12 episodes? They could run this for ages and I'd tune in every week!
Mar 12, 2013 7:01 PM

Jul 2012
Evilincarnate said:

The story focusses on the concepts pertaining to War. Such as,
- The belief that my side is right & other is wrong (Which most often is mistaken belief spread & promoted by those who profit from the War) [This is highlighted in the 1st episode]
- How some parties become so dependant on the War that they will be damaged if it ends. [A point that is repeatedly brought up esp. with regards to the Humans]
- How War with a greater enemy brings smaller enemies together. [Brought up with regards to the Demons]
- How certain authorities promote the War as they gain a lot of profit from it & do not look for other avenues of profit making them further dependent on it. [This concers the "Merchant's Alliance", the "Church of the Light Spirit" & the "Central Nations"

The Maou after her extensive research had come to the conclusion that the War was fairly pointless & wished to end it while save both the nations & bringing about a better future.

Now coming to the points raised.

- The "Winter King" - NOT a tyrant. He's shown to be a generous king. You have to realize that on paper the concept of Serfdom isn't all that bad. But, the reality of it is different as the nobles exploit the privileges given to them. As, such the King won't see a fault in it. Had the King had time to focus on the reality, he might have attempted to find a solution. But, they are too occupied with the War & what little breathing room they get is used up in focusing on national level problems such as diseases, food supply etc.

I support Monad's point. The King cannot make a stand without it having repercussions for his country. The southern kingdoms have enough problems even without having made the Church their enemy.

- Ever heard of the Newspaper, Television, Novels & the Internet. You don't have to live under a system to understand about it. Also, Christianity has the 2nd highest follower-ship in the World. It is followed by people even in Japan. Heck, they even have Catholic schools. So, get some facts before judging.

- Also, the Church in the series while based on the Christian Church still differs in 1 critical point. It is the ONLY religion in the Human World. They are too used to their position of power & authority & depend too much on the War as without a defined absolute evil, the people's faith in the Church & dependence on it would weaken. Thus, their evil actions to eliminate the person they view as a threat. It is not unheard of or unimaginable that people who are too used to power, try to use their authority to eliminate those they perceive as threats.

- As far as the people's reaction (Including the King & Lady Knight) is concerned. This speech worked ONLY because it is the Southern Kingdoms, Specifically yhe Winter Nation. The people are torn b/w the Main Church (Which has little or no contact with the people othe than start the Holy Crusades & have made no real positive contributions to their lives) & The "Crimson Scholar" (Who has only ever contributed to make their lives better). The Big Sister Maid having had many experiences both as a Serf & as an attendant of the "Crimson Scholar" sees both the point of view of the Serfs & of a free person. So, she explained to the people that freedom doesn't refer to answering to no one, It means doing thing because you choose to & then bearing the consequences for your actions. She told them that they could no longer hide behind the excuse that they did so because they were told. If they obeyed a command, the responsibility of the consequences is still upon them as they would be responsible for the safety of their families but they would have to carry the burden of killing their "Savior".

This in-turn inspired the King to take a stand against the tyranny of the Church & Central Nations, thus his decisions.
As far as the Lady Knight is concerned, once the King had given his support, she had the freedom to act as she wanted to without sacrificing her position as Prioress & declared the "Crimson Scholar" as a "Saint" reinforcing the peoples faith in the "Crimson Scholar" & the rightness of their decision.

Thank you for writing this.
I just watched the episode and because I've got a little bit mixed feelings about it, scrolled through the discussion and the more I read, the more I asked myself how to wrap up all the things I wanted to add in a non-confusing matter. But you've done that so much better than I could have - so thank you. :)

I also think, that this episode doesn't simply that organised religion is always wrong and evil. Female Knight and her order are also part of this religion and organisation and they are main contributors to the good cause, namely building a society that can survive without war. They play a huge part of educating the peasants, which is a good and important thing, is it not?
Don't get me wrong, its not my intention to defend organised religion (in my opinion people can believe whatever they want, but that religious organisations should mind their own business (god and prayers and afterlife-stuff) and not meddle in politics, education etc.), but that's not the point and the message here. It's about the weakness of humanity, that wherever there is power, there are people who are abusing it, that are using their influence, whether it is through the faith of the masses, economical dependence or fear, for their personal agenda; and about a way to overcome that, to grow to be an inclusive and just society.

Overall, I liked this episode because it wasn't as detached as some of the other ones and moved things foreward (espicially for the Winter King who now was forced to take a stand and through that gained the affection of the people). BUT I had some problems:

1. Isn't it a bit problematic, that now everyone thinks that Maou was a serf? There has to come a time, when she has to reveal her true identity and that will complicate this matter, wont it? Wasn't Maid Ane risking the big plan for her own agenda and individual crisis? I wonder what will become of that....

2. The concept of sefdom (I think it's an equivalent of the medieval feudal structures) is not really criticised, is it? I must confess, I was a bit confused, somtimes I thought she was saying the system was bad, and then she was saying, the people themselves are to blame. I got where the speech was heading (evolving and not letting being ordered to do something be an excuse), but the way she got there was a bit confusing. Maybe someone can help me out there.

Well... that was enough babbling from my part. Hope it wasn't too tiring. :)
Mar 12, 2013 9:57 PM

Jul 2009
Ganjana said:

Overall, I liked this episode because it wasn't as detached as some of the other ones and moved things foreward (espicially for the Winter King who now was forced to take a stand and through that gained the affection of the people). BUT I had some problems:

1. Isn't it a bit problematic, that now everyone thinks that Maou was a serf? There has to come a time, when she has to reveal her true identity and that will complicate this matter, wont it? Wasn't Maid Ane risking the big plan for her own agenda and individual crisis? I wonder what will become of that....

2. The concept of sefdom (I think it's an equivalent of the medieval feudal structures) is not really criticised, is it? I must confess, I was a bit confused, somtimes I thought she was saying the system was bad, and then she was saying, the people themselves are to blame. I got where the speech was heading (evolving and not letting being ordered to do something be an excuse), but the way she got there was a bit confusing. Maybe someone can help me out there.

Well... that was enough babbling from my part. Hope it wasn't too tiring. :)

To answer your 1st point. Yes, it IS gonna be a problem someday, IF the Maou needs to make her identity public knowledge. But, the story may end without her doing so, as long as she reveals her identity to a few key players (i.e. Important Kings of both races, Hero's companions, Merchant, her students, etc)

As for you 2nd point. The speech wasn't about Serfdom specifically & it wasn't meant to be a speech to arouse the masses. Big Sis Maid just told her feelings before she thought she died, she was probably done with feeling weak & depending on others to save her. So, she was probably willing to sacrifice herself, but wanted the people to learn something from that moment.

As far as the issue of Serfdom is concerned:
In the next part of the story,

Also, in even later parts of the story:

Pheneks said:
What an amazing episode! I was not expecting the older maid to stand up for herself like that, I was expecting the Hero to save her. Fantastically done though! I just adore episodes like these.

I have a pet peeve with this show, though. Why the hell is it only 12 episodes? They could run this for ages and I'd tune in every week!

Seeing as this is an adaptation of an ongoing Light Novel series, I'd say it's probably because the raw materials for more episodes isn't ready yet.
Mar 14, 2013 9:41 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode, but all is just kinda rushed although I'm kinda used to that by now. I would've loved hearing more backstory instead of only hearing the main stuff.
I'm looking forward to more and hopefully this'll get a second season.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 15, 2013 6:17 PM

Feb 2013
That speech was brilliantly done. This was my favorite episode so far.
Mar 16, 2013 3:33 PM
Sep 2012
I really liked the speech. The whipping scene was brutal though.
Mar 16, 2013 8:42 PM
Dec 2012
This is my first time commenting! But this was the best episode so far for sure! Loved it!
Mar 20, 2013 10:13 PM

Jan 2012
Depending on the series, I usually don't comment until the last episode, but this episode deserved a comment.

"Dat speech" made this episode the most powerful episode of the series so far. The earlier episodes leading to this speech was done well, thus making the speech as powerful as it was. I think it will be hard to top that episode. I cannot wait to see the rest of this.

Have to admit though, I felt I was watching a play in person with them all up on stage. Great voice acting and excellent animation. It was very moving.
Mar 29, 2013 3:17 AM

Mar 2013
What a speech coming from a maid. Well she experienced the cruel of the life and made a great speech based from it. Well done
"Someone you meet can always change your life"
Apr 13, 2013 3:33 AM

Oct 2012
Well, a bit sad episode...
So harsh world that Elder Maid went through...
But then she's become so wise & strong...

Nice ep..
3 ep to final, I hope it's happy ending
Or maybe season 2?
"Signature removed"
Apr 24, 2013 9:34 PM

Sep 2011
Epic episode! Epic!
Apr 28, 2013 1:37 AM

Jul 2012
AMAZING! just it!!! <3 <3
May 1, 2013 10:43 PM

Oct 2008
Just Finished Episode 9 and after hearing that epic speech, My No.1 seiyuu Haruka Tomatsu just level-up again.

May 5, 2013 4:24 PM
Nov 2011
great episode. The Maid has proven she's learned from her teacher..... She should be proud.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
May 7, 2013 10:55 PM

Jun 2008
What a truly fantastic speech, absolute highlight of the series. Glad I picked this back up after 2 months of it sitting unwatched.

Had to jog my mind to refresh myself as to what exactly was going on in the overall plot but by episode's end I had that all figured out as well.
May 21, 2013 11:14 AM

Feb 2012
That was a beautiful speech.
May 24, 2013 12:52 PM

May 2012
That was just Amazing! The speech really blowed my mind! Great to see she wasn't killed and she delivered such an epic message to everyone that even the king realised what he was actually doing! Fuck that church messenger really so hard... That ending made it even more interested with that demon and his vision.

Quite a good episode though, really impressed me! Just for the sake of getting a recap lets watch episode 9.5!
Jun 10, 2013 3:04 AM
Jul 2018

Praise the old sister maid for saying those things! "I am human!"
This has been the best episode for me.
Another character introduced at the near end. Who could that be? He looked like a demon.
Jun 12, 2013 8:27 PM
Oct 2012
Will never forget this anime due to this amazing episode...

GC9000 said:
Loved this episode and Maid's speech!!! So did anyone else rage and feel like jumping through the screen when they were beating her? Man...that was hard to watch

Holy shit man. you don't even know...
Jun 21, 2013 7:08 PM
Feb 2009
fuck the church always been full of bull sht
Jun 25, 2013 1:51 PM

Sep 2012
wow, i need a full text quote of that speech, i was in tears the entire time once they started beating her.
Aug 30, 2013 11:07 PM
May 2013
This speech was amazing, wow. I think this show just entered one of my top anime list ^^

I'm waiting for the day someone who will deliver a similar speech that will move people and think past money, greed, and power. Of course, the real world is much more complicated and if it were possible we wouldn't still be fighting, but I think it'd be nice to hear something like during your own lifetime.

I read 7-8 pages and nobody has mentioned something so far that I've noticed. Does anyone feel a sense of female empowerment?
I really appreciate how this show has diverse characters. One thing I really appreciate is the character development for the elder sister. She has grown so much!
Most of the time, people are always being saved by the hero (including damsels in distress and women), but the elder sister took the lead and did not want anyone to save or nor choose her fate any more. She delivered a powerful speech. She became the beholder of her freedom and life. And she did it. She did what she wanted by herself, on her own, with no help from anybody (typically and often, a man).

MusashiRose said:
THAT SPEECH.

For some reason the gif ain't showing :/
terramishuAug 30, 2013 11:14 PM
Sep 24, 2013 6:59 AM
May 2013
The speech was very good.
I wonder on which side is that blue guy.
Oct 3, 2013 8:45 PM

May 2011
One of the better speeches I've witnessed, quite a few other speeches in some anime just dropped a notch in my eyes. The execution platform, the public violent abuse, the desperation, the back-story, the words and the inspiration to all those watching in that era, and even our own. When the citizens started throwing rocks at the priest-guy and the KING finally stepped in and parried the sword that was about to cut of her head and said "This is our country!"... oh man. This is what a good female character, and development is. She doesn't even have a legitimate name (Maid-Ane). Take notes everyone.

Just such a well-handled moment. It was refreshing to experience a speech of that level, I haven't felt this way for a while.

5/5
Oct 13, 2013 9:05 PM

Jun 2012
Girl was getting her ass beat, hero was chilling on the roof.

nice speech though.
Feb 6, 2014 10:59 PM
Aug 2012
awesome that they threw the rocks at Messenger boy. And when that guard was about to decapitate her for the first time: I want to know who threw the rock that jocked him. what a winner.
Mar 15, 2014 3:55 PM

Aug 2010
Wait who's that blue guy?? One of the demons probably?

And whats with the ending O.O Is that the spirit?? Or is that the mao?? confusing...
Dec 2, 2014 8:31 AM

Oct 2013
that entire episode i though she was going to fucking die damm they had me on the edge of my seat good episode great dialogue great episode
[/quote]
Jan 18, 2015 2:52 PM

Jul 2012
one of the stronger episodes indeed.

one of the few highlights in this show.

it's sad when a side character is more interesting than the big breasted mc.
Feb 6, 2015 8:58 PM

Jul 2014
That was an impressive speech, huge props to her ^_^
Mar 28, 2015 9:24 AM

Jan 2014
I'm pretty much pissed how they beat up the maid and the Hero just watched her get whacked by the asshole.... I can't say I love this episode, cause that's just too much, If I was the hero I would have prevented that early, he did say he can obliterate the other city with just him and his power but he can't cause its the demon lord's order not too... and again I don't like this episode... fucking hero so fucking lame-oh...

Martyrdom nice going maid... it may did got away in this series but as a whole, believe me what she did does not ... this kills you (reality)... I salute you.. but I seriously want to beat the crap out of those guys who whipped her and that old guy who bashed her head and the hero for watching her go through all that...
DeadZeroSourceMar 28, 2015 9:32 AM
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Apr 18, 2015 5:42 AM

May 2008
The speech was amazing but the hero was totally out of character in this episode. He should have saved her ASAP but dunno why the director/author decided it otherwise... even if it's because of the speech it could have been done better imo. The girl's head would be rolling on the ground if the king didn't saved her.
Aug 15, 2015 9:20 PM

Apr 2014
Thought they were gonna riot
---------My Profile------------
Nov 2, 2015 7:57 AM
May 2015
That's a very powerful speech
Mar 8, 2016 2:55 AM

Jan 2015
The speech made me all emotional (wtf I didn't expect this)...but, still why the fuckin' Hero didn't help her when they were lynching her??? SOMEHOW my back started to feel her pain....
Mar 19, 2016 11:40 PM

Jan 2016
The "I am Human" speech, while simple, can be categorized into one of the most powerful socio- political pieces in the history of fiction. It's that just amazing. It also quite accurately presented medieval society.
Aug 23, 2016 10:03 AM

Oct 2008
Oh look its another time where the "hero" has yet to do jack shit, wonder if its a on-going joke by now.

Anyway the whole speech would have been much better if it wasnt for the whole charade thing and people actually knew who was talking.
Dec 1, 2016 9:05 AM

Apr 2013
Damn, they did not kill that asshole? Kinda wanted to see him die :P
Jan 16, 2017 5:15 PM
Feb 2016
What Monad said (on March 7, 2013).
Feb 22, 2017 5:43 AM

Nov 2016
I liked how they dont made religion a bad thing but they made the church that well
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2013

219 by mogneto »»
Sep 18, 7:14 AM

Poll: » Do you think that anime season 2nd will be available in future?

SametTakao - Nov 6, 2023

13 by zazo_Zero_2 »»
Aug 17, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

465 by PankesuPlease »»
Jul 13, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2013

111 by Split_Head_77 »»
May 24, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

125 by Split_Head_77 »»
May 24, 8:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.