Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 6, 2012 6:32 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Great, great episode. Rikka was so cute. I liked the confession, it was really cute too.

I felt bad for Rikka's mom. She looked so nice, and obviously she cared deeply for Rikka by not telling her about her father. I feel like she'll be back.

Isshiki confessed too, which was funny and unexpected. Poor guy can't catch a break with Kumin sleeping.

This series has yet to disappoint. Definitely most underrated of the season.

P.S. Rikka's mom was beautiful.
takkun_Dec 6, 2012 6:36 PM
Dec 6, 2012 6:49 PM

Mar 2009
This show really surprised me. When I first heard about it I decided to watch it out of curiosity... but after 2 or 3 episodes I could tell it was going to be the best this season...

I was worried the confession was going to get screwed up somehow but it went amazingly well. Shame it ends in 2 episodes. I'd like a season 2.
Dec 6, 2012 6:51 PM

Nov 2007
This will go down in the history as one of the most amazing romance anime ever!

The confession scene was so damn amazing! I switched off to wonderland for a few minutes there! Watched the confession over and over again!

5/5. At this rate I am definitely going to bump the rating to a well deserved 10/10 but just waiting on the final two episodes! Best anime this season!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 6, 2012 7:46 PM

Jul 2012
That was a Awesome episode I loved the scene where Yauuta and Rikka Confessed to each other It was so cute Loved the ending when Rikka was singing her fathers favourite song at the end too 5/5
Dec 6, 2012 7:51 PM

Jul 2012
Great and emotional filled episode. Rikka and Yuuta are finally a couple! It took quite a while but they finally did it! Can't believe Rikka's mother would make an appearance in this episode. It was kind of shocking at the end. Yuuta finding out about Tooka moving was great. However, it's strange that the anime has such a concrete plot all of a sudden during the last few episodes. But, the insert song when Yuuta and Rikka confessed was great. I need to download it once it comes out. The beginning was comedic. I sort of thought there was a yuri aspect to Dekomori's character since she was all depressed when she heard Rikka loved Yuuta. Or it's just like a jealousy kind of thing where the master gives up her policies or something. Yuuta and Isshiki's moment was hilarious though. The pose Yuuta and Rikka did as the Dark Flame Master and Wicked Eye was epic. However, it all went downhill when Yuuta wonders if he was being irresponsible or not. The ending with Isshiki confessing and getting rejected made me feel kind of bad for the lad. The climax would have to be when Rikka sings the song her father liked and revealed that she took off the Wicked Eye. Great episode. Great developments. Great music. Overall, GREAT ANIME!
Dec 6, 2012 7:57 PM

Aug 2010
Decent episode, much better than the last one.
Dec 6, 2012 8:17 PM

Apr 2012
I should have recorded myself watching the confession scene cause I'm 100% sure I was smiling like a complete retard.
Dec 6, 2012 8:30 PM

Oct 2010
First of all I was not that much of a big fan of the whole Rikka x Yuuta stuff so I will say I am fine the insert song and setup of the romance but by far Clannad and Kimi ni Todoke outboast this way more. Quite simply the seriousness while this was more on the MOE/silly.

About Sanae, I liked her the most in the following,

Beating up on Shinka all the time can be seen as a infinite loop beyond of pleasure and fun. Quite simply being a Sanae owner I liked her more than before in this episode and as such found the episode more interesting due to her. Sanae essentially provided good comedy and feeling for me.

I find Shinka’s friends in the spoiler
that of Sato/Suzuki to be similar to Hyouka designs? Can it be? The forms look very familiar. However the comedy that Shinka provided was quite pleasing while arguing with them. Whom made out some more MOE.

About Rikka’s stone, most probably no one paid attention to what stone Rikka or for that matter why it would help in any way. Lucky I like using my brain a lot so I came up:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger%27s_eye
http://www.charmsoflight.com/tiger-eye-healing-properties.html
http://crystal-cure.com/catseye.html
With more than information to tell for sure it was her stone that set quite a number of luck and with her belief empowering it, I assume at most she got the benefits it brings.

About Rikka’s mother, that woman in the spoiler
HER LOOKS! SHE IS A MILF! SIGN ME UP NOW! I want her! Them girl is so mature and hot. Oooooooooooooooh, where are any guy who wants her? I would marry her, take care of Rikka and even go to her husband’s grave with her IRL. Damn, too bad lots of nice girls like her are left widows. Damn too bad. She is hot! So based on her eye colour, Touka must have the father’s eye colour IMO. Only Rikka got her mother’s ones.

About thee end, I am sorry I can’t agree with Yuuta’s ways. I AM PISSED OFF MAN! What was that shit? You force blurt out to someone at that time all this? Man forcing like that ain’t right. It should have been gradually, being called conditioning with proper elements. I know all students/psychologist would totally rage at him like me. YOU DON’T DO THAT! It can backfire. Just lucky I see that it somehow admirably worked. I am not sure where this is going to go but with chemical imbalances completely derailing.

Yuuta is lucky Rikka improved and not worsen. Ideally the creator was to do that but IRL it could have been a disaster. I am just shocked how much to reality that hits. Yuuta totally has no right in getting plagued by this at the moment he did. Yuuta should STFU and do the performance while not thinking about shit. After the performance stuff can start getting solved and progress. At least Rikka would have her fun share.

So that being said I don’t know where this going to go but Kudos in closing one relationship that of Rikka x Yuuta. I can only hope Rikka gets along with her mother and things go on for a possible S2 when the sister comes back and the mother leaves again. Or a S2 with lots of the mother.

That’s all and yeah I am a student graduate of Psychology from a College level.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 6, 2012 8:45 PM

Nov 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
quote for short

It's pretty much that Kimi ni todoke is a shoujo romance, and the way they imply the chars development is throughout every episode. When comparing a shounen romance like chuu2, and ofc Clannad, they showed us in a difference way, and the pace of the development is faster. (It takes ages for the couple in a shoujo romance to confess and be honest to themselves)

Romance in Chu2 is just great, it's pretty much on par Clannad(as I couldn't see any differences, except in later story, Clannad is more tragic, thus it amplifies the romance at the start, but both show were done by the same producer, I like them either way).
Dec 6, 2012 9:01 PM

Aug 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
First of all I was not that much of a big fan of the whole Rikka x Yuuta stuff so I will say I am fine the insert song and setup of the romance but by far Clannad and Kimi ni Todoke outboast this way more. Quite simply the seriousness while this was more on the MOE/silly.

I agree, especially with Kimi ni todoke. I find this show to be good but nothing special. The romance was just average IMO. The best part about this show was the comedy.
Dec 6, 2012 9:17 PM

Oct 2010
Takana_no_Hana said:
Yumekichi11 said:
quote for short

It's pretty much that Kimi ni todoke is a shoujo romance, and the way they imply the chars development is throughout every episode. When comparing a shounen romance like chuu2, and ofc Clannad, they showed us in a difference way, and the pace of the development is faster. (It takes ages for the couple in a shoujo romance to confess and be honest to themselves)

Romance in Chu2 is just great, it's pretty much on par Clannad(as I couldn't see any differences, except in later story, Clannad is more tragic, thus it amplifies the romance at the start, but both show were done by the same producer, I like them either way).
Guess it ran too fast for me then in the romance. Hence intensity wise it was not as was Kimi ni Todoke/ Clannad for me. I guess that's the best explanation for me.
Ragna92 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

I agree, especially with Kimi ni todoke. I find this show to be good but nothing special. The romance was just average IMO. The best part about this show was the comedy.
And the SFX/Imaginary matrix. But I think the show's main point is even people like Rikka or for that matter mentally ill people still have a chance at romance and for students in Rikka's/Yuuta's shoes I kudos the studio in achieving some form of hope in them for the ones that watch this show in Japan. Society wise.

Dec 6, 2012 9:54 PM

Dec 2011
Why didn't they did the Dark Flame Master vs. Wicked Eye?

Argh! I hope they do it in the last two episodes.

Anyways, I love how they finally confessed their feelings!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2012 10:08 PM

Nov 2009
Yumekichi11 said:

More like most of us haven't seen a good romance in a while, beside tonari this season. (not counting sukitte cause right now its pretty much a cliche shoujo). We were all fed up with harem, funny shiet, bad dev and plotless show. So, this show is like a fresh wind that makes us extremely enjoy. This reminds me of Toradora more than Clannad or Kimi ni Todoke, comedy mixed with romance and, drama later on. You can't take romance seriously with all the comedy stuffs at the start, but when it happens, it strikes hard.
Dec 6, 2012 11:02 PM

Jul 2008
Fuck me in the beard, Kyoani has finally(well, since 2005 anyway) made a show that I can give a score higher than 5.

Glad I toughed out the first half of the show, now I'm just hoping the show finishes strong.
Dec 6, 2012 11:39 PM
Jul 2012
Gahara_18 said:
This episode had everything, it was perfect.
Now I don't get why this anime's rating is still below 8.5.

probs cuz either not enough people have watched it yet and there are a lot of people who see kyoani and thus go into the show with tunnel vision on high and point out only the moe elements without paying attention to anything else. Also, the first few eps really didn't give those people who went in like that anymore reason to like the show in the first place.

Personally, this show is among the best of the season and of the year no doubt about it! I can't wait for the next ep XD
Dec 7, 2012 12:22 AM

Jan 2012
Ragna92 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

You're talking about this show as if;
1. It's over.
2. We've had romantic build-up for longer than 3 episodes.

Also I defy you or anyone to find a more adorable confession scene in anime.
Dec 7, 2012 12:44 AM

Jun 2009
Amon-Raw said:
katsu044 said:
so gooood~ normally not a big fan of confessions but that one almost gave me a heart attack

but i felt like there were way more random beatings this time around lol i want a gif of when Isshiki leaned on Yuutas shoulder then got slapped!

drama was also handled slightly better this time around wonder if Rikka will face reality

LOL that was hilarious when Isshiki leaned on his shoulder he got comboed lmao

In my mind I was like B, A ^ > lol. Had to watch it 6x before I was fully satisfied...annnd make that 7x XD wish I could see that frame by frame

THE MUSIC! THE ATMOSPHERE! THE CONFESSION! 0^^0 AWWWWWWW
Dec 7, 2012 1:20 AM
Dec 2011
Amazing. Love it. Glad she's growing out of her condition(chunnibyou). Hope to see some progress between yuuta and rikka.
Dec 7, 2012 2:00 AM

Jul 2012
Well they definitely didn't string the love story along too much. The whole story and character progression of Yuuta and Rikka has been awesome. This show has a been a good surprise all around.
Dec 7, 2012 2:13 AM

Nov 2009
Darkbeat said:
Ragna92 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

1. It's over.

I will second that, the confession in Clannad was simpler and it was based on the emotions we built up from watching it in the beginning.
Now if you watch it again( youtube, keyword: clannad confession), it's quite normal. I'm a sucker for romance, and I have to admit that chu2 confession is among the best confession I've seen so far in anime.
Dec 7, 2012 2:26 AM

Apr 2009
I don't wanna watch the next episode... Q_Q Loved the confession, was cute as heck but... I have this eerie feeling that a big block of drama is about to come up, I don't think that Yuuta's request is going to be taken as cleanly as a lot of people seem to be speculating...
Dec 7, 2012 2:39 AM

Jan 2012
Kitouski said:
I don't wanna watch the next episode... Q_Q Loved the confession, was cute as heck but... I have this eerie feeling that a big block of drama is about to come up, I don't think that Yuuta's request is going to be taken as cleanly as a lot of people seem to be speculating...

I wouldn't worry too much, for a few reasons. First of all, there's only two episodes left. Second of all, being overly-dramatic would be out of kilter with this show in general.

If I was to guess I'd say you will see Rikka trying to fulfill Yuuta's request, but Yuuta being the one to struggle over it. His reaction at the end of this episode was one of shock and concern, rather than relief. This is the girl he is in love with after all and though he had good intentions, I'm sure the last thing he wants is to change or hurt her (the REAL her).

Regardless, as I say, I doubt we'll see anything too dramatic. There's not the time and KyoAni have shown there's not really the inclination to make this show that way. I'm glad they have taken the angle they have. Yes there are serious moments, but it's a happy anime and could only possibly a happy conclusion. With that being just two episodes away, the only drama we'll see next episode will be the bare minimum to keep us hooked.
Dec 7, 2012 4:02 AM
Oct 2009
I am glad they are not stretching the show out, looks like it's going to end with one season, great episode!
Dec 7, 2012 4:03 AM

Mar 2012
Wow finally the eyepatch got taken off, NGHHH..!! Wonder if the chuunibyou was cured..
Claude_KennyDec 7, 2012 4:22 AM
Keep moving forward
Dec 7, 2012 4:03 AM

Sep 2010
kyo ani too gud
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2012 8:01 AM

Mar 2008
I MUST SAY THIS! STOP THIS INJUSTICE!

Miagete Goran Yoru no Hoshi wo, is NOT, Rikka's song, NOT!
That's AZUMI's SONG!

Dec 7, 2012 8:03 AM

Apr 2011
DAT Confession BGM! I want it so BAD!!!
Dec 7, 2012 8:40 AM

Nov 2009
Leonard93 said:
kyo ani too gud
and moe XDD
Dec 7, 2012 9:01 AM
May 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
Darkbeat said:
Ragna92 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

1. It's over.

I will second that, the confession in Clannad was simpler and it was based on the emotions we built up from watching it in the beginning.
Now if you watch it again( youtube, keyword: clannad confession), it's quite normal. I'm a sucker for romance, and I have to admit that chu2 confession is among the best confession I've seen so far in anime.

why are guys even comparing chuuni to clannad!
clannad was created 5 years ago! it was then by far the best!
it fulfilled its purpose! you guys are morons for even comparing old and new!

talking about confessions i watched the dubbed version of clannad so my thought was tomoya's voice didn't match the environment! so chuuni's confession was good!(clannad is better still)
So if you guys want confessions with impact then watch ichigo 100% (confession between tsukasa and junpei!)
Dec 7, 2012 9:01 AM

Oct 2010
Darkbeat said:
Ragna92 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

1. It's over.

How about Zero no Tsukaima one? It was damn close IMO to this one.
Ragna92 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

EXACTLY! And the MOE too.

Dec 7, 2012 9:13 AM
May 2012
Darkbeat said:
Kitouski said:

I wouldn't worry too much, for a few reasons. First of all, there's only two episodes left. Second of all, being overly-dramatic would be out of kilter with this show in general.

If I was to guess I'd say you will see Rikka trying to fulfill Yuuta's request, but Yuuta being the one to struggle over it. His reaction at the end of this episode was one of shock and concern, rather than relief. This is the girl he is in love with after all and though he had good intentions, I'm sure the last thing he wants is to change or hurt her (the REAL her).

Regardless, as I say, I doubt we'll see anything too dramatic. There's not the time and KyoAni have shown there's not really the inclination to make this show that way. I'm glad they have taken the angle they have. Yes there are serious moments, but it's a happy anime and could only possibly a happy conclusion. With that being just two episodes away, the only drama we'll see next episode will be the bare minimum to keep us hooked.

its funny but i second that!what can be so dramatic in just 12 episodes!
some guys are even saying will rikka's chuunibyou will cure or something?

what are you in grade school!after watching this much anime you are saying things like that!!!!blockhead!
my guess is 11th episode rikka will try to be a normal girl and end the end yuuta will think she is kind of distant!then at the 12th episode she will make up with her mother and yuuta then go back to wicked eye!!!thats what i think!
Dec 7, 2012 10:06 AM
Oct 2010
ijen said:
Butthurt much?
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Dec 7, 2012 10:53 AM
Dec 2010
fuk the romance, i'm watching this for Dekomori <3
dat Mjolnir 4x boost, badass.
Dec 7, 2012 12:36 PM

Apr 2011
rvaldez5987 said:
This show really surprised me. When I first heard about it I decided to watch it out of curiosity... but after 2 or 3 episodes I could tell it was going to be the best this season...

I was worried the confession was going to get screwed up somehow but it went amazingly well. Shame it ends in 2 episodes. I'd like a season 2.

Don't worry, kyoani are doing their best in this show. I was hoping chuuni to become romance from the beginning and it did come true and I was fearing a second season that could ruin the whole show but I'm really really happy how kyoani is doing this so I fear no more! Still... I hate waiting...
Dec 7, 2012 12:36 PM

Aug 2010
almlima said:
fuk the romance, i'm watching this for Dekomori <3
dat Mjolnir 4x boost, badass.

What about when she added flail heads to her twintails (REALLY making them twinflails)?
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Dec 7, 2012 1:00 PM

May 2012
I cried three times during this episode. It was so cute.
Dec 7, 2012 1:30 PM

Oct 2011
Last week Iwas displeased with Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai’s current plot trajectory. Give me comedy, not romance and drama. Or at least that’s what I thought. Kyoto Animation knocks this episode out of the park. It’s visually stunning, unflinching, and I’m glad to say my earlier criticisms were unwarranted.

The plot is actually certainly moving along; Rikka and Yuuta confess their love for each other. This was unexpected; normally something like this is saved for the last episode. But it all came out and that scene gave me goosebumps. The rain, lights, and soundtrack made this easily one of the best scenes in any anime this season. I flipping loved it.

The drama with Rikka’s family was brilliantly executed. I began to feel bad for her sister and mother. They’re really trying, but she refuses to face reality. Yuuta telling Rikka to take off her eye-patch is what made this an upper echelon episode, though. This one is going to be hard to top. Best episode period.
Dec 7, 2012 3:11 PM
Feb 2012
I liked the episode, the humor that was absent in episode 9 is back.
I really wanted to see Kumin and Isshiki hook up, but the sleep reaction was priceless though.
Favorite quote of all time:

'Nagisa, I’ve found it. I finally found it. Something only I can protect. A precious treasure only I can protect. It was right here. Right in front of me…all along…' - Okazaki Tomoya
Dec 7, 2012 5:02 PM

Sep 2008
Dat confession... was so cute hgggnnnn :3
Dec 7, 2012 5:25 PM

Aug 2011
I always have to remind myself to keep watching to see if there's anything after the credits.

No more chuunibyou for Rikka?
Dec 7, 2012 7:13 PM

Oct 2011
OH MY GOD!!!
I can't belive how much I am likeing this show!!!
IT WAS SO CUTE WHEN THEY CONFESED!
Dec 7, 2012 9:19 PM

Mar 2011
sooooooooooooooo darn good!!!!
Dec 7, 2012 10:30 PM

Apr 2011
chanotek said:
I always have to remind myself to keep watching to see if there's anything after the credits.

No more chuunibyou for Rikka?

I would love to see Rikka in her normal behaviour or a bit more normal and that's the way this show is supposed to go since chuunibyou is a problem to be resolved in it. And if there is a second season I would love to see Rikka fighting for yuuta in her normal state (or a bit normal) and acting chuuni way sometimes just for fun (or maybe kyoani can do it even better).
TormentedDec 7, 2012 10:33 PM
Dec 8, 2012 12:10 AM

Jun 2010
That Confession really made my day
can't wait for next.. wait, only 2 eps left?
Dec 8, 2012 2:31 AM

Jan 2011
Oh how I love the romance in this anime. <3 Confessions from both Rikka and Yuuta were so cute. Dammit this how episode was filled with cuteness. HNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG

Rikka took off her eyepatch and contact too! NO MORE CHUUNIBYOU?! OH MY... :DD
Dec 8, 2012 4:31 AM
Jun 2009
Nibutani, may mock you, abuse you, but when you are down, she's always there helping you T______T my waifu.
Dec 8, 2012 4:47 AM
Oct 2012
too many sweetnes and cuteness I will die with happy face ( kawaiiiii ) LOL

this episode I'm waiting so far .. rika and dark flame master confession to each other I can't help it but feeling happy from sweetness OMG

and I want to ask something about background sound when confesion in the river about title of the song they play ??

gomen if my english not good enough
Dec 8, 2012 8:20 AM
Jan 2010
Can this show end already? I haven't been feeling it at all after it became all SERIOUS.

Edit: also wooooooooooooooooooooow look at all of you getting excited over that absolutely generic "confession". wow man.
Dec 8, 2012 9:46 AM

Dec 2011
At first: So cute, later so sad
Dec 8, 2012 10:20 AM
Nov 2012
<font><font>tormented210</font></font> said:
AO968 said:
I loved this episode, except for the terribly misplaced ED. Seriously, KyoAni, you couldn't just continue with Rikka's heartfelt song and follow up with the post-credits scene after that?

From what I read, it's likely that Yuuta forced Rikka between facing reality and choose him, or stay hidden behind her eyepatch for all her life and never learn what true love is. Seems like she chose the first, though it doesn't look like she's gonna accept it that easily. Now she knows that she has to try harder to win him over.

tormented210 said:
I dont think there is any good material to start a second season, if this ends with yuuta and rikka together there is no point to ruin this fantastic history just because fans wants a forced second season.

There are two novels out, and the anime barely touched upon the first volume. Plus, there is one more character that we haven't seen yet, who shows up in the second volume, and she'll pretty much test how strong Yuuta's relationship with Rikka will be.

The anime adaptation is not following loyaly the light novel. And yeah I've heard of that character and I have an idea that she was introduced in the first volume (not the second, give-me feedback with link to the right information if I'm really wrong ) so for what I've learned It's complicated to find an apealing resume to the plot in anime adaptation.

Yuta's words: it is the first time I hug a girl ... this cruelly ignoring Satone shichimiya .. because .. Yuta of the novel is different .. and has also been ignored Kazari
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2012

677 by inv1dia »»
Sep 6, 11:31 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 12, 2012

491 by HoneyBees91 »»
Aug 29, 10:11 AM

» ~is Rikka mentally challagended/retarded?

NunoTheDudeYT - Aug 10

40 by Lewa0077 »»
Aug 18, 8:15 AM

» A genuine question to you

lightning_angad7 - Jul 3

37 by Valkay »»
Jul 24, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2012

296 by Yugoslavianwolf »»
Jul 17, 5:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.