Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Oct 14, 2012 5:02 AM

Nov 2011
ssjokg said:
rederoin said:
ssjokg said:
rederoin said:
ssjokg said:
amare135 said:
rederoin said:
I think its time to drop this series.
You're going to drop this series at episode 14? lmao

You expect logic from them?I am sure he will watch the next ep too.

What logic?

All I said I was going to drop to series, why do you act so offended?

I have read the same post from many users yet they still watch every episode that comes out.Like,what was the point of saying it?

I dont really care.But Ii just cant see the logic behind this.

So i'm the same kind of user?

Thank you for assuming that from me. When I say "I'm dropping this", I really mean "i'm dropping this". I don't have a hidden agenda or anything like that. It will stay at 15/25 till the end of time.

Is it weird to assume that when I saw it several times in every ep thread?Sorry if I offended you but I cant help but think like that after seeing it so many times.

Good for you, but i'm still not a clone of those users.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Oct 14, 2012 5:11 AM

Jul 2011
Damn, new OP theme and some "new" characters xD
Totally awesome episode with some small drama. ^^

Sister and brother who are actually cousins.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Oct 14, 2012 5:15 AM
Sep 2011
rederoin said:

well good for you then, just make sure we won't see any of your post ever again starting in next ep discussion, or else you're such a douche :P
Oct 14, 2012 5:21 AM

Aug 2009
Nidhoeggr said:
amare135 said:
rederoin said:
amare135 said:
rederoin said:
I think its time to drop this series.
You're going to drop this series at episode 14? lmao

episode 15*

What is the problem?
Just seems like a waste of time to me, I would still want to know how it ends etc.

Jesus saves the princess, Bowser escapes and next year we'll get New Super SAO Siblings 2.

Really funny ....The only difference Guts and Casca have with Kirito and Asuna is...that Guts is an only child.Pls dont go in details about how different they are,I know I have read the manga...But the whole "save the princess" premise is the same.
Oct 14, 2012 5:24 AM

Apr 2009
It's just that the execution here is horrible.
Also, there isn't a cousin in Berserk that wants Guts' dick.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 14, 2012 5:26 AM

Aug 2009
Gaichi said:
Damn, new OP theme and some "new" characters xD
Totally awesome episode with some small drama. ^^

Sister and brother who are actually cousins.

there's also Lizbet.And I think it is obvious that
Oct 14, 2012 5:41 AM

Aug 2009
Nidhoeggr said:
It's just that the execution here is horrible.
Also, there isn't a cousin in Berserk that wants Guts' dick.

I can say the same for that arc in Berserk.There is nothing like an evil inquisitor that makes the readers as mad as possible.Especially if you really hate the real history events.If the problem is the villains then they arent so different(with the difference that in Berserk that guy wasnt all talk).And SAO is a shounen.It would either be someone that wants to conquer the world(not sure how it would work here) or someone that would take the MC's girl away.
We dont know.Guts has no family.The story is set in a medieval setting.What would happen if there was a cousin/sister?99% chances she wouldnt love him but it wouldnt be weird if it was like this.
Oct 14, 2012 5:46 AM

Apr 2009
ssjokg said:

We dont know.Guts has no family.The story is set in a medieval setting.What would happen if there was a cousin/sister?99% chances she wouldnt love him but it wouldnt be weird if it was like this.

It would be because it is as you said: The chances are very slim and the setting and the previous arcs made it clear that there are lines which are a no-go. The whole Farnese and Serpico relationship is also about moral dilemmas concerning this partuclar case and so far every other family-intern relationship has be shown in a ver, very bad light (Charlotte and her father is the most bovious one here).
Oct 14, 2012 5:49 AM

Apr 2011
Wow that Pedo guy is such a douchebag seriously. By reading the comments people say he is the biggest douche in the series, I believe that since I haven't read the novel. Great episode overall and I love the OP but I prefer the old ED more.
Oct 14, 2012 5:55 AM

Sep 2010
ssjokg said:

Really funny ....The only difference Guts and Casca have with Kirito and Asuna is...that Guts is an only child.Pls dont go in details about how different they are,I know I have read the manga...But the whole "save the princess" premise is the same.

Hilarous, you are comparing berserk with sao...

Berserk spoiler down:

War_lotharOct 14, 2012 5:58 AM
Oct 14, 2012 5:55 AM

Sep 2011
God this episode was so damn boring.
Aaand of course, the sister/cousin/whatever HAD to want his dick.Seriously, what do they see in him?
That rapist guy suddenly smelling Asuna's hair was fucking hilarious and came outta nowhere.And then Kirito goes crying to his imouto.

This show is a riot, the opening made me laugh my ass off like nothing else.Dropping the show right now would actually be the best decision since uh, the game that it's NAMED AFTER is over.But I won't drop it because I like laughing.

And what's this I see, people comparing this load of shit to a great manga like Berserk?What the hell.
Oct 14, 2012 5:58 AM

Sep 2010
I don't think it's very realistic that sister falls in love with her brother, blood relation or not. So why do I see this in anime so often...
Oct 14, 2012 5:59 AM

Aug 2009
Nidhoeggr said:
ssjokg said:

It would be because it is as you said: The chances are very slim and the setting and the previous arcs made it clear that there are lines which are a no-go. The whole Farnese and Serpico relationship is also about moral dilemmas concerning this partuclar case and so far every other family-intern relationship has be shown in a ver, very bad light (Charlotte and her father is the most bovious one here).

Both of those relationships have the status problem. Especially Farnese and Serpico.And Charlotte was the princess and was in love with Griffith,why would she accept her own fatherR?.We KNOW that in those times marriage between siblings and cousins was normal.
Oct 14, 2012 6:03 AM

Aug 2009
rainvalley said:
I don't think it's very realistic that sister falls in love with her brother, blood relation or not. So why do I see this in anime so often...

Bad or not it does happen in real life.Thats why you see it.
Oct 14, 2012 6:04 AM

Dec 2009
no one else thought that his cousin just slipping into bed next to him was creepy?
Oct 14, 2012 6:06 AM

Apr 2009
ssjokg said:
[
Both of those relationships have the status problem. Especially Farnese and Serpico.And Charlotte was the princess and was in love with Griffith,why would she accept her own fatherR?.We KNOW that in those times marriage between siblings and cousins was normal.

Both examples were to prove that Miura depicts sexuality between family members in a very negative way. Of course Charlotte doesn't want to be raped by her own father... also, in Berserk the people are very aware of their moral dilemmas.
And while marriage between cousins and other famiyl members was normal in royalty, the law concerning the marriage between commoners was a bit different.
Oct 14, 2012 6:07 AM

Aug 2009
War_lothar said:
ssjokg said:

Berserk spoiler down:

You know the arc with that inquisitor?Yeah it was the same.Knight saving the princess is not to be taken literally because last time I checked Kirito isnt a knight either.Just because Guts and Ciasca have a lot better char development than all of SAO chars and the villain wasnt stealing the "girlfriend" it doesnt make the premise any different.
Oct 14, 2012 6:09 AM
May 2012
Wow, another time skip couldn't they have shown us how kirito recovers, oh well Awesome episode!!
New OP and ED was done well.

Oct 14, 2012 6:10 AM
Aug 2011
I don't even feel the need to say anything bad about this episode.
*sigh*
1/5
Oct 14, 2012 6:11 AM

Apr 2009
BatmanSoup said:
no one else thought that his cousin just slipping into bed next to him was creepy?

The normal people here thought this way.
And then there are the harem junkies...
Oct 14, 2012 6:14 AM

Sep 2010
ssjokg said:
War_lothar said:
ssjokg said:

Berserk spoiler down:

You know the arc with that inquisitor?Yeah it was the same.Knight saving the princess is not to be taken literally because last time I checked Kirito isnt a knight either.Just because Guts and Ciasca have a lot better char development than all of SAO chars and the villain wasnt stealing the "girlfriend" it doesnt make the premise any different.

Differences in the premise doesn't make the premise any different. OK good argument. They are not similar at all, and i could search for more examples, but i'm not going to discuss something obvious. So you win xD .
Oct 14, 2012 6:14 AM

Apr 2011
amare135 said:
xzomega said:
AirStyles said:
Wait... The dude sleep for 2 years... had 2 month of rehab, and is putting up a fight against the national middle school top-8 kendo girl...

Worse... he used a very unorthodox style and is actually holding his ground against Kendo (Very well rounded martial art, refined over several centuries.) I expected Suguha to ground Kirito in less 3 moves.

this. though the thing i still cant accept is how kirito's popular among every single girl even though he's just another NEET. let me remind those who have forgotten online game =/= real life. you can beat the final boss, have hax skills but that doesn't prove shit in real life.
Sword Art Online isn't "just" an online game though, I mean people actually died from it in real life.

you're right, though it doesn't change the fact that it is just a game, because it doesn't reflect real life situations. which is why i don't get what's so "cool" about kirito to the fact that girls want to marry him even though they haven't seen him in real life. i'm pretty sure you don't need "survival skills" (as in battles) in usual real life situations and i don't think having immense amount of game knowledge will help in the business world either. (and lets just ignore that kirito had beta knowledge of the game, was at least 10 lvl higher than other users, had unique skill, and other unreal advantages)
Oct 14, 2012 6:18 AM

Mar 2008
Lol, people crying about the series going downhill. Probably 95% of you haven't read the light novels, so you have no idea where the series is going. It only gets better, that I can promise. If you want to drop it now, do so, it's your own loss. You won't know what you missed out on.
Oct 14, 2012 6:22 AM

Sep 2012
Why does Asuna look so healthy in this episode?
Oct 14, 2012 6:23 AM

Aug 2009
War_lothar said:
ssjokg said:
War_lothar said:
ssjokg said:

Berserk spoiler down:

Differences in the premise doesn't make the premise any different. OK good argument. They are not similar at all, and i could search for more examples, but i'm not going to discuss something obvious. So you win xD .

No pls expalin how that arc was any different.The girl is in danger and the guy jumps in to save her USELESS ass.
SetsukoHara said:

Do I have to say how much the studio sucks again?
QuanticNova said:
Lol, people crying about the series going downhill. Probably 95% of you haven't read the light novels, so you have no idea where the series is going. It only gets better, that I can promise. If you want to drop it now, do so, it's your own loss. You won't know what you missed out on.

It has better arcs yeah.But I guarantee that they wont like them.
Oct 14, 2012 6:49 AM

Sep 2010
ssjokg said:

No pls expalin how that arc was any different.The girl is in danger and the guy jumps in to save her USELESS ass.

At first you were talking about all berserk, not an arc, that is obvious wrong. If you are talking about the premise of boy saves girl, ill agree with you that it is the same in that arc. Anyway berserk isn't a good example. That history about arranged marriage, being an oujo-sama, bad guy after her, class differences (that was my point about the princess rich and poor), etc... It is not similar to berserk at all, you could search for other examples that are much more similar than it.
War_lotharOct 14, 2012 6:54 AM
Oct 14, 2012 6:54 AM

Mar 2008
War_lothar said:
It has better arcs yeah.But I guarantee that they wont like them.

Shame, too. I love the third arc, will be so great when it gets animated.

But to stay on topic, if someone doesn't like this arc so far, they should watch the episode again. A lot of subtle hints to show what's to come.
Oct 14, 2012 6:54 AM

Aug 2009
War_lothar said:
ssjokg said:

At first you were talking at first about all berserk, not an arc, that is obvious wrong. If you are talking about the premise of boy saves girl, ill agree with you that it is the same in that arc. Anyway berserk isn't a good example. That history about arranged marriage, being an oujo-sama, bad guy after her, class differences (that was my point about the princess rich and poor), etc... It is not similar to berserk at all, you could search for other examples that are much more similar than it.

I was arguing with Nidhoeggr about the new premise.It wasnt about their status but about the "rescue mission".
Oct 14, 2012 6:59 AM

Sep 2010
ssjokg said:

I was arguing with Nidhoeggr about the new premise.It wasnt about their status but about the "rescue mission".

OK, ok sorry for the interference :) . Only I read the beserk part and it sounded to me strange, sorry anyway.
Oct 14, 2012 7:01 AM

Aug 2009
War_lothar said:
ssjokg said:

OK, ok sorry for the interference :) . Only I read the beserk part and it sounded to me strange, sorry anyway.

I just like SAO.I am not retarded enough to think that they are the same in every arc/char or that SAO is better.
Oct 14, 2012 7:14 AM
Jul 2018
That guy creeps me out T.T
Oct 14, 2012 7:38 AM
Jul 2011
Creepy guy is creepy.
Oct 14, 2012 7:40 AM
Sep 2012
boring as hell, waiting for next ep
Oct 14, 2012 8:02 AM

Sep 2011
rainvalley said:

'Cause it's the otaku's latest fetish, that's why.I personally find it disgusting since I have a brother myself.
Oct 14, 2012 8:14 AM

Feb 2008
SetsukoHara said:

Because God forbid they made her look skinny. Otaku would boycott the show and the sales would drop. Or maybe she was just too fat. Yeah, she was just fat. The show's doing great.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 14, 2012 8:22 AM

Aug 2011
Except Kirito is a decent protagonist, unlike piggy.
Oct 14, 2012 8:25 AM

Nov 2009
Oct 14, 2012 8:36 AM

Oct 2010
skapandi said:
rainvalley said:

'Cause it's the otaku's latest fetish, that's why.I personally find it disgusting since I have a brother myself.
Cause it's a plague of the world and Japanese thinks that they are afflicted the most with it over the generations. That's all and just my IMO.
Takana_no_Hana said:

Asuna elvish full picture <3
I prefer the modded version:

the colors are fuller IMO but there are so many tweeks that can be done with this pic. Like the one above. I call this one HOLY LIGHT spotting. It's insane really the variations that can be done to this pic.
EstelleBright said:
Except Kirito is a decent protagonist, unlike piggy.
NO JUST NO! Kirito is way too idealistic while Haruyuki I find realistic cause of his fatness. Most people aren't perfect like Kirito.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 14, 2012 8:44 AM
Sep 2011
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/sao-15-122.gif

I want moar NTR

YAY, several NTR like this will appear throughout the series, and one BIG final NTR of the year scene xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Oct 14, 2012 8:48 AM

Aug 2009
HibiChouchou said:
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/sao-15-122.gif

I want moar NTR

YAY, several NTR like this will appear throughout the series, and one BIG final NTR of the year scene xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

The thing is..will it be uncensored?
Oct 14, 2012 8:56 AM

Aug 2012
Fai said:
Another fracking great episode and this show continues to be brilliant.

Love the little quirks and habits Kirito has from spending 2 years in a totally different world with totally different rules. Also nice to see more of his flawed vulnerable side, but I doubt that will shut up all the irrational hate he got from some people. Seriously, Kirito is amongst some of the most realistic and un-marysue-esque protagonists to ever be created.

The new characters introduced are also interesting and likeable, well except the villain who, is perfectly crafted to be a disgusting and hateful human being, which brings a nice contrast from "nice" and detached sociopath Kayaba.

LancelotTypeZero said:
nina4life said:
So what's the big point even if they get married?

After getting back to normal world she can flat out break that marriage in seconds on any single court in the world. But than again, it's not really normal world out there so I guess that would be impossible.

Oh well, let's see where this goes.

Would you want to see the person you loved married to a douche like (kill him) that let alone touch her the way he did (he must die) its only natural for people to rage. (Burn him, burn him with fire!!)

NOt to mention that I kind of doubt he plans to just stop with touching.

So yeah, Kirito has every right to be angry and distressed about Asuna possibly being raped while unconscious.
anika12332 said:

ya that old guy! how on earth can Asuna's dad even agree to marry off his daughter to that old guy?! Asuna is JUST 17 for god's sake @_@

Marrying off younger woman to far older man is quite common practice in Japan.

Takana_no_Hana said:
Peter_Perry said:

Anyways, why did she cry "But Onii-chan's heart belongs to only that girl"?

Lol that's because she knows that he will never love her, cause he's faithful to Asuna ...
It's common sense man ...

Alongside the fact that he views her as his sister and only as his sister.
Fai said:
Another fracking great episode and this show continues to be brilliant.

Love the little quirks and habits Kirito has from spending 2 years in a totally different world with totally different rules. Also nice to see more of his flawed vulnerable side, but I doubt that will shut up all the irrational hate he got from some people. Seriously, Kirito is amongst some of the most realistic and un-marysue-esque protagonists to ever be created.

The new characters introduced are also interesting and likeable, well except the villain who, is perfectly crafted to be a disgusting and hateful human being, which brings a nice contrast from "nice" and detached sociopath Kayaba.

LancelotTypeZero said:
nina4life said:
So what's the big point even if they get married?

After getting back to normal world she can flat out break that marriage in seconds on any single court in the world. But than again, it's not really normal world out there so I guess that would be impossible.

Oh well, let's see where this goes.

Would you want to see the person you loved married to a douche like (kill him) that let alone touch her the way he did (he must die) its only natural for people to rage. (Burn him, burn him with fire!!)

NOt to mention that I kind of doubt he plans to just stop with touching.

So yeah, Kirito has every right to be angry and distressed about Asuna possibly being raped while unconscious.
anika12332 said:

ya that old guy! how on earth can Asuna's dad even agree to marry off his daughter to that old guy?! Asuna is JUST 17 for god's sake @_@

Marrying off younger woman to far older man is quite common practice in Japan.

Takana_no_Hana said:
Peter_Perry said:

Anyways, why did she cry "But Onii-chan's heart belongs to only that girl"?

Lol that's because she knows that he will never love her, cause he's faithful to Asuna ...
It's common sense man ...

Alongside the fact that he views her as his sister and only as his sister.
It was really sweet to see them together. *No incest feeling here!* xD
Oct 14, 2012 9:13 AM
Jul 2012
what does the antagonist fuck asuna while kiritos forced to watch?
Oct 14, 2012 9:20 AM

Jun 2009
JavierR said:

Have you ever seen the hentai "Kite"?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2012 9:23 AM
Sep 2011
Peter_Perry said:
----

Dude fking fix your quotation code and your post, I can't fken distinguish em'
Oct 14, 2012 9:24 AM

Aug 2012
JavierR said:
I asked about that and it turns out
Oct 14, 2012 9:25 AM

Sep 2012
JavierR said:

I am not sure what you want to ask as your question does not make sense. If I said "What does a man fuck a girl while her boyfriendS forced to watch", do you know what I mean? Besides, what do you mean by "kiritos" with a "s"?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 14, 2012 9:27 AM
Jul 2012
AirStyles said:
JavierR said:

no
Oct 14, 2012 9:28 AM

Jun 2009
JavierR said:
AirStyles said:
JavierR said:

no

watch it for reference. It's a pretty good hentai.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2012 9:30 AM
Jul 2012
AirStyles said:
JavierR said:
AirStyles said:
JavierR said:

no

watch it for reference. It's a pretty good hentai.

i will but my parents are home... so ill watch it tommorow
Oct 14, 2012 9:30 AM

Jul 2007
xzomega said:
amare135 said:
xzomega said:
AirStyles said:
Wait... The dude sleep for 2 years... had 2 month of rehab, and is putting up a fight against the national middle school top-8 kendo girl...

Worse... he used a very unorthodox style and is actually holding his ground against Kendo (Very well rounded martial art, refined over several centuries.) I expected Suguha to ground Kirito in less 3 moves.

this. though the thing i still cant accept is how kirito's popular among every single girl even though he's just another NEET. let me remind those who have forgotten online game =/= real life. you can beat the final boss, have hax skills but that doesn't prove shit in real life.
Sword Art Online isn't "just" an online game though, I mean people actually died from it in real life.

you're right, though it doesn't change the fact that it is just a game, because it doesn't reflect real life situations. which is why i don't get what's so "cool" about kirito to the fact that girls want to marry him even though they haven't seen him in real life. i'm pretty sure you don't need "survival skills" (as in battles) in usual real life situations and i don't think having immense amount of game knowledge will help in the business world either. (and lets just ignore that kirito had beta knowledge of the game, was at least 10 lvl higher than other users, had unique skill, and other unreal advantages)

Wrong.

It is not keyboard skills like current generation games. It all depends on user's own mind, prowess and reflexes.

Not to mention that Kirito STILL saved a frackload of people with his actions .

Also yes, extensive knowledge of inner games workings and game development companies ARE actually quite a good pro for getting a job in game industry.

Few years ago you would be right, but right now being that good at video games, world-wide good, earns quite a reputation. And this is happening 200 or so years after present days.

Even those who would not care about "some video game", would comprehend him as "that guy who saved thousands of people by putting his own life on the line". It does not matter that it was "virtual", it was just as real.

That's the thing with virtuality. AS the technology advances, the line between virtuality and reality becomes thinner and thinner.
AhenshihaelOct 14, 2012 10:23 AM
Pages (16) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » is it just me, or do you guys also like asuna a lot? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Yesterday

61 by imjayhime »»
45 minutes ago

» SAO watch order

18s - 11 hours ago

12 by akatsukinoluna »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2012

492 by ItsXolo »»
Sep 15, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Aug 25, 2012

535 by AliQasim22 »»
Sep 13, 12:37 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

951 by Rexnihilo »»
Sep 7, 11:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.