Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »
Sep 4, 2012 7:46 AM

Sep 2012
It's not usual for a tsundere to take such a long nap on the main character before the begin of their relation. I kinda hoped a Pk from the killer guild :p
Sep 4, 2012 7:48 AM

Jan 2008
Immahnoob said:
Zeando said:
Avenir said:
Nice episode. Dual Blade, epic moment. I thought that Asuna died because of the time she spent on Kirito but it seems that this is not the case, too bad: p
to me it looked like she was taking a nap ._.

Yeah, long hugging is okay, but what Asuna did looked like she went sleeping to me.

She went afk.
Sep 4, 2012 7:52 AM

Feb 2011
Paul said:
Immahnoob said:
Zeando said:
Avenir said:
Nice episode. Dual Blade, epic moment. I thought that Asuna died because of the time she spent on Kirito but it seems that this is not the case, too bad: p
to me it looked like she was taking a nap ._.

Yeah, long hugging is okay, but what Asuna did looked like she went sleeping to me.

She went afk.
or she was lagging too xD

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Sep 4, 2012 7:55 AM

Aug 2007
Kirito is really amazing. I was like O.o when I saw his Hp. a bit longer and he's dead
Sep 4, 2012 8:51 AM
Apr 2011
Love the episode very friggin much imo it was 10/10 overall , starting from Back Ground Music , Action , Hugs , Facial lovely expressions of lizbet & really kirito was so amazing in this episode so kewl, i loved how asuna showed so much emotional expressions and feelings for kirito in this episode how she shared food, rushed to save the solidiers so he went to save her even tho Klein said i loved how u went to save the solidiers i think he went only for asuna cuz of the flashback reminding him of sachi =) , well anyway really best episode so far, can't wait for the next episode to see if asuna will stay with kirito and kirito will remain a solo player or he will join the guild eventually ;) regards sao fans <3 .
Sep 4, 2012 12:44 PM
Jun 2012
4/5
First good episode...... since the first episode. -__-
Sep 4, 2012 12:54 PM

Jul 2012
Neowu said:
Kenju said:
Danyn said:
"Faster, faster, faster, I need to go faster!"

Sounds like another protagonist...

.........Because he wanted to go faster?......

Sex. He's referring to sex.

Definitely not, you can clearly see the Kirito was being an S in the boss fight.
Sep 4, 2012 3:11 PM
Jul 2011
Loved this episode. Dual Wield ftw! :D
Sep 4, 2012 3:17 PM

Mar 2012
I wish they showed what the situation in the real world is like, anyone with me on that? Would be a lot more interesting than most of the goings on of the show so far.

Deziah said:
4/5

Yeah, the first episode was definitely the best.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 4, 2012 3:28 PM

Feb 2012
Post-Josh said:
I wish they showed what the situation in the real world is like, anyone with me on that? Would be a lot more interesting than most of the goings on of the show so far.

Deziah said:
4/5

Yeah, the first episode was definitely the best.

Don't worry. They'll probably show it when the show is at it's climax.
Sep 4, 2012 3:37 PM

Jul 2009
Post-Josh said:

They should if ALO is part of the deal
Sep 4, 2012 3:47 PM

Mar 2012
HauntingShock said:

That's good to hear, although I still think they should show it every few episodes, if only briefly. Just to increase the tension and remind the viewers of the gravity of the situation. I for one, only feel slightly sad when people die, and I think the lack of real world coverage is partially to blame for that.

sbg711 said:

What's that? If you can only explain with spoilers though, then I'm good, haha.
LoneWolf said:
Sep 4, 2012 3:48 PM

Jan 2008
Post-Josh said:
HauntingShock said:

That's good to hear, although I still think they should show it every few episodes, if only briefly. Just to increase the tension and remind the viewers of the gravity of the situation. I for one, only feel slightly sad when people die, and I think the lack of real world coverage is partially to blame for that.

sbg711 said:

What's that? If you can only explain with spoilers though, then I'm good, haha.

Yea, it's a major spoiler.
Sep 4, 2012 5:15 PM

Nov 2010
I really enjoyed this episode well done, love this episode!
Sep 4, 2012 5:19 PM

Jul 2012
I wonder, why he had such a problem with hp? Didn't he possess some sort of regeneration... like a Battle Healing, which was introduced few episodes ago?

Oh wait, it was side story that brought up many inconsistencies, which in turn were not in main story.

I wonder if anyone bothers to read a script for this anime.

Meh, I guess I should spare myself this adaptation stuff. Reading stuff has an advantage of me compensating with imagination.

May come back to check if there is a flame war going on though.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."

Whatever I write is most likely my opinion, which is based on information I learnt, not universal truth.
You may disagree.

MAL forums are more entertaining than anime themselves.
Sep 4, 2012 5:22 PM

Jan 2008
BuliTM said:
I wonder, why he had such a problem with hp? Didn't he possess some sort of regeneration... like a Battle Healing, which was introduced few episodes ago?

Oh wait, it was side story that brought up many inconsistencies, which in turn were not in main story.

I wonder if anyone bothers to read a script for this anime.

Meh, I guess I should spare myself this adaptation stuff. Reading stuff has an advantage of me compensating with imagination.

May come back to check if there is a flame war going on though.

The HP thing has been mentioned several times. You can simply say, that this point of the game, the amount of HP he healed solo-ing that boss would have not matter at all in the amount of time he had fought it. He's not a tank.

As for flame wars, we have 30 pages.
Sep 4, 2012 7:13 PM

May 2012
It wasn't a bad episode. To be honest, I figured Kirito had dual this entire time. A man with such a high levels and many secrets, doesn't surprise me. When he almost died, I was pretty shocked. I noticed the regeneration of his HP was mentioned here. It also confuses me how it didn't regenerate. I assume with a boss, he'll loss more HP than if a regular enemy, but he still should have regenerated a bit more.

Oh well, overthinking will get me no where.
Sep 4, 2012 8:44 PM
Jan 2011
About the regenerating when he did in the side story he was likely about 30+ levels above the other players.
lets say at lvl ten you did 10 damage a hit and he regened 50 hp every second because of the level advantage they had no hope to beat the regen

but well the boss was his level if not higher so it would hit at 300 so thats why it seems like it did not regen.
Sep 4, 2012 8:55 PM

Nov 2009
SolemnCollector said:
About the regenerating when he did in the side story he was likely about 30+ levels above the other players.
lets say at lvl ten you did 10 damage a hit and he regened 50 hp every second because of the level advantage they had no hope to beat the regen

but well the boss was his level if not higher so it would hit at 300 so thats why it seems like it did not regen.

If you played diablo III, you would be able to understand the difference between normal, nightmare, hell and inferno :P, just sayin, and apply it to SAO.
LunaSep 5, 2012 12:39 AM
Sep 4, 2012 9:27 PM

Apr 2011
50 hit combo... Man I can't believe how low his HP got. Then again he just solo'd a boss. Pretty epic.
Sep 4, 2012 10:23 PM

Feb 2012
giraffesyo said:
50 hit combo... Man I can't believe how low his HP got. Then again he just solo'd a boss. Pretty epic.

It's just a 16-hit combo. News was just exaggerated...
Sep 4, 2012 11:57 PM

May 2010
So freakin' EPIC! >:D

And 'Awwwwwwwwwwww<3' at the end. :3
Huggie!~~
:))
💕
Sep 5, 2012 2:04 AM

Apr 2011
HauntingShock said:
giraffesyo said:

Ah well I guess that's still pretty good, leaves room for some crazy stuff though.. I'm more excited for this series each episode...
Sep 5, 2012 2:32 AM

Jan 2008
"I'm better at using swords than words."

AWESOME! Finally, I get to see this dual blade skill that I've accidentally spoiled for myself. And Asuna was so adorable. :D

Looking forward to the duel with Heathcliff.
Sep 5, 2012 3:31 AM

Oct 2010
Let’s stir up a little this thread with some stuff from a rather good bitching theme of fan service itself. I did not really bother but hey it’s always fun to point it out no matter how small. At least that is my new little bitching of it. Better than before, so just mentioning it and wonder what people see it as. In the list
  • If you notice in the spoiler
    Asuna has a more ass definition with the linings being conveniently placed and while Kirito’s foot is rather well placed to feel up that one cheek of Asuna. Anyone can see that one.

• Breast rubbing in the spoiler
    clearly there. Does it not take much but a look to see the breasts are being pressed for a moment there. I just looped it.
So that being said I get 2 notions here easily:

1. A warrior after a fight risking his life deserves a good night with his woman.

2. Most likely a deep romance that leads on sexual notions it shown out like that with obvious Asuna appeals such as the fine linings.

Well that’s understandable and the other reasons but just though of mentioning it as I did not really do so before when I first saw it.

And so what do others think of this?

Other than that I recognize and give PROPS to the series for the following,

looking forward to AWESOME POSES! That is thee most impressive among many impressive poses list. It's going in that list for sure. Needs more of those kick ass poses!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 5, 2012 4:15 AM

Nov 2009
Novel spoiler:
LunaSep 5, 2012 6:58 AM
Sep 5, 2012 4:40 AM

Dec 2009
Holy shit the battle was good. Kirito's awesomeness mixed together with Kajiura music was absolute gold.

I'm starting to warm up to Kirito x Asuna. But still poor Liz.

5/5

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 5, 2012 5:24 AM

Oct 2010
Takana_no_Hana said:
Novel spoiler:
Reply to novel spoiler:
LunaSep 5, 2012 7:00 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 5, 2012 12:50 PM
Jan 2011
Takana_no_Hana said:
SolemnCollector said:

If you played diablo III, you would be able to understand the difference between normal, nightmare, hell and inferno :P, just sayin, and apply it to SAO.

i wasn't comparing it to diablo......
Sep 5, 2012 4:26 PM
Jun 2012
Jerrychiang said:
kamikaze_1996 said:
Looterz said:
Kvakond said:
One question ruined the end for me.

I was wondering about that too!

don't bother asking, its not even we LN readers know what it specifically dropped, and for some strange reason they hid the reward from our sight in the anime......suspicious <_<

That's because the answer would have blown you away:

They were so unlucky it didn't drop anything.
Sep 5, 2012 6:11 PM

Aug 2012
HauntingShock said:
giraffesyo said:

Well, you can't really exaggerate 16 hits = dead boss, can you? O.0
Sep 5, 2012 8:12 PM

Feb 2012
2nd OP theme "Innocence" by 'aoi eir' and 2nd ED theme "Overfly" by 'Luna Haruna' has been announced :D
Sep 5, 2012 8:17 PM
Jul 2010
rl1dragon said:
Jerrychiang said:
kamikaze_1996 said:
Looterz said:
Kvakond said:
One question ruined the end for me.

I was wondering about that too!

don't bother asking, its not even we LN readers know what it specifically dropped, and for some strange reason they hid the reward from our sight in the anime......suspicious <_<

That's because the answer would have blown you away:

They were so unlucky it didn't drop anything.

O_O could it be that he ended up destroying the item threw sheer overkill!
Sep 5, 2012 8:28 PM

Dec 2011
Awesome episode! Kirito's dual wielding was just awesome. I was also wondering what the boss dropped... will it come up later? or not relevant?..

Now Kirito will flight for Asuna... can't wait to see that fight :)

Sep 5, 2012 8:38 PM

Feb 2012
Akuto said:
Awesome episode! Kirito's dual wielding was just awesome. I was also wondering what the boss dropped... will it come up later? or not relevant?..

Not relevant.
Sep 5, 2012 8:40 PM

Jan 2008
HauntingShock said:
Akuto said:

Not relevant.

Pretty much nothing is relevant anymore from this point on.
Sep 6, 2012 1:12 AM

Apr 2011
Paul said:
HauntingShock said:
Akuto said:

Not relevant.

It's just funny because no one cares about the drops from this high level boss but Kirito is still walking away with his first floor cloak on.. Maybe he merged the item with something else to keep the look? >:
Sep 6, 2012 1:15 AM

Feb 2012
giraffesyo said:
Paul said:
HauntingShock said:
Akuto said:

Not relevant.

It's just funny because no one cares about the drops from this high level boss but Kirito is still walking away with his first floor cloak on.. Maybe he merged the item with something else to keep the look? >:

He's not wearing the "Cloak of Midnight" anymore. The one he's wearing is a customized black leather coat made by one of the few beautiful known girls in SAO.
Sep 6, 2012 3:54 AM

Aug 2012
Liked the final bet the most. It was awesome, can't wait for the duel!
Sep 6, 2012 5:35 AM
May 2012
Ep9 reaction:-

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU MESSED WITH THE WRONG MAN LIKE KIRITO!

Damn it, I still couldn't forget about what happened in episode 3 like Sachi died till it just couldn't let go all in my head (Idk why i'm always repeated myself all the time since i'm an autistic by the way.).
JafriZinSep 6, 2012 5:41 AM
Sep 6, 2012 10:36 AM

Jan 2010
Awesome dual blades!
I actually perfectly fine Kirito being Gary Stu or whatever because he is badass~
I like how Liz showed up again in this ep.

Ah, anyway, I still dislike Asuna and it got worse after seeing this ep.... TT_TT

And for the hug.... I thought her reaction is too much... ah I don't know but, is her feelings for Kirito that deep? or am I missing something? I thougt they rarely talk/met or is it just because the timeskip?

I don't know but I feel that the current Asuna is really different from Asuna in the 2nd ep... I know people change but... Ah, don't bother this, hehe I'm just being stupid ==;

Aaaand for the last part, Kirito is going to fight Heathcliff right?
And here I thought, why Asuna didn't said anything to defend Kirito? She is the one who want to go with Kirito and ditch Kuradeel, and she even said to Kirito that it's fine and she would talk to the commander, but in the end, she drag him into her problem,

Looking forward to the next ep~
Sep 6, 2012 12:02 PM
Dec 2011
I couldn't help but laugh. whats this whole "we'll fight for asuna" jazz? does she not have a say in it? and sure, ill be cool to see Kirito fight this guild leader. but even if he didn't accept his challange, what is he gonna do about it.
Sep 6, 2012 12:08 PM

Mar 2012
EX_buildabear said:
I couldn't help but laugh. whats this whole "we'll fight for asuna" jazz? does she not have a say in it? and sure, ill be cool to see Kirito fight this guild leader. but even if he didn't accept his challange, what is he gonna do about it.

This is precisely why it's so stupid. It reminds me of "Last piece of cake, who wants it? I guess you'll have to kill me for it" and that's not a good thing.
LoneWolf said:
Sep 7, 2012 12:13 AM

Sep 2012
Now that it's finally on the main story of the LN, Sword Art Online is now what I expected it to be. I always love the visuals of anime. Great moments between Kirito and Asuna haha :D.
Sep 7, 2012 5:24 AM

Mar 2011
I like how at the end we see the little group of four, Kirito, Asuna and then Liz the smith and (whats-his-face) the merchant.

Fun times all round!
Sep 7, 2012 9:42 AM

Aug 2008
Yay finally got to see Kirito's hidden skill. and it was pretty cool~
Sep 7, 2012 3:10 PM

Jul 2012
What flavor was Kirito's Starburst Stream?
Sep 8, 2012 5:45 AM

Oct 2008
T-Flip said:
What flavor was Kirito's Starburst Stream?

Flavor can be applied if its: Starburst Cream.

Sep 8, 2012 12:31 PM
Jan 2010
where did kirito's ultra hp-regen disappear off to
Sep 8, 2012 12:32 PM
Aug 2012
It only works during combat.
Pages (16) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » is it just me, or do you guys also like asuna a lot? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Sep 25

65 by rohan121 »»
49 minutes ago

» SAO watch order

18s - Yesterday

15 by DragyG »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2012

492 by ItsXolo »»
Sep 15, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Aug 25, 2012

535 by AliQasim22 »»
Sep 13, 12:37 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

951 by Rexnihilo »»
Sep 7, 11:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.