Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 26, 2012 1:06 PM

Feb 2012
I'm so happy about season 2. I have been waiting for so long. I haven't kept up with the manga.. so i hope i get to see some awesome Saeko action!
Apr 26, 2012 6:31 PM

Nov 2011
SteezAwesomeness said:
LordAkbar said:
I wish they could deflate the boobs a bit, fan service is cool and all but i do prefer it if boobs did not have a mind of their own. Otherwise i was enjoying the series.

haha. i'm a dude, and i sure as hell know for a fact most guys don't like boobs as big as cows'. I think it adds a bit of humor to the zombie/horror theme.

HOTD wouldn't be HOTD without torpedo tits. that's for sure!

HOTD would be God-Like without torpedo tits. I'm not kidding you, I found it to be a great show but the over the top fan service really killed it for me.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Apr 26, 2012 7:25 PM

Sep 2010
Ragix said:
SteezAwesomeness said:
LordAkbar said:
I wish they could deflate the boobs a bit, fan service is cool and all but i do prefer it if boobs did not have a mind of their own. Otherwise i was enjoying the series.

haha. i'm a dude, and i sure as hell know for a fact most guys don't like boobs as big as cows'. I think it adds a bit of humor to the zombie/horror theme.

Pfft. The tits have everything to do with the "God-like" status of HoTD. The effing writer said from the start he was making a show designed for guys into tits and blood.
If you aren't watching HoTD for the fan service then HoTD isn't the anime you're looking for.

HOTD would be God-Like without torpedo tits. I'm not kidding you, I found it to be a great show but the over the top fan service really killed it for me.

May 3, 2012 1:45 AM

Apr 2011
Im praying it comes out this fall. keep the titties. i need chapter 30
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
May 30, 2012 6:50 AM

Apr 2012
Sweet, looking forward to a new season.
Jun 4, 2012 1:51 PM
Mar 2012
Anime_Name said:
Ragix said:
SteezAwesomeness said:
LordAkbar said:

Pfft. The tits have everything to do with the "God-like" status of HoTD. The effing writer said from the start he was making a show designed for guys into tits and blood.
If you aren't watching HoTD for the fan service then HoTD isn't the anime you're looking for.

Yea, if HOTD didn't have fan-service (or not very much of it), then it would have to be depressing. Depressing as in the same kind of character development you see in a movie like The Dark Knight. It would have to explore the deepest and darkest reaches of the human psyche, and really explore the depths of the characters' dark sides such as Saeko's sadism and Kohta's rage against society. The hopelessness of the situation would also have to be emphasized... with a whole lot more crying and a whole lot more of the characters losing their minds... as it would be in real life. I mean, I can only imagine how depressing it would be if it was real life. All your friends and family dying around you, your death is also impending, and society is collapsing at a rate that is simply overwhelming. Depressing as fuuuuuuck.

WHICH WOULD BE AWESOME!

but hotd as it is is awesome too.
Jun 5, 2012 10:02 PM

May 2012
This anime is uniqe.. i cant find same anime like this. i like this not because of thier boobies lol maybe because of survival, and romance. go saeko x takashi... hope for season 2 and Cha30...

Jun 7, 2012 4:18 AM
Nov 2011
Someone get me a shovel cause I'm diggin this anime! Season 2? More like SEASON AWSOME!
"If it exists, I'll find it! Even if it doesn't!"
Jun 7, 2012 7:15 AM
Mar 2012
Alexanderrb31 said:
Someone get me a shovel cause I'm diggin this anime! Season 2? More like SEASON AWSOME!

lol, sorry to break your spirit, but Turambar from Scans of the Dead (who has a lot of connections with hotd) says he is almost sure a season 2 won't come out this year. and he also stated that a chapter 30 of the manga would probably not be out until after the artbook is released in august, so EARLIEST around september. if at all this year..
Jun 9, 2012 2:58 PM

Jun 2012
H.O.T.D is easily one of my favorite animes of all time.

They pulled the whole thing off while keeping it very grounded. No superpowers, no super fighting robots just kids with guns and of course there are QUITE a few "Oh yeah RIGHT!" moments but despite all that for the most part i felt like i could relate to Takashi.

You put any average guy in that situation and he would probably be having the same reactions. Surrounded by beautiful women or not you are still fighting for your life and the "If this was any other place at any other time this would be so f***ing hot *sigh*"quote from the episode when he is in the apartment is probably one of my all time favorite quotes in any anime ive ever seen because you can just FEEL how much he means it.

As far as season two is concerned i cant wait to see what direction they take it, and im hoping they make it into a longer series because it is one of those kind of stories that can be drug out for a long time without getting old or redundant.

Exciting scenes, Hilarious personalities, Tantalizing character chemistry and a beautiful art style has me on the edge of my seat for the next season.
Jun 11, 2012 1:13 AM
Mar 2012
Pender-gast said:

They pulled the whole thing off while keeping it very grounded. No superpowers, no super fighting robots just kids with guns and of course there are QUITE a few "Oh yeah RIGHT!" moments but despite all that for the most part i felt like i could relate to Takashi.

You put any average guy in that situation and he would probably be having the same reactions. Surrounded by beautiful women or not you are still fighting for your life and the "If this was any other place at any other time this would be so f***ing hot *sigh*"quote from the episode when he is in the apartment is probably one of my all time favorite quotes in any anime ive ever seen because you can just FEEL how much he means it.

As far as season two is concerned i cant wait to see what direction they take it, and im hoping they make it into a longer series because it is one of those kind of stories that can be drug out for a long time without getting old or redundant.

Exciting scenes, Hilarious personalities, Tantalizing character chemistry and a beautiful art style has me on the edge of my seat for the next season.

the beauty of this anime/manga story is the ease to which the audience can imagine putting themselves into the survivor group and imagining what they would do. A lot of other anime/manga are too full of fantasy, with mecha, superpowers, and fairy dust. But this one is so realistic compared to most thrilling anime/manga.

As for the second season, they'll continue following the overall manga plot, like they did for season one. There was very little difference between the anime and the manga, which is great. Season 2 will be exciting for sure (if it comes out).

If you read the manga...

Spoiler:

Kohta talks about how everybody should carry a handgun so that they can "choose their fate". I have a feeling one or more of the main characters will die in the end. Tragic to say, but Saeko would be the perfect character to sacrifice herself because she is "that" type of character. Sure she's popular with the fans, but her sadism is a huge blemish compared to the flaws of the other characters. Her sadism makes her sexy as hell, but this personality trait makes her far from being a paragon.

We'll just have to see...
Jun 11, 2012 3:19 PM

Jun 2012
SteezAwesomeness said:
Pender-gast said:

the beauty of this anime/manga story is the ease to which the audience can imagine putting themselves into the survivor group and imagining what they would do. A lot of other anime/manga are too full of fantasy, with mecha, superpowers, and fairy dust. But this one is so realistic compared to most thrilling anime/manga.

As for the second season, they'll continue following the overall manga plot, like they did for season one. There was very little difference between the anime and the manga, which is great. Season 2 will be exciting for sure (if it comes out).

If you read the manga...

Spoiler:

Kohta talks about how everybody should carry a handgun so that they can "choose their fate". I have a feeling one or more of the main characters will die in the end. Tragic to say, but Saeko would be the perfect character to sacrifice herself because she is "that" type of character. Sure she's popular with the fans, but her sadism is a huge blemish compared to the flaws of the other characters. Her sadism makes her sexy as hell, but this personality trait makes her far from being a paragon.

We'll just have to see...

Welll heres to hoping that Rei is the first to go =D

I hate her so much
Jun 13, 2012 3:30 AM
Dec 2011
i dont preticular hate Rei nor any other characters, but i agree that some one must die
Jun 18, 2012 4:12 AM

Mar 2012
Yeah it will be more fun to watch it if they slowly died one by one xD
Last one standing.
Jun 21, 2012 9:50 AM

Jun 2012
Anyone else excited by the prospect of this happening?

http://hsofthedead.com/

Its one of the few eechi i liked. shamefully guns and boobs orientated. Its trashy yes, but oh so enjoyable. Also, like the general masses now days, i do like a good zombie killfest.

Anyone else feel me on this? Please keep flaming to a minimum if you don't agree ;)

trigs
XRJun 21, 2012 11:16 AM
Jun 21, 2012 10:23 AM
Jul 2018
Uh.....HOTD Season 2 hasn't been announced yet. There isn't even any proof it will happen at all, let alone when.
Jun 21, 2012 11:11 AM

Jun 2012
deadleeserious said:
Uh.....HOTD Season 2 hasn't been announced yet. There isn't even any proof it will happen at all, let alone when.

read somewhere it had at least been given the go ahead/ was in production. I know there isnt a finite date for when it will be released, but at least there will be one in the near future.

It was pretty clear from last years expo it was on the cards.

It wasnt omg its being release!!!!! more when it is ( fingers cross) whos excited by the prospect of the second season. Should have probably been a bit clearer in my original post
Jun 21, 2012 11:16 AM
Jul 2018
I've heard it rumoured but not confirmed. I might have missed it though. Usually I don't take "news" to be true until it's at least posted on here or animenewsnetwork.

I wasn't a big fan of the first season but I'd watch a second one. If only because the episode discussions were always funny afterwards. Presumably they'd do the mall arc from the manga next, though they mixed the chronology alot before so who knows?
Jun 21, 2012 2:55 PM
Dec 2011
any one found out something about the releas date yet? most of u should know that the S2 is confirmed so i was hoping someone could give some more info
Jun 21, 2012 5:46 PM
May 2012
http://hsofthedead.com/hotd-season-2/
I'll just leave this here.
Jun 22, 2012 2:40 AM

Jun 2012
DracoBlitzer said:
http://hsofthedead.com/hotd-season-2/
I'll just leave this here.

i left that link ( well the homepage and its the first thing you see when you open it :P)

I think its pretty definite there will be a season 2, ( judging by the compelling replies at the expo.) It just WHEN!

There is a massive following for it. I find it amazing how so many HUGELY popular animes dont seem to get funding for a second season. hmmm
Jun 22, 2012 2:49 AM

Feb 2012
Well of course there's going to be a season 2, it's one of the best selling anime out of Japan. But the manga has been in hiatus for over a year, due to the author taking his sweet time coloring.
Jun 22, 2012 11:20 PM
Dec 2011
Swifteh said:
Well of course there's going to be a season 2, it's one of the best selling anime out of Japan. But the manga has been in hiatus for over a year, due to the author taking his sweet time coloring.

He actually got hit by that earthquake in Japan last year.

PS. Nice Berserker pic dude!
Jun 23, 2012 5:03 AM

Nov 2011
We all know that there will be a 2nd season cuz everyone wants a 2nd season btw thx for the links triggy89 & DracoBlitzer :D
Jun 28, 2012 4:58 AM

Jun 2012
Megmurdel said:
We all know that there will be a 2nd season cuz everyone wants a 2nd season btw thx for the links triggy89 & DracoBlitzer :D

lets hope this is the case! The first season was hilarious XD
Jun 29, 2012 10:48 PM
Jun 2012
Jun 30, 2012 12:48 AM

Aug 2010
Lets just hope it is as awesome as the first one and even sexier, Like A LIVE HOTD MASCOT

Jun 30, 2012 6:32 AM

Jun 2012
Andyb00 said:
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/54215/high-school-dead-announces-upcoming-season-2
Not sure what you want to make of it but oh well.

tollolololol
Jun 30, 2012 3:20 PM

Jul 2009
Isn't Anime Expo thingy now? maybe there will be some new information about a second season? who knows :P
Nothing in this world lasts forever, and it´s time you accept that.
It's better to not cling to these things that you will eventually lose.
Jul 1, 2012 9:05 AM

Jun 2012
Krillus said:
Isn't Anime Expo thingy now? maybe there will be some new information about a second season? who knows :P

fingers crossed :D
Jul 2, 2012 1:01 AM
Jan 2012
ok I dislike fan service anime’s a lot not my cup of tea but i did like the fighting in it but i do hope that a new season will come out soon let alone at all but if it doesn’t that would be a bit sad it would have so much potential but if it did keep the big boobs on the minimal not saying I don’t like it but it just out of place when the anime is so bad ass at time zombies and boobs don’t mix still it is a good show “icetrucker out”
Jul 2, 2012 1:09 AM

Nov 2011
Andyb00 said:
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/54215/high-school-dead-announces-upcoming-season-2

Lololol youtube vid posted on April fools trollololol

Question: Did they ever actually start the manga after all that crap where they said they were going to go back and color the manga and put the manga on hold?
If they did already start up the manga again then we'll be seeing a HOTD 2 in the future if it's still on hold well.... Don't hold your breath.

Also that youtube vid where they said their "would" not officially though was over a year ago. Lots has happened since then I think we'll find out if they have a HOTD table again this year at the anime expo.
Jul 3, 2012 6:30 AM

Jun 2012
Ragix said:
Andyb00 said:

Lololol youtube vid posted on April fools trollololol

Question: Did they ever actually start the manga after all that crap where they said they were going to go back and color the manga and put the manga on hold?
If they did already start up the manga again then we'll be seeing a HOTD 2 in the future if it's still on hold well.... Don't hold your breath.

Also that youtube vid where they said their "would" not officially though was over a year ago. Lots has happened since then I think we'll find out if they have a HOTD table again this year at the anime expo.

hence my tollolololol post right after :D. When/ where is the expo? Yer i think its more of a matter of when than if really. Just would prefer sooner rather than later ;P
Jul 16, 2012 2:03 PM
Jul 2012
I really hope so, plus the first one was such a great hit!
Jul 16, 2012 2:16 PM

Jul 2012
Well the ending leads on to a 2nd season... Also i think i've read that there will be a 2nd season, but i don't know if it was a fact.

I don't know if the manga tells anything, cus i'm too lazy to read those XD

EDIT:
Come to think of it, i don't know what the 2nd season should be about? mby finding the rest of their families (which i don't think), mby try to find some kinds of safe-zone (i guess it could be an option),or mby Kouta finds a cure, which they somehow have to spread to the entire world (i don't rly think that would work...)

I'm afraid that if they make a 2nd season, it will miss some kind of plot, and will only conain shooting, zombies and boobs...
JellerJul 16, 2012 2:20 PM
O'Hai :D
Jul 16, 2012 2:29 PM

Feb 2012
The manga went on hiatus IIRC. I believe the anime ended on chapter 18 and the manga went on hiatus at chapter 29, meaning there isn't enough material for a second season.
Jul 16, 2012 2:31 PM
Jul 2012
I hate how you get really good series and then you get shit like Naruto with a lot of fillers in.
Jul 16, 2012 2:34 PM

Nov 2011
Yvese said:
The manga went on hiatus IIRC. I believe the anime ended on chapter 18 and the manga went on hiatus at chapter 29, meaning there isn't enough material for a second season.

^
This

and HotD has been on hiatus for a looong time now. Only way we'll have a second season is if they start working on the manga again probably. So once you see the manga start up again and get a few more chapters in we might be seeing an anime. Who knows how long that will be though like I said HotD has been on hiatus for quite some time.
Sep 11, 2012 10:27 AM
May 2012
All I can say this series needs a second season ASAP
Sep 11, 2012 12:05 PM

May 2012
Man you would think that this series would have gotten a second season already, I mean HOTD is pretty big plus it sold nicely, specially in the states.
Sep 17, 2012 11:00 AM

Sep 2011
Soooo, does anyone have a solid proof that there will be a second season?

Sep 18, 2012 2:52 AM

Aug 2012
i dont think so but it could come out next year maybe idk
"You're making too much of me. All I am these days, is the poor owner of a small time candy store."-Kisuke Urahara
Oct 3, 2012 4:12 PM

Jul 2012
i really love this series * not cause of the fan service altho thats a bonus * but its a zombie style anime which is done fantastic the animations fantastic the characters are loads of fun, i just really love this series and i hope it has a season 2
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Nov 20, 2012 7:07 PM

Dec 2011
It looks like we won't get a second season. Kind of weird cause I believe it sold well enough, but usually if it's been this long without even an announcement that pretty much means don't get your hopes up.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2012 7:17 PM

Nov 2010
LayedBack said:
It looks like we won't get a second season. Kind of weird cause I believe it sold well enough, but usually if it's been this long without even an announcement that pretty much means don't get your hopes up.
Well the manga is on hiatus, that's the only reason why it hasn't gotten a sequel, there's not enough material. It's alot better than screwing up the anime so a second season isn't possible.
Nov 20, 2012 7:17 PM

Sep 2012
When I first saw this thread:

After I saw the original date and recent posts:
Nov 20, 2012 11:51 PM

Sep 2012
so when are they going to announce the date, we've all been waiting for a while now
Nov 21, 2012 2:15 AM

Jun 2012
Red_Keys said:
When I first saw this thread:

After I saw the original date and recent posts:

haha this made me lol hard.

no updates as to the date yet, as far as i know. :*(
May 5, 2014 8:57 PM

Apr 2014
It's been a year and a half. Someone put this show in the trash lol
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Respect cannot be made by force or fear, it must be earned overtime; otherwise, it was never respect at all."
~ Malik

Highschool DxD is my all-time favorite series!
Apr 12, 2015 10:07 AM
Apr 2015
If you really want to wait for the official announcement, better check it out on either AnimeNewsNetwork or Anichart.net since these two won't give you a false information.
Shouji Sato's manga 'TriageX' gets an anime production and its first episode was aired three days ago. Might be a good news for us I dunno but I've seen it and its well done to me so far
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Jul 4, 2010

1368 by GleissonSenpai »»
Sep 13, 6:12 PM

» One of the most entertaining anime ever. ( 1 2 )

CickNipolla - Jul 3, 2022

61 by Dcyber »»
Aug 5, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 8, 2010

493 by Armaldork »»
Aug 4, 7:42 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

543 by James_xeno »»
Jul 18, 8:32 AM

» Is Rei a virgin or did she lose it with Hisashi?

JusTFoRTroll - Jul 21, 2014

33 by salmoi »»
Jun 19, 12:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.