Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 12, 2012 4:24 PM
Dec 2007
dashiawia said:
Senjougahara feels more like a yandere than a tsundere to me. I say this because she doesn't act tsun tsun towards Araragi. I can tell she will be potent with any sharp utensils XD.

5/5 episode
I always said so but people don't really "know" what a tsundere is anymore it seems. Either way, the fact she consumed by his htred towards the conmen who destroyed her family is sad. Araragi had some balls to actually straight up tell her half the fault was theirs for falling for such an obvious dupe. Kaiki is the real deal in the supernatural though, which is why they always say he's more dangerous "than the real deal" since someone like Oshino wouldn't abuse his knowledge to trick people.

Feb 12, 2012 5:10 PM
Sep 2011
A pretty enjoyable episode. I liked hearing "staple stable" again. Highlight was the conversation with Hachikuji.
Feb 12, 2012 7:06 PM

May 2010
Besides the Doraemon reference I obviously saw a Meitantei Conan reference.
The episode was the best so far, the final scene with Shinobu was fantastic. She's stealing all the show for her.
Feb 12, 2012 7:16 PM

Sep 2011
salamander_natsu said:
Besides the Doraemon reference I obviously saw a Meitantei Conan reference.
The episode was the best so far, the final scene with Shinobu was fantastic. She's stealing all the show for her.

This post should have been made by me. Yeah, I know right? Meitantei Conan's reference was so perfect and suitable haha.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Feb 12, 2012 7:25 PM

Jul 2009
Such a masterpiece episode again..

Finally Gahara-san is back, really missed her

The conversations between Araragi and Hachikuji/Senjougahara were GOLD.
5/5 for this episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2012 9:33 PM

Jan 2011
One of the few animes where the second season was done right.
Shinobu <33
Feb 12, 2012 11:27 PM

May 2010
I'm getting love Shinobu more and more especially when she is tsundere
Feb 13, 2012 5:09 AM
Sep 2010
feel the episode so short bcoz the op song are on the middle (after hachikuji screentime to be exect.)
badzFeb 13, 2012 5:14 AM
Feb 13, 2012 9:06 AM

May 2008
Ahh, these cliffhangers nowdays >_<
This episode felt so short, I loved it a lot. We even got a little of Hachikuji which is a plus point for me~
Feb 13, 2012 10:36 AM

Dec 2011
Shinobu is the supreme star of this show.
Feb 13, 2012 11:24 AM

May 2008
awesome episode went to quick lol at the Conan reference so obvious and i wonder i loved that Shinobu foreshadowing really can't wait for the Movie hopefully we see more of Kaiki next episode

The The conversations between Araragi and Hachikuji and Senjougahara was great as well can't wait for next episode!
Feb 13, 2012 11:32 AM

Nov 2008
What happened to all the sexy scenes? I was really looking forward to that kiss, but at least it did happen. And it seems that it took all of his urges as well. lol

Anyway, its already the 6th episode. Are we ever going to go to the next sister's arc? This season is very different than the last one, it makes me wonder if they cut off a lot of material from Bakemori to fit all of the arcs into 15 episodes.
Feb 13, 2012 3:41 PM

Oct 2010
so is this how senjougahara ends up cutting her hair like it was in the promotional art?
Feb 13, 2012 3:50 PM

Jul 2009
Mayoi said one of the best things I have heard in ages when she highlighted children who don't know they're children having a problem - she needs to be a speaker who gives advice to all those child hero's in shounen's who's overall presence patronizes the older characters of the series.

It's good to see some Senjougahara - still convincing herself she's a tsundere. :P

Sinobu is making up for all the time she spent keeping her gob shut.

The ep' went really fast IMO.

Feb 13, 2012 4:09 PM

Jan 2012
Vampire lolis sure are helpful.

Feb 13, 2012 6:03 PM

May 2011
I wish I had Shinobu's sound effect every time I entered a room.

Yes, i love that the dialogue in the series is amazing. But, there really needs to be some sort of action. We're more than half way through the series. We are on our second rotation of character dialogue scenes. Yet, nothing has really happened. Some things that should have happened have been cut out too.

BTW, my perverted side so wishes that Senjougahara's request is a threesome with her and Hanekawa-sama. That would be epic win.
CirrisFeb 13, 2012 6:08 PM
Feb 13, 2012 6:18 PM

Dec 2011
soo glad the 'kiss x sis' thing fucked off. could still happen at the end of the arc, but for now i'm just glad they didn't go there. next episode is probably gonna be craziness, can't wait
Ooo, what a lovely tea party.
Feb 13, 2012 9:08 PM

Apr 2008
It seems that Nise is finally back on the right track in terms of pacing and plot development. This episode also raised some important points which may become fairly prevalent later in the series. Things like the tension between Senjougahara and Hanekawa may not be dealt with in this season, but will probably play a much greater role later on. The next episode should hopefully mark the end of the Karen Bee story arc, so hopefully we get some sort of resolution that will lead nicely into Tsukihi’s.

Feb 13, 2012 9:17 PM

Oct 2010
I want my vamploli :3
Feb 14, 2012 1:51 AM

Jan 2012
Ahhh Shinobu was so cute this episode! Oh wait.. She's always cute..
Feb 14, 2012 1:59 AM

Aug 2008
Edefrem said:
Great episode~
I loved the Mayoi & Gahara~

Those are fine.
But the loli vampire is the best in my book :)
Feb 14, 2012 6:02 AM

Jun 2010
Tsundere - ing and Tsundere - ed .. My waifu is so smart <3
Feb 14, 2012 5:39 PM
Jan 2012
pretty funny episode, had some moments i really enjoyed.
Loled at the final fantasy save crystal reference, and now the roles have switched between koyomi and mayoi.
thank god the subs pointed out to be careful with fire, i learned my lesson for the day.
and epic quote time again from Hitagi "if i were a man i would be so jealous of your manliness i would have to kill you" or something along those lines
now we gotta wait to see where karen is and the fight with kaiki in the near future
Feb 14, 2012 6:07 PM
Aug 2011
Shinobu is very adorable in this episode #Kyaaa
Feb 14, 2012 7:32 PM
May 2011
MrDairyqueen said:
pretty funny episode, had some moments i really enjoyed.

and epic quote time again from Hitagi "if i were a man i would be so jealous of your manliness i would have to kill you" or something along those lines

Lol that was my favorite quote as well XD

Karen most likely sleep walking lolol jk XD

Shes probably trying to punch kaiki ;_;
Feb 14, 2012 9:27 PM
Dec 2007
Don_Don_Kun said:
It seems that Nise is finally back on the right track in terms of pacing and plot development. This episode also raised some important points which may become fairly prevalent later in the series. Things like the tension between Senjougahara and Hanekawa may not be dealt with in this season, but will probably play a much greater role later on. The next episode should hopefully mark the end of the Karen Bee story arc, so hopefully we get some sort of resolution that will lead nicely into Tsukihi’s.
Next two novels are actually Hanekawa-centered so I'd expect some answeres there (good thing Shaft is not planning to stop with the Monogatari adaptations).
ClementIV said:
What happened to all the sexy scenes? I was really looking forward to that kiss, but at least it did happen. And it seems that it took all of his urges as well. lol

Anyway, its already the 6th episode. Are we ever going to go to the next sister's arc? This season is very different than the last one, it makes me wonder if they cut off a lot of material from Bakemori to fit all of the arcs into 15 episodes.
Could be, Bakemonogatari was much bigger than Nise, but several of this info is both new or answered in the prequel novels (all of the Shinobu-centered questions, for example, are answered in Kizu and a lot of the past between Araragi and Hanekaway comes from Black Neko). The monogatari series is quite curious in the fact it has several stories that happen before Bake in between stories that happen after Bake. So in a sense, some things ARE meant to be confusing or partially obscure.

Feb 15, 2012 5:24 PM

Jan 2008
How many times will I have to say that the reason this first arc is taking this many episodes is because it has TWENTY-TWO CHAPTERS OF THE NOVEL while the next arc (Tsukihi's) ONLY HAS THIRTEEN.

Simple math would suggest that in an 11 episode series, 22 chapters would take up 7 or 8 episodes while 13 chapters would only take up 3 or 4.

Eesh.
Feb 15, 2012 7:01 PM

Sep 2011
Well, not everyone reads the entire thread, and I guess I should read the LN
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Feb 15, 2012 10:03 PM

Feb 2009
Panaru said:

Simple math would suggest that in an 11 episode series, 22 chapters would take up 7 or 8 episodes while 13 chapters would only take up 3 or 4.

Eesh.

Karen Bee=310 pages
Tsukihi Phoenix=312 pages
Feb 15, 2012 11:33 PM
Feb 2012
Yes! I thought Karen Bee would be, you know, about Karen, and I'd only get about 2 seconds of Hitagi, but it looks like this won't be the case. Luv how Hitagi owns her tsundereness, even admitting "I tsundered". The animations with the pencils are great. The only way to do fanservice is the Monogatari way.
Feb 16, 2012 4:46 AM

Jun 2008
Probably the best episode until now. We had Hitagi dialog and poses(damn she's a beauty, Araraki you lucky bastard) that is always awesome and this time the other dialogs where great too. Really good.

Btw she told him to go get some sleep and that he might not sleep very well at night. They aren't meeting that guy at night are they? So did she suggested what i think she did?

Other nice points, was how she seem to be imply that Hanekawa has basically enslave her, quite funny considering the slightly strong willed arrogant for-frond she likes to show.
The loli getting upset about Araraki ruining the fun by not molesting her when he had a good opportunity and Shinobu playing tsundere and having to explain it to him.

Anyway is not like i loved this episode or anything but 5/5.
Feb 16, 2012 8:17 AM
Feb 2012
Is it just me or does Shinobu's outfit looks like an apron?
not that I'm complaining though...
Feb 17, 2012 12:01 AM

Feb 2011
Gahara and Koyomi should make love already.
SkyrimFeb 17, 2012 12:09 AM
Feb 17, 2012 1:08 PM

Jul 2009
Oh, my goodness... I forgot how much I LOVE Hachikuji. Her relationship with Araragi is so weird and hilarious. Loved when he "killed her off," essentially, when they parted ways - by saying that bit: "Sad about what happened to that girl named Hachikuji Mayoi... Just kidding." And, awwww, she missed his sexual harassment. Hachikuji loves the attention. X3

Senjougahara is my favorite when she's obsessive and terrifying (like sharpening those pencils), haha ~ it's oddly sexy. Weird how Hanekawa is "bullying"/threatening her...
Also, I find NOTHING about Hanekawa moe now that she's lost her glasses and twin braids. Bummer, because she was a beautiful megane/class rep in Bakemonogatari. ;_;

"...You have some personality problems, huh?" OHOHOHO, the things Araragi-kun thinks, but doesn't have the guts to say aloud to Senjougahara. XD

"Ka ka~" Shinobu-chan's cute little laugh. And Araragi calling it like it is: "So, you're a tsundere, too, huh?"

Great episode. Though, I miss Kanbaru like burning. ;_;
Feb 17, 2012 4:36 PM
Aug 2010
So ahh, did she cut her hair yet? She supposedly suppose to have a change in personality too. I haven't gotten around to watching this yet, which is surprising considering how much I liked the first one.
Feb 17, 2012 10:24 PM

May 2011
Ka~ka! Oh my god Shinobu is too cute. Haha Araragi is right, she is a tsundere too, an adorable one at that.

Seeing Senjougahara and Araragi have their usual conversation automatically makes the episode great. Lol at her pencil gun, its legit. Watching Araragi declaring his love and saying he'll protect Senjougahara, aww how sweet. And damn, dem poses by Gahara-san I lovee it. She sure looked nice this episode, then again she always does. Ugh she said she's gunna cut her hair. =/ Damn Hanekawa ruining everything, wonder why she's acting like her slave lol.
Feb 17, 2012 11:15 PM
Dec 2007
ZeroZx said:
Ka~ka! Oh my god Shinobu is too cute. Haha Araragi is right, she is a tsundere too, an adorable one at that.

Seeing Senjougahara and Araragi have their usual conversation automatically makes the episode great. Lol at her pencil gun, its legit. Watching Araragi declaring his love and saying he'll protect Senjougahara, aww how sweet. And damn, dem poses by Gahara-san I lovee it. She sure looked nice this episode, then again she always does. Ugh she said she's gunna cut her hair. =/ Damn Hanekawa ruining everything, wonder why she's acting like her slave lol.
Blame Araragi instead since hes the one that likes short hair.

Feb 18, 2012 11:31 AM

Jul 2009
Leon-Gun said:
ZeroZx said:
Ugh she said she's gunna cut her hair. =/ Damn Hanekawa ruining everything, wonder why she's acting like her slave lol.
Blame Araragi instead since hes the one that likes short hair.

I feel like it's really Nisio Isin who has the short hair fetish considering in Katanagatari

I hope I still love Senjougahara once her hair is shorter. ;^;
Feb 19, 2012 9:04 AM

Apr 2009
Boo, the continuation to last episode's cliffhanger wasn't shown. xD

Great, Koyomi has finally turned the tables on Mayoi with that little mispronounced name game they've been playing since Bakemonogatari. A fresh twist to their usual routine with Koyomi greeting her normally.

Looks like Tsubasa has Hitagi's number, indeed. Lots of delicious Hitagi screentime for this episode. It was awesome to see her preparing for a war with Deishu using her newly created armory of very sharp pencils. And then those lines by Koyomi. "Sometimes I don't know why I'm dating you." "But I love you so much, I don't need a reason." It impressed her. It impressed me too.

Shinobu's appearance at the end was more than welcome, too. I guess Karen Bee is concluding in an episode or two. Hopefully we get some more Karen screentime by then. It's a shame she didn't get to appear much in her own arc.
Feb 21, 2012 1:56 PM

Jan 2011
I didn't like last episode, but I liked this one.
When I think about it though they're basically the same/
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 21, 2012 3:19 PM

Mar 2011
Pencil tower was crazy.
Feb 27, 2012 6:54 PM

Dec 2011
If Nisemonogatari do something really well is to enchant the viewer with the script and the art of the animation, it delivers this attributes with no pretentions at all, being completly conscious of the amount of time spent on every scene, and basically nothing happening in about 10 minuts, astonishing!
Mar 4, 2012 4:04 PM

Sep 2008
Uguu~
Poor Hachikuji; she totally prepared it for Araragi also. =[
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2012 1:46 AM

Aug 2010
LMAO I didn't really know Mayoi was that slutty O_O she actually wanted to be assaulted?? that's sick! lol

Nice development between Hitagi and Araragi and I will like if we had more from them in Nise
Mar 26, 2012 5:44 PM

Aug 2010
I love Araragi's and Gahara's conversations
Apr 4, 2012 8:43 AM

Aug 2010
Glub said:
Shinobu is the supreme star of this show.

This.
Jun 21, 2012 8:05 PM

Feb 2012
Flawless episode, loved it!

Man, I like Shinobu more and more! :D
Aug 4, 2012 4:46 PM

May 2012
Great episode I must say! Really starting to like it!
Aug 26, 2012 7:19 AM

Aug 2012
Nice reference to Detective Conan from Hashikuji! "I'm an adult trapped into a child's body" ahah.
Senjouhagara is still a psychotic tsundere, I hate her ><
Shinobu still as kawai as ever, I loved their little conversation at then end, about how she has to obey Araragi's requests kaka ! lmao

Sep 13, 2012 4:27 PM

Jun 2012
SMASH SMASH SMASH SMASH!!!
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 18, 2012

326 by Benkei13 »»
Sep 19, 2:06 AM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 25, 2012

766 by slayer70 »»
Sep 14, 4:41 AM

» What are your thoughts on this season’s highly sexual tones? ( 1 2 )

Smellyjuney - Aug 15

54 by eblf2013 »»
Sep 4, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Mar 17, 2012

417 by Matheus050 »»
Aug 22, 8:32 PM

» Platinum Disco or Renai Circulation?

Teyzone - Dec 12, 2019

19 by logopolis »»
Aug 16, 1:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.