Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jan 16, 2012 8:29 PM

Nov 2011
great episode, I'm just nit a big fan of something like running into somebody with the exact void needed in that situation, but I should be use to it by now, it happens all the time.
Jan 19, 2012 7:46 PM

Jul 2009
I actually really liked this episode XD Plus the BGM is really awesome lol :P
Arisa ... I like her a lot XD Haruka is OK, not really what I expected haha XD I liked the parts on the boat with the GHQ guys and Dan ... lololol XD
Arisa's grandpa and their company made a deal with them huh ... interesting. I forget, can Gai see what people's Voids are? I think he must be able to right? Otherwise how'd he know to bring her up? Well interesting they blocked the missiles (and made them look like fireworks, wtf lol) but good episode ... I thought they were gonna make Arisa fall for Gai or something at the end O_O
INORI KNEW SHU IN THE PAST ... or at least it's "that girl" that looks like her?! ;O Oh and Gai told the GHQ about the ship party? Lol ...
Feb 5, 2012 5:18 AM

Nov 2010
It was planned out all along.
Still enjoyable to watch with Shu's Mom :3
Feb 24, 2012 3:15 PM
Apr 2011
has anyone figured out yet why shu and inori were back to normal?
just because inori defied gai to rescue shu and to spare yahiro for shu's sake, and just because shu learned gai and inori werent sleeping together doesnt change the fact that inori told shu not to get close to her or that she trampled on his feelings when she told him gai told her to tell shu she wanted to be with her forever
Mar 4, 2012 10:40 PM

Sep 2009
The part with the missiles soured my entire ability to enjoy the rest of the episode.

MISSILES DO NOT WORK LIKE THAT.
Mar 28, 2012 1:41 AM

Sep 2011
lol Shu's mother was so easy going. =p
Apr 1, 2012 1:29 AM
Jan 2012
"Is the military really full of gays?" LOOOOOOOLLLL AHAHAHAHA! I totally did not see that one coming.

About to meet the mother. *braces self*
Yup. Thought so.

Shower scene. Didn't tell me about that one~! But I guess that's my fault for not doing my research. :/

Fanservice. Fanservice.

Ooooo~ their transition logo is getting better.

Gai fanservice.

Oooh so that's what he meant when he said she reminds him of his armadillo. Cool.
Apr 11, 2012 3:51 PM

Mar 2009
It's damn funny how everyone was dancing inside, oblivious to the battle going on outside.
Aug 17, 2012 5:16 PM
Feb 2008
That Eagleman guy was awesome. Deserves his own show.
Nov 6, 2012 3:24 AM
Dec 2011
I'm pretty sure what's his face blushed when his momma hugged him because she's rarely around and he most likely thinks of her more as a stranger he never seems to call her mom or maybe once don't remember I was to busy swooning over Gai <33 EEEE yay <3333

*Cough* anyways want to talk more or reply to this message me!
Jan 11, 2013 2:51 AM

May 2012
That picture what does it mean!? Really nice episode really loved the action and the new character :D this is getting real good real fast!
Jan 12, 2013 1:49 PM

Jun 2011
Kigen said:
So uhh
Shu's allowed to go back to school.
GHQ allowing him to
Terrorists have no rights
What?

In the previous episode, Gai made a deal to erase Shu's record, thus freeing him of all criminal status.

mdz said:
Whoa nothing says tactical like lucking out on the void you pull out. Nothing says logical like missiles turning into fireworks. And nothing says character development like incessant and redundant fan service.

Overall, truly the epitome of great storytelling.

1. Gai can tell what type of void a person contains, which is why he specifically picked her knowing she had a shield.
2. Are you really going to criticize a fantasy super power for its ability to turn things into fireworks?
3. Valid point.
Jan 17, 2013 12:06 AM
Nov 2012
wtf i dont get how inori was so cold towards ouma last ep but now she's all nice and cute towards him. only thing thats been pissing me off
Apr 13, 2013 7:35 AM

Mar 2013
So i guess Inori and Shu had a past? It was a good episode an all with the cowards shield...but would one's own mother let a girl live in their house like that...?
Jul 6, 2013 10:11 AM
Feb 2013
so obviously haruka is not shu's real mother or whatsoever, otherwise he would be calling okaa-san instead of haruka, right?
also, i agree, i don't like inori either. i do like ayase and arisa though.
Jul 10, 2013 12:26 PM

Feb 2013
I really liked this episode had more of a calm vibe to it.
Jul 14, 2013 7:55 PM

Nov 2011
Whenever Shu was talking to his mom, I realized why I hate his spikey anime hair so much: it looks like (FFX) Tidus's! Shu might be even more annoying than Tidus of his own merit, though. I guess that helps me along with my casting in this show.

So what I've got so far -
Shu = Tidus, generic effeminate Final Fantasy protagonist with annoying spikey anime hair
Inori = Megurine Luka, but not as mature
Gai = Lelouch who wishes he had Reinhard's 24k hair and ivory skin.
Segai = Jeremiah's identical twin brother
Arisa = Milly (that was the class pres. in CG, right?), but less cute
Kido Kenji = Kidou Senshi Gundam? because he wishes this was a mecha series with all the Endlaves, I guess

Mm, still working on it. The art is beautiful, and the soundtrack is gorgeous! The production alone makes this show so watchable. I didn't think that was possible, but it must be. GC isn't even as narmy as CG.
CathedralJul 14, 2013 8:00 PM
Jul 15, 2013 2:25 AM

Nov 2012
I never understood what problems people had with Tidus in FFX. H ewas a welcome change from Protagonists like Cloud or Squall. Oh well, people will take any opportunity to complain about something, I guess.

I sing for my people, I sing for my friends
I sing for justice, so that the world finally ends
I sing for my father who rests high above
and also for my mother who I deeply love
But as I sing I wonder, what is it for?
when there is no one who sings for me anymore...
Aug 19, 2013 5:58 AM
May 2013
What ?! Haruka is not his Onee-chan ?!

Double trouble at party for Shu.
Sep 12, 2013 2:12 PM

Sep 2012
nanisore said:
Naxrrhid said:
so ummm, Shu and Inori are back to normal???? did episode 5 happen at all???? does our failure for a MC learn nothing????

This. I mean, one would expect to see some distance between them.
And I still can't bring myself to like Inori. Will see if it changes after a few weeks.

Opposite of This. These two are likely long gone, and will not read this 2 years later, but I seriously am feeling Shu on this.
I have had my heart ripped out, I have had girls say they never actually cared for me, and because I am a guy, I jump at the opportunity to go back to them like nothing happened. That is far more real than any shenanigans I see in other Anime. Props to you writers, break that cliche!

thatguy said:
That Eagleman guy was awesome. Deserves his own show.

America!

Also, I am now very intrigued with who everyone is really. Haruka seems to either be Shu's mother or someone who cared for him as a child, but didn't she also work in the laboratory with the crazy guy who fires the Leukocytes?
Inori, was in that picture with Shu. Who is she? and who does she look like (from Gai in episode 4)? Assuming it is that girl that flashed up when Shu drew that gunblade out?

So many questions, so many episodes to answer them with.... And somehow I am thinking they will never really be answered, we will just get more twists.
Oct 13, 2013 10:03 AM

Nov 2011
Disappointed by the little Daryl was in this. Ah, well. Entertaining ep. nonetheless

Ending picture - ooh, it's that one girl that Inori transforms into temporarily when Shu uses the Guilty Crown with Inori
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Oct 19, 2013 6:00 AM

Jul 2013
Anyone notice that Shu always happens to have the ideal person with the ideal void standing next to him for ever situation?

If he forgot the keys to his house I'm pretty sure he could just grab the void out of the first person he sees and they would be able to open his door.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2013 12:16 PM

Oct 2013
chinolal said:
Okay... Although I found this episode boring, it seems that shu's mom is not his real mother since he called her "Haruka" Also, the flashback girl is most likely shu's step-sister and the daughter of haruka. I wonder what haruka is protecting shu from.

Again, why did inori went to another mood swing because she seems to be nicer and happier around shu when Gai is not around.

There is another person on the picture on the far left next to that girl. Gai maybe?

Interestin
Jan 4, 2014 2:01 PM

May 2013
i havent been this excited from an anime in a while. its good :)
May 27, 2014 6:37 PM
Oct 2013
The synchronization with the music in this episode were beautiful. But what's up with Joe?!?
May 31, 2014 7:14 PM

Jul 2013
Gai flirts with girls and acts cool and shit while Shu does all the work... but damn.. Haruka is one hot MILF!
Nov 3, 2014 4:22 PM

Jun 2009
is shu retarded why would he just run around a party like that suddenly, great way to draw more attention to yourself buddy.
Dec 9, 2014 4:42 AM

Apr 2014
shus mum is a milf

Jan 3, 2015 7:24 AM

Dec 2013
best episode so far <3
-still can't understand inori
Dec 3, 2015 1:47 AM

Apr 2009
Plot Twist:

Gai is Gay.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2015 12:12 PM

Jul 2009
Haruka is not his mom it seems, I mean, he don't call her mother...
Gai and Arisa, I ship them already! Btw, Arisa is really cool, I like her already!
Jan 1, 2016 7:08 AM

Oct 2015
I fucking knew it. They are going to make Shu a fuccboi while he goes crawling back to Inori. Shu should be stonefaced around this girl for the rest of the series, but of course, they have to make him look like a simp.

I don't mind the fan service, but don't think you can fool me to cover up the lackluster plot. Everything has been very bland so far(which is a shame because the overall production of this anime is very nice)

Things better pick up fast, because all I see this series doing is focusing on a shitty back and forth between Shu and Inori, and Shu always being able to pull the perfect void at the right moment so even though main characters aren't gonna die halfway through the series, but I feel like he is never going to get close to death.
Mar 22, 2016 4:59 PM

Aug 2014
Weirdest mother-son relationship ever...Please tell me that's not Shu's real mum.

I still can't believe they let Shu go back to school...
Dec 1, 2016 2:04 PM

Jun 2016
Gai plan worked well, an upstanding citizen..
Jan 1, 2017 9:08 AM

Dec 2014
wow it's kinda amazing how shu returns to his normal life after all that.
Feb 26, 2017 7:18 PM

Sep 2015
Wow Gai planned all of that to get a deal. I wonder what Arisa and Gai did when he was like you need ppl to spoil you. Im pretty sure now that Shuu had a sister or some sort of childhood friend that died.
Aug 4, 2017 3:41 PM

Jun 2017
AAAND I still hate Gai. This episode hasn't changed anything.

Not enough screen time for Inori in my Opinion.

Wtf is his mother doing? She's acting like she is his sister or something like that but definitely not a mother.

Aug 6, 2017 9:32 AM

Jan 2013
So it's probably not Shu's biological mother judging from that last scene and him calling her out by name and not "mother".
Interesting seeing Inori in the pic aswell.
Oct 12, 2017 1:09 PM

Aug 2016
I don't really believe that high school part anime, but Iam sort of glad its back there with more characters, some interesting for me. Show also recall itself at few parts.
And new RHQ director from US generality is really funny, everything is possible with enough spirit and "guts". Like ordering missile AA fire on ship with potentional enemies. And if that doesn't work, fire all of them, Superior firepower doctrine can never fail, because bullets are cheaper then human lives. At least with US industrial power backing it. But what about international healthcare organization izolating Japan on national level? I guess he ruined their budget a little. Those types of missiles are not cheap. But why international healthcare organization even needs AA missiles in first place?
Mar 1, 2019 8:27 AM

Feb 2018
Nice Shu you safe Haruka.
Sep 21, 2019 10:02 AM

Apr 2013
Anime mums are always 10x hotter than normal mums.
Jan 29, 2020 5:42 PM

Aug 2017
Gai is a pimp

Stupid overpowered Shu saving the day again. God he sucks
Jan 31, 2020 10:49 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Pretty good episode, it was nice to see them saving the party
May 19, 2020 6:27 PM
Oct 2019
Well now I'm curious about the photo at the end...
Oct 27, 2020 3:25 AM

Feb 2017
Well, the storytelling is officially drunk. I take it our newfound allies conveniently aren’t going to be targeted after this? I take it the development between Shu and Inori was even more pointless than expected? I guess it makes sense how incompetent our evil organization is because we put a football coach who shot every missile they had at some random boat because of an anonymous tip???

Yeah, I’m not gonna think about it. That all being said, best episode so far. It finally committed to something instead of being soulless (granted that something was being dumb as bricks). Colonel Eagleman is the best character I’ve seen in this show, hands down. Gai’s flirting via comparison to a pet armadillo was truly something to behold.

...Seriously what is this show lmaooo
Feb 1, 2021 10:05 PM
Jul 2018
So far I think the story is very uninteresting and stupid.

Also I've been thinking this since episode 1, but the "plot twist" they seem to want to pull is so obvious it has to be a red herring.
Jan 10, 2022 6:41 AM

Dec 2007
this show is bad at introducing new characters, but good at strengthening new ones.
Mar 5, 2022 11:17 AM
Nov 2020
Now it's getting interesting huh
Mar 24, 2022 4:05 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Wow, right off the bat we hear an announcement on the train reminding people to get vaccinated for the sake of their loved ones. I wonder if anything like that will happen irl one day. Who knows

Oh yeah I forgot that Inori is pretty much living with Shu. That's normal I guess. It is anime after all. And of course he accidentally trips and falls on top of Inori, when then his mom walks in (who totally disregards the situation btw) looking like THAT. YO, ever heard of JERK MATE?? Bruh we get a shot later where his mom's ass takes up half the frame. What is this MASTERPIECE

How to turn surface-to-air missiles into surface-to-surface? FLIP THE TRUCK OVER SIDEWAYS!!!! AAHHHH MASTERPIECE!!!

Gai calling the student council president an armadillo seemed really odd, as well as him with his whole ploy about revealing her true self. Turns out it was all some (cheap) foreshadowing, as she possessed a shield-type of void which Shu put to good use. I love how Segai is pretty much just sleeping through the whole thing.

I wonder when they will tell us who this mysterious woman is and what her relation is to Shu.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 9, 2022 1:12 PM

Feb 2012
We got an Ojou-sama character, and she's voiced by Aya Endou (Sheryl Nome's VA). So whenever she speaks with Gai, it's like a mini-Macross Frontier reunion.

Hare Menjou is a Fujoshi. His other classmate thinks GHQ gave him hamburgers when he was interrogated, this and having a blond man named "Dan Eagleman", paints a very obvious picture of who GHQ are meant to be.

So Shu's scientist mom (who I think works for a company in contact with GHQ but not for GHQ directly?) is some drunkard party girl (very obvious Misato-clone), comes home to find her alleged son with Inori. Why does Shu call her by her first name "Haruka"? Is he adopted?

Interesting that Shu made up his defence to Haruka of being caught in a lewd situation with Inori as saving her from the "violent brother" she lives with who everyone thinks is a saint, he's alluding to Gai.

Eagleman, the American, turning surface-to-air missiles to surface-to-surface by getting Yan's mecha to tip over their trucks. It's crazy enough to work if it weren't for Arisa's void. There's a GHQ ally aboard that ship, Haruka, yet they fire anyway?

Gai planned all this, including leaking the intel to GHQ as the whole point was to demonstrate to Kuhouin that they have a means to fight back (Shu's Void Genom), and by analysing Arisa, was able to tell that the Void Shu would pull out of her was something protective like an armadillo.

Haruka knows who Inori is and all three met in the past? Considering how well, they work together including the whole pact between them in the first episode and Gai's jealousy. I think both Inori and Shu are test-tube babies that Haruka developed, he was deliberately engineered by her to have the Void Genom, with Inori engineered to activate his ability. The source of Inori's DNA could be a person that was close to Gai.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

43 by Merve2Love »»
Jul 27, 11:12 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

504 by Firemax »»
Jul 13, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 17, 2011

265 by DooMWhite »»
Jun 25, 5:34 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.