Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Nov 19, 2011 5:34 PM

Jul 2011
Boom, headshot.
Nov 19, 2011 5:57 PM

Feb 2010
awesome. money shot baby.

Gai is awesome.

that is all.
Nov 19, 2011 6:16 PM

Jan 2008
I should really stop going into these episode discussions after watching such great episodes of anime.

People are entirely too stupid.

One person will say Shu is a pussy, but the minute he does something that shows he isn't a pussy, the same person will say that what he did was cliche, or that he's stupid for listening to Inori and Gai. But if he DOESN'T listen to Gai (i.e., disagreeing with a plan that will have 35% [read, THIRTY-FIVE FUCKING PERCENT {that's a lot, in case the people claiming Shu is a pussy for not wanting to participate in the plan don't understand percentages}] casualties), he is, ONCE AGAIN, called a pussy.

Heh.

At least TRY to have coherent, non-circular, non-contradictory arguments.

Make up your fucking minds.

But I'll agree that I dislike Inori and Gai. Although, I'd like Shu's relationship with Gai if Inori died or something. Every anime needs a decent bromance.

Overall great episode, but it needed WAY more Ayase.
Nov 19, 2011 6:21 PM
Feb 2011
is it only me who still don't gets the fucking story... they just do shit without any explanation
Nov 19, 2011 7:32 PM
Nov 2011
MorningGlory said:
^
James Bond always able to precisely aim his mob enemy while those mob enemy have 0% chance of shooting him.Even a mecha can be shoot down if it is only a mob level .Since those mob soldier know they won't be able to hit her, so they just run forward and let he kill.Those mob soldier are doing the right decision .

Lol yeah nice explaination (no sarcasm intended)
Nov 19, 2011 8:51 PM

Sep 2008
I liked the part where all of the unexplained things from the past 5 episodes were explained and all the plotholes were finally filled and now this anime makes perfect sense. Loved that part.
Nov 19, 2011 9:15 PM

Sep 2011
If Shu kills someone with intention in the next ep then I'll like this series a lot better.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Nov 20, 2011 12:39 AM

Oct 2011
bonifide said:
I officially hate Shu with a passion. He is a bitch like no other in anime. I thought he would man up finally and i was let down. I truly wish Gai had Shu power. I hope with a passion Shu dies a horrible death at the end. He knew what he was getting into now he scared to kill.

Shu can save the world/universe and he still will be the number 1 bitch in anime history.
personally i think most people in shu's position would react with a lot of fear/hesitation - would love to see how you would "man up" in similar situation - is a bit of realism in a story such a bad thing? - every character can't be some hyper-macho war machine (thank god!)
Nov 20, 2011 12:40 AM
Nov 2011
octal9 said:
bonifide said:
I officially hate Shu with a passion. He is a bitch like no other in anime. I thought he would man up finally and i was let down. I truly wish Gai had Shu power. I hope with a passion Shu dies a horrible death at the end. He knew what he was getting into now he scared to kill.

Shu can save the world/universe and he still will be the number 1 bitch in anime history.
personally i think most people in shu's position would react with a lot of fear/hesitation - would love to see how you would "man up" in similar situation - is a bit of realism in a story such a bad thing? - every character can't be some hyper-macho war machine (thank god!)

Finally a person who thinks with two halves of their brain
Nov 20, 2011 1:47 AM
Apr 2011
InfiniteDestinyAs for Shu it was a rollar coaster for me in the sense that it was up and down in what i thought of his character, at first he seemed like the "pussy" that people keep claiming him to be with the Inori scene, the complaining about the plan was predictable, but to get over what Inori did to him that quickly, and even saying sorry when she told him that she hated they way he was speaking... really... why the heck should he even talk to her after what she did much less apologize... whether she meant it or not in his eyes it should be a betrayal, so to get over it like that didn't fit well with me.[/quote said:

this! this entire episode just didnt fit well with me. from now on in this anime im gonna look at this relationship between the two (its gonna happen) is based on complete and utter bullshit. i mean cmon wtf are you apologizing for? grow a set of balls and tell it like it is too her. this is the only time i have called shu a "pussy" or whatever and hopefully the last. its almost sickening knowing that the next episode they are gonna be all friends again holding hands skipping off into the sunset. fuck that
Nov 20, 2011 2:05 AM

Sep 2011
Wow, I'm impressed (actually overwhelmed) by the amount of debates going on here!
Nov 20, 2011 2:52 AM

Feb 2011
thekiller99 said:
octal9 said:
bonifide said:

Finally a person who thinks with two halves of their brain

Amen to that.
Awesome ep, awesome main char. Enough said
Nov 20, 2011 6:04 AM

Mar 2011
octal9 said:
bonifide said:

lol realism. If this had any realism then main protagonist would have been dead since eppisode1.
Nov 20, 2011 6:25 AM

Apr 2010
Lumathy said:
octal9 said:
bonifide said:

lol realism. If this had any realism then main protagonist would have been dead since eppisode1.

Physical realism is never going to be something you should expect from an animated show, it's just too difficult to convey in the medium without an incredible amount of effort. Psychological realism, however, can be conveyed much more easily, which is exactly what the idea of Shu being unsure and afraid in his current situation is about.
Nov 20, 2011 7:01 AM

Mar 2011
Anzekay said:

Physical realism is never going to be something you should expect from an animated show, it's just too difficult to convey in the medium without an incredible amount of effort. Psychological realism, however, can be conveyed much more easily, which is exactly what the idea of Shu being unsure and afraid in his current situation is about.

I don't think Shu is "psychological" realistic either, Inori just said she toyed with him by someone else's order yet right after that he's back to being her bitch this episode.
Nov 20, 2011 8:24 AM

Apr 2010
Lumathy said:
Anzekay said:

I don't think Shu is "psychological" realistic either, Inori just said she toyed with him by someone else's order yet right after that he's back to being her bitch this episode.

We have no idea exactly what she said to him though, it could have been a lot more involved than simply "go here, do this". If she gave him a rational reason to do it, then he could have had a much more compelling reason to do so. That, and he's still head over heels for her. Pretty easy to forget what she'd said to him when she's being that close to him again.

It's not perfect, but I think there is a lot more logic here than people are giving credit.
Nov 20, 2011 8:30 AM

Jan 2009
I wouldn't be surprised if Gai's "weak self" was another act to fool Shu in helping the rebels. The worst elements of this show is the fact it glorifies the Undertakers, which includes Gai and the silent girl. They're too manipulative, and dogmatic to the extent that they react too negatively to Shu's reasonable criticisms.

In regards to the show, the unknown girl was obviously the "childhood friend" cliche among the many other convoluted cliche's in this episode. The philosophy behind the show also comes of as close-minded to me.
Nov 20, 2011 9:45 AM

Jul 2008
lol forgot to mention that the enemy guards have undergone training at the Imperial Stormtroopers Marksmanship Academy. Apparently Daryl also went there, since after blasting at Gai with numerous rounds from his gun Gai isn't even hit, not even once.
Nov 20, 2011 10:10 AM

Oct 2010
OK I did not notice this at first but I got some thing that prove 100% certain things.

For one in the ED notice in the spoiler
that a red string of fate passes around from beginning to end. It goes through most of the friends in Funeral Parlour that Inori fights long with. What is really interesting is that it ties its end to that that other girl that appeared with Inori. Interesting stuff.

I can ascertain that the Miracle/Religion is used with science fiction exaggeration as seen from that beam. That is also used in Index however this series has much more mature looks IMO from how I see them.

Finally IMO Inori has 2 personality and is vessel that hosts that other girl. That other girl may be a sister of Inori or something else. Regardless I will stick to my theory that the other girl is a sister of Inori or twin sister. Then again there are very few spirits that can have their kinetic/mana meld into the other vessel and created something amazing in the process. As such Inori has the fusion possibility with voids.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 20, 2011 10:23 AM

Jul 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Finally IMO Inori has 2 personality and is vessel that hosts that other girl. That other girl may be a sister of Inori or something else. Regardless I will stick to my theory that the other girl is a sister of Inori or twin sister. Then again there are very few spirits that can have their kinetic/mana meld into the other vessel and created something amazing in the process. As such Inori has the fusion possibility with voids.

You mean a bit like Ringo/Momoka? lol
Nov 20, 2011 10:45 AM

Oct 2010
entropy13 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

You mean a bit like Ringo/Momoka? lol
Yeah, many have used that notion of sister bond-hood despite the other one being dead. So me meaning may easily be like you mention though I would be curious of the notion of fate in this series.

Clearly Gai was questioning it in regards to the lives lost of his comrades.

Nov 20, 2011 3:06 PM

Jan 2008
Every GHQ soldier in this episode shoot like a storm trooper.
Nov 20, 2011 3:24 PM

Jan 2011
Inori has Shu wrapped around her finger. He does anything she says.
Nov 20, 2011 3:29 PM

May 2010
Lumathy said:
Anzekay said:

Not really, he is back because of Gai.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 20, 2011 4:56 PM

Apr 2008
Awesome :D

Nov 20, 2011 9:26 PM

Dec 2010
yvanc said:

Red shirts are red.
Nov 20, 2011 10:11 PM

Nov 2011
Lauriet said:
yvanc said:

Red shirts are red.

Someone should Warn the GHQ Troopers that: "Friends don't let Friends wear Red Shirts." That, or Just make Blood Red Shirts, a part of their standard Uniform. Like the British did with their Uniforms back in the 1700s & 1800s.

Major Segai took care of the only GHQ Trooper that actually bothered to first, take aim at his target before shooting, back in Episode 4. Can't have Shu getting his head removed by a well placed Bullet? Can't we? Well. . . At least not this early in the series. Still a good Bullet Graze, or one in the shoulder, would have made for a good plot point, twist.
Summoning Dark: "What kind of human creates his own policeman?"

Watcman: "One who fears the dark."

"And so he should," said the enity, with satisfaction.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in." There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened it's little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. "Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be."

Nov 21, 2011 10:28 AM

May 2010
drendren said:
He "shot" a beam out of his sword...WTF

Oh yeah that was cool, I think he can literally defeat GHQ single handly

Nov 21, 2011 4:39 PM

Dec 2009
Yumekichi11 said:

The second one is beautiful, i so want the original. ;3;
This girl is so pretty, i really want to see her soon, i guess the one who's "about to wake up" is her, so i suppose she's alive?

And i'm wondering, Gai knew about the pen Shu had? I guess i lost myself a little bit.
Nov 21, 2011 5:40 PM

Oct 2010
Liinah said:
Yumekichi11 said:
The second one is beautiful, i so want the original. ;3;
This girl is so pretty, i really want to see her soon, i guess the one who's "about to wake up" is her, so i suppose she's alive?
If it really is her that will wake up then shit is going to hit the fans next episode. That means that there is a cure for the disease and she was cured.

It also means Gai will shit bricks once he sees her.

Nov 21, 2011 6:08 PM

May 2011
Liinah said:

And i'm wondering, Gai knew about the pen Shu had? I guess i lost myself a little bit.

I can only assume that Gai figured out about the pen when Ayase had it in her possession. Gai would have had assumed that they wouldn't let Shu get away so easily if they weren't trying to use him as a mole in some fashion. Especially after the confrontation they had in the visiting room when Gai acted as Shu's lawyer.
Nov 21, 2011 9:13 PM

Nov 2011
Cirris said:
Liinah said:

I can only assume that Gai figured out about the pen when Ayase had it in her possession. Gai would have had assumed that they wouldn't let Shu get away so easily if they weren't trying to use him as a mole in some fashion. Especially after the confrontation they had in the visiting room when Gai acted as Shu's lawyer.

Actually, Gai announcing the jailbreak, was meant to get GHQ to try to turn Shu. Remember, Funeral Parlour are terrorists, they do not have any human rights. No right to an lawyer. No right a trail by jury. Since Shu was being held as a suspected Terrorist, despite being the son of a important researcher, he didn't have any rights either. Major Segai's plan to turn Shu, opened the door for Gai's plan to be put into effect.
Summoning Dark: "What kind of human creates his own policeman?"

Watcman: "One who fears the dark."

"And so he should," said the enity, with satisfaction.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in." There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened it's little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. "Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be."

Nov 22, 2011 1:56 AM
Nov 2011
Like I thought this show is going somewhere. Is everyone happy with developments so far.
Nov 22, 2011 4:34 AM

Dec 2010
mike13531 said:
Is everyone happy with developments so far.

Plenty happy, thanks for asking.
Nov 22, 2011 5:34 AM

Nov 2008
bonifide said:

Sorry that is reserved for Evangelions Shinji - no matter how bad Crown is or Shu
Nov 22, 2011 7:47 AM

Apr 2010
sirwence said:
bonifide said:

Sorry that is reserved for Evangelions Shinji - no matter how bad Crown is or Shu

I dunno, I think Ganta from Deadman Wonderland could out-wimp Shinji.
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Nov 22, 2011 8:23 AM

May 2011
I just wish that everyone would stop hating on Shu. I mean he's acting like any normal person would have acted! Do you think that a normal person who is thrust into a terrorist group could easily do something like killing someone?! I'm sure that most of you haters out there woulda pissed your pants if you were in his position.

I still don't trust Gai. I'm sure that whole speech was just to get Shu once again wrapped around their fingers. I just wish that someone would stand up for Shu and say something like, "I agree with Shu." or "I disagree with you Gai, Shu has a better idea." because every one of them keeps screwing him over. It seems that no one in the FP can be trusted besides Ayase. Although, I think that some people disagree with what Gai has to say, but they're afraid to say anything...

It seems that Inori is split up into two personalities; that blondish haired girl (who's probably Cocytus) and Inori herself. At least that's what it looks like. Also, they said that she's looking for her "beloved king" which is probably Shu, since he has the Power of "Kings."

I’m just trying to be okay. Some days it’s harder than others. I hide away the most real parts of myself from everyone else. The emotions that I try to escape from. The constant pain I feel. The nightmares that keep me awake at night.

It hurts sometimes... knowing that the world is continuing happily all around me while I continue to drown in alcohol and slowly die inside myself.

Nov 22, 2011 9:21 AM
Oct 2010
There's a difference between likability and logical coherency in characters. One could hate a character for his traits but still agree that he's well-written by the attributes that were given to him.

And I don't get all the talk about him being a pussy anyway. He's had a lack of a reason to fight for from the start of the show, normally he wouldn't immediately start killing people for an arbitrary reason. THAT would indeed be a major flaw in character design. Considering that, I've seen only 2 choices he's made that could be labeled as passive ("hurr he such a pussy!"): Inori's arrest and declining Gai's offer of joining the team. The former is only a logical conclusion of not being a trained fighter and the latter is a result of him being in a situation where there are too many uncertainties to make a rash decision.
Apart from that, he's shown this so-said "badassness" by desperately trying to fight for his thoughts, feelings and ideals. He put his life on the line to protect Inori and other people (Yahiro, Gai) in several desperate situations, shouldered the responsibility for saving all the people and guiding the mission to success in Ep 2 and 6 and openly opposed Inori and Gai in situations where he didn't agree with their intentions and reasoning.

You might call him many things, but he's definitely no wimp who's silently following foreign orders.
Nov 22, 2011 10:20 AM

May 2011
Zergneedsfood said:

Why do people bring up "he's just acting normally!" as an excuse to liking a character? It's such a retarded reason.

Whether or not someone acted "normal" (and define normal please) is NEVER a good reason to like someone. If someone is annoying normally, he's going to be annoying. Shu just happens to be a panzy normally, and thus gets the hate that MOST main characters get for being a panzy. It has nothing to do with whether or not we put ourselves in his shoes.

I'm sure a lot of us would be fine if he wasn't acting "normally". Most fiction stories require us to let go our disbelief anyway. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to just believe that Shu was a badass.

Personally, Shu is getting better, but he's still needs more balls. Wheelchair-chan needs more screen time, and Inori should just keep staying quiet.

Well, you have your opinion and I have mine. I just wish that people could have a little compassion for Shu and what he's going through. I'm not gonna start an argument over the Internet about Shu's character though, so I'll leave it at that.

I’m just trying to be okay. Some days it’s harder than others. I hide away the most real parts of myself from everyone else. The emotions that I try to escape from. The constant pain I feel. The nightmares that keep me awake at night.

It hurts sometimes... knowing that the world is continuing happily all around me while I continue to drown in alcohol and slowly die inside myself.

Nov 22, 2011 11:42 AM

Sep 2011
chromerokudo61 said:
Zergneedsfood said:

Why do people bring up "he's just acting normally!" as an excuse to liking a character? It's such a retarded reason.

Whether or not someone acted "normal" (and define normal please) is NEVER a good reason to like someone. If someone is annoying normally, he's going to be annoying. Shu just happens to be a panzy normally, and thus gets the hate that MOST main characters get for being a panzy. It has nothing to do with whether or not we put ourselves in his shoes.

I'm sure a lot of us would be fine if he wasn't acting "normally". Most fiction stories require us to let go our disbelief anyway. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to just believe that Shu was a badass.

Personally, Shu is getting better, but he's still needs more balls. Wheelchair-chan needs more screen time, and Inori should just keep staying quiet.

Well, you have your opinion and I have mine. I just wish that people could have a little compassion for Shu and what he's going through. I'm not gonna start an argument over the Internet about Shu's character though, so I'll leave it at that.
this guy has it right, also people are impacient, its obviosu that shu will develope as the series goes on for christ sakes if you havent notice dhow much hes manned up in recent episodes that a problem you have not the show,

tell em did you still think outright attacking the gai was a pussy move, him standing up to gai in front of a large crowd was a pussy move, him standing up and risking his life to take down the sate light was a pussy move, the guy has manned up significantly in recent episodes and were not even halfway through yet

and is there really a problem with him not wanting to kill people, it makes him more 3 dimensional instead of being some generic killing machine like most anime protagonists.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 22, 2011 12:42 PM

Dec 2010
chromerokudo61 said:

Compassion, to Shu? Omg! Why would we do that. Not like he is normal and the average socially inept guy off the street. I mean he has the power to pull crystallized weapons out of people, he has to be badass!

Sarcasm aside, I like Shu well enough. His whole character is meant to feel average and plain, since he was almost literally plucked right off the street into the whole mess.

I'm not exactly full of empathy, but there has to be a lot of confusion and frustration for him.

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

the guy has manned up significantly in recent episodes and were not even halfway through yet

and is there really a problem with him not wanting to kill people, it makes him more 3 dimensional instead of being some generic killing machine like most anime protagonists.

Let's not forget he also is socially idiotic in the way he can only make 'quasi-friendships'. This has drastically improved since episode 1. Since now, because of both Ayase and Gai, he's learning to not solely judge on what's the surface. Something that would've saved him a lot of misery with Yahiro.

Also, I'm happy he doesn't want to hurt or kill people. Even happier he follows up on his words. A stark contrast to certain Gundam characters who are pacifistic up until the battle starts.
Nov 22, 2011 4:55 PM

Aug 2009
the BGM in this shit is fucking fantastic.
Nov 22, 2011 5:01 PM

Sep 2011
Lauriet said:

Also, I'm happy he doesn't want to hurt or kill people. Even happier he follows up on his words. A stark contrast to certain Gundam characters who are pacifistic up until the battle starts.
im glad too, i like characters that dont blindly kill just to kill, i mean one of my favorite things thats ever happened in anime was in eureka 7
it makes them seem human, it makes the chatracter not only more 3 dimensional but also more developed and thats how it is with shu

though looks like shu will be the oppossite of this where he will just start killing as the show goes on, lets just hope he doesnt end up like lelouch or light

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 22, 2011 5:26 PM

Aug 2010
The soundtrack in this episode was amazing.
Nov 22, 2011 7:08 PM

Feb 2010
wowowowoww

this episode was COMPLETLY HORRIBLE , awful.

how can anyone say that this have good action is beyond my understanding , enemies are completly idiots , they made no sense.

the scene with inori and the soldiers was completly ridiculous.
Nov 22, 2011 8:24 PM

Nov 2008
Silly Inori... Pointing her guns like a Black person :v
Nov 23, 2011 12:04 AM
Nov 2011
Soundtrack said:
the BGM in this shit is fucking fantastic.

Deshooooo? Totally Agree!
Satisfaction is death.
Nov 23, 2011 2:44 PM
May 2009
HecateAster006 said:
I hope Shu will finally man up to kill someone

pleas go back to ep 1 and 2 and re watch, and you will see that shu already killed quite a lot.
Nov 23, 2011 5:09 PM

Dec 2010
g0tic said:
HecateAster006 said:
I hope Shu will finally man up to kill someone

pleas go back to ep 1 and 2 and re watch, and you will see that shu already killed quite a lot.

Please go back to episode 1 and 3 and rewatch yourself. As it stands, Endlave's are remote controlled (minus Daryl's Ayase's steiner). You'd be surprised at the subtle details, and the pilots being external is actually one of the more obvious points.

The closest thing I saw him get him to outright killing is when he set up the Kaleidoscope's absolute barrier, and even then that was indirectly, because what killed the GHQ soldiers were their own fire.
Nov 23, 2011 9:50 PM
Sep 2010
dark_666 said:
I have a opnion that Inori likes Shu, but she have to take care of Gai that have health problems.

I agree with this. I got the impression Inori was just saying "Gai told me to say ily bffl."
And clearly Shu should read up on his history and become a hero of justice like Liu Bei in ROTK XD.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

43 by Merve2Love »»
Jul 27, 11:12 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

504 by Firemax »»
Jul 13, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.