Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2010 10:58 PM
Dec 2009
Anitnelav said:
Needs moar gore.

yep.

still enjoyable in my taste.
Jul 12, 2010 11:02 PM

Dec 2006
This series is doing a damn good job of a zombie survival horror type of setting and story, I don't see what people are complaining about. If you're looking for bare tits or more fanservice watch a fucking Hentai basement dwellers.
リスト 。。

Jul 12, 2010 11:11 PM

Jun 2010
This episode was pretty bad; an unexpected drop in quality from the first. I didn't give 1/8 of a rat's shit when Saya was crying. The teacher is going to be really annoying, especially if those sound effects stay along with her.
Jul 12, 2010 11:14 PM

Dec 2009
Kira said:
This series is doing a damn good job of a zombie survival horror type of setting and story, I don't see what people are complaining about. If you're looking for bare tits or more fanservice watch a fucking Hentai basement dwellers.

Gotta agree, I'm liking this anime a lot. Though the minute+ of names at the end pisses me off at the waste.

Oh and this better never become a harem show...
u2blahJul 12, 2010 11:18 PM
Jul 12, 2010 11:20 PM

Oct 2007
not terribly bad, not great either. i hope its for a set up that follows. what made the ep for me was the small news clip at the end of the show, brings that ominous feeling up a bit
Jul 12, 2010 11:25 PM

Jan 2008
genomaru said:
RaiStorM said:
this is a ZOMBIE Anime with a HAREM style setting ... okay ? got it ??? *sigh*

lol its not Harem

u read the manga ? the setting is harem-style however u look at it ^^

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Jul 12, 2010 11:27 PM

Feb 2008
RaiStorM said:
genomaru said:
RaiStorM said:

lol its not Harem

i read the manga. i still dont see harem in it. its not really a harem if two girls like one guy.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jul 12, 2010 11:36 PM
Jan 2009
I really enjoyed that. I loved Kouhta. I can't wait for the next episode. I would have liked the nurse if she wasn't so bouncy.

Jul 12, 2010 11:46 PM

Nov 2006
looks like HOTD threads attract idiots. i'll keep in mind to stay away.
Jul 13, 2010 12:05 AM

Mar 2010
RaiStorM said:
genomaru said:
RaiStorM said:

lol its not Harem

I don't think it's a harem, if it were harem then all the girls would have fallen in love with Takashi. I can only see that Rei is the only one who has clearly shown feelings for Takashi.
Jul 13, 2010 12:44 AM

Feb 2010
9ine said:
This episode was pretty bad; an unexpected drop in quality from the first. I didn't give 1/8 of a rat's shit when Saya was crying. The teacher is going to be really annoying, especially if those sound effects stay along with her.

yeah... 'cause you don't give a shit about characters, character development and relations it was a drop of quality?
I beg you pardon, but wtf do you expected this show to be?
Jul 13, 2010 1:15 AM

Jan 2009
Still, EPICNESS TO THE MAX
Jul 13, 2010 1:31 AM

Nov 2009
After this episode, there is something I have to say; Hirano with Madarame's voice for the win. I can't really say taht I liked it any more or less than the first episode, but I think it's going in a good direction (the way of the Manga =3) and I can't wait for the next episode. Wish we could get the Uncensored though...
Jul 13, 2010 1:36 AM

Aug 2009
What I like about HOTD is that while it does stick fairly close to classic zombie fiction plot devices/character types, its execution of those elements is very well done. It kinda reminds me of The Walking Dead and Dead Rising in that sense. Nothing too different or gimmicky, just a handful of survivors against a world of Romero-style shamblers.

More on topic though, I get the feeling that Nobuyuki Hiyama is the only guy who could voice Hirano. I mean seriously, his voice is too perfect for the role, what with being able to switch from fat nerdy loser to hot-blooded gun nut at the drop of a hat.

And lastly, with regards to everyone bitching about this series, I'm pretty sure it's just another case of hype backlash, with both sides sharing the blame. I'd say that we should all just watch what we like to watch and not worry so much about what other people think/what we think they should think, but if it were that easy, we wouldn't be having these arguments in the first place.
Ha-cha!
Jul 13, 2010 1:37 AM

Jan 2008
harem means 3 or more girls jep but thats not the point i just said harem-style cast ... the charcter cast is made up in that way with the childhood friend .. the cool but dense beauty ... the funny clumsy moe nurse ... that iq-megane tsundere ... u wont have troubles to fit that cast into any harem-rom-com but its "thrown" into that zombie setting thats what i tried to say ... ah well whatever ^^

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
Jul 13, 2010 1:52 AM

Oct 2007
Wow, I already knew this was going to attract a bunch of mindless idiots who just want gore, violence, and boobs... but never thought it wold be THIS MANY!

Though I do agree that nurse/teacher will more than likely get on my nerve if she continues to act like that... I've never liked airheads =/ even if they have giant boobs.
Jul 13, 2010 2:06 AM

Jun 2009
only me or Takagi really annoying bitch this time...
Jul 13, 2010 3:42 AM

Sep 2008
Hmm, enteraining episode. The first episode had a bit more of the "wow factor" but then again...it was the first episode after all. Of course, this episode also had Hirano, so it evens out.

Definitely looking forward to the next episode.
---

Hmm...
Jul 13, 2010 4:45 AM

Aug 2009
LightningRamiel said:

More on topic though, I get the feeling that Nobuyuki Hiyama is the only guy who could voice Hirano. I mean seriously, his voice is too perfect for the role, what with being able to switch from fat nerdy loser to hot-blooded gun nut at the drop of a hat

This guy knows what I'm talking about!
Jul 13, 2010 4:54 AM

Sep 2008
The pace is too slow for me who already read 14 chapter of manga or so...

Fai will agree with me for this.
Jul 13, 2010 5:10 AM

Apr 2010
Less tits and more gore, pliiz.

Optime olere occisum hostem!
Jul 13, 2010 5:11 AM
Feb 2010
Fahlaine said:
More tits and more gore, pliiz.

^ Fixed.
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

Jul 13, 2010 5:36 AM

Jul 2007
Phantoka said:
Fahlaine said:
MOAR Tits covered in GORE, pl0x.

^ Fixed.

Doublefixed.

fertygo said:

well I have no problems with slower pace.....IF THIS DID NOT HAVE A SET NOUMBER OF 13 EPISODES.

Because of this fact pacing worries me a lot. AS I can't even imagine on where will 13th ep end or even if (god please no) we will get some shitty anime-original ending, ala Claymore....
Jul 13, 2010 5:40 AM

Apr 2010
GTFOU2 >:| ^

Optime olere occisum hostem!
Jul 13, 2010 5:41 AM

Sep 2008
yes, with this kind of pace I can't think proper checkpoint to stop, I already scared with possibility of the "worst" >_>
Jul 13, 2010 5:41 AM

Jan 2008
Fai said:
Phantoka said:
Fahlaine said:
MOAR Tits covered in GORE, pl0x.

^ Fixed.

Doublefixed.

fertygo said:

well I have no problems with slower pace.....IF THIS DID NOT HAVE A SET NOUMBER OF 13 EPISODES.

Because of this fact pacing worries me a lot. AS I can't even imagine on where will 13th ep end or even if (god please no) we will get some shitty anime-original ending, ala Claymore....

People who don't know what will happen in the future probably don't click the spoiler even though I don't think you'll get it.

If its popular enough, they'll just throw in a second season, which at this rate, seems plausible.
PaulJul 13, 2010 5:46 AM
Jul 13, 2010 6:09 AM

Feb 2008
Not horrible but if they make the bouncing tits sounds throughout the series I'll definitely drop it. They seem determined to cut out as much manga material as possible. At the rate they're going an anime original ending is highly likely.
Jul 13, 2010 7:10 AM

Dec 2008
I dont know whats going on in the manga, but the anime really rocks~! One thing I would like to suggest is to remove or edit the utterly predictable news report at the end, especially the part when the reporter got bitten and screaming before the transmission got cut off. We have seen such things repeated in a million other disaster/horror shows... Y do it here?!
Jul 13, 2010 7:12 AM

Apr 2008
Hydrazoid said:
I dont know whats going on in the manga, but the anime really rocks~! One thing I would like to suggest is to remove or edit the utterly predictable news report at the end, especially the part when the reporter got bitten and screaming before the transmission got cut off. We have seen such things repeated in a million other disaster/horror shows... Y do it here?!

Oh I don't know. MAYBE CAUSE IT IS THE FIRST TIME IT WAS DONE IN AN ANIME
Jul 13, 2010 7:40 AM

Jul 2009
Big step up from the first episode. Less random panty shots though there were still a million and one. 3/5 for me.
Jul 13, 2010 7:46 AM

Jun 2008
Darklight0303 said:
Hydrazoid said:

Oh I don't know. MAYBE CAUSE IT IS THE FIRST TIME IT WAS DONE IN AN ANIME

Yeah, but that scene was completely ripped off from Diary of the Dead.

See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIP4wHqGGlU
Jul 13, 2010 7:49 AM
Jul 2018
The blond with the bouncing oppai irritates me. The sound effects even worse. I am loving the kendou woman though <3
Jul 13, 2010 7:50 AM

Aug 2008
Grmo said:

The show is an homage to that entire series, in case you haven't noticed.
Jul 13, 2010 8:00 AM

Nov 2007
Censors are killing me, I was so confused about what was going on in the drill-to-the-head scene for a long time. If they're gonna censor shit, at least censor it in a better way. Geez.
Jul 13, 2010 8:01 AM

Apr 2008
noteDhero said:
Grmo said:

The show is an homage to that entire series, in case you haven't noticed.

What Noted said. THe series was made as an homage from the author, to all of the classics in zombie flicks and movies
Jul 13, 2010 8:38 AM

Sep 2008
Woot!I love the blood,and the screams,and everything.Now they all got together.Wonder if someone will get killed?>.>
Jul 13, 2010 8:40 AM

Jul 2009
The blonde nurse can't seriously be that vaccant; I hope she's the one who started the entire desaster and is leading the zombies.
I thought it was funny when she fell over and the kendo girl claims it was because her skirt isn't made for running, when obviously, her bust weighed her down.

I really hope the pink haired girl stops calling people 'stupid'!
Considering she's suppose to be a genious, using the same phrases and looking down on others lowers her intelect level.
Pink hair girl is smart, yet not too efficient, she seems the type who has to stop and think; organised, yet not spontanious.
The chubby boy has proven to be extreemly resourcefull, matching her intelligence (maybe even suppassing it), she was wrong about him.:p
Superiority complexes that often recives a brutal knock, she needs a humble pie.

Why do they seem to assume that disaster is only occuring within the school?

I'll say Kendo girl and chubby boy are my favourites.
Yes, obviously, I can't remember the names.

Jul 13, 2010 9:10 AM

Jan 2008
werr-y said:
Hahaha, no sex, no violence = worthless? Manny, there is something wrong with you...

no there is something wrong with you

you watch HSotD... for the plot ?

come on, this anime was meant to show TITS and BLOOD, and that was all it had to do to be awesome, because everything else is cliche and dull, it's not a masterpiece, it's a show you watch with beer, pizza and pals, this is pure entertainment

however, it didn't deliver

this is not explicit violence, nothing is shown, everything is suggested, we don't see a damn thing, and I'm not mentioning this pathetic "boink boink" noise. That's why this show is pointless, it's like fanservice without fanservice.
roquefortJul 13, 2010 9:16 AM
Jul 13, 2010 9:24 AM

Feb 2008
yeah, head smashing and head drilling is for pussies. real men watch guro

Jul 13, 2010 9:34 AM
Oct 2009
Shits about to go down eh
Jul 13, 2010 9:37 AM

Jan 2008
genomaru said:
yeah, off-screen head smashing and off-screen head drilling is for pussies. real men watch Genocyber

fixed that for you, bro.
Jul 13, 2010 9:39 AM

Jan 2009
MannyCalavera said:
werr-y said:
Hahaha, no sex, no violence = worthless? Manny, there is something wrong with you...

no there is something wrong with you

you watch HSotD... for the plot ?

come on, this anime was meant to show TITS and BLOOD, and that was all it had to do to be awesome, because everything else is cliche and dull, it's not a masterpiece, it's a show you watch with beer, pizza and pals, this is pure entertainment

however, it didn't deliver

this is not explicit violence, nothing is shown, everything is suggested, we don't see a damn thing, and I'm not mentioning this pathetic "boink boink" noise. That's why this show is pointless, it's like fanservice without fanservice.

Yep, those zombies should first strip the girls and then rape and eat them at the same time.
Jul 13, 2010 10:02 AM

Feb 2008
MannyCalavera said:
genomaru said:
yeah, off-screen head smashing and off-screen head drilling is for pussies. real men watch Genocyber

fixed that for you, bro.

GURO!

Jul 13, 2010 10:08 AM

Jun 2010
DarkChaplain said:
9ine said:

yeah... 'cause you don't give a shit about characters, character development and relations it was a drop of quality?

No, because most of the characters aren't that likable and the plot so far is pretty shallow-even for something like this. And you know, it's only been 2 episodes, the quality could drastically change and stuff, obviously. (That doesn't stop people from writing reviews, though.)
Jul 13, 2010 10:26 AM

Apr 2008
9ine said:
DarkChaplain said:
9ine said:

No, because most of the characters aren't that likable and the plot so far is pretty shallow-even for something like this. And you know, it's only been 2 episodes, the quality could drastically change and stuff, obviously. (That doesn't stop people from writing reviews, though.)

They aren't likable to you. This is not a general fact you can claim applies to everyone else here.
Jul 13, 2010 11:57 AM

Jun 2010
Darklight0303 said:
They aren't likable to you. This is not a general fact you can claim applies to everyone else here.

True, true.
Jul 13, 2010 12:03 PM

Nov 2007
I keep thinking Saya = Yuri from angel beats. other than that, the censoring sucks but this is still about as awesome as I thought it'd be.
Jul 13, 2010 1:39 PM

Nov 2009
Darklight0303 said:
LostHanyou said:
magentaanbu said:
Pink haired girl is so fucking annoying.

Why's that? Because she's a more human character than emotionless samurai badass?

Oh she's more than that but you'll see later on *chuckles ominously*

Well I hope so because at this point she seems pretty generic outside of character design (she does look awesome).
Jul 13, 2010 1:51 PM

Aug 2009
That pink haired genious girl is really getting on my nerves. I guess I can't blame her since zombies suddenly sprouted out of nowhere. That or I guess she's just jealous since the girl Takagi love is there with her.

Okay so everyone is gathered up already and each one has a different personality, lol. I wonder what's next. From what I saw, it seems to be that they're going to go outside the school and rescue their families. I bet they're zombies aswell.

Man I'm starting to fall for this Anime. I loved how the scenery looks so gloomy just to add the horror level.
Jul 13, 2010 2:02 PM

Apr 2009
meh annoying girls are annoying

TOO MUCH FUCKING SCREAMING X(

not cool at all
Pages (10) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Jul 4, 2010

1368 by GleissonSenpai »»
Sep 13, 6:12 PM

» One of the most entertaining anime ever. ( 1 2 )

CickNipolla - Jul 3, 2022

61 by Dcyber »»
Aug 5, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 8, 2010

493 by Armaldork »»
Aug 4, 7:42 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

543 by James_xeno »»
Jul 18, 8:32 AM

» Is Rei a virgin or did she lose it with Hisashi?

JusTFoRTroll - Jul 21, 2014

33 by salmoi »»
Jun 19, 12:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.