Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 8, 2010 4:16 PM

Jun 2008
Meddigo said:
This episode didn't even have a fairy tale to twist! That was the only thing I liked about the first episode (how they twisted Cinderella).

It was The boy who cried wolf.
But seriously, the narrator need to shut up, she talked during 75% of the episode.
Jul 8, 2010 4:18 PM

Jan 2010
At first, I was getting annoyed by Ryoushi utter uselessness, but the later parts of the episode proved that he is indeed a BA. Can't wait to see some good development for him.

The narrator is a little annoying at times. Sometimes she say some really funny things, but she gets annoying with disrupting conversations.

Can't wait to see where this series is heading to.
Jul 8, 2010 4:23 PM

Dec 2007
Araya said:
Meddigo said:
This episode didn't even have a fairy tale to twist! That was the only thing I liked about the first episode (how they twisted Cinderella).

Do you know the story of The Boy Who Cried Wolf?

Cause there wasn't anything even close to that fairy tale in this episode.
Jul 8, 2010 4:28 PM

Nov 2007
lol@ all those saying Ryoushi became strong out of nowhere and how OOC he was. So, one episode later you suddenly know the main character like a book? Laughable.

I mean, first episode already stated that he grew up living in the mountains with his uncle who is a hunter (or something like that). I already expected him to be tougher than he looks, no doubt because he had a much different lifestyle up there. Even his final brawl with the leader wasn't too far-fetched with how he could dodge and block, not to metion he was visibly shown taking some damage from it. The uppercut could be taken as possible because the boss was already weakened from Ookami... or Ryoushi really is as strong as he looks. Both seem logical to me, I mean the guy took a steel pipe and other blows previously and managed to stand up not long after.

That aside, the narrator is still hit or miss with me. The scriptwriter honestly needs to stop making her lines overlap with the actual dialogue and most importantly stop point out the damned obvious. It was like a documentary. "This is Ookami. See Ookami run. Run Ookami, run. Ookami likes dogs. She is petting the dogs." Not the actual lines but pretty much how I felt they were like.

... oh darn, all this tl;dr writing made me forget to -su when mentioning Ryoushi. I'll remember next week-su.
Jul 8, 2010 4:35 PM

Jul 2009
SkyFade said:
Who knows, maybe cause ive seen too many harems/comedy romances, but anytime I see a guy actually act like a man, well im shocked and joyed. It didnt break his character, he still has his phobia, if anything its his phobia that holds him back, he really isnt weak, I mean he did confess his love in the first episode, he is years above other anime guys.

^this.
You sah, have a point! This (and llleeeeeggggsss) is why I'm sticking with this show.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jul 8, 2010 4:44 PM

Jun 2008
Meddigo said:

Well the girl asked for help but lied. That's the only story close enough I could find, but if you have a better idea go for it.
Jul 8, 2010 4:49 PM

Jun 2009
^ I've only noticed obvious Urashima Tarou reference, Otohime was cute btw. ^^
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 8, 2010 5:00 PM

Oct 2008
I just got done watching the second episode, and it was action packed!

Anywho, I was glad that Ryoshi was given the spotlight this time,

Anyways, this was a very exciting and awesome second episode. I'm definitely looking forward to next week's tale of the Tortoise and the Hare.
Jul 8, 2010 5:06 PM

Apr 2010
Araya said:
Meddigo said:

Well the girl asked for help but lied. That's the only story close enough I could find, but if you have a better idea go for it.
It's just how you look at it i guess, put it in a different perspective.

The prince and princess set out to save the maiden in distress.
But ones they arrive at the place of the maidens peril they get surrounded by evil soldiers, and despite the prince efforts his princess gets captured.
Now the prince calls his friends and sets out to save his princess from the hands of the evil soldiers and there king.
And with the help of 2 dogs and his friends the prince saves the princess.

That way it sounds like a fairy tail to me.
It's been a while since i heard any fairy tails but i think it resembles 1001 nights and Sleeping Beauty in a way.
Might be very wrong about that tho.
Jul 8, 2010 5:13 PM

Jun 2010
Still out of curiosity, the wolf and little red riding hood I know those well, so there was a hunter in that story right cause I dont at all remember that story, or is Ryoushi as a hunter strictly optional?
Jul 8, 2010 5:16 PM

Sep 2009
Ha!
So now we have the
Grandma(Narrator)
Little Red Riding Hood(Ringo)
The Wolf(Ookami)
& The Hunter(Ryoushi)
Jul 8, 2010 5:29 PM

Aug 2008
Some one needs to terminate the narrator!

Then I will be happy :D
Jul 8, 2010 5:42 PM

Jan 2010
The original idea of the Narrator, I suppose, was to emphasize the whole "fairy tale" deal this series has as its niche; what kind of fairy tale, after all, has no narrator? I do find it exasperating that the Narrator has the most dialogue out of every character. I'm surprised the Narrator is labeled "Supporting" at this point.

This is shaping to be quite the fairy tale; I may choose it as my bedtime story once a week, since it seems to perform that job quite proficiently.
Jul 8, 2010 5:50 PM

Dec 2007
Aversa said:

The prince and princess set out to save the maiden in distress.
But ones they arrive at the place of the maidens peril they get surrounded by evil soldiers, and despite the prince efforts his princess gets captured.
Now the prince calls his friends and sets out to save his princess from the hands of the evil soldiers and there king.
And with the help of 2 dogs and his friends the prince saves the princess.

Sounds a lot like Bleach to me.
Jul 8, 2010 5:55 PM

Feb 2009
Decent episode. It's kinda hard to listen to the dialogue when Kuroko talks but thank god for subs ^^. I like where their relationship is going, let's see. Although we really need some info on the other 7 companions.
Jul 8, 2010 5:58 PM

Jun 2009
Awesome episode. Got a few chuckles out of me!

I'm liking Kuroko's narration more and more.
Jul 8, 2010 6:01 PM

Sep 2009
Nice episode. At first I was a little disappointed at Ryoushi's lack of fighting ability, but he pulled through by the end. Now if only the narrators dialogue didn't overlap with other character's dialogue everything would be fine.
Jul 8, 2010 6:02 PM

Oct 2009
2nd best show of the season next to Occult imo
Jul 8, 2010 6:04 PM
Sep 2009
Needs more Norio Wakamoto as narrator.
Jul 8, 2010 6:06 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
ilevakam said:
Ha!
So now we have the
Grandma(Narrator)
Little Red Riding Hood(Ringo)
The Wolf(Ookami)
& The Hunter(Ryoushi)

From the ending song we see:

Western fairytales:
President Liszt = The Grasshopper
Alice = The Ant?
Majolica = Witch?

Japanese fairytales:
Urashima Tarou = Urashima Tarou (obviously)
Otohime = Otohime (from Urashima Tarou)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 8, 2010 6:07 PM

Nov 2006
ryoushi
is
so
moe
i can't handle it
Jul 8, 2010 6:18 PM
Nov 2009
episode was great only probem is they should really have less narrations i mean i heard her voice through almost every fcking scene
Jul 8, 2010 6:31 PM

Dec 2009
Damn it was almost perfect , they really need to kill that annoying narrator ...
Jul 8, 2010 6:36 PM
Nov 2008
There's very little substance in this anime to keep me going. I don't find it funny, nor do the characters interest me, I don't know. Everything seems very lifeless, I will give it another episode, and decide to drop it or not. The narrator is very annoying, I like that seiyuu as Kuroko, but here it's really just in the way.
Jul 8, 2010 7:04 PM

Jan 2010
Loved the fighting~ That's pretty much the best thing about the show.
Jul 8, 2010 7:09 PM

Jan 2009
Araya said:
Meddigo said:

I came here wondering the same thing. Red riding hood/wolf/hunter characters seem to be the overarching thing for the series obviously from little red riding hood.

ep1: cinderella
ep2: I have no idea... the title was named after the 2 dogs Elizabeth and Francois (I think). I tried google but had no luck. Someone let me know if you figure it out
upcoming ep3: obviously the tortoise and the hair
KanuTousenJul 8, 2010 9:15 PM
Jul 8, 2010 7:13 PM

Jan 2008
Good episode but the Narrator is such a pain in the ass!!

Jul 8, 2010 7:14 PM

Jun 2010
Ryoushi all of a sudden turning badass in the end was kinda predictable. Enjoyable nonetheless. I'm still hating the narrator though....
Jul 8, 2010 7:15 PM

Mar 2010
This episode was little bit disappointing with quality problem and a typical shonen-manga-like plot; it looks like J.C. Staff has gotten lazy recently. Also, the narrator's voice was interfering too much with the dialogue, even though I understand that they were included to add some humor. Anyway, check out my friend's recent review of episode 2.

https://blogs.emory.edu/animec/2010/07/08/ookami-san-to-shichinin-no-nakama-tachi-02/
stevewiess01Jul 8, 2010 7:22 PM

Jul 8, 2010 7:15 PM

Apr 2010
SkyFade said:
Still out of curiosity, the wolf and little red riding hood I know those well, so there was a hunter in that story right cause I dont at all remember that story, or is Ryoushi as a hunter strictly optional?

ya he's the guy that cut open the wolfs stomach with an axe to let little red riding hood and grandma out... (go little kid's story!)

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Jul 8, 2010 7:41 PM

May 2010
Ryoushi is BA after all, huh...

But only if the narrator doesn't appear this frequently...

And my sig is not updated, unlike my list for quite a while now, wonder why...?
Jul 8, 2010 7:50 PM

Jun 2010
ya he's the guy that cut open the wolfs stomach with an axe to let little red riding hood and grandma out... (go little kid's story!)

Ah thanks for clarifying that, seems kinda gruesome for a kids story.
Jul 8, 2010 7:54 PM

May 2009
Divinity_123 said:
Needs more Norio Wakamoto as narrator.
That'd be so much win, seriously. But I have no problem with Arai Satomi being the narrator; I like her voice and I think it kind of adds to the comedy.

Good episode. Lots of fighting and Ryoushi proved he can handle himself.
Jul 8, 2010 8:07 PM
Jul 2018
Ryoushi has slingshot abilities. All I got from this episode.
Jul 8, 2010 8:20 PM

Dec 2009
I agree that the narrator is a disaster. All she does is talk over ther real dialog, stating what is obvious to anyone who is watching....

SkyFade said:
he really isnt weak, I mean he did confess his love in the first episode, he is years above other anime guys.
^this. And the previous episode did set up the idea that Ryoushi has hidden talents. I find him kind of charming :)
Jul 8, 2010 8:43 PM

Nov 2009
All episode i was for the narrator. This episode i cried and flinched at the uneccessary lines.... "They finished shopping." "Ryoushi called okami-san"

I LOVE Ryoushi though. Despite that we have gotten two confessions already this season on first episodes that still doesn't reduce the fact he is one of them. Plus he is a more interesting male lead; he isn't just your standard male lead, he fights to his personality.

Not really a shounen power developement really... I mean he only knocked out one person by hitting on a previous wound, although that was pretty O.o. I was caught in the moment though.
Jul 8, 2010 8:50 PM

Nov 2007
"i'm a hunter!!!"

LMFAO just crying over this line, sajklfgasg. that punch from ryoushi was totally unexpected though, i'm glad he earned ryouko's trust. 8)
Jul 8, 2010 9:04 PM

Feb 2008
Meddigo said:
Araya said:
Meddigo said:

I believe it was "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" but instead of the fairy tale it was a pun on Ookami's name. The narrator is supposed to be like the narration of a children's book which is usually much more explanatory than that in a book for a more mature reader; think of a parent reading it to a child; in that regard I think she's spot on. That said, I think she could be toned down by a least a third, we get it already.

I was looking forward to another over the top parody and skewering common anime tropes like the first episode. But it was your basic spunky teen action series. Unless the stuff that ZilpZalp commented on was supposed to be fight parody - I haven't watched enough action anime to recognize it (a drawback with parody, the audience needs the same reference level as the writer) if it was.

I think somebody asked about Elizabeth and Francoise. (Because of "Francoise" I took a guess and searched "Elizabeth et Francoise") Elizabeth Teissier and Francoise Hardy are currently two very famous French astrologers - I assume the reason for the dogs' names will be explained in future episodes.
Jul 8, 2010 9:53 PM

Oct 2008
Damn I love this too much!

Neko Neko Knuckle Revamped are awesome!

And the narrator's way too cool!
Ding ding KNOCKOUTO!!!
Jul 8, 2010 10:22 PM

Jan 2010
Episode 2 was definitely a major improvement from episode 1. This episode was full of good action, but it had its fair share of comedy (mostly Satomi's narration ♥). I hope the following episodes leave me as entertained as this one did. :)
Jul 8, 2010 10:30 PM

Oct 2009
Ah my Gawd.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2010 10:34 PM
May 2008
Any mods ever going to get rid of the shit-reviews for this?

Jul 8, 2010 11:02 PM

Sep 2008
Ryoushi-kun is cute yet manly.
I want to glomp him so badly! :P
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Jul 8, 2010 11:21 PM
Apr 2008
I don't know if this is going to pass the three episode test. Time will tell.

Like one week's time. :v
Jul 9, 2010 12:05 AM

May 2008
So Ryoushi's role is the hunter~ Interesting~
Pretty good episode, I enjoyed it a lot.
Jul 9, 2010 12:19 AM
Dec 2007
In fairy tales. Ookami is the Wolf, then we have Little Red Riding Hood, Ryoushi is the Hunter, the President is the Grasshopper and the Secretary is the Ant. And I think Majo is the MadHatter, and the Maid is March Hare, but not really sure on this even. Still haven't figured out the gray haired dude and his stalker type chick.
SoundHypJul 9, 2010 12:23 AM
Jul 9, 2010 2:20 AM

May 2010
I rate this episode higher than the first episode, however I didn't really rate episode 1. Thus I am quite please how they did the second episode, it was a step into the right direction. Goodie.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2010 2:32 AM

May 2008
This is pretty ok i dun really have mch interest in this but oh well, i couldnt really tell if it was a magical show at first

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 9, 2010 3:37 AM

Sep 2008
Boring like hell... Sigh I expected this show just mindless comedy title... rather wait for Sket Dance anime adaptation then.
Jul 9, 2010 3:39 AM

May 2010
Alright episode, just remove that narrator already, makes subs confusing to read.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Light novel ending slight summary.

Loxe - Jun 20, 2016

10 by CitrusBreeze »»
Feb 18, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MorningGlory - Sep 15, 2010

269 by waalex11 »»
Sep 13, 2023 3:36 PM

Poll: » Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Aug 18, 2010

183 by epr0x »»
Aug 5, 2023 9:33 PM

Poll: » Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Aug 11, 2010

159 by epr0x »»
Aug 3, 2023 9:59 PM

Poll: » Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 28, 2010

152 by epr0x »»
Jul 29, 2023 9:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.