Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 7, 10:45 PM
Sep 2012
It could do with less rape
May 8, 12:15 PM

Mar 2022
Reply to MasterHavik
@Saphiran So you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. No one cares he is not real. You can still criticize it. People have full right to say," OH this is a fucker a rapist? I'm out dawg." They are making a choice with their time to be sued elsewhere. It's not that they are offended they are just kind of like, "I'm done." People gotta let shit be instead of being a jackass constantly for no reason.

Also I don't know monsters acting like this because he is the only one taking this action. I don't see others in his group doing so don't give me that bullshit.
@MasterHavik The only bullshit is you trying to make this show into something that is not. You talk like MC acted out of character. He did the same thing to the elves. Literally. And no. There was no critique. They dropped the show cuz of one thing they had issues with. Which is fine, but then again, it goes back to already existing point. Complaining and being offended over MC who is a monster and acts like a monster is ridiculous. Or are we really going to talk about morality when it comes to goblins who kill, kidnap, rape and eat humans?
May 8, 2:18 PM

Oct 2017
More fucking, action and village building as usual. Like the knight girl, hoping she'll be part of the harem. Whats up with the red hair girl btw? Ogrou getting hit with the realisation lol. I wonder if the human princess will be relevant. Part of the harem?
May 8, 2:22 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to Saphiran
@MasterHavik The only bullshit is you trying to make this show into something that is not. You talk like MC acted out of character. He did the same thing to the elves. Literally. And no. There was no critique. They dropped the show cuz of one thing they had issues with. Which is fine, but then again, it goes back to already existing point. Complaining and being offended over MC who is a monster and acts like a monster is ridiculous. Or are we really going to talk about morality when it comes to goblins who kill, kidnap, rape and eat humans?
@Saphiran Goblins aren't like that at all. Goblin Slayer has really fucked with some anime fans' head. I shouldn't response but this comment is dumb. Also the elves situation was a little different. Even then you are just doing a whataboutism. I didn't say he acted out of character. I just said he was unlikable douchebag and this was one of the reasons. Now I gotta block clowns like you because people like you make us look bad.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
May 8, 3:58 PM

Mar 2022
Ok, sure. Female captives in episode one used for breeding are reason why goblins aren't like that at all. XD
Ignores the argument, starts with the name calling and block. Typical. LOL
Fine, I don't mind. Keep the community safe from me. LMAO
May 8, 8:41 PM
Oct 2019
hehehehehe, crush humans, everything sucks
May 8, 9:11 PM

Jul 2008
Yeah we just going to gloss over raping the female knight as a joke....ugh.
May 9, 8:24 AM

Oct 2008
it sucks and such a shame that all of the fornication is done off-screen! oh WHELP!
5/5.

May 9, 12:05 PM
Oct 2023
Nice, in the previous episode ogrou sexually abused elves and in this episode he drugged and raped human women. Hentai is more normal now
May 9, 3:52 PM
Jun 2023
ffs, the anime is really doing the manga dirty. Necessary info keeps getting left out, and now MC is made to look like he just rapes all of his prisoners.
May 9, 10:03 PM
Feb 2023
Pace too fast

+ Try hard "onsen fanservice" in cave, meanwhile manga didnt have that "onsen fanservice"
May 9, 11:02 PM

Jul 2022
This continues to be casually brazen as can be, and I can't hate on it for that. It moves distractingly forward.
May 9, 11:18 PM
Apr 2023
Rou is getting into demi-god levels while planting his seed left and right
May 10, 1:25 AM

Jul 2015
LostSpectre said:
The people who are freaking out over the grape missed the part where he had sex with the elven slaves to "humble" them.

Besides the obvious "two wrongs doesn't make it right", people did not considered that Gobu actually raped those elves because it was left kinda vague, happened entirely off screen AND people did not even expected the possibility of author having the audacity to make a literal protagonist a rapist, especially in the contrast of him literally saving woman prisoners from being raped prior. What happened in latest episode was not vague or up to further interpretation at all and the realisation that he did it before made it actually worse, plus the fact that it was played off as a joke and he was rewarded for it, which implies he will continue to do it in the future.
You cannot expect people to root for such protagonist and enjoy it and. It has absolutely nothing to do with people being "snowflakes".
For some people he is past moral event horizon, which is understandable.
PiromyslMay 10, 2:17 AM

May 10, 4:15 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to Piromysl
LostSpectre said:
The people who are freaking out over the grape missed the part where he had sex with the elven slaves to "humble" them.

Besides the obvious "two wrongs doesn't make it right", people did not considered that Gobu actually raped those elves because it was left kinda vague, happened entirely off screen AND people did not even expected the possibility of author having the audacity to make a literal protagonist a rapist, especially in the contrast of him literally saving woman prisoners from being raped prior. What happened in latest episode was not vague or up to further interpretation at all and the realisation that he did it before made it actually worse, plus the fact that it was played off as a joke and he was rewarded for it, which implies he will continue to do it in the future.
You cannot expect people to root for such protagonist and enjoy it and. It has absolutely nothing to do with people being "snowflakes".
For some people he is past moral event horizon, which is understandable.
@Piromysl Actually, it wasn't that vague. It didn't happen any more offscreen than the scene with the female knight. The elves were too prideful to have their ears pierced, so he had sex with them to strip them of said pride, making them more submissive/obedient. That's very clearly rape, even if we ignored that they're literal prisoners, and therefore can't freely give consent. The MC did save the human girls from being raped, but reducing that down to just rape is far too simplified, because the original female slaves experienced unimaginable suffering in comparison. It's also been demonstrated that the MC is not a good person, he takes care of his own (if they don't cross him) but he's beaten people to death and left them to die, he kills somewhat indiscriminately, he thinks nothing of letting people (men, really) die that he could easily save, he doesn't even consider freeing the eleven slaves after establishing friendly relations with their people, etc. I agree that the scene with the knight is much more in your face, and the whole rape thing in general makes this a trashy hentai plot, but yeah, it is what it is.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 10, 4:28 AM

Jul 2015
LostSpectre said:
@Piromysl Actually, it wasn't that vague. It didn't happen any more offscreen than the scene with the female knight. The elves were too prideful to have their ears pierced, so he had sex with them to strip them of said pride, making them more submissive/obedient. That's very clearly rape, even if we ignored that they're literal prisoners, and therefore can't freely give consent. The MC did save the human girls from being raped, but reducing that down to just rape is far too simplified, because the original female slaves experienced unimaginable suffering in comparison. It's also been demonstrated that the MC is not a good person, he takes care of his own (if they don't cross him) but he's beaten people to death and left them to die, he kills somewhat indiscriminately, he thinks nothing of letting people (men, really) die that he could easily save, he doesn't even consider freeing the eleven slaves after establishing friendly relations with their people, etc. I agree that the scene with the knight is much more in your face, and the whole rape thing in general makes this a trashy hentai plot, but yeah, it is what it is.

Did you even read what I wrote or just missed the point entirely?
And don't give me that BS, that Elves being raped was obvious, because I'm pretty sure it wasn't establishment prior, that Gobu knows only one persuasion/torture method and no matter how you put it, camera suddenly shifting from whole group of elves and one dude to off screen doesn't tell as much as one woman protesting and covering herself with her hands.
And I'm not really buying this bullshit excuses as if him raping someone is different than other goblins doing that. Author put that in for a reason, which is whether their sick fantasies, cheap shock factor or really Gobu does not know any other persuasion methods.
My point is that there is absolutely no excuse of implementing rape as a plot point outside of it being a fetish and since it happened off screen, it wasn't even supposed to be that. I don't care about his other wrongs, because it won't suddenly make it right. Case closed.
PiromyslMay 10, 5:13 AM

May 10, 8:24 PM

Aug 2018
Reply to Piromysl
LostSpectre said:

Did you even read what I wrote or just missed the point entirely?
And don't give me that BS, that Elves being raped was obvious, because I'm pretty sure it wasn't establishment prior, that Gobu knows only one persuasion/torture method and no matter how you put it, camera suddenly shifting from whole group of elves and one dude to off screen doesn't tell as much as one woman protesting and covering herself with her hands.
And I'm not really buying this bullshit excuses as if him raping someone is different than other goblins doing that. Author put that in for a reason, which is whether their sick fantasies, cheap shock factor or really Gobu does not know any other persuasion methods.
My point is that there is absolutely no excuse of implementing rape as a plot point outside of it being a fetish and since it happened off screen, it wasn't even supposed to be that. I don't care about his other wrongs, because it won't suddenly make it right. Case closed.
@Piromysl Bravo! You’re the most virtuous of them all, now Go virtue signal somewhere else.
May 11, 3:23 AM

Jul 2017
Gobrou's Parabellum Mercenary Company is on the move to scout human garrisons and take them down, and even with commanders around, it feels like a one-sided battle with the demihumans winning unanimously, and Gobrou as much as only getting scuffs to prove his superiority. And even with the humans touring around, that is no match for the humans being trapped in the Kudel Woods. And even after battles, having a session with the humans warranting a search on the elf kingdom to find a cure for their princess, it's the old tale of human greed.

Even in a cave, managing to find a hot spring dug by Earthe, is still good. And getting humans to work together with the demihumans, this is even more humiliation, but in return to get justified treatment by working with them, Gobrou gets even more followers...and even gets a power-up from infusing the sacred cure with even one drop of blood.

Who, or what, is Gobrou exactly at this point?
May 12, 12:49 AM
Jul 2010
It's a bit unfortunate that he spreads his legs for every woman and immediately becomes his ally. No one resists, there is no feeling of revenge, rather they obey almost like a dog. Now I didn't understand why people turned from prisoners to training partners and then teachers, or soon concubines and the like. This is getting boring.
May 12, 3:23 AM
Jul 2021
I feel like if this had come out 5 years ago I would have enjoyed it a lot more. As it is everything that this anime does has been done before a hundred times by other shows. There are zero stakes, almost zero character development and the mc is snowballing too quickly. I would rather just rewatch kumo desu.

And no I don't care about the MC's morals blah blah blah it's a cartoon it's not real.
May 12, 8:27 AM
Jan 2024
good episode we will see the healing properties
May 12, 7:19 PM
Jul 2019
uhh wtf? i thought he was against that...
May 13, 9:18 PM

May 2019
At least we find out why the humans wanted to invade the elves' lands and also why the elf leader gave a bottle of the healing potion to Ogrou.

On a separate note, with Dhami wanting to have Ogrou's kid I wonder when he'll start having offspring, and I don't mean just hers.
Alfredo-SauceMay 13, 9:51 PM
May 25, 3:30 AM

Feb 2021
They have grown into a powerful monster XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 31, 4:37 PM

Feb 2021
The rape scenes in the WN are even worse.
He actually rapes that female knight twice, since she tried to kill him when he was asleep, he proceeds to rape her again.
Jun 5, 7:54 PM

Nov 2019
The humans faction invades and Gobrou catches the useful warriors in both instances. He learns that they are after a all cure to cure the princess’ disease that only the elves have. He decides to train the imprisoned humans and the red hair guy becomes a trusty comrade in charge of training the red hair girl.

Gobrou consumes the elixir and it gives him another regen skill and a blood change, he can heal injuries with a single drop of blood. Episode was interesting I wondered what would happen if he ran out of new things to consume but it turns out this elixir was a new source he could absorb from.
Jun 11, 1:02 PM
Aug 2013
battles are not really animated much and the main character is pretty lame
Jun 17, 12:27 PM

Sep 2012
Reply to LostSpectre
@LostSpectre i don't think he actually did, he forced the earring on them but they made it look like grape as a gag, jap messed up sense of humor :D
Jun 17, 12:30 PM

Sep 2012
Reply to ST63LTH
The humans faction invades and Gobrou catches the useful warriors in both instances. He learns that they are after a all cure to cure the princess’ disease that only the elves have. He decides to train the imprisoned humans and the red hair guy becomes a trusty comrade in charge of training the red hair girl.

Gobrou consumes the elixir and it gives him another regen skill and a blood change, he can heal injuries with a single drop of blood. Episode was interesting I wondered what would happen if he ran out of new things to consume but it turns out this elixir was a new source he could absorb from.
@ST63LTH he made himself in to new human target cause 1 human so and if they escape well u know
Jun 18, 8:45 PM

Feb 2018
Hot springs episodes happen in episode 8. If you are going to systematically churn out copy anime drivel, at least figure out the order
Jun 19, 5:58 AM
Aug 2018
People complain about the rape but forget the MC is actually eating ELVES and HUMAN...
Kinda weird no one (from the show) care about the elves and human he ate though...

Jun 21, 11:23 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to Sugram22
@LostSpectre i don't think he actually did, he forced the earring on them but they made it look like grape as a gag, jap messed up sense of humor :D
@Sugram22 Well, no. He has sex with them to strip them of their pride, that's why they relent and agree to wear the earrings.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jun 21, 11:24 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to Rukodaime91
People complain about the rape but forget the MC is actually eating ELVES and HUMAN...
Kinda weird no one (from the show) care about the elves and human he ate though...

@Rukodaime91 To be fair, he has a reason to eat them. He's pretty indiscriminate about who he murders or lets die, though.
Jun 21, 11:34 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to LostSpectre
@Rukodaime91 To be fair, he has a reason to eat them. He's pretty indiscriminate about who he murders or lets die, though.
@LostSpectre Sure, but as a former human (less than 2 months ago), he could have shown some hesitation before eating them...
At least an explanation would have been nice, nothing too deep but at least something (maybe he's driven by the animal instinct of the Ogre or let's say he has human as prisoner and then almost die and decide he needs to eat them to get stronger).

Also, sure he eats human to get stronger, but he gets so much abilities and only a few are used, so, it's hard to say that eating human actually help him a lot.

Would be much more impactful to eat ten human and each time not getting an ability and regretting, hesitating each time before eating one and finally getting ONE ability which will help him a lot.

But, well, I guess, I can't expect too much from author who just keep making everything too easy for the MC.
Rukodaime91Jun 21, 11:37 AM
Jun 21, 11:57 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to Rukodaime91
@LostSpectre Sure, but as a former human (less than 2 months ago), he could have shown some hesitation before eating them...
At least an explanation would have been nice, nothing too deep but at least something (maybe he's driven by the animal instinct of the Ogre or let's say he has human as prisoner and then almost die and decide he needs to eat them to get stronger).

Also, sure he eats human to get stronger, but he gets so much abilities and only a few are used, so, it's hard to say that eating human actually help him a lot.

Would be much more impactful to eat ten human and each time not getting an ability and regretting, hesitating each time before eating one and finally getting ONE ability which will help him a lot.

But, well, I guess, I can't expect too much from author who just keep making everything too easy for the MC.
@Rukodaime91 I'm pretty sure he also ate people as a human, which is why people were disgusted by him/his power.

The whole series is just edgy with fulfillment, though. I was almost impressed by how much worse the show kept getting. lol
Jun 21, 11:55 PM
Aug 2023
Jonnah0906 said:
If you're gonna make your mc this much of a scumbag go all the way, dont make your show all fun and casual while your mc is out there kidnapping and raping. Fucking redo of healer at least didnt pretend keyaru was a good or morally decent person or hide its fuckery under a veil of cutsey bland isekai vibes.

The quote makes a very valid point that the tone is way off. The off-tone is very jarring that it breaks the suspension of disbelief, and it's dumb; not that it's reprehensible in the "OMG I can't believe what the MC is doing" sort of way which people seem to be using as an excuse to brush off this criticism.

It's actually worse than just the off-tone, it's the MC and the story isn't doing anything interesting at all since around episode 3. So the MC captures some women, has his way with them, then magically Stockholm's syndrome takes hold, and they join completely. Okay...then what? Oh he repeats the process again. Okay then what? Oh he repeats the process yet again. The MC isn't doing anything particularly interesting, nor is the story. At least in Redo the Healer the MC and story kept doing different things.

This anime is sort of like a boring AF poor man's version of Reincarnated as a Slime + Overlord, but worse in so many ways. And I don't even like Overlord with the boring AF MCs, yet they're way more interesting than whatever the fuck is going on in this anime.

I'm going to keep watching it to the end, but this keeps getting worse in terms of weak writing and characters. "The protag is villain" and "this is a power fantasy", yeah okay sure...but why is it boring AF and the characters and story written so shitty?
Jun 26, 1:21 AM

Jul 2017
The start was okay, and I liked the first battle. There were some cool magical effects.

Then everything fell hard. Rape joke, random sex stuff, terrible animation in the second battle, main character growing in power over and over to the point of sheer utter nonsense. None of this is even new. I'm not even sure what MC can do anymore. Now his literal blood can heal people; what the hell LOL.

This show is awful. It's still mildly entertaining when I'm doing other things. I kind of just can't believe how awful it is, aesthetically, in terms of storytelling, and morally. Also the narration really ruins so much when things could be interesting.
Jun 28, 4:33 PM

Jun 2020
Wow…..nothing new I guess its the first time a man survived. In this point Im bot even sure what’s the point of things that happened. We have same story every episode. One time it elf getting raped now its humans. Amazing change how they even did thing of it. And yes it was rape guys ,both times no matter what you try to call it. You don’t see problem with this in this anime or not doesn’t matter at least learn to accept what you see on the screen.

And now he has a blood that gonna heal everything AMAZING a fucking Mary sue last level boss.
Jul 25, 9:34 PM

Apr 2022
wow didnt expoect him to straight up RAPE them liuke that like wtf lmaooooo thats fucked bro
boredboredbored
Aug 22, 12:21 PM

Mar 2013
i have a blast reading all the comment of people getting filtered by women getting defeated by cock while the first male he keep is strong willed and even go against him to prove it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 8

94 by clydexclyde »»
Sep 16, 4:46 PM

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 15

169 by Whoash »»
Aug 15, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 17

79 by Sats »»
Aug 9, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 10

45 by rnrb »»
Aug 2, 5:56 PM

» Re series

Jking_The_Dark - Jul 5

15 by KaeUBW »»
Jul 13, 6:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.