Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 25, 9:59 AM
Dec 2020
Why did people use to compare this show with naruto or call it green naruto back then?
Deathlydash
Jun 25, 10:01 AM

Jan 2009
never heard people calling it green naruto its just people think all battle shonen are the same
Jun 25, 10:08 AM
Jul 2021
First time hearing someone compare BNHA with Naruto. Anyways, Naruto better.
Jun 25, 10:10 AM
May 2023
Deathlydash said:
Why did people use to compare this show with naruto or call it green naruto back then?

People call this green naruto? Lmao id say this season is the great ninja war from wish.com
Jun 25, 10:13 AM
Jan 2024
why did you think this was supposed to be like naruto? 😭
Jun 25, 10:22 AM

Jul 2011
Never heard that. Most say that about Black Clover.
Jun 25, 10:29 AM

Apr 2021
Literally the only reason I can imagine people saying that is because the manga started about the same time Naruto ended, so it was just filling the gap for a lot of people.
Jun 25, 10:47 AM

Jul 2015
People watched two or three shows and nothing else.

Jun 25, 10:48 AM
Jun 2023
Idk those people are not okay I think there already been put down because I don’t hear that anymore
Jun 25, 11:52 AM
Dec 2019
Dragonball better. Naruto is like dragon ball, which means Mha is like dragonball. That’s what I hear every time someone compares any shounen to another, they’re all carbon copies of DB and YYH so who cares if someone compares My hero to Naruto, Naruto ain’t a original idea it’s a inspired idea.
Jun 25, 1:24 PM
Mar 2019
INTJ_Ren said:
Dragonball better. Naruto is like dragon ball, which means Mha is like dragonball. That’s what I hear every time someone compares any shounen to another, they’re all carbon copies of DB and YYH so who cares if someone compares My hero to Naruto, Naruto ain’t a original idea it’s a inspired idea.

no one cares if trash ball is better Naruto is still an original idea made better from an inspired idea.
Jun 25, 1:25 PM
Mar 2019
this is the first I'm hearing about this I love Naruto but and my hero academia but they are completely different
Jun 25, 1:25 PM
Dec 2019
Kreshre said:
INTJ_Ren said:

no one cares if trash ball is better Naruto is still an original idea made better from an inspired idea.

Say that with your real account and I’ll believe it no pun intended 😂
Jun 25, 2:38 PM
Mar 2019
INTJ_Ren said:
Kreshre said:

it's an opinion don't get mad just ignore me it's not that hard
Jun 25, 2:39 PM
Dec 2019
Kreshre said:
INTJ_Ren said:

it's an opinion don't get mad just ignore me it's not that hard

Reading comprehension isn’t that hard either 😂
Jun 25, 2:52 PM
Mar 2019
reading comprehension isn't that hard either but here we are
Jun 25, 4:18 PM

Mar 2016
deg said:
never heard people calling it green naruto its just people think all battle shonen are the same

people in Latin America calls bnha (and deku) green Naruto just to piss off the fans, cause you know that the bnha fandom are really intense
Jun 25, 4:38 PM
Mar 2024
Idk about Naruto but I’ve only heard people call MHA one of the new gen big 3 alongside demon slayer and black clover
Jun 25, 5:17 PM
May 2022
Naruto is Hajime no Ippo with ninjas. MHA is Naruto with superheroes. Black Clover is MHA with wizards.
Jun 25, 8:22 PM
Mar 2019
Ricegod1979 said:
Idk about Naruto but I’ve only heard people call MHA one of the new gen big 3 alongside demon slayer and black clover

i heard that too but it doesn't make sense since times has change and there are more anime that are considered big every year
Jun 25, 9:10 PM

Oct 2013
you are right. Naruto is more an adventure shounen in fantasy world and mha plays only in japan and is about children becoming heroes 🙏
Jun 25, 10:30 PM
May 2016
Black Clover is a Naruto clone, but actually better. BnHA is not really Naruto and I've never heard this comparison.
Jun 25, 11:43 PM
Sep 2021
same reason why people call magical girl site and magical girl raising project a " madoca Magica rip off " DESPITE not being similar in any way ( like the fact that Madoca Magica isn't a death game and isn't even that dark ) and tons of other differences like how the world functions and the amount of characters affecting the story, same reason why people call bunny girl senpai a " monogatari rip off" too :

people watch few anime, almost always the popular ones and see anime with some similarities that are made after, so they call them rip-offs, and yes it's extremely stupid
Jun 26, 4:30 AM
Jan 2020
Saimatsu_Fan said:
same reason why people call magical girl site and magical girl raising project a " madoca Magica rip off " DESPITE not being similar in any way ( like the fact that Madoca Magica isn't a death game and isn't even that dark ) and tons of other differences like how the world functions and the amount of characters affecting the story, same reason why people call bunny girl senpai a " monogatari rip off" too :

people watch few anime, almost always the popular ones and see anime with some similarities that are made after, so they call them rip-offs, and yes it's extremely stupid

P.S. Bunny Girl Senpai ain't much similiar to Monogatari Series but instead has a lot in common (Movie included) with Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, that's a fact, it's actually seems like adapted in another universe for some things
Jun 26, 7:31 AM
Nov 2016
Yeah, this is nothing like Naruto, it's the first time I heard people calling MHA green Naruto too.

Both animes have their charm, MHA overall has a more consistent animation which makes sense since this is a seasonal anime so they have more time to cook in the animation between seasons, on the other hand, Naruto has crappier animation but I praise it in the OST and the emotional moments which I consider to be one of the best in the business. I'm talking about Classic Naruto here, of course, not Shippuden since I didn't like Shippuden that much, it has a crappier OST and the emotional moments are meh on this one too.

I won't place those animes in my top ten, but when it comes to OST and emotional moments then Classic Naruto is up there in 1st place.
Jun 26, 8:37 AM

Jun 2008
Never heard that. The only thing they have in common is the shounen genre.
Jun 26, 10:00 AM
Mar 2023
Naruto better >>>>>>>>>>>>
Jun 27, 12:18 AM
Sep 2021
aDamas_46 said:
Saimatsu_Fan said:

P.S. Bunny Girl Senpai ain't much similiar to Monogatari Series but instead has a lot in common (Movie included) with Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, that's a fact, it's actually seems like adapted in another universe for some things

that literally only applies to the first arc of bunny girl senpai
Jun 28, 12:08 AM
Mar 2021
INTJ_Ren said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 wt a logic 🤣🤣🤣🤣
can't stop laughing 👍 nice comparison 🙏
Anime Rules the world
Jun 28, 12:18 AM
Mar 2021
nothing can be compared to Naruto >> demonslayer or Black clover
only stand a chance at least wn u compare it
Anime Rules the world
Jun 28, 6:31 AM
Dec 2019
Naveen6662246 said:
INTJ_Ren said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 wt a logic 🤣🤣🤣🤣
can't stop laughing 👍 nice comparison 🙏

Ok bud 😑 settle down now, this ain’t your moment, you’re not the main antagonist.
Jun 28, 6:44 AM
Apr 2024
The reason I have seen the most given is that both have outcast villians... It is stupid
Jun 28, 11:08 AM
Nirai Kanai

Dec 2012
Genuinely asking, what's the point of this thread?

The World Suffused with Sound.
Jun 28, 12:13 PM
Jul 2020
bait use to be real
Jun 28, 12:16 PM

Jun 2015
Cause it literally is. The author called it a Naruto inspired anime. He grew up reading Naruto. If you're too blind to spot the similarities, that's a you problem. Everything from the characters, story, themes, MCs, composition, demographic, motivations, it's all made to appeal to the same people that Naruto appealed to.

Keep coping.
Jun 29, 2:25 AM

May 2009
Reply to Cheonyu
Never heard that. The only thing they have in common is the shounen genre.
@Cheonyu shounen is not a genre.
Jun 29, 3:02 AM
Sep 2016
Reply to Baytamata
Genuinely asking, what's the point of this thread?
@Baytamata he wants to shit on mha because it's so popular and he's a boruto fanboy
Jun 29, 4:41 AM
May 2017
Mha is a good star wars plus other media ripoff original story
But it ain't even close to a Naruto
Naruto is a saga and a close to brilliant one
Jul 1, 7:40 PM
Jul 2022
Most shonen animes are essentially Dragon Ball rip offs, including Naruto, but this is probably one of those that only takes inspiration from its predecessors in things like design choices and other superficial things. It's not very similar to Dragonball besides the whole determined kind hearted extremely powerful protagonist that is basically just the norm for these types of shows now anyways.
Jul 1, 11:41 PM
Oct 2019
Green Naruto LMAO
I remember that time, damn that was long time ago.
Jul 11, 3:32 PM
Oct 2021
Reply to ktg
Black Clover is a Naruto clone, but actually better. BnHA is not really Naruto and I've never heard this comparison.
ktg said:
Black Clover is a Naruto clone, but actually better

Black Clover is a fairy tail clone
Jul 11, 4:07 PM
May 2016
alfian07 said:
ktg said:
Black Clover is a Naruto clone, but actually better

Black Clover is a fairy tail clone

Why? Because Natsu was weak like Asta AND Naruto? No, Natsu was strong from the start.
Then is it because Natsu had a hidden power inside him like Asta AND Naruto? No, he had no hidden power that he needed to learn to handle, otherwise he's gone berserk like Asta AND Naruto.

Hm, then what could it be? Maybe Natsu's rival was also exceptional and one of the best, unlike the MC? No, Natsu and Gray were on the same level, while Sasuke and Yuno were talented.

Okay, last guess, then it must be that Natsu also wanted to achieve a really high rank, right? No, he didn't care about that while Asta wanted to be the wizard king and Naruto wanted to be the Hokage.

Yes, Fairy Tail and Black Clover are so similar... That's why I easily found so many similarities here...
Look, even the plot and plot progression are really similar in Black Clover and Naruto. For example, the Uchiha clan was murdered like the elves in Black Clover.
Jul 12, 4:12 AM
Jan 2021
Reckless_weeb said:

Naruto is absolute mid
Jul 12, 4:23 AM
Jul 2021
Still better than MHA
Jul 12, 4:24 AM
Jul 2021
Tyreesama said:
Reckless_weeb said:

Naruto is absolute mid

Still better than MHA
Jul 12, 4:25 AM
Jan 2021
Reckless_weeb said:
Tyreesama said:

Naruto is absolute mid

Still better than MHA

Sure they both suck
Jul 12, 4:42 AM
Jul 2021
Tyreesama said:
Reckless_weeb said:

Still better than MHA

Sure they both suck

I'd not agree on this. Naruto had a decent plot, some characters were really good and the world building was really good until the middle of shippuden, then it really fell off in every aspect. I think Kishimoto wasn't sure what to do and how to end the story.
Jul 13, 10:36 AM

Sep 2011
I feel like hero academia if you squint has alot of the DNA of early naruto, underdog protagonist in a combat school setting that gets interrupted by a terrorist midway through tournament. Calling it a naruto rip off or even close is more indicative that the person saying that only watches a few shows, but the similarity and tone feel present.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 13, 1:50 PM
Sep 2009
I am one of those people. IMO whenever a big series ends, Jump will try to fill that gap with a story that has a similar vibe, or whenever some story or idea hits it big in another magazine, they will introduce an alternative version with Jump vibes. For me BNHA was what filled the Naruto gap. Most thought it was Black Clover, and yes story-wise BC is closer to Naruto, with all the orphan kid trying to become the leader stuff. But tone-wise, BNHA is closer to Naruto IMO.

BTW other examples of Jump manga filling the gap of other series:

JJK > HxH (I know HxH is ongoing XD But still)
Mashle > Saiki K
Kaiju No.8 > SNK (a major hit from another magazine)

Remember this is only my personal opinion and I'm not trying to accuse any series of being a rip-off. I pretty much like all of the ones I mentioned above, except BC.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Yesterday

103 by Alex_the_reaper »»
44 minutes ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21

66 by Gabu-sama »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14

76 by WolfWood37 »»
8 hours ago

» Will the series cover the rest of the manga in the next few episodes?

Kirito_Slayer - Sep 26

14 by DoggoPlant »»
Sep 27, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7

108 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Sep 26, 6:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.