Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 9, 8:05 AM
Jan 2020
I know she never liked him, but I really hoped we'd see her start to like him, or at least him realising she doesn't like him.

I feel really annoyed how it's left open ended like that, the same frustration I had ffrom Platinum End, And the fact there won't ever be a S2 doesn't make it easier.
Jun 9, 8:24 AM

Jul 2011
Not really. It was clear she loved her brother more, and Arajin was dumb for not realizing it. I thought she’d fall for Matakara with how things were going.

I’m fine with this.
Jun 9, 8:43 AM

Jul 2015
I kinda did, but can't complain nor say that I was surprised by it.
Mahoro conveyed to him on every opportunity that she hates him and only exploited him being a simp for her own benefit several times.
PiromyslJun 9, 9:09 AM

Jun 9, 11:00 AM
Aug 2021
Hmm... so you wanted '"bros before hoes" the anime'
to have a romantic development between the hopeless simp and his abuser? Interesting
Jun 9, 11:05 AM
Dec 2022
Piromysl said:
I kinda did, but can't complain nor say that I was surprised by it.
Mahoro conveyed to him on every opportunity that she hates him and only exploited him being a simp for her own benefit several times.

I felt a little bit disappointed too,i mean their are other girls if all he wants to do is lose virginity. he as good looks, he sure can get a girl if he went for it in the right way.
and she never showed interest in him, he should just get over it, if she still doesn't like him. then leave her be. let's be honest he didn't do any thing, that makes her to like him.

about, platinum end, the story ended, with world's destruction, it not what we wanted or expected. it's a proper ending, like 'AOT' not as great as it but like it.
they both(MC and his girl friend) were happy that they get to marry and live happily even if for a little period of time, fro people who would have died long before if otherwise. they just weren't greedy.
Yeshaiah2015yeshJun 9, 11:13 AM
Jun 9, 2:54 PM
May 2022
No. What annoyed me was that Arajin continued to after her.
Jun 9, 8:01 PM
Jan 2024
the entire anime bothered me. it was a total let down. so the Roanoke aspect of it being a let down isn't even surprising
Jun 9, 11:34 PM

Apr 2013
No. are u fr. most ppl who came here are fujo-leaning. and also fans of the director Utsumi who kept making gay animu.
BaniitaJun 9, 11:39 PM

./ ☠ シズイザ║┈{/ 神アレ ♚ YULLEN }┈║ ヨシュネク ☊ \.
`tumblr
Jun 10, 12:00 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to Baniita
No. are u fr. most ppl who came here are fujo-leaning. and also fans of the director Utsumi who kept making gay animu.
@Baniita I saw a fighting anime directed by mappa so I watched it lol.
I only realised it's supposed to be a gay anime by like episode 10 LOL
Jun 10, 12:02 AM

Apr 2013
Pigroee said:
@Baniita I saw a fighting anime directed by mappa so I watched it lol.
I only realised it's supposed to be a gay anime by like episode 10 LOL

I mean, I don't actually believe it's gay gay, just clearly had that demographic in mind

./ ☠ シズイザ║┈{/ 神アレ ♚ YULLEN }┈║ ヨシュネク ☊ \.
`tumblr
Jun 11, 4:40 AM
Aug 2021
Pigroee said:
I know she never liked him, but I really hoped we'd see her start to like him, or at least him realising she doesn't like him.

I feel really annoyed how it's left open ended like that, the same frustration I had ffrom Platinum End, And the fact there won't ever be a S2 doesn't make it easier.

Didn't They Get Married At The End Of Platinum End? Before It Really Ended
Jun 11, 8:38 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to Rayane-47
Pigroee said:

Didn't They Get Married At The End Of Platinum End? Before It Really Ended
@Rayane-47 they did but they also confirmed the after life did not exist, so they just went nowhere after all those struggles and sacrifices.

The father died to guarantee his daughter will have a world to live on and grow up in, free from the corruption of the silver dude,
Only for the anime to kill is daughter and confirm there is also no afterlife waiting for her.

Alongside with the rest of humanity.

And it was all an experiment gone wrong to top if off.

Left a really bad taste in my mouth
Jun 11, 9:02 AM
May 2011
Not at all. Outside of 1 scene, I think it was pretty clear throughout that Mahoro was just a brocon joke character, and Arajin x Mahoro was never going to happen. She's so uninterested in him, I'd sooner ship Mahoro with Matakara than Arajin.
Jun 11, 12:23 PM
Aug 2021
Pigroee said:
@Rayane-47 they did but they also confirmed the after life did not exist, so they just went nowhere after all those struggles and sacrifices.

The father died to guarantee his daughter will have a world to live on and grow up in, free from the corruption of the silver dude,
Only for the anime to kill is daughter and confirm there is also no afterlife waiting for her.

Alongside with the rest of humanity.

And it was all an experiment gone wrong to top if off.

Left a really bad taste in my mouth

Ah...U're Talking About How They Had A Short Time Together

It Really Is A Fucked-up Ending, I Don't Really Hate It Tho
Jun 11, 1:08 PM
Aug 2023
i'm genuinely happier that arajin didn't get what he wanted cause he was just a prick for the entire duration of the show. really though, i don't care, as this anime was a total dumpster fire
Jun 12, 10:18 PM
Mar 2024
Not really. I’m glad tbh. I was more frustrated with how bro needed to get his shit together. I have like two het otps, sure, but of all choices? No way.
Maybe if they were went about better though.
Be happy day!!
Jun 13, 6:36 AM
Dec 2020
I think the frustration comes from the fact that the first episode let us think it would be the main topic in the anime
Jul 14, 9:55 AM

May 2014
I think you all missed the point if you thought he would end up with her.
Arajin was an intentionally flawed character, because he is so inexperienced and completely devotes himself to his desires without hesitation despite the fact he was being used by Mahoro, and I think that's a huge part of his character's journey throughout the show.

The whole show was a slow burn with Arajin eventually dealing with his personal issues and flaws and finally talking it out with Matakara where we learn more about their past together, and then the final parting with Senya. I never expected him to end up with Mahoro.
That wouldn't have been the satisfying payoff. Mahoro was cruel and manipulative and incestuous. Arajin just needed to vent his feelings and work things out with Matakara again. That's the reason he had so much angst.
AgravityBoyJul 14, 10:00 AM
art by @u_zuta on twitter

Jul 14, 11:41 AM
Jul 2024
Platinum End? Man, what a waste of a conclusion. Not only did the World end, so did the Universe. So what were supposed to care about? Nothing it seems? I hate this kind of nihilistic crap. I had really like parts of the show at times, but Man..
As for the Brocon, after episode 1 I just kept wishing she would die or vanish. Nope. Kind of brought down my enjoyment of the show, I get that it's a comedy at heart, but Ugh.
Aug 5, 11:06 PM

Jun 2022
she had a bro complex and nothing can trump that as per anime 😑😂

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bucchigiri?! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 6

70 by skyrenderer »»
Sep 9, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Bucchigiri?! Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 30

28 by _untitled »»
Aug 22, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Bucchigiri?! Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 23

22 by _untitled »»
Aug 22, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Bucchigiri?! Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Mar 16

38 by _untitled »»
Aug 22, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Bucchigiri?! Episode 8 Discussion

Embient - Mar 9

37 by _untitled »»
Aug 22, 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.