Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2:02 AM

Oct 2017
Episode 1 early limited time premiere on youtube.

https://twitter.com/shinkalion/status/1773998600105980025?t=t5DiVBpC_FtISbeq7gn8mw&s=19

Looks decent though not sure whethere I'll continue this or not. Prolly gonna wait till it finishes airing and see.
Mar 31, 9:12 PM
Jul 2016
Good start as usual
Apr 6, 8:46 PM

Feb 2019
Disappointing first episode ngl, especially considering the first episodes of the other seasons were awesome. Kinda just lackluster in every way compared to the other seasons
Apr 7, 6:46 AM
Oct 2017
This was pretty cool. I have Shinkansen Henkei Robo on my ptw for a while now. Might have to check that one out sooner than later if it's supposed to be better.
Apr 7, 3:21 PM

Feb 2019
Reply to kelpforest
This was pretty cool. I have Shinkansen Henkei Robo on my ptw for a while now. Might have to check that one out sooner than later if it's supposed to be better.
@kelpforest I'm being pretty harsh all things considered. There has only been one episode after all. But I do recommend checking out the other seasons, they're great!
Apr 7, 5:59 PM
May 2016
Oof, awful. Just an EvangeLION ripoff with CG transformer trains.
Apr 7, 6:07 PM

Jan 2014
Reply to MenchiK1
Oof, awful. Just an EvangeLION ripoff with CG transformer trains.
@MenchiK1 Guy who's only seen Evangelion seeing their second mecha: "Getting a lot of Evangelion vibes from this..."
Apr 7, 6:41 PM
May 2016
Reply to cureem
@MenchiK1 Guy who's only seen Evangelion seeing their second mecha: "Getting a lot of Evangelion vibes from this..."
@cureem

9_9 yeah sorry been watching mecha shows since the early 80's youngster.
Apr 7, 7:02 PM

Jan 2014
Reply to MenchiK1
@cureem

9_9 yeah sorry been watching mecha shows since the early 80's youngster.
@MenchiK1 Guess it hasn't done much good for you if you think a children's mecha about trains is an "Evangelion ripoff"
Apr 7, 9:30 PM

Feb 2020
Umm, kinda average. Probably gonna skip this one.
Apr 7, 9:51 PM
Aug 2019
Man the protagonist of this is really cute lol I like him!! This was pretty fun in general, i'll continue it. I wasn't aware it was a kids anime but even better tbh
Apr 7, 10:03 PM
May 2016
Reply to cureem
@MenchiK1 Guess it hasn't done much good for you if you think a children's mecha about trains is an "Evangelion ripoff"
@cureem

Mysterious giant monsters attacking Earth, kid moves to a new town after losing a family member and he is identified as one of only a few who is compatible enough with a giant mecha to pilot it and save the world. EvangeLION/ShinkaLION yeah zero resemblence 9_9
Apr 7, 10:03 PM
May 2016
Reply to cureem
@cureem

Mysterious giant monsters attacking Earth, kid moves to a new town after losing a family member and he is identified as one of only a few who is compatible enough with a giant mecha to pilot it and save the world. EvangeLION/ShinkaLION yeah zero resemblence 9_9
Apr 7, 10:05 PM
Sep 2015
My favorite shotacon franchise is back. This time shinkalion drivers are a little bit older, they're in middle school instead of elementary school, which I don't mind. I do mind that they don't use skintight spandex as a driver suit anymore.

Can't wait to see how many reference Change the World will featured. Last time we see the appeance of Shinji Ikari from Evangelion (along with its famous song), Godzilla (also come with its famous theme song), Hatsune Miku from Vocaloid, and Maetel from Galaxy Express 999.
Apr 7, 10:11 PM
Sep 2015
Reply to cureem
@cureem I'm actually not mad when someone said Shinkalion is Evangelion ripoff, because they're right. I also have fun showing this scene to them and said this clip is not an AMV, it's trimmed from the actual anime with no edit at all.
Apr 8, 7:14 AM
Jan 2020
I can't believe something can be this deprived of originality
Apr 8, 7:41 AM

Apr 2021
The show peaked my interest, but cool people are not just kind, they’re also confident, that’s why they protect others as leaders, so having him be so awkward nervous quiet shy, doesn’t fit the character,
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 8, 7:42 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Ronninn
I can't believe something can be this deprived of originality
@Ronninn if you hate anime, don’t watch it
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 8, 7:42 AM
Jan 2020
ejleon said:

no i hate generic anime
Apr 8, 8:08 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Ronninn
ejleon said:

no i hate generic anime
@Ronninn Please explain what a “generic” anime is? I have heard people like you make that claim, but never explain what it means.

Apr 9, 7:11 AM
Oct 2017
Reply to davidman001
@kelpforest I'm being pretty harsh all things considered. There has only been one episode after all. But I do recommend checking out the other seasons, they're great!
@davidman001
Yeah, I got you. Though it made me check out Shinkansen Henkei Robo Shinkalion The Animation today rather than sometime in the future and it definitely had a much more impressive first episode. I'll keep watching both :)
Apr 9, 12:34 PM
Sep 2021
Get in the robot Taisei!
Apr 9, 4:11 PM

Feb 2019
Reply to kelpforest
@davidman001
Yeah, I got you. Though it made me check out Shinkansen Henkei Robo Shinkalion The Animation today rather than sometime in the future and it definitely had a much more impressive first episode. I'll keep watching both :)
@kelpforest Great to hear that!! Hope you enjoy it :D
Apr 9, 6:32 PM
May 2021
This is pretty good for what it is, but I think the robotrains are a little goofy. This isn't for me.
Apr 13, 2:01 PM
May 2023
LITERALLY PEAK... starting out the show with a E5 on a transport truck thats already so much fanservice, then hinting the sister and the mc are railfans is everything I asked for, not only that but Taisei's room is literally a goldmine with HO scale models, collector pins and more references to Japanese rail, the E233 interior was also nicely detailed adding to the atmosphere of the Saikyo Line with the hint of the announcement of Minami-Yono station. Taisei's interest captures Hayato's enthusiasm from s1 as a grown up version contrasting an elementary schooler so well that it shows how us tori tetsu are like in the real world like one episode already and it is so peak....

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinkalion: Change the World Episode 12 Discussion

Amonimus - Jun 28

1 by phantomfandom »»
Jul 18, 3:39 AM

» how long yall think

kusanagi_ZFG - May 13

4 by Daytona-520 »»
Jun 17, 9:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.