Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 2, 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
This is why the digital age can fuel drama like rumors revolving Anna this episode. Not surprisingly, Kyoutarou got himself involved when he realized someone on the web is apparently obssessed with her.

On the other hand, this episode also shows that Kyoutarou truly cares about her seeing how much he's worried.

Mar 2, 9:01 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Yamada taking the challenge on by coming up with a name only she uses to address him in Kyotaro, lol. She's a very natural addition to the Ichikawa family and even ended up posting in the house on her official SNS page. A deeper understanding of Ichikawa which led to that ad-lib during the shooting, it's nice how they add all these small details.

Sekine-san's directness is a formidable force, she's adjusted to the winger role way too well already. Couldn't figure out what the comments online about her were about, dang it. Gotta check that out first thing. Must've been pretty dramatic given how Ichikawa lost his calm and, to be honest, it would leave anyone concerned.

Glad to see Yamada's mother being understanding, I still remember her very first screen time and she gave bad alarms but thankfully, she turned out to be the exact opposite in reality. Didn't expect a simultaneous but indirect confession though! Phew, that caught me off-guard for sure. Yamada's parents are very close, huh? That's nice to see.

For the pig user to be the bijin acquaintance was pretty anticlimactic, if I'm to be strictly honest but thank God, it wasn't anything serious, after all. Looks like he'll be keeping a close eye on the Otaku from now on, that's a relief. Felt for Ichikawa there when she didn't pick up his username though, it was perfect timing but wasn't meant to be, I suppose, lmao.

Under the 2-hour mark for content left to adapt this season, they better leave some time for the dai-big event we'll have been waiting for!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 2, 9:11 AM
Aug 2022
Someone Stop the timeline I don't want this to end this month 😭.
Lol 🤣 Her mother was talking very flirty with Kyo at 1st 😂
Kyotaro so bold confessing the top trade secret to her father.
I really thought she was in dangerous situation 💀 but the outcome pig was a girl all along.
& Suddenly Kyo became familiar with another model.
Ricky16Mar 2, 9:02 PM
Mar 2, 9:35 AM

Apr 2016
Monogatari flashbacks intensify

You know, considering the fact that the two of them are what is essentially dating now, their day to day interactions have not changed a lot, in fact they have not changed at all ... wonder when they gonna, seal the deal kind of way ...

And yeah, i can see one being deeply worried about their loved ones if they visit Hiroshima ... .. .
Mar 2, 9:50 AM

Mar 2019
I was so hyped to the indirect confession scene that I started to get nervous when I noticed we were getting closer to it. In the manga, the way it splits panels to show both Kyoutarou/Anna and Mother/Dad was so beautiful I was hoping they would do the same for the anime and that was great.

I was expecting them to adapt the rest of Volume 7 in this episode but they somehow left 3 pages for the next episode. Which kinda makes sense, since it is something relatively important but not exactly related to what happens in this episode.

A fun fact about this episode. In the manga, when Yamada-mother comes to the bed to talk to Anna, she (mom) sits right next to the phone and Kyoutarou ends up seeing her undies instead of only her legs. The one who actually stop him from seeing more of it is Anna herself, embarassed. Guess animating that part could end up raising the rating, so they changed huh.
Mar 2, 10:36 AM
Feb 2024
Hayuume said:
I was so hyped to the indirect confession scene that I started to get nervous when I noticed we were getting closer to it. In the manga, the way it splits panels to show both Kyoutarou/Anna and Mother/Dad was so beautiful I was hoping they would do the same for the anime and that was great.

I was expecting them to adapt the rest of Volume 7 in this episode but they somehow left 3 pages for the next episode. Which kinda makes sense, since it is something relatively important but not exactly related to what happens in this episode.

A fun fact about this episode. In the manga, when Yamada-mother comes to the bed to talk to Anna, she (mom) sits right next to the phone and Kyoutarou ends up seeing her undies instead of only her legs. The one who actually stop him from seeing more of it is Anna herself, embarassed. Guess animating that part could end up raising the rating, so they changed huh.

I am hoping that the particular scene next episode will not got cut…

Another emotional ride this episode again and we are now full speed towards the finale!
Mar 2, 10:37 AM

Mar 2021
Love that Ichikawa will immediately try and protect Yamada when he sees a potential threat to her in this case an obsessed fan but thankfully nothing bad happened.
It's also great that Yamada and Ichikawa both confessed their love for each other albeit indirectly.
Mar 2, 10:38 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
If one didn't know better this sit's like the morning after moment. Moeko either is really lucky with her convo topics or she has a keen sixth sense. Anna really did well to be praised by a vet of the industry. The manner of how Anna vanished during that voice call though was bound to spook anyone. Still it sure led to one hell of a moment when Anna machine gunned Kyo with her reply. That sure was a unique way of telling the parents though. Im glad that in the end that the Pig didn't end up doing anything.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 10:44 AM

Feb 2021
This crazy toxic Japanese idol culture can go to hell.
Yamada's dad blushing. I'm blessed.
Ooohhh damn! I didn't expect this! Now the only people that don't know that Ichikawa and Yamada like each other are Ichikawa's parents and the boys lol.
NO WAY IT'S HER
Oh, I've heard about places like that. I'd like to go someday, but I bet it'll be super stressfull lol.
21:27 What imaginary Ichikawa said here was "Wants to be more grown up? (profound meaning)" (kakko means brackets). So a part of him was thinking about lewd things lol.

I've had a heavy feeling in my chest most of the episode, holy damn. This anime can make me feel anyting. Really reminded me of Oshi no Ko.
Also I'm really interested in how will Pig Man and Thanatos interact from now on.

EDIT: So apparently pig_man1209 and thanatos_moros are real twitter accounts and they post the exact same tweets from the episode. And yes, pig_man1209 blocked thanatos_moros. Amazing.
EmbientMar 2, 10:53 AM
Mar 2, 10:47 AM

Dec 2022
That was tense as hell. The way Ichikawa was scrambling to look out for Yamada's safety, the showdown between Ichikawa and Pig Man, ... This show is really something else.
Indirect confession and Yamada's parents approve. Let's go!
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Mar 2, 10:54 AM

Jul 2017
Quite a lot happened in this episode but it was still a fun watch, even if a bit tense at times. It sucks how awful culture surrounding idols and popular figures can be in Japan and even for celebrities globally, as some have been harmed by stalkers or even loved ones of celebrities for jealousy reasons to name as an example. Ichikawa noticed someone was stalking and revealing personal information online and with Yamada's phone flying into the water with the camera angle looking much more terrifying than in reality, makes sense for him to be frazzled and all over the place as to how to deal with this. But he did have good intentions and wanted to protect her to the best that he could, so good on him for doing so whilst also warning Yamada to be a bit more careful in the future since she is a rising figure for sure as a model and rising actress. Was a rollercoaster at times and the first few minutes definitely were on the fast side to get to the meat of the episode but it was a good episode as a whole. It was also wholesome seeing Ichikawa and Anna confess in split their feelings on their crushes to Yamada's parents respectively, albeit in different situations and settings.
Mar 2, 11:04 AM

Dec 2023
This was an amazing but tense episode. An otaku using his experiences and fearing the worst of parasocial creeps to look out for Anna.
Ichikawa as a character keeps getting better and better.
That indirect confession was amazing and the parents approval was awesome.

I need MORE!!
Mar 2, 11:08 AM
Jan 2024
I really hope we won't wait 2 years for a season 3 cuz it's awesome 😭
Mar 2, 11:10 AM
Sep 2018
Reply to Morpheus_dreams
I really hope we won't wait 2 years for a season 3 cuz it's awesome 😭
@Morpheus_dreams We mostly likely will have to because there isn't currently enough manga material for a full cour yet. Still need like 2 more volumes to make a full season 3.
Mar 2, 11:23 AM
Jan 2016
Thought this episode was gonna take a darker turn for a second there. Gotta have my weekly dose of BokuYaba diabetus.

Also, based YamaDad being an avid gamer and Monster Hunter player.
Mar 2, 11:24 AM

Dec 2012
a bit too rushed and missing a lot of details compared manga. and i think the timeline is abit confusing.

still a solid episode for anime only
Mar 2, 11:34 AM
Jan 2024
The episode shows Ichikawa's concern and I think it is very well done I THINK
Mar 2, 11:37 AM

Oct 2017
He confessed to her dad before her lmao, still great though, he pretty much got his approval and friend code. Good luck playing monhun(probably MH Rise since they're playing on switch) with him. Patiently waiting for MonHun wilds next year. Maybe I'll go back to world myself.

Who would have thought that pigman was actually a hot model, one Anna admires too. Love Moeko btw, for teasing Kyotarou. She's always hella amusing. Also morning Yamada power is lethal.
Mar 2, 11:46 AM

May 2020
Yeah, the most beautiful, cute looking girls out there could be overly obsessive creepy af stalkers too. So be on the lookout.

They've confessed.. not to each other but to the parents. I mean at least Yamada's parents know the deal. For the actual authentic confession, I'm pretty sure we'd get that by the final episode. Though school trip needs to start first.

Episode went by in a flash tho, once again.
Mar 2, 11:48 AM

May 2015
Didn't expect that story about toxic Twitter fans. Very impacting.
Mar 2, 12:03 PM

Jun 2023
First scene in and I get flashbacks from Monogatari
Mar 2, 12:05 PM

May 2019
What an episode with suspenseful moments! Luckily it all worked out at the end although that "Pig_man" model girl is something else.

It's great how Anna's dad is actually a nice guy despite his intimidating aura and how he essentially approved of Kyotaro by giving him his friend's code for gaming.
Mar 2, 12:20 PM
Sep 2015
Very lucky that both of them have such supportive parents.
Mar 2, 1:02 PM
Jan 2024
CryptoKey said:
@Morpheus_dreams We mostly likely will have to because there isn't currently enough manga material for a full cour yet. Still need like 2 more volumes to make a full season 3.

Ty ! Do you think reading the manga is worth?
Mar 2, 1:03 PM
Dec 2017
Jiraiya made an appearance!! nice to see him still getting work.
Mar 2, 1:03 PM

Oct 2014
Dunno how the show can keep doing this!!
Its just diabetes on screen <3

The pacing did feel a bit rushed putting 5 chapters (95-99) in 1 episode as they seem to have skimmed over a few things

They rearranged the initial conversation with Kyo overhearing anna and her mom. It did make it more romantic this way.

My favourite is still Kyo visiting the dad, a dual confession to each parent who now both understand the situation and pretty much approved. What a chad confessing to her dad and even getting his friend code (id love to play monster hunter with Yamadad as well)

The Karte moment though didnt hit as hard this episode (probably would have been better if they fit it with the dual confession)

Mar 2, 1:06 PM

Jan 2021
this anime just keeps going better and better wtf

Mar 2, 1:08 PM
Nov 2019
I was not at all expecting Ichikawa being able to to tell Yamada's dad how he feels. And he got his friend code too, that's seal of approval if I've ever seen one.
Mar 2, 1:18 PM
Feb 2020
Another great episode. Yamada was gorgeous on this one, and her father is really cool (I wish he had more screen time). This anime should have 24 episodes per season... It's so good that it seems short
Mar 2, 1:24 PM

Feb 2019
Just when I think I’ve seen the best bokuyaba episode, they just surpass my expectations with another. This might be my fave yet and the biggest step forward for Kyo and Anna!

Anna being in the spotlight as an idol means of course there’s going to be thirsty otaku who watch her every move. Kyo is right to be concerned about her wellbeing and causing issues for her. Like the dude who noticed that she was at someone else’s house in that IG pic!

Ramen stalker account was definitely creepy too so I don’t blame Kyo for making an account and trying to do research on em. When Ana fell in the water and the phone call got cut I almost thought we were gonna get an Oshi no Ko collab lmao. Thankfully it was all a big misunderstanding and it was just Yamada’s mom.

The fact Kyo couldn’t sleep or do anything without worrying about Anna’s safety was so cute. Even went to see her dad. Meanwhile Yamada was about to write an old fashioned letter to him just to let him know she was ok. They’re so damn cute. Biggest thing we got from that is now Anna’s mom and dad know what’s up between she and Kyo! I’m so proud of Kyo for straight up telling Anna’s dad how he felt!

Mr Yamada giving Kyo his switch friend code to play Monster Hunter after he confessed was so cool lmao. Type of dad I aspire to be.

Awesome episode
Marinate1016Mar 2, 1:47 PM
Mar 2, 2:00 PM

Mar 2020
Pretty tense episode, but very accurate in terms of how Internet stalkers can be. Glad it wasn't anything too serious, it really played with my emotions. Really wholesome dynamics between Anna and her mom and also Kyoutarou with Anna's dad as well. At this point, it's clear how much Anna and Kyoutarou care for one another. Full speed to the end!
Mar 2, 2:15 PM
Jan 2024
Ahh, This episode getting better and better. They are so cute together and I am there for it
Mar 2, 2:17 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
They had us in the first half ngl in regards to the Pig Man stuff this episode lol, it actually got pretty scary when Ichikawa kept following up on that account’s updates which had me thinking we were in for an Oshi no Ko situation, the scene with the phone falling in the water had things seeming especially bad but this was also when I started thinking it was just that she dropped her phone and things were not as they seemed, and then the reveal happened at the end with “Pig Man” being that fellow model that Yamada was working with, and although the fixation is still a bit sus, it felt like the clouds had lifted over that rollercoaster of a situation lol, good stuff. And now Ichikawa has a model in his contacts besides Yamada, nice.

There was some other good stuff in this episode too like that opening scene of Yamada brushing her teeth which no doubt gave me Monogatari flashbacks lol, and the situation with Pig Man also resulted in both Ichikawa and Yamada telling her parents that they liked each other, so in a way it’s good that things happened this way, and now Ichikawa has a gaming buddy lol. And I also noticed Ichikawa’s Twitter pfp, he’s a cultured lad without a doubt.
Mar 2, 2:24 PM

Mar 2022
So this episode was good loved Ichi coming to "Rescue" Anna, the interaction with the dad was just what I expected, I love his character. I don't understand how people can get this far into the season and hate it? Like if you hate why are you watching it now? Just curious not complaining.
Mar 2, 2:57 PM
Apr 2023
this anime this season had no misses every episode an absolute banger all building to I'm assuming when they start dating and kiss in the final? super W for ichikawa absolute goat
Mar 2, 3:17 PM
Dec 2023
Can 't believe Kyo confessed to the Titan himself, AND HE ACCEPTED IN THE MOST GUY WAY POSSIBLE. Still waiting on the real confession, but this is good.
Mar 2, 3:27 PM
Handler One

Jan 2023
"I love.. Anna/Kyotaro."

AAAAAAAAAAA

"You fought to the end. You survived. That's why you're here now. I think that's something you should be more proud of."
- Vladilena Milizé
Mar 2, 4:42 PM
Feb 2013
This episode was IT ! PEAK romcom at its finest
Mar 2, 4:42 PM

Jul 2022
Yamada went to film a movie, and Ichikawa was worried to see that the world Yamada lives in had become something not private, to the point of discovering an overly enthusiastic fan super interested in Yamada.

Ichikawa's concern reached a peak when he saw that Yamada was startled by someone, abruptly cutting off their video call. He had to resort to his future father-in-law to find out that Yamada was alright.

The moment when Yamada tells her mother that she likes Ichikawa and he tells Yamada's father that he likes her was sweet (Ichikawa really has guts).

In the end, the obsessive fan turned out to be an idol we already knew. The good thing is that Yamada is aware of Ichikawa's concern, so she promised to be more cautious.

Ichikawa's concern doesn't seem exaggerated to me, as some Japanese excessively idolize their public figures to the point of being quite toxic, and checking Twitter doesn't help at all.
Mar 2, 4:49 PM
Mar 2021
Euphylia said:
Thought this episode was gonna take a darker turn for a second there. Gotta have my weekly dose of BokuYaba diabetus.

Also, based YamaDad being an avid gamer and Monster Hunter player.

Yamadad is for real the best. He even blushed when Ichikawa loved his tea (I think it's tea?). What a wholesome soul.
Mar 2, 5:08 PM
Jul 2022
Such a good episode! they both had concerns for each other's feelings and overreacted to them, and our Boi was a chad for confessing his love for Anna to her father! He couldn't help slipping back into chunnibyo mode a little bit when he found out who the Twitter stalker was; Her reaction was brilliant XD
Mar 2, 6:30 PM

Sep 2023
This week a wild otaku stalker appeared! Kyou is all worried for Anna, could it be more wholesome? Of course it turned out to be nothing in the end but at least Yamada papa finally got what he really wanted, to give his friend code to Kyoutaro.
Mar 2, 6:47 PM
May 2020
with love comes worry and they both exhibited that, man this anime is so wholesome
Mar 2, 7:24 PM
Oct 2021
i adore the fact that they were never in denial, or at least they didn't show that to us.
They liked each other, accepted as if it was just the most natural thing (it is) and moved forward with it, no annoying "NOOOO I DON'T LIKE HERRRR/HIMMM EWWW WHY WOULD II???"
it's so cute
Mar 2, 7:57 PM

Mar 2021
we are getting more and more unofficial confessions every week.
Mar 2, 8:39 PM
Dec 2023
Ricky16 said:
Some Stop the timeline I don't want this end this month 😭

I'm definitely picking up the manga after this season.
Mar 2, 8:42 PM
Oct 2021
Every since I read this chapter in the manga I been waiting for it to get animated. Them both confess there love about each other to Anna parents one of my favorite moments.
Mar 2, 9:40 PM

Jun 2010
Reply to Embient
This crazy toxic Japanese idol culture can go to hell.
Yamada's dad blushing. I'm blessed.
Ooohhh damn! I didn't expect this! Now the only people that don't know that Ichikawa and Yamada like each other are Ichikawa's parents and the boys lol.
NO WAY IT'S HER
Oh, I've heard about places like that. I'd like to go someday, but I bet it'll be super stressfull lol.
21:27 What imaginary Ichikawa said here was "Wants to be more grown up? (profound meaning)" (kakko means brackets). So a part of him was thinking about lewd things lol.

I've had a heavy feeling in my chest most of the episode, holy damn. This anime can make me feel anyting. Really reminded me of Oshi no Ko.
Also I'm really interested in how will Pig Man and Thanatos interact from now on.

EDIT: So apparently pig_man1209 and thanatos_moros are real twitter accounts and they post the exact same tweets from the episode. And yes, pig_man1209 blocked thanatos_moros. Amazing.
@Embient
Yamada isn't even an idol; she's a model and actress.
Mar 2, 10:22 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to Fronzel
@Embient
Yamada isn't even an idol; she's a model and actress.
@Fronzel

Yes and no, flash back to Karte 13 Yamada was on the idol magazine for photoshooting, and both Ichi and his classmates give a deduction that Yamada might be having idol activities soon. So she is on the border of being a very small idol…
Mar 2, 11:25 PM

Nov 2010
  • It's kind of odd to confess his love/like for Yamada to her dad before telling it to her. "she is my precious friend" or something would have been fine.
  • It's a pity that Yamada mom's fan service scene was shortened and made mild.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Mar 30

369 by rmcold »»
Sep 18, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Do girls like Yamada really exist? ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - Jan 21

85 by Zevven »»
Sep 9, 1:13 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 17

237 by Zevven »»
Sep 8, 11:36 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10

195 by Zevven »»
Sep 8, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3

111 by Zevven »»
Sep 8, 11:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.