Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2023 10:56 AM

Nov 2011
Ah, the old school way of enjoying life around kotatsu. Cute episode when you consider the cat went out shopping again with that curious mind of his.

Lot of funny moments imo. Yukichi is doing good work!
Aug 11, 2023 11:48 AM

Mar 2021
yeah, Imma leave this here without any context
Aug 11, 2023 12:05 PM
Jul 2023
So do I, no context needed
Aug 11, 2023 12:34 PM

Mar 2021
What a sweet episode Yukichi looked so cute dozing under the Kotatsu and I love how excited he was to get a sharpening stone as a gift
Aug 11, 2023 12:45 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Winter sure brings its unique sets of challenges to Saku and Yukichi. Given how messy Saku can get a Kotatsu might not be the best idea. Ironic that Saku managed to get the prize while Saku couldn't. Still with the right safeguards im sure it would become a vital part of their house. Saku's mom sure cares a lot for Yukichi. Even more than they care for their daughter it seems. The photo shoot though was damm amusing. Saku's mom though sure provided plenty of amusment this ep though. It would be nice to see how she would react if she was to visit Saku. Yukichi's expression as he sharpened the knives sure was nightmare inducing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2023 12:52 PM

Dec 2021
I sometimes ponder how Saku managed to navigate adulthood before meeting Yukichi, especially considering her near-apartment fire incident with the first kotatsu. It's heartwarming to see that when Saku won the kotatsu, Yukichi took great care to prevent a repeat of that mishap.

Saku's mom is an absolute delight. Adding an 'M' to Amazun to create Mamazun feels exactly like something my own mother would do. It's quite amusing how she prioritizes asking about Yukichi in her letter, showing her familiarity with her daughter's tendencies.

The captured photo is incredibly endearing, particularly the one where Yukichi seems to be engulfing Saku. These pictures now serve as charming anecdotes Saku can share with her colleagues if they ever inquire about her cat.

Aug 11, 2023 1:02 PM

Feb 2019
Another fun and wholesome episode of dekineko. This show needs to be shown to anyone going thru a rough time, instant mood lifter.

Weekly Saku appreciation post

Saku trying to give back and show her appreciation to Yukichi via a new Kotatsu and a meal was sweet. She’s such an airhead but we love her nonetheless. She does try her best despite being clumsy and Yukichi definitely appreciated the thought.

Saku’s mom trying to get an updated pic of Yukichi and not believing any of the ones saku sent was hilarious. It’s a good idea to get a picture out the way now though in case any of Saku’s friends ever want to see a picture of her cat.

And what a better way to end the episode than knife sharpening 😂 it’s the simple things that really get Yukichi excited.
Marinate1016Aug 11, 2023 1:13 PM
Aug 11, 2023 4:59 PM
Aug 2022
I think Saku and Yukichi might have become my favourite duo in all of anime. Their hilarious and there relationship is so adorable
Aug 11, 2023 6:17 PM

Apr 2022
saku's mother is real nice, lowkey more concerned about yukichi lmao. saku had fun brushing yukichi's fur and then some photoshoot play around. another solid episode.
Aug 11, 2023 7:17 PM
Aug 2020
Yukiiiiii

This cat is really special
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Aug 11, 2023 9:08 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Yukichi turned into that one swordsmith guy from demon slayer who wouldn't stop sharpening that katana

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 12, 2023 12:50 AM

Aug 2009
They're both so silly lol

just loving this series
Aug 12, 2023 2:27 AM
Apr 2023
V1P3R0P said:

The master is showing love for his pet cat.
Aug 12, 2023 2:44 AM

May 2015
I freaking love these two. I wouldn't have believed if somebody have told me at the begining of the season that my AOTS would be about a dispomaniac office cutie and her cat-servant.
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Aug 12, 2023 3:38 AM

Jun 2015
New life hack confirmed. Although I did a pots and pans refresh of my kitchen last month and the new knife set came with a sharpener :D Wasnt sure what it was to be honest but my son pointed out what it was for.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 12, 2023 6:24 AM

Nov 2013
Another adorable episode!
Aug 12, 2023 7:26 AM
Dec 2022
the moment her mother speak, the moment I recognize its Hikasa Yoko signature voice 

this anime is low key flexing its high budget lmao

Very funny episode.. that Yukichi thinking too far about his master is funny af 
Aug 12, 2023 8:55 AM
Handler One

Jan 2023
Despite how hopeless Saku can be at times, she is honestly adorable to see. Same goes for Yukichi, especially the Kotatsu bit when we see him hug her and cry. These two are so such a treat to see, their interactions are so sweet and mood-lifting.

Yukichi is putting in the work, but really ironic how he got pocket tissues while Saku managed to win the lottery haha. It's funny to see that Yukichi was against the idea of getting a Kotatsu at first in fear that Saku might trash the thing only to get worried about her when she isn't home and comes to a dramatic conclusion, but it is comforting and warming to see Saku appreciate Yukichi with both the Kotatsu and cat food. The entire Mother Cat Picture bit was a treat to see, with Saku's mother being more concerned about Yukichi than Saku though that's fair to think.

Lovely and wholesome episode to watch, I love these two and hope they continue to interact with their silly shenanigans.
Have a relaxing Saturday to you all :)
BitChillyAug 12, 2023 9:00 AM

"You fought to the end. You survived. That's why you're here now. I think that's something you should be more proud of."
- Vladilena Milizé
Aug 12, 2023 9:18 AM

Apr 2022
good lord, I fell in love with a cartoon cat
Aug 12, 2023 11:17 AM
Feb 2016
Me gusta muchisimo esta anime.

Aug 13, 2023 12:04 AM

Jul 2021
It was fun to see how happy he was when Saku wanted to show him to others because she was proud of how cute he is.

Aug 13, 2023 1:02 AM

Jun 2021
Those were some nice photos, and Saku should take more of them. Also, funny and cute Yukichi poses.
Aug 13, 2023 8:34 AM

Feb 2021
She should just tell her parents the truth XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Aug 13, 2023 3:23 PM

Feb 2019
Yukichi just loves the simple things in life lol
Aug 14, 2023 7:28 AM

Mar 2011
And every week I'm wondering about the same: how is Saku an actual adult? I'm bad at adulting but she takes the cake :D. Good she has Yukichi who is taking care of her. Without him she would be screwed.

I'd love to see him in a box too :D
But seeing him sharpening the knives was something else. Good for Saku he's so nice and not a psycho-cat.
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

Aug 14, 2023 9:11 PM
Sep 2018
Yukichi being disappointed that he wasn't able to get the Kotatsu for Saku in the lottery thing was really nice. Even if he's clearly fed up with her carelessness, he still cares about her deeply (as can be seen when he's in tears thinking that she went to kill herself).

I really loved seeing more Saku-Yukichi interactions in this episode, from their kotatsu shenanigans to their bonding over picture-taking and appeasing Saku's mom. Probably my favorite episode to date!

(Loved hearing Hiroki Yasumoto's "Do it Yourself" as Yukichi in the preview)
Aug 15, 2023 3:45 PM

Mar 2008
Wait ...automatic shutoff timer and thermostats with overheating safety shutoffs on kotatsu arent standard?

I choked on my saliva a bit with the picture of Yukichi eating Saku.
Aug 17, 2023 11:11 PM
Jan 2021
never seen a cat get so excited over a whetstone 
Aug 19, 2023 5:05 AM

Jul 2017
Winter brings coldness, and Saku wants a kotatsu so bad that Yukichi has to toss out theirs, since it was out of order...put it simply due to her ignorance through snacking.

Yukichi doesn't want a kotatsu, but Saku is adamant on tit, and is angry enough that tossing her phone in the water is the last brink. Saku wants to bribe him, but Yukichi's out to his usual supermarket shopping, and having a raffle prize to get a complementary prize, well that's bad since one of the prizes is a kotatsu. Likewise, Saku is out when he came back, though she came back with the exact prize after winning the lottery from the bribe. Though a safety guard for the Kotatsu, there'll be no more instances like the last. Saku buying back some green foxtail thinking that Yukichi would play with it, but he's had a better idea to put it as the Kotatsu accessory.

Saku's delivery that's handled by Yukichi, the deliveryman sure got a shock. The delivery sent by Saku's mother that's full of cat food, Saku can't obviously frame Yukichi as a big humanely-like cat, so downsizing him will help a bit...with his fur. But that is not bluffing her mother, thinking that Yukichi has been in a desolate state, which isn't true. The photo shoot...hah, lols. It convinced her mother enough that she sent another package containing a sharpening stone, which is his love.

Yukichi the confidante, as always.
Aug 19, 2023 7:23 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Buying kotatsu and show mama how photogenic her giant cat is. Not to mention her mom also giving sharpening stone? What a coincidence since masterful cat really love doing all the sharpening things!

Not really a delightful episode, but i can still find this decent to appreciate Yukichi effort doing all the pose
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 22, 2023 4:58 AM

Aug 2013
What if her parents dropped by on a surprise visit? That could really put things into perspective.
Sep 3, 2023 4:37 AM
Cats & Owls

Nov 2021
Saku's mother really doesn't trust her own daughter. Seeing how careless she is outside work I cannot blame her XD. Also wow this is a lot of ceramic sets in their family house, not even my grandma had this much.
Sep 10, 2023 1:50 PM
Cats & Owls

Nov 2021
Reply to V1P3R0P
@V1P3R0P This scene out of context looks so cursed XD why didn't this show go viral
Sep 10, 2023 1:52 PM
Cats & Owls

Nov 2021
Reply to traed
Wait ...automatic shutoff timer and thermostats with overheating safety shutoffs on kotatsu arent standard?

I choked on my saliva a bit with the picture of Yukichi eating Saku.
@traed Maybe they're using an older model
Sep 10, 2023 1:53 PM
Cats & Owls

Nov 2021
Reply to Limi
What if her parents dropped by on a surprise visit? That could really put things into perspective.
@Limi I'm sure Yukichi would woo her parents like he does with every human he interacts with xd
Sep 25, 2023 4:43 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well at least she got the kotatsu, I loved how they were taking pictures to fake Yukichi being a normal cat, but if her parents visit her someday they'll be very surprised ahah
Sep 25, 2023 11:12 AM
Jan 2023
Another great episode, it was rather funny watching Saku try to take a picture of Yukichi whilst making him look like a normal cat and her mom not believing that it is a picture of the cat one bit.

I laughed so hard at the part where her own parents basically called her useless, but it is the truth, but she is funny sometimes.

The cat sharpening knives like that was certainly an interesting scene, he looks a bit dangerous doing that, but good thing he likes Saku, or she would be in trouble here...
Oct 2, 2023 11:52 PM

Jan 2021
I love the waifu from this show and seriosuly idk why
she's a stupid useless

but i'm falling in love...

Nov 5, 2023 3:36 AM

Jan 2023
Yukichi knows how to frame a shot correctly. Just a professional photographer!
Feb 10, 6:39 PM

Oct 2022
Might be the best episode so far aha. The photos were great and idk I found it hilarious when Yuki put her in a headlock 😂

Mar 10, 8:07 PM

Jun 2022
Pair The Damn Cat With That Store Chief Already , This One Is A Pain . Anyhoo , Sayonara Cat.
Mar 17, 5:33 PM

Dec 2022
hello my stupid daughter LOL yep mom knows best
almost as funny as that was when he choked her out
Sep 14, 12:26 PM
Feb 2023
Cute af episode. Need more perspective photos.they are so adorable together. Hope we get family dinner

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dekiru Neko wa Kyou mo Yuuutsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

74 by masterchiefcarl »»
Aug 27, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Dekiru Neko wa Kyou mo Yuuutsu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2023

45 by AW_Flister »»
Aug 16, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Dekiru Neko wa Kyou mo Yuuutsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2023

56 by rmcold »»
Jul 24, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Dekiru Neko wa Kyou mo Yuuutsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2023

145 by BigPaws »»
May 26, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Dekiru Neko wa Kyou mo Yuuutsu Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2023

40 by hurricane567 »»
May 1, 10:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.