Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2023 11:59 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Episode that close the season!
expected a much more emotional episode, since Thorfinn returned to his house and there were his mother and sister. I was expecting more tears, it was kind of bland.

8/10 for this nice season

kekeke

Waiting for a future season trying to find Vinland!!!
Jun 28, 2023 1:44 PM

Dec 2022
seeing the family reunion warms my heart
Jun 28, 2023 2:04 PM
Sep 2021
which chap should I start reading after the anime ?
Jun 28, 2023 4:05 PM
Mar 2022
Absolute beauty to the ending of this season I loved every bit of it.
Jun 28, 2023 8:55 PM
Jan 2023
This was such an amazing series to watch, in fact, this anime might actually be in the top 10 for me. Can't wait for season 3 to be announced!!!
Jun 29, 2023 1:28 AM
Aug 2018
Great episode that gives fans the happy ending they deserve. I don't hate the existence of this episode, but I think had the season ended on episode 23, I think that would have been perfect. This episode is cute and heartwarming, but slightly unnecessary in my opinion. I don't want to sound too negative. I certainly enjoyed it! I just think artistic perfection demanded something else.
Jun 29, 2023 5:48 AM
Aug 2020
UNEXPECTADLY WHOLESOME ENDING, GLORIOUS
Jun 29, 2023 3:45 PM

Dec 2015
Words can't describe how amazing this season was....
Jun 29, 2023 5:38 PM
Oct 2021
FIRE ASS SHOWWWWW
Jun 29, 2023 9:00 PM

Jul 2012
Ylva providing some needed comic relief after so many tears, loved it.

I remember manga-readers telling us anime-onlies to look forward to the "farm arc" cause it was amazing and don't underestimate/hate on Thorfinn cause he was gonna go under a big character development... You were right all along, my friends. 
This was certainly one of the best seasons of any show I've seen. Can't say anything else but: Masterpiece.
And Thorfinn is such an amazing character.

I need to go back and watch season 1 now... In the mean time I'll pray for a S3 announcement! Please, don't make us wait so many years for a continuation again!

PS: Young Askeladd made me scream. Thanks for the fanservice VS, lol
Jun 30, 2023 3:52 AM
Apr 2013
I have no enemies, I have family!
Jun 30, 2023 4:15 AM
Jan 2016
Slow burn for the world building and character development, punctuated with one or two great set pieces and action sequences. It was a very good season 2.
Jun 30, 2023 1:36 PM

Dec 2020
Was a great watch though I don't like the beardless Thorfin just something different than his slave attire would've been enough. The comedic bits were unnecessary but I just paid no mind to it.
Jul 1, 2023 4:40 AM
Feb 2016
For me didnt seem to consentrate to much on main character, he seemed to be to passive in my opinion
Jul 1, 2023 3:31 PM

Dec 2022
This season cooked much more than i thought it alr was!!!

Fudgin can't wait for the third season cause Thorfinn still deserves even more happiness after this beautiful last episode.

Jul 2, 2023 6:36 AM
Jun 2022
kk i bhohoijijijjijijij i i ji jij iijij ijijijijiji
Jul 2, 2023 10:49 AM
Sep 2022
Lo mejor que he visto en mi vida
Jul 2, 2023 10:54 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Bruuuuh Yelva punches harder than Drott 💀.
That was an emotional reunion. I was not ready.
Thorfinn looked great at the end, I guess, the story only starts after this.
Jul 2, 2023 3:16 PM
Jul 2021
So we arrived at the end point of a meh at best season 2.

And just like the rest of the Spring season anime this show had to push a nugged of "the message" on it's last episode, not that they hadn't done it during the season itself. 

But thi9s is ridiculous, here we have Thorffin sis acting all dyke & butch, you go slay it queen! I can kick my war hardened bro so easily.... Pathetic. Good riddance this season was weak a hard watch and I didn't dropped because of season 1.

I hope S3 will only come 2/4 years from now. Five from now would be once all this wokeness is dead and buried in the backyard.
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Jul 3, 2023 2:03 AM
Sep 2020
Just a masterpiece ❤️
Jul 3, 2023 3:40 AM
Apr 2022
เนื้อเรื่องเหมือนในฉบับมังงะเเถบจะไม่ตัดออกเลย เเถมเพราะได้มาเป็นอนิเมะสื่อถึงอารมณ์สุดๆ
Jul 3, 2023 8:18 AM
Jan 2016
Dawizz said:

And just like the rest of the Spring season anime this show had to push a nugged of "the message" on it's last episode, not that they hadn't done it during the season itself. 

But thi9s is ridiculous, here we have Thorffin sis acting all dyke & butch, you go slay it queen! I can kick my war hardened bro so easily.... Pathetic. Good riddance this season was weak a hard watch and I didn't dropped because of season 1.

I hope S3 will only come 2/4 years from now. Five from now would be once all this wokeness is dead and buried in the backyard.

When did they drop a "woke" message? I didn't see it.

To be honest. Seemed to me you just love action heavy anime...but then I looked at your anime list... and you gave literally every single season and OVA of Noragami a 10/10. So, I gather you like uninvetive boring asf action and plotlines that lead to nowhere.
Jul 3, 2023 10:51 AM

Aug 2016
Speechless...
Enter the wonderful world of Seinen thanks to Vinland Saga.
10/10
Jul 3, 2023 8:22 PM
Dec 2022
I just completed season 2 since I was following it dubbed and the last dub episode just dropped. Vinland Saga is one of my best animes and I am proud to say this season was way beyond peak. Thorfinn reuniting with his family was so emotional. A perfect 10/10 for me. I'd always love Thorfinn's character development. It will always be remembered. Great job, MAPPA. Please don't take too long to announce a sequel, I beg of you. I want a season 3...no, I need a season 3. Fantabulous and spectacular show.🤘🏾🤘🏾❤️❤️❤️❤️
Jul 3, 2023 8:24 PM
Dec 2022
breaker_not said:
Dawizz said:

To be honest. Seemed to me you just love action heavy anime...but then I looked at your anime list... and you gave literally every single season and OVA of Noragami a 10/10. So, I gather you like uninvetive boring asf action and plotlines that lead to nowhere.

Lmfao, bro. I agree. All those dumbass that loon for just heavy action with no direction...ofc they won't see the peakness in this season of Vinland Saga. Leave him to be delusional. He's hopeless.
Jul 4, 2023 2:15 AM
Jul 2021
breaker_not said:
Dawizz said:

I gave that kind of score to everything related to Noragami out of personal reasons, that I will not share with the rest of the class. With that said, it's that your gotcha moment? 'cause it ain't the kind of gotcha moment you think it is. 

Yes I like action in my anime, but I also like character build up, plot lines that goes somewhere, resolutions, closing doors, overcoming struggle(s), a captivating story line. I really enjoyed the first episodes of this season, the ones we see Thorfinn & Einar working their asses off building something for themselves.

One of the best episodes this season was Askeladd slapping some sense into Thorfinn all the way from hell? Purgatory? Thorfinn's imagination/subconscious.

What I dislike are characters pulling a 180 degrees on everything that makes them who they are. Much like Thorfinn did this season, and I specially dislike it when they do it without a satisfactory explanation on why they turned their life 180 degrees. Much like what happened this season.

What I also don't like is circle jerk/going round and round pointless plots/plots lines, like this season pulled off. Way too much emphasis was given to a nothing burger story line & characters that almost no one gave two ffuks about them, yes I am talking about the entire Arnheid + batsh!t crazy husband + cvckhold Einar.

On and on that circle jerk fest/echo chamber of nothingness & pointless & absurd plotline went on, even to the point of "stealing" the show out of an episodes called " The Battle of Ketil’s Farm" more like Arnheid saying to all of us. Let me see how much more insufferable of a character I can become, make it all about myself, make my pointless tear jerk fest last just a bit longer.

To add insult to injury, Leif's re-union with Thorfinn is cut off and "happens" off screen, it's not like that entire plot line isn't crucial or important in any way, shape or form. It's like that dude wasted 15/16 years of his life going around looking for Thorfinn, nah fam, haven't you heard? It's Arnheid show now, it's like the producers are re-creating that meme of "look, at me, I am the Captain now"

Ffuk Leif's motivations/struggles/everything that was build up since season 1, ffuk that! It's Arnheid and soft & emasculated Thorfinn time! 

And to finish it off, we'll make Thorfinn sis all butch, a slay that Dragon queen/I don't need no man character. LMAO, what? Yeah I am sure that in that time period such kind of "woman" were around cough, cough not cough cough. I can b!tch slap around my warrior little bro ass off, any time of any day! You go Queen!

Let's inject modern toxicity into entertainment for good measuremen. Yeah because that's why we turn on every single week to watch, more real world woke crap shoved down our throats. In the wise words a somewhat famous youtuber "ffuk off show!"
Jul 4, 2023 2:20 AM
Jul 2021
CheliosX said:
breaker_not said:

Lmfao, bro. I agree. All those dumbass that loon for just heavy action with no direction...ofc they won't see the peakness in this season of Vinland Saga. Leave him to be delusional. He's hopeless.

Says the guy that gave  Akiba Maid War a 10. And wait for it ..... Wait for it ....  Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest a 10! Everything Arifureta related you gave a 10! LMAO. Kid GTFO. Any and all possible credibility you think you have just went puff into nothingness. 
Jul 4, 2023 3:51 AM
Dec 2022
Okay. I'mma be honest. I joined MAL. as a noob so I was outrightly giving all animes I liked a 10. That's my bad. Akiba Maid War deserves an 8 while Arifureta: From Commonplace To World's Strongest is like a 7 or 8. You good now? And what will you rate season 2 of Vinland Saga? A 6, 7?
Jul 4, 2023 3:57 AM
Jan 2016
Dawizz said:
breaker_not said:

I gave that kind of score to everything related to Noragami out of personal reasons, that I will not share with the rest of the class. With that said, it's that your gotcha moment? 'cause it ain't the kind of gotcha moment you think it is. 

Yes I like action in my anime, but I also like character build up, plot lines that goes somewhere, resolutions, closing doors, overcoming struggle(s), a captivating story line. I really enjoyed the first episodes of this season, the ones we see Thorfinn & Einar working their asses off building something for themselves.

One of the best episodes this season was Askeladd slapping some sense into Thorfinn all the way from hell? Purgatory? Thorfinn's imagination/subconscious.

What I dislike are characters pulling a 180 degrees on everything that makes them who they are. Much like Thorfinn did this season, and I specially dislike it when they do it without a satisfactory explanation on why they turned their life 180 degrees. Much like what happened this season.

What I also don't like is circle jerk/going round and round pointless plots/plots lines, like this season pulled off. Way too much emphasis was given to a nothing burger story line & characters that almost no one gave two ffuks about them, yes I am talking about the entire Arnheid + batsh!t crazy husband + cvckhold Einar.

On and on that circle jerk fest/echo chamber of nothingness & pointless & absurd plotline went on, even to the point of "stealing" the show out of an episodes called " The Battle of Ketil’s Farm" more like Arnheid saying to all of us. Let me see how much more insufferable of a character I can become, make it all about myself, make my pointless tear jerk fest last just a bit longer.

To add insult to injury, Leif's re-union with Thorfinn is cut off and "happens" off screen, it's not like that entire plot line isn't crucial or important in any way, shape or form. It's like that dude wasted 15/16 years of his life going around looking for Thorfinn, nah fam, haven't you heard? It's Arnheid show now, it's like the producers are re-creating that meme of "look, at me, I am the Captain now"

Ffuk Leif's motivations/struggles/everything that was build up since season 1, ffuk that! It's Arnheid and soft & emasculated Thorfinn time! 

And to finish it off, we'll make Thorfinn sis all butch, a slay that Dragon queen/I don't need no man character. LMAO, what? Yeah I am sure that in that time period such kind of "woman" were around cough, cough not cough cough. I can b!tch slap around my warrior little bro ass off, any time of any day! You go Queen!

Let's inject modern toxicity into entertainment for good measuremen. Yeah because that's why we turn on every single week to watch, more real world woke crap shoved down our throats. In the wise words a somewhat famous youtuber "ffuk off show!"

I think you're being too harsh on the Leif reunion. Leif is a merchant by trade, he travels for business sake first and only uses the chance here and there to inquire about Thorfinn out of goodwill.

The focus on Gardar for an episode did feel like a waste of time to me, I agree about that..., but Arnheid seemed necessary to me. Her character provides a different perspective to all the greed and selfishness that rules the world. Someone who lost literally everything, who's there to make Thorfinn realise his purpose in life. To stop him from wallowing in self-pity, since that is a form of selfishness aswell.

As for Thorfinn avoiding conflict, which I presume is what you refer as a 180 degrees turn. I think its right in the portrayed circumstances. If he had gone guns blazing, they would've never let him meet Canute. Of course, there's conflicts you can't run away from, I'm sure he's well aware of that, but this isn't one of them. He owes nothing to Ketil, every single one of Ketil's people showed Thorfinn nothing but contept and ridicule, yet you want him to stick his neck out for them and stand his ground with them? Thats not how things work. Only a fool would give his life for someone who treats him like air.

A simple attempt to reason with Canute is the only act of kindness Ketil deserves.

Oh, as for why Thorfinn's sister is so strong. I think its apparent she's the one who inherited most of their fathers abnormal physical might. That should've been apparent even from season 1. Thorfinn was always the short and weak one. He simply did the best he could with what nature gave him.
breaker_notJul 4, 2023 5:21 AM
Jul 4, 2023 11:09 AM

May 2021
Ylva is truly Thorfinn's sister. She's got more power packed in her punches than that big-ass Viking who punched Thorfinn 100 times. A bit of a violent reaction but understandable considering she really thought Leif was being duped. Speaking of Leif, that dude's gotta be one of the best bros you could ask for. He looked all these years for Thorfinn, didn't give up even when rejected, and is now willing to secure the funds for a new nation.

Dunno why I nearly cried during the Helga-Thorfinn reunion but it is what it is. Easily the best anime so far in 2023/10.

Jul 4, 2023 12:08 PM

May 2021
Truly amazing season, I loved every second of seeing Thorfinn's character development I can't wait for the next season.

“𝘐𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥, 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘯’𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦. 𝘏𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘮𝘣𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘢𝘴 “𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩”. 𝘏𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘪𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 “𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩” 𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘶𝘴𝘦.” – 𝘚𝘢𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘰𝘴𝘩𝘪 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘢𝘴𝘦
ʏᴀsᴜʜᴀ - ғʟʏᴅᴀʏ ᴄʜɪɴᴀᴛᴏᴡɴ

Jul 4, 2023 7:14 PM
Mar 2022
It was legit peak fiction and character development
Jul 5, 2023 3:53 AM

Mar 2021
I will admit I liked Season 2 better than the 1st season but wish they would have ended it with Thorfinn staying with his family. Home is really what you make of it and there is no rush to run away from family and friends when there was is imminent threat for them to leave. His home village has been there for all this time when he has been away too. They could still continue the franchise even if they ended it with Thorfinn deciding to stay with his family a little longer. It's almost like Thorfinn returning to his family was Vinland all along.
ColourWheelJul 5, 2023 3:59 AM
Jul 5, 2023 3:34 PM
Aug 2013
a lovely epilogue, and a fantastic way to finish out the season... Honestly would not be mad if this is all we get.

Jul 7, 2023 1:03 PM
Apr 2021
Glorius and beautiful, the way of Thorfinn
Jul 7, 2023 1:30 PM
Jan 2016
ColourWheel said:
I will admit I liked Season 2 better than the 1st season but wish they would have ended it with Thorfinn staying with his family. Home is really what you make of it and there is no rush to run away from family and friends when there was is imminent threat for them to leave. His home village has been there for all this time when he has been away too. They could still continue the franchise even if they ended it with Thorfinn deciding to stay with his family a little longer. It's almost like Thorfinn returning to his family was Vinland all along.

Thing is... he feels guilty for all the terrible things he did. For all the countless families he tore up. Him continuing to live a quiet life, where all he has to worry about is himself or his family, doesn't sit right with him.
Jul 7, 2023 2:54 PM

Apr 2013
Dawizz said:

So many words, so few braincells. 
Jul 8, 2023 2:50 AM
Oct 2019
I feel like the pacing for this season was extremely slow, especially when the first season seems to fly through the extremely eventful first 16 years of his life in the same amount of episodes it takes for them to get through 4 years of his life farming. I feel like season 2 was a completely different show which didn't really follow up on season 1 at all. Thorfinn was a completely different person at the start of season 2 than he was at the end of season 1 and I feel like we missed a lot of development in that gap between seasons.
Jul 8, 2023 7:48 AM

Jan 2019
Racnoi said:
Thorfinn was a completely different person at the start of season 2 than he was at the end of season 1 and I feel like we missed a lot of development in that gap between seasons.

What the fuck? Season 2 was basically all about Thorfinn's development... Did you watch the same anime as we did?
Jul 8, 2023 11:08 AM
Nov 2015
this season rocks!
Jul 9, 2023 11:32 PM
Jul 2022
Vinland saga learn me I Have No Ennemies
Jul 10, 2023 1:02 AM

Jan 2023
is it me who found this season wholesome..
I love this anime

Jul 10, 2023 2:30 PM

Aug 2019
Great finale & great season, though it wasn’t quite as good as season 1.
The first 12 eps were fantastic but the latter half gets ruined by some questionable writing decisions and bad characters. Mainly Arnheid and Gardar, but also Einar to some extent because of how big of a simp he became later on.

The subplot with Arnheid’s husband made for some of the weakest episodes in the entire series. It just felt like filler, and Gardar was more of a tool for Arnheid’s development than an actual character. Arnheid herself is just a boring damsel in distress who should’ve just stayed a side character instead of taking up so much screen time constantly needing help.

There’s also Thorfinn who did a 180 of his personality by the end of the season. I liked his development but I hoped he would find a balance between cold-blooded killer and pacifist. His current ideology is just naive and unrealistic but I guess it worked out for him because he convinced Canute to stop being evil with the power of talking and peace!

8/10 season. The positives heavily outweigh the problems I had with this season but I didn’t feel like writing them down because everyone else already did lol.
Jul 11, 2023 2:15 PM
Jun 2014
I loved the first half of this season but the second half was so slow my god. There's so many episodes where only like 1 or 2 things happen, it felt like it was going at half the speed it should have.
Jul 13, 2023 8:48 AM
Oct 2022
absoluetly insane
Jul 13, 2023 10:47 AM
Dec 2019
cant wait for season 3
Jul 14, 2023 12:50 PM
Jul 2023
I absolutely loved the ending it's great to see thorfinn going back home
Jul 14, 2023 11:14 PM
May 2023
The character arc of thorfinns beautiful to watch
Jul 15, 2023 12:48 AM
May 2018
i miss the crazy torfin
Jul 15, 2023 4:28 AM
Jan 2023
It was perfect, masterpiece
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2023

308 by phantom346 »»
Yesterday, 6:46 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2023

375 by phantom346 »»
Sep 22, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2023

167 by Limpan31 »»
Sep 15, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2023

384 by Limpan31 »»
Sep 15, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2023

305 by TerryDiams75 »»
Sep 14, 9:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.