Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 3, 2023 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
Yamada is a caring person, helping Akane when she needed the most. 

However, I think the most interesting part is about Akane and Tsubaki's relationship, or at least their past story. Feels like they wanted to tell narratives about his past and relationships with others besides just Akane and Yamada show. This episode had a lot of emotions. Akane's crying was kinda comical though.
Jun 3, 2023 9:01 AM
Aug 2022
It's seems like Yamada-kun have his own share of regrets in past.
Akane-san seriously kicked Yamada-kun's head .
Yamada-kun Super Cool
Ricky16Jun 4, 2023 9:14 AM
Jun 3, 2023 9:35 AM

Apr 2010
Well Yamada is good at taking care of the sick despite his usual behaviour.
And we got some more background information about the characters which was nice.
Hopefully the other girls will also find her happiness.
Jun 3, 2023 10:15 AM

Apr 2016
Who would have thought that all a man needs is to be an unruly gamer™, to have a bunch of girls fall for you ... man, i really need to fix my shit.

But anyway, even more unruly gamer™ character got some spotlight in this weeks episode, one would think they are a match made in heaven ... but hey, its the pretty boy who ends up with a hot blonde kind of sotry ... .. . SO SUCK IT UP AVERAGE GIRL, lol.
Jun 3, 2023 10:17 AM

Jan 2022
You already lost, Yamada already found someone <3 I'm glad he finally talked about the girl in his flashbacks. Funny that a minor cold turned out to be a huge ordeal. It was so sweet of Yamada to look after Akane after she fainted. Poor Akane has a whole collection of books to deal with breakups, she must have really loved Takuma. It seems like we aren't going to make it to the good chapters. This episode was so short!! I hate it.

After last week's episode, I had to read all of the released manga chapters, and it feels weird watching everything I read animated. This is the first time I've read ahead and then watched the anime afterwards. It is weird seeing some added scenes that weren't in the manga.

cooldogmomJun 3, 2023 10:27 AM
This never updates so that's cool
Jun 3, 2023 10:28 AM

Feb 2021
Seeing them bonding was so sweet
And this continues to have the best post-credits scenes ever
Jun 3, 2023 10:35 AM
Mar 2023
Well, it seems that Tsubaki did end up joining the guild, and although what they say hurts him, it's true, if you really liked someone enough to feel that bad when you think they're going to take it away from you, you wouldn't let it go away. no one for that scenario to play out, and honestly, I doubt that's the case, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was the girl who had a crush on him as a kid. And on Akane's side, more than feeling calm when she's defenseless near Yamada because she doesn't think anything will happen between the two of them, I feel that she feels calm because if something happened with someone, she wouldn't mind if it was with him, despite the fact that he knows that he can be cruel with his indifference and little insight. Now it's time to see who is capable of making Yamada wake up before so that he fully realizes his feelings, although our Akane already has an advantage, I haven't read the manga and I expect anything no matter how low the chance is xd
Jun 3, 2023 10:38 AM

Jul 2017
On the night that Yamada supposed to come to cram school, he found Akane sick, and sad to say that Yukari kinda already lost the love battle, though Yamada was the one that introduced him to the world of games and having aspirations for his future life. The class president who knows Yamada in and out, being chased by girls, though he had one episode which a girl confessed to him, and got all the beating from others about him. That is now he closed his heart and did only what he was told to do, after the girl had long moved out and shed many tears to the point of Yamada not being able to understand girls, or the people around him. That, to Yukari, finds that if someone actually dated Yamada, she would suffer as well, but Akane's the only exception that he's willing to go to lengths to take care of her until she is awake.

That reality, is NO longer a dream, and Akane DID find Yamada in her room, still extremely sick from her sickness. He very well could've caught Akane's cold, but instead, he chose to be kind to her, which she is overjoyed, and definitely lovestruck due to her fever and headache. Despite having a good guy image, Akane's episode of getting dumped by Takuma is better for the long run, and is a contrast to his old love life when it was all said and done. The angelic feeling within Yamada gives reassurance to Akane, and having a cramp doesn't help much until he fixes her leg.

Akane promising to properly thank Yamada for his help, though she wants to draw close to him, and at the same time, can't let go of him.

Love is in the air for Akane and Yamada...or is it not achievable yet?
Jun 3, 2023 10:49 AM

Dec 2020
Poor yamada he got kick from akane and he also has a past with a not so nice memory about a girl who confessed to him.
Good that yamada is such a nice boy he took akane in the hospital.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 3, 2023 10:51 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Akane's gonna faint she had seen her be princess carried back to her home. That is if she had been awake. So Yamada and Tsubaki's first encounter was after they played against each other huh. Pretty bold of her. Still i think she must be glad that despite how popular he is that he never had a GF and thus giving her the time to find the courage to confess. Akane's reaction on seeing Yamada after waking up really was priceless. Man this was such a fun and adorable ep that featured not only some nice background for Tsubaki but also some amusing Akane moments as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2023 10:53 AM

Feb 2019
Madhouse masterclass today. Visual storytelling was impeccable. Combined with the OST and direction I was really impressed by this episode

Kinda feel bad for Yukari, this episode gave a lot more depth to she and Yamada’s relationship, but she was never going to win him over in the end.

In a way, Akane is an opportunity for Yamada to right what he feels were his wrongs of the past, like not saying anything to his childhood friend to make her feel better at the end. Really like how they interwove his flashback with the present day stuff with caring for Akane.

The wheels are definitely turning with romance now and my main complaint about the series, which is that their relationship seemed so shallow at first has now been addressed. There’s definitely some substance here now. Looking forward to how things develop
Marinate1016Jun 3, 2023 10:58 AM
Jun 3, 2023 10:59 AM

May 2020
Let me break it to you nerd.. you don't stand a chance, You Don't Stand A Chance, YOU-DON'T-STAND-A-CHANCE. So no more of those tears and talking philosophy. PLEASE.

Also is it safe to assume this is the last one of those life-threatening cold shoved up on our face?? Because any more of it, and this will break past that cringe threshold which is barely keeping itself intact.
Jun 3, 2023 11:09 AM
Apr 2022
Akanecchi getting more and more comfortable with Yamada!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 3, 2023 11:14 AM

Dec 2022
well i guess akane wasnt anything serious all is well that ends well
Jun 3, 2023 11:14 AM
Mar 2015
Glad Yamada saved our gril She really needs him
Jun 3, 2023 11:18 AM
Jul 2021
Marinate1016 said:
Madhouse masterclass today. Visual storytelling was impeccable. Combined with the OST and direction I was really impressed by this episode

Kinda feel bad for Yukari, this episode gave a lot more depth to she and Yamada’s relationship, but she was never going to win him over in the end.

In a way, Akane is an opportunity for Yamada to right what he feels were his wrongs of the past, like not saying anything to his childhood friend to make her feel better at the end. Really like how they interwove his flashback with the present day stuff with caring for Akane.

The wheels are definitely turning with romance now and my main complaint about the series, which is that their relationship seemed so shallow at first has now been addressed. There’s definitely some substance here now. Looking forward to how things develop

Ditto … wonderful episode … the slow pace allowing each of us to really feel Akane’s inner sorting of their thoughts and feelings.

Tsubaki’s inner dialogue about her hidden feeling about Yamada was especially poignant …

As I might have mentioned following a previous … the manga does have a community translation and is every bit as engaging as the anime!
Jun 3, 2023 11:35 AM

Mar 2016
Poor girl, she already lost.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jun 3, 2023 11:46 AM

Feb 2023
*stares into his soul*

"Bocchi the Rock!" - Ijichi Nijika

Jun 3, 2023 11:52 AM

Apr 2021
this was such a quiet but intense episode. I'm so glad we got so see more of Yamada's emotional world.
Jun 3, 2023 12:03 PM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
really great episode, the part of that way too serious of a cold and taking care of the one down with it is a bit of an anime cliche', but it was executed beautifully.
Jun 3, 2023 12:12 PM
Jan 2023
will there be second season for this show? 😭
Jun 3, 2023 12:13 PM
May 2023
i loooooooooooooooooooooooooove it
Jun 3, 2023 12:54 PM
Dec 2021
Again.
The wet dream of every teenager girl. The female fantasy.
Can't get more shoujo than this crap.

I'm ashamed I enjoy such a shallow anime like this one lmao
Jun 3, 2023 1:04 PM
Mar 2023
I found the parallels between Tsubaki and Akane interesting. While they both are being drawn to Yamada, Akane is able to help him start to move past his childhood regrets just by being herself and from her past relationship experiences. Such sweet and hilarious moments between them that make me giggle and ship them so much~ <3
Jun 3, 2023 1:07 PM

Jan 2021
We got see more of Yamada's past and it looks like he wasn't comfortable around the girls as well. He did meet Tsubaka on a another game.

Wow Akane's health was really bad, so bad that she even needed to go to the hospital. That cramp scene got me laughing though even though some people can relate to it. Yamada is really caring of Akane and when Akane is feeling better the next day and Yamada is about to leave, Akane's body just moves on its own towards Yamada. Wholesome episode.
Jun 3, 2023 1:36 PM
Jul 2022
I liked this episode
Jun 3, 2023 1:41 PM
Dec 2020
Wondeful episode! Made me smile
Jun 3, 2023 1:44 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
That was a deathly anime cold arc and a half, Yamada took full opportunity to get the most out of it lol, and of course you got the suggestive bed scene which was amazing, and I really appreciated Yamada’s dodging skills when he was helping Akane with her cramp, that’s what being a pro gamer gets you lol. And that final scene before Yamada left, Akane was grabbing his jacket unconsciously, this is the universe telling you to get together lol.

And Tsubaki’s bit in this one was interesting, it gave more insight on Yamada and also revealed a bit more of his backstory, I’m just really hoping that girl from the past isn’t Akane because I like that they just randomly met more than if it was some kind of fate thing. And I do kinda feel bad for Tsubaki, she’s saying all this about Yamada meeting someone when little does she know she’s late to the party lol.
Jun 3, 2023 1:54 PM
Nov 2022
Quite predictable the fact that Tsubaki had feelings for Yamada.

On the other hand, it seems that Akane already realized what she feels, I hope that develops fine.
Jun 3, 2023 2:06 PM
Dec 2022
I laughed so badly when Akane got a cramp, Yamada was helping her and then -bam- she kicks him with her foot😂 Reminded me a bit of the scene in Horimiya when Miyamura had the urge to put his foot on Hori lmao

Man, I absolutely adore this anime, I can't wait for the next episode! I hate these cliffhangers😭 It's nice to see how Yamada opens up more and more towards Akane...he even laughed, which he never does!🥹
Jun 3, 2023 2:21 PM
May 2021
yamada really is best boy. as soon as he saw akane collapsed he took care of her without hesitation. he may not think so, but he's a very kind and caring person.

really liked this episode. it was extra cute and sweet, and you can see the moments yamada is like "huh? what is this feeling?". i can't wait till he finally realizes his feelings for akane
My 2023 candies:
Jun 3, 2023 2:22 PM
Jul 2021
question for the manga readers: does the manga include that scene where Yamada helps with Akane’s leg cramp? loved it btw<3
Jun 3, 2023 3:27 PM
Oct 2016
Yamada helping Akane when she's so sick. Very sweet episode as they got closer while Yamada made sure Akane got the care she needed and recovered. First taking her back to her apartment but then later a nightly hospital. Akane fever wasn't getting any better so it was smart for Yamada to take her to the hospital. The Tsubaki parts of this episode were interesting. Seeing how she fell in love with Yamada beforehand as she got to know him better. How he doesn't think much of himself so thinking much of others just doesn't register in his mind. It sucks that she can't be with Yamada but at least Tsubaki herself knows that Yamada will find someone someday like she did him. Tying that back into the current events of Yamada helping Akane is great writing. Yamada has someone he cares for now and thinks about their wellbeing. Once Akane woke up and they started talking the mood calmed down more. Akane freaking out because Yamada was so kind warmed my heart. Akane is really starting to notice the many sides of Yamada too, now she's becoming very attached to him.
Jun 3, 2023 3:30 PM
Aug 2020
it was a really good episode, we learned more about Yamada's past, now we know whas he is acting like that with the girls. On the other side, he acted like a real prince with Akane.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 3, 2023 5:23 PM

Jun 2015
Take care! There was so much moe this episode I got a nose bleed
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 3, 2023 5:33 PM
Jun 2023
too_good_i_live_it
Jun 3, 2023 5:36 PM

Aug 2017
Akane is a beauty. All the guys would be after her IRL.
Jun 3, 2023 5:56 PM

Feb 2019
Prez should realize by now that Yamada's not gonna be paying the same attention he is giving Akane to her. Akane piqued his interest in a different way, while she is put in the "friend zone" right from the start lol
Jun 3, 2023 6:18 PM
Nov 2021
cooldogmom said:
You already lost, Yamada already found someone <3 I'm glad he finally talked about the girl in his flashbacks. Funny that a minor cold turned out to be a huge ordeal. It was so sweet of Yamada to look after Akane after she fainted. Poor Akane has a whole collection of books to deal with breakups, she must have really loved Takuma. It seems like we aren't going to make it to the good chapters. This episode was so short!! I hate it.

After last week's episode, I had to read all of the released manga chapters, and it feels weird watching everything I read animated. This is the first time I've read ahead and then watched the anime afterwards. It is weird seeing some added scenes that weren't in the manga.

I did the same thing but back on ep4 or 5 (when they added all those Runa scenes). Super weird seeing the random stuff they add but I have been enjoying it all since it always adds to the character development/atmosphere in a positive way unlike basically every other anime that adds random stuff. Love the manga and can't wait to see it all animated, truly a hidden gem in romance.
Jun 3, 2023 6:48 PM
Apr 2018
20:20 Why are you laughing? (I wanna know)
Jun 3, 2023 7:00 PM

Jul 2013
I'm legit curious what she's sick with. Her state and symptoms were scarily similar to mine when I took covid vaccine lol
Jun 3, 2023 7:18 PM
Jul 2022
What a hero Yamada is. He stayed with her all night then went to school, what a real one.
Jun 3, 2023 7:51 PM

Apr 2022
is it just me or is the cramp scene anime original? unless i'm being forgetful. but yeah relatable, those suckkkk.
still, yamada's dodge game is on point, evaded most of her kicks lmao. akane could see his angel wings, but even sick akane is very cute.

yamada still went to school after that, what a guy. could never be me tho, i'd stay back with the chick.
Jun 3, 2023 9:10 PM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
Naww they are so cute! I love them
Jun 3, 2023 9:37 PM
Sep 2021
Yamada's past was revealed it helped a lot in understanding him. The visuals were good and akane feels a lot attracted to yamada this time
Jun 3, 2023 9:50 PM

Oct 2017
Really nice of him to take care of her. Had some cute Akane moments.
Jun 3, 2023 9:55 PM

Jun 2019
This is probably the first time I saw an anime character actually think and bring the sick person to the hospital.
Jun 3, 2023 10:00 PM
Dec 2022
Wondering if they'll actually kiss atp
Hello!
Jun 3, 2023 11:09 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Oh, Tsubaki looked really cute in her flashback, too bad she's already giving up ;_;.

I don't read the manga, but I think next episode could be "taking care of Yamada's cold".
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Jun 3, 2023 11:52 PM

Jun 2019
Ah Akane is so cute. Looking forward to the next episode...^^
lettuce<3
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

260 by Yuhhangg27 »»
Aug 31, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2023

199 by Composure »»
Aug 27, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - Apr 1, 2023

281 by WalkerTheWolf »»
Aug 22, 10:19 PM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2023

123 by venbals »»
Jul 18, 10:00 PM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2023

152 by japanese_god »»
Jun 15, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.