Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2023 8:32 AM

Nov 2011
A strange episode of otherworldy elements but entertaining. It's definitiely different compared to the usual school drama.

Benten was especially fun to watch for her role this episode with her personality imo. The three girls gang were hilarious too. Feels like they tried to go all out this episode with comedy moments. 
Mar 2, 2023 8:41 AM
Oct 2022
Wow I wouldn't have bet one cent on the inclusion of the scene of the robot landing over and crushing Lum Benten and Oyuki... and then they find themselves squeezed inside the ''lucky'' pitfall, and Lum gets angry because she imagines Benten stealing his darling as a revenge because she broke the chain ! This wasn't even in the OG anime episode ! Bravo DP !

They even made an hint to a very late manga episode with the crab teacher ! Lum with a one shoulder bra :)
No wonder the next episode is about another indestructible and stern teacher... CAO-2 !
Mar 2, 2023 10:15 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
That was quite the trap that Benten ended falling for. Nice setup that Oyuki has for a tv though. I never expected Oyuki to be one of the previous punks though considering her nature. The younger gen though looks like they have more brawn and less brains though. That invoice really was costly. Still despite some questionable decisions have to say that the younger group sure had some nice surprises. Though in the end it was fun to see them get a real lesson on not fighting battles that they can't win. It was nice to see Oyuki and Benten again after so long though. And the three yobs did provide some nice entertainment as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2023 10:25 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 2, 2023 10:52 AM

Jan 2018
Aw, man. This episode was a joy to watch. It shows David Pro CAN make stand-alone episodes for UY. Makes me wish they did more stand-alone episodes. Ofc it was an adaptation of 3 chapters. But since it was basically a mini-arc with one story it didn't feel rushed or anything like that. Heck, it even corrected a plot hole from the OG anime episode 97.

Sugar, Ginger, and Pepper referred to by fans as the Spice Girls were definitely a parody of the "sukeban" thing from the 80's. Sukeban or punk girls need to make a comeback in anime!

It was really cool to see a VHS tape in a modern anime lol.

Interesting that Rie Takahashi was cast as Pepper. I think she would've made a good Ryuunosuke judging by her performance in Tomo-chan. Of course, Sugar and Ginger's actors were great too. Especially Misaki Kuno's Sugar. Hoping the trio will be back for more in the future!

This episode was amazing. We really need more Benten and Oyuki in the Remake. Next episode is about Lum and the others' middle school teacher. Weird pick but ok. I am very excited for the 2nd chapter though!
0451Mar 2, 2023 10:59 AM
Mar 2, 2023 1:48 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
the waifu factor was so damn strong this episode, i dont know i even blinked

Benten sexiest character, but not necessarily best girl
Mar 2, 2023 2:23 PM

Jun 2015
Benten missing her door key, fun rivalry with the new crop of rebellious students trying to make a name for themselves. Great fun
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 2, 2023 2:28 PM

Feb 2012
Ah, it's an intergenerational middle school rivalry between kouhai and and the graduated senpai
An entertaining showcase of their powers.
Lum's imagine spot of Benten taking Ataru away lol, he'd go for Benten in a heartbeat though

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 2, 2023 2:31 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So the three middle school alien brats end up stealing Benten's chain in order to challenge Benten, Lum, and Oyuki to a duel that somehow winded up on Earth. However, younger trio wasn't able to outsmart the older group despite using various tricks. Turns out that the chain was just used as a simple key to get into her house. Too bad she wasn't smart enough to lock the back door allowing the brats to show up again. It obvious that the brats are just seeking attention so Benten, Lum, and Oyuki just ignored them.
Mar 2, 2023 3:54 PM

Mar 2018
Urusei Yatsura is the greatest piece of fiction ever created
Mar 2, 2023 5:00 PM

May 2021
My expectations were completely toyed with.

Mar 2, 2023 5:34 PM

Apr 2022
space vector: AHO

decent stuff, focus on the trio of lum, benten and the ice chick; oyuki.
Mar 2, 2023 6:25 PM

May 2015
This was quite an interesting diversion from the usual episode. A full episode arc centered around Benten getting her chain stolen and teaming up with Lum and Oyuki to get it back! The friends play off well with each other, bringing out a more mischievous side of Lum when she exacerbates the problem by destroying the chain. The Spice Girls are also a great addition to the cast.
Mar 2, 2023 7:56 PM

Dec 2022
haha those foolhardy young gals just wanted to make friends with those who they looked up to, too young to admit it! tragic!
Mar 2, 2023 8:23 PM

Jul 2017
Trouble arises with Benten's disappearance, only to have herself intoxicated and her chain missing in the pink mushroom forest. Obviously, it was a case of stolen material from the Planet Middle School's pranksters of Ginger the Buddha, Sugar the Rainbow and Pepper the Snake, and more than the curiosity of seeing a VHS in modern anime, comparing Oyuki, Lum and Benten to the 3 of them, it's a fight to prove the superior prankster on the space vactor Idjit...or rather, Earth itself.

The fight to retrieve Benten's chain got worse when Lum accidentally broke her chain, it's for a reason. But their robot Salt #1 coming in to crash on them, they were lucky for a pitfall was there to save their skin. The rush to get back Benten's chain worked out well, though the use case is actually for her home as a key. And since the back door is open, there's not a real need for any key, let alone a spare.

Case resolved with the usual Urusei Yatsura fun.
Mar 2, 2023 9:10 PM
Dec 2022
Takahashi Rie and Kuno Misaki joining the cast.. wonder how big the budget, the VAs line up already GG enough

I knew Sugar VA was Kuno Misaki because the voice is very similar with Kurumi 

anyway Oyuki is very Kamisato Ayaka in this ep, not to mention the same VA lmao
very calm and ojou sama 
Mar 2, 2023 9:59 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Probably one of the best episodes of the remake so far, good timing for it too because it lined right up to when I got to this episode in the OG and man they are really close, not much differences at all. They did pretty much cut Ataru out in the remake but he was just an additional chaotic element in the OG anyway, and his absence got us a Benten booba grab which wasn’t in the OG so I’ll definitely take that, and the location of the fight was mostly on the school rooftop at night but that only changed how a few part of the fight happened, so great job on the adaptation imo.

But that wasn’t the only reason this was one of the best episodes, the other reason is that it was all one story so it had really good flow, it felt fleshed out and had room to breath which I really appreciate. And you can’t go wrong with more Benten (especially Benten) and Oyuki, those two paired with Lum are really fun, not to mention the goofy girl trio who were hilarious and have nice new designs in the remake. I’ll say it again, definitely one of my favorite episodes so far in the remake.
Mar 2, 2023 11:02 PM

May 2019
This is easily the best episode so far for this remake. It's well paced with great comedy antics and upgraded visuals. I would definitely want to see more of these sukeban idiots since they have multiple attempts to beat their senpais. What makes today's episode great is the dynamic and the banters between Lum, Benten and Oyuki plus the idiots lol. The subtitle is written as space vector idjit while it's supposed to be space vector idiot (aho-idiot). Really the only small thing that ruining the experience. I think it's totally fine that they decide to change the design for the Salt #1 probably to emphasize the cooking related with the spice names rather than a reference to cooking mascot for kids to draw at the time. Next week we got Ran to join the reunion with their ex- teacher and an Atamen episode, good stuff.
TheColonel76 said:
They did pretty much cut Ataru out in the remake but he was just an additional chaotic element in the OG anyway, and his absence got us a Benten booba grab which wasn’t in the OG so I’ll definitely take that, and the location of the fight was mostly on the school rooftop at night but that only changed how a few part of the fight happened, so great job on the adaptation imo.
Ataru is not supposed to be there and it's just the OG's blunder for including him. Other than that the story is pretty much identical except for the cafe part.

Mar 3, 2023 2:44 AM
Nov 2020
Interesting episode. It was nice to see Lum and friends as the former generation of punks. I’m wondering if it’s just me or if anyone else got Kagura vibes from the one middle school girl ?
Mar 3, 2023 9:12 AM
Nov 2022
A very random episode, I don't dislike it but I really don't know how to describe it.

Ataru only appeared in a couple of scenes for no more than 20 seconds lmao xddd
Mar 3, 2023 10:24 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a very personal chain!!! kekeke

Nice episode, and hilarious the gang trio!!!
Mar 3, 2023 11:17 AM
May 2021
Nice episode lol. She used those chains for housekey purpose only lol
Mar 3, 2023 12:14 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
VivaceRex said:
This is easily the best episode so far for this remake. It's well paced with great comedy antics and upgraded visuals. I would definitely want to see more of these sukeban idiots since they have multiple attempts to beat their senpais. What makes today's episode great is the dynamic and the banters between Lum, Benten and Oyuki plus the idiots lol. The subtitle is written as space vector idjit while it's supposed to be space vector idiot (aho-idiot). Really the only small thing that ruining the experience. I think it's totally fine that they decide to change the design for the Salt #1 probably to emphasize the cooking related with the spice names rather than a reference to cooking mascot for kids to draw at the time. Next week we got Ran to join the reunion with their ex- teacher and an Atamen episode, good stuff.
TheColonel76 said:
They did pretty much cut Ataru out in the remake but he was just an additional chaotic element in the OG anyway, and his absence got us a Benten booba grab which wasn’t in the OG so I’ll definitely take that, and the location of the fight was mostly on the school rooftop at night but that only changed how a few part of the fight happened, so great job on the adaptation imo.
Ataru is not supposed to be there and it's just the OG's blunder for including him. Other than that the story is pretty much identical except for the cafe part.

I had a feeling that was the case, he seemed really random in the original so that makes sense.
Mar 3, 2023 2:06 PM

Jul 2016
Oyuki was a mood this episode.
Spice chicks were an interesting addition. Also it was nice to see Benten and Oyuki together on screen again.
Mar 3, 2023 2:07 PM
Sep 2018
Unique for a house key xD

The 3 girls are so cute ❤️
Mar 3, 2023 3:05 PM
Jun 2022
bro, to be honest , this ep was really boring, i didn't like these 3 girls i think they all give off cringe
Mar 3, 2023 8:26 PM
Mar 2015
Brats asses kicked but they continue to bother Banten
Mar 4, 2023 2:45 AM

Oct 2017
Those three girls are so dumb. Good to have more of Benten and Oyuki, they are both amusing. Also lol the chain was the key.
Mar 5, 2023 1:17 PM
Feb 2020
A literal key-chain, goddamn this show, this actually got me.

All in all, I really liked how we got an episode just about Lum getting into shenanigans with her friends. 
Mar 6, 2023 10:07 AM

May 2018
The episode was crazy but it was pretty fun. Imagine that, an entire episode without the human cast haha
Mar 7, 2023 3:17 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lol that other trio is surprisingly fun when they're against our main alien girls' trio, I didn't expect the chain to just be the house's key xD
Mar 7, 2023 4:52 PM

Feb 2016
Okay, they really nailed the Spice Girl's voices. They're just as bumbling and comedic as they ought to be. 
And who could say no to more Benten-focused episodes? I really like both her and the Spice Girls' new color palettes in this adaptation.
IMO, the color palette is where this new animation style really shines - Then again, David Pro nailed that in JoJo, too.

I like this particular episode more than the original's version, which is something I don't say often.
Mar 8, 2023 4:08 AM
Oct 2019
Trio clown shenanigans LMAO

I have a good laugh watching this episode.

Wow when there is so many girls, Ataru was nowhere to found. lol
Mar 9, 2023 11:25 AM

May 2020
Wow now I realized how to make an episode of this series good.. just don't have Ataru in it.
Mar 13, 2023 3:30 AM

Jun 2019
those three girls were mischievous in nature but cute.
Mar 13, 2023 4:01 AM
Jun 2021
I came him ask is this anime any good I watched the original and loved it I would hate for the remake to suck
Mar 24, 2023 12:51 AM

Jan 2015
Hahaha, really cool episode.
Apr 11, 2023 11:51 AM

Apr 2008
Softhenic03 said:
Wow now I realized how to make an episode of this series good.. just don't have Ataru in it.

Sooo true! xD 

He is the worst aspect except for some one liners
Jun 8, 2023 11:43 PM

Jun 2021
Ok episode with decent enough twists, but the choice to do a single entire one for this plot was a bit too stretching it.
Jul 16, 2023 9:24 PM
Oct 2021
the episode was screaming 'FOR THE GIRLS'
Jul 18, 2023 2:44 PM
Jul 2021
Listening to nothing but women argue with eachother for 20 minutes is exhausting.
Jul 24, 2023 7:46 PM
May 2023
the girls reminded me of the Powerpuff girls and brought back a part of my childhood
Jul 25, 2023 10:28 AM
Oct 2022
Well, I mean, Powerpuff Girls was made a lot later than UY anyway :)
Sep 30, 2023 10:19 PM
Feb 2022
chain chain chain
Jun 18, 1:26 AM
Dec 2021
this episode was much better than i've come to expect from this series... and a certain character didn't show up for any of it except about 5 seconds. wonder if there's any correlation there? nah probably not

More topics from this board

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2022

394 by UzAnas »»
Sep 20, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2023

96 by Muow »»
Sep 8, 8:05 PM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2022

54 by dspr »»
Aug 5, 5:26 PM

» Don't worry, Ranma 1/2 remake will follow... Probably new Maison Ikkoku as well. ( 1 2 )

Ajvisor - Jan 1, 2022

85 by wildhood »»
Aug 1, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Urusei Yatsura (2022) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2022

72 by dspr »»
Jul 28, 6:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.