Forums
New
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Dec 31, 2022 3:24 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Gifts are starting to be sent out now!

We'll let you know when all gifts have been sent so please hold tight for 1-3 hours!
Dec 31, 2022 3:42 PM
Aug 2018
nice (:
Dec 31, 2022 3:58 PM

Jan 2021
Thanks you so much elves, y'all did a great job. Now rest and enjoy the holidays!!
✴️20Happy21New22Year23❇️
HarusakiYorokobiDec 31, 2022 6:24 PM
🎃 Main Candies:
🎃 Bonus Candies:
Dec 31, 2022 4:18 PM

May 2020
Great to see you guys did it! ^^

MAL is the perfect place to shit talk about people's opinions.
Dec 31, 2022 4:36 PM

Jul 2019
elves rn like: 💀💀
Dec 31, 2022 5:00 PM
Nov 2017
Big cheers for the elves and everyone else who put everything together. Y'all are heroes.

I got a gift from one of the elves and this show looks so damn sick, can't wait to give it a watch!
Dec 31, 2022 5:02 PM

Sep 2007
weirdo90 said:
Ikano said:
That really just shifts the 250+ naughty santas into MIA volunteer elves....maybe it'll lower the number but I can picture there will still be people who just want the badge-act like they'll volunteer and then disappear when it counts.

When I was involved in hosting secret santa (on different site way back when) we did actually keep track of a "blacklist" of people who weren't allowed to participate in future secret santas (unless certain conditions were met to 'redeem themselves') but it may or may not be viable/worth it to keep track of 250+ "blacklisted" users here...

I'm not sure I understand your first paragraph. What do you mean by mia volunteer elves? Why would the volunteer elves be mia? I was thinking along the lines of giving badges to those who have volunteered in some capacity only after the event has ended. Also keeping in mind that some who volunteer may not have as much time to help due to work/personal lives getting in the way, while others have more available time to help.
MIA as in "Missing In Action"....I heard some santas outright deleted their accounts when it was time to make the gifts. I can picture some whom just want the badge volunteer but don't do anything when it counts as well...I mean it COULD work but there would need to be monitoring I guess....
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Dec 31, 2022 5:19 PM
May 2020
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Tysm for all your hard work! <333
Dec 31, 2022 5:29 PM

Apr 2022
HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I want to give a HUGE thanks to all the elves who worked extra extra hard to get the gifts and beautifully written recommendations out!
Dec 31, 2022 9:50 PM

Oct 2019
A big THANK YOU to all the elves, volunteers and everyone else who made this year's event possible.  Cheers!
Dec 31, 2022 10:16 PM

Jun 2020
I got my gift, I love it :D 

Thankyou for organizing this event, and working so hard during holidays, dear elves.. and, wishing everyone a happy new year! :)
Dec 31, 2022 10:41 PM

Apr 2020
Happy New Year and thanks for everyone's hard work!
My Candies:
Dec 31, 2022 11:35 PM

Nov 2020
thank you to everyone who made this possible, i appreciate ya'll! happy new year!!

"行 到 水 穷 处 , 坐 看 云 起 时" - 王維

("When the water has run dry, sit and watch for the rising clouds" - Wang Wei)

Dec 31, 2022 11:38 PM
Aug 2021
whoever my secret santa is, appreciate it – i love you ~!
Jan 1, 2023 1:57 AM

Jan 2021
It's really sad to see only 1 anime recommendation after writing a long gift :(
Jan 1, 2023 3:48 AM
Aug 2018
AyazikNz said:
yeah the essence the gift I got, was also just: "OH, I see you like the drama genre a bit, so you may like this: "..." merry Christmas"
Jan 1, 2023 4:00 AM

Jan 2012
This was my first MAL Secret Santa and it was a wonderful experience. I worked hard on mine (I tried) and then the generous person who did mine also worked very hard on theirs. When I saw my gift and message I couldn't help but smile. I can't wait for the username reveal then I can thank them personally. Probably one of the best Christmas gifts I've ever gotten to be honest.

And of course thank you for the MAL team for setting this entire event up and those staff and volunteers that worked tirelessly because of the 250+ no shows. Matching up everyone to begin with already sounds like a pain. I'm sure people will be very happy receiving their gifts after all the effort you put into it, even if it's a bit later than intended. Merry Belated Christmas and Happy New Year!

Jan 1, 2023 4:16 AM
/ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\

Apr 2012
I loved both my anime and manga recommendations, gonna give them all a try.

Thank you to everyone!
Jan 1, 2023 6:50 AM

Dec 2018
Got something i had already seen lol

Anyways thank you to those running the event ^.^
Jan 1, 2023 8:25 AM

May 2021
To whoever my secret santa was for the manga gifts, thank you! Your consideration of naming 2 manga has been truly appreciated :)
Happy New Year to y'all!
Cheers
RaviDaviJan 1, 2023 12:38 PM

Pls don't write animeS or mangaS >.< // + <50 man(g/hw/hu)a not in MAL. // Join my >manga club< here!

Jan 1, 2023 8:54 AM
Sep 2010
Firstly, major kudos to all the elves for making something of this scale work and finding someone whose taste I was so compatible with. I hope they enjoy the anime I recommended. And thanks as well to my santa for recommending two interesting anime I hadn't heard of before! This was a fun event.
Jan 1, 2023 11:39 AM

Aug 2022
Thanks to everyone who made the event possible! I've started watching one of the anime I was recommended and the person who recommended it was spot-on. I can tell they worked hard in picking it out for me! This was my first year participating, so I didn't know what to expect at all.

Maybe next year I'll sign up to be an elf. This year I didn't think I should since I didn't know what to expect from it, but now that I know more, it'd be fun to be a part of helping make it happen for people.
Jan 1, 2023 2:34 PM
Dec 2017
Hi,

I still haven't received my gift so I'm wondering if there was some error or something.
Jan 1, 2023 3:16 PM

Apr 2018
Happy new year, everyone, and thank you, secret Santa! The show I've been recommended has been on my radar for years now, so I guess it's finally time to give it a watch, but first... I'll have to find which hard drive it's saved on...
Jan 1, 2023 6:36 PM

Mar 2016
AyazikNz said:

Whats wrong with one ?
Jan 1, 2023 6:41 PM
Jun 2021
THANKS FOR THE GIFTS! I feel like whoever gifted me the manga recommendations is a elf so thank you for ur hard work :D thanks to the person who gifted anime recommendations as well. Thank u all for the hard work. This was my first time joining and I had fun recommending. So thank you for conducting this event. And big thanks to the elves for their hard work, hopefully this problem doesn’t happen next time. And I will definitely join the next one as well ^^ and I will check out the recommendations~ can’t wait for the reveal
Jan 1, 2023 7:38 PM

Nov 2013
well done staff and elves/helpers! <3
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jan 1, 2023 9:07 PM

Oct 2019
I believe a simple tweak to the Secret Santa event should resolve the Naughty Santa problem.

The tweak: Offer a two-tiered badge system - a simpler "participation" badge for those who sign up for the Elf Gift, and a fancier badge for those who sign up (and actually deliver) for the Gift Exchange.

The caveat is that naughty santas (i.e. those who sign up for the Gift Exchange but don't make a gift) will not receive either badge.  This must be made clear at the outset, so that badge-hunters who are uncertain of their availability during the holidays, or those who have no intention to make any gifts whatsoever from the start, will default to the Elf Gift option for fear of becoming a naughty santa (which would leave them with no badges from the event).

Of course, this would not eliminate all naughty santas - but it should suppress the number down to a manageable level.
Jan 2, 2023 12:33 AM

Jan 2022

first of all: happy new year everyone, hope that you all had a nice spending night <3

unfortunately i couldn't help the elves bc some issues happend to me that knocked me so bad that i was so so soo down :( but big kudos to the elves you guys are amazing!! thx so much for your hard working, you all did well.

and thanks to my (2) secret santas! i absolutly loved the image and i will ofc read the mangas indications, cant wait to meet them <3
Jan 2, 2023 7:36 PM
Jul 2018
I had a lot of fun with this. Thanks for putting it together
Jan 3, 2023 3:15 AM

Dec 2015
Happy new Year to everyone and big thank you to the elves who organized this! Also big thanx to my Santa for making the cute forum sig that additionally inspired me to dig up an old edit I made quite a while ago that I forgot existed and re-use it as forum avatar.

As for the mess with the naughty Santas, I think it might help if we had more time especially for the image event maybe? Like, two weeks to make gifts instead of one, with earlier deadline for application and earlier start so that the elves still have time to quality check everything. Because, this is my third time participating and goddamn, a week is really cutting it close if you/re not a Photoshop pro and you're making anything more than a very basic manip (for example, just making decently selecting and masking one friggin' object can take up to an hour depending on the background...). And people entering the image event with no prior experience with digital drawing or image manipulation have only a week to both familiarize themselves with the tool (Photoshop or smth else) and make a gift, and that's a tough learning curve in one week. Just my two cents, others may disagree. *shrug*

One more big thanks to elves on this fun event and hope to see more people participate next year! (With fewer naughty Santas, of course.)

Jan 5, 2023 7:12 AM
Jan 2014
When do we get our badges?
Jan 6, 2023 5:20 AM

Jan 2020
Came to see if they announced who our Secret Santas were. Seems like I still have time. Thanks to whoever you are, after I finish catching up on seasonal stuff this morning I'm going to start working through my gifts. I plan to watch all three.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jan 6, 2023 6:19 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
@AyazikNz and @Math082r would you two like me to recommend you some anime? Just DM me the link to your Secret Santa Post.

Not sure if I'm able to recommend some good ones, Math, (since you've seen 1.4k+ anime) but I'll try. xD
Jan 7, 2023 3:40 PM

Sep 2020
I just saw my gifts. Thanks for the edition, they are very pretty and I liked them a lot and thanks for the recommendations and the good vibes in the sent text,  are all already in my PTW.
I had the problem that when I sent to my secret santa the recommendations, they told me that it had to be on my list, and I did not have them on my list because although I had seen them, I had not completed them. I didn't have time to make recommendations again because there was only 1 day left so I don't know what happened in the end, I suppose some elf will have sent others. Sorry I didn't expect to run into that problem.
Anyway, I bother to say thank you here because I'm too shy to do it in private 
I wanted to go through this experience since it was my first time, it was a lot of fun, thanks for creating this game and happy new year ✨

Sorry if I write something incorrect, English is not my native language.

Jan 8, 2023 3:06 PM
Jul 2018
Sorry I had some things to do, but I watched the first episodes from all my gifts and I'm at episode 6 of Barakamon. I will dive bit deeper into it, when I'm done, but I like it so far. It's a cute childcare sol and what I needed atm. ^^
Jan 9, 2023 6:42 PM
Feb 2022
Thanks to my sercert santa and everyone who participated it really made me appreciate how everyone really just wants to help out with recommendations and getting others interested in what they like doing,I don't usually participate in events so it was fun, the admins really did a great job Thank you.
Jan 10, 2023 5:25 AM
Aug 2021
Hello I participated in the event and my gift was not late but I haven't received my badge yet.. did I miss something or did something wrong??
Jan 10, 2023 8:35 AM
Dec 2011
Himikoo101 said:
Hello I participated in the event and my gift was not late but I haven't received my badge yet.. did I miss something or did something wrong??

I didn't get mine either, so maybe they didn't hand them out yet?
Jan 10, 2023 1:05 PM

Aug 2009
Thanks to all of the members on the organization team that made this incredible event possible yet again. Kudos to you, you are the real MVPs!
Also thanks to all the responsible santas - year after year you are making this exchange the thing that I'm genuinely waiting for.

Now for the not so fun parts.
I honestly don't understand why the suggestion for bans for naughty santas has brought a debate it this thread. It 100% should be implemented. We can't just cutely call a person who disrespects other people's time and effort "naughty" and that's it. They not only don't deserve a badge (duh), there need to be repercussions and a next year ban is an adequate one.
For the clearly very young people calling banning "too much" - good luck with adulting, you won't like it.
The problem with naughty santas should be discussed as it is - it is about people don't caring about the event and those participating in it. Why should all of us tolerate this is beyond me.
People clearly went "eh don't care someone will write it probably" and disappear.
250 additional gifts is an insane number and my heart aches for the elves and the amount of stress they've been to during a holiday season.
Why are people who care about the event trying to have people who clearly doesn't, still participating?
Jan 11, 2023 9:01 AM
Jan 2014
TheCatlover192 said:
Himikoo101 said:

I didn't get mine either, so maybe they didn't hand them out yet?

Badge is showing up now for me
Jan 14, 2023 1:04 AM

Oct 2020
Thanks for the Penguin badge.
Jan 18, 2023 3:57 AM

Jan 2022
Can someone tell me who I need to talk to in order to get my gift? I’ve spoken to 2 people so far without a clear answer. I also sent a pm to my elf and they haven’t responded yet :(
This never updates so that's cool
Jan 18, 2023 3:58 AM

Jan 2022
Himikoo101 said:
how did you get your badge?? I can’t figure out what I did wrong and no one has been able to help me yet
Jan 18, 2023 9:11 AM

Sep 2020
cooldogmom said:
Himikoo101 said:
how did you get your badge?? I can’t figure out what I did wrong and no one has been able to help me yet
Try asking on discord after joining MAL server 
Jan 18, 2023 10:15 AM

Jan 2022
Sherrinford_ said:
cooldogmom said:

Thanks for responding! Where on discord do I send a message? I have no idea how it works lol
Jan 18, 2023 10:23 AM

Sep 2020
cooldogmom said:
Sherrinford_ said:

Thanks for responding! Where on discord do I send a message? I have no idea how it works lol
You can ask in the general chat of the server, most likely one of the admins or other staff guys will respond when they read it.  
Aug 13, 2023 12:38 AM
Aug 2023
It sounds great!!! How about this year?
Oct 3, 2023 11:26 PM
Sep 2023
Reply to FiestaOnline
im not sure i understand i can recommend a anime/manga and make a personalized anime imagen on photoshop to another user but how do the admins know i did so and award me the badged? 😩 i feel dumb for not understanding
@FiestaOnline Absolutely, your participation is what matters most! Keep enjoying the platform, and badges will come naturally with your contributions.
Oct 4, 2023 6:20 AM

Jul 2017
i can make profile/forum sets gifts for free, if you need more helping hands for secret santa 2023. if interested PM me. i offered my help last year too.
𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓎
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓎
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓎 (ᐢ..ᐢ)
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ »[𝒥𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝓂𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓎]«
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Fall 2024 ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Sep 12

147 by Dagarokun »»
7 minutes ago

» Summer Stack Challenges 🎾 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Jul 30

345 by HarrisonCAPA »»
28 minutes ago

» English Titles Added to Desktop; Moving Towards a Romanized/English Toggle ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Feb 12, 2020

125 by Leon_Kennedy_TM »»
12 hours ago

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Spring 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kineta - Mar 17

156 by badabass »»
Sep 17, 5:59 PM

» Join MAL's Moderator Team!

Kineta - Sep 12

0 by Kineta »»
Sep 12, 7:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.