Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

This show getting as popular as possible is the best possible thing for the anime industry

New
Dec 2, 2022 11:17 PM

Oct 2019
Love it or hate it, you can't deny that this shows production value, at the very least budget wise is so far and above what is considered normal.

Mappa has taken a risk by pouring so much into this. meaning if this blows up even more than what the they expected, more studios will realize that making extremely high budget adaptations of wildly loved sources is the way to go.

but for that to happen, this needs to more than just, as popular as other big shounen titles.

It shouldn't just be big, it should be the biggest.

that would be a lead to a new era of anime. anime has become bigger than ever, so the top of the market can be bigger productions than ever if we prove that it's worth it.

and don't give the "it's talent not money BS"

being able to afford 12 different endings and animating the shit out of the most unimportant possible scenes is not just talent. it takes time, man power and a lot of money.

not to say the staff aren't talented, but talent alone would not result in a product like this.

and that's besides the point of the producer himself saying he was going all out for the first time with this show.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 2, 2022 11:37 PM
Oct 2018
Apolygon2 said:
Love it or hate it, you can't deny that this shows production value, at the very least budget wise is so far and above what is considered normal.

Mappa has taken a risk by pouring so much into this. meaning if this blows up even more than what the they expected, more studios will realize that making extremely high budget adaptations of wildly loved sources is the way to go.

but for that to happen, this needs to more than just, as popular as other big shounen titles.

that would be a lead to a new era of anime. anime has become bigger than ever, so the top of the market can be bigger productions than ever if we prove that it's worth it.

being able to afford 12 different endings and animating the shit out of the most unimportant possible scenes is not just talent. it takes time, man power and a lot of money.

not to say the staff aren't talented, but talent alone would not result in a product like this.

and that's besides the point of the producer himself saying he was going all out for the first time with this show.

Good Thread👍👍
Dec 2, 2022 11:39 PM

Mar 2020
Whatever you say jesse
Dec 2, 2022 11:56 PM

Mar 2021
Apolygon2 said:

Talent and money both are needed. Money buys Talents, but have all the money in the world and no talented staff, The work will be subpar. Example: berserk 2016. The production committee was huge, That means the investments were too. But the production decision and execution was not proper which ruined the show.

Also, it seems like the budget was well utilized in this show since MAPPA was the sole investor in the production. Usually when multiple parties are involved, there will be difficulty in budget management and profit division, also impossible deadlines will ruin the healthy working environments which means work gets rushed.
V1P3R0PDec 3, 2022 12:08 AM
Dec 3, 2022 12:00 AM
Oct 2021
I don't agree with what you say, chainsaw man is the biggest anime of the year, not in all anime. if CSM popularity surpasses JJK's, then I'll take my words back.
Dec 3, 2022 12:08 AM
Dec 2020
You are not wrong..
But it will be pretty hard to be the biggest thing considering is not a show for everyone. Right now it's doing very good especially outside of Japan, but I wonder how big will be and what people will think about it one year from now.
Dec 3, 2022 12:09 AM

Apr 2021
Y'all not even understand what the OP was tryna say. He said all anime need a production like CSM and for that it needs to blow up
Dec 3, 2022 12:22 AM

Oct 2019
CreepHazard said:
Y'all not even understand what the OP was tryna say. He said all anime need a production like CSM and for that it needs to blow up

yes, at least someone get me

although "all anime" is kind of unrealistic. I'm thinking more like all/most/more big titles should get an adaptation like this.
Also available at:

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Dec 3, 2022 12:34 AM
Aug 2022
Apolygon2 said:

no lol, opposite will happen. The only thing that happens is crappa makes shit load of money, this is bad cause they'll take all the popular manga and make mess out of it.

Besides CSM will never surpass kny in japan and beating jjk is also not given. Heck it's not even the most watched anine in japan right now.

There's an high chance mappa will become madhouse 2.0
Dec 3, 2022 12:36 AM

Oct 2019
Badguy_oncel said:
Apolygon2 said:

no lol, opposite will happen. The only thing that happens is crappa makes shit load of money, this is bad cause they'll take all the popular manga and make mess out of it.

Besides CSM will never surpass kny in japan and beating jjk is also not given. Heck it's not even the most watched anine in japan right now.

there are so many things wrong with this that I don't even know how to answer it.

so I will just say this.

if mappa becomes a studio that makes shit that looks like: sonny boy, death parade or one punch man s1, I will gladly take it.
Also available at:

Dec 3, 2022 1:13 AM
Nov 2022
It’s like video games. Naturally a higher ans a smoother experience results in good success. That includes every possible element from art to music to even story.
Dec 3, 2022 2:00 AM
Sep 2020
Apolygon2 said:

iirc chainsaw man animators are one of the most paid animators japan has ever had
Dec 3, 2022 2:12 AM
Oct 2008
Apolygon2 said:

I would say it is half of the things to do. Second part is doing more sale in UE and USA because living only of japanese fans is not enough to sustain big budget.
Dec 3, 2022 2:34 AM
Aug 2021
My god why people don't understand what do you mean, like, just read the thread.
I totally AGREE with you
Dec 3, 2022 2:39 AM
Aug 2022
Apolygon2 said:
Badguy_oncel said:

there are so many things wrong with this that I don't even know how to answer it.

so I will just say this.

if mappa becomes a studio that makes shit that looks like: sonny boy, death parade or one punch man s1, I will gladly take it.
my man madhouse has been in decline since 2011 when all the talent workers left and went bankrupt.

The same chad studio which burned 1 million per each death note episodes is now doing shows like sonny boy and no guns no life which is nothing.

Mind you,it's fucking million dollars per ep in 2006. For comparison expensive shows like aot final season max out at 150k- 200k per episode, where bulk budget goes to cg.

One punch man was animated by extremely talented freelancer who went there own ways after s1, that's why s2 was done by Jc staff. Madhouse handling popular shows in near future is unlikely.

Their film "deadline" with 30million budget was a disaster which made only 7million

So please enlighten me where did I go wrong dear stranger
Dec 3, 2022 3:20 AM

Apr 2021
Badguy_oncel said:
Apolygon2 said:

so I will just say this.

my man madhouse has been in decline since 2011 when all the talent workers left and went bankrupt.

The same chad studio which burned 1 million per each death note episodes is now doing shows like sonny boy and no guns no life which is nothing.

Mind you,it's fucking million dollars per ep in 2006. For comparison expensive shows like aot final season max out at 150k- 200k per episode, where bulk budget goes to cg.

One punch man was animated by extremely talented freelancer who went there own ways after s1, that's why s2 was done by Jc staff. Madhouse handling popular shows in near future is unlikely.

Their film "deadline" with 30million budget was a disaster which made only 7million

The part where CSM is more popular than Deadline would ever be
Dec 3, 2022 4:15 AM
Aug 2022
CreepHazard said:
Badguy_oncel said:

even opm was popular and it barely made profit. So your point kid?
Dec 3, 2022 4:18 AM

Apr 2021
Badguy_oncel said:
CreepHazard said:

My point is OPM made profit, just not for the studio because it never single-handedly funded it, so most of it went to the production committee
Chainsaw Man on the other hand was funded entirely by MAPPA (OPs Point if you didn't understand) and therefore they reap what they sow
Dec 3, 2022 4:29 AM
Aug 2022
CreepHazard said:
Badguy_oncel said:

My point is OPM made profit, just not for the studio because it never single-handedly funded it, so most of it went to the production committee
Chainsaw Man on the other hand was funded entirely by MAPPA (OPs Point if you didn't understand) and therefore they reap what they sow
first of all opm didnt make much profit, if it did then they would've given top tier production quality like aot s2.

Secondly since mappa has invested full, there are taking huge risk, they need to make lot of profit to break even their huge budget since they are the sole producers
Dec 3, 2022 4:47 AM

Apr 2021
Badguy_oncel said:
CreepHazard said:

first of all opm didnt make much profit, if it did then they would've given top tier production quality like aot s2.

Secondly since mappa has invested full, there are taking huge risk, they need to make lot of profit to break even their huge budget since they are the sole producers

The poor production quality of Season 2 had absolutely nothing to do with the profit of season 1 OR its budget.
It was done by a J.C Staff, a studio not really known for flawless animation. If you think that it did, then you're fucking stupid
The core staff of season 1 and the director went their own ways as the first season caught up with the Manga up to that point and had to wait for more source material. Once it was available it was too late and hence a new core team and director were, and all the talented freelancers who worked on the first season like Arifumi Imai (probably busy working on AoT season 3 at the time), Yutaka Nakamura, Tatsuya Yoshihara, Keiichiro Watanabe, Toshiyuki Sato and Yoshimichi Kameda (a lot more prominent animators just check the staff list on MAL it's just too long) were gone.
It was like the biggest dream team for Sakuga arranged under the hood of MadHouse.
Season 2 couldn't bring even a fraction of the sheer animator prowess of season 1, and so it failed hard at the animation part.
As far as I know Season 1 and Season 2 had almost the same budget or even more because of the amount of actually GOOD CGI in it.
And my guy has the audacity to call me a kid bro doesn't even know how the industry works
CreepHazardDec 3, 2022 4:53 AM
Dec 3, 2022 4:57 AM
Mar 2021
Totally disagree, absolute nonsense.

Anyone in their right mind would know that people like a high-budget adaptation of a loved source material. Chainsaw Man doesn't need to be popular for this to be known. It's just simple logic.
Dec 3, 2022 4:58 AM
Mar 2021
CreepHazard said:

I understand what he's saying. I just think he's wrong.
Dec 3, 2022 5:00 AM
Mar 2021
RopeBuny said:
It’s like video games. Naturally a higher ans a smoother experience results in good success. That includes every possible element from art to music to even story.

This. Chainsaw Man doesn't need to be popular for this to be known. It's common sense, really.
Dec 3, 2022 5:09 AM

Apr 2021
BenStro said:

Anyone in their right mind would know that people like a high-budget adaptation of a loved source material. Chainsaw Man doesn't need to be popular for this to be known. It's just simple logic.

That's not what he meant. Popular series do need great adaptations, but it doesn't always require a high budget though. For example Ufotable staff get paid less than MAPPA employees.
The OPs point was that all studios should produce anime themselves rather than depending on a production committee (most of the profit from the anime goes back to the production committee, and if the studio doesn't rank high in the production committee they don't profit much out of it). If CSM, a fully MAPPA produced endeavour gains traction it will lead other studios to think the same way and make more self-produced anime. If this becomes the way of the anime industry then the studios can offer better schedules for production and treat their staff much better than they are being treated under rushed schedules and barely and breaks.
Though self production did end up in the downfall of MadHouse, KyoAni and Ufotable bet on it and end up rich because the production quality and show selection is just really good.
Dec 3, 2022 5:12 AM

Apr 2021
BenStro said:
RopeBuny said:

This. Chainsaw Man doesn't need to be popular for this to be known. It's common sense, really.

It's not because it's not common sense, it's because it's risky af. Most anime studios can't afford such a risk because they simply cannot afford a loss that big. MAPPA doing a self-production can help remove this fear and compel anime studios to take more risks.
Dec 3, 2022 5:35 AM
Aug 2022
CreepHazard said:
Badguy_oncel said:

The poor production quality of Season 2 had absolutely nothing to do with the profit of season 1 OR its budget.
It was done by a J.C Staff, a studio not really known for flawless animation. If you think that it did, then you're fucking stupid
The core staff of season 1 and the director went their own ways as the first season caught up with the Manga up to that point and had to wait for more source material. Once it was available it was too late and hence a new core team and director were, and all the talented freelancers who worked on the first season like Arifumi Imai (probably busy working on AoT season 3 at the time), Yutaka Nakamura, Tatsuya Yoshihara, Keiichiro Watanabe, Toshiyuki Sato and Yoshimichi Kameda (a lot more prominent animators just check the staff list on MAL it's just too long) were gone.
It was like the biggest dream team for Sakuga arranged under the hood of MadHouse.
Season 2 couldn't bring even a fraction of the sheer animator prowess of season 1, and so it failed hard at the animation part.
As far as I know Season 1 and Season 2 had almost the same budget or even more because of the amount of actually GOOD CGI in it.
And my guy has the audacity to call me a kid bro doesn't even know how the industry works
"jc staff is not know for flawless animation"
Looks like the kid hasn't watched railgun index series. Watch more anime kid.

"One punch man s1 had talented freelancers who didn't return for s2 "
I literally said the same thing to other guy. It's not my fault if you have some reading issues.

I was talking about profit not budget kid. Production quality doesn't involve only budget. Why are you bringing up budget?
The main purpose of anime is to boost up manga sales. Now 30m is good but it's not anything extrodinary and anime in 2015 was still niche, people started recognizing anime only during pandemic time when they had lot of time to watch. Opm s1 was not a block buster hit.

Ofcourse there are exception like vinland saga and mob were passion triumphs greed
Dec 3, 2022 5:55 AM
Sep 2012
Badguy_oncel said:

- OPM season 2 look low quality because season 1 director and other freelancers busy doing other anime.

- CSM already make of profit a lot right now in netflix japan, it mostly top 3 in every week. Right now CSM also top in streaming services.

Dec 3, 2022 6:12 AM
Jun 2019
This idea of more anime getting ridiculous animation quality is stupid. With Japan running out of local manpower, they run to SMS like Twitter to scout for overseas talent. That should tell you how bad the animator shortage in Japan is. In fact, this has been what anime producers have been trying to do but they obviously fail. The reason why they fail is the fact that they expect such a high-quality production but still try to cut corners.

They don't give animators enough time, they severely underpay their animators and expect them to stay. They even expect experienced animators to fix the newbie animator's awful work but don't train them (understandably, because everybody's too busy with their responsibilities to help the newbie out). This ends up becoming a loop where the newbie animator is a burden to the production.

The better way of improving anime production quality without the cost of the animator's health is to copy the Kyoto Animation model. Reduce the amount of anime produced, try to be the top bidder in every production committee you're on, give your workers a proper salary, give your workers proper production schedules, pick the right anime to adapt, actually train your animators, that kind of stuff.

This kind of business model is hard to get, studios like MAPPA, Wit, and Production I.G are still trying to follow Kyoani's model.

zarraphaDec 3, 2022 6:15 AM
Hi
Dec 3, 2022 6:14 AM

Apr 2021
Badguy_oncel said:
CreepHazard said:

I literally said the same thing to other guy. It's not my fault if you have some reading issues.

I was talking about profit not budget kid. Production quality doesn't involve only budget. Why are you bringing up budget?
The main purpose of anime is to boost up manga sales. Now 30m is good but it's not anything extrodinary and anime in 2015 was still niche, people started recognizing anime only during pandemic time when they had lot of time to watch. Opm s1 was not a block buster hit.

Ofcourse there are exception like vinland saga and mob were passion triumphs greed

JC Staff still isn't known for flawless animation. Railgun is pretty much the absolute peak of J.C Staff (except maybe Kazuma's hand in the Konosuba movie) and now compare that to the peak animation of MAPPA, Ufotable, KyoAni or former Madhouse. Absolutely average.
I don't have reading issues, not my problem if you forget things that you said and all of a sudden talk about profit affecting production quality like wtf.
Season 1 made a very good profit as it was extremely popular, and if you give the source for otherwise I'm willing to admit that it wasn't profitable. Even the Manga is in the Top 100 highest sales.
Dec 3, 2022 6:17 AM

Apr 2021
zarrapha said:
This idea of more anime getting ridiculous animation quality is stupid. With Japan running out of local manpower, they run to SMS like Twitter to scout for overseas talent. That should tell you how bad the animator shortage in Japan is. In fact, this has been what anime producers have been trying to do but they obviously fail. The reason why they fail is the fact that they expect such a high-quality production but still try to cut corners.

They don't give animators enough time, they severely underpay their animators and expect them to stay. They even expect experienced animators to fix the newbie animator's awful work but don't train them (understandably, because everybody's too busy with their responsibilities to help the newbie out). This ends up becoming a loop where the newbie animator is a burden to the production.

The better way of improving anime production quality without the cost of the animator's health is to copy the Kyoto Animation model. Reduce the amount of anime produced, try to be the top bidder in every production committee you're on, give your workers a proper salary, give your workers proper production schedules, pick the right anime to adapt, actually train your animators, that kind of stuff.

This kind of business model is hard to get, studios like MAPPA, Wit, and Production I.G are still trying to follow Kyoani's model.

iirc MAPPA did start a program to train new animators and are already working on becoming more like KyoAni so progress is being made. Honestly the entire work system in Japan is just very extreme, not just anime
Dec 3, 2022 6:26 AM
Jun 2019
CreepHazard said:
zarrapha said:

iirc MAPPA did start a program to train new animators and are already working on becoming more like KyoAni so progress is being made. Honestly the entire work system in Japan is just very extreme, not just anime
Not just extreme, they're also stubborn asf. Most of them still use paper and pen, when programs like CSP and Blender exist. Good thing that CSM key animation is most likely done digitally, since the director said that they'll mainly be using CSP, Adobe Animate, or Blender for CSM.
Hi
Dec 3, 2022 6:38 AM
Aug 2022
CreepHazard said:
Badguy_oncel said:

JC Staff still isn't known for flawless animation. Railgun is pretty much the absolute peak of J.C Staff (except maybe Kazuma's hand in the Konosuba movie) and now compare that to the peak animation of MAPPA, Ufotable, KyoAni or former Madhouse. Absolutely average.
I don't have reading issues, not my problem if you forget things that you said and all of a sudden talk about profit affecting production quality like wtf.
Season 1 made a very good profit as it was extremely popular, and if you give the source for otherwise I'm willing to admit that it wasn't profitable. Even the Manga is in the Top 100 highest sales.
again kid popular does not mean profit, anime sufferers from lot of piracy issues. They were already treading on dangerous waters after hxh and opm didnt help much. If it really made good profits they wouldn't have filed bankruptcy.

Top 100 means nothing for extremely popular shows like opm, it should have been in top 30 atleast. lmao shows like promised Neverland and gintama has more manga sales than opm, even vagabond with literally no adaption has 80n+ manga sales.

Nowadays every popular shonen shows reach at least 50m sales, I mean fucking tokyo revengers has 70m sales and that thing got shitty adaptation. Meanwhile your extremely popualr and "very profitable show" opm sits at 30m sales with paltry 1.1m sales per volume
Dec 3, 2022 6:40 AM

Apr 2021
zarrapha said:
CreepHazard said:

Not just extreme, they're also stubborn asf. Most of them still use paper and pen, when programs like CSP and Blender exist. Good thing that CSM key animation is most likely done digitally, since the director said that they'll mainly be using CSP, Adobe Animate, or Blender for CSM.

True True I heard this before. Hard to believe they still stick to paper when it's way more efficient and easy digitally
Dec 3, 2022 7:10 AM
Feb 2022
I support your Idea op
Dec 3, 2022 8:04 AM

Mar 2021
I dunno what is everyone talking about but here is power rangers
Dec 3, 2022 8:04 AM

Apr 2021
Badguy_oncel said:
CreepHazard said:

again kid popular does not mean profit, anime sufferers from lot of piracy issues. They were already treading on dangerous waters after hxh and opm didnt help much. If it really made good profits they wouldn't have filed bankruptcy.

Top 100 means nothing for extremely popular shows like opm, it should have been in top 30 atleast. lmao shows like promised Neverland and gintama has more manga sales than opm, even vagabond with literally no adaption has 80n+ manga sales.

Nowadays every popular shonen shows reach at least 50m sales, I mean fucking tokyo revengers has 70m sales and that thing got shitty adaptation. Meanwhile your extremely popualr and "very profitable show" opm sits at 30m sales with paltry 1.1m sales per volume

A major part of MadHouse was acquired by NipponTV in 2011, and almost completely acquired by 2014 (95% stocks) So HxH, OPM, Death Parade and all were after MadHouse saved themselves from the Redline disaster.
So basically OPM or HxH never accounted for their bankruptcy, it was actually the animators leaving that messed them up (remember OPM was animated by freelancers?) Afterwards their reputation just got worse and worse until now, and now they're just another studio.
Also if piracy were such a big issue why do we not see Demon Slayer or KyoAni projects falling apart due to it? Because they have better measures against piracy? (which we know they don't).

The top 100 might sound lousy until you figure out there's tens of thousands of manga out there. So yes the top 100 means it's extremely popular. Stuff like Demon Slayer only got there because the Anime boosted the manga sales a FUCK TON

Also that's just the manga sales, OPM is the 4th most popular show on MAL, JUST MAL. So yes it was pretty fucking profitable.

Still didn't get your 'not profitable' source for some reason.
Dec 3, 2022 8:39 AM
Aug 2022
CreepHazard said:
Badguy_oncel said:

A major part of MadHouse was acquired by NipponTV in 2011, and almost completely acquired by 2014 (95% stocks) So HxH, OPM, Death Parade and all were after MadHouse saved themselves from the Redline disaster.
So basically OPM or HxH never accounted for their bankruptcy, it was actually the animators leaving that messed them up (remember OPM was animated by freelancers?) Afterwards their reputation just got worse and worse until now, and now they're just another studio.
Also if piracy were such a big issue why do we not see Demon Slayer or KyoAni projects falling apart due to it? Because they have better measures against piracy? (which we know they don't).

The top 100 might sound lousy until you figure out there's tens of thousands of manga out there. So yes the top 100 means it's extremely popular. Stuff like Demon Slayer only got there because the Anime boosted the manga sales a FUCK TON

Also that's just the manga sales, OPM is the 4th most popular show on MAL, JUST MAL. So yes it was pretty fucking profitable.

demon slayer is extremely popular in japan where it makes most of its revenue, hence bypassing the piracy issue. Aot and one piece is literally the most pirated manga out there, while one piece didn't get much affected, aot lost lot of sales in western world where they simply pirated. If not it would've hit at least 150m. The craze for aot was high outside japan which unfortunately meant it lost many revenue due to piracy

Secondly while ds got fuck ton of manga sales in japan OPM DID NOT, 30m sales for extremely popualr show that to an action shonen is just peanuts. Fucking gintama, a golden standard for underrated anime has more manga sales. LET THAT SINK IN.

You're just indirectly proving my point

Less sales= less profit= less producers interest.

No studio is going to release their performance, especially if bad, that's why you look at manga sales, that's how many analysts publish their report.

MAL popularity means nothing. Aot is the most popualr show but you and I both know shows like pokemon and naruto have more views considering they were released 12yrs prior to aot.

Kingdom is nowhere a popular show in mal but its already in its 5th season. why? Because its manga sales are pretty good and steady with over 80m sales. At least I hope now you'll understand how manga sales tell a lot about a series performance in most cases
Dec 3, 2022 8:50 AM
Oct 2017
people will stop enjoying 300 ep slideshow animation animes :/
Dec 3, 2022 9:24 AM

Apr 2021
Badguy_oncel said:
CreepHazard said:

demon slayer is extremely popular in japan where it makes most of its revenue, hence bypassing the piracy issue. Aot and one piece is literally the most pirated manga out there, while one piece didn't get much affected, aot lost lot of sales in western world where they simply pirated. If not it would've hit at least 150m. The craze for aot was high outside japan which unfortunately meant it lost many revenue due to piracy

Secondly while ds got fuck ton of manga sales in japan OPM DID NOT, 30m sales for extremely popualr show that to an action shonen is just peanuts. Fucking gintama, a golden standard for underrated anime has more manga sales. LET THAT SINK IN.

No studio is going to release their performance, especially if bad, that's why you look at manga sales, that's how many analysts publish their report.

MAL popularity means nothing. Aot is the most popualr show but you and I both know shows like pokemon and naruto have more views considering they were released 12yrs prior to aot.

Kingdom is nowhere a popular show in mal but its already in its 5th season. why? Because its manga sales are pretty good and steady with over 80m sales. At least I hope now you'll understand how manga sales tell a lot about a series performance in most cases

Less producers interest yet it's getting a third season

The manga is more popular than Pokemon and Evangelion which were extremely popular anime and made more profit than OPM itself. Also much less popular manga like Fire Force and Golden Kamuy are getting their 4th season which should mean that they're profitable, except their manga sales show the opposite. So no, manga sales aren't the best indicator for an anime's success. Blu-ray sales kind of are, however, and from that OPM S1 seems to be a healthy success and made a generous profit considering its average budget.

And I still did not get a source, a legitimate source.
Also how come you never mentioned manga sales when I previously asked the source? Sounds to me like you're completely in the dark here and just spitting nonsense.
CreepHazardDec 3, 2022 1:15 PM
Dec 3, 2022 10:03 AM
May 2015
This anime is popular and has pretty good animation, but it won't become the next big thing, it definitely won't usher a new age of anime like you're trying to say.
Dec 3, 2022 10:12 AM

Feb 2017
Exactly, I hope everything goes well for MAPPA, from now on with good decision they can produce high quality project with good schedules, while taking a big chunk of the profit.
Dec 3, 2022 12:02 PM
Jul 2018
Aspects of an artistic medium being successful is good for the mediums market success? woah

I don't see this as good, because of this we'll see more lackluster but flashy battle shonen :(
Dec 3, 2022 12:04 PM

Oct 2019
BenStro said:

yes, but high budget now is demon slayer or jjk.

this is pushing what is normal for big anime.

im not saying it creates more big budget shows. i'm saying it makes the biggest shows have bigger budgets.
Also available at:

Dec 3, 2022 12:07 PM

Oct 2019
zarrapha said:

this is a completely different problem that i even do agree with being more important.

but again, this is a whole other thing.
Also available at:

Dec 3, 2022 12:12 PM

Oct 2019
AwokenStroken said:
Aspects of an artistic medium being successful is good for the mediums market success? woah

I don't see this as good, because of this we'll see more lackluster but flashy battle shonen :(

we see that anyways. i'm just saying if the show with the biggest budget becomes the biggest show.

more studios will take the same risk.
Also available at:

Dec 3, 2022 12:50 PM

Oct 2019
Tabibitosan_ said:
Apolygon2 said:

the budget. yes there are anime that i think are just as good if not more well adapted.

but none of them have this much money behind them. actually pay attention. what i said has nothing to do with the show being good or bad.
so what you're saying is.... More money needs to be invested in other studios. As if we don't have enough anime that are being carried by production quality, you want even more of them? That is certainly an opinion for sure.

"Carried by"

thats a dumb way to look at it. even if you thinks this, imagine if something like berserk got an adaptation like this.

true, some shows may not deserve it, we can argue over which ones but it wouldn't matter.

because the ones that do deserve it more than make up for the ones that don't.
Also available at:

Dec 3, 2022 1:08 PM

Apr 2021
Tabibitosan_ said:
Apolygon2 said:

the budget. yes there are anime that i think are just as good if not more well adapted.

but none of them have this much money behind them. actually pay attention. what i said has nothing to do with the show being good or bad.
so what you're saying is.... More money needs to be invested in other studios. As if we don't have enough anime that are being carried by production quality, you want even more of them? That is certainly an opinion for sure.

Dude he never said we needed sakuga fests smh. He said studios need to adapt KyoAni's model of producing their anime in-house, so spend their own money on their stuff. MAPPA doing this on a popular show like CSM might have positive effects on the rest of the industry, means no more rushed production schedules and consideration for the animators health and salary.
Dec 3, 2022 1:55 PM
Nov 2022
BenStro said:
RopeBuny said:

i don't even understand what you just said.
Dec 3, 2022 8:23 PM
Aug 2022
CreepHazard said:
Badguy_oncel said:

The manga is more popular than Pokemon and Evangelion which were extremely popular anime and made more profit than OPM itself. Also much less popular manga like Fire Force and Golden Kamuy are getting their 4th season which should mean that they're profitable, except their manga sales show the opposite. So no, manga sales aren't the best indicator for an anime's success. Blu-ray sales kind of are, however, and from that OPM S1 seems to be a healthy success and made a generous profit considering its average budget.

Also how come you never mentioned manga sales when I previously asked the source? Sounds to me like you're completely in the dark here and just spitting nonsense.
lol pokemon is primarily a gaming franchise, they dont give a crap about manga sales. 80% of revenue comes from games and card.

Fire force is getting third season and guess what the final volume is selling well.

Lmao golden kamuy is popualr in japan, they used golden kamuy in japan to promote fucking spiderman. As long as the show is popular in japan with dedicated viewers,they'll make sequels.

But guess what opm doesnt satisfy both the things. Its sales are not extraordinary and it's not popular in japan. Golden kamuy is way more popular in japan than opm.
Also you have streaming services now which was not that popualr in 2015. Blue ray sales doesn't mean anything now.

If you think opm was extremely profitable show then give me proof. My proof like I said is manga sales and how well it does in japan
Dec 3, 2022 8:29 PM

Apr 2021
Badguy_oncel said:
CreepHazard said:

lol pokemon is primarily a gaming franchise, they dont give a crap about manga sales. 80% of revenue comes from games and card.

Fire force is getting third season and guess what the final volume is selling well.

Lmao golden kamuy is popualr in japan, they used golden kamuy in japan to promote fucking spiderman. As long as the show is popular in japan with dedicated viewers,they'll make sequels.

But guess what opm doesnt satisfy both the things. Its sales are not extraordinary and it's not popular in japan. Golden kamuy is way more popular in japan than opm.
Also you have streaming services now which was not that popualr in 2015. Blue ray sales doesn't mean anything now.

If you think opm was extremely profitable show then give me proof. My proof like I said is manga sales and how well it does in japan

My proof is the show and manga are still insanely popular and OPM is moderately famous inside Japan unlike AoT
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 29, 2022

1026 by Masao134 »»
Yesterday, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

1014 by OnlyLukey »»
Sep 11, 11:24 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 6, 2022

585 by phantom346 »»
Sep 6, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 22, 2022

735 by phantom346 »»
Sep 6, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 1, 2022

787 by phantom346 »»
Sep 5, 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.