Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Summertime Rendering
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 12, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Yikes, Shadow causing problems again and the target turned out to be the festival. Not a surprise at all but still a pretty grim event.

Shinpei had a lot of anxiety this episode but didn't seem to back down in the face of danger. And Ushio is definitely a badass. I wish we get to see her more in action.
May 12, 2022 8:38 AM

May 2020
I guess it's quite impossible to convince anyone what we just witnessed was some regular 20 odd minutes episode, lengthwise. Felt like 5 minutes to me.

If the later part of last episode was a fender bender, this was an irrecoverable damage. Not sure how long it will take Shinpei to get over it. Glasses lady was good enough, but still there's a limit to human capabilities. That mother scared the hell out of me too, can't wait to see more of her.

To next week now. 5/5
May 12, 2022 10:09 AM

Apr 2017
This episode ended at chapter 20 of the manga... which was where I stopped reading so I could enjoy the anime. Watching this in blind will be a hell of a ride.

Of course, the events from last episode's cliffhanger expectedly had to get worse and more dangerous for everyone and not just the main cast.

Now there's a reason why Shinpei shouldn't die whenever he wants, which kinda explains an “inconsistency” about his ability in the second episode.

One curious thing tho, in the voice cast credits from the ED, one character along with their VA were censored with a glitch. Huh.

Definitely looking forward to the next episodes!
No community will be as misunderstood as the furry community. Uh... I guess?
May 12, 2022 11:03 AM

Oct 2020
Amazing episode, to kill a shadow one should attack the shadow of the shadow. Lol. 5/5

Sad the checkpoint moved forward, I will miss the fluffy feeling.
Anayan_KashyapMay 15, 2022 7:29 AM
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you are able to (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠
May 12, 2022 11:39 AM

Oct 2017
Things went bonkers fast.
May 12, 2022 12:43 PM
Mar 2022
I liked how shinpei wrote the respawn points and shit so he orients with it a little
May 12, 2022 2:13 PM

Feb 2019
Anime of the season. It’s not even close at this point. Absolutely insane episode. Had my jaw on the floor for most of it. The scene of the mountain of corpses at the festival is so haunting.

So like I speculated last week, big tiddied onee-san does have powers. Looks like she can see slightly into the future as she was able to dodge those bullets from the shadow. Ushio is actually a shadow, but seems to be able to rebel, so we know not all shadows have to follow the hivemind.

We also now know that the shadows are getting sacrifices to resurrect “mother” who I presume is some deity/great spirit. But how did shinpei get her eye? So many questions, a lot of crazy stuff going on rn, no better sign of a great story than just wanting all the answers right now lol.

And the first few volumes of the manga just came in today for me so I can’t wait to read
Marinate1016May 12, 2022 2:25 PM
May 12, 2022 2:33 PM

Mar 2020
This has a lot of those Re:Zero vibes but even more haunting. Seeing that mountain of corpses is pretty jarring. Let's see how Shinpei's next run through the days up to the festival go. As usual, the episode just flies by in 5 minutes.
May 12, 2022 2:48 PM

Sep 2012
Okay pretty interesting premise now that it's not unlimited continues.

Great ep this week again.
Oh god who are you people?
May 12, 2022 2:54 PM
May 2020
wow what an episode. everything turned to shizz and everyone got merked by the shadows. I'm still in disarray damn... now we gonna have shinpei become the next sherlock Holmes with all the clues given to him via that eye. if I was him, I'd immediately look for that woman
May 12, 2022 3:19 PM

Nov 2013
Yeah, this was a dark episode. I'm glad the 4-hand-shadow was well animated.

Just finished the manga today. Wasn't disappointed.
May 12, 2022 4:07 PM

Feb 2017
im feeling like theres some kind of merge happening between different timelines/different worlds which is why ushio is showing up despite already being dead. maybe even her or someone else having some kind of ability that allows her to return to that specific timeline/world? it seems to be confirmed that ushio isnt a shadow and is an actual human being. if shes actually a shadow i would be surprised

wonder how shinpei came to be in possession of that eye. iirc he's had 2 different colour eyes since being on the ferry, so he must have somehow acquired that eye possibly before or during the ferry trip (without even knowing it, i assume). cuz he just noticed that he had 1 eye that was a different colour not too long ago

doin lots of thinking courtesy of this episode lol

placeholder text
May 12, 2022 4:09 PM

Jul 2010
What an incredible episode... if the whole show will be like this, it's easily 8.5/9 out of 10.

I like that there are real stakes as in "save point moves forward". He can't jump back in time forever. This is something I always wondered about- what if MC of Re Zero, Groundhog Day, All you need is kill and other stories like this had an infinite amount of lives? What a bummer would be to find out that your next death is permanent lmao, better keep track of how many times you die and try to keep it lower than 99 or 100.
May 12, 2022 4:09 PM

Jul 2020
This is my anime of the season right now between Spy X Family so hard to choose between the two.

This plot has so many different twist and turns I have no clue what's going to happen next.
5/5
May 12, 2022 4:21 PM

Feb 2021
This week’s episode was intense, i was waiting for the chapter to get animated and it did not disappoint it made me stay on edge through the whole ordeal. I really like boss shadow’s voice he’s gonna be an interesting character to follow
i also love the silent sequence when shinpei was reaching out to mio and she perished it was very intense, the directing is good but i wish they made the shadow swallowing the island entirely black like the manga without adding the blue lines but this is the only thing that kinda bothered me but it’s nothing too serious, ushio was a badass with her punch tho! and now she’s looping too yayy
shinpei must have been traumatized but i admire his dedication he’s a really good mc
poor sou tho :( died protecting mio til the end he’a a good guy
and haine’s design looks pretty and her voice is surprisingly fitting, excited to see next week’s episode where the main story starts

amagirinomikoto said:
im feeling like theres some kind of merge happening between different timelines/different worlds which is why ushio is showing up despite already being dead. maybe even her or someone else having some kind of ability that allows her to return to that specific timeline/world? it seems to be confirmed that ushio isnt a shadow and is an actual human being. if shes actually a shadow i would be surprised

wonder how shinpei came to be in possession of that eye. iirc he's had 2 different colour eyes since being on the ferry, so he must have somehow acquired that eye possibly before or during the ferry trip (without even knowing it, i assume). cuz he just noticed that he had 1 eye that was a different colour not too long ago

shadow shinpei told ushio that if she was a human being her broken arm wouldn’t heal

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
KuniiMay 13, 2022 12:02 AM
bam
May 12, 2022 4:26 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Edge of Tomorrow: The Anime. Nagumo/Hizuru/big titty chick is basically Emily Blunt telling Tom Cruise to "find her when he wakes up"

And of course it's like Re:Zero as well, except it doesn't have a Subaru saying "emilia-TAN" every five seconds

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 12, 2022 4:27 PM

Feb 2017
N2OBLUe said:
amagirinomikoto said:

shadow shinpei told ushio that if she was a human being her broken arm wouldn’t heal

that slipped my mind - thanks for pointing that out

placeholder text
May 12, 2022 4:38 PM
Dec 2020
BetaMaleUltra said:
Edge of Tomorrow: The Anime. Nagumo/Hizuru/big titty chick is basically Emily Blunt telling Tom Cruise to "find her when he wakes up"

And of course it's like Re:Zero as well, except it doesn't have a Subaru saying "emilia-TAN" every five seconds

Edge of Tomorrow is even based on a manga called All You Need Is Kill, which in turn is based on a Japanese novel.
May 12, 2022 6:43 PM
Jul 2018
These shadow things in their natural form are actually scary
May 12, 2022 6:45 PM

Sep 2019
Damn, what an episode. So the starting points of the loops are gradually moving forward.
May 12, 2022 7:00 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was such a pain, at least glad that he managed to restart.
But i wonder what comes next..so many plot twists are coming.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 12, 2022 7:35 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Its subjective, and this anime is not more popular because Disney+ f*ckers only licenced in few countries and not even english (atleast i not noticed an rip with eng subs), so you can only watch this in japanese or hope for fansubbers.
If it was on CR it would be way more popular.
Edit: There is official eng subs but they are only in second episode, so its like komi san, it kills the hype.
May 12, 2022 7:42 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Heh so that's how you killed the shadow, huh? Good job telling that, sensei.

As i already assume from the previous episode, i got to see with mother which turned out to be that loli? Nice xd. And then the process behind the ritual of awakening. Time limit is truly beyond the hour of nine at those summer festival. Sho as i already suspect too already been copied by the shadow. Damn, one booba lady wasn't enough to handle all of that alone, especially those giant four-hand shadow. They need more firearms ... And good question, giant shadow, where the hell Shinpei got his eye? why? Or was it related to those doctor, Sou father? Since he's been revealed having a shadow too...

About Ushio shadow, she's an irregular one among all those shadow. But this episode still not explain why she's doing something like that? And now looks like she's being stranded earlier than before. Nice xd.

Alright, finally Shinpei doing his job to loop back, after all the horrible thing been seen. But Shinpei was be killed, not killed himself like i expect. His first objective should be finding those shadow hunter and big booba lady, and then deal with the eleven shadow included Sou, Mio, and those kid shadow, so far. That's it all for now, and lets see next...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 12, 2022 8:36 PM
Apr 2021
I’m still mad confused on what the shadows are, and their goal. But I’m sure as the story progresses it will explain. Im really enjoying it so far though and every episode has had me shocked
May 12, 2022 8:51 PM

Mar 2010
Well dam. These monsters are crazy. Will they take over the world now when they are done taking over the island. Shinpei got another reset! Time to see where it ends up now. He will also gain another ally after the reset. Looks like the time or something changed when he went back. Really liking Ushio more now!
May 12, 2022 8:53 PM

Jun 2014
Wow this show keeps getting darker every episode, woah I really thought Sou was a shadow already or something, he and his sister are hella sus
May 12, 2022 9:25 PM

May 2017
uncultblooded said:
This episode ended at chapter 20 of the manga... which was where I stopped reading so I could enjoy the anime. Watching this in blind will be a hell of a ride.

Of course, the events from last episode's cliffhanger expectedly had to get worse and more dangerous for everyone and not just the main cast.

Now there's a reason why Shinpei shouldn't die whenever he wants, which kinda explains an “inconsistency” about his ability in the second episode.

One curious thing tho, in the voice cast credits from the ED, one character along with their VA were censored with a glitch. Huh.

Definitely looking forward to the next episodes!

Ive read further and i still have my heart beating. this is so good. i'm so happy. this has been a dream come true to watch this manga become anime like this. and to see ushio. no. to HEAR her call people dummies has got to be best girl material.

we have. pouty ushio. and now. punch in the face one of the villains ushio. this is epic.
May 12, 2022 9:26 PM

Jan 2021
Wow! What an episode. As always so much happened. This is anime of the season for me. Story, animation everything is great. Looking forward to the next ep....
May 12, 2022 9:58 PM

Jun 2014
Shit is already getting wild and we're only 5 episodes in. Imagine once the story really hits the climax? Oh man I'm excited for what's to come.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

May 12, 2022 10:17 PM
Nov 2021
Stark700 said:
Yikes, Shadow causing problems again and the target turned out to be the festival. Not a surprise at all but still a pretty grim event.

Shinpei had a lot of anxiety this episode but didn't seem to back down in the face of danger. And Ushio is definitely a badass. I wish we get to see her more in action.

I hopped out my bed when ushio snuffed that dude lmao
May 12, 2022 10:18 PM

Jul 2017
Shinpei escaped death thanks to the large boob woman Nagumo Ryuunosuke, and she definitely can handle those Shadows well from the looks of it and truly exterminate them at their source and her goal: to save Shinpei.

Armed with new information, Nagumo is certainly to be trusted with her know-how about the Shadows, and spot their unique premises to distinguish humans from Shadows (a.k.a literally everything we've seen up until this stage) who're preparing for their Mother to awaken. And that light, was certainly Toki falling victim to the Shadow's parent boss. After that, it's all mayhem and hell broke loose as more Shadows forward with little time to think.

Shinpei's Re:Zero right eye is Mother's lost eye to control time, but the Shadows' philosophy while it sounds simple, is much rich and complex with only one goal in mind. Shinpei and Mio basically had no chance thereafter once Mio is dead, and Mother resurfaces to cancel the whole summer festival altogether on top of Hitogashima, swallowing the entire island in Shadow. The only way to stop it is for Nagumo to kill Shinpei and bring them back to July 22nd, where Ushio converges with Shinpei to tell the story beforehand and save Mio regardless of circumstance.

Look into everything objectively: Ushio's message of the Shadow's power limit, Shinpei's loops that set in stone for what's about to come and with time pressing down on his throat and his Save points more forward progressively, 3 days until the Summer Festival, he's the only one who can stop this.

Damn, this episode was just pure horror, BUT SCARIFYING HORROR done masterfully. The true ending of how it all got planned out, and Shinpei's restart to stop all that's happened now that we all know what went down, 20 chapters down for the 119 remaining.

Bear in mind, we're only 20% of the way, yet this feels like we're just starting a ride down the path to masterpiece craft.
May 12, 2022 10:22 PM
Nov 2021
amagirinomikoto said:

the ushio you see is a shadow. they said she was a shadow and the other shadows acknowledge her as a shadow. They call her a traitor for siding with the humans. For some reason though her shadow isn't like registering that she's a shadow idk why.

Bruh_epic said:
I’m still mad confused on what the shadows are, and their goal. But I’m sure as the story progresses it will explain. Im really enjoying it so far though and every episode has had me shocked

in terms of that yeah we don't exactly know what the shadows even are I laughed when I saw the mother shadow tho she looks like the dude from Inuyasha lol

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
KuniiMay 13, 2022 12:03 AM
May 12, 2022 10:47 PM

Jan 2020
Intense episode.

These shadows are trying to summon/awaken their boss shadow or something that they refer to as "mother" which ends up drowning the island into shadows? Why we don't know, but we know that Shinpei is trying to stop that before everyone on the island vanishes into thin air. I guess this is in a way the "big picture" of this show.

Ushio indeed died and the Ushio from last episode is a shadow. Some of you are probably wondering how, I honestly wouldn't know either since all other copies/shadows are trying to slaughter their human originals, but all I know is that real Ushio might have been on to something which made her shadow counter its very own nature. It'll be interesting to see what exactly changes or doesn't every time Shinepi resets this game. How many more times will he have to reset it actually to find the necessary amount of information? And how long will he survive for before having to reset again?

This is almost a multiverse. Every time Shinpei dies, he finds himself in a new universe that's the product of his own decisions.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
May 12, 2022 10:49 PM

Jan 2022
I didn't expect this episode to be more awesome than the last one, there are also too much of information that had been given, voice acting are also good I can feel the emotions on Shinpei's screams. So far so good I would want to have more suspense and thrill on the upcoming episodes and that's why I love it, it never disappoints me.
May 12, 2022 10:51 PM
Jan 2022
Marinate1016 said:
Anime of the season. It’s not even close at this point. Absolutely insane episode. Had my jaw on the floor for most of it. The scene of the mountain of corpses at the festival is so haunting.

So like I speculated last week, big tiddied onee-san does have powers. Looks like she can see slightly into the future as she was able to dodge those bullets from the shadow. Ushio is actually a shadow, but seems to be able to rebel, so we know not all shadows have to follow the hivemind.

We also now know that the shadows are getting sacrifices to resurrect “mother” who I presume is some deity/great spirit. But how did shinpei get her eye? So many questions, a lot of crazy stuff going on rn, no better sign of a great story than just wanting all the answers right now lol.

And the first few volumes of the manga just came in today for me so I can’t wait to read
If u had watched Higurashi,Re zero then u wouldn't have considered this anime as Anime of the Season..Anime definitely has one of the best animation this year but story has taken big inspiration(:|) from Higurashi....There is little to no originality in this anime if anyone has watched Higurashi.
May 12, 2022 10:52 PM

Feb 2019
gamibo said:
Marinate1016 said:

If u had watched Higurashi,Re zero then u wouldn't have considered this anime as Anime of the Season..Anime definitely has one of the best animation this year but story has taken big inspiration(:|) from Higurashi....There is little to no originality in this anime if anyone has watched Higurashi.

Man fuck up, lol. Cry.
May 12, 2022 10:52 PM

Jun 2021
So Ushio is indeed a shadow (I was still hoping that for some magical reason, she was human instead). She, however, behaves as if she was human with extra knowledge.

I love this anime, and the ED.
May 13, 2022 1:22 AM

May 2021
This ep really started the shit,i hope they dont fumble with the reveals
May 13, 2022 1:45 AM
Oct 2020
Good epispde so far
Anyway, did nagumo can see the future like 1-3 second ahead? if that is so it make sense that she can avoid that bullet from the shadow
May 13, 2022 2:13 AM

Jul 2021
5 minute episode wtf and that cliffhanger oh god it's gonna be a pain waiting every week for this, hate waiting weekly for mystery animes.

This was so good and so much happened. We now kind of know what's in store for us. The girl wants to eat everyone on the island so the shadows are helping her. She's some mother of theirs and Shinpie has one of her eye which helps him in travelling through time.

There was a lot of suffering for Shinpie this episode.

Looking forward to see how Shinpie tries to save everyone in this loop.

I would like to add that it's kind of hard taking everything seriously when we know that Shinpie can just kill himself and reset everything, I mean that big shadow was dominating everyone, Sou was getting killed and stuff and I just couldn't feel for them, I was like okay Shinpie just die and everything will reset. Though the trauma remains for Shinpie even though the situation goes back to normal. We also learnt that the starting point moves forward in time with every loop so now the stakes are gonna be high, Shinpie can't really rely on dying and resetting everything, he has to save that as last resort also this resetting can work as a save point too in future.

IDK how long it will take to solve this shadow thing but hoping it doesn't last for the whole 2 cours.

5/5.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 13, 2022 2:29 AM
Sep 2021
Softhenic03 said:
I guess it's quite impossible to convince anyone what we just witnessed was some regular 20 odd minutes episode, lengthwise. Felt like 5 minutes to me.

If the later part of last episode was a fender bender, this was an irrecoverable damage. Not sure how long it will take Shinpei to get over it. Glasses lady was good enough, but still there's a limit to human capabilities. That mother scared the hell out of me too, can't wait to see more of her.

To next week now. 5/5
there is a reason nagumo had super human instincts and its very well explained, it will be revealed in the coming episode next week if my memory serves me right.
May 13, 2022 2:37 AM

Feb 2018
shadow-kun knows Shinpei can travel back in time
but shadow-kun won't kill megane-chan or capture Shinpei
shadow-kun will wait till Shinpei and megane-chan are chatting with each other because why not
n i c e

Meh episode for me. First 4 were awesome, but this one feels like higurashi level of trash
May 13, 2022 2:55 AM

Oct 2021
The reveal are going crazy...great episode.
May 13, 2022 3:10 AM

Feb 2021
gamibo said:
Marinate1016 said:

i’m watching higurashi right now and nothing is similiar to it except for basic things like the story taking place in a village ans a festival going on, so why are you bringing it up everytime u seem mad str is being praised? and i watched re:zero and it’s honestly bad in my opinion
bam
May 13, 2022 4:33 AM
Oct 2021
It blows my mind how good it is lmao
May 13, 2022 4:52 AM

Mar 2015
GG-WP said:
Damn, what an episode. So the starting points of the loops are gradually moving forward.
that's actually such a good idea! it creates some extra value for each leap the mc does -- he needs to get some shit done, because there is a sense of urgency. in re zero the guy can just be like oh well, whatever better luck next time
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
May 13, 2022 5:25 AM

May 2021
The atmosphere, man, so horrifying and well-done. Seeing the mountain of corpses like than and THEN seeing them disappear, they conveyed the horror quite well.

The Mother made an appearance as well. Looked quite dope, what with the red contrasting with Shinpei's blue.

Its strange that boss shadow let Shinpei be executed like that. Would have expected him to bind badass onee-san so she couldn't shoot him but slip-ups happen, I suppose.

But it seems the loop system has a downside with the starting points gradually moving forward but at the same time its great that Shinpei doesn't have to bear the trauma from death, allowing him to think objectively, unlike the other loopity-doopity guy.

pasanoid said:
hat's actually such a good idea! it creates some extra value for each leap the mc does -- he needs to get some shit done, because there is a sense of urgency. in re zero the guy can just be like oh well, whatever better luck next time

That's incorrect though.
RioFSMay 13, 2022 5:31 AM

May 13, 2022 5:26 AM
Oct 2020
Alright, this is going full Higurashi now with the twist and turns
May 13, 2022 5:30 AM
Oct 2021
This episode seemed a bit poorly done, but I guess that's because I read the manga, otherwise everything seemed fine. Nice one, and the next loop starts lets goo
May 13, 2022 5:44 AM

Mar 2015
RioFS said:
The atmosphere, man, so horrifying and well-done. Seeing the mountain of corpses like than and THEN seeing them disappear, they conveyed the horror quite well.

The Mother made an appearance as well. Looked quite dope, what with the red contrasting with Shinpei's blue.

Its strange that boss shadow let Shinpei be executed like that. Would have expected him to bind badass onee-san so she couldn't shoot him but slip-ups happen, I suppose.

But it seems the loop system has a downside with the starting points gradually moving forward but at the same time its great that Shinpei doesn't have to bear the trauma from death, allowing him to think objectively, unlike the other loopity-doopity guy.

pasanoid said:
hat's actually such a good idea! it creates some extra value for each leap the mc does -- he needs to get some shit done, because there is a sense of urgency. in re zero the guy can just be like oh well, whatever better luck next time

That's incorrect though.
how so? I wouldn't mind a brief enlightenment if you are up for it
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2022

139 by Xeehad »»
Sep 12, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2022

89 by Xeehad »»
Sep 10, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2022

107 by Xeehad »»
Sep 10, 1:40 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2022

160 by Xeehad »»
Sep 10, 5:31 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

489 by Stuntdrath »»
Aug 31, 9:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.