Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (48) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 29, 2008 7:49 PM

Sep 2007
Eh... I kind of doubt she'll join the crew... I see her as more of a Vivi-Conis character. if she can't save herself from a sea monster, she probably won't be able to hold her own throughout the rest of the New World. However, they're going to need a Mermaid ally with so many Devil's Fruit users in the crew, so she'll probably stick around for a while. It would be kind of cool if she joined, of course... I liked Camie in Hatchan's cover arc, so it's not like I'll be upset if she becomes a Strawhat XD

On an unrelated note let's place our bets now - who thinks the candy rain, ocean tanuki, circular rainbow, and snake currents are going to be important later on, and who thinks Oda was just having fun with all the crazy stuff around the Red Line?
Feb 29, 2008 9:50 PM

May 2007
I also can't decide whether Camie wi'll join the crew or not. Right now she seems like a Conis to me... like a guide that will help them get to Merman Island and tell them everything about it. ^^; She is pretty hilarious though. Plus that starfish thingy is weird. XD
Anyway! Finally, the long awaited Merman Island Arc is staaarting, whoo! I'm so exited! Lol - about the circular rainbow and other insane things, I think Oda is just playing around with the background details, just like he did when they entered the Grand Line.

Mar 1, 2008 10:56 AM
Nov 2007
lol come on guys...you cant judge if a character joins or not on roughly 2 pages....
Mar 1, 2008 12:39 PM

May 2007
Lofoc said:
lol come on guys...you cant judge if a character joins or not on roughly 2 pages....

Haha, I know. I just wanted to get some discussion going on, and it seemed to be working. And hey! If someone says a prediction now and if it turns out later to be true, there's the evidence, eh? Lol.
Mar 1, 2008 2:03 PM
Nov 2007
That he or she just had have to buy a lottery ticket? XD
Mar 1, 2008 5:27 PM

Dec 2007
somehow i sense that Camie might be an allusion to The Little Mermaid
Also, it would be interesting if there was some Spongebob allusions in Merman Island too...
Eventually spongebob becomes a strawhat..lol...that would be hilarious
Mar 2, 2008 6:12 PM

May 2007
danrev123 said:
somehow i sense that Camie might be an allusion to The Little Mermaid
Also, it would be interesting if there was some Spongebob allusions in Merman Island too...
Eventually spongebob becomes a strawhat..lol...that would be hilarious

An allusion to the Little Mermaid...okay, I can handle that. But Spongebob........I think that's where we need to draw the line.
Mar 2, 2008 7:58 PM

Dec 2007
Spongebob was more of a joke than anything else...
But i mean anything can happen, lol
Mar 4, 2008 1:20 AM

Oct 2007
Hello .. just want to ask .. you guys did notice that Camie was on a cover story arc a while while while back with Hachi right?
Mar 4, 2008 9:53 AM
Nov 2007
Yeah it was during the Arabasta arc...
Mar 7, 2008 1:32 PM

May 2007
So who does everyone think is behind the iron mask? Apparently, he has crossed the Strawhats before (which member, still unknown, though we know its a male) but somebody from the past. Buggy? Kreig? Crocodile even? Hmmm....

I was thinking that since he wears an iron mask and all, maybe his face got all screwed up, but I can't recall that really happening to anyone.

By the way, hilarious chapter.
Mar 7, 2008 2:27 PM

Dec 2007
crocodile is imprisoned so it cant be him.
krieg cant even get to the grand line. or maybe he found a way so it could be.
maybe arlong...

nice chapter!

"do you poop?"
Mar 7, 2008 10:11 PM

May 2007
Now that I read it again, if you take a close look at the last page of the chapter. It's one of the middle panels, where the iron mask guy crumples up the paper in his hand and then the panel right next to it, it looks as if the paper is melting. Or is that just my imagination?
Edit: Or never mind, it was a glass that he broke and liquid oozing out...

And, keep in mind everyone, the iron mask guy doesn't necessarily have to be referring to Luffy. All he said was "that man." So that could be anyone from Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Usopp, Franky or even Brook. Though because Brook just recently joined, I doubt it was him. I personally think this guy might be out to get Sanji or Franky.
Mar 8, 2008 2:17 AM

Mar 2008
Lol. MERMAN island, screwed up face, mask, doesnt like strawhat pirates.. HMMMMMMMM I wonder who it might be ;O cough arlong cough
Mar 8, 2008 7:17 AM

May 2007
I also thought about Arlong, but then - why would he kidnap Hachi which was one of his crew members?... plus, would Oda be that straight-forward? :P

Anyway this was a great chapter. The bit in the beginning where everyone was asking Caimie questions was hilarious. XDDD Though I think that starfish Pappagg have some cool abilities besides being funny, since he is apparently Caimie's "master" and everything. The whole "I thought I was human but then I realized I was a starfish" sounds kinda suspicious to me. XD

Mar 8, 2008 1:39 PM
Nov 2007
No it cant be Arlong.. Arlongs nose regrows and he wasn't that beaten up by Luffy to have a completely different appearance. Besides it would be way to boring to have a enemy like that to come back and be beaten again by Luffy now.

The most likely scenario for me is that someone(with allot of comedy) on the merman island wants revenge for Arlongs defeat. You see that start in almost all of the Arcs in One piece now(first funny then serious). So i guess we are going to see that here again. If i had to choose a returning character tough then it would be the guy who Ussop beats up in the Arlong park arc. But thats just a wild guess.
Mar 9, 2008 2:02 PM

Jun 2007
HinodePrime said:
Hello .. just want to ask .. you guys did notice that Camie was on a cover story arc a while while while back with Hachi right?

I think Wiki says it the best:

Wikipedia said:
in a title page arc that was never animated, Hatchan goes on many adventures, meeting a mermaid, that ends with him opening a floating takoyaki restaurant.

I'm curious as to see where it goes. Depending on how long this arc goes and if it continues and links onto another arc (Like Water 7 did to Enies Lobby) I would think another female nakama would be needed. I still wouldn't be sure on a role that anyone could play for the StrawHat's at the moment.

I like how Oda has been going back and reviving a lot of previously dead characters. It won't be long until we see a superly strong Buggy to fight against Luffy. (Because it will happen. XD)

Mar 9, 2008 4:39 PM

Oct 2007
vindemon64 said:
So who does everyone think is behind the iron mask?

Axe Hand?

Mar 9, 2008 5:49 PM

Mar 2008
Intersting view on it... I didnt think of that
Mar 10, 2008 4:06 PM

Nov 2007
If it was Axe Hand Morgan, why would mermen be following orders from him?
I did first think it might be arlong, but that would be weird. Guess we'll wait and see :P
Mar 10, 2008 6:12 PM

Oct 2007
Firana said:
If it was Axe Hand Morgan, why would mermen be following orders from him?

well .. no reason they wouldn't .. I mean .. mermen were under foxy ..

That guess is under the category of someone-who-hates-luffy-that-has-been-shown-before because there is that possibility that it could be someone that has not been shown before and there is also that possibility that that person was not referring to luffy ..

and here are other reasons:
- don't think it could be Krieg .. and don't think he would need to wear a mask .. as for Axe Hand, that helmet/mask could supplement his already metallic jaw .. and maybe since he is a fugitive, he would be in need of hiding is identity ..
- dont think it could be Arlong for the reasons others have stated above ...
- the rest dont just have the physical build that could match the depiction of dupal on the last panel ..

but these are just guesses .. sooooo .. ^_^*
Mar 11, 2008 6:18 AM

Dec 2007
Hang one there im gonna post my type for the masked guy now xD

Bellamy the Hyena

Probably nobody knows who that guy is ;) He was captain of Bellamy Pirates whom Luffy defeated with awesome one punch KO in Jaya arc.

Mar 11, 2008 11:55 AM
Nov 2007
Ehm i don't know but would Luffy have to fight again against a guy he defeated in one hit when he was much weaker then he is now?
Mar 11, 2008 4:36 PM

Oct 2007
Ledoke said:

Bellamy the Hyena

Never thought of that annoying guy .. But main reason was I think Doflamingo (spelling?) killed him .. but I'm still just guessing soooo :p ..
Mar 11, 2008 7:04 PM

May 2007
HinodePrime said:
Ledoke said:

Bellamy the Hyena

Never thought of that annoying guy .. But main reason was I think Doflamingo (spelling?) killed him .. but I'm still just guessing soooo :p ..

Yeah, Doflamingo definitely *took care* of him after his defeat to Luffy. Or so we are lead to believe.
Mar 11, 2008 7:15 PM

Aug 2007
Well it is OP so we never know. There was a spoiler page of the next chapter and it looked like it was Blueno. But I'm 99.9% sure it isn't him because it was a cover page.
Mar 11, 2008 8:07 PM

Jan 2008
I really think its either Arlong or friend of Arlong, or random guy Luffy grew up with.
Mar 12, 2008 12:21 PM

Feb 2008
arlong is in the prison says Hachi

Luffy: "What's that?"
Sanji: "Let's ask him"
Sanji: "Hey! Is Arlong doing fine?"
Hachi: "Nyu-!? Oh, mister Arlong? He and Chuu and Kuroobi are all still captured by the Marines.
I escaped alone, and fulfilled my dream to become a takoyaki shop owner"
Luffy: "Arlong..."
Hachi: "Oh CRAP!"
Mar 13, 2008 3:33 PM

Mar 2008
You are all wrong. Its orochimaru who paid OP a visit.
Mar 13, 2008 3:40 PM
Nov 2007
lol Orochimaru is the random anime spam character from this era. Guess we are going to see him everywhere now XD
Mar 14, 2008 1:51 PM

May 2007
LOL for Orochimaru theory.

Anyway... now we know that Duval is a HUGE guy with a funny accent who appriciates his underlings and wants to kill the person who gave him the wound on his back.
I seriously don't remember a guy like that. Any suggestions? XD

Mar 14, 2008 5:09 PM

May 2007
Haha, Orochimaru. That's pretty funny.

I'm going to say its the Ex-Marine Captain that Sanji beat up during the Baratie Arc. You remember - the pink haired one. Either that, or its going to be some person of somebody's past that we haven't been revealed to yet.
Mar 14, 2008 5:49 PM

Jun 2007
I really don't have any theories. I would like it to be another meeting of a old character, But, A entirely new one could be awesome as well. With the idea of being a old character - No doubt they'll be seriously be pimped up, By that I mean; Stronger and possibly a Devil's Fruit has been consumed.

I'd LOL if it was Alvida

Mar 14, 2008 5:54 PM

Mar 2008
Hahaha if it was Alvida I'd drop the series imediatly xD

Anyway, a BIG guy with funny accent... I think this is going to be someone new. So much for the orochimaru theory tough :( Or maybe he has possesed a big body? No I'll seriously stop now :p

If I were to pick out someone now It'd be Don Krieg, but that doesnt really match up either... The reason is that I think Don Krieg maybe learned a lesson and now treats his crewmembers with care.. But thats just my speculation going wild :p
Mar 14, 2008 6:42 PM

Nov 2007
vindemon64 said:

I'm going to say its the Ex-Marine Captain that Sanji beat up during the Baratie Arc. You remember - the pink haired one. Either that, or its going to be some person of somebody's past that we haven't been revealed to yet.

Fullbody is serving under Captain Hina with Jango, remember them in Arabasta.

Have no idea who this giant or huge Duval is lol
Mar 14, 2008 6:44 PM

May 2007
Firana said:
vindemon64 said:

Fullbody is serving under Captain Hina with Jango, remember them in Arabasta.

Have no idea who this giant or huge Duval is lol

Yeah, somebody already pointed that out to me earlier. My memory is not so great.
Mar 15, 2008 2:21 AM

Jul 2006
Pasting my message from other thread here~

Wound might been caused indirectly by one of mugiwaras.

Big bad pirate boss send some of his men to get sake. On their way back with only sake on that island, someone runs through, pushes them and they drop their barrels and boom. No more sake. They come back to apologize, but big bad pirate boss decides he didn't need useless crewmembers, kills them, throws in the ocean. But one barely survives. He doesn't hold grudge against the big bad pirate boss, but the man who destroyed his life on that ship.

And Brook still has his afro. It doesn't matter if he was missing limbs or half of his head, as long as he has his afro, even Laboon can remember and recognize him. Get me the tall man with afro..

Duval propably isn't even the main badguy of this chapter. He's just a weak kidnapper, who we needed to capture Hacchin, who will guide us to merman island.

Curse you Oda, I will catch this ball!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2008 9:57 PM

Aug 2007
I'm pretty stumped, but my guess is that He has something to do with Franky. It's probably just the fact that they wore masks alot in Water Seven is sticking in my head.

Tamago to chikai wa kudake-yasui.
Mar 16, 2008 1:51 PM
Nov 2007
Well it could also be someone who has a ancient grudge against Shanks. XD
Mar 16, 2008 11:08 PM

Oct 2007
I think it the chances of Dupal/Duval being a character not yet introduced before is high now ..

@Kionniko - what did you mean by referring to 'wound' in your previous post? .. is this the back wound? ..
Mar 18, 2008 10:45 AM

Jun 2007
Speaking of Shanks.. I really want to see some more of him soon. Ace as well.

Mar 18, 2008 11:05 AM
Nov 2007
Well if your talking about the anime then

...and if your talking about the manga then i dont think so but you can never tell where Oda-sensei gets his bunny's out.
Mar 18, 2008 5:50 PM

Mar 2008
so true
Mar 19, 2008 5:31 PM

Jan 2008
Could be Bear....I doubt it like hell but Oda like's werid twists.
Mar 25, 2008 11:19 AM

Mar 2008
I dont even remember bear xD Enlighten me please :>
Mar 28, 2008 10:42 AM

May 2007
LOL @ Duval's identity. Who would have thought that there would have been a real person with that same exact face as Sanji's wanted poster picture.
Mar 28, 2008 10:51 AM
Nov 2007
Well loved that one line of Sanji too."I did allot of things that could upset people in the past" Or something like that.
Mar 28, 2008 11:05 AM

Nov 2007
Buhahah, this chapter is just hilarious ^_^
I completely didn't see that coming xD
ONeoRa is always looking for interesting people to join our ranks.
Visit our forum to apply: http://www.oneora.net
Mar 28, 2008 12:11 PM

Sep 2007
XDDD Eiichiro Oda is GOD. If anyone had doubted it before, THIS proves it. We all just thought it was because that Marine forgot to take the lense cap off his camera... that it was adding to the joke of Sanji being ignored, despite being just as strong as Zoro... it figures Oda-sensei wouldn't leave it at that, but I sure as heck didn't expect Duval to look like THAT.
Mar 28, 2008 3:12 PM

Nov 2007
Funny as hell, surprised the hell out of me
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (48) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Your Favourite Strawhat Pirate ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Azuriel - Dec 3, 2007

269 by D_1_0 »»
Aug 28, 7:55 AM

» Arc with the best Outfits? :)

cannibalsushii - Jun 14, 2023

1 by softpillow »»
Jun 17, 2023 11:35 AM

» changing Monkey D. Luffy's picture

softpillow - Nov 15, 2022

3 by softpillow »»
Jun 17, 2023 11:30 AM

Poll: » Which one of the Strawhat Crew has the saddest story? ( 1 2 )

Zatoichi - Aug 21, 2008

99 by cannibalsushii »»
Jun 14, 2023 5:18 PM

» Princess Vivi

hal02god - Apr 9, 2010

12 by Vexez5102 »»
Aug 15, 2021 11:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.