Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 7, 2021 12:17 AM

Mar 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ok, I'll start with this
A N I M A T I O N ! ! !

This was a blast, The animation went BANANAS and there was no place that was forced or bad in any way! Just amazing!
To think of it, Deku's abilities looks like Spider-Man. You'll see the movie you'll get it.

ANYWAY
I went to the Cinema today to watch also the Greetings from the VA of the Main trio (Kaji Yuki, Okamoto Nobuhiko and Yamashita Daiki) and also Yoshizawa Ryo (Mikey from the live action of Tokyo Revengers), was a Guest VA in there, and was literally a PRO! Nothing different from any skilled VA!

The story caught me off guard, I didn't know that story will be that good and emotional 😭
No spoilers from me, just saying...

G O W A T C H T H E M O V I E ! ! !

9/10
Aug 7, 2021 7:36 AM

Aug 2020
Good for people who get to watch this on big screen. I am more excited since you said "animation".
Aug 7, 2021 8:54 AM
May 2021
I may be stupid but i'm unable to find anywhere when will this movie become available via bluray or streaming it online ? we don't get anime in teathers here ...
Aug 7, 2021 9:14 AM
Apr 2020
It will take time depends on Theatrical Run including International Release for which no date announced.
Aug 7, 2021 9:42 AM
Jul 2020
Usopp8000 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Ok, I'll start with this
A N I M A T I O N ! ! !

This was a blast, The animation went BANANAS and there was no place that was forced or bad in any way! Just amazing!
To think of it, Deku's abilities looks like Spider-Man. You'll see the movie you'll get it.

ANYWAY
I went to the Cinema today to watch also the Greetings from the VA of the Main trio (Kaji Yuki, Okamoto Nobuhiko and Yamashita Daiki) and also Yoshizawa Ryo (Mikey from the live action of Tokyo Revengers), was a Guest VA in there, and was literally a PRO! Nothing different from any skilled VA!

The story caught me off guard, I didn't know that story will be that good and emotional 😭

9/10

Which one is the best for you out of the 3 movies? For me heroes rising was the best out of the 2
Aug 7, 2021 11:46 AM
Jun 2020
Usopp8000 said:
Ok, I'll start with this
A N I M A T I O N ! ! !

ANYWAY

9/10
could you tell me where you watched the movie? i cant find it anywhere
Aug 7, 2021 12:09 PM
May 2021
bezeaa said:
Usopp8000 said:
Ok, I'll start with this
A N I M A T I O N ! ! !

ANYWAY

9/10
could you tell me where you watched the movie? i cant find it anywhere
As far as I could find it is only available in the cinema at the moment and considering the guy is from japan or at least his profile claims so, i assume he watched it in cinema.
Aug 7, 2021 1:35 PM
Dec 2019
Thanks for the review, makes me excited for when the movie comes to America. It's also cool that you seem like a pretty positive person, who appreciates a lot of different anime based on your profile.
Aug 7, 2021 3:17 PM

Dec 2016
If someone doesn't mind, I would like a spoiler here and there.

Personally I would like to know if they did something similar to what they did in the second movie, with Bakugo and Midoryia
Aug 7, 2021 4:14 PM

Dec 2016
Maesaaj said:
I may be stupid but i'm unable to find anywhere when will this movie become available via bluray or streaming it online ? we don't get anime in teathers here ...

Oh, but that's normal! Unfortunately I also don't have anime movies playing in my nearest cinema neither, so I get what you're feeling TT_TT We have to wait 6 months to be able to watch the full movie online :(

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Aug 7, 2021 4:45 PM

Mar 2014
eXtripa69 said:
If someone doesn't mind, I would like a spoiler here and there.

Personally I would like to know if they did something similar to what they did in the second movie, with Bakugo and Midoryia

ok but DON'T REGRET IT

Usopp8000Aug 7, 2021 4:52 PM
Aug 7, 2021 4:47 PM

Mar 2014
Also, I live in Fukuoka Japan, so I watched it on my nearest Theater.
Aug 9, 2021 1:19 AM

Sep 2020
Are the poll votes troll or legal?
Aug 9, 2021 1:53 AM

Mar 2014
nick_kun said:
Are the poll votes troll or legal?

Probably troll because of haters...
It'll be real when the movie will be out in overseas as well
Aug 9, 2021 5:39 AM

Apr 2020
I have a question, did Yutaka Nakamura animate something in this movie?

If you don’t know who he is, he’s a well known and extremely talented animator known for his really dynamic animation. He has done many cuts for My Hero Academia, you can check what he’s done in MHA on this website.

Now because his animation is really recognizable, I wanted to know if you saw any scenes where Yutaka Nakamura might’ve animated?
LeysohAug 9, 2021 5:44 AM

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Aug 9, 2021 5:56 AM

Mar 2014
Leysoh said:

If you don’t know who he is, he’s a well known and extremely talented animator known for his really dynamic animation. He has done many cuts for My Hero Academia, you can check what he’s done in MHA on this website.

Now because his animation is really recognizable, I wanted to know if you saw any scenes where Yutaka Nakamura might’ve animated?

I'm sorry bro, I have no clue...
Guess you have to find out it when the movie comes out on the Blu ray release
Aug 9, 2021 10:54 AM
Feb 2020
Leysoh said:

I haven’t seen the movie but he was listed on the staff list as a key animator, and he’s tweeted about the movie so it’s safe to say that he did.
Aug 10, 2021 3:01 PM
Jul 2018
@Leysoh
Yep, he is listed on the credits.
https://mobile.twitter.com/AGreenJumper/status/1423718483003588610

Click on the spreadsheet to check the staff listed so far.

Although the staff listing is still incomplete, the staff seems to be smaller compared to the previous movie. Also, seems like there isn't a huge list of big names involved so far. Although we still have Hayashi and Morishima as AD in addition to their work as KA along with some talented individuals like Hiroko Utsumi, Yuki Sato, Kai Yasuyuki and Shuu Sugita.
removed-userAug 10, 2021 3:07 PM
Aug 12, 2021 3:46 AM

Apr 2021
wait its out? Can you tell me where to watch
Aug 12, 2021 11:32 AM

Jul 2017
Just to clear things out of the room:
@Maesaaj @bezeaa @exbyte
The movie is out in Japan, so you'll have to wait months for pirates to get it ASAP, or you could just wait for fansubs on that. Usopp is a legit Japanese, so this person got it first.

@eXtripa69 ANN has you covered IN FULL, instead of Usopp just giving you tidbits:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/my-hero-academia-the-movie/world-heroes-mission/.176037

IMVHO: Out of the 3 movies, Two Heroes was really good, Heroes Rising was a tad worse than Two Heroes, and hearing that World Heroes Mission could be the worst of the lot (not to mention getting an episode in Season 5 spliced with it), I don't have high hopes. Gotta wait until the movie drops in a cat's space.
Aug 12, 2021 4:01 PM

Mar 2014
KANLen09 said:
Just to clear things out of the room:
@Maesaaj @bezeaa @exbyte
The movie is out in Japan, so you'll have to wait months for pirates to get it ASAP, or you could just wait for fansubs on that. Usopp is a legit Japanese, so this person got it first.

@eXtripa69 ANN has you covered IN FULL, instead of Usopp just giving you tidbits:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/my-hero-academia-the-movie/world-heroes-mission/.176037

IMVHO: Out of the 3 movies, Two Heroes was really good, Heroes Rising was a tad worse than Two Heroes, and hearing that World Heroes Mission could be the worst of the lot (not to mention getting an episode in Season 5 spliced with it), I don't have high hopes. Gotta wait until the movie drops in a cat's space.

I ain't no Japanese, I'm an International Student in Japan... But I understand Japanese in a level of N1... but still there is a lot of things I can't understand like In English or Japanese lol

anyway, The movie was really great, better then 2 Heros and Hero's Rising in my opinion. the movie has so much action straight from it's start, and the entire story was unpredictable, and gave a new flavour to this Series!

when it'll be out, I know everyone will watch it pirately, but I hope people will either go to The Cinemas or buy the BLU RAY.
Aug 13, 2021 7:29 AM

Jul 2017
@Usopp8000 I'll try my best...when the movie drops somehow in the near future.
Sep 5, 2021 12:13 AM
Nov 2010
Where does the movie take place chronologically? I haven't read since chap 277 and I don't watch the anime.
Sep 27, 2021 9:18 PM
Mar 2018
raff-rafflesia said:
Where does the movie take place chronologically? I haven't read since chap 277 and I don't watch the anime.

It should take place around the Endeavor agency arc tho I'm not sure
Oct 29, 2021 1:42 PM
Jan 2021
9/10 was so good! That fight scene at the end tho
Oct 29, 2021 6:44 PM
Sep 2014
Loved this movie. Personally liked the second one a little bit better, but this was easily a 9/10 for me
MiguuOct 29, 2021 6:48 PM
Oct 29, 2021 7:42 PM

Jun 2011
My love for Rody extends to the far reaches of the universe. I want a figure of him so bad!
Oct 29, 2021 9:05 PM

Dec 2014
Entertaining movie, lots of eye candy. Definitely worth watching just for that.

The story was pretty classic, it's easy to see exactly how it would turn it out. The classic "Go on ahead, I'll hold them off" for the final sequence. Then again I guess the story was never really the point of these movies but for what it's worth, there was good emotion behind it. I loved the final fight where Midoriya mentions how as a hero they knew what it was to not give up unlike the villain, pretty moving stuff.

Ton of gorgeous animation sequences, the final fight especially had some stunning but also kinda weird styled sequences.

Is it just me or was half of Bakugou's dialogue in this movie some form of "Don't order me around"? xD

Deku went crazy at the end, I kept hoping that Deku would start shouting "Gomu Gomu no Gatling Gun" and they would make some kind of reference to One Piece cause that was such a Luffy styled attack but oh well. xD

Overall, it's good fun if you watch it at the theater, much like the others.

8/10
Lelouch0202Oct 30, 2021 6:22 AM
Oct 29, 2021 11:57 PM

Aug 2021
This was honestly better than I expected. I came in rather blind to it and wasn't honestly expecting too much, but I was delightfully surprised with how everything went.

Rody was a nice addition to the cast, with an intriguing backstory that you could get behind. I also thought that the dynamic between him and Deku was entertaining, and they played off one another well. Pino was cute, too, and Flect Turn was an intriguing villain with an interesting quirk. I'm hoping to see them possibly in future installments, although it's probably not likely.

The final fight scene was amazing and what effectively made this movie. Very well animated and suspenseful.

All in all it exceeded my expectations and I enjoyed my time watching it.
Oct 30, 2021 2:47 PM

Sep 2010
Probably my least favorite of the My Hero Movies, but still better enjoyment than the 5th anime season atleast... 5/10

+ Rody is a likeable and enjoyable side character compared the previous movies.
+ Awesome guitar soundtrack and

+ Cool costume designs for the main trio.
- Only used the new costumes for less than 5mins and never saw them again...
- The villains are mediocre than any other rendition besides maybe Wolfram. Main baddie has a quirk of literal

- Forcing the trio to be split up and them to fight the mini-bosses while Deku gets the main focus again.

- Horrible and sickening cinematography doesn't complement the cool animation from Yutaka Nakamura. Bakugo's fights are usually 1-3 steps of movement than execution, but this film he's literally bouncing around for 2-3mins straight while the camera tries to follow him and its nauseating at best to keep track if he even inflicts damage.
- World Heroes Mission, but none of the other "World Heroes" get to have a spotlight. You literally have Endeavor and they didn't use him to any amount amazing, oh and you have freakin Godzilla to represent as well. I only remember the Egyption Hero and even then he was a walking meme, like wtf. Should rename the movie to "World Revolves around Deku" Mission
HalAnimeOct 30, 2021 2:55 PM
Oct 30, 2021 4:08 PM
Dec 2016
Movie was incredible to see on the big screen. Rody is my favorite of the movie sidekicks and I loved getting to know him and seeing his personality mesh with and bounce off deku’s. I also feel like this movie is the one where the villains motives and plan are most understandable and explained within the movie itself. I still think the second movie was better but this one is still really good and I’m thrilled I got to see it in theaters. I also got to get one of the bonus books which they’ve finally started handing out to the American audiences instead of just japan like the last 2 movies. I really enjoyed it
Oct 31, 2021 3:19 PM
Mar 2016
Wow, didn't know Megamind would be the super villain in this movie too! Amazing!
Oct 31, 2021 10:59 PM
Mar 2015
Pretty good movie, 7/10.

Animation is top-notch and definitely a step up from the animated series.
Loved the bits of blood splatter during fights especially Bakugo and Deku's fight at the end.
Rody is sweet kiddo.
The villain's quirk was bad-ass and overly OP.

Story 6/10, nothing mind-blowing.

Went with some friends, 2 of them didn't watch the animated series but they still really enjoyed the movie.

If you want to watch an epic fight for 30-40 minutes with great animations along with it. Go watch the movie.
Nov 1, 2021 7:49 PM
Jan 2016
To any of you that said this was good, I respect your opinion, but this movie was a huge let down save for the third act and even that was sub par. The fights were too fast honestly... I get Deku is very powerful but come on... The main villans quirk redirects/mirrors the damage taken and somehow Deku could just keep going and going without taking any huge damage like he did in the show or previous movies. Dekus fight with Muscular was more intense and damaging to him. This in my opinion was a 5/10 but I bump it to 6 because I love MHA. The story was subpar, I didnt care for the side "main" character(Cant even remember his name), his story was boring and honestly wasnt needed, he couldve easily been cut and the movie wouldve been 10 times better. Dont even get me started on the costumes they marketed very heavily on and were totally badass only to be cut after literally 5 minutes into the movie where they put back on their lame tv show costumes so the animators could lazily reuse the animations from previous titles. They literally reused animations in the final fight. This was a HUGE cash grab in my opinion and was just as boring as the last season.
Nov 2, 2021 4:32 PM

Nov 2020
Movie was pretty meh and generic. The movie was pretty much The hero’s teaming up with Sid the kid to defeat megamind. Was of my money even though It was half off movies today
If there's a hole there's a goal-Master Oogway
Nov 8, 2021 6:42 PM

Nov 2020
Well this was a pleasant surprise. While there are aspects of it that felt a bit lackluster (villain not getting any proper screen-time until the last third, the "Deku getting framed" subplot feeling under-cooked, etc.) it overall was very enjoyable. Pacing wise this went at a very good pace, never once feeling dragged out, while introducing a new character who I liked so much that I hope he's incorporated into the main series somehow. I know this is technically cannon filler so that's likely not to happen, but Rody won me over and his friendship with Deku was sweet. Another big plus was the overall animation/direction, which was top notch and exhilarating from beginning to end with a great sense of movement/impact.

Out of the three movies this may actually be my favorite, and as far as inconsequential cannon filler movies go, this is about as good as I could hope for. A breezy and entertaining ride that throws in some twists that make this world a bit more interesting and enjoyable. The stakes and tension also felt higher than normal knowing the direction this series is going in, and what white haired bad-boy is awaiting our heroes on the other side of this victory. A victory that could be their last for a while. And I really think that while Deku and co. fighting so hard in this movie to prove why quirks and heroes are amazing to the villain is admirable, they're about to find out next season why quirks can also be truly horrific and bring misery.
ScottMericaNov 8, 2021 6:47 PM
Are ya winning, diners?
Nov 9, 2021 8:13 PM

Dec 2020
the animation was really good. it did drag a bit in the beginning though. felt like bakugou deserved more screentime but it was still really nice.

love rody and dekus friendship, rody was way different than i expected but in a good way haha

the end of the big fight where deku did that like power up thing was cringe though 😭
Nov 12, 2021 7:27 AM
Nov 2018
They should have given season 5 this quality of animation. Also the way deku won was funny, he was injured and the villain had the ability to repel any attack but nah he came up with that bs power up and that dude hit his limit lmao
Nov 26, 2021 1:21 AM
Nov 2021
well, I think the movie is damn good. the movie story, animation, characters design, and fight scenes all are amazing. most importantly, the pieno character in the movie is kind of cute. I have watched it so many times and still can't keep myself from it. I know that the movie is still running in theaters and it will take a lot of time to reach streaming sites. but I happen to find a video where a guy is explaining the whole movie story with complete movies scenes. you guys can check out if you like spoilers but don't watch the video if you don't like spoilers.
Nov 26, 2021 4:46 AM
Sep 2021
I just watched this movie today, and I think the story was 6/10 or maybe 7/10 but the animation was 9/10. Cause it was so different from the trash animation we saw in the recent season of MHA
Nov 27, 2021 4:38 AM

Apr 2020
Just watched the movie, and it's really good!

First of all, I kinda like Rody, his quirk is kinda interesting, because his quirk, he can't lie, the scene when Deku wants to go back to Japan and Rody hugs Deku, but he acts strong even tho his quirk shows that he's crying, uhh such a wholesome scene.
Rody's character development is great, nice to see Rody getting better and starting to look for a legal job.

The fight scenes are quite good, especially the Deku vs Flect scene, Deku really gives me goosebumps especially after the one for all scene damn, he looks really cool tbh.

overall 8/10
Nov 27, 2021 10:07 AM

Mar 2015
I just watched it in the cinema like a good citizen, my teen shounen obsessed brother and sister enjoyed it beyond my expectations, and I felt my age showing as I got bored and started analyzing the faults and exaggerations in the movie, but then it is just a money grabbing film that is purely made for the thrill of watching great fights in the theater, this is purely my opinion, also I was bugged by the fact that deku kept hitting the villian with quirks when he could have just done martial arts or something, they should have provided an explanation for that.
Nov 27, 2021 10:09 AM

Jul 2017
Watched the movie yesterday at my local cinema with friends...AND BOY DO I HAVE A LOT TO SAY about this. The general consensus is:
If Two Heroes was fine, and after that came Heroes: Rising which was really good, World Heroes Mission was unfortunately too many steps back.

As a side character, I admit that I didn't really care much about Rody Soul and who he is, until the final moments that he was the key to saving the world from destruction from Flect Turn's nefarious Megamind-like plan. His Quirk is really interesting: his bird Pino who's able to reflect his actions, all truth and no lie. His backstory really didn't pique my interest, but he's one to put his family first before all else (and changed his mind once Deku entered his world).

For the main villain, Flect Turn is one hell of an OP villain, very much like and not like All For One. He's the expert boss level in comparison to all 3 MHA movies, and it took quite the hell for Izuku, Todoroki and Bakugo to silence their enemies with powerful Quirks. As I've expected, I did see some of renowned animator Yutaka Nakamura's animation cuts (esp with Todoroki), and Bones' animation really went Plus Ultra for this one (except the mountain cliff scene...which what the hell was that crass unpolished visuals and animation). Makes me wonder if this movie hadn't interfered with Season 5 at all and given the same treatment. Nice to see Izuku's United States of (World) Smash once again, that will forever be a MHA classic.

Story really went from bad to worse, I had to clock out not less than once once the main fight began. The investment value was kinda decent, but I just couldn't care much about it.

Movies aren't my usual forte to write reviews about it, and I can skip this one easy. One straight line, then the bell curve goes up, and it toppled this time downwards.

A decent movie that's not any better than Heroes: Rising but defo better than Two Heroes by a small shot. 6/10.
KANLen09Nov 27, 2021 10:12 AM
Nov 28, 2021 1:48 AM
Mar 2012
Great camera work & aerial fights, especially the Todoroki Deku combo parts.
Guess the tourism World theme & nice montage with country songs makes sense considering 2020, makes it the more leisurely paced film of the 3. Rody with Deku was the highlight, decent character development wo rushing, and Pino stuff that added to their relationship. Deku vs villain animation was epic, but turned into some DBZ smashing.
It's the samey hero plot, but villains should get proper backstories, rushed & minimal as usual here.
Probably like Heroes Rising more mainly for Deku & Bakugo epic comboing.
Dec 3, 2021 8:04 AM
Jul 2020
watched it in cinema few hours ago. pretty good. the storyline at the starting was okay i was thinking of giving it 6/7/10. then its getting good, the fight scene was really good. the animation was good. i cried watching some scenes. so 9/10 yeah i give it high because why not. worth my RM16.50(3.90 USD) lol
Dec 5, 2021 5:36 AM
Sep 2020
The movie released in theatres in India on Friday I watched it today and boy I had a blast with this movie though the fight scene were better in heroes rising...the Parkour scene of rody soul was good but the last fight between deku and blu braniac (he really seemed like braniac from dc universe 😂) was the best 🔥🔥🔥
Dec 5, 2021 11:53 PM

Jun 2020
Rody ಥ﹏ಥಥ﹏ಥ I’m so glad Yoshizawa Ryou got another role I loved him in Her Blue Sky. He was great!!

Enjoyed it♡ Typical BNHA film I dunno why people still expect otherwise

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Feb 15, 2022 5:07 PM

Jan 2009
so the villains of this movie wants quirks to go extinct because quirks can evolve and become out of control that can lead to world destruction later on

that reflector quirk of the main villain is cool even though it made his life suffer so much, and good thing his reflector quirk got a limit too

that United States of World Smash is great by Deku

the amount of sakuga is awesome like the last 40 minutes are all sakuga battles for example, but im sure people will complain about the wacky animation like Kanada School of Animation (like Trigger Studio is known for) on a lot of this sakuga though

"uncontrollable power is dangerous"

degFeb 16, 2022 10:11 PM
Feb 16, 2022 9:17 AM

Aug 2015
subs isnt out yet? :(
Feb 16, 2022 11:06 AM
Nov 2019
Damn what a really enjoyable movie and Rody was such a great character overall for the story the use of cliche tropes felt used way too much in this story especially Deku however the animation ost and the character interactions were really fun.

The directions for the fight sequence in this movie felt way too high compared to the first two movies like if you're watching it in 3D or 4D it will be even more insane.

This movie had potential however felt it didn't make use of it especially flect turn his reasoning felt stupid and nothing new plus the reason used for this whole thing was taken from series (the doomsday theory),if I had to put it flect turn felt like a kid who was depressed and just happened to stumble upon this book.

Todoroki never looked so cool using his powers however felt the fire was limited and not make it absurd for good animation since it may cause problems in manga on other hand his ice usage was way too cool like damn does he need fire anyway and how tf did that villain not have a whole burst through him from Todorokis attack.

Berus*( I may have butchered the name but I mean the green hair girl) was cool and the villains powers were cool as well.

The middle of the movie where it's like a travel journey was wholesome with great song and background to go with it.

Nakamura's deku vs flect turn was so unrealistic and so good at the same time like how does he even do that. Really action sequences like this and the recent one from priconne really put a huge smile on my face.

Wanted to give 8/10 however I feel later on I would come to 7/10 anyways.

Really enjoyable movie especially if you're a fan of mha and Rody felt more real and sympathetic for a character who only appeared for around 2 hours, would recommend watching this movie for him itself coz you will love him.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Rank the three MHA movies, from your favourite to least favourite

eclipsesonic - Nov 11, 2021

20 by APolygons2 »»
Mar 29, 10:31 PM

» Justice for Rody

Korukewi - Oct 31, 2021

11 by JVskunkape »»
May 20, 2023 5:15 PM

» so... about deku's one for all usage...

psyche-K - Apr 11, 2023

16 by J_Vaso »»
Apr 20, 2023 10:25 AM

» The longest 5 mins ever

mechian - Oct 31, 2021

10 by CickNipolla »»
Aug 27, 2022 2:14 AM

» THIS IS PEAK ANIMATION/SAKUGA

Plopop - Feb 17, 2022

17 by CickNipolla »»
Aug 27, 2022 2:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.