Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 28, 2021 8:26 AM
May 2021
Ok so I was really sad after the ending and i'm sure you were too. So I did some research and discovered that there was a visual novel. If you get max friendship with isla, there's an ending where you take her to the scientist and he puts her in a preservation pod thing. Basically she won't lose her memories if shes inside the pod but she will be in a "power off" mode. And she'll stay in the pod till they find some way to extend the lifespan of giftias. And at the end, they show her exiting the pod confirming the success of the project. It doesnt show tsukasa or any other character so its not confirmed how long the process actually took. But it at least gives hope for tsukasa and isla meeting again and spending time together.

Im typing this rn, because this alternative ending (canon but not to the anime) at least gives a shred of hope. And it made me significantly less sad. So I hope this helps others as well ,especially those that cant get over the ending.
Jun 28, 2021 8:32 AM
Jul 2018
How long does it take to develop such technology? I hope it isn't a very long period of time like 30-40 years.
Jun 28, 2021 9:05 AM
May 2021
PiyushSan said:
How long does it take to develop such technology? I hope it isn't a very long period of time like 30-40 years.

yeah that would suck. But at least, they would get to spend time together again even if its not romantically
(Cuz the age difference would make it too weird).

But I thought maybe 5 years is a reasonable estimate? Because the giftia itself doesnt need to be remade. Just maybe some programming and some new parts???
Jun 28, 2021 9:46 AM
Jul 2018
Deepak21 said:
PiyushSan said:

yeah that would suck. But at least, they would get to spend time together again even if its not romantically

But I thought maybe 5 years is a reasonable estimate? Because the giftia itself doesnt need to be remade. Just maybe some programming and some new parts???

Idk, maybe they can just transfer Isla's consciousness into a grown up body. Either way, I would've loved to see this alternative ending.
Jun 28, 2021 12:23 PM
May 2021
PiyushSan said:
Deepak21 said:

Idk, maybe they can just transfer Isla's consciousness into a grown up body. Either way, I would've loved to see this alternative ending.

Oh ye. They couldve done that. Maybe if we’re lucky we’ll get an OVA with this exact premise.
Jun 28, 2021 2:36 PM

Jan 2021
Deepak21 said:
PiyushSan said:

But Isla's age is not revealed in the anime
And giftias are aged by the amount of days they have left. So she just looks like a kid (a loli)
Jun 28, 2021 5:23 PM
May 2021
Deepak21 said:
Ok so I was really sad after the ending and i'm sure you were too. So I did some research and discovered that there was a visual novel. If you get max friendship with isla, there's an ending where you take her to the scientist and he puts her in a preservation pod thing. Basically she won't lose her memories if shes inside the pod but she will be in a "power off" mode. And she'll stay in the pod till they find some way to extend the lifespan of giftias. And at the end, they show her exiting the pod confirming the success of the project. It doesnt show tsukasa or any other character so its not confirmed how long the process actually took. But it at least gives hope for tsukasa and isla meeting again and spending time together.

Im typing this rn, because this alternative ending (canon but not to the anime) at least gives a shred of hope. And it made me significantly less sad. So I hope this helps others as well ,especially those that cant get over the ending.

What's a visual novel? Does it have the same name as the anime?
Jun 28, 2021 7:25 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
mminteaa_ said:
Deepak21 said:

You knew to this whole anime thing?😅.

Visual novels are a rather Japanese form of video game, mostly based around still images with text boxes and options to pick from (like an RPG without the strategy figthing, the exception being the odd fully animated one, like school days).

They most often revolve around a dating SIM premise, in the 2000's there was a particular boom of anime adaptions like Clanned, Kanon(really anything by studio Key), shuffle, fate stay night and the aforementioned school days. It's a pretty good genre if you like complete stories that usually don't drag on for dozens of seasons and already have a canon ending ready for the studio to make use of😎👍.
Jun 28, 2021 7:29 PM
May 2021
momentie said:
mminteaa_ said:

Visual novels are a rather Japanese form of video game, mostly based around still images with text boxes and options to pick from (like an RPG without the strategy figthing, the exception being the odd fully animated one, like school days).

They most often revolve around a dating SIM premise, in the 2000's there was a particular boom of anime adaptions like Clanned, Kanon(really anything by studio Key), shuffle, fate stay night and the aforementioned school days. It's a pretty good genre if you like complete stories that usually don't drag on for dozens of seasons and already have a canon ending ready for the studio to make use of😎👍.

Yeah, I'm new to this. Does Plastic Memories really have a visual novel? Thank you all the way through!
Jun 28, 2021 7:33 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
mminteaa_ said:
momentie said:

Yeah, I'm new to this. Does Plastic Memories really have a visual novel? Thank you all the way through!

No worries, welcome to the wacky world of japanesse cartoons😉👍.

As the original poster said there is indeed a visual novel for it, however I haven't played it myself. I can tell you that it came out after the original anime but considering its offically lisenced that does mean this secret happy ending holds a fair bit of merit, so while I like the original ending, it's nice that's there's an alternarive, after all who doesn't like a happy ending😎😂.
Jun 28, 2021 9:58 PM
May 2021
mminteaa_ said:
momentie said:

Yes it's only in japanese though. But there are some fan translations online. I just saw the happy ending cutscene on youtube rather than playing it.

Frajer_9 said:
Deepak21 said:

But Isla's age is not revealed in the anime
And giftias are aged by the amount of days they have left. So she just looks like a kid (a loli)

Oh ye. Forgot that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

536 by NimbleBard48 »»
Sep 14, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

207 by leodnz »»
Sep 9, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

177 by SolaireSystem98 »»
Sep 4, 3:24 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2015

159 by SolaireSystem98 »»
Sep 4, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2015

144 by SolaireSystem98 »»
Sep 4, 3:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.