Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
May 9, 2021 11:15 AM

Oct 2020
I completely agree with this. Only got three 10/10s at the moment and two 9.5s. I really hope I find more though ><

✧ FOUND YOU, MY DARLING ✧ FORUM SET BY:BUNNY

May 9, 2021 1:16 PM

Mar 2019
There's like 5 anime that I have given 10/10, its not something i can just hand out, you earn that 10/10
May 9, 2021 5:49 PM

Dec 2020
evoniee said:
mal score will always be a joke. most of this website user don't give a shit to actually "rating".

Thanks for your shit opinion!
You are a mal user
You are a joke
May 9, 2021 6:04 PM
Oct 2018
who cares man. some people rate based completely on enjoyment. surely you've got better things to do than post this.
May 9, 2021 6:17 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
I have rated 3% of the anime I've completed a 10/10; not sure if that qualifies as "handing out 10/10's too easily" or not in your opinion.
This thread reminds of the opposite one someone else made complaining about people that rate too low. I see both threads as being equally misguided because for me, and I think this can be said of most users here, I just give anime the score I think they deserve. That's it. And also I'd say there's no "correct" amount of anime allowed per score to base the idea of someone hnading out scores too easily. I mean, you could say it anyway, but they could just easily accuse you of being too harsh with handing out 10/10's.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
May 10, 2021 8:35 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
Ghemotoc said:
LostSpectre said:
Just want you to know I looked through his list again and it's way worse than I remembered, tons of classic anime being scored a 1, while Smartphone in Another World is a 10, I would sincerely hope he's a troll, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, if his scores are 100% genuine then his taste is absolute fucking dog shit, so unspeakably awful that I couldn't even hope to ever comprehend it. Luckily, his scores are clearly just trolling, only an idiot would actually take that shit seriously, he puts it right in his fucking sig for a reason, duh!

Oh no it's the butthurt kid who came back to insult people over ratings some more. Glad to see you missed me that much.

He obviously likes anything with titties and/or edgy or full of lolies. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out. Your classics can suck a dead rat's asses. He rated lots of things I love and consider as classic 1, do you see me throwing a tantrum like a 4 yo? Do you see me trashing you for having Elfen Lied 6/10? Man that show was a giant turd for edgy teens, you must be trolling (^%

Cry moar in bad S;G ratings, it's hilarious to watch. Also forgive me for the childish insults, I'm trying to get on your level. Seems more entertaining than simply reporting you for being an asshole. You're a typical mainstream sheep, and the reason why everybody here think the FMAB fanbase should be trown in a pit and buried alive lol.
I think they haven't developed their theory of mind as they seem to be unable to grasp that other people might view things differently. I like that you said 4 year old because: ''Between ages 4-5, children really start to think about others’ thoughts and feelings, and this is when true theory of mind emerges.'' unfortunaly they never made it to that point in the development stage I guess.
May 10, 2021 11:50 AM
Feb 2021
10 is only which touched me and i lived in that anime,or if it's nostalgia

yeah but my avg rating is 8-9 so,i give 10 to those i really love even if they dont deserve lol
May 10, 2021 11:47 PM

Dec 2020
Roevhaal said:
Ghemotoc said:

Oh no it's the butthurt kid who came back to insult people over ratings some more. Glad to see you missed me that much.

He obviously likes anything with titties and/or edgy or full of lolies. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out. Your classics can suck a dead rat's asses. He rated lots of things I love and consider as classic 1, do you see me throwing a tantrum like a 4 yo? Do you see me trashing you for having Elfen Lied 6/10? Man that show was a giant turd for edgy teens, you must be trolling (^%

Cry moar in bad S;G ratings, it's hilarious to watch. Also forgive me for the childish insults, I'm trying to get on your level. Seems more entertaining than simply reporting you for being an asshole. You're a typical mainstream sheep, and the reason why everybody here think the FMAB fanbase should be trown in a pit and buried alive lol.
I think they haven't developed their theory of mind as they seem to be unable to grasp that other people might view things differently. I like that you said 4 year old because: ''Between ages 4-5, children really start to think about others’ thoughts and feelings, and this is when true theory of mind emerges.'' unfortunaly they never made it to that point in the development stage I guess.

Why care so much, I can't even read the first fucking sentence, jesus.
May 11, 2021 12:01 AM

May 2021
It's mostly because it stood out and blew me away. If I enjoyed it a lot or if it left me speechless It's a 10 for me.

May 11, 2021 3:44 AM
Jul 2018
Chiibi said:
Because it pisses people off and that sparks joy for me :D

Lol. You go girl. That's a great reason. 👌🏻

May 11, 2021 4:23 PM
Jul 2018
LostSpectre said:
Ghemotoc said:

So on top of ignoring the reasons you've been given (maybe he just condensed his 4-1 into 1 and 5-6 into 2 to get more room to differenciate good anime), now you're implying that giving bad rating to popular shows (lets not delude ourselves into talking about critically acclaimed shows when we're actually just talking about top-rated shows on a site that aggregates the ratings of the audience, and not critics) and good ratings to unpopular ones is trolling.

I don't think he assumed you rated your shows with the intent to please the majority and conform to MAL trends or called you a sheep, so it'd be nice if you didn't assume he rates his shows with the intent of doing the opposite, or called him a troll.

Also "I don't watch bad shows" is a common delusion about series/anime watchers. Some people think they have divination skills that allow them to only watch good stuff, when in fact they just refuse to admit they spent 8 hours watching a turd. Or they just... enjoy everything, which is probably a good thing for them, but doesn't scream "critical mind" to others.
No. I'm done. If you don't think his scores are intentionally troll worthy, then I think you're a moron. End of story. Continue your idiocy at your own discretion.

That's the most elitist argument I read in the last month (from your side, that it is). Now I am done with the internet for today lol.

Keep simping to your "critically acclaimed shows", if you want to. I just thought this site is called MYAnimeList and MY list should reflect something about myself and my own taste, but whatever.
May 11, 2021 4:52 PM
Nov 2016
Because it pisses people off if they see it, and I like living in people's minds rent-free.

Also if you have never rated an anime a 10/10, you need to lower your expectations because you will never find that 10/10 anime and you probably won't enjoy most anime you watch because you're always looking for their flaws.
May 11, 2021 4:57 PM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
It looks like I give it easily, but the anime I watch are actually carefully selected... well... according to what I want at the moment!
May 11, 2021 5:03 PM

Mar 2017
Seeing as your concern is more about the volume of anime that gets a 10/10 from viewers, I can give two assumptions:

- There's a ton of anime right now, so it shouldn't be a surprise that there are as
many good ones as there are bad
- Maybe there are just people who really enjoy what they watch and don't compare
shows. (Cheers to them, it's hard to do that once you watch a certain amount)
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
May 11, 2021 5:40 PM
Jul 2018
LostSpectre said:
BetaMaleUltra said:
Does this mean that a lot of people have such low standards for an anime that anytime an anime gives them so much as just a smirk that it's so amazing that it gets a 10/10?? That kinda hurts ngl

For me I just want to utilize the 1-4/10 range that is not used as much. An anime that I overall enjoyed will either get a 4 or 5 at the least. I'm not like "yeah I guess that was pretty good. TEN OUT OF TEN!!!!"

An anime that you "enjoyed" should get a 6 at the least, in objective terms, so are you trying too hard to use the lower scale?

Personally, I changed my scores, because I wanted to differentiate more.
The 8+ are my personal favorites, but the 7s are special to me too.
I also really liked the anime I rated 5 or 6.
So I lowered the whole mean, because they stand out more like that.
That's all. I don't care what's the right thing to score anime on an "objective" scale.
May 19, 2021 12:55 AM

Sep 2020
Because i only watch good stuff,simple as
May 19, 2021 4:03 AM

Apr 2011
Not me. I only gave two 10s out of 595 completed anime and only decided to do that recently.
May 19, 2021 4:25 AM

Mar 2020
They really deserve and i appreciate it.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
May 19, 2021 4:33 AM

Nov 2014
People here really afraid to give out 10s b/c it might set a standard for them.

Newsflash, you'll never find the perfect anime to give that 10 to, so just lax up on your ratings. Or don't no one else cares anyway
May 19, 2021 4:37 AM

Dec 2020
My ratings are mostly opinionated and I give out tens to the anime that I loved watching. My mean score is pretty high cause I rate anime like how schools rate homework. So a 5 isn't an average, it's an F. 6 is a D, 7 is a C, 8 is B, and so on and so forth.

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» Which series should be watched by every anime enthusiast? ( 1 2 )

Rally- - Sep 23

74 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
7 minutes ago

» What Anime is boring to you ( 1 2 )

Kirika_Madeleine - Sep 24

57 by Serafos »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Vampires

Shizuna - 6 hours ago

19 by MasterTasuke »»
16 minutes ago

» Are open-ended ending just lazy writing?

Dragevard - 3 hours ago

8 by Tirinchas »»
44 minutes ago

» Which anime(s) would any of your favorite characters watch?

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

14 by IpreferEcchi »»
57 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.