Forum Settings
Forums

Why did they did not continue original timeline? What's up this alternate timeline crap?!?

New
Apr 19, 2021 5:33 AM
Aug 2020
Why? Why?
If they just let Shirley stay dead, they wouldn't have to do to this alternate timeline crap. They could have just made this in to a direct sequel!
Why the hell did they even let her live?? Was her death too much for the show?!
Apr 19, 2021 5:58 AM

Dec 2020
AnimeJunki3 said:
Why? Why?
If they just let Shirley stay dead, they wouldn't have to do to this alternate timeline crap. They could have just made this in to a direct sequel!

Because they could have ruined the perfect ending of the show

"I had a dream. Under the full moon, I was a child embraced by nostalgic warmth. But when I wake from the dream, only a vague sense of longing remains...that, too, will soon disappear with a single tear like mountain dew"

Apr 19, 2021 5:59 AM

Jul 2015
This is not an alternative timeline, but a retcon.
Shirley will have a role to play later on.

Apr 19, 2021 6:01 AM
Dec 2020
To be perfectly honest, I think this movie was kind of like a fan service adaptation, but regardless of that fact I personally enjoyed it still.
Apr 19, 2021 6:54 AM
Feb 2021
AnimeJunki3 said:
Why? Why?
I don’t think it’s anything but an alternate timeline for the ones who may who have wanted shirley to live and lelouch to not be completely dead, so just count it as fan service
Apr 19, 2021 6:56 AM

Jul 2017
Because the movie timeline is created to milk some money off fans?
Thats made so the original anime ending didnt get ruined. It would be a bad thing if they DID continue with a sequel
Apr 19, 2021 7:35 AM
Feb 2020
Cause most anime movies aren’t canon
Apr 19, 2021 7:51 AM

Jan 2021
What's with the people who hate this movie? I do not understand.

Maybe this movie was made for people who don't accept that Lelouch is dead. And I am one of them lol.
Apr 19, 2021 8:29 AM
Dec 2020
teeuzumaki said:
AnimeJunki3 said:
Why? Why?
I don’t think it’s anything but an alternate timeline for the ones who may who have wanted shirley to live and lelouch to not be completely dead, so just count it as fan service
yes my man
Its a fan service cause i think many were sad with shirley's death
Apr 19, 2021 10:23 AM
Mar 2021
Because sunrise made a sunrise ending which was sad but somewhat convuleted and code geass got popular with people who don't watch sunrise shows so dislike the ending. As such, instead of changing the canon ending they made a non canon one.
Apr 19, 2021 1:39 PM
Mar 2020
It's not alternative
It is known that the wielder of the code has immortality .... So when Lelouch killed his father, the code transferred from him to the latter, and as known the code activates when The wielder dies just as it happened before when Lelouch killed Charles at Akash Sword, Charles lost his ability to use Geass, but he became immortal.  The same applies to Lelouch when Suzaku killed him.  Therefore, Lelouch is still alive, but his consciousness was lost because he killed what's claimed to be GODS in Realm C during his confrontation against Charles.
Anyway, the show was only made for those who wanted to see him again.
Mezo_78Apr 26, 2021 10:31 AM
Apr 19, 2021 1:44 PM
Nov 2020
Because the original timeline had a perfect ending that this movie ruined. With it being alternate then we can still be happy that code geass had a good ending. Besides, why is it such a big deal? The alternative timeline didnt change much anyway. You could legit just watch the series, get told shirley is still alive, then watch the movie
Apr 19, 2021 5:34 PM
Mar 2021
ProphetPhoenix said:
Because the original timeline had a perfect ending that this movie ruined. With it being alternate then we can still be happy that code geass had a good ending. Besides, why is it such a big deal? The alternative timeline didnt change much anyway. You could legit just watch the series, get told shirley is still alive, then watch the movie

That's what I did and honestly there was nothing (Shirley aside) that shocked me as huge change
Apr 20, 2021 10:17 PM
Feb 2021
Cuz the original timeline has a great ending.And doing anything to change that would have ruined it.The alternate timeline was just so they could make more content
Apr 21, 2021 4:42 AM
Jul 2018
AnimeJunki3 said:
Why? Why?
Bringing back Lelouch in the original timeline would completely ruin the show's perfect ending.
Apr 26, 2021 3:22 AM

Oct 2015
Just be thankful that this absolute big pile of dog crap is in an alternate universe. At least they didn't ruin the main and only canon timeline...
Apr 26, 2021 3:25 AM

Oct 2015
Mezo_78 said:
It's not alternative
It is known that the wielder of the code has immortality .... So when Lelouch killed his father, the code transferred from him to the latter, and as known the code activates when The wielder dies just as it happened before when Lelouch killed Charles at Akash Sword, Charles lost his ability to use Geass, but he became immortal.  The same applies to Lelouch when Suzaku killed him.  Therefore, Lelouch is still alive, but his consciousness was lost because he killed what's claimed to be GODS in Realm C during his confrontation against Charles.  What I could not figure out is the possibility of continuing to use the Geass despite wielding the code.

Lol, the creators already confirmed that Lelouch is dead for good a decade ago. I'll believe them instead of some fanboys with childish theories...
Apr 26, 2021 10:38 AM
Mar 2020
WNightfall said:
Mezo_78 said:
It's not alternative
It is known that the wielder of the code has immortality .... So when Lelouch killed his father, the code transferred from him to the latter, and as known the code activates when The wielder dies just as it happened before when Lelouch killed Charles at Akash Sword, Charles lost his ability to use Geass, but he became immortal.  The same applies to Lelouch when Suzaku killed him.  Therefore, Lelouch is still alive, but his consciousness was lost because he killed what's claimed to be GODS in Realm C during his confrontation against Charles. 

Lol, the creators already confirmed that Lelouch is dead for good a decade ago. I'll believe them instead of some fanboys with childish theories...
WNightfall said:
Mezo_78 said:
It's not alternative
It is known that the wielder of the code has immortality .... So when Lelouch killed his father, the code transferred from him to the latter, and as known the code activates when The wielder dies just as it happened before when Lelouch killed Charles at Akash Sword, Charles lost his ability to use Geass, but he became immortal.  The same applies to Lelouch when Suzaku killed him.  Therefore, Lelouch is still alive, but his consciousness was lost because he killed what's claimed to be GODS in Realm C during his confrontation against Charles.  What I could not figure out is the possibility of continuing to use the Geass despite wielding the code.

You noticed the creators confirmation and didn't notice the film in the first place is "original production" very well then
Apr 26, 2021 12:29 PM

Oct 2015
Mezo_78 said:
WNightfall said:

WNightfall said:

You noticed the creators confirmation and didn't notice the film in the first place is "original production" very well then

Oh yeah, well then, someone who can't accept that this is "alternative" lmao
Apr 26, 2021 12:44 PM
Mar 2020
WNightfall said:
Mezo_78 said:

looks like someone doesn't know the difference between "original sequel" & "alternative".
Apr 26, 2021 7:41 PM

Oct 2015
Mezo_78 said:
WNightfall said:

looks like someone doesn't know the difference between "original sequel" & "alternative".

Then explain to me what's the difference then. The thread is about why they created an alternate timeline in the first place.
Apr 26, 2021 11:50 PM
Mar 2020
WNightfall said:
Mezo_78 said:

Then explain to me what's the difference then. The thread is about why they created an alternate timeline in the first place.

I said before they only made it for those who wanted to see Lelouch again, and the production is original. There are 3 movies (Koudou-Handou-Oudou) produced to summarize the whole anime in which Shirley wasn't killed..... Yeah, Shirley was alive during the events of the trilogy which is considered an alternative setting but the end still the same. A year later they came up with a sequel (original) CG:FnL which you consider crap and the majority so and I explained why he is alive again before as was MENTIONED in the FnL film.
IN SUM, the producers were free and said "let's bring him back to life again, we got our pleas, evidence, and facts making the resurrection of him reasonable without any defect, let's bring him back so fans may live happily rest of their lives"
Apr 27, 2021 12:04 AM

Oct 2015
Mezo_78 said:
WNightfall said:

I said before they only made it for those who wanted to see Lelouch again, and the production is original. There are 3 movies (Koudou-Handou-Oudou) produced to summarize the whole anime in which Shirley wasn't killed..... Yeah, Shirley was alive during the events of the trilogy which is considered an alternative setting but the end still the same. A year later they came up with a sequel (original) CG:FnL which you consider crap and the majority so and I explained why he is alive again before as was MENTIONED in the FnL film.
IN SUM, the producers were free and said "let's bring him back to life again, we got our pleas, evidence, and facts making the resurrection of him reasonable without any defect, let's bring him back so fans may live happily rest of their lives"

It still wouldn't prove that the Code theory is correct if we're talking about R1 and R2, it's just correct with Re;surrection timeline. Code Geass writer Ichiro Okouchi (credited as creator) already said that in 2008 that Lelouch's story went "full stop" but the stories of people around him still continues. Which implies that the theory is being debunked.
Apr 27, 2021 12:48 AM
Mar 2020
WNightfall said:
Mezo_78 said:

It still wouldn't prove that the Code theory is correct if we're talking about R1 and R2, it's just correct with Re;surrection timeline. Code Geass writer Ichiro Okouchi (credited as creator) already said that in 2008 that Lelouch's story went "full stop" but the stories of people around him still continues. Which implies that the theory is being debunked.

I do respect your opinion but the CODE theory is correct in the original timeline. For example, CC & VV both were CODE wielders so they became immortal and this goes for Charles too when VV gave him his code before dying during Lelouch attack on the temple (in R2 may be in ep 16) and this explains how he wasn't killed after Lelouch ordered him to suicide at Akash sword. So far the CODE theory is correct whether in R1,2 or FnL, the difference is how Lelouch got the code, in R2 Lelouch killed Charles, and wasn't revealed he got it or not and the story stops. but in FnL he got the code from his father as it was itched on his chest. Concerning the author's statement as I said before it's an original sequel, meaning the author has nothing to do with it.
Apr 27, 2021 1:00 AM

Oct 2015
Mezo_78 said:
WNightfall said:

I do respect your opinion but the CODE theory is correct in the original timeline. For example, CC & VV both were CODE wielders so they became immortal and this goes for Charles too when VV gave him his code before dying during Lelouch attack on the temple (in R2 may be in ep 16) and this explains how he wasn't killed after Lelouch ordered him to suicide at Akash sword. So far the CODE theory is correct whether in R1,2 or FnL, the difference is how Lelouch got the code, in R2 Lelouch killed Charles, and wasn't revealed he got it or not and the story stops. but in FnL he got the code from his father as it was itched on his chest. Concerning the author's statement as I said before it's an original sequel, meaning the author has nothing to do with it.

The creators Goro Taniguchi and Ichiro Okouchi are still the director and writer of Resurrection movie. They created an alternate timeline, instead of a direct sequel, so that the main timeline wouldn't be disrupted, which means their decision from 2008 doesn't have to be changed or whatsoever. I'd consider the words of a creator of a certain work as absolute. Their words are the law of the world they created. If they already debunked a fan theory a decade ago, I'll consider it a fact.
Apr 27, 2021 1:08 AM
Mar 2020
WNightfall said:
Mezo_78 said:

The creators Goro Taniguchi and Ichiro Okouchi are still the director and writer of Resurrection movie. They created an alternate timeline, instead of a direct sequel, so that the main timeline wouldn't be disrupted, which means their decision from 2008 doesn't have to be changed or whatsoever. I'd consider the words of a creator of a certain work as absolute. Their words are the law of the world they created. If they already debunked a fan theory a decade ago, I'll consider it a fact.

I said before original goddamn sequel for the goddamn alternative trilogy and you keep saying the author,theory....etc
You know something damn this show and damn that goddamn code that looks like a goddamn shit bird.
Apr 27, 2021 1:13 AM

Oct 2015
Mezo_78 said:
WNightfall said:

I said before original goddamn sequel for the goddamn alternative trilogy and you keep saying the author,theory....etc
You know something damn this show and damn that goddamn code that looks a like a goddamn shit bird.

BRUHHHHH you keep telling me that the code theory is correct wheter it's R1, R2 or FnL, of course I'll bring what the author said. Can't you understand that? Lmao. Oh btw, "Facts don't care about your feelings..."
Apr 27, 2021 1:16 AM
Mar 2020
WNightfall said:
Mezo_78 said:

You know something damn this show and damn that goddamn code that looks a like a goddamn shit bird.

BRUHHHHH you keep telling me that the code theory is correct wheter it's R1, R2 or FnL, of course I'll bring what the author said. Can't you understand that? Lmao. Oh btw, "Facts don't care about your feelings..."

And I don't care about your opinion nor you either
Apr 27, 2021 1:18 AM

Oct 2015
Mezo_78 said:
WNightfall said:

And I don't care about your opinion nor you either

LMAO THIS IS GOLD HAHAHAHAHA
Apr 30, 2021 5:01 PM
Nov 2017
AnimeJunki3 said:
Why? Why?

I would think it would be because Shirley's death makes no difference on the timeline as if she lived. If you think about it her death was pointless since he never killed rolo so and if she lived it would of made no difference on the final battle. So in all reality they could just make this the cannon timeline
May 9, 2021 11:43 AM
Aug 2020
BlacAce said:
AnimeJunki3 said:
Why? Why?

I would think it would be because Shirley's death makes no difference on the timeline as if she lived. If you think about it her death was pointless since he never killed rolo so and if she lived it would of made no difference on the final battle. So in all reality they could just make this the cannon timeline
BlacAce said:
AnimeJunki3 said:
Why? Why?

If her death had no impact, then what was even the point of retconning her death??
Honestly, I don't get it. She had no major role in this movie.Maybe in the future installments, but still they could just introduce a new character instead of Shirley for that role.
May 19, 2021 7:42 PM
Oct 2014
I recommend ignoring any "alternative" stuff and just take it as a direct sequel. It's been a long time, Shirley isn't really that important... there have been much worse continuity errors than this.

And Lelouch has never died in the original series, the last scene with the cart was a pretty obvious hint he's alive and I have always believed he's alive years ago when I've seen it for the first time.
Apr 14, 2023 11:46 PM
Sep 2022
WNightfall said:
Mezo_78 said:

They didn't debunk anything. While he said in a tweet that Lelouch's story has ended, that doesn't necessarily imply Lelouch's death. It's an open ending. There's even a cut scene that shows Lelouch as the cart-man at the last second. Someone uploaded it from the original aire it seems. It's said they cut that scene later to leave an open ending.
Apr 14, 2023 11:52 PM

Oct 2015
RichAthena said:
WNightfall said:

They didn't debunk anything. While he said in a tweet that Lelouch's story has ended, that doesn't necessarily imply Lelouch's death. It's an open ending. There's even a cut scene that shows Lelouch as the cart-man at the last second. Someone uploaded it from the original aire it seems. It's said they cut that scene to leave an open ending.

Shut the hell up. It's been years and you guys are still s*****........
Apr 15, 2023 12:38 AM
Sep 2022
WNightfall said:
RichAthena said:

They didn't debunk anything. While he said in a tweet that Lelouch's story has ended, that doesn't necessarily imply Lelouch's death. It's an open ending. There's even a cut scene that shows Lelouch as the cart-man at the last second. Someone uploaded it from the original aire it seems. It's said they cut that scene to leave an open ending.

Well you're the one who started the s*****
I merely presented what's there
Apr 15, 2023 1:44 AM

Oct 2015
RichAthena said:
WNightfall said:

Well you're the one who started the s*****
I merely presented what's there

It wasn't me who's stupid enough to believe an edited video from youtube.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Hyuse - Feb 24, 2019

223 by anikevin »»
Aug 25, 6:42 PM

» why it's not considered as sequel to 2nd season of original series???

NaughtySempai - May 21, 2021

13 by Apratim »»
May 11, 11:14 PM

Poll: » If you were Lelouch, what decision would you choose?

Sanjay63773 - Jan 19, 2023

10 by Leonhart93 »»
Jan 3, 6:26 AM

» Code Geass: Dakkan no Z

quercifolia - Sep 19, 2023

5 by quercifolia »»
Oct 1, 2023 7:45 AM

» I'm confused after watching this ??

WVM - Nov 27, 2022

6 by WVM »»
Dec 4, 2022 12:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.