Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 25, 2021 6:24 PM

Nov 2008
Zelkiiro said:
Chiibi said:

What? Konata is one of the most relatable characters ever created from a nerd's POV. There were plenty of times she made me laugh because I do some of the same things she does.

I'm a nerd, too. And from my point of view, Konata acted like a fucking alien most of the time and I could not relate for even a second.

An alien? How? Care to elaborate?....also no need to swear so much...yes, I get it, you are an angry, bitter person lol

Mar 25, 2021 6:25 PM

Sep 2014
Nurguburu said:
No, it isn't cool to hate lol. I mean, why?

Because when you just started watching anime and you see your senpai with 20 completed anime shitting on SAO without even watching it, then you want to be cool as well and you start hating on SAO for no reason. That's what happened.
Mar 25, 2021 7:40 PM

Oct 2017
Not really CGDCT shows got way more targeted when I first got into anime back in the late 2000's and early 2010's. You don't see hate mobs for stuff like Yuru Camp or A Place Further than the Universe compared to say K-On! or Lucky Star back in the day.

At this point it's pretty accepted in the culture and you have many shows like Girls Last Tour out there showing that moe isn't the only appeal to these kinds of shows.
Mar 25, 2021 7:42 PM

May 2016
BilboBaggins365 said:
You don't see hate mobs for stuff like Yuru Camp or A Place Further than the Universe compared to say K-On! or Lucky Star back in the day.

I only had a visceral hate reaction towards K-On! before watching because I was afraid it would be a steaming pile of shit like Lucky Star was.

Turns out that wasn't the case at all.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Mar 25, 2021 7:43 PM

Feb 2021
it's always cool to hate anything...
Mar 25, 2021 8:17 PM

Jun 2011
Kaasfondue said:
Ahegyao said:

But shounentards are just as if not more susceptible to ape like aggression when the thing they like gets criticized.
I'm saying moetards gave up and have accepted they and everything they like is trash.

So are you implying the other side is in full denial?
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Mar 25, 2021 8:17 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
I never knew Moe was hated tbh. I don't mind it

Mar 25, 2021 8:20 PM

May 2020
No, why would that make you cool anyway
Mar 25, 2021 8:28 PM

Sep 2015
Meh, compared to Battle Shounen, Isekai and Harems, Moe doesn't get that much hate imo.
Mar 26, 2021 10:43 AM

Jun 2016
Chiibi said:
TK8878 said:
1. Leaned way too hard into referential humor that both dated it and led it to flat-out steal jokes from other anime that actually tried to make them funny in context

I really loved the referential humor though...all the otaku stuff was what set it apart from the other CGDCT shows for me. I don't really feel like it "stole" jokes from other anime...unless you're talking about the Haruhi stuff which was intentional because of Aya Hirano's role.

Those and a lot of the others, it felt more like the anime was trying to sell me things instead of make me laugh (it didn't help that there were multiple legitimate advertisements mixed in too). Maybe I just don't like referential humor as much as other people. I can agree that it made Lucky Star stand out with how far it went with its references, though "standing out" isn't really what I look for in CGDCT.
Mar 26, 2021 11:25 AM

Nov 2008
TK8878 said:
Chiibi said:

I really loved the referential humor though...all the otaku stuff was what set it apart from the other CGDCT shows for me. I don't really feel like it "stole" jokes from other anime...unless you're talking about the Haruhi stuff which was intentional because of Aya Hirano's role.

Those and a lot of the others, it felt more like the anime was trying to sell me things instead of make me laugh (it didn't help that there were multiple legitimate advertisements mixed in too). Maybe I just don't like referential humor as much as other people. I can agree that it made Lucky Star stand out with how far it went with its references, though "standing out" isn't really what I look for in CGDCT.

True they did it a LOT more than other shows...to the extent that I am wondering if there wasn't some deal behind the scenes like "We'll give you the money to make this anime if you advertise these other anime"...or something like that.

But they were ALL from Kyoani...so that makes it somewhat odd. I am pretty sure all those refs are not in the Lucky Star manga...especially the Haruhi stuff.

Mar 26, 2021 4:12 PM

Feb 2015
I dont hate moe tbf, I think Madoka Magica illustrated a brilliance that humanity will forever crave for the originality that it offers transcend the mind of the population at that time period. It demonstrated a world, characters conceptualized to the point of being immaculate and deity-like personas that, to this day; at that time was nowhere near the level of humanity can grasps and to this day, Madoka Magica still remain an existence for humanity that remains as the sole original work of art that transcend the pinnacle of reasoning, subjectivity and objectivity that, all works thus far released after Madoka Magica attempts to recreate its inner most core concept of its imagery and symbolic art yet to no avail, that again reached the height that Madoka Magica, as piece of literature had accomplished; and all of them just has the glimpse that what Madoka Magica as a work or art has to offer yet could never comprehend, and illustrate the brilliance of Madoka Magica to its realm that, thus all work reacted and made after Madoka Magica will forever remain in its shadow and will not reach a realm of true art for only Madoka Magica has reached that far.

EDIT: OH MY FUCKING GOD MAL! YOUR SERVER IS ABSOLUTE FKING DOGSHITE! MAKE IT FUCKING BETTER FFS! I HAD LITERAL 5x ERROR 500 BS....
Mar 26, 2021 4:26 PM

May 2019
I mean, I don't really think it's cool to hate moe, but it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea.
Mar 26, 2021 4:34 PM

Dec 2016
Hating moe was never cool, Hating shounen anime tho always has been.
heh.
Mar 26, 2021 9:09 PM

Jan 2020
I just don't like anime girls trying hard to be cute and loved by acting airhead and too happy
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Mar 26, 2021 10:10 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
If you're asking if people still have the right to hate moe, then yes, of course they do.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Mar 26, 2021 10:45 PM

Aug 2016
it´s percieved as cool by pretentious anime fans, but it´s actually pretty cringy.
:v
Mar 26, 2021 11:21 PM

Aug 2018
Poor moe

Dont hate him he just serves beer to youse.
Mar 27, 2021 8:44 PM

Feb 2021
I love moe shit okay and I don't think there are many that don't, but some people are just straight up assholes.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Jun 9, 9:13 AM
Mar 2024
After 2022, when chainsaw man lost of a ton disc sales to moe shows, most guys despise it and how you can only criticize it on the dark web. Also how moe now outsells everything regardless of story.

Japan is seriously in trouble if now moe only sells.
Jun 9, 9:20 AM

Apr 2020
Who even implied that Moe wasn't good? Whoever stated that is definitely lying to themselves.
Nina supporter for life💕
Jun 9, 9:23 AM

Jun 2011
Reply to SpiderMiles3523
After 2022, when chainsaw man lost of a ton disc sales to moe shows, most guys despise it and how you can only criticize it on the dark web. Also how moe now outsells everything regardless of story.

@SpiderMiles3523
If by "Dark Web" you mean YouTube Comments, Reddit, and 4chan, then okay. /s

Bocchi bashing isn't exactly a hipster thing to do by the way.
Jun 9, 9:29 AM

Jul 2013
They hate moe anime because these moralists tend to equate moe anime with lolicon and pedophilia. Talk about virtue signaling! It is really that simple.
Jun 9, 9:30 AM

Feb 2020
"Is it still cool to hate moe?"

No. It's very lame.
Jun 9, 9:38 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to Serafos
"Is it still cool to hate moe?"

No. It's very lame.
@Serafos what makes you think that? Just curious.
Jun 9, 11:45 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to Ahegyao
@SpiderMiles3523
If by "Dark Web" you mean YouTube Comments, Reddit, and 4chan, then okay. /s

Bocchi bashing isn't exactly a hipster thing to do by the way.
@Ahegyao reddit isn't the dark web. It is a highly controlled speech platform. No one can bash moe on reddit without getting banned. Probably same for other sites. Classics like bleach got completely snubbed for 2022 awards for moe and people just allowed them
Jun 9, 11:47 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to DesuMaiden
They hate moe anime because these moralists tend to equate moe anime with lolicon and pedophilia. Talk about virtue signaling! It is really that simple.
@DesuMaiden pretty sure moe and archetypes is the most protected form of anime. Maybe in the love live days but anymore. Everything else can easily be equated to the negative things thrown about
Jun 9, 12:18 PM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
Moe haters aren't anime fans. They don't belong in the anime community.
Jun 9, 2:10 PM

Jun 2011
Reply to SpiderMiles3523
@Ahegyao reddit isn't the dark web. It is a highly controlled speech platform. No one can bash moe on reddit without getting banned. Probably same for other sites. Classics like bleach got completely snubbed for 2022 awards for moe and people just allowed them
@SpiderMiles3523
Reddit is a ghetto with many subghettos, each with their own echo chamber opinions. There's bound to be subreddits dedicated to hating moe. You're suffering from tunnel vision as is the case in your other not so well thought out posts.
Jun 9, 7:09 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Ahegyao
@SpiderMiles3523
Reddit is a ghetto with many subghettos, each with their own echo chamber opinions. There's bound to be subreddits dedicated to hating moe. You're suffering from tunnel vision as is the case in your other not so well thought out posts.
@Ahegyao there are hindu nationalist subreddits but they almost always get quarantined and banned. As subs protesting against mass migration
Jun 9, 7:10 PM

Apr 2015
New anime fans are too stupid to even know what moe is. They probably think it's the same as lolicon.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jun 10, 5:39 AM

Jun 2011
Reply to SpiderMiles3523
@Ahegyao there are hindu nationalist subreddits but they almost always get quarantined and banned. As subs protesting against mass migration
@SpiderMiles3523
You're equating moe to ultranationalists and mass migration. Are you trolling or is this just some poor attempt to eke out a win at an online argument?
Jun 10, 6:24 AM

Mar 2023
Reply to SpiderMiles3523

@SpiderMiles3523 Imagine having a Shounen Jump manga, the most popular manga magazine in the world, adapting it into an anime and complaining that it's not successful enough
The sales are the adaptations' own fault for not inspiring the millions of fans of the series to buy the discs. Even if there was nothing else to buy, fans didn't run out of money for buying one or the other, they didn't care to buy it (and just sticked to the manga)
Jun 10, 6:32 AM

May 2019
How could someone hates on something that brings the feeling of warmth, joy and happiness when looking at moe artsyle? They are fluffy, cute and they have the same vibe of hanging out with our best buddies. While I love moe, I also don't really enjoy most moe that have have very little substance or theme in it especially with some of the characters have a very high pitch voices which can be unbearable.

Jun 10, 7:01 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to Ahegyao
@SpiderMiles3523
You're equating moe to ultranationalists and mass migration. Are you trolling or is this just some poor attempt to eke out a win at an online argument?
@Ahegyao japan is an extremely troubled country. Not a utopia. India is set to beat Japan economically soon. I can't believe reddit defend the Fukushima waste dump just because it was japan.
SpiderMiles3523Jun 10, 7:31 AM
Jun 10, 7:10 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to watsym
@SpiderMiles3523 Imagine having a Shounen Jump manga, the most popular manga magazine in the world, adapting it into an anime and complaining that it's not successful enough
The sales are the adaptations' own fault for not inspiring the millions of fans of the series to buy the discs. Even if there was nothing else to buy, fans didn't run out of money for buying one or the other, they didn't care to buy it (and just sticked to the manga)
@watsym japan's yen is collapsing tho, and approval rating is at an all time low. Mappa picked the audience wrong. Japan ranks as one of the most u happiest countries.
Jun 10, 9:00 AM

Mar 2021
Ahegyao said:
Is it still cool to hate moe?

This is how I look at Moe. People tend to hate anything if it's over used and Moe is just another thing over used in Japanese Anime just like many other things. I remember people use to really hate Mecha Anime when it was at it's peak. Moe is just an over used thing in Anime just as much as isekai and fantasy Anime is these days as well as Anime with absurdly long titles, but that doesn't make it bad thing either. Moe tends to make an Anime light hearted with the kind of charismatic type characters Moe offers to Anime, which for the most part is one of the things that can actually make an Anime more enjoyable to consume most of the time for a person like me.

As an example, I think people would have a much better views on isekai and fantasy Anime if they were rare things in Japanese Anime the same thing would go with Moe. Just Like I am sure people would really hate Mecha if it was just as extremely popular as isekai and fantasy is these days if it ever came to the point we would be getting hypothetical title examples like... "The pilot seat in my Mecha's cockpit is extremely uncomfortable but positioned perfectly to make me an over powered Ace fighter even though my aiming is always extremely bad!".

Typically even if Moe isn't over used in Anime those who would hated it before were just usually just a bunch of edge-lord wannabes who would never consume any Anime with cutesy themes to begin with so they don't count. This sort of things reminds me when I look at people who only watch certain types of Anime like people who eat and drink almost the same disgusting unhealthy things each and every day without any type of moderation to their diets (Red Bull for breakfast with some cheap energy bar, McDonalds for lunch, Cheap beer and some other randomized unhealthy foods for dinner). Those type of people, I always notice over the past 4 decades are the ones with the most health problems from obesity to diabetes.

ColourWheelJun 10, 9:44 AM
Jun 10, 9:06 AM

Jun 2007
Imo the term's fallen so out of use that writing screeds against moe is more likely to bring a "what the heck" reaction than a "heck yeah!" one, at least from anyone under 25. Maybe some of the "old guard" moe-haters like ColonyDrop and Anime World Order keep the flame alive, but they're just preaching to the choir. I mean, when was the last time moe was actually referenced within an anime, like we often saw in the 2000s with Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, Happy Lesson Advance, My-Hime, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star, Psychic Squad, and K-On! ?

EDIT -- it did get a quick reference in Prisma Illya 3rei, from Summer 2016.
ZalisJun 11, 11:01 PM

Everything that connects to MAL

Contains Ecchi, but not Tagged Ecchi: Part 1 || Part 2 || Part 3

Jun 10, 9:29 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to Zalis
Imo the term's fallen so out of use that writing screeds against moe is more likely to bring a "what the heck" reaction than a "heck yeah!" one, at least from anyone under 25. Maybe some of the "old guard" moe-haters like ColonyDrop and Anime World Order keep the flame alive, but they're just preaching to the choir. I mean, when was the last time moe was actually referenced within an anime, like we often saw in the 2000s with Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, Happy Lesson Advance, My-Hime, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star, Psychic Squad, and K-On! ?

EDIT -- it did get a quick reference in Prisma Illya 3rei, from Summer 2016.
@Zalis moe/cgdct is hated because there is way too much bias for it from most platforms. Moe/cgdct completely monopolized the disc market where they can tens of thousands of discs but many other popular shows (some with good stories) cap at a few thousand. Moe is hated since a lot of the criticism on it is seen as immoral

Moe is also hated because it is part of the greater phenomenon of japan's declining birth rates, increasing hikikomori suicide. Bushiroad president made a crude joke that moe male bang dream fans cannot stand seeing another pen!$ next to a girl. Moe often excludes male characters and mcs
SpiderMiles3523Jun 10, 9:35 AM
Jun 10, 12:46 PM

Jun 2011
Reply to SpiderMiles3523
@Ahegyao japan is an extremely troubled country. Not a utopia. India is set to beat Japan economically soon. I can't believe reddit defend the Fukushima waste dump just because it was japan.
@SpiderMiles3523

Okay...how does any of this connect to moe, you utter schizo?
Jun 10, 4:19 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Ahegyao
@SpiderMiles3523

Okay...how does any of this connect to moe, you utter schizo?
@Ahegyao have you seen the videos of love live fans. Many riot at the site of a single male character in the show. How is that healthy? It largely fuels a misandrist narrative. It outfairly outsells other stuff by a huge margin. Kidaani from bushiroad joked to make everyone happy, no pen!$ present
Jun 10, 4:22 PM

Jun 2011
Reply to SpiderMiles3523
@Ahegyao have you seen the videos of love live fans. Many riot at the site of a single male character in the show. How is that healthy? It largely fuels a misandrist narrative. It outfairly outsells other stuff by a huge margin. Kidaani from bushiroad joked to make everyone happy, no pen!$ present
@SpiderMiles3523
Since we're on board this crazy train already, might as well tell you that Hindustansis are way way more violent than even the most hardcore Loveliver out there. Let me know when a Love Liver mass murders rival idol fans since they don't praise the Nico Nico Nii or whatever.
Jun 10, 4:28 PM

Jun 2024
How can you hate something that's cute?
Jun 10, 4:58 PM

May 2021
Not really. I think most people have accepted that not only does moe exist but that it can peacefully coexist alongside "manime" as they used to call it. I think we get a semi decent mixture of both both in terms of what catches on and what gets made, as well as plenty of shows that don't fit into either category. There's a lot of annoying trend chasing samey shows, always has been, but I find these days anime is pretty diverse in genre and tone. Which makes arguments like this pretty irrelevant since if you don't like a certain kind of show it's not like there's little else to watch, even if that kind of show is over saturated (i.e isekai)
Your puppet strings are just a tease.
Jun 10, 5:06 PM

May 2021
Reply to SpiderMiles3523

@SpiderMiles3523

This seems more like the result of streaming becoming much more popular despite the Japanese anime and film industry's insistence on clinging to the DVD method. I am remiss to sound like I'm defending Shield Hero, but that series sold pretty terribly in terms of DVDs, being outsold pretty handily by Zombieland Saga weeks after it's own DVDs were originally released. However, it maintains a large following on sites like Crunchyroll, so new seasons are still getting made. Chainsaw Man, to my understanding, is like this too. It did great on streaming and is gearing up for a theatrical adaptation of one of the manga's most beloved arcs.
Jun 10, 6:33 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Ahegyao
@SpiderMiles3523
Since we're on board this crazy train already, might as well tell you that Hindustansis are way way more violent than even the most hardcore Loveliver out there. Let me know when a Love Liver mass murders rival idol fans since they don't praise the Nico Nico Nii or whatever.
@Ahegyao there are a lot of hindustan and india is a far more lucrative market than gynocentric Japan. There are lot of Hindus entering Japan now since Japanese women don't want children. Plus many people muslims from the middle east. So I think this moe shift is going to work in the short term but backfire in the long run.
Jun 10, 6:34 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to princefaking
@SpiderMiles3523

This seems more like the result of streaming becoming much more popular despite the Japanese anime and film industry's insistence on clinging to the DVD method. I am remiss to sound like I'm defending Shield Hero, but that series sold pretty terribly in terms of DVDs, being outsold pretty handily by Zombieland Saga weeks after it's own DVDs were originally released. However, it maintains a large following on sites like Crunchyroll, so new seasons are still getting made. Chainsaw Man, to my understanding, is like this too. It did great on streaming and is gearing up for a theatrical adaptation of one of the manga's most beloved arcs.
@princefaking shield hero having crunchyroll fund it is a thing. But overall it is better to focus on key markets in China, India, Iran than listen on crazy moe fans buying blu rays.
Jun 10, 6:35 PM

Jun 2011
Reply to SpiderMiles3523
@Ahegyao there are a lot of hindustan and india is a far more lucrative market than gynocentric Japan. There are lot of Hindus entering Japan now since Japanese women don't want children. Plus many people muslims from the middle east. So I think this moe shift is going to work in the short term but backfire in the long run.
@SpiderMiles3523
What is this delusional rhetorical vomit and tell me what you're taking so sane humans will stay away from it?

9/11 for that Iran market spiel. Almost got me there.
Jun 10, 8:26 PM

May 2021
SpiderMiles3523 said:
@princefaking shield hero having crunchyroll fund it is a thing. But overall it is better to focus on key markets in China, India, Iran than listen on crazy moe fans buying blu rays.

Respectfully I think you are beyond having a conversation with
Jun 10, 9:38 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to princefaking
SpiderMiles3523 said:

Respectfully I think you are beyond having a conversation with
@princefaking

This User has come up with some batshit crazy conspiracy theories about why "Lycoris Recoil" sold over 30k Blu-ray copies in Japan in another thread. Never even considering the merit that maybe it's simply because "Lycoris Recoil" is just popular enough in Japan to sell that many in the 1st place.

So doesn't surprise me they would be going off on tirades about Moe Anime simply off a single vid they saw on the internet of some love live fans as confirmation about their already preconceived bias.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Why does MAL still use Romaji for Anime Titles When not even the japanese do??? ( 1 2 )

Cestlavie_ - 6 hours ago

71 by TheSunLife »»
1 minute ago

» Are open-ended ending just lazy writing?

Dragevard - Yesterday

18 by RudeRedis »»
4 minutes ago

» "Its better than those Trash Isekai Shows"

BerriesSan - Yesterday

15 by BigBoyAdvance »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Vampires

Shizuna - Yesterday

37 by BigBoyAdvance »»
12 minutes ago

» Modern Animes That Bring Back Childhood Memories

tahikiry - 12 hours ago

10 by BigBoyAdvance »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.