Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Mar 11, 2016 11:06 AM

Aug 2013
/////plot twist hahahahha.
Utaha-senpai and her commentary are seriously cracking me up.
That plus Megumi's retorts are giving it twice the spice.. this is damn hilarious.
I can't stop laughing at the scene of Tomo making such an intense speech in that position.
The songs were pretty good.. aiya-aiya isn't it obvious which route Tomo is going for.
Megumi is the purest goddess in my heart. <3 <3 <3

Each of them had pretty good development on their backgrounds and character.
But I hope to see more interaction between them in the present to further their relationship.
Megumi had more exposure to it but well.. she doesn't have the past with Tomo to begin with.
Looking forward to the next season.. this isn't nearly enough. :D
Mar 30, 2016 9:57 PM

Mar 2016
Last episode was awesome OWO Hope season 2 comes faster T_T
Apr 1, 2016 11:26 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Wasnt expecting to see a cover of my favorite anime at the end, that was sweet and something different, just like this anime. Nice to see it getting S2.
The LN was written by the guy who wrote White Album 2 VN, so I m all the more eager to read it one day!
Jun 8, 2016 9:11 PM

Apr 2009
This is a horrible series for me. 2/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2016 12:58 AM

Jun 2015
The series started so well but just seemed to fall off in the later half of it.
:)
Jul 22, 2016 6:06 AM

Jan 2016
Didn't expect a TTGL song. Michiru certainly made things more interesting.
Jul 23, 2016 10:24 AM

Feb 2015
am i the only one who suprised like shit when i heard they started to sing TTGL op song ? seriously, that scene was just legit to me. they nailed that one imo. one of the best scene from this series besides the fight between Eriri and Tomoya in episode 9.

Character-wise, well, i must say all of them are cliche but it doesn't mean a bad thing. it's cliche but at the same time they were making fun of those cliche which i found really hillarious lol. and even tho it's cliche, i still like how they executed the fight between Tomoya and Eriri. That is my personal favorite scene from this show tbh. i mean....i kinda felt different from any other show which has childhood tropes inside of it. this anime, it gave me a REAL childhood vibe when they started focusing more on Eriri in episode 7 if i'm not wrong. the tropes is cliche but the way they made the relationship and the problem between both sides are really unique imo. i like it a lot.

There are many cliche or tropes which many people have seen in anime, in this show but the way they made it was funny and unique imo especially having Kato with that personality in this show. makes it more interesting.

Overall, i enjoy this alot. tbh, one of my fav anime :D
there is a second season too for this anime (obvious) and i'm very looking foward to that. 9/10 from me xD

i wonder what will happen if they sang a song from Haruhi "God Knows". the song in the final episode of Haruhi Suzumiya xD
YizelTroJul 23, 2016 10:28 AM
Jul 24, 2016 10:03 AM

Jun 2014
What a fun ride to watch....
Gonna miss kato and Utaha senpai!!!
Aug 10, 2016 6:29 AM

Apr 2016
That "Icy Tail" moment was so damn hilarious, I almost fell off my chair...

I really love the show, so I am giving it a 9 out of 10.
Sep 18, 2016 1:15 AM

Nov 2014
NiqqaBoiiArdee said:
i guess where all gonna act like michiru is not his blood related cousin and if they had kids there child would be mentally challenged from inbreeding.

That's just fucking gross

Can we not brush it off like its normal please?

brb gonna go vomit

Im not saying her ass is not fat tho.
As much as I don't like it as well, its just one of those dark corners of Japanese anime.
Oct 10, 2016 10:53 PM

Sep 2011
Damn I thought this was 13 episodes!
Oct 20, 2016 3:06 PM

Apr 2013
And so it ends. This show started off pretty average tbh, but then got gradually better. The last 3 episodes were definitely the highlights for me, Michiru really carried this from a 6/10 to a 7/10 :3
Oct 21, 2016 6:26 AM

Apr 2014
Don't really get the ecchi tag in this show, but oh well, pretty enjoyable.
Nov 2, 2016 9:25 PM

May 2009
^ I was looking for romance and couldn't find it most of the time either (only 2 good episodes which moved into that direction).

That's why this show left me pretty much disappointed, but still an okay watch for the comedy and some fanservice elements (Utaha putting on that pantyhose in episode 6 looked delish).
MC-kun was a tad bit annoying though. He has at least 2 bombshells around him and still prefers 2D waifus. Wants me to smack him really fucking hard. >.<
Dec 12, 2016 8:44 PM

Sep 2014
TTGL cover! Hit my right in the nostalgia feels :)

Fun show overall.
Jan 3, 2017 2:33 AM

Oct 2015
really liked it more the second time around! looking forward to s2 6/10 --> 7/10 made me laugh a lot more than the first time I watched it
Jan 27, 2017 3:49 AM

Apr 2015
So Michiru Has A Band Named Icy Tail...Cute
And Michiru Has A Band Filled With Girls Who Love To Watch Anime And Vocaloid Songs,Im Impressed.
That Game Sure Was Good,Wish It Was Real....
Cant Wait For Season 2!
BiisooJan 27, 2017 3:54 AM
Feb 26, 2017 10:26 PM

May 2014
Well, I still don't know why episode 0 is a "prequel" when it clearly has characters familiar with each other who were only barely introduced to each other at the end of the season. That makes no god damn sense at all, it's most definitely placed after the season.

The pacing was off. Started out real slow and then ramped up at the end, or at least that's what it felt like. I guess the reason it felt like that was that characters seemed like they were really progressing for the first half, and then just sort of stayed where they were for the 2nd half.

It's a damn good thing they were successful enough to have a season 2, they definitely wrote it in complete anticipation of that.

Either way, there was a lot of fan service, which I won't complain. It didn't detract from anything, definitely a lot of nice eye candy. Comedy was pretty well done, characters were fun to be with. Solid 8/10 enjoyment for me.
Mar 24, 2017 1:52 AM

Oct 2008
I just finished this to that I could follow S2.
4/5.
8/10.

Apr 7, 2017 11:08 PM

Nov 2014
In the end I enjoyed this series a lot! Katou is definitely one of the strongest among waifus I have. She is so sweet. I didn't pick this one up for any particular reason but now I'm very glad that we're getting a 2nd season.
Apr 11, 2017 1:20 AM

Sep 2011
At the end, I enjoyed it at least despite some or half of the series are bore-fest to me. Will watch the 2nd season.

Jun 9, 2017 5:11 PM

Aug 2013
A great finale. They finished one route of the game and will have to make their debut at the winter comiket and finish other routes. The music wasn't bad either.

Michiru's friends ended up being otakus. Those lewd moments between Michiru and Tomoya... What a lucky guy.

This was fun to watch. And with that, season 2 here I come.

Jun 12, 2017 10:00 AM

Sep 2015
So I guess real quick, I give this series like a 6/10. It tried sometimes, but it wasn't as funny as it thought it was. Hell it wasn't even as cute as it thought it was. And ultimately it was dragged down by boring tropes it failed to rise above. I also thought both of the girls added later to the series were significantly more trash than the first three. And I'm honestly surprised given how thoroughly mediocre this series was, and lukewarm the reception, it got a second season. Oh well, the cover of "Sorairo Days" was pretty cool.

One thing I did like though, which this finale capitalized on. While the girls were boring tropes, I certainly don't inherently hate tropes. And the character that kept me watching, cause I found them kind of cute was Eriri. Because she was two of my favorite basic tropes, tsundere and childhood friend in one neurotic package. I never got that into her relationship with Tomoya though. Because as with all the girls he kind of didn't have much chemistry with them. He didn't even act particularly charming or worthy of their advances.

But I did like her friendship with Megumi. Because it kind of slowly built and was unexpected. Their all nighter and Megumi consolingly stroking Eriri's head last episode were both pretty great. And I loved their big scene together near the end in this one. I love when the girls in a harem actually have friendships with one another. And aren't just only in each other's presence while in the MCs orbit. I'm almost going to watch Season 2 just for them because that "first names" scene was so cute. More emotionally rewarding than most of the 11 and a half episodes that preceded it.
Jun 28, 2017 8:31 AM

Jan 2014
If you're interested in the series and looking up for the novel, here's the link for the novel https://www.wattpad.com/431765694-volume-1-saenai-heroine-no-sodatekata-saekano
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2017 5:43 AM
Oct 2015
Just because of Sorairo Days it made the episode 5/5 :)
Heckle was here...
Sep 9, 2017 12:23 PM

Sep 2014
I really liked this episode.
Eriri trying to escape was hilarious! Utaha was sexy, as always.
Looks like Michiru is surrounded by the otaku. lmao
Icy Tail's concert was very nice and the girls were cute. Michiru was lewd, as always. Poor Tomoya. lol

First route completed! Yay! Utaha and Eriri worked a lot and did their best.
That slap from Eriri at the end. omg

I enjoyed this show much more than I expected! Time to watch the OVA and the second season!
Dec 5, 2017 7:19 PM

Dec 2014
Probably the best episode of the series.

The story of Michiru's band was hilarious.
Michiru x Aki scenes were glorious. xD

SORAIRO DAYS! That was the real highlight of the episode. XD

7/10, way better than what I expected going in and it was pretty funny too.

Dec 17, 2017 6:29 PM

Sep 2016
So it's safe to assume that episode 0 took place inbetween episode 12 after the concert, because there is a timeskip to the 1 route complete scene and they show a picture of that trip from episode 0.

Either way amazing show 10/10 more Utaha legs and Michiru body pls XD. (Low key Katou sneaky sneaky)
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Jan 12, 2018 7:40 AM

May 2015
Pretty solid ecchi harem anime. Solid 6/10.

Katou> rest of girls

Also nice TTGL cover. <3
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 12, 2018 4:02 AM
Jan 2018
i love it so much, that anime get's me every time when i watch it
Mar 7, 2018 9:19 AM

Sep 2017
Finally, Tomoya pulls off that trick he had hidden last episode. But I was mainly happy because of Megumi being so genki. Also, Utaha taught a lot of stuff that I didn't expect to(If you know what I mean). Utaha and Megumi are so awesome.

But I am not hyped for season 2. Season one has been enough of a rage-rage roller coaster with Eriri and Michiru already. Only reason I like this anime is because it is quite realistic and also because this is little better than your typical everyday harem. Also, there was the stuff about the otaku that they did real well and I would appreciate them for that. But otherwise, there have been so many hateful moments throughout the anime that I can't help myself to watch the next season.

With that being said, I would still like to see season 2, but just not now.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Sep 6, 2018 10:38 PM
Apr 2017
This was a great way to end the first season of Saekano!
Nov 11, 2018 10:00 AM

Nov 2016
fun series, lots of good comedy banter here and there. 'dream like girls' and the right background that inspired the MC to make a game will make any guys heart race.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Nov 23, 2018 10:02 AM
Jun 2016
Probably my favorite episode. The concert part was pretty cool. Even though the series haa had quite a lot of anime references, I totally didn't expect them to sing Sorairo Days; that was a nice surprise.

My favorite part definitely Eriri walking and talking with Megumi. It showed how they've accomplished to become friends over time. I would like to see more of that on season two, more interaction between the girls without involving Tomoya. More development and get to know more of their lives and how they feel about other people different that the main character.

Over all, this was a nice way to end the first season.
Jan 19, 2019 4:26 AM

Sep 2010
It was nice to hear the TTGL cover. Overall, it was pretty enjoyable. Not amazing, but enjoyable.
Jun 2, 2019 10:17 AM

Dec 2012
Hey, I wouldn't mind getting harangued by Michiru in cowgirl ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

It was nice to see how Aki's little plan was able to make anime & otaku culture a bit more relatable to Michiru. The dating sim actually seems pretty neat. Only one route though, huh? I'm sure each girl is going to want to be a heroine in it.

Initially, I wasn't sure about SaeKano. The frantic pace of the dialogue was a bit hard to follow and the idea of working on a dating sim didn't sound like the most exhilarating premise. After a few episodes, however, I was definitely all in. The character interactions were typical for harem yet very refreshing. The fast paced dialogue grew on me and I enjoyed that degree of self-awareness it had. Most of all, I really do appreciate that sense of passion and excitement for a project that these characters really cared about.

7/10
Jun 27, 2019 10:15 AM

Jun 2017
And with that, I have finished re-watching this very good anime! It was really good, and my decision is that Katou is best girl.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Nov 16, 2019 2:08 PM
Jul 2019
Michiru's appearance in this episode is great. I don't love Utaha and Eriri, they feel jealously of Michiru because she is Tomoya's cousin and childhood friend since long time, Tomoya is smart boy because he didn't consults them when he decided to become Michiru's manager because he knows they will not accept, they don't want Michiru to join the circle to get not close to Tomoya and didn't want Tomoya to became her manager for the same reason. Utaha and Eriri didn't join the circle for making game only, they want to get close to Tomoya too, they think Michiru joined the circle to get close to Tomoya but she is not that type of girls, Even she loves Tomoya ,It's none of their business, Michiru's feeling toward Tomoya appeared when she was with at lake, It appeared after Tomoya's feeling appearance toward Michiru. Michiru released Utaha and Eriri want to get close to Tomoya after meeting her and talking to her. She told Tomoya and then Megumi released Utaha and Eriri want to get close to Tomoya. Michiru had a problem about her band's problems and instead of thinking about her problem, they think about their selves and Don't care about Michiru's Problem,Tomoya didn't turn back to Michiru during her pinch,he helped her and made her dream came true and that makes him great man. Michiru believes in Tomoya, nobody helped her during her pinch but Tomoya. Megumi is not jealous girl like Utaha and Eriri and If Tomoya loves Michiru, that will annoys her.
Dec 8, 2019 8:46 AM

Feb 2019
Nice ending.

Eriri constantly trying to escape was funny, also the fact that she runs away to a maid cafe.

So that's the reason why Tomoya took on the manager job and entered them into an event. I did read that it was "Anilights", not sure if Michiru read it. But that revelation that Michiru's bandmates were all otakus though. Life often gets you that way, without you realising it.

I guess Eriri and Megumi are now friends? It's a friendship I approve of. They look really nice as friends, despite their very different personalities. And since Eriri was really shy about it, I guess this is Eriri's first real friend as we've seen so far that her friends at school are shallow relationships at best.

One route is done! I expected this series to end with the Winter Comiket. Time to pick up season two then.

With each and every episode Megumi just became more and more of the perfect girlfriend, for me personally at least. She was surprisingly attentive to the fact that Michiru's music was anime-inspired music. None of this would've been possible without her.

Enjoyed the series, it was really fun to watch!
Jun 15, 2020 6:04 PM
Jul 2019
I feel like adding a comment here cuz I’m confused so I’m watching this on amazon says the 1st seasons 13 eps long and then season 2 is 12 eps long not only is this saying season ones 12 eps long there’s no second season in related anime on mal, am I missing something when typing in the title or is mal incorrect with run time?
Aug 3, 2020 1:13 PM
Aug 2020
The ending was kind of meh. The added characters in so late they didn't even have time to develop into anything. The music was okay. Honestly, I feel like they just made Michiru just a thirst trap. There was no meaning to her and I feel like she was honestly unneeded for the most part. At least the series was short
Aug 11, 2020 11:37 PM

Sep 2014
The TTGL OP being in this anime was really a surprise and I'm super glad they did it!!!
Sep 4, 2020 1:44 AM

Jun 2020
The Series started off pretty strong but ended on a weak note, I'll be watching the next season and the movie though!
The girls are hot though.
Sep 15, 2020 7:23 AM
Aug 2020
I really like the song and utaha's... (If you know what I mean. Fetish)
Sep 30, 2020 12:47 PM

Aug 2017
A lot of Michiru fan-service in this episode.

Katou and Eriri have gotten close to each other.

They're finally completed one route to their game and are working on more now.

Overall it was an okay season finale.

Oct 1, 2020 2:08 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Back at it after like 3-4 years and still loved it! It's so wholesome watching this show for some reason. Otaku for the win!

And a really nice finale episode too, this. All the girls got their shining moments and it was a treat to watch 'em.

TTGL Op though, great choice!

Off to re-watching Season 2 and then the Fine (Fii-ney) movie now!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 4, 2020 4:37 AM

Feb 2010
still rewatching here some episodes when i miss the series.

Michuru is great too! Its hard for her against Kato / Utaha-senpai / Eriri but in the end of season 1 she was the best girl after Kato...
Nov 22, 2020 6:22 PM

Dec 2019
Title: 空色デイズ

Album: 冴えない彼女の育てかた 第7巻 特典CD

Release date: 2015-09-01

Artists: Sayuri Yahagi (矢作纱友里)

Played on Gurren Lagann and this anime
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=pt-BR&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fja.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2F空色デイズ
Jan 15, 2021 2:17 PM

Jul 2017
Pretty solid finale overall, especially for that Gurren Lagann OP cover song of 'Sorairo Days' by Michiru's group. Nice performance to listen to. Good to see the first route of the game completed too.

Overall, this first season of Saekano was weaker than I remembered it to be when I first saw the show. I felt like the show had some good episodes, some mediocre ones and some plain bad ones like the Eriri drama with Tomoya being absolute dogshit to watch.

Utaha was my favorite character when I first saw it and while her personality and teasing of Tomoya is good without making her look like an ass while still having an attractiveness to her (unlike Michiru's personality for episode 10 and 11), Megumi definitely was my favorite from this 2nd watch this time around as she brought something really refreshing, pleasant and earnest to the show that the others really lacked. She was the most silent and docile of the lot but she had the most charm to her as well, and actually felt like she had a genuine relationship with Tomoya and solid growth too as she found something she could pursue and look forward to everyday as she tries to help Tomoya not only with being the heroine for his game, but helping him actually make the game in the process too after what she's experienced on her own through him, while making good friends in the process as well. Subtle but adorable and genuine, a deadly weapon right there when I've grown past that horny phase of being a teen a few years back.

Her episodes when she just plays games and tries to understand otaku culture with Tomoya, or meet up at a restaurant to help him out or go out on a date with him, all of those segments were class and the best the show's produced (other than Utaha's episode where the episode focused on her relationship in the past and present with Tomoya).

The show had some pretty rough dialogue at times, the Utaha v Eriri rivalry jokes were so stale, pacing at times felt sluggish, and the presentation of the show generally felt poorly and lazily directed since some of the scenes which would have benefitted with a
SHAFT-like presentation during those cafe conversations to make it more visually engaging, instead turned out to just be incredibly repetitive and stagnant with fanservice shots every few seconds to distract the viewer and some 'artistic' frames at times where it looks like there's just a cheap filter used on top of the original frame for no reason. The visual direction choices felt like cheap, throw away gimmicks rather than tools to actually enhance scenes.

Overall, the season was average. Megumi and Tomoya's interactions, Utaha's personality and the showcase of the lives and development to make a visual novel while worried about deadlines made the show were great. But Eriri and Michiru at times annoyed me, and there were a ton of little issues I pointed above that made the adaptation feel a bit too cheap and flavorless at times where a lot more refinement is needed. There is enough potential in it for season 2 to be an improvement though over the first season so I haven't written it off yet but for now, season 1 gets a 5/10 from me.
Feb 3, 2021 3:52 AM

Oct 2009
Ending is fun
They make it sounds like they finished the game, but they finished one route only hahah

Wondering who's the next heroine
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2015

123 by Prometheuse »»
Sep 14, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2015

157 by little_raven »»
Jul 16, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2015

226 by LoserLO737 »»
Jul 14, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

112 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 30, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2015

108 by spicarie »»
Nov 6, 2023 4:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.