Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 21, 2017 9:43 PM

Sep 2015
Great first episode! The anime I love has returned and things haven't dropped off at all. So excited to see what this season will offer, already had a few laughs. Katou best girl let's go!!!!
Apr 23, 2017 3:43 AM

Apr 2016
Not a big fan of Saekano but I gotta admit this episode was impressive.Finally girls in an harem anime has a connection , an extra layer to their relationship other than both being in love with the same bland generic chick magnet protagonist.I really liked how girls have acknowledged each others works and deeply respect it despite their 'hostile' rivalry.KATO IS STILL BEST GIRL THO.
Apr 27, 2017 5:48 AM

Dec 2012
I am pretty sure nobody of you got the reference but there was a huge Haganai reference at the start Before the opening .. When katou makes Tomoya read the Line from the Novel .. (The novel was most likely Haganai with the protagonists usual line "Did you just say something right now? I could not hear it..") Which he uses when any heroine hints affection to him and he acts like he didn't hear it ..

Quote if you got the reference ..

Apr 29, 2017 5:48 AM

Nov 2013
that slap on the wall DAMN =O

that's a cute start with them both admitting they wanted a sign from each other
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
May 5, 2017 4:22 PM

Feb 2013
Nice flashback on how 2 of them met...

I eagerly await Katou using her stealth-mode. (though that only really happened at the start of season1)
Jun 1, 2017 6:59 PM

Oct 2012
Some character development and an enjoyable episode. Looking forward to the season. I would have preferred if the ED didn't crib scenes from episode 0.
Jun 12, 2017 4:44 PM

Aug 2013
Nice to see the past between Eriri and Utaha. The ending was so sweet. Love their chemistry.

But Katou steals the show.

Jun 29, 2017 1:52 PM

Sep 2015
Decided to give it a whirl. I do still want to like this series. Even though its first season was a sporadically funny, thought it was smarter than it was mess. Interesting choice to go with Utaha and Eriri's first meeting. And kind of hellish since their bickering is the most cliche and tiresome part of the series to me. I liked that it showed how they've always respected each other's work. That was always one of the small things that kept me going in this trope driven train wreck.

And honestly while I think Eriri is the cutest. Utaha continues to almost be a smart well written character transplanted from another series. I loved her comment "If they're moved they lose." Like kind of clever and revealing about her character's motivations. I also liked her and Eriri insulting each other's character types. Scenes like that where they tease the tropes of the series are genuinely funny. Sometimes it shoots too high with its meta jokes though. And just seems a little smug and insincere. Also how dare Utaha call blonde foreigners third string options?

I'm going to stick with this. Because it doesn't seem to have succumbed to all the traps that make a mediocre harem unwatchable in their second season. And some people seem to believe the series has gotten better and takes its characters more seriously. After this first episode though. Not holding my breath.
Jul 26, 2017 7:09 AM

May 2012
Pretty decent I must say, not really a followup from the 00 episode but in general I'm looking forward to see what this second season has to offer though. Let's see what's next.
RafaelDeJonghJul 26, 2017 7:36 AM
Aug 15, 2017 5:49 PM
May 2012
ah, it's been a while. i remember that i really enjoyed the first season.
let's see how this one goes.
Sep 12, 2017 2:29 PM

Sep 2014
This episode had lots of backstory about Utaha and Eriri meeting for the first times. Nice!
I liked how it was made obvious that both like (or at least respect) each other despite their rivalry. The last scene when they looked at each other with a grin and exchanged autographs was very cute. (Thanks for buying the extra cardboards, Megumi!)
Oct 6, 2017 2:13 PM

Jan 2016
what a load of crap, and the deceiving score of undeserved 7.5+ that this show hasn't earned.
Oct 7, 2017 5:09 PM

May 2011
Utaha/Eriri dynamic together is my favourite part of the series, so this was a nice treat to start with. Looking forward to at least twice the amount of plot development for the game, and for the characters irl this time around.

The ending was so cute; they are both lowkey fans, and close friends regardless of all their denial :). Megumi definitely has the upper hand as the girl for Tomoya though. I'm fine with that.
Dec 10, 2017 3:09 PM

Dec 2014
I really love Eriri and Utaha's dynamic, during the rooftop scene I couldn't help but feel how this show could've been so much more if it wasn't a harem where all the girls are fighting over the MC.

Eriri and Utaha's conversation on the rooftop made me feel like both of their characters while they act according to different stereotypes are still similar as content creators if not people and I feel that might be something that is worth exploring and could really turn this into a very interesting show by delving into what drives Utaha and Eriri. I feel like focusing on Eriri and Utaha's dynamic and unique friendship of slandering and respect could really make this show even better than what it is. Unfortunately, this is a harem and I doubt such things are ever gonna be explored.

While I still like this show way more than a lot of harems I've watched, I feel it's being brought down by the very fact it is a harem.
Jan 13, 2018 6:52 AM

May 2015
Goood, old flashback.

Katou is still best girl.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 15, 2018 2:14 AM

Aug 2017
Seta19 said:
Utaha best fucking girl, PERIOD.
I agree she really is.
Apr 24, 2019 1:31 PM

Apr 2013
That was a nice watch and I don't even know why. Watching the girls from this show just standing there and talking is already kinda entertaining. Reminded me a bit of Monogatari in this episode.
May 16, 2019 8:46 AM

Mar 2017
shanimebib said:
Also lol'ed at the part where Megumi fixed the shoulder strap of Eriri's bra which was visible. :D

What? When what whut
Jun 26, 2019 1:14 PM

May 2017
Loved eriri paint, was cute and in a strange way dark, she had the kind of look doujinshi girl would have if raped on the roof of school , i guess eriri is M type while utaha is S type lol

kowalski_1123 said:
And we start off with Katou roasting Tomoya Aki (as well as the other harem protagonists). Couldn't have been more savage than that.

Megumi doing megumi things , she make you feel like a crap with a cute face , then you like her even more -_-"
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jul 9, 2019 6:49 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
They used the first episode to introduce how both meet eachother and I have to say it was quite cute to see how they both have so much respect for eachother but still keep being insincere like that~~
Dec 20, 2019 7:31 PM

Jul 2013
Been a while since I've seen this. I'm glad to be back.
Feb 4, 2020 8:06 AM

Feb 2019
A great start to the second season. It's unique that the season started off with an episode showing us how Eriri and Utaha met. Nice to see how their rivalry started, and how they deep down actually respect and admire each other. But basically their rivalry is because of their affection for Tomoya lol

Those last scenes (before and after the credits) were pretty heartwarming too, seeing them after a year finally sucking in their pride and admitting that they want the other's autograph (indirectly of course). And then those beautiful signed cards shown at the end. Megumi's still best girl though! So little screentime yet so precious and cute.

It seems to me that this season is going to have much better quality (I keep thinking "higher production values"). I don't know, it just felt like the overall quality of the episode was better than the first season. It may be just me, I'll see how it is as I watch. Really looking forward to watching the rest!

Also, I didn't realise the scene where Megumi fixes Eriri's shirt with her exposed bra strap and all until somebody pointed it out here. I love that little detail though. But I wonder what it's for? But it was cute.
Sep 29, 2020 2:31 PM

Aug 2011
I wasn't sure if go on with second season but this Eiri-Utaha dynamic all over the episode was a big yes for me.

Also, Eiri's surprise at timestamp 12:03 ----> UKYAAAA~~

» Escapism.

Oct 1, 2020 9:35 AM

Aug 2017
Utaha and Eriri's first meeting was amusing. That Kabedon was next level XDXD!!!

And their exchange on terrace was hilarious. Eriri has fantasies like Darkness from KonoSuba whereas Darkness and Utaha's VA is same lol.

The ending scene is really good with everyone getting an autograph .

A really good episode!!

Jan 15, 2021 5:44 PM

Jul 2017
Fine start to this season. Eriri and Utaha's backstory of how they met each other and how they were conflicted about being linked with Tomoya as well as knowing each other's secrets per say wasn't too interesting or gripping but it did the job in fleshing out those two's relationship and rivalry with each other just a little bit with some decent pacing. The autographs were dope, especially to each other as well as Tomoya and Megumi getting them too, kind of a cool way to celebrate their collaboration together at school.
Jun 24, 2021 2:08 PM

Dec 2020
Forum avatar: Lu, from Isekai Nonbiri Nouka
Jul 10, 2021 12:22 AM

Jun 2020
As continuation they still are arguing like every day making amends to the game they're developing, That sweet OP has the certain vibe like last season's but I think the first one hits me real hard

A visit to Eriri and Utaha's past when they've just met each other is rather bizarre and nothing much except the thing is they had playful banters from the start, lol the way they made that letter scene is good

Those two can't keep their heads cool when they talk with each other but at the end, they have a little autograph memorialization which was nice, No Michiru here hope she has more screen time.
Jul 18, 2021 4:01 PM

Jul 2015
Seeing how Utaha and Eriri met, I can say for sure that jealous Eriri definitely is the cause for their constant bickering as she dishonestly badmouthed Tomoya and accused Utaha of manipulating him even though Utaha just wanted to be nice (Altough her response definitely added some more fuel to that fire).

Jul 24, 2021 12:24 PM

Aug 2018
This is my favorite episode so far (yes with season 1 combined), cute backstory and I always love when they're fighting, that means they like each other.
Sep 11, 2021 3:05 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
it's got some slight monogatari-vibes going for it wouldn't you say

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 28, 2021 9:03 AM

Nov 2010
The girls in this anime is so pleasing to look at.
May 15, 2022 2:17 AM

Nov 2019
The conflict between Eriri and Utaha elevates Katos position as best girl. Kato has no jealousy, unless she secretly masquerades it.
Jan 23, 2023 3:46 PM

Aug 2020
So this is how the feud between Eriri and Utaha started. Despite all the bickering, the episode ended sweet, with everyone wanting their autographs.
Feb 2, 2023 12:47 PM

May 2020
Five minutes into the episode and Megumi's super savage response to Tomoya had me rolling. How can someone not like her? Given if there are any... she's the one constant who never disappointed since the start.

I appreciate the backstory but definitely don't how Eriri was the same bickering chick back then too. Though the autograph segment in the end was some nice way to show the progress group has made since their inception.
Aug 12, 2023 4:36 AM

Feb 2018
What a nice flashback we had about Eriri's and Utaha's encounter lol.

The end of the episode was pretty wholesome too.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Nov 6, 2023 9:07 PM

Aug 2023
for one year both are finally able to exchange the signatures

こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです! こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです!
Jan 3, 8:23 PM

Oct 2022
They could have been good friends if not for Mr. Ethical's existence. They're now basically tsundere fans of each other. Haha!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Am I the only one who still feels betrayed?

Vacation - May 22, 2018

16 by ZeroMajor12 »»
Jul 21, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2017

207 by MiyukiKennedy »»
May 21, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

179 by MiyukiKennedy »»
May 21, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

75 by MiyukiKennedy »»
May 21, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

278 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 1, 6:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.