Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 22, 2018 3:43 PM

May 2016
Did Takumi really meant that...? Well I don't think he lied the moment he said it but who knows he may change his decision.
Apr 23, 2018 9:52 PM

Oct 2012
Whatever yall, fuck Takumi, he's been nothing but douchey to Nani the whole show up to now. She seems so miserable around him, like she's afraid to even talk to him. And yes he's hot money but yall really think Takumi is gonna be showing up to baseball games and shit? What an unhappy family they would be.
Dec 1, 2018 10:45 AM

Oct 2017
I'm a normal guy, and I cry watching an anime. Something's wrong with me.
Mar 18, 2019 6:39 PM
Jul 2014
JUST GET AN ABORTION GODDAMMIT

I take back what I said in a previous discussion about Hachi not being selfish because SHE'S THE DEFINITION OF SELFISH!!! She isn't thinking about the baby's wellbeing, Nobu's feelings, Takumi's situation AT ALL!!!!!!!!! I don't understand why she wants this baby when it wasn't even conceived out of love but just a fling with no real feelings attached. Takumi only wants the baby so he can still have control of Hachi and call her his. Maybe this is what Hachi deserves. Nobu is obviously too good for her.

I WANT NOBU TO BE HAPPY FIRST AND FOREMOST ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

I also find it interesting that Nana went to Yasu to vent. She really cherishs him. He's so important to her. I wonder if there will be any progress in their relationship. Maybe a love triangle will form???
May 18, 2019 3:38 AM

Oct 2012
I feel so conflicted
Nana herself can't even decide what's best for her
I really despise people that treat abortion like normal thing
But this.. it's either married with Takumi or abortion then ended up with Nobu
The worst of it we all know Nana, she changes her mind so easily
I'm still not sure whether Takumi is a good guy or not
"Signature removed"
Jun 5, 2019 6:00 PM
Apr 2016
Osaki Nana seems to be so conflicted over her own feelings, seeing her struggle so much is sad. Well, objectively Nana's choice is the correct one, with Nobu she couldn't support the child, Takumi will be able to support his child. I'm surprised that Takumi decided to offer marriage himself, well, not that surprised since he already said some impressive things the last episode.
Sep 25, 2019 12:21 PM

Jun 2015
I didn't expect Takumi to propose. Will he be able to do it? Will he be able to cherish her for life? or is it just to save face?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Sep 27, 2019 7:28 AM

Jan 2018
She should’ve just had an abortion (if they really can’t afford to raise a child) and be with Nobu instead.
Oct 23, 2019 7:45 AM

Jun 2019
I think Nana made the right choice, she doesn't want to owe to steal Nobu's whole life and dream. You know that's boring, who wants to live with someone's created life? that's bullshit

lettuce<3
Jan 30, 2020 6:57 AM

Jan 2013
I just feel so sorry for Nobu...

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Mar 23, 2020 1:51 AM

Mar 2013
Sylvia_Beau019 said:

I thought the same thing it seem like a simple decision. Then I thought about my mother, she could have easily had an abortion but she didn't despite being in a similar situation. Myabe it really isn't that easy of a choice to make.

I'm kinda not mad at Nana's decision anymore.
ebankzMar 23, 2020 1:55 AM
May 17, 2020 1:04 AM
May 2020
Chelle said:
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... can I just smack some sense into Hachiko? I mean... I understand her not wanting to hold Nobu back... but... grrrrrrrrrrr

I'm glad Tamuki is willing to marry her... but still....... grrrrrrrrr....

She belongs with Nobu **sobs**

I agree 😭😭😭 just.....why????!? I’ve wanted to smack tamuki for a while cause he’s such a player!!!!!! Grrrrrrrr!
Hachi!!!!!!! Get a grip!
Love her but she frustrates me!
She finally found a really good guy & yet now this happens!!!!
I want her & nobu together so much!!!!!!
May 29, 2020 4:07 AM

Jul 2015
Good thing she went to someone to talk about her situation, but I feel like Nobu is person who needed to know this the most.

Yo Hachi wtf, I thought you would stop making the dumb decisions.... you shouldn't marry the dude who you don't love, what about Nobu?!? I have to say even though Takumi is half responsible for the mess, at least he mans up and tries to take care of it (or so it seems for now)

Pretty wise lesson to be learned here, don't be a slut and use protection wisely especially when you are not ready for it

Jul 17, 2020 1:35 PM

May 2015
Don't understand why anyone would hate Takumi when fucking Hachi is letting him get away with everything. Takumi is stepping up and Hachi is accepting everything, she dropped Nobu fucking fast, considering she 'loved him so much'. Fuck sake. She's pissing me off so much. Fickle as fuck and bland, can't do anything herself.
GodLikesMudkipsJul 17, 2020 4:30 PM
Jul 23, 2020 12:32 PM

Nov 2018
The person Nana wants to be more than with Ren is obviously other Nana.

Takumi is not that bad as you think he is.He wasn't lying, he is just not that good at expressing his true feelings and always seems like a polite bastard.

If Nana Komatsu dies after giving birth I will seriously stop liking this anime so much...
I hate everyone equally
Jul 23, 2020 12:37 PM

Nov 2018
Komatsu is too traditional and obsessed with marrying and having her own family that she will obviously keep the child.Come on people, were we watching the same anime?

Nobu may be a more sincere and nice guy overall, but Takumi's intentions are much more serious and he is just way more mature.Not using a condom doesn't seem like something the Takumi we knew would do, looks like he actually had feelings for her and not treated her like one of one-night stand girls.
I hate everyone equally
Jul 23, 2020 12:40 PM

Nov 2018
I just hope ''Nana'' won't turn into another soap opera for housewives and won't end with Nana Komatsu dying while giving birth.Please...I can't stand endings like this after reading A Farewell to Arms
I hate everyone equally
Oct 13, 2020 11:33 AM

Apr 2019
..................................................................................................

Jan 2, 2021 5:28 AM
Nov 2020
I cannot describe in words how painfully frustrating it is to see Hachiko make such foolish and careless decisions. She was quite literally living life as if its a game and now she decides to parent a child of a no good player she allowed to manipulate her and simultaneously throw away Nobu whom was nothing but everything she needed. She is single-handedly ruining such a great show with such amazing characters. I hate her.
Jan 2, 2021 5:40 AM
Nov 2020
I said this from the first time we saw Nobu in an episode, HE IS THE ONLY LIKEABLE GUY IN THIS SHOW (that is a MAIN character besides sheen(so far)) HE DESERVES BETTER THAN HACHI. I CALLED IT THE MOMENT HE DEVELOPED FEELINGS FOR HER. He does not deserve this.. i hope he gets straight W’s by the end of the show or manga
Feb 6, 2021 8:06 AM
Oct 2020
If Hachi really wants this kid so bad... maybe they'll be fine, the two of them. Just hope she won't lose her resolve once it's too late to change tracks.

I still don't think HachixTakumi is a happy ship (fecking hate the guy lol) but if Nana sees it for what it is and still agrees to it, fine. Also I think Takumi might actually really want the kid though I have no idea why. Earlier when he thought Nana was pregnant he seemed quite firmly against the idea. He also must have knocked up women in the past, since we know for a fact he slept around a lot. So why is he interested in Nana's child - and so suddenly no less?

And also Nana should've talked to Nobu. I get and like that she's trying to protect his future, but this is the kind of decision he should make for himself.
Mar 10, 2021 5:19 PM

Apr 2017
Hachiko treats everyone like her play thing. Never owns up to her mistake and everyone let’s her off cause she acts dumb smh
Mar 28, 2021 12:58 PM

Mar 2021
Oh my... this episode. I really hate Takumi as I have said before but he isn't so bad currently since he is at least taking responsibility. I don't want Hachi to end up with Takumi; but if she wants to keep the baby then she should. This is such a dilemma, I can't wait to find out how things really go.
I feel so bad for Nobu. :(
Apr 28, 2021 9:43 AM
Mar 2021
do you like yashu is kind of falling in love with nana ?
TAMAKI THOUGHT SHE KILLED HERSELF omg
i love nana so much i know i say this after every episode but god i wish i could just give them both a big hug
juno is so smart, she completely right
SHE'S ACTUALLY GONNA GO THROUGH WITH IT ??? WOAH i wasnt expecting that
MARRIGE ???? WHY ARE WE MOVING SO FASTTASQOEFINCUIVOWSV
Jun 2, 2021 4:11 AM
Mar 2013
Hachi is just a spoiled airhead bimbo, never put any serious thought on her action. She's just lucky enough to have people around her for guidance and even then managed to find herself in a tangled mess.
The most reasonable solution for all the mess is abortion. Obviously, Hachi is too immature to even take care of her own life, let alone take care of another innocent life. It's not fair for the child. Furthermore, there is no guarantee that she will be happy with herself or with the child even if she married Takumi.
Seriously Hachi, just abort the baby, sort out your relationship between Takumi & Nobu properly. Take this as a life lesson and grow up.

Okay, I'm done ranting.
Jun 9, 2021 7:17 PM

Apr 2021
This is so frustrating 😭 Hachiko why are you making such terrible decisions 😩
Jun 9, 2021 7:20 PM

Apr 2021
mylovelyfate said:
--third time rewatching this series--

I still agree with everything I previously said. But man, I was reading the comments on the site that I watch this show on and they were hella annoying. I can't stand it when people call Hachi a whore. She's NOT a whore. Getting pregnant doesn't make someone a whore. Sometimes it just happens. Remember that episode when Shin was telling Nobu that he idolizes women too much? He says something like, "I don't think that the girls that go with me are easy. They're just lonely." We all make mistakes, and sometimes we have to pay for the consequences. Sometimes those consequences are hefty ones. Notice how Shin has admittedly been sleeping with loads of women (for money, at that) and NO ONE calls him a whore. The only thing that Hachi should be condemned for is not using protection. That's where her mistake lies. Like I said in my previous post, it's not just her happiness that she has to realize anymore. The only reason we're pissed that she's choosing Takumi over Nobu is because we honestly don't care for the baby and we want everything to stay as is. Well fuck guys, life happens. And while Hachi does annoy me a bit during this arc, this anime imitates life so well. Sometimes the decisions that you have to make in life aren't easy ones. Lol anyway, I digress. The only reason I'm posting again is because the implication that Hachi's a whore because she got pregnant is an ignorant one. The implication that any women who's slept with a man without a formal commitment is an ignorant one. Stop this.

^^^^^ Ok finally someone with some SENSE! I really appreciate this analysis.

Also no y'all, Takumi is mad manipulative. Like he is being supportive but his possessive nature and also the fact that HE did not use condoms... when he was sleeping with HAchi in a highly toxic relationship with messed up power dynamics.... and then got her pregnant.... told her boyfriend and roommate without her consent... is manipulation. He is a manipulator and Junko only got one thing right, which is that. I wish someone would slap some sense into Hachi though, she doesn't have to have this baby. If it's what she really wants that would be fine but tbh I don't think it really is what she wants.... deep down I think she's making this decision because of societal pressure (even though we weren't shown that, there is definitely a lot of stigma around abortion), mixed with her fear of abandonment (a child who is tethered to her by birth), and her fragile emotional state and self hatred (she definitely is having "i deserve this" "I earned this" "this is all my fault" thoughts etc. etc.). All of which are also reasons why I don't think she is ready to be a mother. But it's her choice to make.... as painful as it is to watch her make it. I can't stand this show right now but I can't stop watching either because I am desperately clinging to the hope that it will get better soon. Surely the next 14 episodes can't be all depressing.... Though the closer we get the more grim it looks.... especially taking into account the series drops off mid story......

ebankz said:
Sylvia_Beau019 said:

I thought the same thing it seem like a simple decision. Then I thought about my mother, she could have easily had an abortion but she didn't despite being in a similar situation. Myabe it really isn't that easy of a choice to make.

I'm kinda not mad at Nana's decision anymore.

^^^^ I still believe the reasons it's a difficult decision are because of society, but that doesn't negate the fact that it /is/ a difficult decision and only Hachi can make it....
animeboyfriendJun 9, 2021 7:38 PM
Dec 30, 2021 6:39 PM

Feb 2017
ngl i dont agree with most of what was discussed this episode. i very much dislike junko and her constantly lecturing & talking down to nana is ticking me off.

so nana is in love with nobu but is gonna break it off with him and marry takumi, who she didn't want to be with anymore, and also give birth to his child. neither of them seem ready or mature enough to be parents. nana can't even take care of herself and self-admittedly has nothing saved up. takumi is part of a band & was talking to nana on the phone about how her being pregnant would be a problem. idk how this is gonna work out.

takumi is so nonchalant that it's annoying. like "ok guess i'll marry u since u wanna have the baby" like piss off???? nobu pissed me off too tho for walking out like that and leaving nana by herself.

i know nana is in a tough position but tbh i would choose an abortion. i know there's way more to it than just giving birth vs getting rid of the baby, but this doesn't look like it's heading in a good direction.

holy moly can nana and nana just get together please

placeholder text
Sep 1, 2022 10:00 PM

Apr 2016
Hachi is trying to mature despite still holding onto her naive and self-hating ideas about her dream of being a mom and the fact she thinks Nobu is way too good for her without taking in consideration she also need parenting skill and not just the economic stability that Takumi might bring (I don't trust him at all); She really needs to talk to Nobu if she's going forward with "I don't want him to give up his dreams for me" idea.

Yasu couldn't be more in love with Nana, it so palpable.
Jan 7, 2023 9:36 PM

Mar 2021
You know what? I don't think Takumi is that bad. He didn't actually do anything wrong, apart from not wearing a condom. He's polite, nice, faithful, reliable, and really meets all all the basic requirements of a boyfriend. He's just kind of an asshole. The problem in that relationship is that Hachi wasn't in love with him, and the whole thing made her feel anxious and bad about herself, so it's not ideal that she ends up marrying him, but why do people hate the guy? If I were her I would've had the abortion already and explained to Nobu in detail how many weeks old was the baby as proof that she actually broke it off with Takumi, and that relationship would've been fine. If she wants to keep the baby and thinks that needs to break up with Nobu in order to do that, and chooses to let Nobu think that she was dating them both at the same time to completely shatter his heart then fine, that's her choice and she'll deal with the consequences. But I'm not happy about it.
Mar 19, 2023 3:04 PM
Oct 2017
This episode I swear... I know that Hachiko is losing may things in exchange for her decision, but the thing is that I would do the same with a musician I really liked! This is stupid! You just can't reason with emotion, the eternal battle between reason and emotion is difficult, impossible, and hard to bear.

I know this is the worst choice, but it is the one I would have done as well, because I'm also broken, and I'm also selfish.
HazamelisMar 19, 2023 3:09 PM
Mar 26, 2023 1:58 AM

Dec 2020
this is infuriating. this episode was so hyped up for me but it was so underwhelming in reality. nana has literally 0 functioning brain i cannot believe how she just threw nobu away and went back for the toxic man. also emo nana is giving off such lesbian vibes
Jun 17, 2023 2:56 PM

Mar 2018
Merged Episode 33 into this thread to create a Discussion Thread.

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Jul 22, 2023 12:31 PM
Jan 2017
amagirinomikoto said:
ngl i dont agree with most of what was discussed this episode. i very much dislike junko and her constantly lecturing & talking  down to nana is ticking me off.

so nana is in love with nobu but is gonna break it off with him and marry takumi, who she didn't want to be with anymore, and also give birth to his child. neither of them seem ready or mature enough to be parents. nana can't even take care of herself and self-admittedly has nothing saved up. takumi is part of a band & was talking to nana on the phone about how her being pregnant would be a problem. idk how this is gonna work out.

takumi is so nonchalant that it's annoying. like "ok guess i'll marry u since u wanna have the baby" like piss off???? nobu pissed me off too tho for walking out like that and leaving nana by herself.

i know nana is in a tough position but tbh i would choose an abortion. i know there's way more to it than just giving birth vs getting rid of the baby, but this doesn't look like it's heading in a good direction.

holy moly can nana and nana just get together please
Thank you, you're like the only reasonable person in this entire thread. Granted, I only skimmed through it, but still. Junko has been a terrible friend throughout this entire series. She literally said that if any of Hachi's boyfriends were to cheat on her that she should just forgive him and move on. And now she's telling Hachi to be with Takumi even though that'll lead to nothing but a bad outcome. 

It's also really hilarious that people will hear Nana say "My heart beats stronger than a typhoon when I look at you. It's like teenager boy's first love." and not think anything romantic of it, yet these same people will reach across the globe to try and say that there's something between Nana and Yasu just because Yasu is a safe person for Nana to be around. 
Sep 18, 2023 2:58 PM

Mar 2023
so, SO much happened in just under 23 mins. MARRIAGE?!? hachi...
Sep 27, 2023 4:48 PM
Oct 2020
I knew Nobu was going to get hurt when he started dating Nana.

Yasu, and Kyousuke showing they're the best guys in the series.

Takumi is at least willing to raise the kid as his own and help support.

Man I feel bad for Nobu though. I really hope she at least makes it clear she didn't cheat on him while they were dating
Oct 19, 2023 7:08 PM
Mar 2022
Nana is So irresponsible I can’t anymore
Mar 10, 9:52 PM

Oct 2016
Another comment to state how much I hate Takumi. Him sexually assaulting Hachi was awful to see. I hate this guy with a burning passion.
Jun 29, 8:59 PM
Jan 2023
Yeah, i'm starting to hate this show. I'm disgusted.
Jul 6, 8:16 AM

Jan 2021
i hate nana so much poor nobu
Aug 25, 3:27 PM

Sep 2020
Everyone deserves a friend like Junko.

To be honest, I detest Nana K.'s justification for having a child in this circumstance. It is incredibly self-centered, but regrettably, a lot of people behave in this way in real life without considering the effects on the unborn child. Parental selfishness is the worst.
"I'll Take a Potato Chip and EAT IT"
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » NANA Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kappaka - Nov 19, 2008

70 by Commandtwt »»
Sep 15, 8:00 AM

» Who is the worst character in Nana? ( 1 2 )

Yuki_Nonaka - Feb 10, 2017

71 by Raiseii »»
Sep 13, 12:19 PM

» So I just finished the Nana anime…

Krystopher - Aug 24

21 by falko92 »»
Sep 9, 3:56 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - May 16, 2008

77 by ann_sordo »»
Sep 7, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Nana Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jul 28, 2007

400 by hadasilv »»
Sep 3, 3:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.