Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
Oct 12, 2020 11:13 AM

May 2020
Yessss I've had been waiting for this since high school. Hirotsuka sensei also falling in love with Hachiman. In the end it was harem. Getting weaker but season 1 is still the best. Love to see the relation and how they make a Prom 2.0. Komatsu the chief of club also they are 5 join. Warmful ending love it. 9/10
Oct 13, 2020 11:47 PM

Mar 2019
can't believe my ship actually worked here for a change here lol
Episode 11 was really great fun and what follow was even better really enjoyed the little date they had and more importantly everyone now knowledge both Hachiman and Yukino as dating couples .
this was really great ending tho most of the season felt like a filler but glad things picked up at the last 4 episodes or so .
there's a new manga is about to start releasing as a sequel with the new semester dont know if it short or not just hope we get to see these two getting married by the end of it when it jumps a few years in the future in the last chapters if possible .
just wishful thinking here but i won't hold my breath for that tho we might get an ova or a movie in the future regarding the new manga .
LeonardoXDOct 13, 2020 11:52 PM
Oct 15, 2020 9:08 PM
May 2020
that was a nice ending episode but i felt like they minimized Yuigahama's feelings a bit. Maybe it's just me tho...but its also good to see that she's not suffering too much anymore. On the other hand, Yukino is so fucking cute, Hiki is really lucky

nice anime tho, enjoyed it...
Oct 15, 2020 9:08 PM
May 2020
that was a nice ending episode but i felt like they minimized Yuigahama's feelings a bit. Maybe it's just me tho...but its also good to see that she's not suffering too much anymore. On the other hand, Yukino is so fucking cute, Hiki is really lucky

nice anime tho, enjoyed it...
Oct 18, 2020 2:46 PM

May 2017
The jokey- way they handled Yuigahama at the end left a bitter taste in the mouth. She's supposed to be all happy while Hachiman and Yukinon glide happily into eventual married bliss? Gimme a break. I'd pay to see the sequel where it's 7 years later and Yuigahama has transformed into a Nana-style rocker chick hell bent on world domination, fueled by jealously.
Oct 19, 2020 1:39 AM
Jan 2011
_cenjoo said:
xsilicon9 said:
So where is Shizuka going?Is she getting married or something?

I'm pretty sure she said she was going to quit after the prom. And if she didn't quit she most likely would've been fired anyways.

Fired for what reason?
Oct 19, 2020 6:19 AM

Apr 2010
What a garbage show waste of a time. The score is BS too, #88 my ass
Oct 19, 2020 2:26 PM

Jan 2019
That wasn't a "long journey" for me like it has been for many fans, but I really liked Oregairu(I'm more into battle shonen, fantasy or happy romcom, but I think this anime will go in my Top 10 for sure, and maybe in my Top 5 too). I had it in my list for so many time, and now that it came to end, I decided to finally start it. It took me some weeks and finally I've come to the end(not because I was bored, just because I've hed not so many time to watch it).

Ok, briefly let's give a general opinion: Season 1 was fine but nothing excellent(drawing style was a little weird lol), Season 2 was very good and I really loved it, and Season 3 was my favourite.

Now that it's ended I feel so sad and empty(It will pass soon lol), but it's not like I didn't like the ending. Even if I hoped Yui to win, I'm ok with the winner being Yukino(I expected). It's sad how Yui was handled and how she suffered, but that's life... at least the ending is good(maybe a little, but just a little bittersweet?)

Now I'm looking forward to Shin novel, just to read some canonical sequel short stories!
Oct 19, 2020 8:52 PM

Dec 2018
Was just me who finish this with a feeling of "will be more, this is not the truly ending"?
Oct 20, 2020 9:52 AM

May 2017
Is it just me or do I not get it? I agree the show is well done and I've given it a high rating. However, the initial promise of Hachiman being such a gloomy guy was squandered as soon as he got to be in a 'service club' with 2 pretty girls WHO also did not have boyfriends. I know that if I were Hachiman and I was feet away from 2 pretty girls on a daily basis, that would make life a bit more enjoyable. So in the end this show basically sticks to the RomCom trope, because we the viewer wouldn't watch this for 3 seasons if Yukino and Yui were average looking girls.

I remember watching the show initially and being drawn in by the title and Hachiman. I was thinking THIS was the show that would overturn all the tropes of anime romantic comedies. Alas, it never did and descending into the usual romantic melodrama but without any actual romance. So basically nobody is satisfied.
Oct 20, 2020 5:25 PM
Jun 2020
Hakaishin99 said:
That wasn't a "long journey" for me like it has been for many fans, but I really liked Oregairu(I'm more into battle shonen, fantasy or happy romcom, but I think this anime will go in my Top 10 for sure, and maybe in my Top 5 too). I had it in my list for so many time, and now that it came to end, I decided to finally start it. It took me some weeks and finally I've come to the end(not because I was bored, just because I've hed not so many time to watch it).

Ok, briefly let's give a general opinion: Season 1 was fine but nothing excellent(drawing style was a little weird lol), Season 2 was very good and I really loved it, and Season 3 was my favourite.

Now that it's ended I feel so sad and empty(It will pass soon lol), but it's not like I didn't like the ending. Even if I hoped Yui to win, I'm ok with the winner being Yukino(I expected). It's sad how Yui was handled and how she suffered, but that's life... at least the ending is good(maybe a little, but just a little bittersweet?)

Now I'm looking forward to Shin novel, just to read some canonical sequel short stories!

Literally same haha
Oct 20, 2020 5:28 PM
Jun 2020
Yui stopped 8man during the prom to tell him something, then she changes her mind and pushes him, telling him to get to work excitedly as Komachi and Iroha look on behind the plant.... was she going to say anything major or important? Any idea what it might have been?
Oct 21, 2020 12:12 PM

Jan 2019
copperypilot56_ said:
Hakaishin99 said:

Literally same haha
copperypilot56_ said:
Hakaishin99 said:

Literally same haha

Lol😂
I see you gave Season 3 a 10 like I did!
Oct 21, 2020 2:10 PM
Apr 2019
copperypilot56_ said:
Yui stopped 8man during the prom to tell him something, then she changes her mind and pushes him, telling him to get to work excitedly as Komachi and Iroha look on behind the plant.... was she going to say anything major or important? Any idea what it might have been?
well, it could be Iroha poisoning her before, so she still wanted to push for Hachiman. Or judging by how she later came to clubroom asking to be friends with them forever, it could be just this as well.
If this is true, then possibly she didn’t talk because Yukino wasn’t there.
Oct 21, 2020 2:16 PM
Apr 2019
xsilicon9 said:
_cenjoo said:

I'm pretty sure she said she was going to quit after the prom. And if she didn't quit she most likely would've been fired anyways.

Fired for what reason?
she has been transferred to a new school of the same prefecture. Japan has this teacher rotation system.
Oct 24, 2020 8:16 PM

Aug 2019
Bravo, genuinely bravo what an amazing ride of emotions, laughs and tears that i cannot physically comprehend without sounding like a fish out of water.

Watching the anime felt like a dream i never wanted to end, but all good things come to an end i suppose.
Season 1, although i wasn't there for the beginning of the anime, when i watched it, it most definitely hooked me into this new view of Hachiman's almost philosophical aspect of the world as a loner, and watching him being forced to interact with others and how someone like him functions, for me it was so interesting to watch. Then having to see him converse with Yukino and Yui was a joy to watch. I loved the comedy s1 had to offer, the dozens of references scattered around the anime gave it a nice warm feeling and is something i missed.
Season 2 introduced me to this new romantic approach for the anime and a new perspective for Hachiman, in the form of almost, character development? Seeing genuine outcomes to Hachiman being around Yukino and Yui, and starting to develop feelings and emotions we kept hearing that he didn't really want in season 1. The approach to this was crisp in my opinion, and avoiding the fact that the anime kinda swerved here from being a rom-com, it makes for a bloody good romance one. This whole new view of change and seeing a different side to Hachiman that wasn't the loner that spat out philosophical quotes like he had a EX skill rank in it
Season 3, i was invested in the romantic story i wanted more, this crazy lovish triangle that season 2 had me waiting on for...5 years. After 5 years it was announced the conclusion was coming, i cannot stress how happy i wa- then covid hit. Fuck. But needless to say, this season was the most out of the 3 (and dare i say) maybe even out of all the seasonal anime this year, to make make me cry this much, this hard, while also smiling with bliss and joy.
Again, looking back at it mainly from Oregairu's beginning point, i did feel like it did kinda diverge from the romance comedy aspects, and invested more into the anime actually being a hardcore romance one, but am i going to complain? How can i when they did a fucking fantastic job at it. Seriously, the romance in this anime plucked every single string attached to my heart i swear.

All in all, 10/10 anime cannot stress enough how bloody amazing this anime felt to watch through (an at this point i feel like the wait was just part of the experience) and i'm so happy the climax to this anime was so well done in my opinion and definitely has served the series justice.
Honestly, if if would try to sum up my entire experience watching Oregairu, it would be somewhat along the lines of
"did i just witness a masterpiece? Or a romcom gone wrong?
Oct 26, 2020 3:45 AM
Oct 2020
He loved Yukino but invited Yui on a date (season 2). It was giving her false hopes. I guess it wasn't right. It seems incomprehensible.
Oct 26, 2020 4:02 PM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
Amatniki said:
OMG IM STILL SO MAD
I wont recover from this, ever.

Calm down, bruh.

These things happen all the time like in the Rem debate

Also I urge you to see the Anime Suzuka because the same thing happens there lol
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ཐི♡ཋྀ «•«━━━━┙
Nov 1, 2020 12:06 PM

Feb 2011
Don't give Yukino any screen time through the whole season and still dump Yui at the end... Weird formula, but okay. I'd prefer Hachiman to end up with Gahamama anyway.
Nov 2, 2020 8:50 PM
Community Mod
Aug 2019
Thread Cleaned

Please remember for episode discussion posts to only link one screenshot.

In addition to this please refrain from any forms of advertisement, attracting users to an another location including MAL.

In accordance with the board specific rules please remember to follow the Site Guidelines as well to further prevent violations.
Nov 3, 2020 6:43 PM
Oct 2017
Well thats it I would so love for another season but as Kan says its the end
Even if another season could have been made without Sensei there it wouldnt be the same
Guess its time for me to read those LN to fill in that whole in my heart ty for these 7 years SNAFU
Nov 3, 2020 7:33 PM
Oct 2020
made an account just to say this was easily my favorite anime ending. like yeah it took 3 seasons, 7 years and in the process one of my favorite characters (yui) ended up in a land full of pain, but her finally confessing and then the s1 op started playing was just so perfect. i legit took an extra month before i watched it because i knew it was finally ending and couldn’t bring myself to watch it but it was perfect and i don’t regret a thing. rip yui tho shed be a best girl in a lot of other animes but yukino and hachiman are just so perfect. there’s so many girls in this that are amazing such as yui, iroha, and don’t forget shizuka. man i’m gonna miss this anime so much the ending was just so satisfying and a1. 10/10 for me
Nov 5, 2020 7:37 AM
Aug 2011
I cried a lot. My journey of watching oregairu started off two days ago when i felt a little bored and made a decision to watch an anime. I couldn't decide what to watch so i let a random number generator pick for me. Out of 5 series it landed on the only romance/drama which in the beginning left me a little disappointed. It's just it didn't seem as if i was in the mood for this genre today. But i still went along with it and put the series on. I ended up binging all three seasons in around 2 days and i remember mid watch telling a friend of mine that once again i made a mistake of having prejudice or rating a book by it's cover. That was because somewhere near the middle of season 2 i could only sum up oregairu as extremely entertaining and fun to watch. Then the drama plot has become more clear, as they started hinting that the beautiful connection the trio developed had to eventually come to an end. It was only around the end of season 3 when i started to realize why i initially felt a little disappointed that the generator picked this show for me. It left me a complete emotional wreck, opened a pandora box of feelings that are extremely troublesome to deal with.

I have cried for Yuigahama when i realized her love will remain to be unrequited. Then i shed tears of joy for Hikagaya and Yukino as they finally got together and they are literally perfect for each other. And then i cried again, even harder, for myself. Because i realized that this beautiful story is a window into the world of fantasy, a world in which such perfect connection can exist. The moment the last episode ended, it felt as if the window closed and i arrived back on Earth after a long journey on a different planet. I was once again back in the world we live in, one in which finding such a connection will be extremely unlikely. That left me depressed, but i don't regret having watched oregairu at all.

I have always been socially awkward in my school years and even bullied in middle school. Always felt as if i couldn't fit in with people around me and so i resonated with Hikagaya's character quite a bit. I think that's also partially why i felt such a strong connection to this anime. This series was for me a complete feelings rollercaster, but the constant clock they have been putting on their relationship has made me appreciate the present a lot more. It awakened a lot of feelings deep inside of myself and to some degree i think made me want to change. So the very first thing i will do now is call my mother, and tell her i love her and how much i appreciate her, something i and probably many of us never do and take for granted.

I wish i could remember the way i feel right now forever.
Nov 5, 2020 10:14 PM
Nov 2020
someasiandud said:
made an account just to say this was easily my favorite anime ending. like yeah it took 3 seasons, 7 years and in the process one of my favorite characters (yui) ended up in a land full of pain, but her finally confessing and then the s1 op started playing was just so perfect. i legit took an extra month before i watched it because i knew it was finally ending and couldn’t bring myself to watch it but it was perfect and i don’t regret a thing. rip yui tho shed be a best girl in a lot of other animes but yukino and hachiman are just so perfect. there’s so many girls in this that are amazing such as yui, iroha, and don’t forget shizuka. man i’m gonna miss this anime so much the ending was just so satisfying and a1. 10/10 for me

Same, it's easily one of the best show I've ever seen, I mean, I kinda like how the awkwardness from 3 of the main characters, how they can't convey their feelings for each others, it's like a romcom show but more confusing in fun way. Lol. Good shows, good ending. Easily 9/10 for me.
Nov 5, 2020 11:30 PM
Feb 2020
M not complaining, he chose the obvious one, I mean I knew since the first time I saw Yuki that she's the one but than why try so hard with yui.
They gave her lots of time and attention and in the end just completely sidelined her,
But!!!
It would be nice if they make a sequel to the series where they go to uni and jobs and grow up and does justice to yui bcz m not satisfied with the ending at all
Nov 6, 2020 12:11 PM
Feb 2020
dad0nduty said:
someasiandud said:

Same, it's easily one of the best show I've ever seen, I mean, I kinda like how the awkwardness from 3 of the main characters, how they can't convey their feelings for each others, it's like a romcom show but more confusing in fun way. Lol. Good shows, good ending. Easily 9/10 for me.

I just have a question, do you guys know something about continuation of the story bcz I m not satisfied at all and also there is a lot of room for more storytelling
Nov 6, 2020 8:50 PM
May 2018
Aw man. It was a pretty great series. I think the light novels were definitely better for the final season, and I’m still generally sad/salty about 8man not being with yui. Ah man. I kept myself closed off from spoilers all these years too. Really shipped yui x 8man hard too. Frustratinggggg.
Nov 7, 2020 1:33 AM
Oct 2020
i am sorrrrta late BUT this episode specifically was a fucking blast, and overall the anime itself that has been going on for 7 years now.. it really was just a roller coaster, i am very VERY happy to see hachoman with yukino at least, i do sorta feel bad for yui but.. im glad that she just agreed on staying friends with yukinoshita forever. it really just finally warms my heart to see these 3 together again.

and even though it ended, it all ended on good terms.

I WAS HOPING FOR SENSEI AND HENCHMAN TO DO THE THINGY THINGY BUT LIKE EHHHHHHHHHH

but in all seriousness, i really hate to see it gone, i HOPE there is gonna an ova or something JUST LIKE ONE LAST THING BEFORE THEY LEAVE LIKE THIS LIKE CMON I WANT MORE.

butt yeah overall 10/10 anime.

Nov 7, 2020 7:31 AM
Apr 2019
Mathi786 said:
dad0nduty said:

I just have a question, do you guys know something about continuation of the story bcz I m not satisfied at all and also there is a lot of room for more storytelling
there is a continuation called "Oregairu Shin", it's coming in novel format with each of the bluray volumes of this season. This tells the events of after anime ending, though it's short and there's not much contents. For now there's no announcement of it being adapted into anime. And so far no English translation.
Nov 10, 2020 5:39 PM

Nov 2019
Ultimately I don't think all of the prom drama added anything to the show. Quite the opposite considering it came out of left field and wasn't even the protagonists' idea in the first place.

It basically just ended up a transparent plot device.

As for the center relationship dynamic... well, that turned out the way it was always meant to; I don't understand the people who were complaining about a bait-n'-switch since it was made quite clear from the start of this season who the main couple would end up being (periodically reinforced with scenes involving prominent crying).

All in all a solid enough conclusion that doesn't overstay its welcome.
Nov 12, 2020 12:48 AM
Feb 2020
NakolHira said:
Mathi786 said:

there is a continuation called "Oregairu Shin", it's coming in novel format with each of the bluray volumes of this season. This tells the events of after anime ending, though it's short and there's not much contents. For now there's no announcement of it being adapted into anime. And so far no English translation.

So there is hope

Good to know
Nov 12, 2020 11:15 AM

Aug 2014
Ok the last two episodes: the talk between Iroha, Komachi, Yui; last ep talk with Yui on that bench * ; talk with Yukino on the footbridge; when Yui enters the room while everyone are inside before second prom *; when Yukino says "love"; when Yui states the obvious in last part of last episode - everything that just killed me :D (the * also moved me the most)

I accept my defeat, you can get one request from me :D

I did not expect that it would happen in that way even though I knew that it will happen.

I guess I have no chance for Yui route, but as Iroha said maybe future with Yui?:D

I cannot believe they are willing to stay friends with this not only triangle, but harem already! :D

Will there be more seasons? If yes and when it will happen I will change this season rank to 10 ;d

[edit]: I've noticed that ED song is the OP song from first season... that means this is the end... no chance for 4th season ;( I'm soooo sad ;((((
Thyriad-oPPailovNov 12, 2020 11:50 AM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Nov 13, 2020 9:00 AM
Jun 2020
I shall get straight to the point and say that many of the decisions made in this anime makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Even Hachiman himself knows there's an easier or frankly simply more logical way of doing things but essentially his stubborn mind cannot allow him to act rationally. Also, in virtually every episode Yui does the cry, Yukinon distants herself, and Hachiman uses his huge brain to think of the worst way to combat the issue, and I must admit despite that he does looks very cool while doing it. However, that doesn't mean I don't like the anime and in retrospect I might have even liked it too much. A solid 9/10 from me, just because.
Although codependence was the big deal this season and theoretically that could potentially make the ending a pitiful lump of depression to swallow, I am surprised at how happy they ended it. Cool sensei says goodbye but in a cool way, and it doesn't even take that much screen time, and the only other sad part is the fact that Yui was hung out to dry. I'm pretty sure we all expected that from the start though, so even if it was a bit of a downer, it still isn't that bad.
I felt like oregairu was good, idk why, maybe just coz I relate to hachiman, but not in the harem sort of way.
Nov 13, 2020 5:20 PM

May 2011
Satisfying feel good ending for me personally. I'm glad for Yukino and boy Hachiman!!

Nov 14, 2020 9:39 AM

May 2016
I'm finally done from this, I guess I'm not a big fan of this kinda show.

7/10 because I really enjoyed some moments.
Nov 17, 2020 6:23 PM
Sep 2020
Yukino's smile </3. 8/10
Nov 24, 2020 12:19 AM
Jul 2009
Thank you Wataru-san for this tremendous ride and thank you again for writing a satisfying conclusion to an incredible story. 7 years of keeping up with your work has been well worth thanks to all the emotions, mental gymnastics, and laughs brought by your work.

I don't know what else to say really, but I just can't stop smiling.
Nov 24, 2020 1:42 PM

Sep 2020
Man I'm sad this show ends while they still have a whole final year of high school to go through. Yukino and Hachiman was predictable, and it sucks that the GOAT of a anime girl (Yui) who has been there for him 50% more gets disrespected and cast aside. Didn't like the ending, but loved the show overall, there was some amazing moments throughout and I felt like S2-S3 animation was a 10/10.
Nov 25, 2020 1:46 AM
Nov 2009
Always kinda felt like it was gonna be the Yukino route but gotta say, and this pretty much never happens for me in romance animes, there was something I liked about all the girls. That being said, the thing that really made this finale a winner for me was the final scene when Yui made her request. It hit me in a very personal place and fell in line with an outlook on relationships I don't often see.

This girl I had been after for years introducing me to her boyfriend after our own little romcom had been resolved, shaking his hand and my first words to him being, "I'm going to do my very best not to dislike you on principal." Cue uncomfortable laughter from them both. xD

The relationship resolution in the show definitely gave the feels but that final scene is the highlight for me and Yui is the real star. She treasured her feelings for both of them and her relationship so much that instead of "accepting defeat" and disappearing or trying to disrupt the relationship, she came to them, clearly stated her feelings, and requested to make it all work out somehow. That's genuine.

P.S. I still regularly associate with said girl on a genuine level, years later. It can be done, if the feelings are real and you are able to keep them from turning into something ugly, like Yui did. Great show.
Nov 27, 2020 6:47 AM
Oct 2017
This doesn't feel like a conclusion, ugh.
Dec 6, 2020 3:14 AM

Feb 2012
The conclusion was okay after a disappointing 3rd season. Considering the characters, Yukino and Hachiman seem like a fit. Not a great one, because they have similar weaknesses, being proud and stubborn and unable to express their feelings. But I can get that there's a sense of connection there. Apparently it's developed much better in the LN.

From the romance viewpoint this was a terrible choice, as in the anime the romance aspect wasn't developed enough, and all of it was written for Yui. Yukino and Hachiman only talked about club-related activites, staying quiet in the club room, and never really getting to know each other. It was more like relationships at workplace with a bit of flirting at the Christmas party. Many other female characters got better moments with Hachiman.

I thought this season was below average in quality. The prom arc was boring. Its result was predictable and there seemed to be very little at stake. Maybe it's a cultural difference, as there could have been some danger of losing face, which is a bigger thing in Japan. However, there was no doubt that the prom would be organized and it would be just fine. Another thing that bugged me was that since Hachiman learned some life lessons, he became a typical slice of life MC.

All in all the second season was my favourite. I especially liked the friction between Hachiman and Hayato, exploring the difference between those who've had social success and those who've been rejected. It's a complex problem, revealing how people have difficulty understanding each other because of their different backgrounds. Hachiman's thinking may have been flawed, but his justifications were shown well especially against Hayato.

I also agree with people who feel the ending was a cop-out. They wanted to put an end to the love triangle, yet somehow continued as before. "I like your boyfriend and I want to keep hanging out with you every day". It's hard to believe anyone would be happy with that, so it still didn't feel like a proper conclusion.
Dec 8, 2020 12:30 AM
Dec 2020
Feorg said:
The conclusion was okay after a disappointing 3rd season. Considering the characters, Yukino and Hachiman seem like a fit. Not a great one, because they have similar weaknesses, being proud and stubborn and unable to express their feelings. But I can get that there's a sense of connection there. Apparently it's developed much better in the LN.

From the romance viewpoint this was a terrible choice, as in the anime the romance aspect wasn't developed enough, and all of it was written for Yui. Yukino and Hachiman only talked about club-related activites, staying quiet in the club room, and never really getting to know each other. It was more like relationships at workplace with a bit of flirting at the Christmas party. Many other female characters got better moments with Hachiman.

I thought this season was below average in quality. The prom arc was boring. Its result was predictable and there seemed to be very little at stake. Maybe it's a cultural difference, as there could have been some danger of losing face, which is a bigger thing in Japan. However, there was no doubt that the prom would be organized and it would be just fine. Another thing that bugged me was that since Hachiman learned some life lessons, he became a typical slice of life MC.

All in all the second season was my favourite. I especially liked the friction between Hachiman and Hayato, exploring the difference between those who've had social success and those who've been rejected. It's a complex problem, revealing how people have difficulty understanding each other because of their different backgrounds. Hachiman's thinking may have been flawed, but his justifications were shown well especially against Hayato.

I also agree with people who feel the ending was a cop-out. They wanted to put an end to the love triangle, yet somehow continued as before. "I like your boyfriend and I want to keep hanging out with you every day". It's hard to believe anyone would be happy with that, so it still didn't feel like a proper conclusion.
Everything that hachiman has done throughout the series was for yukino in some way. Whether it's destroying sagami, or the Rumi situation or trying to do the christmas event by himself instead of involving yukino or trying to do an entire prom ofcoure. He was fascinated by yukino and her ideals. He never showed any interest in yui and she was the only one forcing herself on him. And only yukino has got a scene as significant as the one in infirmary where both hachiman's and her eyes interlocked for a solid 10+ seconds and they couldn't move from the spot. Hachiman knows way more about yukino than he does about yui, he knows that she likes pan-san, that she likes cats a lot, she loves to read books, and he knows what her favorite type of literature is, about her past and how she was bullied, how she is scared of ghosts, heights, and her fragile side which she only shows to him, like the time she asked for him to save her. He enjoys every single conversation with yukino and the silence even. So, maybe you should just rewatch it properly or trying reading the LNs. Though I agree that season 3 was disappointing compared to others.
jexcivDec 8, 2020 1:32 AM
Dec 8, 2020 3:57 PM
Aug 2020
I really enjoyed this entire franchise. I thought the whole last season was well done conveying their awkward feelings just made me smile goofily. I am gonna have to find the LN and read them now.

Only one thing I kept hoping for was a kissu scene T-T would've been awkward and kawaii - though I am satisfied enough with Yukino saying she loved 8man.
Dec 17, 2020 12:06 AM
Apr 2016
The starting was PEAK cutesy, she was the embodiment of "cute." Her confession at the end was too. Love the ending.

The first half of this season was a bit dull in my opinion, but the second half got better and better, until eventually becoming pretty incredible — particularly the conclusion, I'm very happy with it!
Dec 19, 2020 3:57 PM

Aug 2017
Yahallo! It was a good conclusion to the show in general, I thought they were going to forget about Yui plot but it wasn't so wasted even though they dedicated too many episodes to her character. Congratulations to Yukino for confessing her feelings to Hachiman!

March 1, 2020 was the day I started this franchise. Like I said, its not your typical romcom and it has all the time to develop several characters. It delves deep into social interactions while avoiding the normal cliches one would expect from a series with this kind of title especially during the first season. The second season was more drama-oriented and a tone change. Finally, the third season was the conclusion of everything that the series proposed.

Definitely, Oregairu is one of the best romcoms I’ve watched with Kaguya-sama.

Season 1: 9/10
Season 2: 8/10
Season 3: 7/10

Overall: 8/10. I'm very happy with this anime! :)

JULES_WK said:
And so... Hikigaya Hachoman found his Ice queen....

7 years and 36 episodes, a reallly great journey comes to end today!
Finally we have the final episode of OreGairu and at least for me, has been a happy one, with 8man getting the genuine thing.... with Yukino (Oh yeah!)

Really good and mainly important franchise in Anime´s world.

All we can say is: Thank you Hachiman, thanks for everything!!!!

*13 (s1) + 13 (s2) + 12 (s3) = 38 episodes in total

-40 episodes if we include the OVA from s1 and the OVA from s2.
-39 episodes if we don't add the last episode from s1 since its anime original.
NurguburuDec 19, 2020 4:21 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 19, 2020 11:34 PM
Dec 2016
OMG, I don't know how much joy I got from watching the 3rd season.

After seeing Shizuka-sensei scene, I'm just hoping that they would make an OVA about her and Hachiman together. Still wish for her happiness. *Sigh*
Dec 24, 2020 5:58 AM

Aug 2013
It's pretty hard to determine the overall quality of whole anime since its seasons had different focuses.

First one was more focused on comedy and was pretty original from the start in terms of typical romcoms because of gloomy and harsh MC, Yukino which is female equivalent of him but simply cuter and cooler when Yui is an average normal girl with a connecting link role in a such complicated triangle. I wish anime just stayed like that.

Second season obviously became more serious and start asking uncomfortable question to its main characters. It ended with a cliffhanger like the next one season should be something big or even catastrophe since the story had creepy similarities with White Album 2.

Third season is a big letdown in terms of story richness since it's obviously artificially prolonged, three OVAs would be enough but at least this season had more passion and half-baked ending.

In the end of the day there are still many questions which will be unanswered for eternity.

Why MC overreacted to a simple word as "codependency" (maybe it was translated from Japanese differently to other languages) and start to panic? It's just a word from a sneaky person and also having some people in your life is normal, MC himself didn't even dream about it so it's not a big deal even for him to become a little bit dependent especially when all three helped each other to grow as a person.

Why the hell MC was tied to girls from his school club exclusively? There are much more options and also his relations with these two could be saved just by looking for a love interest somewhere else, I mean there is Kawasaki for example. MC is pretty weak in terms of resistance to feminine vibes even to boyish vibes at some special cases so it was really ridiculous to watch how Yukino and Yui deciding who MC is belong to without his personal interference.

Where from Yukino got her independence obsession? I mean the whole drama in season 2 came from MC and his independent actions even though he just used to live like that but Yukino criticized him for that because since than he was in a club and should divide his work with others. But one season later Yukino just wanted an independence at any cost and criticize MC once again for his opposite point of view and desire to help.

The whole anime kind of cried "Take your responsibilities, MC!", most of characters were like they wanted to add in the end of their speeches: "Hachiman, you are main character here, just do something!". It also looks pretty strange that Yukino with all her "I want to do that alone" and "I want to decide everything by myself!" in the same time just dropped her relation responsibility and gave it to Yui which did the same and gave it to MC.

So I can't say that this anime is bad because it was mostly original and this is what you see pretty rare nowadays. But story walked around the bush and could fit in one 24 episodes season. Relations were interesting but not so deep as it could be, MC chose Yukino and it's the only possible option in terms of "exclusive triangle" (thanks to author that he didn't make from Yukino some career maniac which happily bury her emotions for a big promotion in a future).
LawgunDec 24, 2020 6:06 AM
Dec 26, 2020 7:53 PM

Sep 2015
Lawgun said:
It's pretty hard to determine the overall quality of whole anime since its seasons had different focuses.

First one was more focused on comedy and was pretty original from the start in terms of typical romcoms because of gloomy and harsh MC, Yukino which is female equivalent of him but simply cuter and cooler when Yui is an average normal girl with a connecting link role in a such complicated triangle. I wish anime just stayed like that.

Second season obviously became more serious and start asking uncomfortable question to its main characters. It ended with a cliffhanger like the next one season should be something big or even catastrophe since the story had creepy similarities with White Album 2.

Third season is a big letdown in terms of story richness since it's obviously artificially prolonged, three OVAs would be enough but at least this season had more passion and half-baked ending.

In the end of the day there are still many questions which will be unanswered for eternity.

Why MC overreacted to a simple word as "codependency" (maybe it was translated from Japanese differently to other languages) and start to panic? It's just a word from a sneaky person and also having some people in your life is normal, MC himself didn't even dream about it so it's not a big deal even for him to become a little bit dependent especially when all three helped each other to grow as a person.

Why the hell MC was tied to girls from his school club exclusively? There are much more options and also his relations with these two could be saved just by looking for a love interest somewhere else, I mean there is Kawasaki for example. MC is pretty weak in terms of resistance to feminine vibes even to boyish vibes at some special cases so it was really ridiculous to watch how Yukino and Yui deciding who MC is belong to without his personal interference.

Where from Yukino got her independence obsession? I mean the whole drama in season 2 came from MC and his independent actions even though he just used to live like that but Yukino criticized him for that because since than he was in a club and should divide his work with others. But one season later Yukino just wanted an independence at any cost and criticize MC once again for his opposite point of view and desire to help.

The whole anime kind of cried "Take your responsibilities, MC!", most of characters were like they wanted to add in the end of their speeches: "Hachiman, you are main character here, just do something!". It also looks pretty strange that Yukino with all her "I want to do that alone" and "I want to decide everything by myself!" in the same time just dropped her relation responsibility and gave it to Yui which did the same and gave it to MC.

So I can't say that this anime is bad because it was mostly original and this is what you see pretty rare nowadays. But story walked around the bush and could fit in one 24 episodes season. Relations were interesting but not so deep as it could be, MC chose Yukino and it's the only possible option in terms of "exclusive triangle" (thanks to author that he didn't make from Yukino some career maniac which happily bury her emotions for a big promotion in a future).

Yukino and Hachiman want the same thing, a relationship where they can lean on each other. What they fear more than anything is feeling they're inconveniencing the other person. And so Yukino was criticizing Hachiman for what she saw as a weakness in herself, she didn't want Hachiman to feel obligated to be there for her. At the same time, she recognized that Hachiman wasn't being independant, he was sacrificing himself. So you see that Hachiman is in 2 extremes here, both gave Yukino anxiety.

So it was solved by Hachiman doing just enough for another person without bringing himself down and Yukino willing to accept the help of another person knowing that she can drop them whenever she's not feeling comfortable.

Hachiman wasn't tied to other characters because this isn't a love story. Romance is secondary to Hachiman and Yukino finding a common ground. I think your problem is forgetting the first season and how it setup the other 2. Through 14 novels, Hachiman and Yukino make up almost the entirety of them. None of the other characters like Yui have major plot points other than supporting the plot of the mentioned 2

Dec 27, 2020 4:20 AM

Aug 2013
LemonMAL said:

Yukino and Hachiman want the same thing, a relationship where they can lean on each other.

It's not true though, the whole "lean on each other" aspect is pretty abstractive here, it works for weak-willed Yui only because she exchanged one dominant person for another - Miura for Yukino after their little quarrels which Miura lost, so Yui was under Yukino's authority and even copied Yukino's interest in Hachiman since it was the only one weak point of Yukino and Yui's chance for a win over dominant person. This is how typical rivalry starts.

Hachiman on other hand was pretty apathetic towards Yui and Yukino, he was obviously ready to date with literally anyone even a guy. The whole "triangle" thing was based on a car incident and a volunteer club so it was kind of artificially. Yukino was aggressively passive and did nothing till closing of anime except for using victim card all the time so Yui won't dare to win and Hachiman won't dare to ignore her.

LemonMAL said:
What they fear more than anything is feeling they're inconveniencing the other person.

Their strong desire to be wanted by someone was overwhelming so they acted like they didn't need it at all. Inconveniencing to the other person was the last thing they could bother about. They only bothered about their own inconvenience and psychological complexes.

LemonMAL said:
And so Yukino was criticizing Hachiman for what she saw as a weakness in herself, she didn't want Hachiman to feel obligated to be there for her.

It's only one point of view but there is another - Yukino started a communication with Hachiman with insults because she is a weak person with a strong image and was fear of Hachiman since he sees right through people. It was just "best defense is offense".

LemonMAL said:

At the same time, she recognized that Hachiman wasn't being independent, he was sacrificing himself.

I don't see anything of not independent in pseudo-sacrificing of himself since Hachiman lost nothing by saying crazy provocative things especially when there are people which know it's just an act so it's pretty safe move for him. It became a problem for Hachiman only because of Yui and Yukino were overdramatic about it. Also sacrifice is most independent thing which someone could do especially when there are people which are against it, it's about a strong will and kind of egoism.

LemonMAL said:
So you see that Hachiman is in 2 extremes here, both gave Yukino anxiety.
So you see there are no any extremes and Yukino just hated how Hachiman free-willed and unpredictable in comparison with her.

LemonMAL said:
So it was solved by Hachiman doing just enough for another person without bringing himself down and Yukino willing to accept the help of another person knowing that she can drop them whenever she's not feeling comfortable.
Hachiman "solved" a problem by accepting Yukino's proposal, If Yui disappears he won't even bother. In the end of the day Hachiman just accepted the first proposal he got and Yui didn't even accept her lose.

LemonMAL said:

Hachiman wasn't tied to other characters because this isn't a love story. Romance is secondary to Hachiman and Yukino finding a common ground.

Romance is secondary for literally everyone here, since Hachiman was ready to date with anyone, Yui just became a victim of typical female challenge and Yukino simply doesn't see a much difference between a friendship and love because she is psychologically undeveloped person.

LemonMAL said:

I think your problem is forgetting the first season and how it setup the other 2. Through 14 novels, Hachiman and Yukino make up almost the entirety of them. None of the other characters like Yui have major plot points other than supporting the plot of the mentioned 2

I think your problem is you are adapting to a story and superficially rationalizing everything what being said by emotionally undeveloped characters with romantic point of view, you perceiving their acts as their true intentions instead of analyzing what actually happening in their heads and between them, since it's anime forum I don't care about novels or manga, only anime is important here and I watched all three seasons one by one so clearly remember how inconsistent they are just like its characters. You saying that Yui isn't important but I say that relations between Hacniman and Yukino wouldn't be possible without a connecting link since Yui changed stances of Yukino and Hachiman, she provoked Yukino to use her victim card and provoked Hachiman to think about romantic perspectives. She made Yukino softer and Hachiman more emotional. Without Yui these two would end up with nothing because tough Yukino would be to good for Hachiman and apathetic Hachiman would be too awful for Yukino.
LawgunDec 27, 2020 4:31 AM
Jan 10, 2021 5:38 AM
May 2013
It feels like all these seasons were made just for building the relationship between Hachiman and Yukino, everything else was a sacrifice.
A show with the ending set in stone with no real conflict, a rigged game with a clear winner. The story could've have ended sooner.
The prom arc was a pain to watch, the last episodes were better though.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » to end the debate

Ghost_Davo - Sep 25

24 by Laplace_kun »»
Yesterday, 11:15 AM

» Yukinoshita yukino in her tuxedo :may I have this dance?

zx1234yousif - Sep 10

8 by Merrycreeef346 »»
Sep 24, 5:15 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cchigu - Aug 27, 2020

216 by Gerbian »»
Sep 1, 2:53 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Sep 17, 2020

423 by topfloorboss45 »»
Aug 13, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jul 30, 2020

285 by topfloorboss45 »»
Aug 10, 8:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.