Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 4, 2020 5:06 PM

Mar 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ok wow, Even if Luffy is Down and unconscious, he can still Use the Haoushoku no Haki! Damn...
Also,Chopper and everyone are perfectly fine,due to the ability of Shinobu, some serious Power she got there lol
Luffy is been humiliated and got sent to the cage... With KID?!?!
I knew he was there but... In the Same cage?! Well, that's funny
And who exactly is that one who threw the fish with his Mouth?!

Next Episode... WTF MORIA?!?!?! YOU ARE ALIVE?!?! He literally disappeared since the Great war... Almost 450 episodes since we last saw him! So next episode isn't a filler but the continuation of Reverie arc!

With that being said, THE FIRST PART OF WANO KUNI IS COMPLETE!

Looking forward to the next Episode!
Jan 4, 2020 6:15 PM

Nov 2016
Ah, the reactions towards the news about Luffy was something I was really looking forward to.

Luffy and Kid meeting each other and how the anime handled it was also pretty damn cool.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 4, 2020 6:41 PM

Aug 2018
Great episode
Hype
Jan 4, 2020 7:14 PM

Jul 2007
This is only the beginning folks, a small intermission and then its off to Wano act 2.

Jan 4, 2020 7:50 PM

Nov 2019
Lmao the reactions to luffy's wanted papers I love it.
This episode was great 4/5 although seeing Luffy in chains and beaten up is very disappointing.
Jan 4, 2020 7:51 PM
Jan 2019
Wano first act is over. Glad everyone is safe in the mountain fire with that hole.
Kid and Luffy meet each other in the same cell. can't wait how it is going to turn out :D
chintu_Jan 4, 2020 7:58 PM
Jan 4, 2020 8:24 PM

Oct 2019
luckily there is Shinobu :D
Jan 4, 2020 9:01 PM
Mar 2019
Robin look cute asf with that face LMFAOOOO
Jan 4, 2020 9:19 PM
Feb 2017
After this one i'm back to beeing pumped for every new one piece episode again, the arc will start to get insanely good
Jan 4, 2020 9:46 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Got a boner when Luffy met Kid. Can't fucking wait for what is to come next. Hyped af.

5/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jan 4, 2020 10:59 PM

Mar 2015
Good buildup for the coming episodes, but looks like our attention will be away from Wano for at least the next episode!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 5, 2020 12:18 AM

Dec 2014
Sad to see luffy being dragged like that...why did they make faces like that when they saw luffy poster
Jan 5, 2020 12:53 AM

Jul 2017
Robin's reaction made me laugh so hard at an airport I was in today, that someone went up to me and asked me if I was alright. What a fucking glorious reaction it was.
Jan 5, 2020 12:57 AM

Dec 2013
Those reactions to Luffy were funny. It's very rare to see Robin with a comedic face.

Luffy and Kidd reunion hype!
Jan 5, 2020 1:18 AM

Sep 2013
Lmao Robin's character development is something from back then until now she becomes very "expressive".
But dayum Luffy badass just went over 9000 when he used haki unconsciously.
And Act One finally done can't wait for Act Two it's going to be SICK.
Jan 5, 2020 2:15 AM

May 2014
The plot armor for Luffy's crew and the rest of the gang survival was strong here. Looks like Raizo isn't the only guy who can use ninjutsu. Pretty cool jutsu though. I hope we can get an explanation of the ninja jutsus and their origins.

Luffy with bandages looks cool, but the best moment was their reaction of Luffy's poster like Robin's face:
. That was funny indeed. The tension and the way they made the end scene with Kid and Luffy's reunion was quite good. I found this ep. very appealing.

Looks like the first arc of the Wano arc is finished.
mangalicker94Jan 27, 2020 6:48 PM
Jan 5, 2020 3:22 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
I honestly thought the troll face were freaky. Why did they make Robbin look 20 years older than she is with the face
Jan 5, 2020 3:27 AM

Jul 2016
chobentys said:
Good buildup for the coming episodes, but looks like our attention will be away from Wano for at least the next episode!

Should only be one episode. Is an intermission in the manga. Very small.
Jan 5, 2020 3:53 AM

Mar 2014

[/quote] Did you two really need to post things regarding the next episode, too? Nobody watches the preview, so don't spoil it for others please (put a spoiler button).[/quote]
Jan 5, 2020 5:58 AM

Jan 2015
Incredible episode! Robin's reaction at Luffy's defeat felt so wrong. I haven't seen her having such facial expressions.
Luffy and Kidd reunited after 500 episodes.
Next episode we get to see Moriah after a long time too.
Jan 5, 2020 6:09 AM
Jan 5, 2020 7:14 AM

Oct 2017
Lol Luffy and Kid's reaction towards each other was just the best.
Jan 5, 2020 11:57 AM

Jun 2015
the whole episode is one thing and the part when Luffy sees kid is another. I love how they are animating this arc. I love the traditional Japanese elements.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 5, 2020 12:21 PM
Jan 2020
ErnaSB said:
Incredible episode! Robin's reaction at Luffy's defeat felt so wrong. I haven't seen her having such facial expressions.

Hey, thanks for ruining it for me.

I came here just to see if anyone really liked the way the episode ended. Luffy getting dragged through a prison enraged and in bloody bandages plus that random meet up with Kid/music had me incredibly hyped.

I make it a point to check this site's weekly thread for reactions because it's non spoiler. I am super letdown now that I know even a little of what's coming up. The show hasn't been great in a long time and I feel like this arc could be really awesome. At the very least I'm psyched that I don't have to listen to "wedding cakeeeeeeeee-ey" for five minutes an episode anymore and we're getting into the meat of an interesting plot involving a supposed immortal, ghost samurai, and a potential kid/luffy team up.

So come on man, just be courteous and cool about where you drop the spoilers.
Jan 5, 2020 12:26 PM

Jul 2008
It's in the episode preview guys, that's fair game.

That Robin face....glorious.
Jan 5, 2020 1:48 PM

Nov 2008
At this point one would think that someone, anyone, would start to question the plan of Kinemon and Law. Just how do they expect to defeat Kaido now that they've seen first hand what Kaido can do and how he one-timed Luffy? All that the first Wano arc has clearly shown is that Kinemon is a total idiot and that Law is totally incompetent. The Strawhats should just write off the Kinemon/Law plan, come up with a way to rescue Luffy and "drop back 10 yards and punt"...
Jan 5, 2020 2:10 PM

Jan 2015
presumedfoil said:
ErnaSB said:

Hey, thanks for ruining it for me.

I came here just to see if anyone really liked the way the episode ended. Luffy getting dragged through a prison enraged and in bloody bandages plus that random meet up with Kid/music had me incredibly hyped.

I make it a point to check this site's weekly thread for reactions because it's non spoiler. I am super letdown now that I know even a little of what's coming up. The show hasn't been great in a long time and I feel like this arc could be really awesome. At the very least I'm psyched that I don't have to listen to "wedding cakeeeeeeeee-ey" for five minutes an episode anymore and we're getting into the meat of an interesting plot involving a supposed immortal, ghost samurai, and a potential kid/luffy team up.

So come on man, just be courteous and cool about where you drop the spoilers.

Dude, I'm not reading the manga, it was on the preview so it's not considered a spoil, as it was included in the episode.
Jan 5, 2020 4:36 PM

Oct 2017
Hyped person here!

I stopped the manga just to get this kind of trully reactions while seeing the animation work and I'am not neither a bit dissapoint about that decision, even I let off the previews and opening because they spoile to you, but meh, here I come and people just speak inconsiderately about how it's gonna be the next episode, I don't know men,even if it is not an a strictly spoiler, just please add the spoiler botton, PLEASE DO IT: Because there it's some people as me.

The last part when Kid and Luffy saw each other was great, I felt something taking me out of the boxes when Luffy was humiliated like that being dragged as shit.
Before Mugiwara team save him, I would like see Luffy making a revolution and exploting everything there as always do.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Jan 5, 2020 4:51 PM

Oct 2017
ibraheem234 said:
Sad to see luffy being dragged like that...why did they make faces like that when they saw luffy poster
Due to the main plan of all them of being there pretending and leasing a life as someone part of the town (working, feign, staying apart, etc) was to hide they were there.
I mean, to they the worst thing to make done would it be they being discover by Kaido because their plan is beat him, but Luffy made something even worst, he directly confront Kaido, he was defeated and as if that wasn't bad enough, he get is caught and imprisoned.
Not only is the plan ruined but they lose their captain by making things too complicated to face in what follows.
Now they not only have to defeat Kaido but first they have to save him at all costs, since without Luffy neither it is not possible to do so.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Jan 5, 2020 4:55 PM

Nov 2018
Zoro is enjoying himself with wasabi and sake while half of his nakama almost get kill by Kaido. Lol

Jan 5, 2020 10:04 PM

Jul 2013
Great episode. I didn't expect Luffy to be able to use kings haki in an unconscious state. It's also just crazy when you hear Kaido mentioning how weak the worst generation is.

As I thought everyone is fine after Kaidos attack. Shinobus jutsu is pretty dangerous but saves the strawhats asses. Tama seems to be badly injured but she's alive, that's the important part.

Frankys, Robins, Ussops and Zoros face expressions were priceless. I know it was meant in a serious way but I couldn't help and laugh about it.

It's the first time we see Luffy getting humiliated like that. Fuck these jailers and their big mouth. I'm sure this thing in the cell which ate that fish is definitely a fishman. But who the hell was that? This ending was pretty funny when Luffy and Kid recognized each other :D

I wonder what the strawhats plan to do. This is the worst position they could be in. It's not like they could invade the prison/mine and rescue Luffy in an easy way.

The preview for the next episode was also very surprising. Gecko Moria? Wasn't marineford the last time we saw him? Should be interesting to also see Blackbeard again and what he's about to plan.
Natsu88Jan 5, 2020 10:08 PM

Jan 5, 2020 11:57 PM

Jul 2015
Kaido underestimates luffy, the guy who entered impel down and escaped from it with a couple of hundreds of other prisoners

Lmao everyone's face when they noticed luffy's been caught and then you have zoro pulling the face because of wasabi sushi

Jan 6, 2020 12:51 AM

Jul 2007
dbaranyi said:
At this point one would think that someone, anyone, would start to question the plan of Kinemon and Law. Just how do they expect to defeat Kaido now that they've seen first hand what Kaido can do and how he one-timed Luffy? All that the first Wano arc has clearly shown is that Kinemon is a total idiot and that Law is totally incompetent. The Strawhats should just write off the Kinemon/Law plan, come up with a way to rescue Luffy and "drop back 10 yards and punt"...

Well its more so about the fact that they have now rethink their plans lol. But yeah you are right. How ever there are some missing pieces from this plan as well such as the involvement of the samurai we don't know how strong they are yet or how many numbers they can rally to their cause. So its still open ended at this point. But i will say that things only continue to get much more exciting and unpredictable from here on out. With the revelation of Kid and Luffy together, now another plot starts to take shape.

Jan 6, 2020 4:37 AM

Nov 2008
xkazutox said:
I honestly thought the troll face were freaky. Why did they make Robbin look 20 years older than she is with the face

That's a traditional Japanese woodblock print look used to show exaggerated shock. The entire end of the episode was done as if it were an old Japanese film including the grainy look of Luffy and Kid in the prison.
Jan 6, 2020 5:36 AM

Jul 2007
dbaranyi said:
xkazutox said:

That's a traditional Japanese woodblock print look used to show exaggerated shock. The entire end of the episode was done as if it were an old Japanese film including the grainy look of Luffy and Kid in the prison.

Yep finally someone gave the correct answer to this. This entire arc has a very classical Japanese look to it, even from the visual designs, the characters models, the themes represented and even certain objects, places and events.

You will all see this is really only the start of it. There is alot more throwbacks and historical references to come.

like my personal favorite

I honestly can't wait to see what oda throws at us when we reach the final battle.
ArtimesGamerJan 6, 2020 5:39 AM

Jan 6, 2020 5:43 AM

Apr 2013
Of course everyone survived, this is One Piece after all. So they actually threw two supernovas into the same cell and expect that nothing bad could come out of it? Seems like the most retarded plan ever. Wait, how did Moria end up there? Did Doflamingo hand him over to Kaido back at Marineford?
Jan 6, 2020 7:11 AM

Jul 2007
Guys would you please refrain from discussing things related to the previews. Alot of anime watchers skip the previews and only watch the episodes because they do spoil the following episodes. Please have some respect for the people that are watching one piece completely blind and not wanting to be spoiled. Believe it or not, some don't even watch the openings cause they are full of spoilers.

Jan 6, 2020 3:57 PM

Jul 2013
I have this feeling that this Land of Wano arc is going to be the best arc in One Piece. Even even better than the Marineford arc. Because I truly believe that the Strawhats and his other peeps will take down Kaido and we also have these simultaneously happening events with the Marijois, then the thing with Akagami and the elders of the World Government, and also iirc like a hundred episodes ago they showed that wrestler guy from Blackbeard's crew finding Dragon's base, and I think they would follow up on that soon lest people forget.
Jan 7, 2020 6:31 AM

Aug 2014
What a great conclusion to act 1. I can't wait for more.

Does anyone know the name of the ost at the end of the episode?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jan 7, 2020 6:43 AM

May 2014
I really like that opening ost

Eustass Kid have king haki, didn't see that coming

New devil fruit introduced and as expected Sanji save ladies and didn't give a damn for the rest of the gang trapped in hole

So... is this going to be Impel Down v2.0, if that's the case, I hope that that prisoner that eat poisoned fish won't good version of Magelan

Great ending, Eustass Kid and Luffy in the same prison cell
Jan 10, 2020 10:41 PM

Aug 2016
I don't know why but this episode was super enjoyable, maybe I'm starting to love the anime part of One Piece again slowly and not realizing it.
Jan 11, 2020 8:29 AM
Nov 2016
link9us said:
This is only the beginning folks, a small intermission and then its off to Wano act 2.
You say small intermission but with this pacing luffy will probably be in jail for like 3 months if were lucky
Jan 18, 2020 6:06 PM

Feb 2013
It's not smart to put those two in the same cage.
Jan 19, 2020 1:49 AM

Feb 2015
How Luffy activated conqueror’s haki while unconscious, wtf. We all knew that they got saved somehow. Franky, Robin and Usopp’s reactions were priceless. Finally, Kid, it smells like a massive break down, like Impel Down, and who’s that guy of the poisonous fish.
Jan 27, 2020 6:47 PM

May 2014
Quinof said:
mangalicker94 said:
The plot armor for Luffy's crew and the rest of the gang survival was strong here. Looks like Raizo isn't the only guy who can use ninjutsu. Pretty cool jutsu though. I hope we can get an explanation of the ninja jutsus and their origins.

Luffy with bandages looks cool, but the best moment was their reaction of Luffy's poster like Robin's face:
. That was funny indeed. The tension and the way they made the end scene with Kid and Luffy's reunion was quite good. I found this ep. very appealing.

Looks like the first arc of the Wano arc is finished.
Usopp8000 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ok wow, Even if Luffy is Down and unconscious, he can still Use the Haoushoku no Haki! Damn...
Also,Chopper and everyone are perfectly fine,due to the ability of Shinobu, some serious Power she got there lol
Luffy is been humiliated and got sent to the cage... With KID?!?!
I knew he was there but... In the Same cage?! Well, that's funny
And who exactly is that one who threw the fish with his Mouth?!

Next Episode... WTF MORIA?!?!?! YOU ARE ALIVE?!?! He literally disappeared since the Great war... Almost 450 episodes since we last saw him! So next episode isn't a filler but the continuation of Reverie arc!

With that being said, THE FIRST PART OF WANO KUNI IS COMPLETE!

Looking forward to the next Episode!
Did you two really need to post things regarding the next episode, too? Nobody watches the preview, so don't spoil it for others please (put a spoiler button).

Well, I didn't take that in account. Sorry. Usually I see discussing the whole ep. include the opening and preview as non-spoiler, but looks like some people don't watch OP/previews. I will do that and try to remember it next time. :P
Jan 31, 2020 2:09 PM
Jul 2018
The reactions to Luffy fighting Kaido were priceless. Especially Robin's! Now, she truly embraced the StrawHat. And where in the world did Zoro end up in? Most of the crew got into trouble with Kaido and the man is chilling, getting lost in the way of life. Ah, I guess every badass has his weakness.

Luffy's eyes are nothing but pure rage. He wants Kaido. He wants to beat the living hell out of him. Good, more motivation to train. But still, these prison guards sure are stupid. "Let's mock and bully the guy who challenged the strongest creature in the world". How many times did Luffy get locked up throughout the entire series? Each time, he was able to escape imprisonment, all the while creating havoc. It is only a matter of time.

Yey~ Kid is here and act one end? Nani? This arc has acts now?
removed-userJan 31, 2020 2:19 PM
Feb 13, 2020 7:23 PM

Nov 2019
The reactions of the crew towards the fact that Luffy was already wanted was priceless!

Kid and Luffy being in the same cage was hilarious!

This episode was such a great one! The arc is so hype!
Mar 31, 2020 1:50 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, love how everyone reacted to Luffy being Wanted. - Pure disgust :D

Gonna be interesting, Kid and Luffy in the same cell, surely going to be a disaster!
Apr 5, 2020 6:47 AM
Jun 2015
The reactions to Luffy's arrest news were hilarious. Also looking forward to seeing if Eustass Kid and Luffy will team up or not.
Apr 11, 2020 10:44 AM

Jun 2015
FMmatron said:
Ah, the reactions towards the news about Luffy was something I was really looking forward to.

Same, lmao. And how they would adapt the "End of Act 1" thing too
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1089 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FMmatron - Jan 6

183 by Pirate_king29 »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1070 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Jul 29, 2023

323 by oToastii »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1120 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 21

45 by G_Spark233 »»
3 hours ago

» What episode was one piece on when you were born? ( 1 2 3 )

Zakatsuki_ - Sep 15

130 by Mualani »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Would you prefer that One Piece to be a seasonal anime or a long-running anime ?

KingSunWukong - Yesterday

17 by Remkiki »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.