Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 23, 2019 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haruhime looks so fragile this episode...

At least we got some background storytelling about her. I think it's kinda important to understand her character and personality. It didn't doubt me that Bell wants to save Haruhime either.

Aug 23, 2019 9:36 AM

Aug 2019
First minute into the episode and Hestia is already jealous... Damn I love Breastia !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2019 9:41 AM

Apr 2010
Looks like Bell has brought up more trouble then it's worth by going to the red light district.
Though Hermes created part of the trouble.
Now that Ishtar started moving things are getting interesting.
The identity of the one that put the spell in Aisha is clear tho.
Aug 23, 2019 9:58 AM

Aug 2013
Everyone is interested in Bell. Even Ishtar wants to kidnap him. Though I wonder what the relationship between Ishtar and Freya is.

We learned about Haruhime's backstory in this episode

Aug 23, 2019 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
Aisha is pretty bad ass I'd say. She's just jealous of Bell it seems.
Seems like Haruhime has the power to enhance other people which would make her price of purchase sky rocket. I wonder if the Killing Stoen would allow her to power the entire Ishtar family and not just one person.

That freaking cliffhanger though!!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 23, 2019 10:28 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Well considering where Bell's been Hestia's anger is perfectly understandable. Hestia's interrogation though was chilling. So Mikoto's friend that she was looking so hard for was Haruhime. Despite their strength it's unwise to barge into another familia's territory even with good intentions. Syr's displeased face really is quite terrifying. Eina's reactions though was hillarious. Still her briefing about Ishtar familia sure was interesting. The insight into how Mikoto and her comrades met Haruhime was pretty insightful. Looks like freeing Haruhime won't be easy considering how important she seems to Ishtar's plans of starting a war with Freya. Haruhime's power sure is interesting though. Overall an interesting ep that while doing well in showing how Bell's allies reacted to his little foray also did well to expand upon both this arcs main plot as well as Haruhime and Mikoto's shared background.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2019 10:45 AM

Aug 2019
What do you guy's think about that episode ending ? I just cant wait for the next episode... Damn Ishtar look so powerful !!!
Aug 23, 2019 11:01 AM

Nov 2010
All the ladies in Bell's harem getting angry with his visit to the pleasure district lol
Aug 23, 2019 11:28 AM
Nov 2018
That cliffhanger...
Anyway, good episode. My only complaint is that we only see Ais in op, even though she's an important side character. I'm really enjoying this arc and Hermes bending the rules to help but only giving hints
Aug 23, 2019 11:39 AM
Nov 2018
Yeah.. Finally some action in the dungeon!
Aug 23, 2019 11:48 AM

Sep 2014
This arc to me feels way too similar to me with the first one of this season putting aside some differences. Another familia is interested in recruiting Bell by force, another girl that needs to be saved from the same familia and another ambush coming from said familia. At least this time Hermes is heavily involved and the killing stone seems to be an important plot point so I hope this will be different. Also, Haruhime was never part of Bell's team unlike with Lili.
Aug 23, 2019 11:52 AM

Jul 2019
I hope we see Freya Familia in next episodes i really want to see them in combat and i want to knew more about Freya and Ishtar and if the two by chance were fighting it would be good
Aug 23, 2019 11:54 AM

Dec 2011
I want the next episode now :(
I can't wait to see what going to happen.
Aug 23, 2019 12:30 PM

Mar 2017
I knew that slut-of-a-goddess was gonna become a problem! If she fucking touches my son i'll fight the bitch! No one harms Bell and gets away with it! 😤
Aug 23, 2019 12:30 PM
Jan 2016
We leran more about haruhime backstory, now i understand the relationship between haruhime and Mikoto!

Now Ishtar is interesting on Bell and wnat to kidnap her to provoke Freya, i am really interesting in Freya's Familia!

Ishtar made her move, and Aisha at the end attacked Bell, enchanted by Haruhime, it wa skinda obvious, it ended ina clifhanger, can't wait for more!
Aug 23, 2019 12:53 PM

Oct 2017
Well ofc they r going after Bell and another fights gonna break out now. Also shit cliffhanger at the end holy damn gotta wait a week to get next epi.
Aug 23, 2019 1:07 PM
Jan 2018
i just remembered in season 1 there should have been a scene where hermes visited Freya to ask her for permission to approach bell and to beg her not to attack his familia for doing so ,

she agrees of course but she also tells him that her and only her is aloud to 'Play' with him and one of the reasons she agrees even though Hermes could be up to something is that Ishtar is keeping a close eye on her so Freya had to be careful on what she does which should have been a bit of foreshadowing for this part

any look this episode had the dungeon this series is still about the dungeon etc but its not the main focus this season like season 1 , the person that writes the LN has the right to stray away from one aspect of their series to expand on something else and given that they did 5 volumes focusing on that aspect is clear they wanted to freshen it up a bit which is what this series is covering it the dungeon doesn't come back properly till like vol 9 .

i would also like to point out again that bell is adopted and has no blood connection to Zues , season 1 failed to mention that gods cant have kids just because the they are all gods of mythology and the fact the series uses them as inspiration the series doesn't mean they also have the related connections like the real mythology
Mattinator95Aug 23, 2019 1:25 PM
Aug 23, 2019 1:16 PM

May 2018
Oh them Ishtar bitches really do hate them Freya famila, but why do they need to kidnap Bell?????
Aug 23, 2019 1:23 PM

Jul 2017
Bell can't catch a break with all these families on him

At least we got a glimpse back in the dungeon life if only for a short while
Aug 23, 2019 1:27 PM
Sep 2016
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Oh them Ishtar bitches really do hate them Freya famila, but why do they need to kidnap Bell?????

He is just the bait to get Freya to attack them.
Aug 23, 2019 1:31 PM
Aug 2019
Now we have a backstory to understand Mikoto’s relationship with Haruhime which is quite heartwarming. There is also a threat that Istar plans to kidnap Bell, not out of personal interest but to rile Freya up and start a war against her. Pretty similar to the Apollo arc that both gods try to recruit Bell by force and for a nasty purpose, but using him as slave seems to be an even worse fate than joining Apollo. Hermes knows that Bell is in danger and is being a good friend by looking out for Bell and also tries to warn Freya about it, hoping she could intervene. Hermes also talks about a Killing Stone which we have little knowledge of what it is, but is related to Haruhime in some way.

That cliffhanger though, with a bunch of Amazons waiting to ambush Bell and Aisha about to strike Bell. This is about to get intense.

Overall this was a good episode, probably my favorite thus far. Nicely paced, information about Haruhime, foreshadowing of the Killing Stone, another cliffhanger, not much comedy since this episode got pretty serious with the story but again it was good.
Maverick273Aug 23, 2019 1:37 PM
Aug 23, 2019 1:34 PM
Aug 2019
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

Because Freya has an interest in Bell’s power and has been observing him. Since Istar has some grudge on Freya, she thinks that kidnapping him would provoke her and start a war.
Aug 23, 2019 1:34 PM

Feb 2014
I knew that Hestia would be pissed off at Bell for going into the pleasure quarter, but I thought her punishment for bell was a bit on the light side. Ah well, despite that, Bell's still determined to try and save Haruhime.

Same goes for Mikoto, too. The two of them were able to talk to Hermes in an empty pub and found out a way to rescue Haruhime, although with Ishtar finally making her move to catch Bell and desires a war against Freya, it wouldn't be long before the trouble would find Bell again.

And that would happen in the dungeon, which is about damn time we saw Bell and company exploring and killing monsters once again. However, Aisha made her move when Bell was cornered by the lions and, inevitably, the two engaged in battle. Although the battle was short, the animation for it was good. =)

The cliffhanger ending was expected, but I'm still interested in seeing how Bell will try and get out of the predicament he's in this time.
Aug 23, 2019 1:35 PM

Jan 2017
I don't get this obsession for a kid with vitiligo, like, c'mon...
Anyway, this can't be happening again, give him a chance to get out of situations as well.

P.S.
I do like the detail they give to renards though, with her flicking ears and wagging tail.
Aug 23, 2019 2:08 PM

Oct 2012
I dunno... this arc seems weak to me... I'm more interested in what Freya plan is, not really interested in Ishtar.

I hope they really catch him and bring him to her brothel. Would be at least nice twist for further character developement.
Aug 23, 2019 2:15 PM

Dec 2014
I wonder who's more obsessed with saving girls, Bell or Touma from Index...
Aug 23, 2019 2:27 PM

Dec 2015
Overall, I liked the episode. We got some much-needed backstory and why Mikoto and Chigusa were in the red light district. I still want to know how Haruhime's childhood was like up to slavery and how it impacted her. I think I will get some of the answers in the future, but not all of them. I knew Hestia would be mad at Bell for going to that district. I agree with Meta_Yoshi, her punishment was light, but Hestia knew he was telling the truth. I think that's why he got a light punishment. I get the feeling Bell is going to get captured by the Ishtar Familia. I think there might be a war between Freya and Ishtar with the Hestia Familia trying to rescue Bell and Haruhime in the shadows. I like how Eina and Syr got flustered when Bell/Hermes told them Bell went to the red light district.
Aug 23, 2019 2:35 PM
Aug 2019
I’ve decided to stick to watching this as I am really enjoying it after all ^_^

This episode has just confirmed that for me, hook line and sinker ^_^
Aug 23, 2019 3:11 PM

Jun 2017
Nobody points out that Hestia pretty much kept that drug...for reasons ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°).
Aug 23, 2019 4:52 PM

Apr 2013
Freya has the only Level 7, Ottarl in her Familia, i wonder how Ishtar wants to deal with him if it would get down to a war against Freya
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Aug 23, 2019 6:05 PM
Sep 2016
DelusionalUzume said:
Freya has the only Level 7, Ottarl in her Familia, i wonder how Ishtar wants to deal with him if it would get down to a war against Freya

There are actually two Level 7 in the world, Ottar is the only at Orario at the moment though

Ishtar had a decent plan to fight Freya Familia, but part of the plan would only be revealed in Sword Oratoria if it ever gets a season 2.
Aug 23, 2019 6:34 PM

Aug 2018
Ah shit, here we go again : a war or at least a conflict is rising ; no it already begun with the aggression of Bell in fact

I start to regret the casual fights versus monsters in the dungeon. Hoping this new war will not disappoint.
Aug 23, 2019 7:35 PM

Jul 2017
So the person Mikoto was after in the red-light familia, was the same person that Bell met the episode prior. Their backstory is somewhat shrouded in mystery, from the same family from young to unforeseen circumstances growing up and parting ways.

Looks like for the same reasons, another God has their eyes on Bell once again. A familia that's even worse than Apollo's, and if brought another War Game, the consequences are much worse. Nonetheless, it's in Bell's nature to seek help for Haruhime the Renard. And with the warning from Hermes, it's safe to say that the upcoming conflict will be inevitable.

Dat cliffhanger though, Bell would do well to evade the attack.
Aug 23, 2019 7:43 PM
Mar 2015
So Ishtar wants to use Bel to provoke a war with Freya
Aug 23, 2019 7:48 PM
Aug 2016
DelusionalUzume said:

Lol Ishtar had no chance against Freya. her familia is not even top three in Oraria. Ishtar's best fighter is is only level 5 while Freya had army consist of executives of level 6 adventurers. and top of that there's ottar the one and only level 7 in Oraria
Aug 23, 2019 8:15 PM

Dec 2014
Decent episode.

Everyone's angry with Bell for going to the Pleasure Quarter. xD
Hestia did indeed keep the aphrodisiac didn't she?

Bell-kun is in trouble cause Ishtar want to have her way with him. XD
Aug 23, 2019 8:22 PM

Apr 2012
Fine ep but the overall structure is still too simplistic/convenient:
-new character introduced, and luckily Bell meets her face to face
-oh wow incidently Mikoto has been looking for her forever
-atypical damsel in distress
-not really sure we have to save her, but oh no they're gonna kill that poor woman
Aug 23, 2019 9:57 PM

May 2018
Is there going to be another war game? I can't wait to see Freya's action.
Aug 23, 2019 9:59 PM

Mar 2018
Interesting backgroundstory.. Didn't seem like she rejected Mikoto because she's a prostitute now.. I feel like there's more behind that

Aisha won't kill Bell but I think she's going to play an important role here

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Aug 23, 2019 11:06 PM

Oct 2017
Interesting episode,it would be next War Game probably...
Ishtar Family seems powerful,then I've hope that it wouldn't end like previous...
Aug 23, 2019 11:08 PM
Mar 2017
Well, this episode was the beginning of the coming conflict, the Ishtar family finally starts the rabbit hunt, Bell is in a very complicated situation, on one hand he wants to save Haruhime from her life as a prostitute, but this would mean provoke a war game and this time it would be with one of the most powerful families in Orario, but on the other hand the good Hermes and his loose mouth gave Bell and Mikoto a solution to save Haruhime.

Angry Hestia made me laugh, although she believed Bell that he did nothing wrong in the pleasure district, even so she punished the boy.

The flashback of Mikoto was very moving in my opinion, knowing the circumstances in which she joined her old family and also the bond between Haruhime and her group was very cute and adorable, especially that little Haruhime, too adorable. It was sad to see Mikoto cry, especially because she doesn't usually show those emotions.

I was beginning to miss Eina and her warm smile, good that Bell returns to seek help from her, but still I laughed a lot at the reaction she had when Bell told her that he was in the pleasure district.

What relationship did Mama Mia have with Freya? and Syr ?, after that conversation that Hermes had with both, this called my curiosity, also Syr can be quite intimidating if the situation is related to Bell.

Aisha seems to have a good relationship with Haruhime, treats her very well and I can see that occasionally spoils her, but will it really be friendship that exists between them?

The final fight was the spark that started it all, Aisha seems to be strong, but that boost she received from Haruhime gave the Amazon an overwhelming advantage (I think it's quite obvious that it was she who did it), I think I understand the use that gives him the Ishtar family, apart from prostitution, but even then the only thing I want to know is if Bell could run away from Aisha this time or worse if some other Amazon would join the fight.
Aug 24, 2019 12:00 AM

Feb 2014
Lelouch0202 said:
Decent episode.

Everyone's angry with Bell for going to the Pleasure Quarter. xD
Hestia did indeed keep the aphrodisiac didn't she?

Bell-kun is in trouble cause Ishtar want to have her way with him. XD

With indecent familia runing wild XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 24, 2019 4:27 AM

May 2018
mat619 said:
DelusionalUzume said:

Lol Ishtar had no chance against Freya. her familia is not even top three in Oraria. Ishtar's best fighter is is only level 5 while Freya had army consist of executives of level 6 adventurers. and top of that there's ottar the one and only level 7 in Oraria

What's the familia ranking as current novel? Can spoil me?
Aug 24, 2019 8:54 AM

Apr 2015
Well, no surprise Hestia was jealous cause her boy Bell-kun went to the Pleasure Quarter...

Finally back in the dungeons, about damn time XD

The hunt is on, Ishtar really wants Bell-kun.
Aug 24, 2019 11:45 AM
Jan 2019
Good episode! It was amazing. Now everything starts to make sense. Clearly Haruhime's power is to enhance the strength of others, but one at a time, then with the "stone of death," the goddess Ishtar seeks to multiply that power and spread it to all her warriors at once, in that way. , will be more than ready to launch a war against Goddess Freya, considering that most of her warriors are Level 3, her warriors will be super strong, but I deduce that the stone of "death", in exchange for the increase from Haruhime's ability, he will consume his life, that's why the name that bears the stone. But why does Goddess Ishtar have so much hate for Goddess Freya? Goddess of Love? Do not bother, she is only the Goddess of Lust and pleasure.

Wow! I got too excited with the end of the episode, all the information began to connect in an instant. Seeing Haruhime's ability, I see it too difficult, even impossible, for Mikoto and Bell to buy and save Haruhime. A war between families is imminent. This got very exciting!

Ps: Poor Bell, they will sexually abuse him, well, I wouldn't complain about the Amazon women, they are very sexy, except for the repulsive commander of the Ishtar Family, she disgusts me. Good luck, Bell! LOL.
Aug 24, 2019 1:55 PM
Sep 2016
mat619 said:
DelusionalUzume said:

She did had a chance, her entire plan is shown in Sword Oratoria V6 but shit happened (any more would be spoilers)
Aug 24, 2019 2:00 PM
Sep 2016
Gorochu said:
mat619 said:

What's the familia ranking as current novel? Can spoil me?

Loki and Freya are the Top 2, then Ganesha. Ishtar, Hephaestus are other two big Familias. Kali Familia is about Ganeshas level but its from outside Orario. There are other Familias with Level 5, like Ikelos or Thanatos.
Aug 24, 2019 7:29 PM

Aug 2013
Why couldn't MC respond to Haruhime about the prostitute thing :/ Sometimes I hate that meek attitude of his D:

Also, Lili needs to chill out. You are literally 3 feet tall and trying to tell MC not to be a hero. And why is her backback always so large. At least decrease size when you unload equipment!!

Was really digging the pace and feel of the previous episodes, but this one it felt like nothing happened.

Next ep I'm ready for some argonaut princess saving! :p
Aug 24, 2019 8:37 PM

Jan 2016
Of course they had to end it with a cliffhanger lol Oh well... Next episode seems to have some good action :P
THANKS SENPIEX
Aug 25, 2019 1:40 AM

Oct 2008
LOL there's always trouble whenever Bell tries to do something!!
Bell should be named as God of Disorder!
4/5.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2019

192 by waldy713 »»
Sep 25, 12:20 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

123 by waldy713 »»
Sep 25, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

170 by waldy713 »»
Sep 25, 10:37 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2019

127 by waldy713 »»
Sep 25, 10:33 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2019

141 by waldy713 »»
Sep 19, 12:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.