Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 19, 2019 5:13 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh Koharu is back and she is relevant again. Honestly, that girl always gets funny ideas in her head like with the double dates.

She's probably one of the weirdest characters in this show tbh even with cast already being pretty weird.
Aug 19, 2019 6:10 AM

Sep 2018
Lolicon going on loli rehab with his loli-senpai...... Sound ok to me...
well that's just my opinion.....
Aug 19, 2019 6:26 AM
Feb 2009
at the end when Shoma turns the lights a big oof lol
Aug 19, 2019 6:26 AM

Aug 2013
A double date with Koharu, Shoma and Keiki and Sayuki. Good thing Koharu was honest with her confession to Shoma.

Shoma's reaction at the end to seeing pictures of himself lol.

Aug 19, 2019 8:14 AM

Mar 2018
Haha this might as well be the best couple (ship) for now
Lots of ups and downs in one episode ending somewhere between the lines just to take some heavy damage again xD
And of course the girl has to have some weird quirk so perfectly balanced as all things should be

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Aug 19, 2019 8:44 AM

Feb 2014
Damn... almost thinking Koharu might be turning back and having a feeling towards Keiki... Thank you, best girl !
Aug 19, 2019 8:56 AM

Nov 2017
It's not everyday that a harem anime MC has to play cupid for hooking up another side female character with his best friend, so this is quite a refreshing episode for me.......

Anyway, I think it's quite cute of Sayuki to talk while eating Dorayaki ? Taiyaki ? during their bowling session. Anyone else likes seeing her eating during that scene ?
EhurvaksAug 19, 2019 9:01 AM
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
Aug 19, 2019 9:55 AM

Nov 2016
The best episode yet.

And hahaha. The pictures would've creeped me out too.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 19, 2019 10:47 AM

Jun 2017
Farmaceut said:

In before the whole thing backfires lol. At least the stalker thing is out of the bag :D.
Aug 19, 2019 11:10 AM

Sep 2018
MomoSinX said:
Farmaceut said:

In before the whole thing backfires lol. At least the stalker thing is out of the bag :D.

If a had loli-senpai that cute stalking me, i would be 100% ok with it....
well that's just my opinion.....
Aug 19, 2019 11:32 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Shouma is really an idiot...
Aug 19, 2019 1:23 PM

May 2018
Wlep, that ends the Shouma and Otori relationship.......
Aug 19, 2019 1:28 PM

Jul 2014
For a moment I thought Keiki was going to pick his sister fot the date, nothing wrong with that, but I'm glad she picked Sayuki, she's my favorite of the harem. I would have loved more interactions between them though.

Darkness Sayuki, you are boobs.

How the fuck can Shoma self-proclaim to be a lolicon and reject Otori? Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with him!

Ok, the stalker part may be a valid reason.

I liked how Keiki cheered her up. Dammit, they have such good chemistry.
Aug 19, 2019 2:08 PM

Jul 2015
That was a pretty enjoyable episode. i just didn't like what Shoma pulled at the confession, totally BS.
Anyway, hoping for story progression in the future episodes.
Aug 19, 2019 3:54 PM

Apr 2015
This was actually pretty good, I genuinely believed that this could actually work, up to the point were Otori was honest towards Shoma.. however that "I can't date you, cause I am a lolicon" is an utter bullshit reason to not date her, cause no matter how you look at it, she's a loli... sigh.

I thought they could be a nice couple and work it out, up to when Shoma turned on all the lights, yeah I might have been a bit freaked out as well..
Aug 19, 2019 4:44 PM
Nov 2013
Can't put up with this show anymore, it tries way too hard to be funny but is just plain stupid. Not even enough fan service to enjoy it slightly and the only redeemable quality is the art. Dropped
Aug 19, 2019 7:40 PM

Jan 2010
It ended in nothing then, otori almost have the win but after shoma saw the photos he's no going with the rehab thing now.
Aug 19, 2019 7:59 PM

Jan 2013
this episode would be great if it wasnt for the obvious yet unneeded punchline at the end, straight up middle finger to all the stuff (yes even the supremely stupid reason for the rejection) that lead up to "starting out as friends"

Keiki being a wingman for once is a breathe of fresh air for an MC at least
Aug 19, 2019 11:08 PM

Nov 2017
We have 5 episodes left so will the Cinderella be known by the end ?
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
Aug 20, 2019 2:53 AM
Jun 2017
Love this episode... koharu and shoma... well to be honest Shoma didnt do anything wrong here as he really does prefer loli so we cant do anything about it but well atleast he gives the girl a chance by offering FRIENDSHIP... which you know im real life is a FRIENDZONE... Hahaha

And that ending part is 😂😂😂😂 ... if i am shoma , i might run away quickly. Hahaha
Aug 20, 2019 3:09 AM

Jul 2017
So more drama between loli-alike Ootori and Shoma. As needless as such story plot, I think that whatever Ootori wanted to achieve, she sure achieved that. But that ribbon will always be indicative that Shoma's lolicon will trump everything else.

Sayori is just as useless as she is a "pet". Wow oh wow...

In the end...even after Ootori's stalkerish habits come to light, Shoma's best reply is to start being friends...yep, scum of the earth. Keiki being Ootori's wingman was a nice change on the sidelines, but for it being focused on Shoma meant that other characters are not one-off so that's good.

The reason for his lolicon is omitted out in the anime, the manga had that explanation (did anyone ever catch this). Seems that the only way we'll ever know about Shoma's lolicon problem is if the anime ever tried to vouch his reasoning, if not then never mind.
Aug 20, 2019 5:36 AM

Nov 2017
LeSponge said:
Love this episode... koharu and shoma... well to be honest Shoma didnt do anything wrong here as he really does prefer loli so we cant do anything about it but well atleast he gives the girl a chance by offering FRIENDSHIP... which you know im real life is a FRIENDZONE... Hahaha

And that ending part is 😂😂😂😂 ... if i am shoma , i might run away quickly. Hahaha

Don't you know that humans can change their feelings when they have formed a closer relationship with someone ? Now they may be friends, but in the future Shouma might overcome his psychological barrier and accept Koharu and then marry her.

So Koharu has at least a chance, since Shouma doesn't have any other girl he likes at the moment. An example of someone who doesn't have a chance at all in winning the heart of his/her love interest, is Futoshi from Darling in the Franxx, LOL...

Aug 20, 2019 7:42 AM

May 2018
Before watching this episode, I'm talking to myself, if Shouma reject Otori just because she's not the real loli, then he is suck. And... he did ! But fortunately, Kiryuu gave him some words. My bro ! With all of the weird girl he faced all day, Kiryuu still has sanity to do that .

This episode almost been my most favourite, and almost an excellent romance, if not because that curse LAMPS !!! But, if Shouma reject her because of that pictures, then he is good to go, because that's normal.
Aug 20, 2019 10:57 AM

Feb 2014
The path of a Lolicon is a hard one eh? Staying away from FBI and getting not too close to the Loli's is too hard.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Aug 20, 2019 11:50 AM

Jan 2018
as a lolicon myself, not being able to date someone just because they're atleast 1 year older sounds absurd to me. In fact a lolicon is liking "little" girls taking little as petite or small and age has little to do with it. also, IT'S JUST ONE FUCKING YEAR ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME SHOMA. DISGRACE TO ALL LOLICONS
Aug 20, 2019 12:05 PM

May 2017
No way.... they cut off the entire reason why Souma is a lolicon.
WRRRRRRRYY!?

Souma is a lolicon because he got traumatized by a bunch of ara ara sisters as a child.
copyrightRingoAug 21, 2019 4:07 AM
「ボクは…確かに現実に絶望している。だけど、自分には絶望していない!! 今がつまらないか…楽しいのか…平凡なのか…決めているのは現実じゃない。決めるのはボクだ!!ボクが望めば不可能はない!!」-桂木桂馬
"True, I've given up on the real world. However, I haven't given up on myself!! The world doesn't get to decide whether my life is boring, fun, or ordinary because that's my decision to make!! As long as I have the will, nothing is impossible!!" -Katsuragi Keima
Aug 20, 2019 12:50 PM

Jul 2017
copyrightRingo said:
No way.... they cut off the entire reason why Souma is a lolicon.
WRRRRRRRYY!?

Souma is a lolicon because he got traumatized by a bunch of ara ara sisters as a child.

So it's not necessarily that he likes young girls, just that he's afraid of older girls. So when he's 20 he'd rather date the 19yo than the 21yo! That also explains his comment after the picture reveal, not only is the stalking part scary, but it reinforces his thinking that older girls are to be feared.

This makes more sense as there's no two ways about it she is a loli due to her body type.
Aug 20, 2019 5:21 PM

Dec 2009
This episode basically confirmed that the approach taken on the loli/pedo subject is strictly the opinion of the author, and the translations are not entirely at fault.

It's clear that this is another one of those, guys subject to the whims of girls, very typical of romcoms.

The ironic catch of it all is that the absurdity of the girls' issues outweigh any of the guys'. I'm a true lolicon myself, through and through and i even get a lot of respect for my knowledge and resources on the subject... Shouma is not a true lolicon, but a conditioned one, if what @copyrightRingo said is true. Ultimately Shouma's conditioned loliconism is artificially reinforced by the fact that a chibiko (short girl, chibiko =/= loli) whom he almost expanded his horizons into then hammered him down with all the stalker photos haha. Now Keiki has a partner to suffer with at the whims of the crazy girls 👌

The author's impression of lolicon is that it is a reactive psychological condition, and that is particularly refers to younger age (which it sorta does, but not exactly). The subtitles having translated lolicon to pedophile is a fault of not understanding that pedo refers specifically to prepubescent, yadda yadda. The official translations are only half-wrong.

As far as the whole confession/rejection thing, that was kind of what i was waiting for to see what the author thought about the subject, which is not what i really hoped for, but is at least internally consistent. If he rejected and refused, it would mean the author thought lolicon means pedo and that he would refuse romance because of it despite already showing it could work (the problem all in Shouma's head, because thinking age is more than just a number), and if he accepted, it meant the author correctly understood lolicon (though likely shallow) and sold the thing a bit weak. For an ecchi romcom series this is sufficient.

Anyway, tl;dr - the subjects are the opinion of the author not the view of the japanese.
GenesisAriaAug 20, 2019 5:53 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Aug 20, 2019 6:41 PM
Oct 2018
episode full of twists, don't turn on the lights ........ no ... no ... he turned on

Sayuki 💪❤🆙
Aug 20, 2019 6:48 PM

May 2018
Best episode so far, we got some nice romance here compare to the previous episodes which are annoying. Still, why they should make almost all of the girls a pervert? This would be more enjoyable if we can get a proper romance, the previous episodes were truly useless. Please, no incest this time.
EsieEyenAug 20, 2019 6:51 PM

Aug 20, 2019 6:49 PM
Oct 2018
episode full of twists, don't turn on the lights .. no . no . he turned on SAYUKI💜
Aug 20, 2019 9:10 PM

Oct 2008
Different ED this time from TRUE!
i like that ext version of Mia Regina ED on the middle part of this episode...
i like girls with courage to confess but that friend of MC is just a lolicon trash!
4/5.

Aug 20, 2019 11:20 PM
Aug 2016
EsieEyen said:
Best episode so far, we got some nice romance here compare to the previous episodes which are annoying. Still, why they should make almost all of the girls a pervert? This would be more enjoyable if we can get a proper romance, the previous episodes were truly useless. Please, no incest this time.

You should expected this kind of development i meant the story revolves around someone who leaves her underware to the boy she likes. only pervert would pull something like that
Aug 21, 2019 12:11 AM
Apr 2017
If I'm honest, I liked the focus being directed away from Keiki and his pervs to another perv and...another perv. My eyes rolled so much that they ended up in the back of my head at the "let's start off as friends" line (seriously, couldn't you just avoid that bs) but all in all it was a fun episode although at least for now it was mostly pointless since nothing changed.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Aug 21, 2019 2:05 AM

Nov 2018
Koharu is best girl. I love her.
Aug 21, 2019 4:00 AM

Oct 2017
Well lol after all that drama the last part made everythng so hilarious that the heavy mood cleared off and back to the usual love comedy.
Aug 21, 2019 7:18 AM

Sep 2011
Okay, can we just admit that Shoma isn't a lolicon. He is a pedophile.
Aug 21, 2019 10:37 AM

Dec 2014
the opening is so good...this series is really something though
Aug 22, 2019 12:33 AM

Nov 2008
Considering the manga spoiler posted above, I now have a better understanding of Shouma's reasoning for being a (conditioned) lolicon. He's a lolicon out of necessity and trauma, not someone who naturally discovered he was a lolicon.

Therefore, while a lolicon like me would have accepted Otori's feelings in a heartbeat, he has a strong reason to be wary of older girls, and we can't completely forget that Otori had been lying to him the entire time. This certainly triggered a red flag for him, making him even more distrustful of her than if she had been honest with him from the start.

I don't think he was wrong to want to start off with friends with this in mind. He's cautious of her, and while he admits that simply being older than him shouldn't be as much of a problem as he thought (due to his sisters), it was probably hard for him to fully commit to a relationship with someone who had been lying to him from the start.

And now, once he decides to cast aside his doubts and work out his trauma with someone he feels be might actually like... he finds out about her stalker-like nature. Poor boy can't catch a break. Whether a lolicon by nature or by circumstance, he has my sympathy.
Aug 22, 2019 10:37 AM
Jan 2019
But what a touching episode, without neglecting comedy. It was really good, it's one of the best. The bowling part was fun, while Otori's declaration of love to Shoma was sad. That Shoma rejected her, my heart broke a little. I know that Otori is somewhat crazy, but she is very pretty and kind, she didn't deserve to be rejected so coldly. Anyway, at least I'm glad that the matter between the two will end well, and in a funny way, LOL.
Keiki was a good cupid, hahaha, and he's a great friend.
This anime has become one of my favorites this season, I did not imagine it at the beginning.
Aug 24, 2019 2:18 PM

Aug 2019
The only girl I like in this series is Sayuki.

The MC is edgy, and so is 'Shoma'

Aug 25, 2019 3:38 AM

Apr 2018
Shoma is such an ass for turning her down for being older. I was expecting for Koharu to like Keiki lmao
Aug 25, 2019 5:13 AM

Nov 2017
Shirai-chan said:
Shoma is such an ass for turning her down for being older. I was expecting for Koharu to like Keiki lmao
Nah, in the LN

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenAug 26, 2019 3:15 PM

Aug 27, 2019 9:05 PM
Jan 2016
This episode was so damn hilarious, i think was the best episode until now!

Otomi is really cute and beautifull!

Shouma is stupid for recusing her, what is his problem about she being older than him!

Double date was awesome, so crazy ideas!

Last scene was awesome,, Keiki flaming Shouma with Otomi!

Shouma reaction after turning the lights on was priceless!
Sep 2, 2019 2:22 PM
Mar 2015
Painful watching loli get rejected The reveal of her stalking was hilarious
Sep 15, 2019 2:24 AM
Mar 2012
Great episode, proper romance while keeping it funny. Otori getting rejected then be friended was bittersweet. Sayuki had a small win this time.
Nice saxophone osts. I like the trope reversals, Keiki an mc but is such an understanding wingman, while Shoma the irredeemable side rejects one of the better (less insane) characters. After lights on lol, they both need full rehab. Hopefully they eventually become good friends.
Sep 24, 2019 12:05 PM

Feb 2014
What the....

His definition of "Loli/Lolicon" is distorted. To be a loli the age does NOT matter as long as the girl has loli physical characteristics.

Anyway, I know I shouldnt take this for seriously compared to animes focused in romance, but I confess that he rejecting her was disappointing also considering how much she liked him.

The "let's start with being friends" makes it worse in my opinion but oh well... it's such a common thing seeing that statement but I still can't get used/accept it because I see it as a lame excuse to be used to patch things up whenever you reject someone.
TechOtakuSep 24, 2019 12:31 PM
Oct 6, 2019 2:35 AM

Oct 2013
This has been the only wholesome character relationship in the show and it was still some A tier anime bullshit; I love it. And I think this entire arc was a long ass build-up for the punchline at the end. This entire arc was a series of punchlines.

lemme just say one more time that this localization is so fucking good. I suspect the dub is responsible for 95% of my enjoyment of this show and this would be some boring WeirdChamp degeneracy subbed.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 16, 2019 2:34 AM

Aug 2018
Well, this episode is going too wholesome for this show.. I expect it ending in some disappointing way, as usual.. ;p
Yep, Shouma just not accepting Koharu "just because he's lolicon".. ;p As expected, it ends disappointing in this show, I'm not even surprised.. It's the bad thing, in this show.. All characters are too rigid in their perversion, and can't become anything more.. I don't like, how characters are written.. Comedy itself is alright, but characters aren't that great.. It is a possibility that some people can act in one way, but really all the characters in this show act on the "law of perversion", their only kink is being their whole personality.. It's alright, if it's one or two characters.. But this show is only this..
And, thinking about this.. I guess, in other anime it's also like that.. Just in another direction.. Right?.. I mean, if it'd be just normal romantic comedy, not perverted one.. Wouldn't characters be rigid, following same "rules" and "views" of what romance is supposed to be, how they need to act?.. If to think about it, other shows aren't objectively any better.. But key word is "objectively" - no matter, how I try, I can't objectively say that these characters are worse than any other, really.. As majority of characters are following some kind of rigid rules most of the time.. Be it some girl archetype, or shounen protagonist, or whatever.. But I can subjectively say that I don't really like that characters don't go beyond their kinks, really.. Though, someone could like that, and it'd be perfectly fine, really.. In the end, yeah, this thing is just not to my taste.. Though, I like show's comedy and variety of kinks, I guess.. And dislike that characters don't go beyond kinks, and the derpy drawn angles and proportions.. So far, I both have things I like and dislike in anime.. Maybe I'd rate it around 7, for now.. Close to average score it has now, actually..
Feb 4, 2020 2:41 AM

Jul 2015
Shoma you idiot. Koharu would be the perfect girl to date, eternal loli all the way....

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kawaikereba Hentai demo Suki ni Natte Kuremasu ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

120 by TheColonel76 »»
Sep 23, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Kawaikereba Hentai demo Suki ni Natte Kuremasu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HaXXspetten - Sep 16, 2019

101 by TheColonel76 »»
Sep 23, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Best Girl?

Armmine - Sep 2, 2019

24 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Sep 20, 9:56 PM

Poll: » Kawaikereba Hentai demo Suki ni Natte Kuremasu ka? Episode 10 Discussion

SmillieReacts - Sep 9, 2019

33 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Sep 20, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Kawaikereba Hentai demo Suki ni Natte Kuremasu ka? Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2019

60 by The69King420 »»
Sep 12, 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.