Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 19, 2019 9:52 PM

May 2016
i'd like to but i'm scared of falling out of love since i have a problem of doing that with past relationships :/

Jun 20, 2019 1:07 AM
Jul 2018
I don't know. The costs are usually huge for one single day, but I also like the ceremony and idea behind it. It's actually pretty sweet. Also the symbolism of wearing rings is so sweet.
I guess, we'll have a small wedding, if we decide to have one.
Also, you will get legal benefits as well.
Jun 20, 2019 1:11 AM

Nov 2009
As someone who has been screwed in a divorce before, I would absolutely get married again. My past experience has made me smarter about who I choose, and I've been in my current relationship for 4.5 years with no marriage in sight. I've learned the do things at my own pace, communicate about literally everything, and work through dealbreakers with my current significant other. There are things about myself I want to work on before tying the knot, and my significant other feels the same. Oh, that and we've agreed to sign a prenup, so at minimum we want to keep from hurting each other in the event that my second divorce happens.

I find pursuing a relationship to be fulfilling, and sharing my hobby in my current relationship has been an amazing experience that I want to be able to continue, be it with this person or a different one. Someday I want kids that I can also share it with, but ideally I'll adopt them. There's overpopulation of course, and also childbirth scares the piss out of me.
Jun 20, 2019 1:15 AM

Jul 2013
Well, I haven't been in a relationship for over a year so I shouldn't even really be thinking about this buut i'm not against getting married.

I will say though, I don't think marriage is necessary for a committed relationship.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jun 20, 2019 3:47 AM
Jul 2018
yes i want that very much, well the marriage part i don't care, but the making a family one is the one i want. it's just making me sad because i know that 99.9% it will not happen.

ill hang out with anime families, not so bad at all if you ask me :-(
Jun 20, 2019 3:49 AM
Jul 2018
NthDegree said:
Marriage in itself doesn't really mean much to me (it's mainly an economic arrangement and between me and my bf I make the more money anyway), but I want to have a partner to live with. As for kids, I have no big desires, but it would suck to grow old with nobody to take care of me, so I guess getting one or two would be convenient.

how very practical of you :0 this will be a sad ending +__+
Jun 20, 2019 7:13 AM

Oct 2015
maybe if i find the right person... but it's definitely not on my mind right now.
⠀     ‧     ⠀
Jun 20, 2019 7:33 AM

Oct 2018
If I had the economy to and had 0 doubts about my partner.~

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Jun 20, 2019 7:43 AM
Jul 2018
I'm not interested in overpopulating this planet so honestly I can't decide.
Jun 20, 2019 7:55 AM

Feb 2019
Getting married, yeah, I'd like that in the future. Having kids though, gonna pass on that, I probably wouldn't be the kind of father I think a man should be, I'm aware of that, so no kids.
Jun 20, 2019 9:40 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
Marriage, yes.
Children? No.

I don't feel like someone who could take care of a child properly.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Jun 20, 2019 10:44 AM

Oct 2014
If people want to get married and start a family because it makes them happy, good for them!
But for me personally.... Just nope. Never had the wish to get married in my life once and I sure as hell don't plan to marry anyone in the future. It always felt kinda unnecessary to me. If I love my partner I can stay my whole life with them even without marrying them.
And children.... no thanks. I don't know how to handle them and how do you expect me to take care of another human life if I can't even take care of myself most of the time?

Jun 20, 2019 12:37 PM
Jul 2018
I can't even make myself happy, let alone that of another person. So fuck no.
Jun 20, 2019 1:30 PM

Jan 2016
Maybe yes to marriage, but no to kids. However, I've just reached this point in my life where I have realized that I need to focus on myself and my own health more. So I just don't really want to make time for a relationship and for another person in my life. I'm content.
Jun 20, 2019 1:35 PM

Mar 2019
Sphinxter said:
It's largel
Seiya said:

I agree with some of what you said, but what's wrong with monogamy?
Imagine a man so controlling that he would surrender his freedom for the ultimate prize of taking that of another.

For some men, "non-monogamy" doesn't sound like freedom. It sounds like instability. Some people don't get along very well with most people and don't take sexual or romantic partners for granted. If you're like this, monogamy appeals a lot to you because you only need to be liked by one person. You don't have to run around trying to seduce numerous different people.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2019 1:36 PM

Mar 2019
Quite frankly, this thread is really sad. Shows that we're really in trouble. Marriage and family is the foundation of society.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2019 1:59 PM
Jul 2018
if i find someone i'd be willing to spend my life with and they'd be interested in marriage, i would definitely think about it. but as for having kids, i don't want to have any for now. i don't see myself as being a very good parent and i'd be distraught if i did anything wrong for my child.

Ryuk9428 said:
Quite frankly, this thread is really sad. Shows that we're really in trouble. Marriage and family is the foundation of society.

this is actually a very good point. i never realized how important parents are until a high school teacher explained why he thought that parents were the #1 problem in my country, the united states. too many parents with kids get divorced, don't care, don't try to help their kids succeed, or let some other issue like alcoholism or addiction affect their kids. if one generation of parents has those problems, their kids are likely to have those problems too, and so on.

i really want to raise a child who will go on to do great things, but i have my own feelings about being a parent, so i'm conflicted. then again, i'm a college student still learning how the world turns so maybe my mind will change some day.

edit: inb4 this devolves into the tinder matches thread
removed-userJun 20, 2019 3:03 PM
Jun 20, 2019 2:10 PM

May 2009
We're in 2019, we don't need to be married to prove our commitment. Stay together if you'd like, marry or don't marry it's all the same thing.
Jun 20, 2019 2:17 PM

Mar 2019
Ryuk9428 said:
Sphinxter said:
It's largel
Imagine a man so controlling that he would surrender his freedom for the ultimate prize of taking that of another.

For some men, "non-monogamy" doesn't sound like freedom. It sounds like instability. Some people don't get along very well with most people and don't take sexual or romantic partners for granted. If you're like this, monogamy appeals a lot to you because you only need to be liked by one person. You don't have to run around trying to seduce numerous different people.
Why would one "need" to do anything of the sort?

One doesn't even need to do that with one person as far as I know.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Jun 20, 2019 2:35 PM

Aug 2018
Initially, I didn't want to.

However, since dating my boyfriend, getting married later on down the road is inevitable, as our relationship continues to grow. If I'm getting married to anyone, it would be to my best friend (my boyfriend, in this scenario). At least, that's what my dad once told me, "Marry your best friend!"

As for children? I'm on the fence about that. I'm earnestly indifferent towards the idea, but frankly, I don't think I want to have any. It would have to depend on many factors, such as financial support, mental and reproductive health, family values, etc. There's a lot that goes into raising a kid. With him being a twin, that could mean double trouble, as the likelihood of having twins would be bumped up. Eh.
sincerelyacatJun 20, 2019 2:42 PM
╔════════════════ • • ════════════════╗
Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind
I want to get off, but I keep riding the ride
I never really noticed that I had to decide
To play someone's game, or live my own life
- Get Free, Lana Del Rey

╚════════════════ • • ════════════════╝
Jun 20, 2019 3:30 PM
Jul 2018
when i was a bit younger i was in l-word with someone and ended up getting betrayed epicly hard

being a dude and married just means that when that happens your life is over

No Thanks
Jun 20, 2019 4:41 PM
Jul 2018
I am currently. If it fails I don't see myself doing it again.
Jun 20, 2019 5:18 PM

Jul 2017
Ryuk9428 said:

Well at least it gets better in the 2nd and 3rd page :P

OT: Marriage yes. But I'd like to wait until I have a stable source of independence so I'm not always having to rely on my partner all the time (that and the whole find an ideal partner type of thing)

As for kids idk. Lots of social/cultural/religious factors to consider and if my experience tells me anything, I don't want to deal with that bratty/rebellious attitude kids develop in the teen years. Plus there's also the worry of being born with major disabilities, and the increased responsibility that comes with it
Jun 20, 2019 5:36 PM

Oct 2013
Ryuk9428 said:

Yeah, it's sad, but that's how our modern society evolved into in Western culture. I guess in the future marriage's value might return to the shape similar (though modified) to the one it had in the past. From gloryfying it too much through negating it as something impossible might lead eventually to more rational and balanced society's thoughts on marriage which can be profitable to the society as a whole.

@Flevalt , indeed, but some people still don't see it and it's good to give rational, non-biased arguments. If somebody is blind then he/she will live in their own idealised dream. If somebody is open-minded, then he/she will judge whether this situation is good or bad. Objectively it's bad for society in general and very bad (better to say: very awful) for males.
Jun 20, 2019 7:02 PM

Jun 2012
Veronin said:
Me and my girlfriend are planning to get married next spring, so yes. I'm 26 now, not a teenage incel.

Honestly thank you. I'm reading these posts and like "wow so edgy, very cool. Lone wolf archetype". My boyfriend of 4 years and I openly discuss marriage, we're just waiting until we can afford it to even get engaged.
Jun 20, 2019 7:08 PM

Mar 2019
Adnash93 said:
Ryuk9428 said:

Yeah, it's sad, but that's how our modern society evolved into in Western culture. I guess in the future marriage's value might return to the shape similar (though modified) to the one it had in the past. From gloryfying it too much through negating it as something impossible might lead eventually to more rational and balanced society's thoughts on marriage which can be profitable to the society as a whole.

@Flevalt , indeed, but some people still don't see it and it's good to give rational, non-biased arguments. If somebody is blind then he/she will live in their own idealised dream. If somebody is open-minded, then he/she will judge whether this situation is good or bad. Objectively it's bad for society in general and very bad (better to say: very awful) for males.

I'd say the deterioration of marriage really began with the super high rates of divorce. Too many people thought it would be easier to just end their marriage than to fix it and because divorce is so common now, a lot of people don't grow up in a stable family and really understand the tremendous benefit that that provides. This goes along with what @epi2728 said about how there's too many parents who are putting themselves first when they should be putting their children first.

I'm not sure if "No fault divorces" are really a good idea. I think that parents who get divorced need a good reason to do it. But at the same time I worry that eliminating no fault divorce could encourage some people to falsely accuse their spouse of abuse in order to get a divorce.
Jun 20, 2019 8:09 PM

Mar 2013
Tbh I don't want to get involve in getting marriage. Knowing the fact providing their needs and wants are not easy as what the parents did to us. I want to spend my whole life discovering and prioritizing something worthy and special.
Jun 20, 2019 10:28 PM
May 2014
No, i want to live alone forever with my games and anime.
Now I'm not sure when I'm gonna stop watching anime but I'll try to keep gaming till I'm 50 (27 atm).
The worst part is i never felt the need for a girlfriend so the problem is probably me lol
XXlllJun 20, 2019 10:32 PM
Jun 20, 2019 10:42 PM

Sep 2015
Ryuk9428 said:
I'd say the deterioration of marriage really began with the super high rates of divorce. Too many people thought it would be easier to just end their marriage than to fix it and because divorce is so common now, a lot of people don't grow up in a stable family and really understand the tremendous benefit that that provides. This goes along with what @epi2728 said about how there's too many parents who are putting themselves first when they should be putting their children first.

I'm not sure if "No fault divorces" are really a good idea. I think that parents who get divorced need a good reason to do it. But at the same time I worry that eliminating no fault divorce could encourage some people to falsely accuse their spouse of abuse in order to get a divorce.

Right on the money here.

After the second wave feminism movement of the 1960s, divorce rates skyrocketed (along with marriages, to be fair). Although women gained more independence and equality in the movement, which they rightfully deserved, this brought along a bit of the me-first mentality in relationships. What came along with women's independence was ultimately the freedom to escape whatever they deemed to be a faulty marriage. The problem here is that any semblance of hardship or disagreement with their husband would result in a divorce, because women felt like they could choose to do what they pleased now. I think the shift from family first mentality to independence and equality first mentality has kind of destabilized traditional family structure.

Divorces and unstable families really fuck kids up mentally.
Jun 20, 2019 10:49 PM

Mar 2019
Marco__B said:
Ryuk9428 said:

Right on the money here.

After the second wave feminism movement of the 1960s, divorce rates skyrocketed (along with marriages, to be fair). Although women gained more independence and equality in the movement, which they rightfully deserved, this brought along a bit of the me-first mentality in relationships. What came along with women's independence was ultimately the freedom to escape whatever they deemed to be a faulty marriage. The problem here is that any semblance of hardship or disagreement with their husband would result in a divorce, because women felt like they could choose to do what they pleased now. I think the shift from family first mentality to independence and equality first mentality has kind of destabilized traditional family structure.

Divorces and unstable families really fuck kids up mentally.

I agree with a lot of what you said here. I think too many people view marriage as being like, only slightly more of a commitment than a relationship when it should be considered a giant leap. Or you have people that are always on the lookout for something better and think "well if it doesn't work out we can always get divorced." I look at marriage, however, as a statement saying that you promise to build a life together and that you're no longer going to operate as two people but as one person. Backing out of that promise should not come lightly at all.
Jun 21, 2019 12:17 AM

Jun 2019
No, I'm aromantic. Not asexual, but definitively aromantic (and to the best of my knowledge, always have been) and don't desire a long-term relationship with anyone.
Jun 21, 2019 2:23 AM

Mar 2019
EvilUnicorn said:
@Adnash93 @Ryuk9428 @Marco__B

Marriage is a religious and patriarchal institution and a contract.
As religion loses foothold to atheism(Thank GOD) and with our current progressive culture that emphasizes equality I think that Marriage is OUTDATED.

Marriage has history of discrimination against gay people and it still does in many countries, and against women(thankfully in the west thanks to FEMINISM and activism things are much better than they once were, not so much in middle east.)

It is also very limiting (there are no polyamorous marriages)
Not to mention that is completely pointless since you can be in relationship of your choosing(Monogamous, Gay, Polyamourous, Open) without getting married.
Which I think is much healthier.💖💖

So it is time we demolish one of the last bastions of patriarchy Marriage and embrace freedom and equality.😎
PS We can still keep CEREMONIES they are so much FUN😜

Marriage doesn't discriminate against gay people, otherwise they wouldn't have fought so hard for the right to be married.

Things are not better than they were. Not by a long shot. There's no relationship stability anymore. Half of the population fails to find a stable, life-long partner. The rate of single motherhood has climbed to about 35-40% in the US now. Failing to achieve a stable relationship that lasts for life is the norm now. Most children are either growing up in single parent households or witness their parents getting divorced. Studies show that children who grow up in single parent households or in divorced households are more likely to commit crimes and go to prison, more likely to get into fights at school, more likely to drop out in high school, more likely to have substance abuse issues, more likely to be abused as a child, more likely to be impoverished, and more likely to suffer from depression and commit suicide.

The most positive life outcome is associated with children who grow up with two biological parents raising them. That's the healthiest family you can have. Progressives are too obsessed with the idea of absolute freedom to do whatever they want to do and if anybody brings up the consequences, they just want to deny that those consequences exist.

This is why we really could use more religion in society now. I'm not even all that religious myself but I can't help but think that people have just gotten too selfish now that religion isn't influencing people's lives anymore.
Jun 21, 2019 3:02 AM

Mar 2019
EvilUnicorn said:
@Adnash93 @Ryuk9428 @Marco__B @traed @Krayken @--ALEX-- @Rei366 @Timz0r @AncapAnimeGod @Thanakos @Sphinxter @TheDragonoid @Ren-Amamiya @alaneCN @QPR

As religion loses foothold to atheism(Thank GOD) and with our current progressive culture that emphasizes equality I think that Marriage is OUTDATED.

Marriage has history of discrimination against gay people and it still does in many countries, and against women(thankfully in the west thanks to FEMINISM and activism things are much better than they once were, not so much in middle east.)

Not to mention that is completely pointless since you can be in relationship of your choosing(Monogamous, Gay, Polyamourous, Open) without getting married.

So it is time we demolish one of the last bastions of patriarchy Marriage and embrace freedom and equality.😎

Marriage was a concession of the patriarchy. Historically marriage was purely in the interest of the female party because they had no other means of independent income. Marriage historically was a financial support contract where a male was required to financially support a female ere the former were allowed to have sexual relations with the latter.

This is why the Bible contains odd language that præscribes that rape if a male rape a female, the latter can demand the former marry him because marriage at the time was business, not love.

Ryuk9428 said:

Marriage doesn't discriminate against gay people, otherwise they wouldn't have fought so hard for the right to be married.

Obviously what is meant is that same-sex marriage was historically not allowed...

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Jun 21, 2019 4:42 AM

Feb 2019
Ryuk9428 said:

The most positive life outcome is associated with children who grow up with two biological parents raising them. That's the healthiest family you can have. Progressives are too obsessed with the idea of absolute freedom to do whatever they want to do and if anybody brings up the consequences, they just want to deny that those consequences exist.

I don't think 'progressives' wanna deny any consequences exist in and of itself, they just think those consequences don't come close to comparing to the results of denying people the ability to divorce or same-sex partners to marry. It's much more a matter of what one values, so taking people's right to decide for themselves would be a mistake, since there isn't a single answer for everyone. Some will think that it's better to stick with someone they don't like for the well-being of their children, others will think that raising a child in a loveless home is much worse than putting them through a divorce.

As someone who grew surrounded by a cold and loveless marriage until my mother's death, I can tell you I would've much preferred that my parents had divorced instead. Of course, in a perfect world, every children would have parents who love each other, but that's an utopia. I personally think the effects a forced continuation of marriage can have on kids far outweight the consequences of a divorce.

This is why we really could use more religion in society now. I'm not even all that religious myself but I can't help but think that people have just gotten too selfish now that religion isn't influencing people's lives anymore.

What religion are we talking about here? There are poligamous religions such as mormonism. There are marriage-less religions such as some indigenous religions of Latin America. I get it, you're probably referring to judaic-christian practices but I'm just trying to show there isn't a consensus on marriage across religions, so it's a slippery slope defending the return of religious beliefs on a supposedly secular system of contracts, for it is mostly a civil matter that must embrace every citizen wishing to do so.
Jun 21, 2019 5:09 AM

Mar 2019
Ryuk9428 said:

Do you have anything to back this up because I have much to back up the opposite:

https://whatweknow.inequality.cornell.edu/topics/lgbt-equality/what-does-the-scholarly-research-say-about-the-wellbeing-of-children-with-gay-or-lesbian-parents/

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/wellbeing/children-single-mothers-choice-fare-just-well-two-parents/

I find it hard to believe that biological relationship plays a role...? how could it really? That seems like an extremely far-fetched idea. How could biological relationship possibly have positive or negative outcome? I could see two parents instead of one or different genders having a positive outcome but if one says that two is better than one why is three not better than two then? Is there any argument that you can make why two is the optimum?

Remember that in primordial times human beings did not have nuclear families; they lived in extended-family tribes where children were raised by the entire tribe and the identity of the biological paternal parent was in general a mystery because the human reproductive system ofbuscates that seemingly by design.

— Bertrand Russell
Jun 21, 2019 6:11 AM

Feb 2019
Mostly likely yes if i can get a good job and my partner is fine with me having it. But my family would probably pressure me to get married asap
FlamexesJun 21, 2019 6:31 AM
Jun 21, 2019 6:41 AM

Dec 2013
Lol
I don't even date how much more getting married 😂😂😂
And I'm getting old.

But I don't know if I want to get married because I could see a lot of broken relationships.....

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jun 21, 2019 6:53 AM

Mar 2016
Being a rapist is less stressful than getting married

Ne: Dreamy Kid
Fi: Edgelord
Te: Shit-talker
Si: Borderline OCD
Jun 21, 2019 6:57 AM

Feb 2016
personally no. but my family force me to do so since I'm at mid 20s right now
Jun 21, 2019 10:18 AM

Aug 2018
EvilUnicorn said:
@Adnash93 @Ryuk9428 @Marco__B @traed @Krayken @--ALEX-- @Rei366 @Timz0r @AncapAnimeGod @Thanakos @Sphinxter @TheDragonoid @Ren-Amamiya @alaneCN @QPR

I have no idea what kind of make-believe fairy tale you live in, but even normal relationships are a waste of time and money here in our society these days. Why should give I give up everything for your average woman that fakes pretty much everything ranging from her looks to her personallity. Our society is doomed.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Jun 21, 2019 12:17 PM

Mar 2019
Aastra343 said:
Ryuk9428 said:

I don't think 'progressives' wanna deny any consequences exist in and of itself, they just think those consequences don't come close to comparing to the results of denying people the ability to divorce or same-sex partners to marry. It's much more a matter of what one values, so taking people's right to decide for themselves would be a mistake, since there isn't a single answer for everyone. Some will think that it's better to stick with someone they don't like for the well-being of their children, others will think that raising a child in a loveless home is much worse than putting them through a divorce.

As someone who grew surrounded by a cold and loveless marriage until my mother's death, I can tell you I would've much preferred that my parents had divorced instead. Of course, in a perfect world, every children would have parents who love each other, but that's an utopia. I personally think the effects a forced continuation of marriage can have on kids far outweight the consequences of a divorce.

What religion are we talking about here? There are poligamous religions such as mormonism. There are marriage-less religions such as some indigenous religions of Latin America. I get it, you're probably referring to judaic-christian practices but I'm just trying to show there isn't a consensus on marriage across religions, so it's a slippery slope defending the return of religious beliefs on a supposedly secular system of contracts, for it is mostly a civil matter that must embrace every citizen wishing to do so.

Well I also think its important for the parents to really try and fix whatever is going on in their marriage and that might involve forgiving some past misdeeds (as long as they aren't too serious), letting certain things that annoy you go, or various other sacrifices.

Even the Mormons found out that polygamy is a disastrous marriage model and banned it from their communities under threat of excommunication. Polygamy still happens sometimes, but its illegal and those people can get excommunicated from the Mormon church if they were found out.

@Sphinxter

I never said anything about having an opposition to gay marriage. Marriage isn't inherently discriminatory against gay people anymore than education is inherently discriminatory against blacks or women because they historically weren't allowed to be educated.

You don't have to read the whole article, but this article basically shows that all family disruption, single parenthood, divorce, and step families are all associated with major negative consequences for the children.

https://prospect.org/article/consequences-single-motherhood

There's also these graphs worth looking at...

http://marripedia.org/_media/effects_of_single_parenthood_on_poverty_children_in_poverty.png

https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/figure2_marriagemobility.png

http://marripedia.org/_media/received_mostly_as.jpg?w=500&tok=c4bd42
Jun 21, 2019 12:38 PM

Mar 2019
Ryuk9428 said:
I never said anything about having an opposition to gay marriage. Marriage isn't inherently discriminatory against gay people anymore than education is inherently discriminatory against blacks or women because they historically weren't allowed to be educated.
Obviously historic educational institutions and opportunities were discriminative against whomever they allowed not in that nature.

You don't have to read the whole article, but this article basically shows that all family disruption, single parenthood, divorce, and step families are all associated with major negative consequences for the children.

https://prospect.org/article/consequences-single-motherhood
And that research does not control for the by-choice or not by-choice part whereas the one I linked does.

Essentially for all you know it shows that it is divorce and family breakthat leads to this.

This graph implies that the children of "single fathers" that were never married are doing better than cohabitating two-parent structures.

Apart from that none of these graphics say anything about the biological relationshi and don't control for choice whereas my graphs do.

— Bertrand Russell
Jun 21, 2019 1:05 PM

Oct 2013
@EvilUnicorn , no offense, but your post looked like those texts from that meme about certain type of posts in which everything looked like as if it was copy-pasted multiple times and slightly modified to look original. ;D Claiming that religion and so called patriarchate are obstacles for equality and freedom while praising Western aggressive feminist groups (they are louder than those who are less radical and are actually doing something good, though modern feminism in general is a cancerous ideology that mocks everything that suffragettes fought for and even 1st wave's feminism as well, kinda) is funny. It's like swapping main hand's gangrene with leg's gangrene. Situation slightly changes, but gangrene (a problem) is still present. What I'm saying is that slogans such as "hurr muh atheism religion bad patriarchate equality" and so on are outdated. In the Revolutionary France and in the USSR we had already seen what happens when one group wants to "convince" everyone (by force, mostly) that their traditional values are utterly bad and pushes its own demands. Just to justify everything with "equality and freedum".

Besides, shapes of marriage differ even inside of Western civilization's countries, not to mention they differ a lot of we look at the whole planet and how many different cultures, religions and political systems exist. In example in some African cultures marriage definitely favors matriarchal system of values; some cultures treat marriage purely as a secular act similar to a complex agreement between two sides.

(if it was a bait then damn, it seems I fell for it)

@Aastra343 , maybe @Ryuk9428 referred to general lack of values in modern societies? Or to them having smaller and smaller role in the life of people who can't by themselves control their own instincts and turn their fake individualism into blind hedonism and selfishness? That can lead into tearing off a subjectivity of a human being and turn society into isolated herd being pushed onward by trends instead of having abilities to think by themselves. I understood his post like that. I also explained it further for you what I thought that @Ryuk9428 had in mind, but to be honest I would like o know whether I understood his point correctly or not. ;p The fact it applied to Judeo-Christian ideas is not surprising, because in general, with few small exceptions like you mentioned in your post, it's dominant in Western world we are talking about.
AdnashJun 21, 2019 1:08 PM
Jun 21, 2019 1:49 PM

Aug 2018
EvilUnicorn said:
I don't understand how is dating someone equal to giving up everything.
It sounds like you had a bad experience in the past that doesn't mean that all women are bad.
I don't think it's fare to generalize half of human population based on few bad apples.

And if you still think that all women are evil and out to get you then your no better then those feminist who think that all men are evil and bad.
I don't think guilt by association is fare for anyone.

In case you don't know yet; our society revolves around gynocentrism. Males are being used as replaceable plow horses, nothing more, nothing less while the woman get's treated as queens by daddy gouverment. No need to try to shame me for that I just encountered some bad expierences and some bad woman. I'm pretty sure as you get a bit older you'll do just the same as pretty much every woman untill you approach 'The Wall' yourself.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Jun 21, 2019 2:01 PM

Oct 2013
EvilUnicorn said:
Religions are objectively bad, because they indoctrinate people, spread misinformation(they are debunked by modern science), are responsible even to this day for oppression of gay people, women, and intellectuals.
I really don't think there is a place for barbaric bronze age belief systems in progressive 21 century.

And feminism or any other mass movement is not about indoctrination and fighting or discriminating those who disagree, eh? xD It must be because of its definition that doesn't tell us about such things!

And of course every religion as ideology is different than peaceloving feminism and is worse, because it is like that!!1oneone

Sarcasm off, but i.e. Buddhists alone would completely disagree with you.

Bear in mind you offended perhaps a lot of religious people by your post. It's not good for "fighting for equality", you know, by sharing your views via attacking others.

Vast definition to say who is a good feminist and who is a bad one is not an argument either. Communism was about freedom for working masses and equality in sharing with each other means of production via common ownership. Sounds good for a child too much naive to know how the world looks like in reality, but I bet those killed by totalitarian communism would disagree with calling this ideology as good. Radical example and in bigger, unreliable scale than feminism, but you can also see nowadays many people protecting that kind of thinking by claiming that those who committed such atrocities "were not true communists", while they did what communism was about in its mature form.

Dunno why I replied to this post anyway. You are clearly a troll who baits people for fun. Or there is a possibility you are so much indoctrinated that you lost contact with reality and only repeat learned slogans over and over again. Whatever, I'm not interested in knowing nor continuing this topic leading to a massive offtop by the way. Peace out.
AdnashJun 21, 2019 2:07 PM
Jun 21, 2019 2:16 PM
Jul 2018
I don't want a relationship in general, so no, I'm not going to get married. As for having children, I hate pain, and that makes up childbirth a good bit, so if I do change my mind on that(which might happen) I'm adopting a child.
Jun 21, 2019 2:41 PM
Jul 2018
Timz0r said:
EvilUnicorn said:
I don't understand how is dating someone equal to giving up everything.
It sounds like you had a bad experience in the past that doesn't mean that all women are bad.
I don't think it's fare to generalize half of human population based on few bad apples.

And if you still think that all women are evil and out to get you then your no better then those feminist who think that all men are evil and bad.
I don't think guilt by association is fare for anyone.

In case you don't know yet; our society revolves around gynocentrism. Males are being used as replaceable plow horses, nothing more, nothing less while the woman get's treated as queens by daddy gouverment. No need to try to shame me for that I just encountered some bad expierences and some bad woman. I'm pretty sure as you get a bit older you'll do just the same as pretty much every woman untill you approach 'The Wall' yourself.
What an odd take. Why do you think our society is gynocentric? Isn't the government ran by mostly men? I mean we have yet to even have a female president(USA).
Jun 21, 2019 2:58 PM

Aug 2018
Peaceful_Critic said:
What an odd take. Why do you think our society is gynocentric? Isn't the government ran by mostly men? I mean we have yet to even have a female president(USA).

Mainly because of laws of divorce, crime allegations (if a man does a crime he commited, he get's jail, but if a woman does the same crime "she has a future" to spare), woman can rely on child support as an extra income, ... There are so many examples. Once you go through the rabbit hole, there's no point of return.

Gouverments are indeed run by mostly men, but those really have no clue how woman truly operate. Womans do their actions based on their emotions while men rely more on being rational. It's been proven again and again.
Jun 21, 2019 3:13 PM

Aug 2018
EvilUnicorn said:
Timz0r said:

Please don't tell me your one of those MGTOW losers.
They are nothing more then incels in denial.
They are such a joke that even incels are making fun of them.

And visit https://www.reddit.com/r/IncelTears/ site for further help.

Your shaming tactics don't harm me. I'm not "MGTOW". On some subjects they are wrong aswell. Those dudes don't understand for example the value of the Sexual Market Place. The same with those whiny 'incels'. I feel sorry for those guys aswell, but I can understand their anger. I was young and misunderstood aswell.

If any, yes I'm red pilled. I do understand female nature, but I won't hate them for them. We all have our own flaws. We're still a hairless bipedal monkey that barely left the savannah in Africa.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» スキンケア事は男性にとって必要でしょうか? is skin care necessary for men ?

ISeeLifePeople - Yesterday

13 by Yuno »»
39 minutes ago

» Why do people feel bored ? どうして人間は退屈を感じるのでしょうか?

ISeeLifePeople - 45 minutes ago

2 by rohan121 »»
43 minutes ago

Poll: » do you even watch anime like how you used to?

removed-user - Today

19 by Serafos »»
48 minutes ago

» I believe in solipsism. Is that crazy?

purple_rayn - 6 hours ago

15 by Serafos »»
55 minutes ago

» How often do you go to the gym or workout in general?

ZakuF_ - 6 hours ago

9 by Serafos »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.