New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 11, 2019 4:32 PM

Jan 2018
It's nothing deep or anything, but I've always found this speech epic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbS_p7-WQkM
and also Dr. Hiluluk's speech
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH1C86DKwgw
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2019 4:34 PM

Nov 2018
My favorite speech in anime is easily the one Erwin gave in AOT s3p2.
Jun 11, 2019 4:35 PM

Oct 2017
GlennMagusHarvey said:
Hikki_a1 said:

Who is this speech by you never specified?
Oh, sorry.

This is from Kiddy Grade. The speaker is

No need to be sorry, it's perfectly ok :DDD
Jun 11, 2019 4:36 PM

Oct 2017
SpicyMonkey said:
My favorite speech in anime is easily the one Erwin gave in AOT s3p2.

Erwin is the GOAT. He is one of the best characters when it comes to motivation.
Jun 11, 2019 4:38 PM

Oct 2017
Greyleaf said:
Hikki_a1 said:
One of my favourite speech in anime is from Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo during one of the last episodes. The speech was said by Kamiigusa Misaki and it was really amazing and emotional T^T

Pretty much came here to say this. I got my start as a musician playing a local coffeehouse, but it was unfortunately shut down in early 2014. During the four years that I frequented that place, it became more of a home to me than my actual home. It was like a haven for artists- a place where I felt accepted by everyone. The owner went to court over some legal issues after he brought a partner in (the partner had ill intentions and wanted to steal the company for her own gain), but myself, along with the other regulars appeared at every court meeting to back him up. The similarities between their plea to save Sakura Hall and our efforts to defend our beloved coffee shop were strikingly similar, so that episode really hit me hard. So yeah, even though the situations weren't entirely the same, I have really personal reasons for considering that my favorite speech in all of anime as well. ^_^

That episode was very emotional, it made me cry like a baby T^T
Jun 11, 2019 4:39 PM

Oct 2017
AayushBhai said:
It's nothing deep or anything, but I've always found this speech epic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbS_p7-WQkM
and also Dr. Hiluluk's speech
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH1C86DKwgw

Both of these are very good, especially the Lelouch one. I got goosebumps and the chills whilst hearing it.
Jun 11, 2019 5:14 PM

Nov 2013
Ushii's speech to Tora in Juuni Taisen is definitely my favorite.
I couldn't find a video without subtitles, sorry.
ColtBuntlineJun 11, 2019 5:21 PM
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jun 11, 2019 5:16 PM

Oct 2008
ef a tale of melodies - Yuuko Amamiya confession before Yuu Himura.

Mikasa Ackerman - s2 Mikasa tells Krista what really matters to her.

Koko Hekmatyar - s2 I will seal the sky speech

Charlotte - Otosaka Yuu almost abandoning his mission

3-gatsu no Lion - Kiriyama Rei shares how he made a deal, which he has to live with

Densetsu no Yuusha no densetsu - Ryner Lute leaves Sion after apologising

Youjo senki - last episode

And a few others.
Jun 12, 2019 6:55 AM

Oct 2017
KRKodama said:
Ushii's speech to Tora in Juuni Taisen is definitely my favorite.
I couldn't find a video without subtitles, sorry.

Eventhough I haven't seen the anime that was pretty good. Nice choice!
Jun 12, 2019 9:09 AM

Jan 2010
Any emotional and dramatic shit Commanders said to his troops before sending them to their death.

Examples:
Erwin Smith's before every expedition outside the wall
Ichinose Guren's before battle in Nagoya
Jun 12, 2019 9:10 AM

Oct 2017
zieek said:
ef a tale of melodies - Yuuko Amamiya confession before Yuu Himura.

Mikasa Ackerman - s2 Mikasa tells Krista what really matters to her.

Koko Hekmatyar - s2 I will seal the sky speech

Charlotte - Otosaka Yuu almost abandoning his mission

3-gatsu no Lion - Kiriyama Rei shares how he made a deal, which he has to live with

Densetsu no Yuusha no densetsu - Ryner Lute leaves Sion after apologising

Youjo senki - last episode

And a few others.

I forgot a lot of things like the speech in Charlotte and AoT lol.
Jun 12, 2019 9:11 AM

Oct 2017
Shicchi said:
Any emotional and dramatic shit Commanders said to his troops before sending them to their death.

Examples:
Erwin Smith's before every expedition outside the wall
Ichinose Guren's before battle in Nagoya

Nice! Erwin's speech was amazing ^^
Jun 12, 2019 9:29 AM

Dec 2014
Pain's speech on the meaning of pain and the cycle of vengeance is pretty good. There's a reason why he's the best villain in his show.
Kira Yoshikage gave a great one during his introduction.

Those are all I can remember for now.
Jun 12, 2019 11:31 AM

Oct 2017
desusama said:
Pain's speech on the meaning of pain and the cycle of vengeance is pretty good. There's a reason why he's the best villain in his show.
Kira Yoshikage gave a great one during his introduction.

Those are all I can remember for now.

Glad to hear that you agree with my choice :D

Pain is the best villain in Naruto ^^
Jun 12, 2019 2:32 PM
Jun 2019
Reinharto-sama laying down the law:

Jun 12, 2019 2:35 PM

Jan 2018
I have to watch this video everyday
or i die
instantly
Jun 12, 2019 2:41 PM

Oct 2018
Obviously this masterpiece. Thank you Emiya Shirou-kun.
Jun 12, 2019 3:34 PM

Oct 2017
kudo4869 said:
Obviously this masterpiece. Thank you Emiya Shirou-kun.

The best quote of anime. Such a deep meaning lol.

But seriously the line that Shirou Emiya says could have an alternate deep meaning which we are unaware off.
Jun 12, 2019 4:43 PM
Jul 2018
first one that comes to mind, also king rikus speech from one piece ep 727 but the only vid i can find from it is in spanish subs
removed-userJun 12, 2019 4:52 PM
Jun 12, 2019 5:16 PM
Jul 2018
wildhood said:
The one Erwin made in Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2.

I'm going to have to go with this too. I can't recall any others atm.
Jun 12, 2019 8:07 PM

Dec 2017
"I'm not gonna feel sorry for you. If you don't like feeling pain, then you can just sit here and let them kill you! Crying isn't going to solve anything either! You hate yourself, don't you? That's why you hurt others. Deep down you know you suffer more when you cause someone else pain... than if you just let yourself get hurt. But Shinji, that was your decision, so it makes it a valid choice. That's what you wanted. So, that makes it worthwhile. Stop lying to yourself and realize that you *do* have options. Then... accept the choices you've made."

"But you're not me! You don't know what I have to go through! You don't understand!"

"So fucking what if I'm not you! That doesn't mean it's okay for you to give up! If you do, I'll *never* forgive you as long as I live! God knows I'm not perfect, either. I've made tons of stupid mistakes, and later I regretted them. And I've done it over and over again, thousands of times; a cycle of hollow joy and vicious self-hatred. But even so, every time I learned something about myself. Please Shinji, you've got to pilot the EVA and settle this once and for all... for your own sake. Find out why you came here; why you exist at all! Answer your own questions. And when you've found your answers, come back to me. I'll be waiting for you."

This exchange always gets me

I'll keep wishing for a world where you can be happy.

Jun 12, 2019 9:37 PM

Jan 2019
crosswrm said:
Right now is the last one Erwin did in SNK. Other than that, Kaiki's soliloquy and his speech to Nadeko in Monogatari are awesome as well.

I cannot put youtube videos inside the spoilers code?

+1 for kaiki deshu speech. everytime he speaks like that make me shiver
Jun 12, 2019 10:27 PM

Nov 2011
Oregairu (Hachiman) and Fate/Zero (Kiritsugu, Rider) had some great speeches.
Glad someone mentioned Mayuri's speech about perfection (Bleach), it was really great indeed..
Near's speech to Light in the end of Death Note was great too..
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Jun 12, 2019 10:55 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Hahahaha. So I remember I was so moved by the speech in Gundam War in the Pocket that I considered doing it as a monologue for a theatre audition (my FIRST theatre audition). I found a transcript of it and read it through, only to realize that it was full of some obvious anime lingo.

Instead of finding a monologue from a regular play like a good theatre student, I was determined to do an anime monologue and hope when I said whatever title the monologue I'd pick was from, no one would be the wiser. I just wasn't connecting to all the monolgues from plays at that time, but figured if it was from an anime, it'd be my little secret, and that would be enough for me to reeeeally have fun with it.

But yeah, no. I picked this (Mayuri's Perfection speech from Bleach). Actually, I did the Japanese version translated, but here's the English version:

The text of the Japanese version (this is the one I auditioned with though with some edits):

So. I know nothing about Mayuri. Hell, I hardly know that much about Bleach itself. I mean I've watched some episodes and read some chapters, but I don't think I ever got far enough to reach Mayuri. I was just looking up anime monologues, found this and thought, "Omg. This is EXACTLY how I feel right now, except about my art and my craft". I felt the NEED to do it.

In one way, since I knew nothing, that was a really good thing because I was able to do the speech however I wanted without thinking, "That's not how blah blah blah did it". Sure, I watched a clip of when the speech was being given, but it was out of context kinda. I didn't try to imitate his voice or anything, and I think I ended up changing a few words or omitting lines so people weren't like, "Wtf?" In fact, I think I did the monologue in a different way than the video.

It was ALL good... until I actually had to stand there in front of all those people and say, "I'll be doing a monologue from Bleach as Mayuri". And someone asked, "Is it a play?" I didn't dare say it was an anime, I just said, "It's a TV Show. :U" I did get a call back though, so hey.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jun 13, 2019 12:25 AM

Feb 2015
The answer will always be Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
Jun 13, 2019 9:27 AM

Oct 2017
Tahmmeow said:
"I'm not gonna feel sorry for you. If you don't like feeling pain, then you can just sit here and let them kill you! Crying isn't going to solve anything either! You hate yourself, don't you? That's why you hurt others. Deep down you know you suffer more when you cause someone else pain... than if you just let yourself get hurt. But Shinji, that was your decision, so it makes it a valid choice. That's what you wanted. So, that makes it worthwhile. Stop lying to yourself and realize that you *do* have options. Then... accept the choices you've made."

"But you're not me! You don't know what I have to go through! You don't understand!"

"So fucking what if I'm not you! That doesn't mean it's okay for you to give up! If you do, I'll *never* forgive you as long as I live! God knows I'm not perfect, either. I've made tons of stupid mistakes, and later I regretted them. And I've done it over and over again, thousands of times; a cycle of hollow joy and vicious self-hatred. But even so, every time I learned something about myself. Please Shinji, you've got to pilot the EVA and settle this once and for all... for your own sake. Find out why you came here; why you exist at all! Answer your own questions. And when you've found your answers, come back to me. I'll be waiting for you."

This exchange always gets me

This was amazing. NGE is a classic masterpiece :)
Jun 13, 2019 9:28 AM

Oct 2017
Jim_Heart said:
Oregairu (Hachiman) and Fate/Zero (Kiritsugu, Rider) had some great speeches.
Glad someone mentioned Mayuri's speech about perfection (Bleach), it was really great indeed..
Near's speech to Light in the end of Death Note was great too..

Glad to see that someone else likes Hachiman's speech/quotes. He's an amazing character ^^
Jun 13, 2019 10:47 AM

Apr 2017
Well... I like Sora's speech for the Imanity in No Game No Life. But my absolute favorite is the speech of Kyon to himself in Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu.
Absolutely epic.
Jun 13, 2019 10:48 AM
Jul 2018
All the speech given by Erwin in snk.

also Light Yagami's speech in the last episode of death note

removed-userJun 13, 2019 10:53 AM
Jun 13, 2019 10:57 AM

Sep 2015
Hikki_a1 said:
Finally the speech done my Hachiman wanting something 'genuine' was emotional and my favourite speech of all time ^^

my favorite speech is also from oregairu, when yukino gave the billionith "The Reason You Suck" trope speech in the series, this time to irrelevant character meant to look bad/inadequate in order to heighten her's and/or hachiman's position #393992919 , the one who's hands moved a lot, in some episode in season 2, to prevent hachiman from doing so and committing another social suicide because isn't she so caring and great

it might sound touching when you look at it from that perspective, but then you remember that because oregairu has severe arrested development when it comes to yukino, and grants her blatant immunity from any wrongdoing or meaningful backlash - when some character has an issue with her, she is always capable of immediately quelling it and being the one in the right, due to being portrayed as smarter and more correct than the other person onii-sama style, even if the way she does so kind of inadvertently proves the other person correct if two seconds' worth of thought was put into the dialogue - so of course, yukino faces no consequences whatsoever

because she never does, and she never actually will, because she is basically haruhi minus "the world actually literally revolves around her and she is always correct" element to the narrative, it just ends up being that way due to incompetent writing

even in a situation where the whole idea was to prevent somebody else from shouldering the consequences of these actions by taking the action that's stated to cause them, she was given immunity from these consequences that she was glorified for attempting to shoulder in the end

in a way the series completely glossed over and failed to acknowledge at that, because, i cannot stress this enough, she's given retarded levels of sanctity with how that series handles her

no matter how she acts, no matter what she says, no matter how she treats people, she's absolved even if the series will literally frame other people in a negative light for doing the exact same things, even if the intent is to redirect negative consequences onto her, they become non-existent or end up crushed under her heel and made to look inferior to her as opposed to anything resembling proper nuance

she is the onii-sama of high school romcoms

who'd have thought the best moments of the series revolved around other characters and either involved her sitting in absolute silence or not being present at all

really, what a beautifully written series, it really shows its true colors with that bit and its ultimate commitment to what's supposed to be the overarching thing it preaches about, on top of just advocating extremely poor problem-solving skills and providing terrible justifications to how to view and approach other people around you based on your observations of them

this speech made me feel personally vindicated because it pretty much proved to me everything i had believed about the series prior, hence why it's my favorite anime speech

thank you for your time and god bless owo owo owo OWO
ManabanJun 13, 2019 11:15 AM

Jun 13, 2019 11:02 AM

Oct 2017
Tomatobosskrk said:
I liked Gaara's speech in the fourth great shinobi world war.

That speech was hype. It gave me the chills.
Jun 13, 2019 11:04 AM

Oct 2017
laviha said:
All the speech given by Erwin in snk.

also Light Yagami's speech in the last episode of death note

Nice choices!! Both were amazing :D
Jun 13, 2019 11:07 AM
Aug 2018
Maybe not so much a speech per-de, but rei’s breakdown in episode 10 of 3-Gatsu no lion was one of the most emotional moments of anime for me
Jun 13, 2019 11:14 AM

May 2019
Recently, I would say Commander Erwin's speech from Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2. However, I still think my all time favorite speech would be Pain's speech to Naruto about the cycle of hatred.
Jun 13, 2019 11:30 AM
A Monster

May 2018
1. The Speech Tanya Degurechaff gives at the end of episode 12 in Saga of Tanya the Evil.
2. The speech Aang gives to Korra at the end of the 1st season.
3. All Uncle Iroh Speeches and quotes
4. The speech that Kamina gives to Simon that he says, Believe in the Kamina who believes in you
"Never Give Up Without A Fight" By Zuko
Jun 13, 2019 11:31 AM

May 2012
My most memorable speech is Shurrei's berating of the nobles in episode eight of the second season of Saiunkoku Monogatari. She's blessed with having one of the best seiyuu of the past couple of decades, Kuwashima Houko, voicing the role.

Jun 13, 2019 1:20 PM

Jul 2014
On the top of my head
"Sometimes violence is the only way to get the message across."
-Onizuka
Actually, Mob has also said something similar.
"Sometimes you need to get an ass whoppin to understand."
Jun 13, 2019 1:23 PM
Nov 2015
All the speeches in the bridge arc from kaiji, not really a speech but the conversation between meruem and netero, the alucard speech to Anderson before he turns and of course Yoshikage Kira speech
Jun 13, 2019 1:30 PM

Apr 2013
The Major's final speech in Hellsing: Ultimate.
Jun 13, 2019 1:30 PM

Jul 2015

30 more characters are unnecesary.

Jun 13, 2019 3:32 PM

Oct 2017
CraneSage said:
Recently, I would say Commander Erwin's speech from Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2. However, I still think my all time favorite speech would be Pain's speech to Naruto about the cycle of hatred.

Pain is such an awesome villain, his ideals were amazing and during the battle I didn't know who to support. Both were right in their own ways.
Jun 13, 2019 3:53 PM
A Monster

May 2018
Orryx said:
Nothing will ever beat Tanya's speech. Such a perfect way to end the show and setup for a sequel we still haven't gotten huhu

Yes, this is one my favorite as well.
"Never Give Up Without A Fight" By Zuko
Jun 13, 2019 4:21 PM

Mar 2014
From Legend of the Galactic Heroes (1988)
“Loddfafnir, listen to my counsel: You will fare well if you follow it, It will help you much if you heed it. If aware that another is wicked, say so: Make no truce or treaty with foes.” - Havamal 127
Jun 13, 2019 4:48 PM

Oct 2017
TanyaTheEvill said:
Orryx said:
Nothing will ever beat Tanya's speech. Such a perfect way to end the show and setup for a sequel we still haven't gotten huhu

Yes, this is one my favorite as well.

I still have to watch Youjo Senki. I am watching Isekai Quartet and Tanya is a pretty good character ^^
Jun 13, 2019 7:24 PM

Jan 2014
Whitebeard's final words before his death, Luffys speach to Sanjis departure in Whole Cake, Dr Hiluluk's final words before his death. Doflamingos speech about himself and the celestial dragons. Doflamingos speech on justice. Blackbeards speech on dreams

Also Hannyabal's speech before Luffy. I couldn't find a subbed video of it, so here's the manga panel. It's so much better in the anime, but u can still get the message

What do ya know, all of the best speeches in anime are from the GOAT One Piece. <3

Jun 13, 2019 9:10 PM

May 2019
Hikki_a1 said:
CraneSage said:

Pain is such an awesome villain, his ideals were amazing and during the battle I didn't know who to support. Both were right in their own ways.

For sure! He totally changed my mindset when it came to villains and why they acted the way they do.
Jun 14, 2019 9:31 AM

Nov 2009

yes.

30 characters about how good prison school is
84DaysWithoutJun 14, 2019 9:35 AM
Jun 14, 2019 9:47 AM

Oct 2017
CraneSage said:
Hikki_a1 said:

For sure! He totally changed my mindset when it came to villains and why they acted the way they do.

Indeed :D

(30 characters limit. SIGH)
Jun 14, 2019 9:48 AM

Oct 2017
Arnas_Sanra said:
Best part start's at 3:00

That part gives me goosebumps, such an amazing speech.
Jun 14, 2019 9:50 AM

Oct 2017
84DaysWithout said:

yes.

30 characters about how good prison school is

That part was so funny, it made the school president so much cooler lol.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampires

Shizuna - 10 hours ago

22 by ColourWheel »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » bad ending means a bad show?

deg - Yesterday

32 by Elizabetty »»
8 minutes ago

» Who is the most attractive anime character?

Rally- - 7 hours ago

26 by Rally- »»
34 minutes ago

» Who are your Top 10 Favorite Waifus?

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

23 by Rally- »»
40 minutes ago

» Which series should be watched by every anime enthusiast? ( 1 2 )

Rally- - Sep 23

77 by LoveYourSmile »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.