Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2014 10:02 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wow, Jojo sure is popular and seriously that ending gave me the thrills and chills.
Stark700Feb 1, 2014 10:08 PM
Aug 8, 2016 3:44 PM

Aug 2014
Goodbye ripples and hello stands!
Mar 11, 2018 12:10 PM

Jan 2018
Yay new awesome power, somehow breathing is important here too like with the ripple, I wonder if there's a connection between the two.

Who's excited about Dio's return?!

Oct 28, 2018 1:29 PM

Dec 2015
I wonder what Dio has been doing for 4 whole years.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 28, 2018 3:49 AM

May 2016
It's pretty strange how Dio was able to find shelter in his custom-made coffin for a century before reemerging because that coffin was the very thing Erina used to find help with Lisa Lisa. It could've drifted back to the shipwreck but that'd be very unlikely.

Avdol and Jotaro went all out with the fighting but it ended as abruptly as it started because he did his job of luring him out of his cell without having to hospitalize him. There's no time to chill in a jail cell because there's a destiny to fulfill.

Dec 18, 2018 7:19 AM

Feb 2013
Hell yeah, we've been waiting for Dio's return!
The fight was super cool, Avdol is a nice guy.
Haha, I was sure Joseph wouldn't agree with Joutarou's words towards his mom.
Dec 12, 2019 8:47 AM

Feb 2017

"And since it stands next to you, it is called...A STAND!"
Apr 1, 2020 1:15 PM

Jun 2016
A strong introduction. Phantom Blood had a slow burn but one of my favorite introductions as a part of the whole, if I recall, Battle Tendency did a charming start and a Speedwagon death scare to grip us. Stardust Crusaders has gotten me super interested immediately in a way the others didn’t. The new powers were shown in a fight, characters we can’t help but love are back in it, and the plot is without question moving at a fast pace and we know exactly why it needs to move that fast. The tenacious Dio who refuses to die is back at it again. Cars was not the end of the masks haunting the Joestar’s, because Dio never left.

Avdol seems to be someone who respects Joseph, he follows at the snap of fingers, calls him Mr.Joestar, and follows his orders with resolve. I had been wondering if Joseph helped teach him hamon as I assume that is linked to the way these stands work. Regardless, the fight we saw told much information. Avdol’s stand being choked by Jotaro’s inflicted pain on Avdol, threatening to snap his neck. The materialization of Jotaro’s stand was said to show the strength of it. Next, Avdol stopped going easy on Jotaro and restricted his body and breathing which weakened the stand. This shows the stand and the user are deeply connected. Doing the incredibly Jojo, Jotaro kicked the toilet to free himself, and tried to fight against Avdol with the broken bars of the cell, showing strength and ability; even if he seems to suggest he lacks control over his stand. Ultimately, Avdol did his job, not priding himself on the fight, he was content to have made Jotaro leave despite Jotaro’s stand yelling at him to fight like a man. That said, Jotaro definitely respected the fact that he got outplayed with a smirk. Perhaps most crucial though, stands were discussed as “a powerful vision created by your own life energy”.

Seeing Joseph declare that he knows Dio is on the loose, having heard stories of Jonathan’s battles, and chasing after him alongside Avdol was super cool. I got chills, this is like fanfiction, bringing so many beloved elements together. But Joseph took down the ultimate being! Yeah, maybe he had some luck, but he disposed of vampires like Straits in a handful of chapters!! So, I don’t see the need for a crew of stand users, not at all, Joseph can do this himself. I only kid, but I do want to stress that this man has been through a lot. Perhaps his age will hinder him though.

Also, with how much it's been hammered down, no matter how standoffish and bad-mannered as Jotaro is, he did seriously stay locked away so that he wouldn't hurt anyone more than he would like to. It screams rough but good guy deep down. He was also proactive in trying to understand the strange phenomenon!
Jan 26, 2023 11:29 PM

Aug 2021
The first introduction to the new powers STANDS! They are so cool, I only knew little things about them but the introduction is quite brilliant....Holly was smiling back at Jotaro XD
DIO Returns!!!
Jun 12, 4:08 AM
Dec 2022
Stands RAAAAAAAAA so happy we got this instead of ripple lol

DIO MENTIONED RAAAAAAA

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

8 by Richard1222 »»
Aug 26, 7:28 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 46 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2014

10 by donkfingus »»
Aug 11, 6:13 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 152 Discussion

ClosedCX - Jul 11, 2010

38 by wallus81 »»
Jul 3, 5:29 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 151 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2014

9 by wallus81 »»
Jul 3, 5:23 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders Chapter 150 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2014

8 by wallus81 »»
Jul 3, 5:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.