Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (32) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »
Sep 3, 2009 2:19 PM

Jun 2009
the avator kinda makes it obvious. it's basically star fox but pronounced in the context that japanese people pronounce certain english words.
Sep 3, 2009 2:43 PM

Aug 2009
I started using the username Bl1tzkrieg two years ago. I had listened like crazy to The Ramones' song "Blitzkrieg Bop" and wanted to register in a forum, and thought it sounded good. I wrote '1' instead of the 'i' because I figured it lessened the chances someone had already chosen it.
Then some of my friends started to call me Blitzkrieg, but they couldn't say it, so they shortened it to Blitz. Eventually, I helped my class win a competition running in gymnastics and some people decided the name Blitz(krieg) really suited me because Blitz in German means flash, and Blitzkrieg means quick war (Sometimes I get really mad at someone and it's horrible, but it doesn't last long).
So few people call me for my real name nowadays.
bl1tzkriegSep 3, 2009 2:47 PM

我爱你! (not)
Sep 4, 2009 1:17 PM

Aug 2009
my is a secret even from my friends . but i can say one thing. there was already a guy nicknamed Morkand so i became Morkand-san
Sep 4, 2009 1:22 PM

Dec 2008
I've liked Mudkip since I played Pokemon: Sapphire.
Mudkip became an internet meme.
I lol'd.
My name is May.
I was like.
HEY LOL.
And thus, Maykipz was born.
Or something.
Sep 4, 2009 1:50 PM

May 2009
Kikyo was my character in WoW, and I got pretty fond of the name, ofc it was taken here but u can always just sound it out lol
Sep 4, 2009 10:55 PM

Jun 2009
I posted it on my profile:
Pierre Bezukhov's Profile said:
About My Username:
It is taken from my second favorite character in all of literature (after Nausicaa). He is one of the main characters in Leo Tolstoy's magnus opus War and Peace. Why I like him so much is how similar our personailites are (of what I perceive). While I was reading it, I couldn't help but relate in so many different ways to him. Not only that, but later when a friend was reading it, he came up to me and said "You know [my name], while I was reading War and Peace, whenever I came across Pierre, I couldn't help but think of you."

I just went to a lecture about the books and he was talked about extensively. The more in-depth the speaker went about him only strengthened my connection. Since he's a main character in the book, he is probably one of the most complex people in all of literature.
"In the Beginning, the creative energy radiates from within."
-
No, no. That's Lame. Sounds like something out of a Jodorowsky comic.

The Tokusyu Manga Club - Features alternative comics/avant-garde comics/outsider comics/psychdelic comics/surrealistic comics/underground comics + La Nouvelle Manga (part of Alternative).

If I'm here, its because I have nothing better to do.
Sep 4, 2009 11:39 PM
Sep 2009
long time ago, i played this mmoprg called ragnarok online. i think i was on namelessRO, and there was one time where the NLer's (donators) had serious hax to get into non-donor room or something and started pvp raping everybody with their asura strikes :o. i was a pally sitting in the corner, with adequate reducts, this noob sinx called "flask" sonic blew me, only to be my reflects hit back on him, resulting in his oh-so-glorious death :D. I will never forget that n00blet. o.o

actually, no, he pwned me to the point where i vowed, for every site i registered to that needed a username, i would register under "flask", just so if he ever so happened to register to said site, his beloved username would be jacked. :D by me. >:o

other than that, i liked the name.
Sep 5, 2009 12:58 AM

Aug 2009
its my nickname. :]
and the 0621 is my b-day. :]

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Sep 5, 2009 1:08 AM

Jun 2009
It was just randomly chosen..it's also my id on Imdb.
Sep 19, 2009 7:28 AM

Nov 2008
I loove pointless stuff and sci fi.

So i took some crap and added a little star wars fan-wisdom to it. "bantha" + "crap" = pointless. it seemed and still seems to be perfectly suited for me.

Sep 19, 2009 8:28 AM

Aug 2009
I just love a character called Beatrice in Umineko no Naku Koro ni.
As she is a Witch, and she is known as a Golden Witch.. I decided that's going to be my name.
Sep 19, 2009 8:37 AM

Apr 2008
I'm a pretty big fan of the Simpsons (only seasons 1-11, though; the rest is crap) so several of my usernames have come from dialogue in the series. The one I use on here comes from this conversation in "Treehouse of Horror III," which was one of the Halloween specials:

Shopkeeper: [Homer has agreed to purchase a Krusty doll for Bart's birthday] Take this object, but beware it carries a terrible curse!
Homer: Ooh, that's bad.
Shopkeeper: But it comes with a free frogurt!
Homer: That's good.
Shopkeeper: The frogurt is also cursed.
Homer: That's bad.
Shopkeeper: But you get your choice of toppings.
Homer: That's good!
Shopkeeper: The toppings contain potassium benzoate.
[Homer looks puzzled]
Shopkeeper: ...That's bad.
Homer: Can I go now?

I found the portmanteau of "frozen yogurt" funny enough that I decided to use it as a screenname. Also, frozen yogurt is one of my favorite foods, so I think it suits me well enough. :-)
Sep 19, 2009 10:37 AM

May 2009
No particular reason, just sounds cool.
Sep 19, 2009 3:45 PM
Jul 2018
Otohane is just a full reading of 音羽, since you can say it as "Otoha" too.
Sep 19, 2009 4:09 PM

Oct 2008
well...at the time when i joined Mal i was reading Terry Pratchett's "The Wee Free Men" and that's where I first saw the word "susurrous" being used, and I thought it was a fun word to use as a username...

KokoroChan: Nobody will beat our SuperAwesomeAsianNinjaSkillzzz (S.A.A.N.S.)!!!!!! l P h o t o s h o p G a l l e r y l
Sep 19, 2009 4:46 PM

Jul 2009
Nikoli = name of the publishing company from my one of my sudoku books

I use 3 or 4 online names that I just rotate for different sites/ online games, I just happened to use the "Nikoli" one since it is a Japanese publishing company and this is an anime/manga site so it seemed appropriate enough.
Sep 19, 2009 5:32 PM
Apr 2009
zety is my real name...
and sis shows that i'm a girl^^
Sep 19, 2009 5:38 PM

Apr 2009
It's really lame, but my nickname was the nickname for my administrator account on my computer, which I got as Master Woot Admin. Looking back, it's kind of embarrassing where the it came from, but I like the actual name, so I've stuck with it.
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Sep 19, 2009 5:57 PM

Sep 2009
Elise is my name and I just really like kitties :D
Sep 19, 2009 7:02 PM

Aug 2009
well, i came up with this name about 4 years ago.
me and my bro loved (and still do on occasion) to play the dragon warrior monster games. cobi's journey was amazing, not quite Pokemon red amazing but it was up there.
anywho, one of the monsers in the game was a ghost with a witch hat called spooky. i thought it was funny to have an adjective as a name, so i stuck with it.
i currently use the name as my gamer tag and a pic of the ghost as my spray in counter strike.
Sep 19, 2009 7:03 PM
Jul 2009
-Spooky- said:
me and my bro loved (and still do on occasion) to play the dragon warrior monster games. cobi's journey was amazing, not quite Pokemon red amazing but it was up there.
anywho, one of the monsers in the game was a ghost with a witch hat called spooky. i thought it was funny to have an adjective as a name, so i stuck with it.
i currently use the name as my gamer tag and a pic of the ghost as my spray in counter strike.
You have boobs
Sep 19, 2009 7:44 PM
Jul 2018
That's all you've got to say?!
Sep 19, 2009 7:48 PM
Jul 2009
Otohane said:
That's all you've got to say?!
His nipples are showing?
Sep 19, 2009 7:50 PM

Jun 2009
i dont like it when people have usernames like xxdarkpickachuxx my user name is unique...literally can u tell what it is w/o googling it and also i had sticking to the fads, or trying to have a cool alias, in my opinion something unique is cool not something you would see in the matrix code
Sep 19, 2009 7:52 PM

Jun 2009
Progenitor said:
i dont like it when people have usernames like xxdarkpickachuxx my user name is unique...literally can u tell what it is w/o googling it and also i had sticking to the fads, or trying to have a cool alias, in my opinion something unique is cool not something you would see in the matrix code

i also hate it when people just use a word from a foreign language like Kaze its kinda annoying, i can understand latin/greeek those are just progenitors of english.
Sep 19, 2009 7:56 PM

Jul 2009
-Spooky- said:

strong 10 inch arms, you on dat dere cell-tech, brah?
Sep 19, 2009 8:01 PM

Aug 2009
Nikoli said:
10 inch arms

In length, maybe
Sep 19, 2009 8:05 PM
Jul 2009
aggra-aggra said:
Nikoli said:
10 inch arms

In length, maybe
Sep 20, 2009 1:19 AM

May 2009
Progenitor said:
I really couldn't care less what people call themselves but i am slightly annoyed by numbers in usernames and special characters like tilde's and the lot.
Sep 20, 2009 3:04 AM

Apr 2008
Chiyo = 1 000 generations
ko = kodomo= child

The child of 1 000 generations.
Sep 20, 2009 1:00 PM
Dec 2008
I'm absolutely fascinated by snakes, and I love Harry Potter so... yeah.
Sep 20, 2009 1:06 PM

Sep 2009
Sep 20, 2009 6:59 PM

Jun 2008
Chiyo-ko said:
Chiyo = 1 000 generations
ko = kodomo= child

The child of 1 000 generations.
So that's why Chiyo is a loli with detachable pink hairs in Azumanga Diaoh... Wait, what.
Sep 21, 2009 3:01 AM

Sep 2008
Pontus is my real name, not much else to say is there? :d
Sep 21, 2009 3:49 AM

Aug 2009
I dont understand the full concept of this thread
Sep 21, 2009 4:23 AM

Oct 2008
My username has two ways of how to read it/meanings...

either shadow sword - because I love both swords and dark stuff (shadows)
or shadows word - I always get to imagine that there is someone in the shadows who wants to speak
Sep 21, 2009 4:29 AM

Aug 2009
Now I get it.
^
Thank You Crazy Stranger.
The meaning behind my name of K is temporaly anything good starting with K.
It could be Keira, Kyrie, Khaos, Kymotion, etc.
Sep 21, 2009 8:04 AM

Sep 2009
No big story, i was playing wow few years ago and i was wrecking my braincells for 20min and then it hit me ''Elastor'' .. good blood elf name ^^
Sep 21, 2009 1:37 PM

Jun 2009
MauvaiseFoi is simply a combination of Mauvaise Foi, meaning "Bad Faith" in French. It refers to the idea explained by French existentialist Jean-Paul Sartre, in which an individual denies the degree of freedom they truly possess, and in doing so refrain from taking any sort of action.
The use of the term as my screen name is meant to reflect my rather simple-minded infatuation with existentialism and philosophy.
There is a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in.
Sep 21, 2009 2:25 PM

Sep 2009
The name isn't from a capitalistic nature. (I'm not one thank you very much)

It derives from a type of chess you play with just pawns, which is my favorite type of chess to play because it's challenging.
Sep 22, 2009 12:00 AM

Aug 2009
Marxist said:

It derives from a type of chess you play with just pawns, which is my favorite type of chess to play because it's challenging.

I thought your meaning behind that name is Communism. About some founder of communism and Marx and Engels.
Sep 22, 2009 12:09 AM

Jul 2009
Marxist said:

Do you play chess against retarded kids or something? Seriously, how do you win by just moving pawns?
Sep 22, 2009 2:15 AM

Jun 2008
My username is pretty retarded. It's just a short of the first letters in my three names... -.-
... Even if I took time to write alot of intelligent words of deep thought and meaning in my signature, would you really care to read and comment on it? ...
Sep 22, 2009 2:50 AM
Jun 2009
Well mines simple enough to guess.

Hanyuu = Favourite character from Higurashi
Hauu= A sound hanyuu makes.

Hanyuu+hauu = Hanyuu-hauu
Sep 22, 2009 4:54 AM

Jun 2007
When I was about 11 years old, me and my older sister (she was about 12 back then) had a shared email address. We combined both of our names and created this nickname. XD
Her name is Sharon, mine is Naama, so there you have it ---> Sharonaama (1). :D
Sep 22, 2009 5:19 AM

May 2009
well, in my language my lastname means fire
once one of my friends accidentally called me Firy
since then i am Firy
kicchiri kacchiri O.o (well it's not that precisely i guess ^^)
Sep 22, 2009 12:26 PM

Sep 2009
Nikoli said:
Marxist said:

Do you play chess against retarded kids or something? Seriously, how do you win by just moving pawns?

The same way you win in Peasants Revolt, Republican, and Atheist games.
Sep 22, 2009 5:48 PM

Aug 2009
Strolgrom is my world of warcraft character.

i has no lifes
Sep 22, 2009 8:49 PM

Sep 2009
Mine is pretty simple its a sounded out version of my intials (K.C) so Kay Cea
Sep 22, 2009 9:48 PM

Nov 2007
Feder means "feather" in German. I wanted to change my user handle but couldn't think of a good name. But I was hardcore into DNAngel at the time (still like it a lot) and ended up using the title of one of the DN artbooks for my name. My previous name was "saigo no egao", which means "last smile" in Japanese, but the more I studied Japanese the less interested I was in using a Japanese handle.
Pages (32) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The avatar above is watching TV

IpreferEcchi - Sep 24

15 by tinshard »»
2 minutes ago

» Say Something You Have In Common With The Person Above v5 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Jun 25, 2021

7938 by tinshard »»
3 minutes ago

» Brag about your minor accomplishments for today ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kyokisama - Jan 22, 2018

1323 by katsukidayou »»
5 minutes ago

» The Last Person To Post In This Thread Wins!!! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Bee-Sweet - Jun 10

8458 by Oofmastre9000 »»
7 minutes ago

» Say something brutally honest about the user above v1 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ziovice - May 24, 2019

458 by katsukidayou »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.