Forum Settings
Forums

What is one show that you think started out really good, but then ended up being a disaster?

New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 22, 2018 6:19 AM
Nov 2016
For me I would say future diaries....started all nice n psychological but towards the ending it just became hot trash
Aug 22, 2018 7:19 AM
Dec 2013
One Piece, I guess. I thought it was good until Fishman Island happened.
Aug 22, 2018 7:56 AM
we back

Aug 2015
V3rbatim said:
CHAMPIONOFDEATH said:
Neon Genesis Evangelion
As much as I hate this anime, I actually thought the premise of it was pretty good.

However, it decided to take a one way trip to generic psychological anime land, and turned into a horrible anime.
How can you call anything "generic anime land" with a favorite list like that?

Because I didn't call it a generic anime, I called it a generic psychological anime, that does nothing different than every other psychological anime. It's just fucking garbage isn't it.

VKDOOM said:

For someone to have to hate on NGE, their taste is likely going to be as shitty as that. Damn shounenplebs man

Uh-oh, another pretentious Eva fan claiming their taste is better than someone else's. Looks like even the fans of Eva just have generic personalities that are no different than every other NGE fan. What a surprise.
Aug 22, 2018 8:04 AM
Dec 2016
Can I include this mystery anime called, Rokka no Yuusha?
Well I'm disappointed with the flow of the story, and there's a shit ending I guess.
Idk why I spend so much time in writing such irrelevant replies ._.
Aug 22, 2018 8:20 AM

Sep 2017
It's Owari no Seraph for me. The first episode was killing it, but then they decided to introduce the high school which totally didn't feel right for the setting and it went downhill after that.

“If you live for yourself you’ve only got yourself to blame. So I can’t really blame anyone else and I don’t have any regrets.”

list

Aug 22, 2018 8:20 AM

Apr 2017
CHAMPIONOFDEATH said:
V3rbatim said:
How can you call anything "generic anime land" with a favorite list like that?

Because I didn't call it a generic anime, I called it a generic psychological anime, that does nothing different than every other psychological anime. It's just fucking garbage isn't it.

VKDOOM said:

For someone to have to hate on NGE, their taste is likely going to be as shitty as that. Damn shounenplebs man

Uh-oh, another pretentious Eva fan claiming their taste is better than someone else's. Looks like even the fans of Eva just have generic personalities that are no different than every other NGE fan. What a surprise.
Please name one show that came before Eva that did anything similar. The reason Eva seems generic to you is because other psychological shows are majorly influenced by it and use ideas from it. I think you just didn’t like it, but you want to have a reason so you seem like you know what you’re talking about. That’s just my two-cents.
Aug 22, 2018 8:29 AM

May 2017
oof so many but the one that really destroyed me
was sao
Aug 22, 2018 8:30 AM

Jan 2016
Kiznaiver really started out strong for me. I'm like digging it until it slowly but surely pulled me away from what I initially like about it and I'm left with a shambled mess of a melodrama that didn't hit the mark.

Also, Rokka no Yuusha. Didnt quite know what it is even at the end. Talk about disappointing.
Aug 22, 2018 8:34 AM

Apr 2017
CapitalistGod said:
Kiznaiver really started out strong for me. I'm like digging it until it slowly but surely pulled me away from what I initially like about it and I'm left with a shambled mess of a melodrama that didn't hit the mark.
I have the exact same opinion on that show. My friends got pissed at me when I told them my opinions on it and they called me a moron. Lmao
Aug 22, 2018 8:39 AM
Jun 2016
Oreimo. The worst ending in anime history.
Aug 22, 2018 8:40 AM
we back

Aug 2015
Aslat24 said:
CHAMPIONOFDEATH said:

Please name one show that came before Eva that did anything similar. The reason Eva seems generic to you is because other psychological shows are majorly influenced by it and use ideas from it. I think you just didn’t like it, but you want to have a reason so you seem like you know what you’re talking about. That’s just my two-cents.

Your logic is a little flawed here.
So you are saying that just because it did all these generic psychological tropes before any other anime, it should be held with higher regard. That's like saying Dragon Ball should be held in high regard just because it did a lot of the common shonen tropes first. Just because both of these series did what they did first, doesn't mean it stands up to today's standards.

Aug 22, 2018 8:41 AM

May 2018
Bleach. Went downhill after Soul Society Arc.
Aug 22, 2018 8:54 AM

Apr 2018
CHAMPIONOFDEATH said:
Aslat24 said:

So you are saying that just because it did all these generic psychological tropes before any other anime, it should be held with higher regard. That's like saying Dragon Ball should be held in high regard just because it did a lot of the common shonen tropes first. Just because both of these series did what they did first, doesn't mean it stands up to today's standards.

Lol, what? NGE isn't even a psychological anime. The only "psychological" aspect of NGE is the fact that is has characters who undergo psychological trauma. The majority of NGE's screen time is dedicated towards characters either fighting Angels or trying to figure out how to fight Angels. If NGE was a psychological series, then the Angels would just be projections of Shinji's psyche and the entire series would come from Shinji's unreliable perspective. Or at least something like that. Nothing like that ever happens in NGE. Yes, there are trippy scenes, but those are concentrated in the last few episodes and are quite clearly supposed to contrast with the rest of the series. The lone fact that the leads are all deeply flawed characters does not make for a psychological series.
Aug 22, 2018 8:57 AM
Jul 2018
Darling In The Franxx, Erased, and Akame ga Kill
Aug 22, 2018 8:59 AM

Apr 2017
CHAMPIONOFDEATH said:
Aslat24 said:

Okay, I can see reading comprehension is not your strong suit. The “generic tropes” wouldn’t have been generic in 1995 when the show came out, because they did it first. Not everyone likes this show, but it is pretty much a general consensus that everyone agrees the impact it had on anime and the industry is huge.
Aug 22, 2018 9:00 AM

Jun 2015
oh yeah, the One Piece adaptation is one of the prime examples of an anime going to shit (for scummy money-grubbing purposes in this case)
Aug 22, 2018 10:00 AM

Aug 2016
Terror in Resonance. explosions were cool though
Aug 22, 2018 11:11 AM

Mar 2017
Deadman Wonderland. It had a wonderful premise and a fascinating cast of characters, but the last two episodes relied on deus ex machina nonsense and had nearly the entire cast out of character.
"Bang." -Spike Spiegal

"Everything... is connected." -Lain Iwakura

"Life is too short to watch bad anime. Long Live the 1st Episode Drop." -InkSpider

"Anime fans make me embarrassed to be an anime fan." -InkSpider
Aug 22, 2018 11:23 AM
May 2014
I don’t know why anyone is arguing with champion

He’s a shounen pleb

Man watches the same shit over and over again and thinks it’s exceptional

Can’t be bothered to debate idiots like that
Aug 22, 2018 11:24 AM

Aug 2017
Charlotte
I still like it but it could have been soooooo much better
Aug 22, 2018 11:39 AM

Oct 2017
Terror In Resonance. The first few episodes had a lot of promise, but the quality took a massive nosedive in the second half. At least the soundtrack was pretty good.
Aug 22, 2018 11:43 AM

Jun 2017
There are two anime, which appear in my mind, Erased and DitF
http://steinsgate.jp/10th/ FGO:591,495,201 (NA)
Aug 22, 2018 12:06 PM

Jul 2017
S4mmzie said:
Akame ga Kill, Juuni Taisen, Log Horizon, and Seven Deadly Sins.

Juuni Taisen was the only I gave a bad score, but that anime really didn’t know where to progress and what characters should’ve been kept in the story. Plot armor is also kind of boring, however, that would’ve been better than the alternative. [Spoilers] It just became a clusterfuck of uninteresting characters fighting the interesting characters who were reanimated into mindless zombies... Thus, removing those characters interesting personality traits.

considering you gave SAO a 7, meaning that you thought it was good, I think log horizon wasn't the show for you, but for what it does, it clearly isn't bad imo.

EDIT: you consider log horizon to be a disaster but you gave it a 8? wtf?
Aug 22, 2018 12:25 PM
Jun 2015
Zehennagel said:
S4mmzie said:
Akame ga Kill, Juuni Taisen, Log Horizon, and Seven Deadly Sins.

Juuni Taisen was the only I gave a bad score, but that anime really didn’t know where to progress and what characters should’ve been kept in the story. Plot armor is also kind of boring, however, that would’ve been better than the alternative. [Spoilers] It just became a clusterfuck of uninteresting characters fighting the interesting characters who were reanimated into mindless zombies... Thus, removing those characters interesting personality traits.
considering you gave SAO a 7, meaning that you thought it was good, I think log horizon wasn't the show for you, but for what it does, it clearly isn't bad imo.
I could say the same thing to you, but switch out SAO for Log Horizon and vice versa. I thought that SAO was really great when I started watching anime and I still think it’s pretty decent. I gotta agree with you for SAO’s 2nd season. It was pretty bad and I kind chickened out on giving the score I should have given it (borderline 4/10). I gave Log Horizon’s 1st season an 8. It was really good. But the 2nd season felt out of touch with the first and became pretty uninteresting in the end. Then again, it was a few years ago since I saw either of those anime.
Aug 22, 2018 12:26 PM

Sep 2011
If we're going to exclude SAO and Darling In The Franxx.

It seems people already forgot Mahou Sensou.

Aug 22, 2018 12:31 PM

Feb 2017
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi. illogical ending why pair the main with the girl he had the least character development with..
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
Aug 22, 2018 12:33 PM

Jan 2016
Most likely Koi to Uso, but I don't feel it became a disaster.. I mean I gave it a 6
Aug 22, 2018 1:18 PM

Jul 2017
S4mmzie said:
Zehennagel said:
I could say the same thing to you, but switch out SAO for Log Horizon and vice versa. I thought that SAO was really great when I started watching anime and I still think it’s pretty decent. I gotta agree with you for SAO’s 2nd season. It was pretty bad and I kind chickened out on giving the score I should have given it (borderline 4/10). I gave Log Horizon’s 1st season an 8. It was really good. But the 2nd season felt out of touch with the first and became pretty uninteresting in the end. Then again, it was a few years ago since I saw either of those anime.

I don't get how you could say that of me, but for the animes that is far from being from good to catastrophic since what OP meant(if I understood well) was animes that were good at first then became shit, not animes who were good for half the series then became shit.

well imo log horizon is more of a case of second's season having trouble with 5-10 episodes in the middle(I personnaly skipped the kids arc) but overall it was very enjoyable, well that of course s only my opinion.
Aug 22, 2018 1:23 PM
Jul 2016
SAO looked promising in episode 1 but then it turned To shit Real fast
Aug 22, 2018 1:25 PM

Jul 2015
Overlord.
Turns out only one character is real and the rest are NPCs and the whole anime is like playing an MMO on Single Player with max stats. No progression, no story, just filler. An anime of filler.
Aug 22, 2018 1:27 PM
Jul 2016
oh yeah how the hell did I forget about SAO. Personally I still loved it up until about half way through the first season, then when it got to tentacle rape and stuff it was kinda meh, but still with some good episodes, and the second season was pretty mediocre throughout.
Aug 22, 2018 1:31 PM

Aug 2017
owari no seraph

the first episode was fantastic. i wish i could say the same about the other episodes.
Aug 22, 2018 1:34 PM

Aug 2017
Hyouka, If only there was abit more of a well... proper ending
Aug 22, 2018 1:39 PM

Jul 2017
ass class. if only they didnt make it so unbearable for season 2
Aug 22, 2018 1:41 PM

Sep 2014
Timz0r said:
UrbanSpaceman said:
*snip*

I don't understand why people name Darling in The FranXX here - in the beginning is was crappy fanservice show about giant robots with boobs and in the second half is mediocre dystopian drama / guren lagann clone. I don't say it becomes good but it's still better then first half.

Nah, Darling in The FranXX just became another Japanese propaganda show for people overthere to breed disguised as a dystopian show with some fanservice and robots. Nothing more, nothing less. That bothered me mostly.

Sure, most people overhere like fanservice (me included), but I really wished DiTF was not just another Japanese breed propaganda show. If they dropped the propaganda, the show would be much better for sure.
xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

you are for real?
you really believe someone is trying to spread propaganda through a mecha anime that a miniscule percentile watches?
this is the most retarded thing I have heard all week
Aug 22, 2018 2:12 PM

Aug 2018
Imaishi said:

you are for real?
you really believe someone is trying to spread propaganda through a mecha anime that a miniscule percentile watches?

*yawn*
Oh look, it's someone that uses "Ecks Dee".
Now THAT'S way more retarded imo.
We're not 2003 anymore, kiddo.

And yeah, if you know human nature well enough, you would not be suprised anymore by anything. Maybe pick up a history book while you're at it. History's repeating itself.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Aug 22, 2018 2:21 PM

Sep 2014
Timz0r said:
Imaishi said:

you are for real?

*yawn*
Oh look, it's someone that uses "Ecks Dee".
Now THAT'S way more retarded imo.
We're not 2003 anymore, kiddo.

And yeah, if you know human nature well enough, you would not be suprised anymore by anything. Maybe pick up a history book while you're at it. History's repeating itself.
you deserve nothing more than ecks dee if you make retarded claims like that with NOTHING to back it up with

Aug 22, 2018 2:25 PM
we back

Aug 2015
VKDOOM said:
I don’t know why anyone is arguing with champion

He’s a shounen pleb

Man watches the same shit over and over again and thinks it’s exceptional

Can’t be bothered to debate idiots like that

Oh boy, I gave up on this thread until I saw this.

So please, show me one instance where I have claimed the shonen I watch is exceptional because I don't remember ever saying that.
Aug 22, 2018 2:25 PM

Jan 2018
Erased (last 2 eps weren't that good...)
Death Note (Second half)
Boku no Pico
Aug 22, 2018 2:27 PM

Aug 2018
Imaishi said:
you deserve nothing more than ecks dee if you make retarded claims like that with NOTHING to back it up with

I understand reality is quite scary. It's OK.
*big internet snuggle*
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Aug 22, 2018 2:29 PM

Sep 2014
Timz0r said:
Imaishi said:

I understand reality is quite scary. It's OK.
*big internet snuggle*
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Yes, indeed, the reality is japanese government is spreading propagandra through some third rate anime in hope that some stinky neets will go and magically have sex then.
Earth is flat and chemtrails exist.
Aug 22, 2018 2:43 PM
Nov 2013
Gantz 2 was the biggest fu ending ever in anime, it could have ended without all the new characters and changing the mc's personality if you saw it (granted the series starts like crap)

Code Geass 2 as other said, stop changing charter's personalities

Hidan no Aria- Was fun then they introduced weird stuff
Aug 22, 2018 2:47 PM

Jul 2014
Divine Gate, the first two episodes was interesting but then the rest turned to a black hole... At least the opening is lit af

Aug 22, 2018 4:09 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Kado is my biggest disappointement in anime. Went amazingly for the majority of the series but the last 3 episodes went full shounen with weird shit happening for some fucking reason.

Others would be Erased, Juuni Taisen, Gangsta and most likely a couple of others that i dont really remember.
DatRandomDudeAug 22, 2018 4:16 PM
Aug 22, 2018 4:12 PM

Jun 2016
The Anime with the butler girl that fall in love with the MC,I think her name was subaru or something,I gave it a 6 . it's something about Revenge.

Maybe there are more but I'm too lazy to ✓ now.
Aug 22, 2018 4:40 PM

Dec 2016
Surprised to see some mentions to Owari no Seraph, when I think it was already bad since episode 1...
Aug 22, 2018 6:09 PM
Jan 2016
There are more than one show. And if I tell you all of them, it would just be a list, which is not that interesting.
Aug 22, 2018 6:14 PM

Sep 2013
charlotte, SAO, persona 4 golden ( honestly I don't even understand why this one exists tho )
Aug 22, 2018 6:25 PM

Aug 2016
Darling in the franxx, taboo tattoo, comet lucifer, mayoiga, battery, masamune-kun no revenge, centaur no nayami, märchen mädchen

Aug 22, 2018 6:29 PM
Aug 2018
Black bullet,without a doubt,first episode showed a cool premisse but it just went on to become another predictable and generic anime
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do You Use Other Anime/Manga Sites Besides MAL?

Xypheron - 2 hours ago

19 by GinInYourJuice »»
2 minutes ago

» Do we need more cooking scenes in anime?

SgtBateMan - Jul 17

33 by ComboSmooth »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Vampires

Shizuna - Yesterday

35 by deg »»
3 minutes ago

» Why does MAL still use Romaji for Anime Titles When not even the japanese do???

Cestlavie_ - 2 hours ago

39 by Cestlavie_ »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you skip anime scenes or episodes?

Johnny65 - Sep 25

44 by ComboSmooth »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.