Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 12, 2018 3:41 AM

Jun 2008
I’ve been saying this since season 1 and now we’re finally seeing the fruits of our labor...

Erina’s Dere transformation has begun and she’s beginning to accept Soma.

I have high hopes that this amazing series can finally give us a best girl win.

Than you Tosh-Sama for Erina!!!

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 12, 2018 3:44 AM

Apr 2013
This is certainly not the face of a best girl so, no thank you.
Apr 12, 2018 5:12 AM

Dec 2013
She’s get even better later in the manga but I still don’t see her as best girl and I’ll probably never will.
Apr 12, 2018 5:40 AM

Jun 2008
Gator said:

The dere transformation has begun....Erina will definitely change.
Apr 12, 2018 5:43 AM

Apr 2013
--ALEX-- said:
Gator said:

The dere transformation has begun....Erina will definitely change.

It will be hard to earn enough positive points to neutralize the negative points she gained over the last seasons though. I really can't see her getting best Souma girl for me at the very least.
Apr 12, 2018 9:01 PM

Jul 2017
Gator said:

You see, that's the point. She used to be a bitch and she starts to slowly realize it. That's kinda the idea of her character. Her bad attitude is the influence of her father,
So for people that hate arrogance, she is the best girl
BondieApr 13, 2018 11:46 AM
Apr 12, 2018 9:06 PM

Oct 2013
Sorry Alex but Erina can't be best girl because we have girls like Rindou
Apr 12, 2018 9:08 PM

Jul 2017
tragedydesu said:
a disgusting bitch can never be the best girl
stop thinking with your dick

good thing i dropped this serie and gave it 1

Gtfo then, scum. If you dropped the show and didn't like it, don't visit it's forums of later episodes and seasons, shitting out your tasteless opinion for everyone to see. Get a life
Apr 12, 2018 11:13 PM

Apr 2013
Bondie said:
Gator said:

You see, that's the point. She used to be a bitch and she starts to slowly realize it. That's kinda the idea of her character. Her bad attitude is the influence of her father
. So for people that hate arrogance, she is the best girl

I haven't even watched season 3 so it would be nice if you could put what you said about season 4 in a spoiler tag. Aside from that I don't understand how Erina could become best girl because she changes from bad to good if we have girls who were just always good.
Apr 12, 2018 11:16 PM

Jan 2013
Comparing turds on the side of the street is interesting, I take it?
Apr 12, 2018 11:26 PM

Nov 2016
Deknijff said:

Good to know that there're still people with taste around.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 12, 2018 11:30 PM

May 2016
Lol, this is pure Tragedydesu baiting XD
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Apr 12, 2018 11:42 PM

Mar 2017
idk, yes her development was nice to see but I don't think she's the best girl for Souma
Deknijff said:
please give me reasons to like her, cause the anime still hasn't. without spoilers as much as possible
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Apr 12, 2018 11:48 PM
Jan 2015
Her development honestly made her my favorite. I love Rindou and Megumi, but Erina stole my heart.
My Queens

Apr 12, 2018 11:49 PM

Jul 2017
Y'all bitches playing right???

Everybody knows Alice is best girl.
I will insert Yugioh into everything and you can't fucking stop me
Apr 13, 2018 12:01 PM
Jun 2016
Deknijff said:
Agree on this one.
Apr 13, 2018 12:04 PM

Oct 2013
red-tomato said:
idk, yes her development was nice to see but I don't think she's the best girl for Souma
Deknijff said:
please give me reasons to like her, cause the anime still hasn't. without spoilers as much as possible
Rindou more or less the same in the manga so if you don't like her now already I don't think you'd find reason to be honest
Apr 13, 2018 12:14 PM

Mar 2017
Deknijff said:
Rindou more or less the same in the manga so if you don't like her now already I don't think you'd find reason to be honest
Its not that I don't, I can't since she still hasn't had much screentime (atleast from what I have only watched)

She hot tho
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Apr 13, 2018 12:23 PM

Jul 2017
Gator said:
Bondie said:

You see, that's the point. She used to be a bitch and she starts to slowly realize it. That's kinda the idea of her character. Her bad attitude is the influence of her father
. So for people that hate arrogance, she is the best girl

I haven't even watched season 3 so it would be nice if you could put what you said about season 4 in a spoiler tag. Aside from that I don't understand how Erina could become best girl because she changes from bad to good if we have girls who were just always good.

Fuck, sorry about the spoiler. It's minor anyway, it's one of those things that you know for sure will happen but it is just interesting how they will. But I'm sorry for spoiling that anyway, didn't intend to.

About what you said though, anime girls are not real people, they are characters. That means they represent an idea. So called good girls are just representing an idea of having a trustworthy soulmate by your side which is heartwarming.

Erina though represents quite a few things, mostly the road to acceptance of the fact that:

1. Art (foodmaking in this case) is not something exquisite to be arrogant about being part of (like people think of reading books), but a thing that is enjoyable to create and consume by all types of people.
  2. Being oneself, following one's own dreams and unique style is superior to following the rules, trying to be someone parents or society wants one to be. Because nothing matters unless it's fun.
  3. She's also the idea of something to conquer, a goal for Souma to achieve (make her say the meal tastes good in this case), which motivates him even better, just as Souma's father said in the very beginning.

This is what makes her character relatable and interesting. There is Megumi, who represents struggle to become independent and Nikumi who is just an empty piece of fanservice (which i'm totally fine with btw). But noone in the show is as deep as Erina - the best girl.

Well, maybe there will be more to development of the other girls in the future, who knows (maybe manga readers do). But for now, Erina is top 1. The latest events in the show totally bring it to a whole new level, giving it multiple things that it lacked. And I believe Erina will play the key role in the current arc.

All of the above is my subjective opinion though.
BondieApr 13, 2018 12:58 PM
Apr 13, 2018 11:40 PM

Apr 2013
Bondie said:
Gator said:

Fuck, sorry about the spoiler. It's minor anyway, it's one of those things that you know for sure will happen but it is just interesting how they will. But I'm sorry for spoiling that anyway, didn't intend to.

About what you said though, anime girls are not real people, they are characters. That means they represent an idea. So called good girls are just representing an idea of having a trustworthy soulmate by your side which is heartwarming.

Erina though represents quite a few things, mostly the road to acceptance of the fact that:

1. Art (foodmaking in this case) is not something exquisite to be arrogant about being part of (like people think of reading books), but a thing that is enjoyable to create and consume by all types of people.
  2. Being oneself, following one's own dreams and unique style is superior to following the rules, trying to be someone parents or society wants one to be. Because nothing matters unless it's fun.
  3. She's also the idea of something to conquer, a goal for Souma to achieve (make her say the meal tastes good in this case), which motivates him even better, just as Souma's father said in the very beginning.

This is what makes her character relatable and interesting. There is Megumi, who represents struggle to become independent and Nikumi who is just an empty piece of fanservice (which i'm totally fine with btw). But noone in the show is as deep as Erina - the best girl.

Well, maybe there will be more to development of the other girls in the future, who knows (maybe manga readers do). But for now, Erina is top 1. The latest events in the show totally bring it to a whole new level, giving it multiple things that it lacked. And I believe Erina will play the key role in the current arc.

Well no problem since it is just a minor spoiler :3

I guess our definition of good girl differs then, to me it's the most likable girl in that show. Not necessarily a trustworthy soulmate, I wouldn't trust Kurumi from Date a Live but she was still best girl imo.

I feel like cooking is everyone's passion in this show and not unique to Erina. I have to admit that I don't really get your 2nd point since Erina is quite keen on following the rules imo. Also everyone above Souma is someone for him to conquer, so that's not exclusive to Erina either. You could say the same about Rindou.

And this might be an unpopular opinion, but just because someone is deep doesn't mean I'll like her or him. The character is almost all that matters and Erina fails mostly in that aspect for me anyway.

As you said everything is subjective which means that saying one character that best-in-anything for everyone cannot exist. I like enjoy arguing about this though ^^
Apr 13, 2018 11:55 PM

Aug 2017
Erina is best girl for me hell yeah!
Apr 14, 2018 12:23 AM

May 2015
tragedydesu said:

There isn't even any romance...

Apr 14, 2018 12:36 AM

Jul 2015
@TsukuyomiREKT
its not about romance ... its all about teasing

its like nisekoi as a subplot
i'm tired of seeing those bitches win in every anime
Apr 14, 2018 12:46 AM

Apr 2016
Megumi stillll!!!!
Apr 14, 2018 1:15 AM

May 2015
tragedydesu said:
@TsukuyomiREKT
its not about romance ... its all about teasing

its like nisekoi as a subplot
i'm tired of seeing those bitches win in every anime

If it's not about romance, then why do you care? No romance = nobody wins.

Apr 14, 2018 1:23 AM

Jul 2015
@TsukuyomiREKT
except that Erina already developed romantic feelings for the mc
and ofc she will wins
Apr 14, 2018 1:35 AM

May 2015
tragedydesu said:
@TsukuyomiREKT
except that Erina already developed romantic feelings for the mc
and ofc she will wins

It's shounen. So the odds of that are pretty low, and I really can not see why you would drop it based on what COULD happen, and not what actually has. I mean, I still think your hate for tsunderes is irrational, but at least confirm your suspicions instead of bailing out immediately.

Apr 14, 2018 3:04 AM

Jul 2017
Gator said:
Bondie said:

Well no problem since it is just a minor spoiler :3

I guess our definition of good girl differs then, to me it's the most likable girl in that show. Not necessarily a trustworthy soulmate, I wouldn't trust Kurumi from Date a Live but she was still best girl imo.

I feel like cooking is everyone's passion in this show and not unique to Erina. I have to admit that I don't really get your 2nd point since Erina is quite keen on following the rules imo. Also everyone above Souma is someone for him to conquer, so that's not exclusive to Erina either. You could say the same about Rindou.

And this might be an unpopular opinion, but just because someone is deep doesn't mean I'll like her or him. The character is almost all that matters and Erina fails mostly in that aspect for me anyway.

As you said everything is subjective which means that saying one character that best-in-anything for everyone cannot exist. I like enjoy arguing about this though ^^

About my 2nd point that you didn't understand. She's kinda a shounen character on a positive side of the cast whose life views contradict with MC's, but MC's are obviously correct, so... Talking about a character with someone who is yet to catch up with the series kinda limits me a lot, so I won't say anything further because of spoilers. It's btw very clear what will happen at this point because of my bullshit mYsTerIoUs fucking way of speaking :))
Anyway,

Also I think that "best girl is the most likeable" is the same for everyone. It's what is considered likeable that differs.
Apr 14, 2018 3:16 AM

Sep 2017
Deknijff said:

Rindou is best girl, 10/10

“If you live for yourself you’ve only got yourself to blame. So I can’t really blame anyone else and I don’t have any regrets.”

list

Apr 17, 2018 2:26 AM
Jun 2016
It's funny reading posts that can't accept Erina yet. Manga readers are already set that Erina is best girl. The rest of the girls are either useless or don't matter.
Apr 18, 2018 3:14 PM
May 2017
No rindou senpai is best girl
Apr 19, 2018 4:10 PM

Mar 2012
I love Erina ! But...

Deknijff said:
Apr 19, 2018 10:59 PM
Dec 2015
>erina is best girl

lol no
Deknijff said:
Apr 19, 2018 11:42 PM

Apr 2016
Don't listen to the hate OP, fans know it, we know it and what is most important the author of the manga knows it.
Apr 21, 2018 11:22 PM

Feb 2015
As its Shounen there probably will be romance right at the end. Remember Soumas father indicated that cooking for someone you love is the ultimate goal. Erina is the end game pure and simple and you can already see how it will end.
Apr 22, 2018 4:48 AM

Mar 2017
Naw Alice and Rindou are the best girls
Apr 22, 2018 4:53 AM
Apr 2018
tragedydesu said:

I dont have a dick since I aint a guy. But Im sorry, I disagree. But Erina is not a bitch. Shes cute and nice at her own way. Try watch it fully. Please do not judge if you dont even finished the season 😉

i guess you need to catch up alot. There are many plot twist behind it. The answers are mostly on season 3!!

I just started watched this anime last 3 days. Its addicted so i watched all episodes all at once till the latest season this month. I wonder if i watched earlier 2-3yrs ago, only stop from the 1st series, i probably, still doesn't get the idea shes the best like yours 😝
Apr 22, 2018 6:23 AM

Jul 2013
No one has even mentioned Nikumi. I'm disappointed in you motherfuckers.
Apr 24, 2018 10:08 AM

Nov 2007
Whether you like it or not both Megumis are the best girls. Both Tadokoro Megumi and Katou Megumi. Plain, simple, cute and innocent type girls are always the best. Girls like Erina are high maintenance even after they turn dere. You may enjoy spending a year with her. Maybe two years at best. But if it's someone like Megumi, we are talking about for the rest of your lives.

But since they are fictional characters, choose whoever you want. Ultimately you are picking them for Souma and not for yourselves.

I am yet to understand the hype over Rindou. Having only seen the anime, she is not even worthy of being in the radar of consideration.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 26, 2018 10:13 AM
Nov 2017
Erina is best gril and it's not even close
Apr 26, 2018 12:03 PM
Jun 2017
If you read the manga, Erina is definitely the best girl and the perfect fit for soma. So stfu if you know nothing.
May 1, 2018 4:22 AM

Feb 2018
I fucking hate Erina , she will most likely end up with Soma.

Megumi ftw!!!

( also dont say read the manga cause , shes going to stay a tsundere bitch. )
May 2, 2018 2:18 AM
Apr 2018
But I still like Alice a bit more the Erina
May 2, 2018 2:22 AM
Apr 2018
shanimebib said:
Whether you like it or not both Megumis are the best girls. Both Tadokoro Megumi and Katou Megumi. Plain, simple, cute and innocent type girls are always the best. Girls like Erina are high maintenance even after they turn dere. You may enjoy spending a year with her. Maybe two years at best. But if it's someone like Megumi, we are talking about for the rest of your lives.

But since they are fictional characters, choose whoever you want. Ultimately you are picking them for Souma and not for yourselves.

I am yet to understand the hype over Rindou. Having only seen the anime, she is not even worthy of being in the radar of consideration.

There's something more to Rindou than you think...
Leo_TsukinagaMay 2, 2018 2:50 AM
May 2, 2018 8:19 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Svylfnir said:
If you read the manga, Erina is definitely the best girl and the perfect fit for soma. So stfu if you know nothing.

Anyone that couldnt understand that Erina is the best girl, from the start of season 1 is clearly blinded and needs to go visit a doctor or something.
They seriously need to open their eyes, there sure are quite alot of good female cast on the series, but naming other than Erina as best girl, is a waste.
May 2, 2018 8:36 AM

Feb 2018
Playcool said:
Svylfnir said:

Anyone that couldnt understand that Erina is the best girl, from the start of season 1 is clearly blinded and needs to go visit a doctor or something.
They seriously need to open their eyes, there sure are quite alot of good female cast on the series, but naming other than Erina as best girl, is a waste.

not everyone likes tsundere bitches
May 2, 2018 5:13 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
bunnykei said:
Playcool said:

I m sure they are just boring persons then.
May 2, 2018 8:38 PM

Mar 2009
PrimeX said:
No one has even mentioned Nikumi. I'm disappointed in you motherfuckers.

She barely exists, unfortunately.
May 2, 2018 9:17 PM

Mar 2018
Still no.

Megumi FTW.

May 3, 2018 2:05 AM

Feb 2018
Playcool said:
bunnykei said:

I m sure they are just boring persons then.

well same could be said to you , people who like tsundere bitches are just boring people. lmao

Megumi FTW
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2018

105 by Kalathios »»
Sep 13, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2018

179 by duragon49 »»
Aug 8, 5:45 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 12 Discussion

nickehhhhhh - Aug 8, 2018

44 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 23, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 11 Discussion

nickehhhhhh - Aug 8, 2018

21 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 23, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 10 Discussion

tidoesstuff - Aug 9, 2018

28 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 23, 8:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.