Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 16, 2013 1:20 PM

Apr 2012
Good episode. Kinda sad that S2 is coming to an end :(
Jun 16, 2013 7:06 PM

Oct 2011
Ok so congrats Taichi and all.. but OMG the match I've been waiting for so long with Arata vs Shinobu and I was on the edge of my seat when they started and then BAM, cue the Taichi vs Rion match. D: I was like.. "Nooooooooo" I would of been happier for Taichi getting class A if it was an episode just for their match but them just cutting my most anticipated match like that just got me in a sour mood.
Jun 17, 2013 12:33 AM

Jun 2012
A CLASSS!!!
TAICHI congrats man!

Cant believe it's almost over. In just 2 more episodes, the anime will come to an end, and we will have to wait for the 3rd season!
Jun 17, 2013 8:46 AM
Jan 2008
hpulley said:
ElenirLachlagos said:
hpulley said:

It is on the 2-disc Chihayafuru2 Soundtrack, already have it and love it!
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00B16DQ94
Disc 1, track 17 is full length version of 茜空 Akane Sora, disc 1, track 19 is the TV Size version.
It's not available on iTunes, is it?
I can't see it on iTunes, sorry.

It's there ( https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/chihayafuru2-orijinaru-saundotorakku/id613997027 ), but Japan only, so you need a Japanese iTunes account. Japanese music is often like that; music costs way more in the Japanese iTunes store, so they don't want people buying it for cheaper from the US version.

There are ways to buy from the JP store without a Japanese credit card; plenty of places online will help you buy a local gift card, but they charge a markup of ~50% so added to the expensive Japanese music prices you're looking at about $4 per track.
Jun 17, 2013 9:02 AM

Mar 2012
ironfrost said:
hpulley said:
ElenirLachlagos said:
hpulley said:

It is on the 2-disc Chihayafuru2 Soundtrack, already have it and love it!
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00B16DQ94
Disc 1, track 17 is full length version of 茜空 Akane Sora, disc 1, track 19 is the TV Size version.
It's not available on iTunes, is it?
I can't see it on iTunes, sorry.

It's there ( https://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/chihayafuru2-orijinaru-saundotorakku/id613997027 ), but Japan only, so you need a Japanese iTunes account. Japanese music is often like that; music costs way more in the Japanese iTunes store, so they don't want people buying it for cheaper from the US version.

There are ways to buy from the JP store without a Japanese credit card; plenty of places online will help you buy a local gift card, but they charge a markup of ~50% so added to the expensive Japanese music prices you're looking at about $4 per track.

That seems rather counterproductive. "Hey, we can't sell it for as much on US iTunes, so let's not sell it to them at all!" I don't know, that just seems kinda stupid to me. Even if you aren't making as much of a profit, why would you outright refuse to sell a product to potential buyers that want the product? When you do things like that, it just screams, "you might as well download our products illegally because we have too much pride to sell it for cheaper."
Jun 17, 2013 9:43 AM

Feb 2010
1 word to describe this episode.

GODLIKE.
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Jun 17, 2013 11:28 AM
Jan 2011
This episode is so fantastic! Even though i read the manga, the anime definitely does a better job bringing out the emotional aspect of the story. I love watching the character's expressions, it's this attention to detail that makes this one of the few anime that is as good if not better than the manga.

Taichi's struggle this episode touched my heart *sniff*, i love how he is in the zone until he sees Chihaya lol. Chihaya brings him bad luck xD Well it's cuz he's so hopelessly in love with her, everytime she is close to him he get distracted and can't play like his usual self XD I'm glad he pulled out the win in the end, Taichi more than anyone else deserves it! Then in the end when Chihaya cried for him, that was so well done! I love Chihaya's purity, she shows through her actions that she values him above Arata!! <33333333333333333333333333

I love this episode to bits. Chihayafuru is the only anime that makes me crave the weekly episodes.
Jun 17, 2013 11:42 AM
Mar 2012
Toucanbird said:
That seems rather counterproductive. "Hey, we can't sell it for as much on US iTunes, so let's not sell it to them at all!" I don't know, that just seems kinda stupid to me. Even if you aren't making as much of a profit, why would you outright refuse to sell a product to potential buyers that want the product? When you do things like that, it just screams, "you might as well download our products illegally because we have too much pride to sell it for cheaper."
I agree.
It's so hard to get Asian stuff, not just music. Recently I tried buying a Korean drama... No chance. They're either Japanese DVDs without English subs or they're regional code 3. It's the 21st century and I can't legally buy a TV series I like! :/
Japanese music isn't easy to get by either, and if it is, it's quite expensive. But they do sell to Korea, my latest L'Arc~En~Ciel CD is a Korean edition and it was a lot cheaper than the Japanese version (still not cheap to import).

I don't understand why they don't at least sell digitally worldwide. If there's a way to keep me from bying a Japanese iTunes song, then there must be a way to keep the Japanese from buying from the German/US/whatever iTunes.

I actually thought that you could have a good business with releasing manga in digital format. With help from Japanese publishers you could even be faster than fansubs and have a better quality - I think people would pay for that. Surveys showed that the most illegally downloaded movies weren't the most popular, but those that took longest to be released worldwide. People just don't want to wait anymore. Of course not! Look at this place here: we want to discuss with people and share the experience and not wait for months until we know what the others are talking about.

The illegal market exists mainly not because people don't want to pay (though there'll be a few of those), but because it's more convenient.
This is why iTunes worked so well: it made buying digital songs convenient and easy.

[/rant]
Jun 17, 2013 11:51 AM

Sep 2012
Japanese music is very easy to get, you just have to be willing to pay the already high price for the CDs and then high shipping costs or very slow unreliable shipping methods.

The same is true of books. Often it is comical as amazon Japan will not sell me the Kindle version for regional locking reasons but they will sell me the paper copy. I prefer the paper copy anyways but it is bizarre that I can ship discs and paper here the old fashioned way but not electronically.

But Japan is better than it was. Used to be you had to ship to a friend in Japan as a proxy. At least for most physical items I can order them and have them shipped directly now which is nice.

iTunes is convenient but only to a point as we've seen. iTunes UK won't sell me things without a UK credit card or gift card trick either so it is not limited to iTunes Japan.
Jun 17, 2013 12:57 PM
May 2012
TAICHIIIIIII <3 finally! looking forward for the shinobuXarata match~~
Jun 18, 2013 1:35 AM

Jan 2012
its harder to to stay at the top than to get to it. welcome to the top eyelashes!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jun 18, 2013 5:03 AM

Jun 2008
I guess it was about time Taichi he made it. Poor Rion became the punching bag of Mizusawa. Although there was something i would have liked seeing. Like the Queen against Megumu. Megumu is suppose to be a great player right?
Anyway lets see how the big match finishes off. I guess since Arata seems meant to become some big eternal champion in the future it wouldn't be bad if the Queen could at least take a match here.
Jun 19, 2013 1:14 AM
May 2012
Hayama-Mizuki said:
I think it was painful for Chihaya to watch Shinobu x Arata, because their level was out of her reach and she was jealous that she couldn't play with Arata as Shinobu did. So Chihaya was relieved to watch Taichi's match instead.

What a shitty logic.
Jun 19, 2013 1:00 PM

Jul 2009
I am so happy she went to support Taichi! She did the right thing, Arata was away for so long, Taichi was always by her side and it's her team member. The end was super cute, when she says "Congratulations" to him!
I wonder if I am the only one who is not looking forward to Shinobu x Arata match lol...I just hope Shinobu wins, but they could focus more on Taichi and Chihaya xD
Jun 21, 2013 2:43 AM
May 2010
Dang... the very last scene was totally like... Korean drama. LOL. There is no way that Taichi would lose to an amateur like Rion!!! Only if Ayase was not watching him and giving him the pressure, he would have won by a cinch. Always the battle between talent vs diligence. Taichi will be the one crushing this unbeatable barrier up against Arata.
Megumu was crushed by the queen. Wonder if that would change her development and her ideal about being a queen.

jimmy2027Jun 21, 2013 2:50 AM
Jun 22, 2013 4:54 PM

Sep 2011
YES finally! Congratulations Taichi on class A!!!
Jun 24, 2013 8:00 PM

Dec 2012
A lot of emotions this episode, congrats to Taichi!
Jun 26, 2013 4:36 PM

Aug 2010
Yes Taichi! Good job on making class A

5/5
Jun 28, 2013 11:42 AM

Jul 2009
wow the matches with retro were so fast, they didn't even showed how he won XD

the match with Rion is intense, but you've got to give Mashima for this!!

yeah Tachi never beat Chihaya, even in practice match. im glad he was motivated to beat Chihaya the next time they play in a Class A Match!!

poor Rion :(

but she'll do better next year for sure!!!

plus Mashima worked so hard just to get to this point!!

congratulations Tachi!!!

of course the finals will be Arata vs Za Queen!

i vote for Za Queen!!!!

let's go Shinobu-chan!!!!!

last 2 episodes left :(

i want season 3!!!!
Jul 3, 2013 12:52 PM

May 2012
Arata VS the queen, and Taichi finally made it to Class A! Well this is getting really interesting, lets see what's next!
Jul 22, 2013 9:23 AM
May 2012
Oh Shit!!!!!

Finally Taichi is now A class!!

Arata vs Shinobu better be good!!
Jul 23, 2013 10:03 AM

Sep 2009
FINALLY!!!! Congratulations Taichi!!!!~ *^*
Aug 4, 2013 3:48 PM

Jun 2011
Whoa so awesome, even though I've read the manga for this part, still so cool! Go Taichi & Arata!

P.S. Only now I realized how awesome the OSTs and soundtracks of Chihayafuru 2 are, they're so perfect and so good!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 11, 2013 6:34 PM

Sep 2012
Arata, make sure you will win.

Why do they need to cry???
btw Congrats Taichi for winning to Class A...

2 more episodes to finish
Aug 13, 2013 9:52 PM
Feb 2011
Whoa that ended quickly. Chihaya's presence proved to be a great moral booster for Taichi, even helped him to stop overthinking and focus on winning his match. Guess what he needed was just Chihaya after all. Apparently what motivated him for winning was for Chihaya to watch Arata and Shinobu's match, and from that I can say he's no longer bound by his lack of self-confidence (at least at this point). He was confident that he would win and dominated his opponent. Congratulations, indeed ;w;
Dec 31, 2013 12:02 AM
Aug 2011
Beautiful episode.
That ending...I love Chihaya and Taichi so much here. This is exactly what my heart needed.
Jan 4, 2014 2:27 PM

Jul 2008
Why were there 8 pairs playing in the finals in Taichi's room? There are not 8 classes below A, right?
Jan 29, 2014 11:50 AM

Apr 2012
Damn I think I love this show too much! God I'm going to miss this when it ends. Chihaya's tears at the end for Taichi reduced me to a soggy mess!
Apr 14, 2014 6:01 AM

Dec 2012
Congratulations, Taichi! Really happy for him! It seems to be that Taichi is a person who is always only able to be calm in the team matches, because he is focused on winning and only winning and not other things such as lacking talent or having Chihaya watch him play during a team match. However, when he lets such thoughts distract him, that's why he has never been able to win a tournament. However, he overcame his inner demons in the final match and won very convincingly. Looks like he is the only player who is undefeated in both the team and individual tournament this time round.

I was really surprised that Chihaya chose to watch Taichi's match over Arata and Shinobu's. It shows how much Chihaya values her team, and further develops the theme of teamwork and playing karuta together.
May 26, 2014 7:11 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Taichi really pressured himself a lot here. He had to face Rion in the final, and at the same time he wanted to win fast so Chihaya can watch the Class A final. Rion. Although, Nishida was right for Chihaya missing out on the Class A final, Nishida or any of the group members could have brought a camera to record the match.

Glad to see Taichi win. I was getting a bit nervous if Taichi was going to get screwed again.
Now Mizusawa has 3 Class A players.

Jun 9, 2014 1:48 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode that confirms the growth of Taichi, ripe to be equal with talented friends and opponents.
In short this is the gist of the plot, OK!
Compelling narrative, two fights double pleasure.
Now they have to show is the clash between the two giants of katuta!
Graphics and animations dicrete.
Oct 18, 2014 2:57 AM

Mar 2013
That ending... nahwww. He finally did it :D
Nov 26, 2014 9:03 PM

Jun 2012
I'm glad Taichi made it to Class A.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Dec 25, 2014 6:43 AM

Oct 2014
Nice episode :) Taichi finally wining class A and i am so glad Chihaya came to support him it would've hurt him if she didn't
" Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future. "
Cloud Atlas
Mar 17, 2015 2:12 PM

Oct 2013
Great episode. Taichi finally played as good as he can, but it kinda feels he did it because of the wrong reasons...why did he question himself so much? Also, can't he understand that, maybe Chihaya doesn't love him the way he wants her to but she does love him a lot and he is important for her. That's why him match was more important than Arata vs. Queen. Taichi is an idiot, not Chihaya....
May 15, 2015 8:06 AM

Apr 2013
YESSS FINALLY TAICHII ;__;
After so long, (almost 2 seasons lol) he made it to class A! Totally deserves it.

5/5
Nov 8, 2015 3:11 PM

Sep 2013
;_; OMEDETOU ;_;
Nov 11, 2015 9:37 AM
May 2015
Arata vs Shinbou the best match of two seasons.
Feb 7, 2016 6:44 PM

Mar 2014
Catalogs of Class A Karuta player .
Individuals' Finals on the way ~ !! Tranquility ~ .
Caring and amiable attitude for a teammate in battle !!
Strongest Karuta face-to-face ~ !! Attacking their strength .
Asahi room . Pressures by the syllables . Accuracy and Speed .
Splitting and Taking . Covering and Defending .
VERY GREAT EPISODE . *TEARS OF JOY* . OMEDITO :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2016 11:48 AM

Dec 2009
Yes! Yees! He finally made it! To class A! What a long road. Good job Taichi, although it was looking bad at one moment. Now on to the class A final. Can Arata take down the Queen! Hope he can
Apr 4, 2016 8:55 AM
Feb 2009
rebelakuma said:

And that end where Chihaya cry for him with the ending background music is so heartwarming!

Why the ending song for 23 and 6 are different than other episodes?
Aug 26, 2016 8:09 AM

Aug 2014
LovelyHikari said:

Glad to see Taichi win. I was getting a bit nervous if Taichi was going to get screwed again.
Now Mizusawa has 3 Class A players.

Ha. Lol.
well they do get 3 A class players anyway.
Nov 7, 2016 5:20 AM

Dec 2014
well finally join the ranks..... I have to say...finally sad that it is ll ending up
Nov 19, 2016 1:16 AM

Dec 2015
Wow, I can't believe I actually forgot that Taichi makes it to A class. How did I forget this very important and emotional event?
Mar 22, 2017 5:31 AM

Oct 2012
Congratulations for reaching class A, Taichi!
Finally!

I don't need extra feels at the end=
Damn those ninjas and their onions! T_T
"Signature removed"
Mar 25, 2017 9:19 AM
Nov 2015
The ending changed
Apr 25, 2017 11:46 AM

Feb 2013
Taichi was better without Ayase in the room.
May 21, 2017 8:47 AM

Feb 2008
Yay, Mashima made it! The way Chihaya completely broke his concentration was priceless, though.
Sep 10, 2017 8:07 AM

Nov 2016
Mashima did it, finally A Class.

Sooo cute how happy Chihaya is for him.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 28, 2017 5:00 PM

Feb 2015
I'm glad Chihaya went to support Taichi - he deserved it. Although it almost threw him off his groove haha. Loved when he found his balance during the match by thinking of Chihaya - so sweet. And he was still so focused on her he didn't even realize he made it to class A finally! And love how Arata throws off Shinobu by being so calm.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2013

182 by pendr4gonz »»
Sep 17, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MermaidGalaxies - Jun 28, 2013

362 by Spyral_Grayson »»
Jul 20, 1:19 AM

» New season

DonCaLiChAn - Jul 4

12 by shahriarm10 »»
Jul 10, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2013

138 by bassyey »»
Mar 16, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2013

160 by fathandz »»
Feb 17, 11:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.