Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 »
Aug 17, 2017 6:26 AM

Dec 2015
great ending, loved it!!
Sep 3, 2017 12:28 AM

Jan 2016
I loved the anime, now I guess I'll go watch UBW (although Fate/Zero seems better at first glance in my opinion).

But the ending left me with some stuff I didn't understand (I haven't watched Fate/stay night btw):

Oct 12, 2017 2:40 PM

May 2016
I'm speechless 9/10 but what happened to Saber and why Aoi san is alive?
Nov 19, 2017 5:36 PM

Mar 2010
Fate/zero being my first entry into this series I knew something was going to happen. I mean if Kiritsugu got his wish clearly UBW would not be a thing. I did end up reading the first 2 hours of the VN just get some understanding of the world though.
Jan 23, 2018 2:57 PM

Sep 2010
Kiritsugu best protagonist. Gil bathed in all the culture. Lol. I didn't get the impression Mom Tohsaka was alive earlier, ok then.

At least this anime told me something about Kirei at the end here, "You must be alive because of magic or something." Entertaining series, looks like I'll have to read the Wiki or something to know more about the Grail and some other details.

Angra Mainyu part was cool. Saber in Avalon showing she seriously wanted to wish upon the Grail and it's hardly about how Lancelot felt it's more her reaction to what happened at the end of her legend. Overall 9/10
Toxic_MongooseJan 23, 2018 3:07 PM
Jan 24, 2018 4:42 AM

Oct 2014
Toxic_Mongoose said:
looks like I'll have to read the Wiki or something to know more about the Grail and some other details.

The grail part of the wiki has more spoilers for HF movies, you might wanna know that.
Feb 8, 2018 4:15 AM

Apr 2017
This final episode was purely masterpiece! It really deserved the praise. Nothing to say more.
Apr 20, 2018 2:17 PM
Feb 2017
That was epic and shirou is a very kawaii boi

May 5, 2018 7:18 PM

Mar 2018
Damn, last episode hit me with the feel train... So many questions are answered, glad it left me feeling all satisfied.

9/10 - (Actually rated a 10/10 at first, but then after I calmed down from finishing the ending, I decided that a 9 would be the best)

Yeah, it's this fu*king good, I am speechless by how original and profound the plot is. Type-Moon, holy grail! That was the bomb!! Although we didn't get to see enough action scenes, compared to FSN, I genuinely have nothing left to say, besides the fact that Fate/Zero has set my bar wayyyy up high, I don't think there will ever be another anime that can reach this potential...

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ YOᑌ.... ᑕOᑌᒪᗪ IT ᗷE TᕼᗩT YOᑌ'ᖇE ᒍᑌᔕT ᗩᑎ IᗪIOT?
~ Araragi Senpai

* .    *
.      ˚    *   ·
.  ✦             ✫ ·
.    ✢    °         ✧    .       
Aug 23, 2018 7:31 AM
Feb 2016
Damnn so good so tragic epic nice ending most of the main villain alive yeahhh so basically it felt like watching an adult SasukeXNaruto realtionship between emiya and kirie kind of funny tho next up UBW hope it aint boring
Sep 9, 2018 1:07 PM

Jan 2015
Very intense finale. Even though I got confused a little, it was so dark and epic. 9/10 this season.
Nov 4, 2018 11:39 AM

Feb 2015
I might not have liked it as much as I should have (mainly because I didn't read the novels) but at least it's answered all the lingering questions about Fate/Stay Night I had.
Nov 20, 2018 7:49 PM

Oct 2018
I wanted to see Gilgamesh and his master dead! WHY?
Kiritsugu killed this idiot Kirei!!!! He killed him with the special bullet! Kiritsugu won! Come on! XD

So........in the end, Kirei won the Holy Grail?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Feb 1, 2019 12:54 PM
Jul 2018
It was an amazing series, I loved it. I also liked how they had an epilogue at the end as well. Though one thing bothered me, wasn't Aoi killed by Kariya in the church, how was she alive at the funeral of Tkiyomi? Also will Kirei take care of Rin, her mother seems like has lost her mind ... oh well.

Overall a solid 9/10
Feb 1, 2019 9:11 PM

Oct 2014
Nanaya-kun said:
Though one thing bothered me, wasn't Aoi killed by Kariya in the church, how was she alive at the funeral of Tkiyomi?

kariya didn’t kill her, he choked her until she passed out. and she suffered brain damage due to oxygen deprivation
Feb 2, 2019 12:59 AM
Jul 2018
Shayon said:
Nanaya-kun said:
Though one thing bothered me, wasn't Aoi killed by Kariya in the church, how was she alive at the funeral of Tkiyomi?

kariya didn’t kill her, he choked her until she passed out. and she suffered brain damage due to oxygen deprivation

I see, I figured, thank you for clarifying.
Mar 1, 2019 3:42 AM

Aug 2018
Fantastically good series. Both the writing and the animation were superior.
May 6, 2019 5:11 PM
Jul 2018
I cried anime for the first time. What a moved development.
May 30, 2019 1:18 AM
Jan 2019
my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. Thanks Fate/Zero.

7/10
Jun 14, 2019 6:48 AM

Dec 2018
For a moment I thought Kirei married with Aoi. But oh well, she lost it.

The irony of the dagger, and that irony will happen again in FSN.

In the end there's 3 possiblities that caused that disaster:

1. Saber destroyed the Holy Grail.
2. Kirei had his wish granted.
3. The Holy Grail isn't a wish grating device.

The second one is just Gilgamesh opinion though. Besides, Kirei lose to Kiritsugu before Saber destroys the Holy Grail.

He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 17, 2019 6:35 PM
Aug 2018
The ending left a bad taste in my mouth. Call it artsy all you want, but I didn't really enjoy it personally.
Aug 7, 2019 11:10 AM

Jul 2019
So that explains Waver's PTSD flashbacks from the Grail war. Sure a lot of people died but not Kirei or Kiritsugu? Gilgamesh is also still around. So the weaker hero's really don't have much of a chance. C'mon...

Overall still a satisfying ending though.
Aug 17, 2019 12:04 PM

Sep 2014
Kiritsugu's despair sure was something until he found Shirou, sad that he couldn't see Illya ever again. Guess he passed away just after Shirou said that although he didn't seem THAT old..
Saber keeps on suffering unfortunately, the war sure took its toll on her.

The Grail feels like a huge troll, don't really understand how Kirei and Gil won when Saber destroyed it.
Pretty fucked up he gave Rin that same weapon he used to kill her dad. Surprised Aoi didn't die back then but her current condition isn't great either.

Feel like the Kariya and Sakura scene could've been better, too bad she's still stuck with that creep Zouken, hope he gets his just rewards later.

Pretty great series overall but somehow feels like a few things are missing.
Now where do I go from here...
nerfxAug 17, 2019 12:08 PM
Sep 27, 2019 3:09 AM
Feb 2016
Just finished this for the first time, Jesus that was pure tragedy, Shakespeare would be jealous. My older sister loves fate and wanted me to watch this. That hurt, I’m heartbroken. 9/10 great show but holy hell if that didn’t make me cry multiple times. I know how fate stay night starts and this is the prequel but it just hurt. That’s my take on it.
clown president general plue
Oct 31, 2019 2:14 PM

Jan 2015
Oh man this was so underwhelming, I was expecting much more from this series. A lot of pacing issues, characters not flashed out well, too many pointless dialogs, fights were boring and even more so the rest

UBW is way better

5/10 and I’m being generous
XenocrisiOct 31, 2019 2:18 PM
Jan 23, 2020 4:16 AM
Jul 2018
Saber really wanted her wish to be granted so bad.

I miss Iskandar, Waver does too. He feels lonely now that he has no one to talk with anymore. He knows that he will always be friends with Iskandar. They had unique bond for a servant and a human.

I feel bad for Rin losing her father, the murderer was just right in front of her. Kotomine felt sorry for her, so she gave Rin that dagger.
Feb 19, 2020 9:45 AM

Apr 2009
The writing and art of this show is superb.

Emiya won, Kirei also admitted it on UBW show before the start of the Holy Grail.
nerfx said:

The Grail feels like a huge troll, don't really understand how Kirei and Gil won when Saber destroyed it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2020 11:51 AM

Sep 2019
This season was straight up banger in comparison to the first season. So much was happening I don't even knew how to react at some scenes. 7/10.
Apr 12, 2020 3:30 AM

Sep 2017
Probably one of the worst fate anime of all time. Fate zero is a failure in writing. Nobody understands what goes on and there are no answers.
It is also depressing compared to the other fate series and fate stay night anime is way better than this.
Only star is for kirei X Gilgamesh naked at the end.
True winners are kotomine kirei.
1/10

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 19, 2020 9:28 PM

Jul 2015
Sep 8, 2020 6:00 AM

Aug 2020
Incredible ending, I love it! All in all, it was an amazing anime. For me personally, it's a 10/10. Very well written characters, an exciting story and very good presentation by Ufotable. I'm not a fan of this studio, but their animation certainly is very fluid and consistent. I hope other fate anime can reach the level of fate/zero (I haven't watched any of them completely)
Nov 14, 2020 6:42 PM
Jul 2020
Wow.. what an ending. Everything that I was concerned about last season was immediately rectified - I am very impressed, I must say.

This season started of fast pace, which was an immediate improvement from last season's slow and dragging pace. Alas, we finally saw important characters - though quite abruptly - die meaningful deaths that impacted the story. The fight scenes and plot twists put me on the edge of my seat, as they were strategic and intricate - whilst being chaotic and intense at the same time. The characters saw their ideals and put into place in front of the Holy grail they were so verily seeking for. Their incentives and motives were often questioned, and they were put in situations where their morals were questionable, which gave them development to their character. One example - or, to name a few - is Emiya kiritsugu; our main character. Each time he was put in life or death situations where he can obtain the holy grail, he sacrificed it for his own ideals, which were to make the world a more safer and gentler space. This may seem generic, but the execution of this trope was impeccable. Each and every time he was in a moral dilemma, he seem to come out more morally ambiguous. This came especially true when he mercilessly killed his wife & daughter, Irisviel and Ilya, and chose not to obtain the Holy Grail, even though his goal was obtain since the start. Now, I alluded earlier as to how epic the fights were; it was truly epic imo. One of the best fights in the series - or perhaps one of my favourite of all time, occurred between Kiritsugu and Kirei. The clash between two differing ideals, while both characters being fairly similar, on top of the amazing animation and catharsis, was truly eye appeasing to me.

Sadly, not all of the characters died, as a few continued to live, and seek to obtain the Holy Grail after Kiritsugu foolishly gave it up. Moreover, this put a slight disappointment in me, as I was expected a more climatic ending to the story.

Also, I just wanted to point out how cruel Kirei is handing over the same knife he used to kill Tokiomi to Rin, his daughter. Little does the poor girl know....

9/10. Definitely an improvement from last season - and probably going into favourites list - but still needs some slight improvements in order to deemed a masterpiece for me.
Dec 17, 2020 2:00 PM

Jul 2019
I expected my experience to be ruined because I watched DEEN first, but not at all. It works. Fantastic music, animations, and voice acting clearly helps. This show doesn't focus on one character but handled it perfectly. Even that Kiritsugu backstory episodes were amazing.
Feb 14, 2021 8:20 PM

May 2020
Not bad. It does make a sense how Holy Grail was. 7/10 enjoyable
Feb 14, 2021 8:46 PM
Feb 2021
That was some shakespearean writing.
Mar 20, 2021 12:51 AM
Apr 2020
Hmm.. Neutral ending huh? Well I guess it has to be like that kind of conclusion cuz the story will continue to Fate UBW

9/10 for this. Definitely an improvementioned compare to the 1st season. Now next Imma see how studio Deen will play on their Fate/stay night adaptation. I'm already predicting that it will be not a good one. . .

If I will be asked of whose my favorite characters of the series? I'll definitely pick Saber and especially Rider :)
Apr 3, 2021 11:05 PM
Jul 2018
I was really crying when rider died and Waver said to gilgamesh he was rider's ritainer, 3/5
May 3, 2021 1:22 PM

Feb 2017
That Kotomine Kirei vs Kiritsugu fight was something else
I don't get why ppl like sakura after seeing such awful scene maybe she was possesed or hopeless, messed but still..
Damn rushed and cut content ending.. I guess ppl have to read the Fate spin-off prequel Light Novel for the full experiencie. Also confusing af and we didn't see Saber vs Gilgamesh fight
koleyMay 3, 2021 1:36 PM
Jun 11, 2021 3:42 PM
Mar 2018
watching this series first, it honestly wasnt as bad as expected in terms of confusion when most fans recommended to watch ubw first. and kiritsugu meeting shirou was pretty cool as it builds up to ubw. had some questions that didnt make sense but quick reddit google search answered them well without spoilers. tbh, glad i started chronologically and with this one first so i can go by ufotable release order. overall, this was really fun to watch. first season was bit slow 8/10. second season where ppl started dying was lot more fun. 8.5/10. looking forward to binge ubw and then heaven feel next
Jun 28, 2021 7:20 AM
Jul 2018
Well there we have it, the end of fate zero. I'm going to be blunt and say this completely lived up to the hype, what an absolute ride... I'm not going to pretend like I understood everything but all I know is that what I saw was incredible.
What I think happened was: Saber destroys the grail, transporting her back to that hill she was on at the end. Because she was unable to grant her wish of going back she is just left to grieve the loss of her comrades, especially Lancelot. With Saber gone only Gilgamesh and Kirei are left so by default his wish is granted. I was waiting to know what Kirei's wish and this was way worse than I expected. They half-spoiled it in UBW but it still hit hard. And Kiritsugu saves one child, that s enough for him to have in exchange for his daughter who he rejected in the grail.
Overall just a perfect season. Some of the best peaks in anime and the lows were few and far between.
10/10
I doubt my rating will go down because I already know I'm really going to enjoy analyzing everything that just went down in the future. Until then, onto HF and possibly a UBW rewatch.
Jul 15, 2021 8:02 AM
Jun 2019
Nothing to say that has been said by these fellas lol...

10/10
Aug 4, 2021 6:14 AM

Feb 2019
So it ends... That was an amazing series. It exceeded my expectations of what sort of series Fate is.

In the end, nothing really works out. Not even for Kirei, who nevertheless enjoyed it. It was quite sad to see Rin so alone now. I totally thought Aoi died, but it seems she's still alive, albeit crippled and probably brain-damaged. Can't imagine how hard it must be for Rin. But I know that it's far worse for Sakura, who has to go through another 10 years of torture at the hands of Zouken's cursed bugs. In the end, Kariya went all through that pain and suffering for nothing.

I was wondering why Kiritsugu didn't visit Ilya. I thought he stayed at Fuyuki to atone for his sins or something, but it turns out it was the damned Einzberns who did it. The heartless idiots kept Ilya from Kiritsugu. After all, Ilya must be just a tool for them. It's so heartbreaking that Kiritsugu never met Ilya again. And with the Holy Grail War still going on, Ilya is forced to continue the path of the Einzbern homunculi. This is one of the most heartbreaking parts for me.

And I guess Saber never found out why Kiritsugu ordered her to destroy the Grail.

It all sets the stage for the three main routes.

9/10. Heaven's Feel was amazing. I loved it so much, and it still is my favourite Fate... series? Technically, it's a trilogy of movies. My favourite "route" I'll call it. But Fate/Zero has made me a fan of the Fate universe/franchise in general, because it's convinced me that the ones outside of Heaven's Feel are amazing too. Will definitely watch the other Fate series now.
Aug 29, 2021 4:24 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, this is more of what I was hoping for! First 3 episodes were about the same quality as last season but the episodes after that were simply just fantastic. And this finale, to top it off. Depressing on numerous fronts but it fits the theme of the route perfectly and gives a much better understanding of the adapted VN routes.

Last episode's cliffhanger along with Ufotable's stunning animation honestly got me really riled up but the devastation that followed as a result was tough to watch. Kiritsugu's struggle to find survivors in particular, good lord. Gilgamesh fanservice in the end though, lol why not? It was nice to see that he did try to visit Illya after the war, and that confirms something for me from the HF route.

Kariya Matou-san's demise followed by Sakura's demoralised comment, yeah that stung quite a bit. Ever since watching HF II, I can't help but be a but more aware of her tragedy and some of the shots of the worm bath and whatnot just made it even worse for me. I've talked about this enough in the HF II and III discussion posts though so I'll just end it off here.

A short insight into Rin's responsibilities and what she lost from the war didn't look nice at all. God, the state of the mother though. And to make it worse, Kotomine's wry smile.

On Saber's end, not a merry ending either. Deep-rooted regrets, that's obviously tough to bear. The shot of the sun rise was quite special and certainly left an impact too.

Rider's final moments from last episode was a serious respect moment. Gilgamesh acknowledging and respecting Iskander was a nice touch. Velvet and Iskander duo turned out to be the best pair by far! On the other hand, the contrast between Saber and Kiritsugu definitely made things interesting in a different way.

All in all, the journey to the expected end goal provided a new experience that is usually untouched in the medium and 100% made me enthralled in the franchise even more! By no means, a perfect journey all together as I hinted above, but the various explorations (e.g. morality, worth of being a king etc.) that the series pondered on made it all the more impactful and meaningful to keep up with. I find it amazing how nearly all the servants, masters and a few of the side character's goals' were handled as well, very professionally done indeed.

Episodes 4 & 5, from what I've received a fair amount of backlash but to me, it was really nice to have it right after Ep 3's twist. Some vital character development there, if you ask me.

ED's majestic song and the visuals illustrating the relationship between Kiritsugu and Iyasviel was another take-away from the season for me. Beautiful stuff!

Settling with a well-deserved 9/10 here! A significant step up this season as compared to the previous.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 4, 2021 3:52 AM

Dec 2012
Dat Excalibur.
Saber's face. Dat tear.
HOLY SHIT! The sky!
Gil survives.
HOLY SHIT! Its pouring and landed on Gil.
Ilya.
Dat fire!
Kiritsugu is... trying to save people.
Kariya is alive.
Kariya brings Sakura to see Rin.
Oh... Kariya is dead.
Sakura called him a...baka.
Kirei is alive.
LMAO at Gil looking fabulous naked.
Gil got spat out.
Gil has been incarnated.
Kirei has no heartbeat.
Sabers gone. Gil and Kirei won the war.
Kirei laughs.
Kirei sees Kiritsugu. Kiritsugu sees Kirei.
Kiritsugu starts digging. Kirei is pissed.
Dat hand. A boy.
Kiritsugu's face.
Fate/Zero 0:00:00

And that was the end... or should I say... the beginning. My 10th anniversary rewatch of F/Z is over. I still consider it a masterpiece after 9 years. It is the Fate that made the series explode in popularity. It is why ufotable became a powerhouse (had a bigger impact than Kara no Kyoukai and F the casuals regarding KnY). It is the reason why I consider Rikiya Koyama one of the GOATs. He was perfect as Kiritsugu. Kiritsugu is my favorite Fate character. Once again, Kalafina and Luna Haruna slayed the OP and ED songs.

I thought nothing of Kariya during my 1st watch, but in the 1st episode, he looked cool this time. Unfortunate that he went through that transformation.

Finally, Kiritsugu really didn't talk/conversate with Saber 99.9% (the .1 is debatable during the Kayneth death episode at the end) of the series. lol
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 13, 2021 12:37 PM
Aug 2017
Man what a journey. First started off with Fate/stay night 2006, Unlimited Blade Works S1 & 2, Heavens Feel movies and finally Fate Zero S1 & 2. Truly a wonderful ride.

Kiritsugu uses 3 command seals on Saber to destroy the grail. Saber destroys it in despair and tears. The grail is revealed not to be an omnipotent wish granting device but evil and destruction. The tragedy which saves Shirou Emiya is brought forth.

Gilgamesh and Kirei survive through the grail. Gilgamesh is naked and proudly sitting atop rubble, lol.

I feel so bad for Kariya.... He deserved so much better.

Waver is the MVP of the Grail War, happy he went back to the grandparents. Rider best servant. Sad he didn't get to play the video games he bought.

Rin and Kirei appear at Tokiomis funeral. Aoi is alive (barely). Rin is still as tsundere as ever and that mother of hers still a bitch. Kirei gives Rin the blade Tokiomi gave him for completing his magic training, it's also the same one he used to kill Tokiomi. Rin cries as she recieves the blade and Kirei struggles to hold back a smile.

Kiritsugu never got to see Illya again as it didn't allow him to go back to the castle since he didn't have the grail. Fucking shitty Einzberns keeping Kiritsugu from Illya… :(

Opening and ending amazing
OST amazing
Animation amazing

10/10
OceanStream13Nov 13, 2021 12:48 PM
Nov 20, 2021 5:27 PM

Jun 2020
da 10/10 list keep increasing
Jan 18, 2022 6:05 AM

Aug 2020
I'm speechless. (・–・) 10/10

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
May 1, 2022 8:07 AM

Jun 2019
What an amazing finale. That was such a great end to such an amazing series. Loved it from the beginning to the end. Kiritsugu was such a great MC. I got emotional when he was looking to save people from the rubble. All this man ever wanna do was to become a hero and save as many people as he can by sacrificing everyone close to him. It was such a sad life for him. I'm happy that at least he found someone who he can take care of, Shirou.
May 5, 2022 5:01 PM

Feb 2021
I'm shocked but at the same time underwhelmed. The ending was tragic, and could've been even more tragic if the lead up to it was better, and because of that it didn't affect me how tragic it was. Like I said before, I didn't ever care for whatever happened to any of the characters (except for maybe Kariya), which wasted a lot of emotional impact that could've been there if the characters weren't as underdeveloped

This show had a lot going for it from the beginning but I really feel like it only scratched the surface of its potential. I'll take some time to think of a justified score but for now I'll leave it
Jun 16, 2022 5:00 AM
Nov 2020
Tbh Idk how to react...dont know if the ending was satisfying...maybe it could have a different end.. maybe...
also This ep set up the sequel very well
Pages (27) « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 12, 2012

591 by DeadlyPhysnom »»
Aug 25, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 21, 2012

642 by DeadlyPhysnom »»
Aug 23, 7:43 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AkkaAkka - Apr 7, 2012

380 by landofthekwt »»
Aug 21, 10:12 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

656 by Forum »»
Jul 11, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

729 by Forum »»
Jul 11, 4:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.